O- Shanahan

D- Cowher

:D

rad
02-06-2009, 06:36 AM
I'll say:

O - Gailey
D - Ron Aiken, former Iowa/Cardinals DL

I don't know if I'm OK with keeping anybody from the CP era, but........is there anyone available that's better?

Red Beans
02-06-2009, 07:30 AM
I don't know if I'm OK with keeping anybody from the CP era, but........is there anyone available that's better?

Gailey made a pretty good O out of a pile of monkey shit. I think he and Haley would make a pretty decent combo.

Gdaddy
02-06-2009, 07:32 AM
OC- Gailey
D- Crennel
ST- Frank Ganz

soopamanluva
02-06-2009, 07:35 AM
oc-gailey
dc-john mitchell
Posted via Mobile Device

missinDThomas
02-06-2009, 07:45 AM
shower and canahan

Old Dog
02-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Davis and Gailey

cabletech94
02-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Nothing can be worse than Mike Priefer as ST coach.
Do they not teach "the wedge" anymore?

Blindside58
02-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Didn't Russ Grimm follow Haley to AZ from Pittsburgh?

el borracho
02-06-2009, 08:08 AM
O- Shanahan

D- Cowher

Special Teams- Mini Ditka

Jerm
02-06-2009, 08:09 AM
OC - Eric Price

DC - Romeo Crennel

el borracho
02-06-2009, 08:09 AM
oc-gailey
dc-john mitchell
Posted via Mobile Device

Joni Mitchell? What?... were Peter, Paul and Mary not available?

chief4life
02-06-2009, 08:20 AM
OC - Eric Price

DC - Romeo Crennel

This here

soopamanluva
02-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Joni Mitchell? What?... were Peter, Paul and Mary not available?
i said john micthell. who the hell is joni?

reading is fundemental.
Posted via Mobile Device

mikeyis4dcats.
02-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I've fine with keeping Gailey. Crennel would be a nice pickup at D.

Basileus777
02-06-2009, 08:47 AM
OC - Dick Curl
DC - Tim Krumrie

Get it done Scott and Todd.

FringeNC
02-06-2009, 08:49 AM
It'll be interesting to see if he goes with a 3-4 guy as DC. My guess is that he will.

chief4life
02-06-2009, 09:03 AM
OC - Dick Curl
DC - Tim Krumrie

Get it done Scott and Todd.

You should be shot :shake: ROFL

PhillyChiefFan
02-06-2009, 09:06 AM

reading is fundemental.
Posted via Mobile Device

Joni was the assistant Defensive Backs coach at Detroit when they went all the way.

Everyone knows this. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joni_Mitchell

Christofire
02-06-2009, 09:16 AM
O- Shanahan

D- Cowher

LOL. Y'all are cracking me up today.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-06-2009, 09:19 AM
DC- Crennel

OC- Anyone but Gailey. I don't understand why anyone wants to keep him.

KCChiefsFan88
02-06-2009, 09:23 AM
OC- Al Saunders
DC- Romeo Crennel

Marco Polo
02-06-2009, 09:25 AM
I'll say:

O - Gailey
D - Ron Aiken, former Iowa/Cardinals DL

This might actually happen.

seaofred
DC- Jim Hasselt? I would prefer Crennel.
OC- Possibley one of the assistants from Arizona.

Brock
I think they're going to keep Gailey, and I'd try to steal someone from Pittsburgh's defensive staff.

missinDThomas
02-06-2009, 09:30 AM
chief4life, your sig gives me that special feeling everytime i see it.

PhillyChiefFan
02-06-2009, 09:35 AM
I think they're going to keep Gailey, and I'd try to steal someone from Pittsburgh's defensive staff.

Is Todd Bowles still and option or not? He was in the mix but faded out, I might have missed something.

chief4life
02-06-2009, 09:49 AM
chief4life, your sig gives me that special feeling everytime i see it.

ROFL Tmi the girl on the left is becca, and the girl on the right is alex say hi

missinDThomas
02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
hey ladies

missinDThomas
02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
lol

Frazod
02-06-2009, 09:58 AM
DC- Crennel

OC- Anyone but Gailey. I don't understand why anyone wants to keep him.

Because, unlike Gunther, he actually did a little coaching last year. He adjusted to the personnel losses and limitations and put forth a decent unit. He certainly earned himself another shot, IMO.

The Bad Guy
02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Because, unlike Gunther, he actually did a little coaching last year. He adjusted to the personnel losses and limitations and put forth a decent unit. He certainly earned himself another shot, IMO.

His second half adjustments were also terrible.

Frazod
02-06-2009, 10:03 AM
His second half adjustments were also terrible.

Yeah, he did seem to shoot his wad in the first half. But unlike 2007, they put up some points, and we were in a position to win most of our games (after the Thigpen O took off). But that defense.... Jesus.

bevis369
What is the latest that assclown and Fatlock say on the subject...

StcChief

reading is fundemental.
Posted via Mobile Device got google.. singer songwriter from 60s

http://jonimitchell.com/

StcChief
02-06-2009, 10:06 AM
likely Crenell.... we did lose HE so for AA (Rooney) rule will have to played.

bdeg
02-06-2009, 10:06 AM
ROFL Tmi the girl on the left is becca, and the girl on the right is alex say hi

You're not claiming to know these girls are you? Definitely looks like something grabbed off the net.

KC-TBB
02-06-2009, 10:07 AM
will any of this matter if we don't get more talent???

CupidStunt
02-06-2009, 10:09 AM

:spock:

MIAdragon
02-06-2009, 10:26 AM

you sure the one on the right is Alex?

HTrayne
02-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Regardless, where can we see more of these girls???

Thig Lyfe
02-06-2009, 12:07 PM
O - Gailey
D - Some guy

I don't mind keeping Gailey, but I also wouldn't mind getting rid of him, if only to completely eradicate any link to the CP era.

Mr. Laz
02-06-2009, 12:11 PM
hell yes it will

even with lesser talent we underachieved like a mofo

look at what happen on the offense as soon as we opened it up. The talent level was still the same but it got much more productive.

i expect the same jump on defense next year if we get a real defensive coordinator over goonther.

unothadeal
02-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Is Tim Krumrie still employed?

DaWolf
02-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Here's an interesting note:

The Colts have finally announced the coaching changes that we have all known about for weeks. Larry Coyer is the new defensive coordinator for the Colts. Also new to the team is Ray Rychleski, who is now Indy's special team's coordinator. The Colts have also promoted wide receivers coach Clyde Christensen to Assistant Head Coach.

Coyer and Rychleski replace Ron Meeks and Russ Purnell, respectively. Though Meeks retired and Purnell's contract was not renewed, the consensus among most is that they were fired. Clyde Christensen takes the AC job that Jim Caldwell had under Tony Dungy. They might be grooming Christensen for offensive coordinator when Tom Moore retires. Christensen did interview for the 49ers then-vacant offensive coordinator job, and was once Tony Dungy's OC down in Tampa Bay.

I guess the big question is, Why did this take so long?

Perhaps the Colts were waiting to hear what Herm Edwards wanted to do after Kansas City fired him. Perhaps they wanted to know if Cardinals DB coach Teryl Austin wanted to leave the desert and run Indy's defense. Austin may join new KC coach Todd Haley. Regardless, the hold up may have been related to all the moves Scott Pioli is doing as the new GM for the Chiefs. Now that KC has its coach, and Herm Edwards has decided to spew nonsense for ESPN, the Colts have settled on Coyer and Rychleski.
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/2/6/751511/finally-we-have-our-vacant

Teryl Austin, DC?

Frankie
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Offense:
I wouldn't mind a couple of old Chiefs back:

OC- Saunders
OL- Solari (He's employed though, I think)
+ I would keep Eric price.

Defense:

DC, Asst HC - Ron Rivera

Frankie
02-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Gailey did a good job. But that was when we switched to the spread. I wonder if he is a good match foe Haley though.

SNR
02-06-2009, 12:26 PM
O - Gailey
D - Some guy

I don't mind keeping Gailey, but I also wouldn't mind getting rid of him, if only to completely eradicate any link to the CP era.Getting rid of Gonzalez and LJ would do an even more thorough job of removing Carl stench than getting rid of Gailey. Gailey was here for one season in an obviously lame-duck year judging by the actions of Clark Hunt. Gailey doesn't represent ANY traces of Carl, to me. Especially if he's going to work with Haley to install a completely new offense.

SNR
02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
likely Crenell.... we did lose HE so for AA (Rooney) rule will have to played.Auf Englisch, bitte

buddha
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Anybody who doesn't see what Gailey was able to do with the poor talent and the inexperienced QB simply wasn't paying attention, lacks the ability to think critically, or has clue about football. That was a freaking rabbit pulled out of a hobo's hat.

Of course, some of you think everything and everybody involved with last year's team is crap and all need to be fired. Once again, you don't know much.

Jerm
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Nick Wright just said on 610 that his "inside info" or whatever the hell it is from inside the locker room is that Haley has a good idea who his DC will be and it'll be someone who runs the 3-4.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Anybody who doesn't see what Gailey was able to do with the poor talent and the inexperienced QB simply wasn't paying attention, lacks the ability to think critically, or has clue about football. That was a freaking rabbit pulled out of a hobo's hat.

Of course, some of you think everything and everybody involved with last year's team is crap and all need to be fired. Once again, you don't know much.

Why was he only able to accomplish those things in the 1st half of games, and not the 2nd half?

The players didn't change between halves.

Micjones
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Gailey did a great job with what he had last year...
Can't deny that.

I won't be upset if he's retained, but I'd like to see Haley go and get "his guy".

JASONSAUTO
02-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Why was he only able to accomplish those things in the 1st half of games, and not the 2nd half?The players didn't change between halves.

herm maybe? the play calling definately changed when we got a lead, who's fault was it? did he do what he was told by his boss?

Sully
02-06-2009, 12:33 PM
OC-Gailey
DC-Crennell

JASONSAUTO
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
OC-Gailey
DC-Crennell

seems to be the consensus

blueballs
HA
they keep Gailey
incase Haley gets ejected

Micjones
seems to be the consensus

I could live with that.
Two strong coordinators.

JASONSAUTO
02-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I could live with that.
Two strong coordinators.

yep

Micjones
02-06-2009, 12:36 PM
yep

I wanna see Chan expand the offensive philosophy and balance his attack a bit more.

I also hope he can adjust and perform better in the Second Halves of games.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 12:36 PM
herm maybe? the play calling definately changed when we got a lead, who's fault was it? did he do what he was told by his boss?

You can't POSSIBLY believe that.

Do you know how long it takes to get a play call into the QB, WITHOUT screening it through the HC first?

JASONSAUTO
02-06-2009, 12:41 PM
You can't POSSIBLY believe that.

Do you know how long it takes to get a play call into the QB, WITHOUT screening it through the HC first?

what makes you think that herm didnt give the orders to go more conservative at halftime?

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 12:47 PM
what makes you think that herm didnt give the orders to go more conservative at halftime?

I can GUARANTEE he didn't.

Look at the 2nd half rushing attempts.

Conservative = pounding the rock.

Without taking the time to go through every gamelog, I'll just about guarantee that there wasn't a single game from the Jets game on where LJ had more than 8 carries in the 2nd half.

LJ had one of the higher YPC averages of his career, yet he barely touched the ball. 16 carries per game. That is unacceptable, especially when he averaged 4.5 a carry.

JASONSAUTO
02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
I can GUARANTEE he didn't.

Look at the 2nd half rushing attempts.

Conservative = pounding the rock.

Without taking the time to go through every gamelog, I'll just about guarantee that there wasn't a single game from the Jets game on where LJ had more than 8 carries in the 2nd half.

LJ had one of the higher YPC averages of his career, yet he barely touched the ball. 16 carries per game. That is unacceptable, especially when he averaged 4.5 a carry.

#1 how can YOU guarantee anything? were YOU in the lockerroom? and we couldnt guarantee a first down running the ball. it's about the types of plays called. shorter throws.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
#1 how can YOU guarantee anything? were YOU in the lockerroom? and we couldnt guarantee a first down running the ball. it's about the types of plays called. shorter throws.

LJ averaged 4.5 a carry.

Tell me how that doesn't equate running the ball effectively?

You're reaching.

Badly.

The FACTS are as follows:

Gailey did a good job in the 1st half.

Gailey did a piss-poor job in the 2nd half.

Short throws?

You mean like calling a fade twice in 3 tries in a goal-to-go situation? He did that MULTIPLE times.

It amazes me how many people think that the HC has ANYTHING to do with play calls. There's simply not enough time to screen calls through the HC, get them approved, then get them to the QB in time.

Micjones
02-06-2009, 12:55 PM
So who's your guy OTW?

JASONSAUTO
02-06-2009, 12:56 PM
LJ averaged 4.5 a carry.

Tell me how that doesn't equate running the ball effectively?

You're reaching.

Badly.

Gailey did a piss-poor job in the 2nd half.

Short throws?

You mean like calling a fade twice in 3 tries in a goal-to-go situation? He did that MULTIPLE times.

It amazes me how many people think that the HC has ANYTHING to do with play calls. There's simply not enough time to screen calls through the HC, get them approved, then get them to the QB in time.

so you think that we ran the ball effectively this season? fuck the stats. did we run the ball when we wanted to? and if you didnt understand i'll say it again herm COULD HAVE made the decision on what type of plays to call AT HALFTIME. no need to screen them then huh? and if plays were called out of line it doesnt take too long to say back off does it?

Micjones
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Gailey did a great job in some aspects...
He left a lot to be desired in others though.

He got cute when simplicity was necessary and was much too simplistic when we needed a little ingenuity.

That said, NO coach is perfect.
So I can live with Gailey if he stays on with the team.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
So who's your guy OTW?

OC?

Honestly, I have no clue who he may bring in, OC or DC. I just hope he starts fresh.

In all honesty, Gailey doesn't seem to fit Haley's aggressive attitude. As much as I hate to say it, Martz is more of a Haley-kind-of-guy.

I'd like to see Todd Bowles as DC, but don't think it's possible because it's technically not a promotion - he's an Asst. HC in Miami.

I'm expecting guys most of us have never heard of.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Gailey did a great job in some aspects...
He left a lot to be desired in others though.

He got cute when simplicity was necessary and was much too simplistic when we needed a little ingenuity.

That said, NO coach is perfect.
So I can live with Gailey if he stays on with the team.

I guess I'll have this conversation with you, since others want to lay all the blame with someone else, yet give Gailey credit for when things went well.

I agree with everything in your post, minus the last line.

Haley will score a lot of points with me if he brings in a new OC.

Micjones
02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
OC?

Honestly, I have no clue who he may bring in, OC or DC. I just hope he starts fresh.

In all honesty, Gailey doesn't seem to fit Haley's aggressive attitude. As much as I hate to say it, Martz is more of a Haley-kind-of-guy.

I'd like to see Todd Bowles as DC, but don't think it's possible because it's technically not a promotion - he's an Asst. HC in Miami.

I'm expecting guys most of us have never heard of.

I don't want Martz. Maybe he'd settle for Al Saunders?

I'm guessing he'll bring someone along with him as his Defensive Coordinator.
Aiken or Bill Davis maybe?

Micjones
02-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I guess I'll have this conversation with you, since others want to lay all the blame with someone else, yet give Gailey credit for when things went well.

I agree with everything in your post, minus the last line.

Haley will score a lot of points with me if he brings in a new OC.

I tend to agree.
I want some new blood in here.

I really want him to make the decision.
I hope the Chiefs don't force Gailey on him.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I tend to agree.

This.

Micjones
02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Any chance that Grimm leaves Arizona for Kansas City?

crazycoffey
02-06-2009, 01:14 PM

Gailey did a piss-poor job in the 2nd half...

I personally believe we were outplayed the second halves. the opposing teams were better matched against us, gailey did a great job of exposing a weakness against better talent, the other teams did a better job of adjusting at the half and outplayed us, as our team grows and gain experience that will change.

my two cents is all....

Fat Elvis
02-06-2009, 01:16 PM
I tend to agree.

I don't think they will. This is Pioli's show. Pioli will work with Haley because he wants the same mind meld that he had with BB.

crazycoffey
02-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I tend to agree.

I gotta agree with this too, I want these two highly successful football guys, pioli/haley to put their team together their way. If it's keeping gailey or getting rid of him, than I'm ok with it.

bevis369
02-06-2009, 01:42 PM
PBJ:popcorn:

Count Alex's Losses
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
OC - Nicholas Athan
DC - Jason Whitlock

chiefscafan
02-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Ok I'm posting this again Sirius just mentioned Pendegrast how is this possible thought he couldn't leave Arizona. Anyone know more information?

HemiEd
02-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Yeah, he did seem to shoot his wad in the first half. But unlike 2007, they put up some points, and we were in a position to win most of our games (after the Thigpen O took off). But that defense.... Jesus.

I wonder how much of the second half collapse was due to Herm reigning in the arena league offense, since they were already ahead of a 20point pace.

NickAthanFan
02-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Guys, they're already signed. Haslett on D and Mike Holmgren on O.

Frankie
02-06-2009, 02:53 PM
OC - Nicholas Athan
DC - Jason Whitlock

And what would your role be?

NickAthanFan
02-06-2009, 02:55 PM

He's going to continue to extract juice from my lions.

Count Alex's Losses
02-06-2009, 02:55 PM

Well, if Nick was hired, I'd become part of the good old boy network. I imagine I'd be "offensive quality control" coach, and work my way up.

Resume: Maddens 1999-2008

keg in kc
02-06-2009, 02:56 PM
And what would your role be?Ball washer.

JASONSAUTO
02-06-2009, 03:09 PM
I wonder how much of the second half collapse was due to Herm reigning in the arena league offense, since they were already ahead of a 20point pace.

LMAO according to otw none

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 03:12 PM
LMAO according to otw none

I don't see anyone giving Herm credit for what the offense accomplished in the 1st half of games.

Typical.

When things are going good, Gailey is a fucking genius.

When things are going bad, it's Herm's fault.

Take off the tin foil hat and move the fuck on.

The Bad Guy
02-06-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm going to say:

Either Hue Jackson or Clyde Christansen (sp) as OC
Todd Bowles as DC.

chiefscafan
02-06-2009, 03:19 PM
OTW

That's the responsibility of the head coach to take that responsibility which germ never did he blamed others I'm happy he's gone we are in for better days.

chiefzilla1501
02-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Todd Bowles would be a great candidate. My concern is that he has no playcalling experience, and I think that's really crucial for a guy like Haley who is young and probably doesn't know a whole lot about running a defense.

If we're going to play the "pick the name out of a hat" game, what about a guy like Keith Butler? He's coached the Steelers' LBs for 8 years with Cowher and Tomlin, and he's called plays before (even if only on the college level). I'm surprised nobody in the NFL has taken a look at the guy (maybe there's a reason).

Or how about a more realistic connection: Bill Davis, LBs coach of Arizona. http://www.azcardinals.com/team/staff_detail.php?PRKey=161
Has a ton of experience, has worked under some fantastic coaching trees, and has coordinated defenses before.

If you want to look a little further outside the box, Dave McGinnis has always been one of the more respected coaches in the league, but for some reason has never been given an opportunity after he was ousted in Arizona.

For offensive coordinator, I'm surprised nobody's thrown the name "Maurice Carthon" out. He didn't fare so well in Cleveland as O-coordinator, but he is really well respected around the league. I think he could do okay under an offensive coach like Haley.

chiefscafan
02-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Love hue Jackson he would be an incredible coach.

ChiefsCountry
02-06-2009, 03:22 PM
OC - Maurice Carthon
DC - Bill Davis

Dang it, Zilla you beat me to it.

The Bad Guy
02-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Absolutely fucking not with Maurice Carthon. I don't want Haley to have to hold the hands of his coordinators.

Ditto with Billy Davis. His defenses in San Fran were never anything special.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Gailey and Crennel would make this a pretty good situation.

chiefzilla1501
02-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Absolutely ****ing not with Maurice Carthon. I don't want Haley to have to hold the hands of his coordinators.

I don't know much about Billy Davis. But with Carthon, he definitely wouldn't need to have his hand held. Carthon is one of the most experienced offensive coaches in the game. And he has followed Parcells like a puppy-dog almost everywhere he's been. Say what you want about Parcells, but he knows talent, and he apparently liked Carthon enough to annoint him as offensive coordinator.

I don't know the viability of getting either of these guys. Those were just left field ideas. Davis' defense in SF was a mixed bag, but then, he was only really given 2 seasons with a lackluster roster to work with. I just brought him up because he has experience with a lot of very good coaches.

The Bad Guy
02-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Carthon was a position coach with Parcells. He can't call a game to save his life. Go back and watch the Browns games from when he was there. Awful. Just awful.

chiefzilla1501
02-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Carthon was a position coach with Parcells. He can't call a game to save his life. Go back and watch the Browns games from when he was there. Awful. Just awful.

He was also offensive coordinator for Parcells in 2003 and 2004 and he did a pretty good job, especially when you consider that his QBs were Quincy Carter and his RBs were Troy Hambrick and Julius Jones.

His offenses were a wreck in Cleveland, but keep in mind that after he left, Cleveland brought in Eric Steinbach and Joe Thomas immediately afterward.

I'm not saying he's the best of options. But given that he's a Parcells disciple and has worked with Haley quite a bit, it could be a realistic possibility.

HemiEd
02-06-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't see anyone giving Herm credit for what the offense accomplished in the 1st half of games.

Typical.

When things are going good, Gailey is a ****ing genius.

When things are going bad, it's Herm's fault.

Take off the tin foil hat and move the **** on.

See, the way I see it, Herm never did anything wrong from the day he took his first breath.
So it is only fair, for me as a fan, to blame him for everything, especially since I don't or didn't like him.:D

alphaQl8r
02-06-2009, 04:24 PM
O coordinator - Mike Shanahan
D coordinator - Bill Cowher

MatriculatingHank
02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
O coordinator - Gailey
D coordinator - Crennel

Agent V
02-06-2009, 04:48 PM
ROFL

Two Super Bowl winning coaches answering to a rookie head coach.

Frankie
02-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Absolutely ****ing not with Maurice Carthon. I don't want Haley to have to hold the hands of his coordinators.

This.

Frankie
02-06-2009, 05:24 PM

This is as unfunny the 68th time posted as it was the 1st time.