PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley = Improvement from Bowe

Red Beans
02-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Just a hunch, but I think the hiring if Haley as HC and the likelyhood that Gailey sticks around may mean that Dwayne Bowe is going to have his breakout season. Thoughts?

King_Chief_Fan
02-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Just a hunch, but I think the hiring if Haley as HC and the likelyhood that Gailey sticks around may mean that Dwayne Bowe is going to have his breakout season. Thoughts?

quite possibly. one of their needs will be a qb that can play from under center and mutiple formations vs. the spread only.

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Maybe if he learns how to catch.

missinDThomas
02-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Well we know one rumor that isn't true. There is no way they are going to get Cassel. The Pats made it so they will get not 1 but 2 1st rounders. Cassel my friends is NOT worth 2, 1 I wouls say yes, but definitely not 2.

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Well we know one rumor that isn't true. There is no way they are going to get Cassel. The Pats made it so they will get not 1 but 2 1st rounders. Cassel my friends is NOT worth 2, 1 I wouls say yes, but definitely not 2.

The Pats can trade him for less compensation than 2 first round picks. The big problem is I doubt many teams want to give him $15,000,000+ in guaranteed money PLUS give up draft pick compensation. He's not worth it.

BigMeatballDave
02-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Maybe if he learns how to catch.He dropped some balls, to be sure, but he still caught 86 for 1022.

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 07:43 AM
He dropped some balls, to be sure, but he still caught 86 for 1022.

He led the NFL in drops. Some of them in critical situations and some in wide open space. Drops are a problem for Bowe that extends back to college.

BigMeatballDave
02-06-2009, 07:51 AM
He led the NFL in drops. Some of them in critical situations and some in wide open space. Drops are a problem for Bowe that extends back to college.That was Braylon edwards. Bowe was 2nd. I agree, so your point still stands.

Skip Towne
02-06-2009, 07:51 AM
This is easy. Just trade him for Santonio Holmes /n00b

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 07:52 AM
That was Braylon edwards. Bowe was 2nd. I agree, so your point still stands.

You are correct, Edwards was #1.

talastan
02-06-2009, 08:18 AM
D Bowe will still benefit from a coach who will hopefully help him concentrate better on catching and holding onto the ball. I wonder what Haley will do with Price?

Wilson8
02-06-2009, 08:22 AM
A pretty good source for stats is - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Bowe caught 55% of footballs thrown to him. Terrell Owens caught 49%. Larry Fitzgerald caught 62%. Randy Moss 55%. Wes Welker 75%.

I known this percentage also accounts for QB throws, but it really is a pretty good indicator of being able to get to throws and make the catch.

On that site, D. Bowe is ranked 61st. Mark Bradley caught 48% of balls thrown to him and is ranked 75th. For this offense to get going for Todd Haley, they need some help at WR.

Red Beans
02-06-2009, 08:42 AM
D Bowe will still benefit from a coach who will hopefully help him concentrate better on catching and holding onto the ball. I wonder what Haley will do with Price?

I think Price is a good young talent. Hopefully Scott and Todd (I'm on a first name basis with both of them!) will see this and keep him around.

Mr. Laz
02-06-2009, 09:11 AM
if history holds he will want Bowe to lose some weight to improve his quickness.

KCChiefsFan88
02-06-2009, 09:16 AM
The whole WR position is going to get upgraded big time this offseason IMO. Haley and Pioli have both come from teams with great WR's and know the importance of having multiple playmakers at the position.

missinDThomas
02-06-2009, 09:17 AM
I think it will help Franklin and Bradley more than Bowe. With some work Franklin COULD be a sick slot guy.

Micjones
02-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Bowe has some dirty work to do this off-season.
Guidance is great, but he has to have the "want to" to become an elite Wide Receiver.

I suspect that he will put in the time though...

BigChiefFan
02-06-2009, 09:34 AM
If he'd train like Torry Holt does/did, he could become elite. Right now he's living off of natural ability. Here's your clue, Dwayne, Juggs machine and stay after practice and work with your QB.

PhillyChiefFan
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Will we be calling Dwayne Bowe Haley's Comet by the end of next season? Next on SportsCenter...

Great Expectations
02-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Bowe would compare more favorably in talent to Boldin. Neither is a speed guy, but both are big and very good after the catch. Look for Bowe to be targeted more in shorter routes that are designed to give him a little space to make one guy miss and get some nice yac stats.

Mr. Laz
02-06-2009, 11:06 AM
If he'd train like Torry Holt does/did, he could become elite. Right now he's living off of natural ability. Here's your clue, Dwayne, Juggs machine and stay after practice and work with your QB.

i think so too

Demonpenz
02-06-2009, 11:09 AM
bowe needs to work on fielding onside kicks too. terrible

beach tribe
02-06-2009, 11:10 AM

Pats can trade him for whatever. Nobody is gonna give them that. It's just like Jared. We didn't get two firsts for him.

Dicky McElephant
02-06-2009, 11:18 AM
I can't wait for all of the:

Haley will draft Crabtree at #3! threads.

PhillyChiefFan
02-06-2009, 11:21 AM

It could, in theory, go under the stupid thread.

Would you agree Mr. pestilence? :)

Thig Lyfe
02-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Forget Bowe. Haley is going to turn Devard Darling into an All-Pro!

JuicesFlowing
02-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Bowe would have had a great season last year pending his gloves being soaked in Blue Bonnet.

the Talking Can
02-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Bowe will benefit from having a coach who isn't satisfied with him coasting on his natural talent...

Bowe could be a dominant WR if he focused and paid attention to details....

Haley will chew his face off too, that should help...

stevieray
02-07-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm hoping he brings Bowe back to earth...he has a huge ego.

Deberg_1990
02-07-2009, 10:01 AM
I like how everyone looks at Bowes first two years like he was a bust.

Marvin Harrisons first three years:

64 for 836
73 for 866
59 for 776

TO's first three years:

35 for 520
60 for 936
67 for 1097

Bowe is doing just fine by comparison. If we get a franchise QB in here, his numbers will improve.

milkman
02-07-2009, 10:51 AM
The Pats can trade him for less compensation than 2 first round picks. The big problem is I doubt many teams want to give him $15,000,000+ in guaranteed money PLUS give up draft pick compensation. He's not worth it.

After reading that same stupid shit from mulitple posters, I'm beginning to think that we should just let the whole ignorant lot of them remain blissful in their own fucking ignorance.

Do these dumbfucks ever pay any fucking attention?

Danman
02-07-2009, 11:20 AM

Next one in 3. . . 2 . . . 1. . .

rocks
02-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Bowe needs to have a very intimate relationship with a Jugs machine over the off season. Not Mrs. Jugs, unless that helps then I'm fine with that also.

Saccopoo
02-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Considering that Bowe had Huard and Thigpen (who, in all honesty, struggled to throw an accurate pass beyond ten yards) throwing to him, I think Bowes 2008 numbers of 86/1022, and seven touchdowns are quite impressive.

His numbers last season are impressive for a wide receiver regardless, and I don't think you will see drastic changes in those, but one should expect an increase in his yards per catch, where a 11.9 average was indicative of the Chiefs offense last season which attempted to take advantage of the qb's skillsets, or lack thereof. I think that you are going to see highly elevated numbers from the 2 and 3 wideout positions, but I also think that the Chiefs are going to have to address those same positions quickly in either the draft or free agency. Bradley isn't the guy.

I'd love to see the Chiefs pick up someone like Austin Collie of BYU from about the third round on. Collie, who is 6'2", 210 lb., has the size, runs precise routs, has incredible hands, and is one of those guys, because of his on-field awareness, route running and feel for the ball, runs substantially faster in pads than what he will show in a 40 yard dash time. He led college football in receving yardage and tied an NCAA record in having 11 straight games with over 100 yards receiving. As only a junior, he holds nine school records. All this while sharing receving duties with Dennis Pitta - one of the best tight ends in college football.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs bring in a guy like Devery Henderson in free agency, where, with his 25 yards per catch average, would be nice in allowing the Chiefs to stretch the field a bit more than they have.

whoman69
02-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm of the opinion that even if we draft a QB next year they will not be ready from day one to be the starter. That means they not only work with Bowe, but also with Thigpen to get his footwork to the point where he can run a real offense.