PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs kcchiefs.com STILL has not updated the Haley hiring yet

SNR
02-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Worst NFL team website.... or worst NFL team website?

It sucks that Pioli can't fire all those assholes that run that pile of shit

StcChief
02-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Webmaster was probably let go.

bevis369
02-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Raiduhs

CupidStunt
02-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Who cares? Indeed a shit site, but what's the RUSH to make a formal announcement?

keg in kc
02-06-2009, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't think they'll post anything until he's under contract.

FAX
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Uh oh.

This could be a cat-ass-trophy.

FAX

DaWolf
02-06-2009, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't think they'll post anything until he's under contract.

Exactly. Until the team makes an official statement, nothing is official.

The website has actually been pretty good at getting rid of the links to coaches profiles the second the team officially announced their termination/departure. Seeing Gunther's name removed from that list was a great feeling.

That said, the website does need a lot of redesign...

Donger
02-06-2009, 09:39 AM
The Associated Press is confirming that Haley is the new HC, FWIW.

jAZ
02-06-2009, 09:40 AM
He's not the head coach yet. As far as I can tell, they've only agreed that they each WANT to work with the other. It's a rather reasonable formality. That's not to say that our website doesn't suck. Just saying.

Donger
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090206/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_chiefs_haley

K.C. Chiefs hire Cardinals' Todd Haley as coach

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Arizona offensive coordinator Todd Haley was hired as coach of the Kansas City Chiefs on Friday after helping the Cardinals reach the Super Bowl.

The decision was confirmed to The Associated Press by a person familiar with the hiring. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the announcement was pending.

Haley takes over a team that went a franchise-worst 2-14 under coach Herm Edwards, who was fired Jan. 23. Edwards lost all but two of his last 25 games and launched a rebuilding project that made the Chiefs the league's youngest team this season.

The Chiefs haven't won a postseason game since an aging Joe Montana was their quarterback in the 1993 season.

Haley, who turns 42 this month, helped shape an offense that carried the Cardinals to an improbable NFC West title and nearly a Super Bowl victory over Pittsburgh.

He did not start calling plays until late in the 2007 season. But this season an Arizona offense led by quarterback Kurt Warner set a franchise record with 427 points, finished third in scoring in the NFL and was second in yards passing.

Leading to the Super Bowl, Haley repeatedly was questioned about Kansas City and when he was expected to join new general manager Scott Pioli at Arrowhead Stadium. Haley and Pioli worked together at the New York Jets, where Haley's father, Dick, was personnel director. It isn't known what other candidates Pioli interviewed.

Rooster
02-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Uh oh.

This could be a cat-ass-trophy.

FAX

Chiefs Pantalones
02-06-2009, 09:49 AM
That's because Shanahan is the new head coach, according to WPI.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-06-2009, 09:49 AM
there has been no formal announcement yet. until then, as far as the public is concerned, he is not the coach.

Sandyskc
02-06-2009, 09:58 AM
His agent has announced it and a press conference is expected later today.

http://www.kmbc.com/sports/18653759/detail.html
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs' search for a new head coach is over.

Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley, 42, has been offered the job and he has accepted the position. That information comes from Haley's agent, Jerome Stanley.

A news conference is expected later today.

Gdaddy
02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
GREAT QUOTE FROM PETER KING
"I know this: If I'm the rest of the AFC West, and I see Scott Pioli and the son of Dick Haley with $45 million in salary cap room, and with the third and 34th picks in the April draft, I'm getting a little nervous".

love it!!

Jerm
02-06-2009, 10:25 AM
GREAT QUOTE FROM PETER KING
"I know this: If I'm the rest of the AFC West, and I see Scott Pioli and the son of Dick Haley with $45 million in salary cap room, and with the third and 34th picks in the April draft, I'm getting a little nervous".

love it!!

Wow, an actual competent and brilliant quote from Peter King for once.

Sandyskc
02-06-2009, 10:38 AM
A news conference is now scheduled for 1:00 pm today.

It is already on the Cardinals site

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2894

The Cardinals are looking for a new offensive coordinator.

A source familiar with the situation confirmed Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley has accepted the Kansas City Chiefs’ offer to become their head coach, something Foxsports.com first reported. An official announcement is expected sometime Friday, although the Chiefs had not yet done so Friday morning.

The move is one of the worst-kept secrets in the NFL, despite little information coming from the Chiefs during their coaching search. Kansas City reportedly interviewed a minority candidate in order to comply with the NFL’s Rooney Rule, but Haley was regarded as the top candidate almost from the moment Herman Edwards was fired a couple of weeks ago.

Haley had repeatedly said he was happy with the Cardinals and the team did give him a raise to about $1 million after the 2007 season so he wouldn’t interview for Miami’s vacant head coaching job.

But at that time, Haley acknowledged head coaching was something he was interested in doing.

“When this is your life, you don’t necessarily start out to be a head coach but as you go along the road and it starts to come into a possibility of something you could attain, it is something you start to think about,” Haley said then. “It comes up, you think about it and you get excited. ‘Can I do it?’ And I think I can be a good head coach.”

Haley took over play-calling duties from head coach Ken Whisenhunt full time this season. The Cards set a franchise record with 427 points and were fourth in the NFL in yards per game.

The move does have obvious ripple effects on the Cards. First the team must get a new offensive coordinator. In-house candidates include assistant head coach/offensive line coach Russ Grimm and running backs coach Maurice Carthon, who served as an offensive coordinator in Cleveland.

Technically, Haley can’t take any Cardinals’ assistants with him without Arizona’s because they are all under contract. One possibility is offensive quality control coach Dedric Ward, who is close to Haley. Whisenhunt, however, has repeatedly stressed continuity on the coaching staff.

SNR
02-06-2009, 11:17 AM
A press conference has been scheduled by the team and the news is STILL not up?

How much more "official" do you have to get for fuck's sake?

KCChiefsFan88
02-06-2009, 11:18 AM
The Chiefs need to overhaul their website and web operation. Seriously this is a joke.

Brock
02-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Pioli will probably just turn off the website altogether.

CupidStunt
02-06-2009, 11:24 AM
The Chiefs need to understand how important the internet is in today's NFL and everyday life. They act as if radio or hearsay still carries more weight.

Bowser
02-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Rufus Dawes is standing over the server with a butterknife, refusing to let anyone make changes.

Donger
02-06-2009, 11:29 AM
You must learn patience. Spend eighteen hours every day under the lash of a Romulan guard's whip and you'll soon understand patience.

ChiefsCountry
02-06-2009, 11:36 AM
They can't update it until the team offically announces it. Thats team and league policy. Sorry if you guys cant wait.

CupidStunt
02-06-2009, 11:44 AM
They can't update it until the team offically announces it.

They can update it WITH an announcement. All it would take is a nod from Clark.

"Chiefs announce hiring of Todd Haley as 11th HC in Chiefs history, CEO Clark Hunt announced Friday. ..." (etc.)

DaFace
02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
They can't update it until the team offically announces it. Thats team and league policy. Sorry if you guys cant wait.

Pioli magically appeared on the team's executives list about 2 hours after the news broke and at least an hour before they posted a news article on the team's web site.

KCChiefsFan88
02-06-2009, 11:52 AM

That rule doesn't apply to the league's official website also?

Because the story is on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80e9b58a&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Donger
02-06-2009, 11:53 AM
That rule doesn't apply to the league's official website also?

Because the story is on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80e9b58a&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the announcement was pending.

DaWolf
02-06-2009, 12:08 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/02/06/todd_haley_named_kansas_city_chiefs_head_coach/

Since it was posted at exactly 1:00, I'm gonna say these guys were under explicit instructions not to update anything until the press conference starts...