PDA

View Full Version : Football Albert Haynesworth

Mr. Laz
02-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Tennessee report just said that Haynesworth "went on record as saying he doesn't want to be one of the top paid defenders in the league, he wants to be THE highest paid defensive player in the league"

reporter said that would be 30-35 million up front in guaranteed money along with a solid base yearly salary.

ouchie

Soupnazi
02-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Hilarious.

CupidStunt
02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
No surprise, absolute punk. Exact opposite of a Pioli player.

blueballs
02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
He's not above stomping some heads

blueballs
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
cough
Rodney Harrison
cough

jAZ
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
If only we had drafted him instead of Sims, we could be letting his big contract go elsehwere rather than hoping for shot at him.

Ugh.

talastan
02-06-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm glad I don't have to worry about Pioli trying to bring him in. As for FA I'm hoping we might be taking a look and the Cards MLB. I think he'd flourish here IMO.

BigChiefFan
02-06-2009, 12:36 PM
On a 7 year contract, that's only an average of $4.5-$5 million per year, plus whatever the base salary would be-that's not absurd, IMO. Haynesworth is absolutely worth that kind of money.

The Bad Guy
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
No how, no way I give him that.

The guy performed when he was getting ready for a payday.

DT is not our issue.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
No how, no way I give him that.

The guy performed when he was getting ready for a payday.

DT is not our issue.

THIS.

The Bad Guy
02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
On a 7 year contract, that's only an average of $4.5-$5 million per year, plus whatever the base salary would be-that's not absurd, IMO. Haynesworth is absolutely worth that kind of money.

Guaranteed money.

Not contract money.

You are basically talking about a 7 year, 75 million dollar deal for him.

No fucking way he's worth that.

JASONSAUTO
02-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Guaranteed money.

Not contract money.

for sure

Iowanian
02-06-2009, 12:40 PM
In negotiations, they should hold him down and have the Gurode spike him in the fivehead.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Guaranteed money.

Not contract money.

Exactly.

This is really a pointless conversation, since Clark and Scott have come out and said they aren't going to be targeting Tier 1 FA's.

However, for sake of conversation:

If you're going to spend a ton of money on a FA, Peppers would be the way to go.

First, he fits a need.

Second, I don't see him being the type to get paid, then be content and half-ass it.

Haynesworth is far from a need, and absolutely seems like the type to get paid and then mail it in.

Hell, for that kind of money, Pioli could fix the entire defense, instead of giving all that money to one player.

BigChiefFan
02-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Guaranteed money.

Not contract money.

No ****ing way he's worth that. I agree, the problem is the guaranteed money. Essentially, he would be untradeable because of the cap hit, but I don't believe those numbers are out of line for a player of his caliber.

I also know, a team could give less in guaranteed money and more in terms overall money as an alternative, if they really we're interested-I don't think we'll be that team. Just pointing out-the bonus money on a 7 year deal isn't outrageous like some seem to think.

sedated
02-06-2009, 12:50 PM
If you're going to spend a ton of money on a FA, Peppers would be the way to go.

First, he fits a need.

Second, I don't see him being the type to get paid, then be content and half-ass it.

I've heard other players say that Peppers gave minimal effort during key moments of the Panthers loss to the Cardinals.

TEX
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Exactly.

This is really a pointless conversation, since Clark and Scott have come out and said they aren't going to be targeting Tier 1 FA's.

However, for sake of conversation:

First, he fits a need.

Haynesworth is far from a need, and absolutely seems like the type to get paid and then mail it in.

Hell, for that kind of money, Pioli could fix the entire defense, instead of giving all that money to one player.

This.

sedated
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
If I was going to spend major cash on a FA DE, I'd get a guy like Jared Allen

Iowanian
02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
I'll bet it will be more likely to see the Chiefs go after a player that say, the new HC is familiar with, like Carlos Dansberry.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I've heard other players say that Peppers gave minimal effort during key moments of the Panthers loss to the Cardinals.

Link?

JASONSAUTO
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I'll bet it will be more likely to see the Chiefs go after a player that say, the new HC is familiar with, like Carlos Dansberry.

dansberry???? is that karlos dansby and bertrand berry's child?

Der Flöprer
02-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Anyone who gives Haynesworth that kind of scratch is an idiot. The guy can't even control himself enough to not stomp on someone's face with his cleat. Forget it. Move on.

googlegoogle
02-06-2009, 01:08 PM
ban bonuses and guaranteed contracts.

Iowanian
02-06-2009, 01:17 PM
dansberry???? is that karlos dansby and bertrand berry's child?

I am sofa king....

thats who I meant. thats what I get for typing and talking on the phone at the same time.

Karlos Dansby, Not bertrand berry.

sedated
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Link?

radio