PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schrager (FOX Sports) Mock Draft

orange
02-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Peter Schrager sticks both thumbs in ChiefsPlaneteers' collective eye:

A mock draft before February's NFL Scouting Combine and free agency period is a bit like shopping for Christmas gifts in August or picking the next "American Idol" before Hollywood. It's a bit too early to know for sure, but you still have a pretty good idea how things will turn out. A lot can happen between now and the last Saturday in April. A bad combine performance, a few awful interviews, a poor Wonderlic test, a run-in with the law we've seen it all before. But with the Super Bowl now done and dusted, it's time to talk draft. Here's my "probably a bit too early" mock draft 1.0.

1. Detroit: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia, Junior
A sea of Stafford haters and doubters are already surfacing. That's fine. They're wrong. The guy's got the best arm in this draft, worked in a pro-style offense, and has all the makings of a big-time NFL quarterback. Don't blame him for Georgia's down year last season. Their defense was a joke. Stafford to the Lions. Put it in ink.

2. St. Louis: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama, Junior
The heir apparent to Orlando Pace at left tackle in St. Louis, this makes sense. Smith is 6-4, 330 pounds, and is great in both pass and run protection. GM Billy Devaney and new head coach Steve Spagnuolo may be thinking defense here, but they'll go with the mauling left tackle instead.

3. Kansas City: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas, Senior
I've got the versatile Orakpo (he could either play DE or outside linebacker) going MUCH earlier than some of the other pundits out there. I've seen him pegged as low as No. 20 on some sites. But Kansas City had the absolute worst pass rush in the league last season, and combined for the least sacks for a unit since the NFL started tracking the statistic in the early '80s. Add Orakpo alongside Glenn Dorsey and Tamba Hali, and the D-Line might actually resemble a formidable unit next season. Or throw him at outside linebacker and let him run wild. He can do either. Scott Pioli took the best defensive player on the board last year Jerod Mayo and did so several spots ahead of where the mock draft "experts" thought he'd go. It worked out fairly well. He was the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year. All those "problems" at quarterback? Tyler Thigpen and Brodie Croyle are not the reasons the Chiefs stunk last year.

4. Seattle: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech, Sophomore
The Seahawks started Logan Payne and Courtney Taylor at wideout for a game last season. Branch and Engram, though still more than capable, are beyond their best years. There's no depth at the position. Larry Fitzgerald showed just how valuable a game-breaking wideout is in today's NFL. Crabtree's a perfect fit for Seattle.

5. Cleveland: Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest, Senior
Compared to everyone from Derrick Brooks to Keith Bulluck, Curry is this year's Pat Willis/Jon Beason sure-thing pick at linebacker. Does he fit well in Eric Mangini's 3-4 scheme? We'll have to see. But based on what Cleveland has at linebacker now, he's a tremendous upgrade.

6. Cincinnati: B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College, Senior
The Bengals wanted to land USC's Sedrick Ellis last year, but the Saints moved up and snagged him. Raji's no consolation prize. A beast at DT, he's the real deal and had a fantastic Senior Bowl week in Mobile. Cincinnati's D started to gel a bit toward the end of last season; throwing a run-stuffing clog in the middle will only help them in '09 and beyond.

7. Oakland: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia, Senior
Virginia's becoming an offensive lineman factory. D'Brickashaw Ferguson in '06, Brandon Albert in '07, and now the versatile Monroe in '08. The kid's a player. Don't laugh, but the Oakland offense started coming around toward the end of last year. Adding another piece Oakland's third offensive first-round pick in a row would go a long way for the future. Current starting left tackle Mario Henderson's probably not the long-term answer.

8. Jacksonville: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor, Senior
The big boy can move. Smith has what scouts are calling "great feet." Does Jessica Alba have great feet? I'm not sure what "great feet" even means, but the Jaguars sure can use some anchoring on their offensive line. A unit depleted by injuries last year, Smith could start right away for Jack Del Rio.

9. Green Bay: Everette Brown, DE, Florida State, Junior
Again, a bit higher than where others have Brown slotted. As one of the top pass rushers, and this being a definite need in Green Bay's new 3-4, it's a good fit. A physical freak out of FSU, he'll have one of those stellar Combine performances that make him everybody's hot "upside" pick.

10. San Francisco: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss, SeniorMr. "Blind Side" himself. Oher came back to school so he could play for a winning team and improve his draft stock. He played for the winning team (Ole Miss was the surprise squad of the year in the SEC), but did not necessarily bump his draft stock. That said, San Francisco surrendered the most sacks of any team in the NFL last season (granted, that's expected in Mike Martz's offense), and started three different players at right tackle. Joe Staley's solid at the LT; Oher could be a wonderful complement at the RT spot.

11. Buffalo: Aaron Maybin, OLB/DE, Penn State, Junior
Buffalo's overall D was adequate last year, but the pass rush was abysmal. In a down year for defensive ends, Maybin may be a bit of a reach at 11. But the pick makes sense. Capable of playing either outside linebacker or the pass rushing defensive end spot, he can join fellow former Penn State star Paul Posluszny in the Bills front seven.

12. Denver: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC, Senior
Erin Andrews' dancing partner would be a solid addition to the Broncos' new defensive 3-4 scheme. A high-energy guy with range and speed, Maualuga might be the first step in bringing the Broncos defense back to respectability.

13. Washington: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State, Senior
For the second time in three years, the Redskins have four picks or less in the NFL Draft. Though the Redskins seem to have a lot of big names in that defensive backfield, they've got a lot of turbulence as well. Is DeAngelo Hall coming back? Shawn Springs? Fred Smoot? LaRon Landry and Chris Horton draft picks the last two years are sure things for the future. Jenkins could be the perfect shut down corner to join them.

14. New Orleans: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois, Junior
With cornerback likely their top need, the Saints would love for Jenkins to slip to them at 14. If he's gone, as he is here, look for Davis Vernon's little brother to be the next cornerback scooped up. Gregg Williams joins Sean Payton's staff, meaning the Saints defense may actually resemble an NFL unit next season.

15. Houston: Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss, Senior
It's a shame. For all the first-round selections on the Texans defensive line, it's still the team's weakest area. NT Travis Johnson hasn't played like a first rounder and Amobi Okoye battled nagging injuries last year. If Jerry's on the board, and I think he will be at 15, look for Houston to plug him in that rotation of young DLs.

16. San Diego: Brian Cushing, OLB, USC, Senior
Talk about Tom Brady's injury all you want; losing Shawne "roidman" Merriman seemed to hurt the Chargers defense last year a lot more than losing Brady hurt the Patriots' O. The Chargers went from 5th overall in the league in defense in 2007 to 16th in 2008. Sacks? They slipped from 5th to 22nd. Their run and pass D rankings plummeted as well. Cushing's going to be a solid pro and will make for a nice addition to the linebacking corps.

17. New York Jets: D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt, Senior
Jeremy Maclin and Percy Harvin are tempting picks here and if Mark Sanchez is still on the board at 17, Jets fans will be going nuts at Radio City, but Rex Ryan's D needs another corner to pair with Mr. Revis. Maybe the best cover corner in this entire draft class, Moore also played several downs on offense for the Commodores during his time in Nashville. Dynamic, versatile, and downright nasty this would be a steal for the Jets.

18. Chicago: Larry English, DE/OLB, Northern Illinois, Senior
Who?! Breathe easy, Bears fans, this kid can play. For the first time in years, it seemed as though the Bears offense carried the Bears defense in 2008. English is young, capable of playing either the rush DE or the OLB, and a good fit for Lovie Smith's D.

19. Tampa Bay: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC, Senior
I know, I know. Sanchez is going as high as No. 3 to Kansas City on some other mock drafts. And yes, it seems absurd that he'd slip all the way to 19. But I'm not crazy about him as an NFL quarterback, and I'm not so certain NFL draft experts are either. Tampa Bay's QB spot is a mystery, and they did draft Josh Johnson a year ago. At 19, this is a risk worth taking. As for the other mock drafts, remember most had Aaron Rodgers going second overall in 2005 and Brady Quinn going as high as first.

20. Detroit: James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State, Senior
Jim Schwartz had the pleasure of coaching Keith Bulluck for years in Tennessee. Now, that's a lot for Laurinaitis to live up to, but he has the goods to be a solid NFL linebacker.

21. Philadelphia: Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State, Junior
Wells has top-10 talent, but there are durability issues. All those fourth-and-1's that Andy Reid's Eagles came up short on last season? Wells gets those first downs. With two first-round picks, the Eagles have the luxury of taking a running back not particularly a position of need with this selection.

22. Minnesota: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri, Junior
The quarterback position remains an area of need, but there will be no first-round talent sitting around at 22 (I'm not convinced on Josh Freeman). Maclin is a game-breaker who can add an extra element to an improving Vikings offense. He can also offer substantial return abilities on special teams.

23. New England: Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest, Senior
The Patriots allowed the second most passing touchdowns in the league last season, and featured a less than blue-chip rotation at cornerback. Smith is solid. Though only 5-9, his on-the-ball cover skills and quickness are first-round quality.

24. Atlanta: Tyson Jackson, DE/DT, LSU, Senior
The Falcons D was solid last season, but could still use some additional young pieces. Jackson has a bit of upside and was a team leader the past two seasons at LSU. Probably capable of playing either the DE or DT spots in that Falcons 4-3, the 6-4, 300 pounder would be a nice pickup at 24.

25. Miami: Clay Matthews, LB, USC, Senior
Three USC linebackers taken in the first round? Yes, sir. Joey Porter isn't getting any younger and Bill Parcells likes to build his team with defensive rocks leading the way. This may be a bit high for Matthews I've read elsewhere that he's a late second/early third round pick but with good lineage (father is Clay Matthews; uncle is Bruce), don't be shocked if he's scooped up at 25.

26. Baltimore: Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia, Senior
Yet another first-round pick out of Virginia. With Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, and Terrell Suggs' futures up in the air, look for the Ravens to grab the best linebacker available. Sintim's got a bright future ahead of him.

27. Indianapolis: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia, Junior
Yes, they took Joseph Addai in the first round three years ago. And sure, they love what Mike Hart gave them when healthy last season. But if Moreno's still on the board at 27, he'll be hard to pass up. One of the best open field runners you'll ever see, Moreno's motor never stops. He could go top 10 ... or he could slip to the late 20s.

28. Philadelphia: Eben Britton, OT, Arizona, Junior
Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan had fantastic 2008 seasons, but neither are getting any younger. Though there's a stable of young offensive linemen already in play in Philly who can eventually replace the two 30-somethings, the 6-6 Britton is an All-Pac-10 performer who can be a future anchor of the Eagles offensive line.

29. New York Giants: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech, Senior
Wide receiver is a top concern for the Giants, but without a clear idea on how the Plaxico situation will turn out, or whether or not Amani Toomer will be back it's hard to simply assume they'll take a wideout in the first round. New York has been known to take the best defensive athletes available in recent years, and Johnson is a workhorse at defensive end.

30. Tennessee: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida, JuniorHarvin's another guy who could go anywhere from top 15 to the second round. And although the Titans continue to pass on taking receivers with first-round picks, they may be willing to switch it up for a chance to take the Florida speedster. Put him and Chris Johnson on the same offense and you are two short of an elite Olympic relay team.

31. Arizona: LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh, Junior
The Cardinals proved a lot of critics wrong on Sunday night. They showed that both a) they belong among the NFLʼs elite, and b) Clancy Pendergrastʼs riverboat gambler defense can hold its own. Arizonaʼs defense is young, fiery and deep. With the leagueʼs worst-ranked rushing offense in 2008, look for ʽZona to add depth to the running back spot with McCoy.

32. Pittsburgh: William Beatty, OT, UConn, Senior
Yes, Big Ben gave a nice shout out to the offensive line from the podium on Sunday night. And sure, they did the job. But thereʼs still room for improvement on an offensive line that gave up the fourth most sacks in the league last season. Beattyʼs a beast who opened up a lot of holes for Donald Brown, the NCAAʼs leading rusher, a year ago.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 11:50 AM
So, he's admitting that he's reaching for need.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Now that Haley has been hired as coach, there's no way the Chiefs pass on a QB with the third pick.

googlegoogle
02-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Now that Haley has been hired as coach, there's no way the Chiefs pass on a QB with the third pick.

huh:spock:

Pioli's track record!

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 12:11 PM
huh:spock:

Pioli's track record!

The Chiefs are NOT the Patriots.

Tom Brady was a once in a lifetime 6th round selection. If the 2000 draft were to be held again today, he'd go number one overall.

If you want to keep Pioli's record in perspective, think Franchise QB.

Not round selected.

orange
02-06-2009, 12:13 PM

They're not the Cardinals, either.

They ARE the team with the worst pass rush in NFL history, though.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 12:15 PM

So?

There are no game changing, super-stud, defensive ends in this draft. There are Julius Peppers, let alone a Mario Williams.

VALUE, not position.

Sam Hall
I don't see Todd Haley putting up with Tyler Thigpen after he saw what Kurt Warner did.

DaneMcCloud
I don't see Todd Haley putting up with Tyler Thigpen after he saw what Kurt Warner did.

Exactly.

orange
02-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Did Haley/Cardinals draft Kurt Warner? Or did they acquire him some other way? Haley also didn't put up with Matt Leinart, speaking of young hot-shots.

orange
02-06-2009, 12:21 PM
VALUE, not position.

It's quite clear Schrager doesn't see Sanchez as having any VALUE.

Neither did anyone on ChiefsPlanet until he became the #2 QB by default. I'll bring back some of those older quotes from before Bradford stayed in school if you insist.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Did Haley/Cardinals draft Kurt Warner? Or did they acquire him some other way? Haley also didn't put up with Matt Leinart, speaking of young hot-shots.

Are we really going to rehash this again? Really?

Why don't you do some research before posting, okay?

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Neither did anyone on ChiefsPlanet until he became the #2 QB by default. I'll bring back some of those older quotes from before Bradford stayed in school if you insist.

Who gives a fuck what this dickbag from Fox Sports has to say?

orange
02-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Who gives a **** what this dickbag from Fox Sports has to say?

This IS the Peter Schrager (FOX Sports) Mock Draft thread, after all. That IS what we're talking about.

As for "who gives a ****," apparently YOU do since you opened this thread, read his article, and have posted multiple responses about it. LMAO

ChiefsCountry
02-06-2009, 12:57 PM
You would think a Denver fan would understand the importance of the QB position.

orange
02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
You would think a Denver fan would understand the importance of the QB position.

I understand it quite well. Unfortunately, I don't think the Chiefs are going to be in a position to draft one that's worth a high first round pick (Stafford will be gone).

That doesn't mean they won't find one somewhere else. Cutler was the eleventh pick, after all. Some people here seem to think only a QB drafted in the top three has any chance and are willing to grab WHOEVER'S there just because he's a QB.

I also find amusing folks who insist that because of Pioli and now Haley, the Chiefs will certainly draft a QB at 3. Based on what? Both Pioli and Haley have track records of making do without top-three QBs, and Haley in a decade has never drafted a QB in the first round. That doesn't mean he won't, but extrapolating that he will because he knows how important QB is seems like a reach - almost as much a reach as Sanchez at #3.

MIAdragon
02-06-2009, 05:44 PM

Thanks for these great tidbits!!!

Saul Good
02-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I also find amusing folks who insist that because of Pioli and now Haley, the Chiefs will certainly draft a QB at 3. Based on what? Both Pioli and Haley have track records of making do without top-three QBs, and Haley in a decade has never drafted a QB in the first round.

I guess that, based on his history, you expect to see Haley scouring the grocery stores to find Hall of Fame Quarterbacks stocking shelves?

orange
02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
I guess that, based on his history, you expect to see Haley scouring the grocery stores to find Hall of Fame Quarterbacks stocking shelves?

No, but I do see him drafting a DL, though, based on his history. He's done it three times, including his earliest pick (#6, Richard Seymour) and they've all been good picks, good players for his team.

Speaking of that Richard Seymour pick, QB Michael Vick was the first pick that year; the second QB taken was Drew Brees (you know: - Brees has been selected to the Pro Bowl three times in his career - with the Chargers in 2004 and the Saints in both 2006 and 2008. He was named the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year in 2004 and the Offensive Player of the Year in 2008. - THAT Drew Brees). He was taken in THE SECOND ROUND.

"But there are no premier pass rushers in this year's draft." - In his senior year, Richard Seymour had 1.5 sacks. That's one point five - the decimal is in the right place.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM

Yea use a bunch of retarded posts to support your argument lets see it...you won't pull any of them with my name on it because I never once thought Sam Bradford was a better prospect than either guy in this years draft..

Spread monkeys don't do it for me.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
No, but I do see him drafting a DL, though, based on his history. He's done it three times, including his earliest pick (#6, Richard Seymour) and they've all been good picks, good players for his team.

Speaking of that Richard Seymour pick, QB Michael Vick was the first pick that year; the second QB taken was Drew Brees (you know: - Brees has been selected to the Pro Bowl three times in his career - with the Chargers in 2004 and the Saints in both 2006 and 2008. He was named the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year in 2004 and the Offensive Player of the Year in 2008. - THAT Drew Brees). He was taken in THE SECOND ROUND.

"But there are no premier pass rushers in this year's draft." - In his senior year, Richard Seymour had 1.5 sacks. That's one point five - the decimal is in the right place.

Richard Seymour played defensive fucking tackle, putting up his sack stats is a really stupid thing to do.

orange
02-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Yea use a bunch of retarded posts to support your argument lets see it...you won't pull any of them with my name on it because I never once thought Sam Bradford was a better prospect than either guy in this years draft..
Spread monkeys don't do it for me.

Want to bet?

orange
02-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Richard Seymour played defensive ****ing tackle, putting up his sack stats is a really stupid thing to do.

B.J. Raji

Besides, the point is not what they did, but what Pioli/Haley project them to do.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Want to bet?

If you find one post where I said Sam Bradford was a better prospect than Matt Stafford I'd love to see it..

I purposely went out of my way to not talk about Sanchez because I didn't feel he would come out so I thought it would be pointless but I never once said anything nice about Sam Bradford..

orange
02-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Want to bet?

I'm waiting.....

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:36 PM
You can find alot of posts where I called Sam Bradford skinny and said he had a weak arm...

But hey be my guest try to prove some ridiculous point.

orange
02-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Are you going to bet or not? You'll look good with a Broncos avatar.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Want to bet?

Mecca never ONCE pimped Bradford.

Anyone with a brain realizes that he's a skinny kid playing against shitty Big 12 defense in the spread. AND he's never under pressure.

How'd that spread do in the National Championship game, BTW?

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Ha no I'm not betting because you can probably find an out of text post due to the way I post but anyone here can attest I've never been a Sam Bradford supporter.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 06:40 PM
I understand it quite well. Unfortunately, I don't think the Chiefs are going to be in a position to draft one that's worth a high first round pick (Stafford will be gone).

That doesn't mean they won't find one somewhere else. Cutler was the eleventh pick, after all. Some people here seem to think only a QB drafted in the top three has any chance and are willing to grab WHOEVER'S there just because he's a QB.

I also find amusing folks who insist that because of Pioli and now Haley, the Chiefs will certainly draft a QB at 3. Based on what? Both Pioli and Haley have track records of making do without top-three QBs, and Haley in a decade has never drafted a QB in the first round. That doesn't mean he won't, but extrapolating that he will because he knows how important QB is seems like a reach - almost as much a reach as Sanchez at #3.

You're kind of a dipshit, aren't you?

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:42 PM

Well he's a Bronco fan I believe so what do you expect?

orange
02-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Let me make it clear to you. Sanchez is a big reach at #3. No less an authority than this guy says so:

Johnson? Who's this Johnson QB?

But sadly no I don't see another QB being worth a top 5 pick, honestly there's a giant gap between Stafford and the next bunch and that's provided juniors declare.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5234040&postcount=208

orange
02-06-2009, 06:53 PM

No, to my mind a "dipshit" would be someone who calls people names over something as stupid and trivial as a disagreement about a football prospect - someone like YOU, for example.

orange
02-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Ha no I'm not betting because you can probably find an out of text post due to the way I post but anyone here can attest I've never been a Sam Bradford supporter.

Very wise - especially for someone who posts as much as you. :clap:

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:57 PM
And like I said I considered Sanchez a virtual lock to not enter the draft so I never really accounted for him entering.

orange
02-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Well he's a Bronco fan I believe so what do you expect?

The "Bronco fan" part is an accident of birth. I'm sure if I had been born in Kansas City, I'd be a C.... well, I'd have probably killed myself by now.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 08:55 PM
The "Bronco fan" part is an accident of birth. I'm sure if I had been born in Kansas City, I'd be a C.... well, I'd have probably killed myself by now.

What's stopping you now?

Ultra Peanut
02-06-2009, 09:17 PM
This feels literally months out of date, throughout the mock.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 09:31 PM
This feels literally months out of date, throughout the mock.

Absolutely, hence post #13

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5464434&postcount=13

Ebolapox
02-06-2009, 09:36 PM
god. is the dipshittery never ending?

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 10:03 PM
god. is the dipshittery never ending?

Apparently not.

And I LOVE how I'm a dipshit when I point out True Dipshits are dipshits.

Mind bottling.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Apparently not.

Mind bottling.

LMAO

Who coined that beauty? I can't remember.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 10:22 PM
LMAO

Who coined that beauty? I can't remember.

Jason Sauto

Ebolapox
02-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Apparently not.

Mind bottling.

it's almost depressing. yeah, let's draft a DE, give him 50 million guaranteed, and let's give it to a guy who was shut down by a fourth round RT. yep. that's the guy you give all that cash.

here's the problem--we already have a LDE--those aren't the guys you give tonnes of scrilla to. you give tonnes of money to RDEs... dominating ones. and there aren't any in this draft (unless michael johnson gets his act together). the difference between paul kruger and brian orapko is miniscule, and some dumbasses want us to give him fiddy million. fuck.

Ultra Peanut
02-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Jason SautoI thought his name was Jason's Auto; like, a mechanic's shop o el coche de Jason.

blaise
02-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Apparently not.

Mind bottling.

Well, in all fairness, you are pretty much a hissy fit throwing crybaby.
Shouldn't you be busy handcrafting a Valentine's Day card for Sanchez anyway?

blaise
02-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Well, in all fairness, you are pretty much a hissy fit throwing crybaby.
Shouldn't you be busy handcrafting a Valentine's Day card for Sanchez anyway?

"Asshat, asshat, dipshit, retard, (insert any amount of inane message board bombast here), etc. etc."

- Signed,
Dane

(just figured I'd save you some time there, sport)

Coogs
02-07-2009, 09:39 AM
OK, If the draft actually went down this way with Sanchez lasting until #19, wouldn't it make more sense for Detroit to go OT at #1, and then trade up a spot or 2 from #20 and take Sanchez around #18? By the draft chart value board thing, that would be a pretty wise path to follow.

DaneMcCloud
02-07-2009, 10:25 AM
I thought his name was Jason's Auto; like, a mechanic's shop o el coche de Jason.

LMAO

I'm sure it's Jason's Auto. It's funnier to me to spell it the other way.

DaneMcCloud
02-07-2009, 10:25 AM
"Asshat, asshat, dipshit, retard, (insert any amount of inane message board bombast here), etc. etc."

- Signed,
Dane

(just figured I'd save you some time there, sport)

Thanks, Weinerbreath!

Reaper16
02-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Wait, isn't the point of a mock draft to try and give an accurate prediction? This guy is placing guys where he personally thinks they should go. That's not a mock draft, its a kcbubb post.

Deberg_1990
02-07-2009, 06:37 PM

Tom Brady was a once in a lifetime 6th round selection. If the 2000 draft were to be held again today, he'd go number one overall.

If you want to keep Pioli's record in perspective, think Franchise QB.

Not round selected.

Also, when Bill and Scott took over the Pats they were not as bad as the Chiefs are currently.

They already had a known franchise QB (Bledsoe).

If anything to compare the Chiefs to, it would be the 93 Pats who were awful. Guess who Parcells selected?? A QB!! Imagine that.

unothadeal
02-08-2009, 11:37 AM
The best thing about picking 3rd is you don't have to scroll down so much to find the pick.

Saccopoo
02-08-2009, 02:15 PM
it's almost depressing. yeah, let's draft a DE, give him 50 million guaranteed, and let's give it to a guy who was shut down by a fourth round RT. yep. that's the guy you give all that cash.

here's the problem--we already have a LDE--those aren't the guys you give tonnes of scrilla to. you give tonnes of money to RDEs... dominating ones. and there aren't any in this draft (unless michael johnson gets his act together). the difference between paul kruger and brian orapko is miniscule, and some dumbasses want us to give him fiddy million. ****.

Paul Kruger is a beast, whose upside is enormous. He's got a huge frame and will likely put on another 20-30 pounds in the NFL. He's also very smart with a non-stop motor and an excellent nose for the ball and the play. He's also very fast and can play side line to side line from the end spot. Made a lot of tackles behind the line of scrimmage chasing down the play from behind.

If the two were sitting there side by side, and it was my choice, I'd pick Kruger before Orakpo.