PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thinking about getting Direct TV and NFL Sunday Ticket

jAZ
02-06-2009, 11:44 AM
I live in Tucson, and since the end of the DV era, we have had almost no Chiefs games on TV. With my son turning 2 recently and his new found ability to identify football games on TV and the Chiefs are... and seeing how exciting the next few years are likely to be with our dream of a your smart GM, owner and coach all but in place...

Seems like the Sunday Ticket might be in order.

Anyone have it? How does HD work? What about local channels? Pricing (or better year value)?

Suggestions on what to watch for, deals, gotchas?

TinyEvel
02-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I'll PM you some tips.

In the meantime, here's a little commercial break...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MmHxNJXU5fk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MmHxNJXU5fk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DJay23
02-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Usually they offer an early bird sign up. It's not much less than the regular price of $250 per year. They charge you $50 a month starting in the month you sign up (that's how it worked for me).

To get HD, you have to subscribe to the Superfan package which is an extra $50 I believe. You also get some stat tracker options, and I believe a special split screen game mix channel that shows up to the minute scoring around the league.

I personally love it. I dont' subscribe to super fan. Being a Chiefs fan in Pennsylvania, with a fiance who is a Packers fan, it is perfect for us. We get to watch both of our games every week. It is well worth the money.

You ahve to be a little patient though. In my experience, Directv has screwed up my signal a few times and I had to call so that my dish received the signal for the games. It was very frustrating. But unfortunately there is no other option.

Mars72
02-06-2009, 11:58 AM
I live in Salt Lake. We've been DTV subscribers for over 10 years. I get Sunday ticket in HD. The quality is outstanding. Customer service has been great when needed. Highly recommended.