PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli and Haley *have* to win quickly...

jAZ
02-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I've listened to 610 and 810 so far since the PC and they are both completely idiotic.

They both have spent the whole time talking about the *style* of these guys. What clothes they are wearing, the tone of voice. They are even bitching about rest of the media bitching about.

Just shut up and talk about the friggen hire! Have you been sitting on your butt for the last week failing to prepare for this day? Seriously? Someone talk about the football implications of this hire, please.

Justin

Fat Elvis
02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
I've listened to 610 and 810 so far since the PC and they are both completely idiotic.

They both have spent the whole time talking about the *style* of these guys. What clothes they are wearing, the tone of voice. They are even bitching about rest of the media bitching about.

Just shut up and talk about the friggen hire! Have you been sitting on your butt for the last week failing to prepare for this day? Seriously? Someone talk about the football implications of this hire, please.

Justin

Sounds like they just need matching socks to satisfy the KC media....

Count Zarth
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Herm had style in spades.

The point is that these guys are not about bullshit.

Iowanian
02-06-2009, 01:25 PM
*Jaz, in with mandatory football post.

jAZ
02-06-2009, 01:30 PM
810 has Pioli on now. Much better.

But if this non-sense is any indication of the way the media is going to handle themselves... if they get off to an extended slow start... they are going to ravage these guys.

They already started the bitching 30 seconds in.

:shake:

googlegoogle
02-06-2009, 01:31 PM
610 kid is just a kid. That's why i don't listen much. I don't like one guy on the mic spewing crap.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I've been listening to 810 the entire time.

They've been PRAISING Pioli and Haley for being low-key.

They are EMBRACING this change from the "magician's act" of the previous regime.

leviw
02-06-2009, 01:32 PM
810 has Pioli on now. Much better.

But if this non-sense is any indication of the way the media is going to handle themselves... if they get off to an extended slow start... they are going to ravage these guys.

They already started the bitching 30 seconds in.

:shake:

I don't think Kietzman was bitching. Just stating the similarities between Haley and Belichick in style, voice, mannerisms, etc.

KcMizzou
02-06-2009, 01:36 PM
I've been listening to 810 the entire time.

They've been PRAISING Pioli and Haley for being low-key.

They are EMBRACING this change from the "magician's act" of the previous regime.That's what I heard...

"Not a salesman in the bunch" (and that was intended as a compliment.)

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 01:37 PM
That's what I heard...

Exactly.

Sure-Oz
02-06-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm just glad i won't have to hear herm and his salesman pitch every week now

FAX
02-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Herm was one heck of an "X"s and "O"s guy though, Mr. Sure-Oz.

It wasn't his fault the Chiefs don't compete in the National Tic-Tac-Toe League.

FAX

jAZ
02-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't think Kietzman was bitching. Just stating the similarities between Haley and Belichick in style, voice, mannerisms, etc.

610 was doing the bitching. I turned them on because 810 went straight the the PC to commercials and then triva. WTF!?

Then the 610 guy was being a tool. So I switched back to 810, and all they were talking about was the SAME STUPID TOPIC! Yes, he did take the opposite opinion, but he was still wasting the airwaves talking about nothing useful meaningful. Basicly talking about the other media instead of the hire.

Since I wasn't listening the whole time to 810, they might have had other talk that I missed and I just came in at the wrong time. They finally got Pioli on and seemed to move forward.

But my sense was that these Pioli and Haley really have a short leash with media. They aren't going to get an extended opportunity to turn things around, IMO.

Hopefully it was just that 610 tool, but it was also Whitlock the other day. I don't think it's limited to 610.

jAZ
02-06-2009, 02:09 PM
That's what I heard...

Exactly.

I agree with the sentiment. I'll be giving them a long, long leash. But I was willing to have Herm back next year, so I'm obviously patient.

FAX
02-06-2009, 02:11 PM
The KC Media is being exposed. Just like everybody else, they're going to have to get used to having top tier leadership in the FO. Right now, they're behind the curve.

"Tonight at 6:00. Scott Pioli's shirt. Right for Winter? We'll have the full story."

FAX

leviw
02-06-2009, 02:16 PM
610 was doing the bitching. I turned them on because 810 went straight the the PC to commercials and then triva. WTF!?

Then the 610 guy was being a tool. So I switched back to 810, and all they were talking about was the SAME STUPID TOPIC! Yes, he did take the opposite opinion, but he was still wasting the airwaves talking about nothing useful meaningful. Basicly talking about the other media instead of the hire.

Since I wasn't listening the whole time to 810, they might have had other talk that I missed and I just came in at the wrong time. They finally got Pioli on and seemed to move forward.

But my sense was that these Pioli and Haley really have a short leash with media. They aren't going to get an extended opportunity to turn things around, IMO.

Hopefully it was just that 610 tool, but it was also Whitlock the other day. I don't think it's limited to 610.

Yeah. That's a little sensitive. It's sports talk radio, who really cares? But listening to Kietzman say over and over again, "This is a great, great day," I think it's safe to say he's going to give a long, long leash to Pioli and staff -- not to mention he's said he will do just that.

If he doesn't, oh well.

Bearcat
02-06-2009, 02:19 PM

Of course they won't, because they aren't spending all of their time stroking the media and giving them great sound bytes and so forth.

I'd compare it to my job... I work at customer sites, so at minimum I'm working for 2 project managers (customer's and mine), a couple of account managers, my boss, etc. They all want status reports, updates, etc.

Someone who is more worried about looking good, covering their ass, etc (Carl and Herm) will be loved by the project managers (media) because they can't wait for those meetings.

I, OTOH, hate those meetings, because I just want to be able to do my job for a few hours without having to tell 10 different people what I've been doing, how it went, and what I'll be doing for the next few hours. That's exactly what Pioli and Haley want, too.... they want everyone to StFU so they can do their job, and the way you'll know they're making progress is when the Chiefs win a f***ing playoff game for the first time in 15 years.

The media can whine all it wants... I'm okay with them going about their work and not telling me what they're doing 4 times a day, and hopefully everyone else can handle that.

Stewie
02-06-2009, 02:21 PM
The KC Media is being exposed. Just like everybody else, they're going to have to get used to having top tier leadership in the FO. Right now, they're behind the curve.

"Tonight at 6:00. Scott Pioli's shirt. Right for Winter? We'll have the full story."

FAX

I find it funny that other media outlets get "stories" first. Blabbering front offices (Carl) with their pets (Blob Gretz) don't serve anyone. I like the fact that the Chiefs are becoming a tight-vested front office.

"You want information?"
"Yeah, I'm in my pajamas."
"We're re-striping the parking lot."
"REALLY! WOW! A scoop, I finally got a scoop!!!!"
"We're also sourcing hot dog vendors!"
"OH OH OH,,, Are they Plumpers?!!!"
"They're in the mix."

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I was having some problems with the 810 feed for 2 weeks, so I had to listen to 610.

If it happens again, I will go without and not give two fucks about it. 610 is the True Fan of KC Sports Radio.

I hope a tornado uproots a piss-elm tree and crashes it in to their transmitter.

bishop_74
02-06-2009, 03:14 PM
There seems to be a disconnect between your post title and the actual content in the post.

FAX
02-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Given the sad state of the tropical rain forests (mother Earth's lungs), we need all the piss-elm trees we can get. Instead, maybe we can just throw some acorns in the transmitter and pretty soon a squirrel will go in there and short circuit that mother blasting the transmitter and his guts all over hell and gone knocking them off the air for days as they try to separate the squirrel parts from various diodes and capacitors and magnetic nanostructured reverse bias semiconductors and stuff.

FAX

Fish
02-06-2009, 03:30 PM
There seems to be a disconnect between your post title and the actual content in the post.

Yes.... what's up with that?

Cornstock
02-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I was having some problems with the 810 feed for 2 weeks, so I had to listen to 610.

If it happens again, I will go without and not give two ****s about it. 610 is the True Fan of KC Sports Radio.

I hope a tornado uproots a piss-elm tree and crashes it in to their transmitter.

If that happens they would still be able to transmit over the internet

dirk digler
02-06-2009, 03:51 PM

I will be the interpreter of Jaz's thread title since having experience with him in DC.

He is saying that because of all the media bitching today that there will be no honeymoon for Pioli\Haley and they will have to win fast to shut up the media.

bishop_74
02-06-2009, 04:15 PM
I will be the interpreter of Jaz's thread title since having experience with him in DC.

He is saying that because of all the media bitching today that there will be no honeymoon for Pioli\Haley and they will have to win fast to shut up the media.

Voila! Connection made! That's a big stretch. You have to know him pretty well.

Ultra Peanut
02-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I think the point was that they have to win in order to spare us from the yammering fucktards on the radio.

tmax63
02-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Like SP and Haley give two sheetz what KC's media thinks. I'm betting they pay more attention to Clark since he's signing their paychecks and not an op-ed piece.

keg in kc
02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I think the point was that they have to win in order to spare us from the yammering ****tards on the radio.Yeah.

Although at least a day like today spared us from having to listening to them talking about themselves for the entire show. Kietzman in particular's always sounded to like he believes he's what people tune in for, and the sports and the people who play them are just incidental. I can't count the number of times I've wished he'd shut up so the people he's "interviewing" can talk. Not to mention how many times I wish he'd stop talking about his golf game. And I like golf...

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 06:37 PM
I think the point was that they have to win in order to spare us from the yammering fucktards on the radio.

Word.