PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The only way that the chiefs draft Crabtree

KC kid
02-06-2009, 06:11 PM
is if the Chiefs trade TG for a first or second round pick. That would free up the third pick in the draft to get an offensive threat without neglecting other positions.

I know I know. No one will give a pick that high for TG

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 06:12 PM
No way. No how.

Haley was able to coach a 5th rounder from Michigan into a 1,000 receiver (with two OTHER 1,000 yard receivers the same season) in his second year.

The Chiefs will NOT be drafting a WR with the #3 overall pick.

KC kid
02-06-2009, 06:16 PM
No way. No how.

Haley was able to coach a 5th rounder from Michigan into a 1,000 receiver (with two OTHER 1,000 yard receivers the same season) in his second year.

The Chiefs will NOT be drafting a WR with the #3 overall pick.

Breaston probably is not very good without the two stud receivers in front of him. I do NOT think the Chiefs will get Crabtree, but I am pointing out the only way I can see them rationalizing it. They could trade away gonzo and replace him with a younger guy without neglecting our D. This is all reliant on TG getting a high pick.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Breaston probably is not very good without the two stud receivers in front of him. I do NOT think the Chiefs will get Crabtree, but I am pointing out the only way I can see them rationalizing it. They could trade away gonzo and replace him with a younger guy without neglecting our D. This is all reliant on TG getting a high pick.

in fairness Breaston was more productive in that spot than Bryant Johnson ever was and he was a 1st rounder.

But this team shouldn't be drafting Crabtree anyway anyhow he's not an elite prospect.

ArrowheadHawk
02-06-2009, 06:18 PM
...... not an elite prospect.
I thought you were a draft guru until this post. :(

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Shut the fuck up.

DeezNutz
02-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I saw TG, trade, and first rounder and blacked out.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 06:20 PM
He's not going that high anyway.

It speaks volumes about his character and willingness to compete that he's choosing not to run the 40 at the combine. Chickenshit is not a characteristic that GM's are looking for in young players.

He'll fall on a LOT of draft boards because of that decision, IMO

KC kid
02-06-2009, 06:20 PM
in fairness Breaston was more productive in that spot than Bryant Johnson ever was and he was a 1st rounder.

But this team shouldn't be drafting Crabtree anyway anyhow he's not an elite prospect.

I definitely did not see Breaston having the year he did with Arizona. He was a pretty big disappointment at Michigan. One has to wonder how much better Fitz and Boldin make Breaston or vice versa.

I do not think Crabtree is an elite WR prospect compared to calvin Johnson, but I think he is easily the most enticing offensive player in the draft this year.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:21 PM
I thought you were a draft guru until this post. :(

Guys who refuse to run the 40 because they know they are slow are not elite prospects.

Red flags are popping all around him, slow, refuses to run, spread offense, Big 12 shit defenses as comp

He's not an elite prospect, he's not Calvin Johnson period.

CanadaKC
Chiefs will NOT be drafting a WR with the #3 overall pick.

They won't be drafting Sanchez either

PhillyChiefFan
I saw TG, trade, and first rounder and blacked out.

:D
ROFL

KC kid

It speaks volumes about his character and willingness to compete that he's choosing not to run the 40 at the combine. Chickenshit is not a characteristic that GM's are looking for in young players.

What does Crabtree have to gain by running the 40? He would be an idiot to do it?

KC kid
02-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Guys who refuse to run the 40 because they know they are slow are not elite prospects.

Red flags are popping all around him, slow, refuses to run, spread offense, Big 12 shit defenses as comp

He's not an elite prospect, he's not Calvin Johnson period.

It is going to be tough to name a better prospect than Crabtree in THIS years' draft. There are no huge names in this draft

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-06-2009, 06:23 PM
What does Crabtree have to gain by running the 40? He would be an idiot to do it?

He could prove that he could actually break a 4.65, for one, and that he's not just able to run past the 4th string CB on fucking Baylor.

There are a hell of a lot more Bobby Sippios and Mike Williams's than Jerry Rices.

DeezNutz
02-06-2009, 06:24 PM

He has everything to gain.

Not doing so is kind of like refusing to take the breathalizer when the cop pulls you over. Instant fail.

keg in kc
02-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Breaston probably is not very good without the two stud receivers in front of him.What we can hope is that Will Franklin improves as much in year 2 as Breaston did. From 8 catches for 92 yards to 77 for 1006..

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:25 PM
It is going to be tough to name a better prospect than Crabtree in THIS years' draft. There are no huge names in this draft

Great, doesn't mean you should be reaching up to take him to high.

I'd rather have Darius Heyward Bey than Crabtree.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 06:25 PM

No, he wouldn't.

Scouts fully expected Aqib Talib to clock a slow time last year, and he went out, worked his ass off, and managed to turn in a really solid time for him. He showed something about his character by not backing down from a challenge.

He's going to fall either way, because as Mecca said, he's not an elite prospect. But IMO, he's going to fall farther by not running than he would by turning in a bad time.

CanadaKC
02-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Is if they can land Lobsterbush late in the fifth round

Mecca
Chiefs will NOT be drafting a WR with the #3 overall pick.

They won't be drafting Sanchez either

Yea tell me how they're gonna draft an OT :shake:

OnTheWarpath58
He could prove that he could actually break a 4.65, for one, and that he's not just able to run past the 4th string CB on fucking Baylor.

There are a hell of a lot more Bobby Sippios and Mike Williams's than Jerry Rices.

He has everything to gain.

Not doing so is kind of like refusing to take the breathalizer when the cop pulls you over. Instant fail.

Exactly.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Crabtree probably won't even be the first receiver drafted. Maclin and DHB both have more physical ability than him, anyway (not saying that DHB will go ahead of him).

With that being said, Oher, either Smith, Monroe, Stafford, Sanchez, Curry, and Jenkins are all demonstrably better prospects for their positions, and two of those happen to play the most important position in team sports.

CanadaKC
02-06-2009, 06:27 PM
I've said Curry from the beginning...the defence needs a special player...or trade down for Maleamua ..at least you USC pimps will be a little happy:D

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:27 PM
I'd rather have Malcolm Jenkins than Crabtree.

keg in kc
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
With that being said, Oher, either Smith, Monroe, Stafford, Sanchez, Curry, and Jenkins are all demonstrably better prospects for their positions, and two of those happen to play the most important position in team sports.What are you talking about, none of them are centers.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I've said Curry from the beginning...the defence needs a special player...or trade down for Maleamua ..at least you USC pimps will be a little happy:D

Taking a LB with a top 5 pick is idiotic...it hasn't happened in 9 years.

KC kid
02-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Crabtree probably won't even be the first receiver drafted. Maclin and DHB both have more physical ability than him, anyway (not saying that DHB will go ahead of him).

With that being said, Oher, either Smith, Monroe, Stafford, Sanchez, Curry, and Jenkins are all demonstrably better prospects for their positions, and two of those happen to play the most important position in team sports.

I like Crabtree a LOT more than Maclin. You can take everything you say about Crabtree and him being the product of a system and apply it to Maclin. However, on top of that, you have to pile on Maclin for already having serious injury issues. I think Crabtree has much better hands than maclin.

All this being said. This years class of WRs is much better than last year. I personally am not on board for Crabtree, but I wanted to talk myself into a way that I could feel ok about us getting Crabtree. So many people assumed it would be Crabtree since Haley has worked with so many star receivers. I only see this happening if the Chiefs manage to pick up some high draft picks somehow

KC kid
02-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Taking a LB with a top 5 pick is idiotic...it hasn't happened in 9 years.

agree about lber

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Michael Crabtree still needs to prove that he can play at NFL speed, catch balls when tightly covered, and run precise routes. He has a litany of question marks, all at the most important aspects of his position. Combine that with the fact that he's showing poor character by refusing to run when his speed is questioned, and you have someone who is giving off the appearance that they wilt in the face of adversity.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-06-2009, 06:35 PM
I like Crabtree a LOT more than Maclin. You can take everything you say about Crabtree and him being the product of a system and apply it to Maclin. However, on top of that, you have to pile on Maclin for already having serious injury issues. I think Crabtree has much better hands than maclin.

All this being said. This years class of WRs is much better than last year. I personally am not on board for Crabtree, but I wanted to talk myself into a way that I could feel ok about us getting Crabtree. So many people assumed it would be Crabtree since Haley has worked with so many star receivers. I only see this happening if the Chiefs manage to pick up some high draft picks somehow

Jeremy Maclin has elite speed and quickness. Most guys only have one or the other. Yeah, he has the same question ?s in coming from the spread, but he's also has other talents, namely the ability to be a PB-caliber return man on top of a dangerous wide receiver.

Who is Michael Crabtree going to run away from?

KC kid
02-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Michael Crabtree still needs to prove that he can play at NFL speed, catch balls when tightly covered, and run precise routes. He has a litany of question marks, all at the most important aspects of his position. Combine that with the fact that he's showing poor character by refusing to run when his speed is questioned, and you have someone who is giving off the appearance that they wilt in the face of adversity.

Calvin Johnson also said he was not going to be running the 40, but we know how that turned out. I do not see a correlation between character and running the 40. We all agree that the 40 is the most overrated aspect of the draft anyway. Boldin practically walked the 40.

Crabtree played against a much higher level of defense than maclin did. He also made bigtime plays at the end of games to win huge games for his team. Maclin was not even on the field at the end of the Kansas game. Actually, maclin was not really even Chase Daniel's go to guy. It was Chase Coffman.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 06:36 PM

Linemen, and that's about it.

Most (quality) LB's at this level can run a 4.65.

KC kid
02-06-2009, 06:37 PM

I believe Crabtree's strength is catching tough passes in traffic.

DeezNutz
02-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Jeremy Maclin has elite speed and quickness. Most guys only have one or the other. Yeah, he has the same question ?s in coming from the spread, but he's also has other talents, namely the ability to be a PB-caliber return man on top of a dangerous wide receiver.

Without a major knee injury, Maclin is a slam-dunk top 10 pick.

His hands in traffic aren't much of a question mark, IMO, and he's got a solid build for his frame.

bowener
02-06-2009, 06:39 PM

If it is fair to say it reflects chickenshitedness, then it must be fair to say that it he must also be very smart to avoid running the 40 and remove all doubt from his suitors minds.

KC kid
02-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Maclin has already had a major knee injury

DeezNutz
Is there an echo in here?

Hello!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
Calvin Johnson also said he was not going to be running the 40, but we know how that turned out. I do not see a correlation between character and running the 40. We all agree that the 40 is the most overrated aspect of the draft anyway. Boldin practically walked the 40.

Crabtree played against a much higher level of defense than maclin did. He also made bigtime plays at the end of games to win huge games for his team. Maclin was not even on the field at the end of the Kansas game. Actually, maclin was not really even Chase Daniel's go to guy. It was Chase Coffman.

Boldin ran a shitty 40 because he was hurt.
Fitzgerald ran past Polamalu who clocked a hellacious 40. He's not nearly as slow as people think.

Calvin Johnson didn't need to run a 40 because there were no ?s about his speed. He ran it because people thought he was out of shape, and he basically said "Oh, yeah? I'm ripping your head off and throwing it at your body...FUCK YOU!!" and went out and clocked a 4.3.

In case you forgot why Maclin wasn't on the field, it's because he damn near broke his fucking back making a catch on Mizzou's last touchdown drive while Chase Coffman ran two worthwhile patterns all day.

Furthermore, if you actually watched the BXII title game, you saw one player that Oklahoma was afraid of--Jeremy Maclin.

KC kid
02-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Boldin ran a shitty 40 because he was hurt.
Fitzgerald ran past Polamalu who clocked a hellacious 40. He's not nearly as slow as people think.

Calvin Johnson didn't need to run a 40 because there were no ?s about his speed. He ran it because people thought he was out of shape, and he basically said "Oh, yeah? I'm ripping your head off and throwing it at your body...**** YOU!!" and went out and clocked a 4.3.

In case you forgot why Maclin wasn't on the field, it's because he damn near broke his ****ing back making a catch on Mizzou's last touchdown drive while Chase Coffman ran two worthwhile patterns all day.

Furthermore, if you actually watched the BXII title game, you saw one player that Oklahoma was afraid of--Jeremy Maclin.

Coffman caught a lot of passes and seemed to be the go to guy more often than not. I like Crabtree more than maclin. I am also NOT saying I want Crabtree to be a Chief

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Shut the fuck up.

LMAO

Deberg_1990
02-06-2009, 06:49 PM
NO way the Chiefs select a WR at #3 if a QB is still on the board. No way.

KC kid
02-06-2009, 06:51 PM
NO way the Chiefs select a WR at #3 if a QB is still on the board. No way.

Depends who they get in free agency and trade

keg in kc
02-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Coffman caught a lot of passes and seemed to be the go to guy more often than not.That's probably more of a statement about daniel than it is about maclin. Although I wouldn't spend a top-10 pick on maclin if I was an NFL team.

As for Crabtree, I haven't heard a specific reason for why he's not running. Personally, the only reason I think it's a bad idea is that he's only got one shot now. A bad combine run could theoretically be offset by a good pro day. A bad pro day and he's fucked.

I think the funniest outcome would be if he comes out at his pro day and runs something like a 4.48.

Deberg_1990
02-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Depends who they get in free agency and trade

True.

Pioli has a big decision to make. Do they believe Stafford or Sanchez have a higher upside than Cassel?

Will one of those guys even be available when the Chiefs pick?

Reerun_KC
02-06-2009, 06:57 PM
LMAO

I am really starting to question these guys.... There is no way they actually believe this shit Dane...

They have to be posting this as a joke, no one is this stupid...

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:58 PM
This is what I'm going to say, if Michael Crabtree who has a ton of questions doesn't turn out he's Mike Williams.

If Jeremy Maclin doesn't live up to what he's suppose to he's still a slot WR return man...I wouldn't take either with a top 10 pick but just sayin.