PDA

View Full Version : If we're gonna have all this draft talk

Mecca
02-07-2009, 03:01 AM
Before you make an argument you should immediately know which positions look to be stronger or weaker next year in comparison to this class..

Like I wouldn't take a safety at all next years safety class will be sick, this years OT class is better, next year could very well have 2 top 5 DE's in it where this one has depth so what's that tell you about where to take one?

Just simply go over things like that...And the top 2 QB's this year are better prospects than any for next year even when you start really looking at underclassmen.

mylittlepony
02-07-2009, 03:17 AM
This year has a great Center class aswell.
MLB seem to be real weak next year.

Mecca
02-07-2009, 03:20 AM
I think the WR classes are close although I think Arrellious Benn might be a better overall prospect than any of the WR's this year.

DaKCMan AP
02-07-2009, 07:50 AM
next year could very well have 2 top 5 DE's in it where this one has depth so what's that tell you about where to take one?

This. I would LOVE to get either Everson Griffen or Carlos Dunlap next year.

Kyle DeLexus
02-07-2009, 06:18 PM
This. I would LOVE to get either Everson Griffen or Carlos Dunlap next year.

Agree, It will be an exciting couple of years to see the franchise take a new look.

DTLB58
02-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Before you make an argument you should immediately know which positions look to be stronger or weaker next year in comparison to this class..

Like I wouldn't take a safety at all next years safety class will be sick, this years OT class is better, next year could very well have 2 top 5 DE's in it where this one has depth so what's that tell you about where to take one?

Just simply go over things like that...And the top 2 QB's this year are better prospects than any for next year even when you start really looking at underclassmen.

But yet, Kiper says the opposite. :D

I heard him say recently that next years QB class he thought would rival the class of 83.

Everyone has an opinion is what I'm trying to say.

milkman
02-07-2009, 06:56 PM

I heard him say recently that next years QB class he thought would rival the class of 83.

Kiper is a bigger idiot than I even gave him credit for.

Sam Hall
02-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Call me a homer, but I want the Chiefs to select Ndamukong Suh in the first round next year. He has All-American potential.

Coogs
02-07-2009, 09:51 PM

Carl didn't do so well in that one. :)

We would be better off grabbing one this year, and picking up on the defenders in the draft next year.

Mecca
02-07-2009, 11:02 PM

Who are these supposed 1st round QB?

Bradford I'm sure will get picked high despite my personal dislike of him but after that who do you have, McCoy Tebow? Cmon...

KCrockaholic
02-08-2009, 11:43 AM

I have to agree with Kiper on this one. Although he is worthless, if you look at next years Senior/Junior QB class it by far beats this years class. This year there might be 2 QB's taken in the first 2 rounds. Next year we could have 4 or 5 taken by that same time period.

OnTheWarpath58
02-08-2009, 11:54 AM
I have to agree with Kiper on this one. Although he is worthless, if you look at next years Senior/Junior QB class it by far beats this years class. This year there might be 2 QB's taken in the first 2 rounds. Next year we could have 4 or 5 taken by that same time period.

Nothing like a class full of Timmy Chang's to get the True Fans excited.

Spread offense QB's rarely, if ever succeed in the NFL.

mylittlepony
02-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Who are these supposed 1st round QB?

Bradford I'm sure will get picked high despite my personal dislike of him but after that who do you have, McCoy Tebow? Cmon...

I have only seen him play 2 games (florida and TT) but Jevan Snead has looked pretty good. He has a good arm and is the traditional passer that many NFL teams look for.

Dicky McElephant
02-08-2009, 12:08 PM
I love it. The same people who argue that we shouldn't look at stats.....are the ones who want Bradford and McCoy.

Look....I'll like McCoy or Bradford more if Texas/Oklahoma switch to a pro-style offense next season....and they both throw up the same stats.

Mecca
02-08-2009, 06:38 PM
I love it. The same people who argue that we shouldn't look at stats.....are the ones who want Bradford and McCoy.

Look....I'll like McCoy or Bradford more if Texas/Oklahoma switch to a pro-style offense next season....and they both throw up the same stats.

But look at Colt McCoys completion percentage!

Colt McCoy reminds me of Alex Smith...

AustinChief
02-08-2009, 08:04 PM
But look at Colt McCoys completion percentage!

Colt McCoy reminds me of Alex Smith...

That isn't fair, McCoy at least has ADULT sized hands... just sayin...

Mecca
02-08-2009, 11:06 PM
I'd take Eric Berry before I took Sam Bradford and I mean that.

jspchief
02-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Kind of hard to predict... look at planet opinions of Oher last year, and what he is now.

Mecca
02-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Kind of hard to predict... look at planet opinions of Oher last year, and what he is now.

I still think Oher is a very very good prospect, this has been back to back years of very deep OT drafts.

Scott Wright summed him up very well, even in practices at the senior bowl he was killing guys pancaking them just destroying everyone then 2 plays in a row it was like his mind lapsed and the guy ran around him then he went right back to dominating the rest of the way.

If you can somehow figure out what the lapse is from and get him to focus he very well could end up the best OT from the draft all the talent is there. If he falls past 15 some team is getting a steal that shouldn't be there.

And I see alot of Ed Reed in Berry so it would be very hard to pass on him regardless of pick position.

cdcox
02-08-2009, 11:20 PM
If you can somehow figure out what the lapse is from and get him to focus he very well could end up the best OT from the draft all the talent is there. If he falls past 15 some team is getting a steal that shouldn't be there.

Yeah, but this kind of problem is one of the hardest to fix. He has the talent and from all accounts the desire. Dude just can't help it and it is not for lack of trying. I'm sure he's been tested, so it's not like you put him on Ritalin and all of the sudden he's going to be consistent.

Mecca
02-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah, but this kind of problem is one of the hardest to fix. He has the talent and from all accounts the desire. Dude just can't help it and it is not for lack of trying. I'm sure he's been tested, so it's not like you put him on Ritalin and all of the sudden he's going to be consistent.

I'd still feel alot more comfortable with him than say Jason Smith. The hype on that guy blows me away when you sit down and really look at what he is.

Buehler445
02-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Call me a homer, but I want the Chiefs to select Ndamukong Suh in the first round next year. He has All-American potential.

Suh is one BAMF. Is he big enough?