02-07-2009, 03:41 PM
1. Mark Sanchez, QB; USC
2. Clint Sintim, OLB; UVA
3. Kraig Urbik, OG; UW
4. Gerald McGrath, ILB; USM
5. Austin Collie, WR; BYU
6. Mortty Ivy, LB; WV
7. Alex Boone, OT; OSU

A bit of a revision of my wish list posted on the general forum.

Heavy on linebackers, but the Chiefs are in dire straights in that department and could stand a complete overhaul at that position (with the exception of DJ).

I’m thinking that the steal of the draft would be Boone, who manhandled Brian Orakpo in their bowl game against Texas. Boone got arrested a couple of days ago in a drunken, destructive rage and said it was the culmination of an addiction to alcohol that started in eighth grade. (That’s effin’ sad, actually.) Guy has second round talent and size, and might drop completely out of the draft based on this new information. Anyway, a considerable risk, but if he can get on the straight and narrow (I’m assuming a team might have to assign a baby sitter for him for awhile or even maybe indefinitely), he’d be a steal in the seventh.)

CupidStunt
02-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Boone isn't even worth the paragraph you wrote about him.

Danman
02-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Minus the Alex Boone pick that's a pretty good job. I don't think Sintim will realistically fall to us in the 2nd, but I'd jump all over that pick if it happened. Overall pretty good mock, and you got the right QB too.

Ebolapox
02-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Boone isn't even worth the paragraph you wrote about him.

yet some people want us to draft, third overall, the guy who boone dominated in the fiesta bowl. yep. makes perfect sense to me, how bout' you?

Ebolapox
02-07-2009, 05:50 PM
and...boone in the seventh round? why not. you could do much worse.

DTLB58
02-07-2009, 06:29 PM
1Mark Sanchez, QB; USC
2. Clint Sintim, OLB; UVA
3. Kraig Urbik, OG; UW
4. Gerald McGrath, ILB; USM
5. Austin Collie, WR; BYU
6. Mortty Ivy, LB; WV
7. Alex Boone, OT; OSU
A bit of a revision of my wish list posted on the general forum.

Heavy on linebackers, but the Chiefs are in dire straights in that department and could stand a complete overhaul at that position (with the exception of DJ).

I’m thinking that the steal of the draft would be Boone, who manhandled Brian Orakpo in their bowl game against Texas. Boone got arrested a couple of days ago in a drunken, destructive rage and said it was the culmination of an addiction to alcohol that started in eighth grade. (That’s effin’ sad, actually.) Guy has second round talent and size, and might drop completely out of the draft based on this new information. Anyway, a considerable risk, but if he can get on the straight and narrow (I’m assuming a team might have to assign a baby sitter for him for awhile or even maybe indefinitely), he’d be a steal in the seventh.)

Oh Dude, Mecca is gonna rip you a new one for taking more than 1 OL in one draft. ROFL

the Talking Can
02-07-2009, 06:42 PM
i'd take a flyer on a guy like Boone...depending on where his head it at...better than wasting a 7th on a 9th TE like Merritt etc...

look at nicks last year...

xbarretx
02-07-2009, 07:05 PM
we still need to solve the right side of our line.....

CupidStunt
02-08-2009, 04:21 AM
yet some people want us to draft, third overall, the guy who boone dominated in the fiesta bowl. yep. makes perfect sense to me, how bout' you?

I wouldn't touch Orakpo at No. 3 overall.

Mecca
02-08-2009, 05:00 AM
Oh Dude, Mecca is gonna rip you a new one for taking more than 1 OL in one draft. ROFL

Actually I'm not because he didn't put them in the 1st round.

chiefscafan
02-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Sorry for all the sanchez lovers out there but he isn't worth the number 3 pick maybe later but not there. I'm hoping to grab larry English in 2nd or if we trade down with the later first.

CoMoChief
02-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Sorry for all the sanchez lovers out there but he isn't worth the number 3 pick maybe later but not there. I'm hoping to grab larry English in 2nd or if we trade down with the later first.

I agree, No QB in this draft is worth the #3 overall pick.

DaneMcCloud
02-09-2009, 11:29 AM

ROFL

Pestilence
02-09-2009, 11:30 AM

And who is worth the #3 pick then?

3, 2, 1......we should trade down!

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 11:33 AM

I agree. I think he gets the early high rankings by the Mockers mostly because of being a USC QB you get the benefit of the doubts. He might be a 2nd round pick after the combine and pro days. Flame away!

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 11:36 AM
And who is worth the #3 pick then?

3, 2, 1......we should trade down!

It's early. The board will be flipped up side and twisted everyway imaginable before draft day. Somone will rise up the board then nobody even mentions right now, because they are 10th in all the mocks or something.

Pestilence
02-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I agree. I think he gets the early high rankings by the Mockers mostly because of being a USC QB you get the benefit of the doubts. He might be a 2nd round pick after the combine and pro days. Flame away!

Yeah and I can also say that all the hate about Sanchez is because he plays for USC.

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah and I can also say that all the hate about Sanchez is because he plays for USC.

I don't think so. If that's Carson Palmer I'm saying give me that guy. Of course Carson has a better arm and did more with less talent while he was there. Everything I've seen of Sanchez says average arm strength and if were playing for Colorado he wouldn't be given a 1st round grade.

Basileus777
02-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Franchise QBs can be found in the 6th round. I mean it happened once, so it's definitely a viable strategy.

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Franchise QBs can be found in the 6th round. I mean it happened once, so it's definitely a viable strategy.

I understand your point, but who says this has to be the year you take the QB. If you aren't sold on Sanchez or Stafford, then you wait until next year. You may not draft as high, but that doesn't mean an Aaron Rogers, Big Ben, or Jay Cutler won't be sitting there later in the first round. Piloi is about getting it right, not about rushing into a bad decision.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I understand your point, but who says this has to be the year you take the QB. If you aren't sold on Sanchez or Stafford, then you wait until next year. You may not draft as high, but that doesn't mean an Aaron Rogers, Big Ben, or Jay Cutler won't be sitting there later in the first round. Piloi is about getting it right, not about rushing into a bad decision.

And who says Stafford or Sanchez will be a bad decision?

They are both almost universally considered Top 5 picks, and some scouting services think Sanchez will be the better pro QB.

If Pioli doesn't think they are worth it, he'll pass.

But waiting until next year is even a bigger gamble, IMO, because almost every QB in the class of 2010 comes from a spread offense - and there are 2 guys in the history of the league that came from spread offenses in college and were successful. The odds are against getting a franchise QB in 2010.

Yet the odds are outstanding that we can get that guy in 2009, and people are against it.

I don't understand the thought process.

Saccopoo
02-09-2009, 01:42 PM

Problem with this draft is that the Chiefs are selecting at #3 and it’s a two + one quarterback selection in this draft, with Stafford and Sanchez being heads and shoulders above everyone else in terms of what the pros and pundits like about a guys ability to play in the NFL. (Freeman being the +1, and everyone else is a very distant fourth.) The Chiefs need a quarterback in the worst way possible, and there is no one else out there besides the available offensive tackles that presents a better choice value wise for the Chiefs at the three spot. (And since they picked up Brandon Albert in the first in last years draft, the OT position isn’t one of immediate need – a RT can be had later in the draft.) Barring a St. Louis pick at QB, the Chiefs should have the opportunity to pick one of the two “franchise” quarterbacks in this draft – something that they haven’t been able to do since ’83 theoretically. And there will always be someone who steps out of the later rounds and plays. Problem is, you just never know who that is going to be. Who is going to mature and grow and eventually end up a starting NFL quarterback? I’m not saying that Stafford and Sanchez are going to be All-Pro, but they are recognized as having more potential than any other QB in this draft, and, at least to me, more than any QB in next years draft as well. You’ve got to take your shots when you get them, and having the chance to draft a “potential” franchise QB doesn’t come around very often. Chiefs need to do this now, not later when they might not have the opportunity to do so. Chiefs need to make sure they get their Chad Pennington rather than hoping that someone in the 6/7 rounds ends up a Tom Brady instead of a Todd Husak.

2000:
1. Chad Pennington
2. N/A
3. Giovanni Carmazzi, Chris Redmond
4. N/A
5. Tee Martin
6. Marc Bulger, Spergon Wynn, Tom Brady, Todd Husak
7. Tim Rattay, Jarious Jackson, Joe Hamilton

2001:
1. Michael Vick
2. Drew Brees, Quincy Carter, Marques Tuiaosopo
3. N/A
4. Chris Weinke, Sage Rosenfels, Jesse Palmer
5. Mike McMahon, AJ Feely
6. Josh Booty, Josh Heupel
7. N/A

2002:
1. David Carr, Joey Harrington, Pat Ramsey
2. N/A
3. Josh McCown
4. Rohan Davey
5. Randy Fasani, Kurt Kittner, Brandon Doman, Craig Nall
6. JT O’Sullivan
7. Seth Burford, Jeff Kelly, Wes Pate

2003:
1. Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman
2. N/A
3. Dave Ragone, Chris Simms
4. Seneca Wallace
5. Brian St. Pierre
6. Drew Henson, Brooks Bollinger, Kliff Kingsbury
7. Gibran Hamdan, Ken Dorsey

2004:
1. Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, JP Losman
2. N/A
3. Matt Schaub
4. N/A
5. Craig Kenzel
6. Andy Hall, Josh Harris, Jim Sorgi, Jeff Smoker
7. John Navarre, Cody Pickett, Casey Bramlet, Matt Mauck, BJ Symons, Brad Van Pelt

2005:
1. Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Jason Campbell
2. N/A
3. Charlie Frye, Andrew Walter, David Greene
4. Kyle Orton, Stefan LeFors
5. Dan Orlovsky, Adrian McPherson
6. Derek Anderson
7. Matt Cassel

2006:
1. Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Jay Cutler
2. Kellen Clemons, Tarvaris Jackson
3. Charlie Whitehurst, Brodie Croyle
4. N/A
5. Ingle Martin, Omar Jacobs
6. Bruce Gradkowski
7. DJ Shockley

2007:
1. JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn
2. Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Drew Stanton
3. Trent Edwards
4. N/A
5. Jeff Rowe, Troy Smith
6. Jordan Palmer
7. Tyler Thigpen

2008:
1. Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco
2. Brian Brohm
3. Kevin O’Connell
4. N/A
5. John Booty, Dennis Dixon, Josh Johnson, Erik Ainge
6. Colt Brennan, Andre Woodson
7. Matt Flynn, Alex Brink

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 01:50 PM
And who says Stafford or Sanchez will be a bad decision?

They are both almost universally considered Top 5 picks, and some scouting services think Sanchez will be the better pro QB.

If Pioli doesn't think they are worth it, he'll pass.

But waiting until next year is even a bigger gamble, IMO, because almost every QB in the class of 2010 comes from a spread offense - and there are 2 guys in the history of the league that came from spread offenses in college and were successful. The odds are against getting a franchise QB in 2010.

Yet the odds are outstanding that we can get that guy in 2009, and people are against it.

I don't understand the thought process.

I think it's pretty widely accepted they are the best of a weak QB class. I understand that right now they are in the top 5 of most mocks, but so were Vince Young and Matt Leinart the year they came out. I'm just saying we don't HAVE to take a QB for the sake of taking a QB. Why force the issue if Pioli and Haley don't see that guy there. If they see Kurt Warner in Mark Sanchez that's great, take the kid, but there are many drafts ahead and we have many parts to put in place. Let's not box ourselves in to a bad selection.

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Problem with this draft is that the Chiefs are selecting at #3 and it’s a two + one quarterback selection in this draft, with Stafford and Sanchez being heads and shoulders above everyone else in terms of what the pros and pundits like about a guys ability to play in the NFL. (Freeman being the +1, and everyone else is a very distant fourth.) The Chiefs need a quarterback in the worst way possible, and there is no one else out there besides the available offensive tackles that presents a better choice value wise for the Chiefs at the three spot. (And since they picked up Brandon Albert in the first in last years draft, the OT position isn’t one of immediate need – a RT can be had later in the draft.) Barring a St. Louis pick at QB, the Chiefs should have the opportunity to pick one of the two “franchise” quarterbacks in this draft – something that they haven’t been able to do since ’83 theoretically. And there will always be someone who steps out of the later rounds and plays. Problem is, you just never know who that is going to be. Who is going to mature and grow and eventually end up a starting NFL quarterback? I’m not saying that Stafford and Sanchez are going to be All-Pro, but they are recognized as having more potential than any other QB in this draft, and, at least to me, more than any QB in next years draft as well. You’ve got to take your shots when you get them, and having the chance to draft a “potential” franchise QB doesn’t come around very often. Chiefs need to do this now, not later when they might not have the opportunity to do so. Chiefs need to make sure they get their Chad Pennington rather than hoping that someone in the 6/7 rounds ends up a Tom Brady instead of a Todd Husak.

2000:
1. Chad Pennington
2. N/A
3. Giovanni Carmazzi, Chris Redmond
4. N/A
5. Tee Martin
6. Marc Bulger, Spergon Wynn, Tom Brady, Todd Husak
7. Tim Rattay, Jarious Jackson, Joe Hamilton

2001:
1. Michael Vick
2. Drew Brees, Quincy Carter, Marques Tuiaosopo
3. N/A
4. Chris Weinke, Sage Rosenfels, Jesse Palmer
5. Mike McMahon, AJ Feely
6. Josh Booty, Josh Heupel
7. N/A

2002:
1. David Carr, Joey Harrington, Pat Ramsey
2. N/A
3. Josh McCown
4. Rohan Davey
5. Randy Fasani, Kurt Kittner, Brandon Doman, Craig Nall
6. JT O’Sullivan
7. Seth Burford, Jeff Kelly, Wes Pate

2003:
1. Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman
2. N/A
3. Dave Ragone, Chris Simms
4. Seneca Wallace
5. Brian St. Pierre
6. Drew Henson, Brooks Bollinger, Kliff Kingsbury
7. Gibran Hamdan, Ken Dorsey

2004:
1. Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, JP Losman
2. N/A
3. Matt Schaub
4. N/A
5. Craig Kenzel
6. Andy Hall, Josh Harris, Jim Sorgi, Jeff Smoker
7. John Navarre, Cody Pickett, Casey Bramlet, Matt Mauck, BJ Symons, Brad Van Pelt

2005:
1. Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Jason Campbell
2. N/A
3. Charlie Frye, Andrew Walter, David Greene
4. Kyle Orton, Stefan LeFors
5. Dan Orlovsky, Adrian McPherson
6. Derek Anderson
7. Matt Cassel

2006:
1. Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Jay Cutler
2. Kellen Clemons, Tarvaris Jackson
3. Charlie Whitehurst, Brodie Croyle
4. N/A
5. Ingle Martin, Omar Jacobs
6. Bruce Gradkowski
7. DJ Shockley

2007:
1. JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn
2. Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Drew Stanton
3. Trent Edwards
4. N/A
5. Jeff Rowe, Troy Smith
6. Jordan Palmer
7. Tyler Thigpen

2008:
1. Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco
2. Brian Brohm
3. Kevin O’Connell
4. N/A
5. John Booty, Dennis Dixon, Josh Johnson, Erik Ainge
6. Colt Brennan, Andre Woodson
7. Matt Flynn, Alex Brink

I'm not saying bank of a late round pick. I'm saying you are going to have a 1st round pick for the next few years. Take Mr. Right, not Mr. right now. Maybe one of these guys is Mr. Right and you get both. Let's just say QB or nothing for the sake of taking a QB.

KCUnited
02-09-2009, 01:58 PM
From a QB standpoint, I hope this years draft is more like 2004 than 2002.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
I think it's pretty widely accepted they are the best of a weak QB class. I understand that right now they are in the top 5 of most mocks, but so were Vince Young and Matt Leinart the year they came out. I'm just saying we don't HAVE to take a QB for the sake of taking a QB. Why force the issue if Pioli and Haley don't see that guy there. If they see Kurt Warner in Mark Sanchez that's great, take the kid, but there are many drafts ahead and we have many parts to put in place. Let's not box ourselves in to a bad selection.

The same could be said about last year. Matt Ryan was the best of a weak class. How did that work out for Atlanta?

Being part of a weak class doesn't make you weak, and no one is advocating taking a QB for the sake of taking a QB.

The reason these QB classes are getting weaker as the years go on is because more and more college offenses are moving to the spread, and they are leaving their players unequipped to play at the next level.

So, when you have a dire need at QB - which we do - and there are 2 guys that project to be elite NFL QB's - you better jump while you have the chance.

Pioli will do what he thinks is right - but I'd be shocked to see him pass on a potential franchise QB, because he knows to be successful in this league, you have to have one.

Pestilence
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM

Yeah and let's not reach on another need like LB or DE.

Here's the problem. If you don't take a QB now and Thigpen flops...then what? Awesome...we have our shot at Bradford, McCoy or Tebow. All spread QBs. As was stated above....a high majority of spread QBs flop in the NFL. If you DO take Sanchez or Stafford now....then they battle Thigpen for the starting job in training camp/preseason. If Thigpen wins the job....and plays admirably...then we're in the best situtation possible. We have trade bait to work with. If Sanchez instantly takes the job in training camp....then Thigpen becomes his backup (which he has played like so far).

I swear...I think some people are scared about drafting a QB in the 1st round because they don't think they can survive behind our o-line. It's not like you HAVE to take the #3 pick and instantly start him if he's a QB. Palmer didn't start and he was the #1 overall. It's also not like Pioli and Haley are going to look at our existing o-line and think everything is alright. They're going to fix it...either through the draft or through FA.

But remember this....if you draft Curry with the #3 pick...then he better be an instant starter...and he better be a game changer.

Just remember my last final thought......

"We're playing for more than just next season."

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 02:08 PM
The same could be said about last year. Matt Ryan was the best of a weak class. How did that work out for Atlanta?

Being part of a weak class doesn't make you weak, and no one is advocating taking a QB for the sake of taking a QB.

The reason these QB classes are getting weaker as the years go on is because more and more college offenses are moving to the spread, and they are leaving their players unequipped to play at the next level.

So, when you have a dire need at QB - which we do - and there are 2 guys that project to be elite NFL QB's - you better jump while you have the chance.

Pioli will do what he thinks is right - but I'd be shocked to see him pass on a potential franchise QB, because he knows to be successful in this league, you have to have one.

Matt Ryan was much more a known commodity then either one of the guys we have coming out this year. If you watched him play college ball and watched the other two, you could see this guy had it. These two have many more question marks. I'm not against taking a QB if you think you have that guy, I'm just against saying anything other then a QB this year is an opportunity lost.

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah and let's not reach on another need like LB or DE.

Here's the problem. If you don't take a QB now and Thigpen flops...then what? Awesome...we have our shot at Bradford, McCoy or Tebow. All spread QBs. As was stated above....a high majority of spread QBs flop in the NFL. If you DO take Sanchez or Stafford now....then they battle Thigpen for the starting job in training camp/preseason. If Thigpen wins the job....and plays admirably...then we're in the best situtation possible. We have trade bait to work with. If Sanchez instantly takes the job in training camp....then Thigpen becomes his backup (which he has played like so far).

I swear...I think some people are scared about drafting a QB in the 1st round because they don't think they can survive behind our o-line. It's not like you HAVE to take the #3 pick and instantly start him if he's a QB. Palmer didn't start and he was the #1 overall. It's also not like Pioli and Haley are going to look at our existing o-line and think everything is alright. They're going to fix it...either through the draft or through FA.

But remember this....if you draft Curry with the #3 pick...then he better be an instant starter...and he better be a game changer.

Just remember my last final thought......

"We're playing for more than just next season."

Great last thought. That's what I'm thinking.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm not saying bank of a late round pick. I'm saying you are going to have a 1st round pick for the next few years. Take Mr. Right, not Mr. right now. Maybe one of these guys is Mr. Right and you get both. Let's just say QB or nothing for the sake of taking a QB.

Dude, NO ONE is saying that.

For sake of conversation, if Stafford and Sanchez were not part of this draft class, and people were advocating taking Josh Freeman at #3, then I could see your point.

Matt Stafford has been projected as the #1 overall pick since he was 16 years old, and Steve Sarkisian has said that in terms of the total package, on the field play, leadership qualities, practice habits and film study, Sanchez is on par with Carson Palmer.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Matt Ryan was much more a known commodity then either one of the guys we have coming out this year. If you watched him play college ball and watched the other two, you could see this guy had it. These two have many more question marks. I'm not against taking a QB if you think you have that guy, I'm just against saying anything other then a QB this year is an opportunity lost.

Uh, no, he wasn't.

Matt Ryan wasn't even considered a 1st round pick until late in his senior season. Brohm, Woodson and Henne were all considered better prospects.

Matt Stafford has been considered a lock to be the #1 overall pick since he was 16 years old.

Sanchez has always been left out of the conversation because no one expected him to declare - name the last USC QB to leave early.

Pestilence
02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
name the last USC QB to leave early.

Todd Marinovich

I'm sure that will make every Anti-QB person go apeshit.

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Uh, no, he wasn't.

Matt Ryan wasn't even considered a 1st round pick until late in his senior season.

Matt Stafford has been considered a lock to be the #1 overall pick since he was 16 years old.

Sanchez has always been left out of the conversation because no one expected him to declare - name the last USC QB to leave early.

The key word there is senior season. You have more to evaluate to you knew what you are getting, compared to Sanchez's 1 year. Croyle was also a 16 year old phenom and look where that got us. But I'm much higher on Stafford just because of this ability to make throws I never saw Sanchez make. I wouldn't be upset if Stafford slips to us at three and we take him, I would disappointed with Sanchez at #3 for the sake of taking a QB.

Pestilence
02-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Croyle was a 16 year old phenom?

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2009, 02:26 PM
The key word there is senior season. You have more to evaluate to you knew what you are getting, compared to Sanchez's 1 year. Croyle was also a 16 year old phenom and look where that got us. But I'm much higher on Stafford just because of this ability to make throws I never saw Sanchez make. I wouldn't be upset if Stafford slips to us at three and we take him, I would disappointed with Sanchez at #3 for the sake of taking a QB.

I'm done arguing with you, because this comment makes it perfectly clear you didn't see Sanchez this year - or you just have some odd bias against him or USC.

He's more accurate than Stafford, he's more poised than Stafford, and he's smarter with the ball than Stafford.

He's made every throw necessary to succeed in the NFL, and he's often making those throws with pressure bearing down on him.

Pestilence
02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm done arguing with you, because this comment makes it perfectly clear you didn't see Sanchez this year - or you just have some odd bias against him or USC.

He's more accurate than Stafford, he's more poised than Stafford, and he's smarter with the ball than Stafford.

He's made every throw necessary to succeed in the NFL, and he's often making those throws with pressure bearing down on him.

I honestly think that the Anti-QB people are split into two separate groups.

1. The people who are just plain scared to draft a QB in the 1st round.

2. The people who have never watched either of these two play a game.

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 02:28 PM

He may make better decsions with the ball, but from what I saw most of his passes were stuff over the middle of the field. He had nice touch on the passes, but I question his arm strength. I guess we can see at this pro day or combine.

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Croyle was a 16 year old phenom?

#1 rated HS QB in the country.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2009, 02:32 PM

3. The people that wouldn't know how to evaluate a QB if they had Mike Holmgren sitting next to them.

Pestilence
02-09-2009, 02:33 PM
#1 rated HS QB in the country.

Link? Because I'm finding on Wikipedia that he was ranked #2 until he got injured.

mylittlepony
02-09-2009, 02:44 PM

3. Doesnt jump on every bandwaggon that happens to roll through this place. Last year people got rolled in tar and feathers for saying anything but BPA (people who were afraid to win). This year its QB or coward. :doh!:

BigCatDaddy
02-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Link? Because I'm finding on Wikipedia that he was ranked #2 until he got injured.

Regardless, there wasn't ANYONE that was calling Croyle a future #1 overall at that point like they were Stafford.

Hell, Jimmy Claussen was considered a "phenom" at 16, but no one lever claimed he'd be a #1 overall.

I don't remember the publication, but I'm sure there are several. Who said Stafford would be the #1 pick? I'm sure "they" say that about a lot of people. But I like Stafford much more then Sanchez. I don't think he will be there and if he isn't don't force the pick.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't remember the publication, but I'm sure there are several. Who said Stafford would be the #1 pick? I'm sure "they" say that about a lot of people. But I like Stafford much more then Sanchez. I don't think he will be there and if he isn't don't force the pick.

Mel Kiper Jr. was one of the people who said it, after seeing him at the Elite 11 camp.

Coincidentally, both Stafford and Sanchez were asked to be counselors in 2008.

Elite 11 provides the nation's top high school quarterbacks with high-level instruction by the best in the business, making it the nation's premier quarterback camp for prep athletes.

The high school quarterbacks are selected through an exhaustive evaluation process, which includes film research and in-person and telephone interviews. More than 1,000 quarterbacks are evaluated annually.

DaneMcCloud
02-09-2009, 03:16 PM

Dude, he wasn't at USC for ONE YEAR!!!!!

He was a fourth year Junior. FOUR YEARS.

JFC.

DrRyan
02-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Dude, he wasn't at USC for ONE YEAR!!!!!

He was a fourth year Junior. FOUR YEARS.

JFC.

And one of those years he could not beat out John David Booty to start. Just sayin'.

DaneMcCloud
02-09-2009, 03:21 PM
And one of those years he could not beat out John David Booty to start. Just sayin'.

Bullshit.

He was the starting QB heading into the 2007 season when the false rape allegations were made. Carroll pulled him from duty on the spot.

DrRyan
02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
As you wish Dane. Fact remains he started only one full season at USC. We probably will take him, he may succeed, he may fail. If Pioli pulls the trigger on him I will believe he made the right choice.

Sheesh, you SoCal fans sure take any questions people have about Sanchez personally it seems.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2009, 03:33 PM

Regardless, there wasn't ANYONE that was calling Croyle a future #1 overall at that point like they were Stafford.

Hell, Jimmy Claussen was considered a "phenom" at 16, but no one lever claimed he'd be a #1 overall.

(My mistake P23 - I hit edit post instead of quote earlier.)

Pestilence
02-09-2009, 03:36 PM
As you wish Dane. Fact remains he started only one full season at USC. We probably will take him, he may succeed, he may fail. If Pioli pulls the trigger on him I will believe he made the right choice.

Sheesh, you SoCal fans sure take any questions people have about Sanchez personally it seems.

Actually....I'm a Notre Dame fan....so in all reality I should hate Sanchez. On the other hand...I can see that he's uber-talented and worthy of being our franchise QB.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Actually....I'm a Notre Dame fan....so in all reality I should hate Sanchez. On the other hand...I can see that he's uber-talented and worthy of being our franchise QB.

WHAT!

I was told that anyone who sees Sanchez as a franchise QB MUST be a USC fan.

DaneMcCloud
02-09-2009, 03:52 PM

First, I'm not a USC fan.

Secondly, the same "questions" have been rehashed ten million times.

People just don't listen to the correct answers.

ChiefsCountry
02-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Mecca is really the only USC fan who posts on the draft stuff. There is a couple others on the board but that is it.

DrRyan
02-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Dane has all the correct answers. This debate is now over.:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Dane has all the correct answers. This debate is now over.:rolleyes:

Thank you for recognizing this very important fact.

Pestilence
02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Trent Green was more impressive than Palmer

Simply amazing.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Simply amazing.

Dear God.

I bet the same guy posted this:

I think you actually nailed it GoChiefs. They are SCARED. They are frightened that this kid might actually be up to the task. And I think it is shameful. Rather than be happy for the team about finding and developing our own QB, rather then worry about what is best for the team, rather then worry about how successful we can be, they are scared that we won't have a QB with some flashy rockstar cool name like "Matt Ryan" or Matt Stafford" or "Matt Leinart" (BTW, What the hell is the deal with all of these QBs named Matt anyways?). They are scared to death that we won't have a QB with that "1st round" label attached to it. It is like a kid with a brand new present on Christmas day. They want to open their little shiny first round QB present. They want the media attention that we will get. That is what it comes down to.

DrRyan
02-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I have no idea what context the "Trent Green was more impressive than Palmer" was taken from. But, looking at the stats of the time Trent was in KC while Carson was in Cinci, their numbers are pretty comparable. Carson(assuming this is the Palmer we are talking about) and Trent were quite close statistically in those years. Trent was a very good QB in KC 2002-2005(where his TDs dropped) and Carson was a very good QB in Cinci 2005-2006.

Now, if I am choosing between the two, I go with Carson, but there is not a huge difference between the two over that period of time. Trent, especially at the end of his KC days appeared to be "shot putting" the ball on deep outs and crossing patterns. Carson can obviously out throw Trent every day of the week, but arm strength is not the end all be all of the QB position.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 05:29 PM
I love these anti QB arguments they are so amusing...What is being done now is the people who don't want a QB are ripping Sanchez to shreds and not saying much about Stafford because they assume he'll be gone so no reason to tear down both just the 1 we'll have a chance to pick.

If somehow Stafford didn't go 1st or did something to not be projected there we'd see him get ripped too. I've honestly never seen a fanbase that hates QB's like this one does.

And for being a USC fan I've never pimped a player simply because he went to that school.

OnTheWarpath58
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I love these anti QB arguments they are so amusing...What is being done now is the people who don't want a QB are ripping Sanchez to shreds and not saying much about Stafford because they assume he'll be gone so no reason to tear down both just the 1 we'll have a chance to pick.

If somehow Stafford didn't go 1st or did something to not be projected there we'd see him get ripped too. I've honestly never seen a fanbase that hates QB's like this one does.

And for being a USC fan I've never pimped a player simply because he went to that school.

Dude, you HAVE to read these two threads. They are the epitome of fear.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=3916402

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=3906434

Mecca
02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm going to randomly post about some of the hilarious things I come about in those threads for laughter sake...

If we didn't have a young QB that showed immense promise in the 1st 10 starts of his career, I'd be all for drafting a QB. But we have one, so there are much greater needs than just drafting another QB with a very high draft choice.

I don't think so at all, off what he showed in his 1st ten starts. He's one of the most mobile QB's in the league, has a very strong arm, showed he can do the touch pass. I'm not sure what else he needs to show that immense promise is there. Will he develop it? That's to be seen, but he definitely earned the right to show more. A lot of the problems you and a couple others focus on(locking on a receiver) are things common to most young QB's. He's far from a finished product, and rawer than many because of his background, but the promise is there. More than Cassel who some Chief fans are all over themselves to overpay for.

Did that guy get high before he posted? Saying Thigpen showed immense promise would be like saying a chick with an A cup has immense boobs.

ChiefsCountry
02-09-2009, 06:11 PM
KCChiefsfan75 and GoChiefs91 are douchebags.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Is this a serious post...

Thigpen has a LOT more credibility than Stafford...especially considering that he actually HAS taken an NFL snap. And of course, Thigpen also managed to put up similar numbers, in less time, and on a worse team that your love idols Matt ryan and Joe Flacco....The fact that anyone was averaging 20 points on this team...which was originally averaging 11 points is indeed impressive. IAnd I'll bet he averages even more under Haley.

I'd literally get banned in seconds on that board if anyone posted something like that here I'd explode on them.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Is this Hootie?

Look at Carson Palmer. What has he done for the Bengals? NOTHING Even with 84 and 85. So, yea, I could pass on him. And the fact that he is comparing him to Palmer dosent change the fact he has only started one year. He is too raw. Should have listened to Pete Carroll and stayed

Only a Chiefs fans could say Carson Palmer isn't any good with a straight face.

Trent Green was more impressive than Palmer

ROFL for the love of god, if these guys posted here they'd get raped...they should sign him here so I could tell them what I think without getting banned.

When did Palmer win the SB??? He won the Heisman...hardly the same thing... Palmer did nothing for them. AND he has 2 of the leagues best receivers in 84 and 85. Trent Green had Eddie Kennison and Samie Parker. They are both injury prone. I think Trent did more with less considering he was a 10th round draft choice.

Look at Carson Palmer. What has he done for the Bengals? NOTHING Even with 84 and 85. So, yea, I could pass on him. All he does is get injured. He WAS good

I didn't think it was possible to be this stupid.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Tyler Thigpen wouldn't start for any of the other 31 teams in the league.

Know why?

No one would be willing to scrap their entire offense to change to the Pistol, so he could be effective.

By god a logical poster over at WPI that doesn't have the same name they do here...is it possible there is a poster over there that doesn't post here that isn't a retard?

Mecca
02-09-2009, 07:30 PM
For the record I don't want a qb with the third pick. Linebacker is a much greater need on this team because all we have is Derrick Johnson who is wildly inconsistent. And if we must draft a qb I'd rather have Nate Davis and or Dan Lefebre later on in the draft.

Someone kill this guy.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 07:34 PM
The true fan is strong with this one..

See? What did I tell ya GoChiefs? It really is ALL about picking that QB in the first spot so we can wave him around and go "See! Look at us! We have a first round QB too!". That is what it all boils down to. Having the high profile pick in the first round with the big contract and the "rock star" name. Never mind whether either of the QBs are even worthy of a 3rd overall pick. Never mind that we already have someone on the roster that has shown potential and promise. Never mind that our team might get set back for 6+ years and ultimately screw any chance we have of seeing a post season. The team be d@mned! Gotta have that trophy pick! Imagine where New England would be right now if they had that same attitude. "6th rounder for a franchise QB? Are you nuts? Get rid of him! We gotta draft a first rounder!"....bye bye Superbowl rings...

That sounds like a guy pissing his pants over the idea of a QB.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Sign me up for us picking up Bradford next year...I think he's going to be amazing. I'm a Mizzou fan too so believe me, I've seen him throw for a gazillion yards and TD's!!!

People who just watch Big 12 ball shouldn't be allowed to have a scouting opinion.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 07:40 PM
KCChiefsfan75 and GoChiefs91 are douchebags.

The 75 guy is like you took CoMoChiefs, Frankie and Hootie and breeded them together.

Pestilence
02-09-2009, 08:39 PM
By god a logical poster over at WPI that doesn't have the same name they do here...is it possible there is a poster over there that doesn't post here that isn't a retard?

Hey....what about me?!?!?!?!?

Mecca
02-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey....what about me?!?!?!?!?

I covered you, I knew that was you because you had the same name...

Mecca
02-10-2009, 01:40 AM
I want to know why they all think Bradford and McCoy are great prospects.....are they really that fuckin stupid?

BigCatDaddy
02-10-2009, 07:40 AM
I want to know why they all think Bradford and McCoy are great prospects.....are they really that ****in stupid?

I think Bradford has the potential to be Kurt Warner and I think McCoy could be Jeff Garcia.

Pestilence
02-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I think Bradford has the potential to be Kurt Warner and I think McCoy could be Jeff Garcia.

ROFL

BigCatDaddy
02-10-2009, 08:06 AM
ROFL

I'm sure you would have laughed to if I said Kurt Warner and Jeff Garcia would be who they are today when they were in college.

OnTheWarpath58
02-10-2009, 01:41 PM
The 75 guy is like you took CoMoChiefs, Frankie and Hootie and breeded them together.

You should get caught up - today's action is much more entertaining.

Get this: Drew Bledsoe was NOT a franchise QB.

Mecca
02-10-2009, 03:23 PM
You should get caught up - today's action is much more entertaining.

Get this: Drew Bledsoe was NOT a franchise QB.

So no one told them that the Patriots were nothing before Bledsoe and that he's only in the top 10 in nearly every stat category you can think of...

Bledsoe is actually a borderline HOFer when you sit down and look at everything...

OnTheWarpath58
02-10-2009, 03:58 PM
So no one told them that the Patriots were nothing before Bledsoe and that he's only in the top 10 in nearly every stat category you can think of...

Bledsoe is actually a borderline HOFer when you sit down and look at everything...

Dude....ROFL

Not really. Bledsoe was not a "franchise" QB. At that point he was just a solid veteran. No mobility and almost at the end of his career. That is why he drafted Tom Brady. To sit behind Bledsoe and learn. You seem to forget, Pioli has a different method and mindset from most. He isn't worried about who is the flashiest or who is the best. He is worried about who is the RIGHT player. That's a little tidbit for you. And with the 31st defense in the league, with a record low amount of sacks, make no mistake, Pioli is WELL aware of that...

Bledsoe wasn't a franchise QB?

1st overall pick in 1993, 4 time Pro bowler, 2 time All Pro, took the Pats to the SB in his 4th year, has thrown for over 40,000 yards.

QB's that aren't considered "franchise QB's" typically aren't given a 10 year, $103 million dollar contract - which happened to be given to him after Brady was drafted.

Bledsoe was nowhere near the end of his career when Brady was drafted. It was right in the middle of his career. He has played 7 seasons before Brady was drafted, and played 7 more seasons after he was drafted.

It's hard to take you seriously when you make comments like this.

Mecca
02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
If Mo Lewis has never hit Bledsoe we wouldn't know who Tom Brady is.