PDA

View Full Version : Run blocking weak. Pass blocking great. This means or best option for RB might be...

KCTitus
10-15-2000, 07:32 PM
Dante Hall???!!!???

True he is very small, but he is also very quick and elusive. The 1 play he made in pre-season was one of the most exciting plays a RB has made around here in a long time. Let T Rich lead block, and the little guy might be hard for the D linemen to find to tackle. Get him out in the flat, or on a screen pass, and he might just take it to the house at anytime.

Just a thought, since pass blocking is our forte.

KCTitus
10-15-2000, 08:07 PM
Why keep hammering big backs into the line for less than 3 yards a carry? 1st and 25 is no longer a death sentence with our passing game, so why not add a RB who is a threat in the passing game as well?

Buzzbait
10-15-2000, 10:46 PM
I agee with you Coogs dump Cloud and let Hall have the 3rd down back duties. Carl draft a top tier RB (Lamont Jordan, Travis Henry,or Rudi Johnson) I know this is next year but Carl pick one!!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

KCTitus
10-15-2000, 11:30 PM
CP,

I don't see how it could hurt to play him. Maybe in even a bigger roll than 3rd down back. The rest of our backs are all so similar, that Hall just might be what is needed to jump start our anemic (sp) running game. Like I said, what could it hurt!

DaKCMan AP
10-15-2000, 11:44 PM
I have said Dante Hall since preseason as my RB of choice. The guy has scary speed and can flat out make people miss. Too bad our coaches are stuck in the Big Back world and are missing a great oppertunity.

Baby Lee
10-16-2000, 04:08 AM
I agree. We just aren't very effective running the ball so far this year. But we sure damn well better be next week to even have a chance against the Rams. And so far no one has stepped up and claimed the #1 RB spot. Maybe RBBC isn't by design after all. Hell give Hall a shot. He can't be any worse than what we have seen so far.

ddpatterson
10-18-2000, 07:05 AM
alanm,
The SitCom (RBbC) is the reason no one RB has stepped up and claimed the RB job. Watch other games with the top backs in the league. It takes them at least through the first quarter to get into the flow. Eddie George in the playoff game against Indy last season was held in check through most of the first half. He finally broke loose for a long TD run late in the 2nd quarter, and just took control of the game in the 2nd half. Jerome Bettis was held in check most of the first half this last weekend against Cinncinati, but controlled the game and the clock in the 2nd half, and finished with over 100 yards.
To borrow an idea from CT.
I can't stress this enough,

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

Warrior5
10-18-2000, 07:35 AM
How about Stephen Davis against Baltimore on Sunday. 2 yards in the first half, 89 in the second! Point taken milkman. Why can't Gun see this!?!? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/confused.gif

ddpatterson
10-18-2000, 07:59 AM
Because Gun is so stubborn, his ability to see what is so clear to everyone else is impaired. Just another reason, along with his blind loyalty, a nickname I used for him this past offseason, "Magoo" seems appropriate.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

The SitCom must die!!

[This message has been edited by milkman (edited 10-18-2000).]

AustinChief
10-18-2000, 08:06 AM
I hate to say it guys, but I've been watching the Rams alot. For one, I've been a big Kurt Warner fan (since I'm a big Barnstormers fan and had season tickets since they were established) and second I have Marshall Faulk as my main fantasy back.

After watching them, I think Dante Hall is the answer at RB. And I wouldn't necessarily run him between the tackles. Shovel passes, screens, all that ****. Let's get it going.

------------------
Parker
[b]ChiefsPlanet Administrator</B>

Fat Homer
10-18-2000, 08:10 AM
I must respectfully disagree with the Hall sentiments. Our OL is not opening holes for our current BIG backs. Why would putting a small, easier to tackle, HB enable them to start opening them up? TRich is just as fast as Hall - granted, his 'hip-swivle' isn't as good - but he is large enough to shed would-be tacklers. Out of all the backs I've seen run, TRich, Moreau and Anders have looked the best. IMO, Moreau should be the man - with TRich at FB. Rotate Anders in to spell Moreau & on some first downs (great backfield receiving threat + an outstanding pass blocker). Bennett can spell TRich.

Warrior5
10-18-2000, 08:13 AM
As annoying as RBbC was last season, at least we were gaining 130+ yards per game (no John Proctor did not steal my password http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif). But now we struggle to gain HALF that and we are STILL going away from the hot hand.

~perplexed....

Shootr
10-18-2000, 08:31 AM
Hall would and has been my choice since day 1 also. He reminds me of Marshal Faulk because of his size and speed and allusiveness. I'd like to see what he can do though. TR and Hall... The real THUNDER & LIGHTNING!

Fat Homer
10-18-2000, 08:37 AM
How can ANYONE compare Hall to Marshall Faulk?! That is ridiculous! Faulk is 5'10", 210-215lbs. Hall is 5'8", 185-190lbs. Faulk is an all-pro back - he is the most proficient yardage gaining RB in NFL history... Hall is a rookie return man for a poorly coached team. That is one comparison NO ONE should make! Have you all become so desperate as to be reaching for such ludicrous comparisons? There is no basis for any comparison - not with Faulk, not with Dunn, not with anyone.

Shootr
10-18-2000, 09:38 AM
HC...

You might be speaking the gospel there. But what I do know is that... our BIG backs aren't getting it done. I think we need a change of pace slippery back in the backfield. Do you see the cuts that Marshal makes with quickness and qgility? Our line isn't that bad, but our RBs make them look like the Bengals O-line is blocking. Dante seems like a game breaker. Hell what can it hurt to give him a try. we can even try Warren Moon back there.

My point is... at this juncture in the season IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER who you put back ther if we aren't getting it done. This stick with Cloud campaign would've been over with a long time ago if it were up to me. Cloud is a greg hill without the speed and nothing more. I could've swore I saw a resemblance of Hill when Cloud would run right into a hole and try to push through it only to fall down. It's like he has tunnel vision and nothing more. Cloud is nothing more than a derek loville. Give someone the ball anybody but Cloud. If you do end up giving Cloud the ball stick with it... as long as it's constant... stay with that runner.

redbrian
10-18-2000, 09:54 AM
KC RBs (IMO):

#1 - TRich - Clearly the best HB on the roster.
#2 - Moreau - Obvious 2nd choice at HB & the only pure RB with any real potential on the roster.
#3 - Anders - He's fought through a year of rehab, an inexplicable lack of carries, and a huge pay cut, yet he still puts out more effort on each run than any other Chief. He deserves ONE GAME as "the man". Give him 25 carries JUST ONE MORE TIME to see what he has left. He's earned it.
#4 - Hall - He may be tiny, but at least he has speed and big-time moves, unlike...
#5 - Mike Cloud - No redeeming HB qualities at all. Slow, small, can't break tackles, and unable to find the hole. The few times he can, there is no "burst" at all. Yet another example of a big-time college RB that can't hack it in the NFL ala Leland Mcelroy, Troy Davis, etc.

redbrian
10-18-2000, 09:56 AM
I forgot Bennett...he should be just ahead of Hall, IMO...hopefully Carl will forget about him this offseason.