PDA

View Full Version : Stafford vs. Sanchez: Wrong QB Debate

orange
02-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Stafford vs. Sanchez: Wrong QB Debate

For the past few weeks, most people are talking about Georgia's Matt Stafford versus USC's Mark Sanchez as the top two quarterbacks in the 2009 NFL Draft and who is the top dog.

I think this is the wrong argument.

"So Matt, what is the right argument?"

Sanchez does not have much game experience. He only has 487 career pass attempts in Pete Carroll's system. Therefore, in the leading months up to the 2009 NFL Draft, we could see Kansas State's Josh Freeman pass up Mark Sanchez as the No. 2 quarterback.

Sanchez is my No. 2 guy right now, but we have seen crazier things before in the months leading up to the draft. We are only in the seventh mile of a marathon, and there is more to come.

Why could Freeman pass up Sanchez you ask?

Well, I think he has a better physical skill set. Freeman is 6-6, 238 while Sanchez is about 6-3, 225. Freeman has a bigger arm than Sanchez as well.

Not only that, but Freeman is far more experienced than Sanchez. He has thrown 1,151 balls in his career - 673 more than Sanchez. He has two more seasons of starting experience in an offense where he was required to be under center more than a typical spread and throw some pro routes. Maybe this pro-style offense was part of the reason Ron Prince was canned.

Don't forget about Freeman in the quarterback battle. Sure, he has his inconsistencies and accuracy concerns, but he is a very legit first-round talent. All it takes is for Mike Singletary to like how he interviews more than Sanchez.

I do not think Freeman is going No. 3 overall, but people seem to be forgetting about Freeman. With more experience, a bigger arm, and greater size than Viva Sanchez, don't count him out of the race on Draft Day.

After all, the draft can be pretty unpredictable. To think it is set in stone when we are 63 days away is ridiculous.

http://www.walterfootball.com/mattblog.php

Mecca
02-19-2009, 10:30 PM

Josh Freeman is about as smart as a box of rocks that's what I want.

orange
02-19-2009, 10:30 PM
:popcorn:

DeezNutz
02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
As long as he only has to get off the bus and never play, Freeman should be the #1 guy.

Sam Hall
02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Call me a homer Nebraska fan, but what recruit sends a text message to the coaches saying he isn't coming to their school? This after being verbally committed for months. That was Josh Freeman.

the Talking Can
02-19-2009, 10:33 PM
give that writer some aids water....

the Talking Can
02-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Call me a homer Nebraska fan, but what recruit sends a text message to the coaches saying he isn't coming to their school? This after being verbally committed for months. That was Josh Freeman.

ROFL

no one cares....literally no one

keg in kc
02-19-2009, 10:34 PM
I don't see it, but stranger things have happened.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Sanchez drop a long way, either. A QB in free-fall seems like an annual tradition lately.

Sam Hall
02-19-2009, 10:37 PM
ROFL

no one cares....literally no one

I would have a hard time supporting him, even though he never beat the Big Red. It's like A-Rod saying he was young and stupid. I don't buy it.

Sam Hall
02-19-2009, 10:43 PM
All he had to do was call the NU coaches instead of send a text message. He must have thought Bill Callahan would yell at him:D

Dave Lane
02-19-2009, 11:14 PM
I saw him throw 6-7 pics in the two games I saw. Seen bits of others but damn he's like a pick machine out there when I saw him and accuracy was hideous.

Frosty
02-19-2009, 11:43 PM
I don't see K State football, so I haven't seen Freeman much. I did see him early in the season against Louisville. I spent most of the first part of the game thinking "man, this Freeman kid is awesome". I spent most of the second half think "man, this Freeman kid sucks".

ChiefsCountry
02-20-2009, 12:31 AM
I have no clue why Walter has Matt McGwire on his site. McGwire is a total fucking retard for the most part.

googlegoogle
02-20-2009, 01:10 AM
youtube vids for freeman.

good arm.

Ben Rothlisberger comparisons are fair.

I do not kid.