PDA

View Full Version : My Wish List

Sully
02-24-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm on the Sanchez bandwagon, as it seems the most realistic...

But here is my wish list, as of now...

1. Stafford
2. Sanchez
3. Cushing
4. Raji
5. Curry

Obviously 3,4, and 5 are reaches, to one extent or the other. But overall, I'm not all that excited about this draft, anyway (at the top).

Cushing is rushing up my list fast, though.

doomy3
02-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Now why exactly do you have Cushing rated above Curry?

Sully
02-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Now why exactly do you have Cushing rated above Curry?

Pass Rush ability and my belief we will be running a 3-4.

Chiefnj2
02-24-2009, 11:56 AM

He's got 8.5 sacks his entire career, the same as Curry. Why is he a better pass rusher?

doomy3
02-24-2009, 11:56 AM

I'm sure you realize then that Aaron Curry had one more sack than Cushing in their college careers then? Neither were asked to rush the QB much in college.

Sully
02-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah.
I get that.
But Cushing spent time at DE.
So at least we know he has learned some pash rush moves.

We don't know that about Curry.

doomy3
02-24-2009, 11:59 AM
only on ChiefsPlanet would anyone have Cushing rated above Curry. 2 spots above at that

Sully
02-24-2009, 12:01 PM
It's not scientific. Every year I get a bee in my bonnet over one player or another turning into a stud.I'm about 50% on that.

But I'll admit it's little more than a "feeling."

Woodrow Call
02-24-2009, 12:01 PM
I agree with 1 & 2. Here's my top 5 at 3.

1. Stafford
2. Sanchez
3. Curry
4. Jenkins
5. Brown

Dicky McElephant
02-24-2009, 12:23 PM
1. Stafford
2. Sanchez
3. Curry - Only to play MLB in our 4-3.
4. Malcom Jenkins
5. Everette Brown

Chiefnj2
02-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah.
I get that.
But Cushing spent time at DE.
So at least we know he has learned some pash rush moves.

We don't know that about Curry.

If Cushing was at DE and had the opportunity to get after the QB and he has the same numbers as someone who wasn't asked to get the QB that often doesn't that mean Cushing's pass rush skills leave a lot to be desired?

Sully
02-24-2009, 01:01 PM
If Cushing was at DE and had the opportunity to get after the QB and he has the same numbers as someone who wasn't asked to get the QB that often doesn't that mean Cushing's pass rush skills leave a lot to be desired?

Not necessarily.

Chiefnj2
02-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Not necessarily.

Please explain. Also, when did Cushing play DE? I thought Matthews was the versatile player.

Sully
02-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Please explain. Also, when did Cushing play DE? I thought Matthews was the versatile player.

If a guy plays DE one year, and LB the next, and doesn't often blitz as a LB, then the side-by-side stats don't tell the whole story. I didn't watch a ton of USC, but my impression is that they didn't blitz much.

Cushing played DE either last year, or the year before.

bdeg
02-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Stafford
Sanchez
Everette Brown
Curry
Crabtree/Orakpo I guess

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-24-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't know what Cushing did at the combine to excite people this much.

He's a really good player, but his bench #s were inflated. His form was awful, and they should have docked him several reps. He ran a decent, but by no means great, 40, and he has a horrible injury history.

Top 20 pick? In all likelihood. Top 10? Not a chance in hell.

Sully, if you're looking for someone with pass rushing experience in a 3-4, then you should look at Clint Sintim, who played rush backer his whole time at UVA.

If you're looking for a physical freak, look at Lawrence Sidbury.

Dicky McElephant
02-24-2009, 05:00 PM

He's a really good player, but his bench #s were inflated. His form was awful, and they should have docked him several reps. He ran a decent, but by no means great, 40, and he has a horrible injury history.

Sully, if you're looking for someone with pass rushing experience in a 3-4, then you should look at Clint Sintim, who played rush backer his whole time at UVA.

Does Lawrence Sidbury last till the 3rd round? Or did he now move his stock up into the 2nd?

Sully
02-24-2009, 05:10 PM

If you're looking for a physical freak, look at Lawrence Sidbury.I'm good with that. I've simply got a feeling about Cushing... It's not terribly logical or based on anything statistical.

rockymtnchief
02-24-2009, 07:30 PM

I mentioned him in another thread. I'd love him to be there in the 2nd round.

BigChiefFan
02-24-2009, 07:54 PM

I'm thinking Cushing could be there in the early 2nd round. He kind of reminds me of Romanowski without all the roid rage. It might just be they are both health freaks. I agree, no way he goes top 10.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Does Lawrence Sidbury last till the 3rd round? Or did he now move his stock up into the 2nd?

If you were to poll GMs, he'd probably average a 3rd round pick, but someone will fall in love w/ his measureables and take him in round 2.

mylittlepony
02-25-2009, 09:10 AM
The thing I like about cushing is his attitude. Thats the type of guys you want when building a "locker room tradition". If KC gets alot of these blue collar workout guys, that plays hard nosed football; the next guys coming in the door will adapt to that norm making the D that tough "take no prisoners" type defense.

His injuries concerns me but I would probably look real hard at him if he were to fall to the second round.

Sully
02-25-2009, 09:12 AM
The thing I like about cushing is his attitude. Thats the type of guys you want when building a "locker room tradition". If KC gets alot of these blue collar workout guys, that plays hard nosed football; the next guys coming in the door will adapt to that norm making the D that tough "take no prisoners" type defense.

His injuries concerns me but I would probably look real hard at him if he were to fall to the second round.

That is probably a big reason I like him.

BigCatDaddy
02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
1. Stafford
2. Sanchez
3. Curry - Only to play MLB in our 4-3.
4. Malcom Jenkins
5. Everette Brown

Jenkins? After his 40 times they were talking about him now having to make a postion switch to safety. He probably took himself out of top 10 and made Davis a lot of money.

Chiefnj2
02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
That is probably a big reason I like him.

If you want a USC linebacker take Matthews.

Sully
02-25-2009, 03:06 PM
If you want a USC linebacker take Matthews.

It has nothing to do with where he came from, what his measurables were, etc. I just have a good feeling about him.

It's a lot like the feeling I have for that RB from Colorado State (don't remember his name).

crazycoffey
02-25-2009, 04:10 PM
1. stafford
2. curry
3. shanchez

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 08:18 AM
1. stafford
2. curry
3. shanchez

I think that is what KC's top 3 list will look like.

Great Expectations
02-26-2009, 10:23 AM
1) Stafford
2) Curry
3) Crabtree
4) Orakpo
5) Raji

bdeg
02-26-2009, 10:37 AM
1) Stafford
2) Curry
3) Crabtree
4) Orakpo
5) Raji

That's pretty much how I see it if we plan to stay 4-3 and scouts don't like Sanchez.