PDA

View Full Version : Wonderlic Scores

Coogs
02-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Have the scores been released yet?

Sully
02-24-2009, 10:40 AM
I think they aren't "released" and are supposed to be secret.

I could be wrong.

rockymtnchief
02-24-2009, 11:05 AM

I could be wrong.

I believe this to be true. That's why there was so much speculation about Vince Youngs score. Just rumors and no definite confirmation, IIRC.

keg in kc
02-24-2009, 12:40 PM
I believe this to be true. That's why there was so much speculation about Vince Youngs score. Just rumors and no definite confirmation, IIRC.We'll never know if he got a 6 or a 16, but outside of that one, the numbers that come out aren't usually questioned.

NickAthanFan
02-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Aaron Curry got a 326 and Sanchez got a 4.

Rooster
02-24-2009, 01:36 PM

Damn. Sanchez went full retard.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-24-2009, 02:08 PM
We'll never know if he got a 6 or a 16, but outside of that one, the numbers that come out aren't usually questioned.

He got a 6, retook it some time later, and got a 16.

OnTheWarpath58
02-24-2009, 08:16 PM

LMAO

BigChiefFan
02-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Damn. Sanchez went full retard.
I shouldn't laugh...:evil:

cdcox
02-24-2009, 09:02 PM

I could be wrong.

It's kind of a double standard that if you are slow a foot it's okay for anyone to know, but if you are slow a brain it's some kind of big secret.

This seems to be discrimination against people who can't run fast.

OnTheWarpath58
02-24-2009, 09:05 PM
It's kind of a double standard that if you are slow a foot it's okay for anyone to know, but if you are slow a brain it's some kind of big secret.

This seems to be discrimination against people who can't run fast.

I'm sure the NCAA has a hand in it.

I mean, when student-athletes are missing questions like, "If jelly beans are $1.20 a pound, how many pounds can you get for $6?", it makes people wonder WTF these kids were actually doing while in college.

ChiefsCountry
02-24-2009, 09:10 PM
it makes people wonder WTF these kids were actually doing while in college.

coeds

DeezNutz
02-24-2009, 09:13 PM
coeds

:clap:

Skip Towne
02-24-2009, 09:18 PM

I mean, when student-athletes are missing questions like, "If jelly beans are $1.20 a pound, how many pounds can you get for $6?", it makes people wonder WTF these kids were actually doing while in college.

Playing football?

cdcox
02-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Eh, I've seen both sides.

I've seen a guy make an NFL roster, and walk away from the team to get a graduate degree in engineering.

I've seen a guy graduate with an engineering degree, have a successful NFL career and start a successful engineering company.

I've seen a star BB player (college and significant pro career) cut class about 80% of the semester.

I've seen a star football recruiting prospect who obviously didn't give a crap about anything other than playing football and his girlfriend. His mom was all about his getting a good education, but the kid couldn't have cared less.

Athletics provides these kids chances to get an education, which will benefit them whether they succeed in athletics or not. It is up to them to take advantage of it, or not.

dj56dt58
02-24-2009, 11:24 PM
He got a 6, retook it some time later, and got a 16.

he was really upset that he scored lower the second time..

keg in kc
02-25-2009, 02:25 AM
He got a 6, retook it some time later, and got a 16.I know the story. But the NFL has tried to sell that he didn't really get a 6, that the first one was just graded incorrectly. But since it 'disappeared' nobody will ever actually know...

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2009, 04:18 AM
I know the story. But the NFL has tried to sell that he didn't really get a 6, that the first one was just graded incorrectly. But since it 'disappeared' nobody will ever actually know...

The NFLs actions are pretty telling, IMO. The guy is as dumb as a sack of hammers. A 6 might even be generous for him.

Sully
02-25-2009, 07:36 AM
he was really upset that he scored lower the second time..

ROFL

missinDThomas
02-25-2009, 07:56 AM
did you guys see Rich Eisen scored a 35?

O-Line had best average of positions and it was 25

rockymtnchief
02-25-2009, 08:26 AM
It's not that hard of a test. A simpleton like me scored a 36. I know I would've been even higher if I was fresh out of college...maybe even high school. Somebody like Vince Young either didn't care or was coddled all through college.

missinDThomas
02-25-2009, 01:11 PM
the RBs average was like 17

veist
02-26-2009, 03:13 AM
The actual numbers probably aren't that important other than "did he score really low?" I imagine. The thinking being if you can't at least score above functionally literate you may have problems learning the playbook and/or may not be coachable.

talastan
02-26-2009, 11:52 AM
I took one of those sample tests and got a 37 without trying. How could anyone get a ****ing six!!

Ultra Peanut
02-28-2009, 02:38 AM
He got a 6, retook it some time later, and got a 16.http://i39.tinypic.com/2yy1gko.jpg

aturnis
02-28-2009, 02:47 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2yy1gko.jpg

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Wow! Too funny!

It's like SNL celebrity Jeopardy w/ Sean Connery!

alanm
03-01-2009, 09:45 PM
I took one of those sample tests and got a 37 without trying. How could anyone get a ****ing six!!Misspelled Vince?

Micjones
03-02-2009, 04:12 PM

I just wanna know what kind of NFL player buys 5 pounds of jellybeans?
I don't want that guy on my team.
:D

BWillie
03-09-2009, 01:00 AM

They take classes like stress management and pottery. I'm not even joking. When I went to U of Iowa, the graduation rate for the football team was horrendous. Most of them didn't even anticipate graduating, or were smart enough to do so. I think alot of times they just pick classes that don't even go towards a major, or to graduate just to stay eligible. When you can barely read, you have to do what you have to do to stay eligible. If you plan on playing pro ball someday, why take nuclear physics and chance a 1.0 GPA for the semester and get put on academic probation? I took stress management my fifth year when I was in college just because I needed enough credits to graduate and it was honestly 85% athletes. It was the easiest class I've ever taken.

bdeg
03-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Haha, I go to Iowa too, they now have a "Relaxation Techniques" class. My buddy took it and evidently its just an hour-long nap class.

Dark Horse
03-09-2009, 07:40 AM

Wow apparently Ryan Simms now has his own question.

Kyle DeLexus
03-09-2009, 08:13 AM

Change it to 50 lbs of Gumbo and BBQ and you have Glenn Dorsey, that guy can eat. Albert is probably right there with him.

Wilson8
03-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Georgia's Matthew Stafford stands out with NFL Wonderlic score
March 22, 2009

A poor score on the Wonderlic test can threaten a player's draft stock. The test, which measures problem-solving ability, features 50 questions and a 12-minute time limit. Test-takers are given one point for each correct answer. This year no player hurt himself terribly with a poor Wonderlic score. Here are some of the more interesting results.

Quarterbacks: With his pro day workout last week, Georgia's Matthew Stafford showed himself to be in a class by himself, and he also was in a class by himself among the top quarterbacks with regards to the Wonderlic. He scored 38. USC's Mark Sanchez scored 28 and Kansas State's Josh Freeman 27. All are acceptable scores for quarterbacks.

Wide receivers: NFL teams would like for receivers' test scores to be about 18, but several of the top prospects fell below that mark. Michael Crabtree of Texas Tech scored 15, Darrius Heyward-Bey of Maryland scored 14, Percy Harvin of Florida scored 12 and Hakeem Nicks of North Carolina scored 11. The test result is particularly interesting in the case of Harvin, who will have more learning to do than the others based on the offense he played in at Florida and the fact he could be used in multiple roles. Jeremy Maclin of Missouri was outstanding by comparison with a 25 test score.

Offensive tackles: None of the tackles were too far off the acceptable mark. Andre Smith of Alabama scored 17, which is borderline. Faring much better was Arizona's Eben Britton with 31. Others: Eugene Monroe of Virginia had 24, Jason Smith of Baylor 23 and Michael Oher of Mississippi 19.

Linebackers: Three linebackers from USC could be chosen in the first round, but probably not in the order of their Wonderlic scores. Clay Matthews scored 27, Brian Cushing 23 and Rey Maualuga 15. Maualuga's score is slightly troubling considering he likely will be a middle linebacker who is asked to call the defenses.

Defensive backs: Two scores stood out. Maryland cornerback Kevin Barnes scored 41, and Western Michigan safety Louis Delmas scored 12. One front office man said he was not concerned about Delmas' score because he plays smart. Delmas still could be the first safety chosen.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-22-pompei-scout-mar22,0,7151782.story

Infidel Goat
03-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Quarterbacks: With his pro day workout last week, Georgia's Matthew Stafford showed himself to be in a class by himself, and he also was in a class by himself among the top quarterbacks with regards to the Wonderlic. He scored 38. USC's Mark Sanchez scored 28 and Kansas State's Josh Freeman 27. All are acceptable scores for quarterbacks.

Does this change the way I feel about them?

Yeah... A little bit. I'm honestly a little surprised that all three of them scored that high.