PDA

View Full Version : In the unlikely (but possible) scenario that Detroit and St. Louis both take QBs...

SNR
02-25-2009, 02:16 PM
What do we do?

Everette Brown? Maybe?

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 02:17 PM
I vote for piss ourselves.

Or not turning in the card. Yes, not turning in the card. /you know who/

doomy3
02-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Curry or Raji

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Curry or Raji

I agree.

talastan
02-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Curry or Brown IMO. Nothing against Raji, but his fellow BC DL Ron Brace could be picked up with our second and would fit well at NT or DT whichever scheme we choose to run on D.

Frosty
02-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Curry.

Brown is too short, Orakpo has too many warning signs, Crabtree isn't elite, don't need a LT, Raji isn't really a need and, as mentioned before, Brace could be had later if a NT was needed.

As a complete "out of nowhere" pick - how about Heyward-Bey? :D

Crush
02-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Have Haley shit in a bucket and then draft the mythical Bucket of Shit.

the Talking Can
02-25-2009, 03:33 PM
i'll be shooting myself in the face, you do whatever you want....

crazycoffey
02-25-2009, 03:57 PM
curry

googlegoogle
02-25-2009, 04:36 PM
best defensive or offensive player available!

lol.

bdeg
02-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Curry.

Brown is too short, Orakpo has too many warning signs, Crabtree isn't elite, don't need a LT, Raji isn't really a need and, as mentioned before, Brace could be had later if a NT was needed.

As a complete "out of nowhere" pick - how about Heyward-Bey? :D

Brown is too short? For what? 3-4 OLBs don't have to be tall and he is practically 6'2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyX5mfb-eaA
THIS is the highlight video to watch.

Although, I would be fine with Curry if Pioli thinks he can be a pass-rusher. He had a 10'4 broad-jump which shows good explosion. Still has to learn pass-rush moves though and that's where Brown is exceptional.

BigChiefFan
02-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Raji or Monroe.

CupidStunt
02-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Orakpo, who's pretty underrated at this point.

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Orakpo, who's pretty underrated at this point.

Texas players rarely pan out.

See Michael Huff, Vince Young, etc.

milkman
02-25-2009, 05:36 PM

See Michael Huff, Vince Young, etc.

DJ

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2009, 05:39 PM
DJ

Definitely

Frosty
02-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Brown is too short? For what? 3-4 OLBs don't have to be tall and he is practically 6'2.

Although, I would be fine with Curry if Pioli thinks he can be a pass-rusher. He had a 10'4 broad-jump which shows good explosion. Still has to learn pass-rush moves though and that's where Brown is exceptional.

He would have to make the conversion to OLB and he's too short (< 6'2") to be a DE if the conversion fails (ie Gholston). A lot of risk at #3. Not too bad at #20.

BigChiefFan
02-25-2009, 05:52 PM

See Michael Huff, Vince Young, etc.Casey Hampton ;):evil:

bdeg
02-25-2009, 07:52 PM
He would have to make the conversion to OLB and he's too short (< 6'2") to be a DE if the conversion fails (ie Gholston). A lot of risk at #3. Not too bad at #20.

$20 says he doesn't make it out of the top twelve.

melbar
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Curry.

Where are all the people telling me I'm an idiot for saying it? Happens every other thread I mention him as a #3 choice.

bdeg
02-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Curry.

Where are all the people telling me I'm an idiot for saying it? Happens every other thread I mention him as a #3 choice.

I'll bite. What position do you want him to play in the NFL?

SNR
02-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Curry.

Where are all the people telling me I'm an idiot for saying it? Happens every other thread I mention him as a #3 choice.You're an idiot

crazycoffey
02-25-2009, 10:12 PM
I'll bite. What position do you want him to play in the NFL?

OLB or MLB in a 4-3
and
OLB or ILB in a 3-4

mayock said the same thing, BTW.....

aturnis
02-25-2009, 10:23 PM

WOW! A full 2 minutes of that video is FSU vs. Clemson. A full 2 minutes when he was legitimately blocked only a few times. Mostly against a bad RT, TE, or a RB who couldn't pick up a block to save his life. The LT was the only play I saw him work for. I did see him show some the discipline to stay home though.

I stopped watched about 3:36, get the good footage that doesn't include that Clemson game, then rave about that.

aturnis
02-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Oh, by the way. Curry, or Cassel. I've been reading a lot of different takes on Cassel. Mostly good, but the mode the day usually is talked about highly. If the Chiefs feel comfortable with it, I'd be all for it. Just trusting in Piola/Haley.

Most likely I'd like to see Curry in this situation. If we really do switch to a 3-4, Raji might be alright, but it'd be a long wait for that 3rd yr. turnout, if ever yanno! I'M SCARED! OH NO! :D

Anyway, in this situation, I'd like to see Curry, and hope to god Heyward-Bey actually fell...doubt he will though.

BigChiefFan
02-25-2009, 10:31 PM
I think Stafford, Monroe, and Raji are the top 3 picks.

ChiefsCountry
02-25-2009, 10:47 PM
I think Stafford, Monroe, and Raji are the top 3 picks.

Raji is a fucking moron no way does Pioli take him.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Raji is a ****ing moron no way does Pioli take him.

Are you saying Curry, then, under these circumstances (both QB's gone)?

BigChiefFan
02-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Raji is a ****ing moron no way does Pioli take him.
We are looking for a dominate football player, not a rocket scientist. Raji is a dominate football player. I wouldn't exactly say Sanchez' wonderlic makes him the brighest bulb in the lamp, but I don't hear jack squat about that.

doomy3
02-25-2009, 11:17 PM
We are looking for a dominate football player, not a rocket scientist. Raji is a dominate football player. I wouldn't exactly say Sanchez' wonderlic makes him the brighest bulb in the lamp, but I don't hear jack squat about that.

What was his wonderlic score?

ChiefsCountry
02-25-2009, 11:20 PM

And to quote Scott Pioli
We’re going to build a big, strong, smart, fast, tough, disciplined football team and we’re going to do that by going out and finding big, strong, smart, fast, tough, disciplined football players

BigChiefFan
02-25-2009, 11:31 PM
And to quote Scott PioliYes, I'm sure Randy Moss is a genuis. I would say he is referring to being a smart FOOTBALL PLAYER. In other words, KNOWING the game and having passion for the game enough to want to STUDY film and the playbook and IMPROVE in every facet of the game. Studying game film is a big part of that. Players can't get by on athletisism alone is how I interpret that.

doomy3
02-25-2009, 11:40 PM

What was his wonderlic score?

What is it? Can you expand on what you were saying?

ChiefsCountry
02-25-2009, 11:44 PM
What is it? Can you expand on what you were saying?

Sanchez had 3.4 or 3.6 at USC. Its on one of those interviews somewere. Thats not to bad.

Reerun_KC
02-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Sanchez had 3.4 or 3.6 at USC. Its on one of those interviews somewere. Thats not to bad.

That is a "B" average....

bdeg
02-26-2009, 12:26 AM
WOW! A full 2 minutes of that video is FSU vs. Clemson. A full 2 minutes when he was legitimately blocked only a few times. Mostly against a bad RT, TE, or a RB who couldn't pick up a block to save his life. The LT was the only play I saw him work for. I did see him show some the discipline to stay home though.

I stopped watched about 3:36, get the good footage that doesn't include that Clemson game, then rave about that.

The highlights are what they are. I specified that tape because they don't focus on slomo hits of the qb, but show you every great snap start to finish. If you can't see the talent there I can't help you. Period. He's so explosive, so good at shedding blocks. Did you not see that perfect spin move where by the time he had spun he was already by the tackle's right side, with his hand controlling the tackle's arm, pushing it out of the way? That's Jared-Allen level block-shedding I saw. Insane coordination. I also liked when he knocked the Wisconsin RT flat on his ass. I could go on and on, lots of great pas-rush moves.

edit: skip to 6:20 to see the good spin move. Keep your eyes on the OT's right arm.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyX5mfb-eaA

He also bull-rushes a guard, pushing him back 4 yards before throwing him to the ground on the next play.

pps. having re-read your post, don't knock it til ya watch it

bdeg
02-26-2009, 12:29 AM
OLB or MLB in a 4-3
and
OLB or ILB in a 3-4

mayock said the same thing, BTW.....I'd be cool with him becoming a rush backer. ILB would be a waste.

bdeg
02-26-2009, 12:31 AM
That is a "B" average....

It's half A's, half B's....

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 12:38 AM
It's half A's, half B's....

Well he is smarter than I am, I had a 3.35 in college...

melbar
02-26-2009, 01:45 AM
You're an idiot

nice point...

well put...

I love these scholarly discussions.

ChiefRon
02-26-2009, 01:53 AM
This is my biggest fear. Both potential franchise QBs off the board.

I would probably have to go Curry, unless Brown or Orakpo stood out above him for our scheme.

And in this scenario, I would also be hoping we worked out a deal for Cassel while still not giving up too much...

SNR
02-26-2009, 10:38 AM
nice point...

well put...

I love these scholarly discussions.

You asked. I delivered.

eazyb81
02-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Completely depends on what we want to do with our defense.

If Pioli is set on transitioning to the 3-4 either this year or next year, then you have to get your edge rusher. Without that pass rushing demon, the 3-4 just doesn't work.

Also, you have to see what the consensus is on Curry. Can he play the edge in a 3-4, or is he better suited for the inside? Taking a 3-4 inside LB with a top 5 pick would be horrible IMO.

So, if we want to go 3-4, I say Everette Brown makes the most sense, unless you think Curry has the potential to play that role as well or better than Brown.

If you hate both of them, then Raji could be an option, but taking a 3-4 nose that early seems like a bit of a waste to me.

bdeg
02-26-2009, 11:26 AM

If Pioli is set on transitioning to the 3-4 either this year or next year, then you have to get your edge rusher. Without that pass rushing demon, the 3-4 just doesn't work.

Also, you have to see what the consensus is on Curry. Can he play the edge in a 3-4, or is he better suited for the inside? Taking a 3-4 inside LB with a top 5 pick would be horrible IMO.

So, if we want to go 3-4, I say Everette Brown makes the most sense, unless you think Curry has the potential to play that role as well or better than Brown.

If you hate both of them, then Raji could be an option, but taking a 3-4 nose that early seems like a bit of a waste to me.

Well said. Raji scares me because he wasn't rated that highly until the senior bowl. Curry's broadjump says he may have the explosion to beat OT's, but it's a pretty big gamble compared to someone like Brown who has been fighting them for years. I guess I haven't seen enough of Curry to know if he can make that transition yet.

htismaqe
02-26-2009, 02:49 PM

Isn't Raji considered more of a 3-technique? Have to admit I'm not well-informed on him...

SBK
02-26-2009, 03:02 PM
If the 2 QB's come off the board before we pick we might as well bend over and grab our ankles.

ChiefsCountry
02-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Honestly this might be the only situation where Cassell looks like a legit option.

SBK
02-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Honestly this might be the only situation where Cassell looks like a legit option.

No, he still doesn't.

htismaqe
02-26-2009, 03:46 PM
No, he still doesn't.

Thank you for saying it for me.

SBK
02-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Thank you for saying it for me.

Welcome back, I saw you on here and signed back in for the first time since October.

eazyb81
02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Isn't Raji considered more of a 3-technique? Have to admit I'm not well-informed on him...

Well he's 330 lbs so most people have him pegged as a nose tackle, at least that's how I view him.

htismaqe
02-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Well he's 330 lbs so most people have him pegged as a nose tackle, at least that's how I view him.

He's big, I know that.

But I though he struggled with 2-gap assignments. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

htismaqe
02-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Nevermind, I was cornfused.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/BJ-Raji.php

aturnis
02-26-2009, 06:38 PM
No, he still doesn't.

I don't know. Still grabbing at straws I think. Who knows if he would succeed? I think Pioli has a good idea.

If this were the move, we likely would only swap 1st rounders with the Pats. In this case, we at least get a young QB with potential to compete w/ the young QB w/ potential we already have. Hopefully, in this case, we'd get Cassel and a pick for our pick to help justify the move.

So we'd have 2 young QB's w/ potential, and still have a pick in the first round, w/ a pick in every other round. Not to mention possible compensatory picks.

The lower first round pick might be a much better value, and cost a lot less. We could go ANY position we want at #23, while we can only go QB, WR, RB, LT, or DE with #3. Beings the consensus is that there are no DE's, WR, RB's worth the #3, we already have a LT, and the top two QB's are gone. Not to mention..."You don't take a LB in the top 5!". This seems like the best possible play.

ChiefBrad
02-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Curry will be a nice addition. Why not take the best athlete in the draft.

SBK
02-26-2009, 11:52 PM
I don't know. Still grabbing at straws I think. Who knows if he would succeed? I think Pioli has a good idea.

If this were the move, we likely would only swap 1st rounders with the Pats. In this case, we at least get a young QB with potential to compete w/ the young QB w/ potential we already have. Hopefully, in this case, we'd get Cassel and a pick for our pick to help justify the move.

So we'd have 2 young QB's w/ potential, and still have a pick in the first round, w/ a pick in every other round. Not to mention possible compensatory picks.

The lower first round pick might be a much better value, and cost a lot less. We could go ANY position we want at #23, while we can only go QB, WR, RB, LT, or DE with #3. Beings the consensus is that there are no DE's, WR, RB's worth the #3, we already have a LT, and the top two QB's are gone. Not to mention..."You don't take a LB in the top 5!". This seems like the best possible play.

People that like Cassel are the ones who think fantasy stats are important.

How is a noodle armed QB going to do without:
1. A great O-line
2. Randy Moss
3. Wes Welker

We have none of the above. We already have Cassel, his name is Thigpen.