PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper's top QB's after the combine...

Coogs
02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
From over at the ESPN site. They just had QB's and RB's available for free, the rest you have to be an insider.

Quarterbacks
1. *Matthew Stafford, Georgia
2. *Mark Sanchez, USC
3. *Josh Freeman, Kansas State
4. *Nate Davis, Ball State
5. Pat White, West Virginia

Stafford is worthy of being the No. 1 pick in the draft, while Sanchez is definitely one of the top five to eight players available. If he slides to the 10th spot or later, he'll qualify as a major steal. Had he returned to USC for his final season of collegiate eligibility, Sanchez more than likely would have been the top pick in the 2010 draft.

Coogs
02-26-2009, 01:27 PM
The top 5 defensive ends were also available...

Defensive ends
1. Brian Orakpo, Texas
2. *Aaron Maybin, Penn State
3. *Everette Brown, Florida State
4. Tyson Jackson, LSU
5. Robert Ayers, Tennessee

BigCatDaddy
02-26-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't remember what he had before but I think White getting in there is new. He probably replaced Bomar or someone like that.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Where's Bomar?

LMAO

Mr. Laz
02-26-2009, 01:30 PM
picking Orakpo would worry the hell out of me

Coogs
02-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Stafford is worthy of being the No. 1 pick in the draft, while Sanchez is definitely one of the top five to eight players available. If he slides to the 10th spot or later, he'll qualify as a major steal. Had he returned to USC for his final season of collegiate eligibility, Sanchez more than likely would have been the top pick in the 2010 draft.

If Sanchez had stayed in school, hopefully we would not have had the chance to draft him at that #1 spot. But we may have a chance to draft him this season at the #3 spot. Worth the risk IMO.

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 01:47 PM
That's a sad ass group of top DE's.

DeezNutz
02-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Where's Bomar?

LMAO

The class is so shallow that Kiper listed only 4.

White at 5. Yeah.

htismaqe
02-26-2009, 02:48 PM
The top 5 defensive ends were also available...

Defensive ends
1. Brian Orakpo, Texas
2. *Aaron Maybin, Penn State
3. *Everette Brown, Florida State
4. Tyson Jackson, LSU
5. Robert Ayers, Tennessee

Yuck.

Dicky McElephant
02-26-2009, 02:50 PM
"Had he returned to USC for his final season of collegiate eligibility, Sanchez more than likely would have been the top pick in the 2010 draft."

I don't get this. What was he supposed to learn in college that he can't learn in the NFL by sitting a year? If a team is drafting him in the top 5.....then it's in their best interest to sit him for a year and build the team around him....not thrusting him into the starting lineup just because he was a 1st round pick.

SBK
02-26-2009, 02:58 PM
In my humble opinion he's left out Pat White.

milkman
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Yuck.

Who the hell are you?

Good to see you.

milkman
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
"Had he returned to USC for his final season of collegiate eligibility, Sanchez more than likely would have been the top pick in the 2010 draft."

I don't get this. What was he supposed to learn in college that he can't learn in the NFL by sitting a year? If a team is drafting him in the top 5.....then it's in their best interest to sit him for a year and build the team around him....not thrusting him into the starting lineup just because he was a 1st round pick.

I could not possibly agree more.

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 03:39 PM

I think there is a difference in learning the speed of the NFL by sitting on the bench for a year and what you learn by actually taking snaps in college and gaining more game experience that way. IMO they are two different things.

By playing more teams get a better appreciation of what he can and can't do, his response in different game situations and whether he can withstand the rigors of the NFL and take hits and not break down.

SBK
02-26-2009, 03:44 PM
I could not possibly agree more.

Me too.

SBK
02-26-2009, 03:44 PM
I think there is a difference in learning the speed of the NFL by sitting on the bench for a year and what you learn by actually taking snaps in college and gaining more game experience that way. IMO they are two different things.

By playing more teams get a better appreciation of what he can and can't do, his response in different game situations and whether he can withstand the rigors of the NFL and take hits and not break down.

You can learn at college speed, or NFL speed. I know which I prefer.

Dicky McElephant
02-26-2009, 04:59 PM

It's not like the dude is never going to take a practice snap.