PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Defenbaugh trash haulers wont take TVs. What do you do?

googlegoogle
02-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Costs in Johnson county-

Defenbaugh - $25 per item on a sceduled day ! WTF

Johnson county landfill - $28 per load. $60 for truck load.

Remember the days these guys would actually haul your trash.

Anyone think this is a ripoff.

Any trash haulers do it for less?

Demonpenz
02-26-2009, 03:49 PM
I smashed mine to shit then broke it up put it in a sack :shrug:

jAZ
02-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Call an electronics recycler. They take anything with a plug and it won't end up in a landfill.

jAZ
02-26-2009, 03:50 PM
http://www.recyclespot.org/electronics.asp

Blindside58
02-26-2009, 03:51 PM
cough... cough.... nearest apartment complex dumpster.. cough.. cough ..

Stewie
02-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Put your TV out, they'll take it. They took a 27" three weeks ago with my regular trash.

Stewie
02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Most cities have a big trash day once or twice a year.

sedated
02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
just leave it on the side of the road (not near your house). it is now someone else's problem.

Stewie
02-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Call an electronics recycler. They take anything with a plug and it won't end up in a landfill.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

They pick out a few parts and the other 99% goes in the landfill.

googlegoogle
02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
You guys rock !

Just seems morally wrong for these guys to nickel and dime you for specific types of trash if it's nontoxic.

Makes me if these guys collude with local government to get us.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
That's what I loved about living in Concord NC. I left a fucking refrigerator outside next to my trash can one day and they hauled that bitch off with the rest of it.

They'd come by once a month and pick up leaves and branches and shit. They were great.

Chief_in_Commander
02-26-2009, 04:00 PM
That's awesome. I f'n hate our trash system, 2 bags once a week unless you buy "stickers" for a dollar a piece. It's a joke to say the least, I live with a brother and a friend and a brother's friend so we have a lot of trash and it's absurd we can't just put 5 bags out there......

Demonpenz
02-26-2009, 04:03 PM
if you stretched the average mans trash together it would reach the moon in just one week

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-26-2009, 04:04 PM
I've hated Deffenbaugh since the day they took over trash service here, those pricks are so goddamn picky about what they will take. They won't even take a box filled with trash, it has to be in a can or bag. WTF?

That's awesome. I f'n hate our trash system, 2 bags once a week unless you buy "stickers" for a dollar a piece. It's a joke to say the least, I live with a brother and a friend and a brother's friend so we have a lot of trash and it's absurd we can't just put 5 bags out there......
Ever heard of recycling? That can greatly reduce the amount of trash you generate.

Blindside58
02-26-2009, 04:08 PM
I've hated Deffenbaugh since the day they took over trash service here, those pricks are so goddamn picky about what they will take. They won't even take a box filled with trash, it has to be in a can or bag. WTF?

Ever heard of recycling? That can greatly reduce the amount of trash you generate.

Defenbaugh does suck. My neighbor put a friendly note on a bag that stated it was a bit heavy and to be careful...but it obviously was not heavy enough to bust the bag. Defenbaugh put a sticker back on the bag that said it exceeded their weight limit and left it on his driveway.

Simply Red
I hate big trash haulers.

Bacon Cheeseburger
Oh, here's a great Deffenbaugh story. One windy day one of my trash cans blew over, and it blew one bag of trash across the sidewalk about six feet away from the trash can. Think those lazy fucking bastards walked over to pick it up? FUCK NO.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Defenbaugh does suck. My neighbor put a friendly note on a bag that stated it was a bit heavy and to be careful...but it obviously was not heavy enough to bust the bag. Defenbaugh put a sticker back on the bag that said it exceeded their weight limit and left it on his driveway.
I'm surprised they even put a sticker on it telling you why, usually they just leave stuff with no explanation and you're left to guess what was wrong with it. One time I swept some leaves up out of the garage and dumped them into a trashcan, and they ended up leaving the entire can of garbage. Later I found out it was because you're not supposed to mix yard waste in with your garbage. We're talking about maybe 20 leaves in with a couple bags of trash. :rolleyes:

BWillie
02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
I smashed mine to shit then broke it up put it in a sack :shrug:

Good idea. If you put enough shit out there, maybe they won't notice it. In my experience Deffanbaugh takes literally everything. When I was in Texas for a month for work, my lazy roommates had not taken the trash out for four weeks. I've never seen so much trash in my life and it was equivalent to 15-20 bags and they took it all.

PastorMikH
02-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Do you have a pickup truck?

If so, stick it in the back of the truck, park the truck down town, let someone steal the TV.

Stewie
02-26-2009, 04:18 PM

That's not Deffenbaugh. That's the contract Kansas City negotiated with Deffenbaugh.

penguinz
02-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Best Buy will take them. They charge $10 then give you a $10 gift card.

blueballs
02-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Do you have a pickup truck?

If so, stick it in the back of the truck, park the truck down town, let someone steal the TV.

pastor :evil:

googlegoogle
02-26-2009, 04:28 PM

It's just a con to make you pay them.

Anyone know how they got 'elected' to take our trash. Bunch of thieving shysters if you ask me. Not real market system to who we choose to take our trash. Seems like a monopoly. Illegal one.

googlegoogle
02-26-2009, 04:30 PM
That's not Deffenbaugh. That's the contract Kansas City negotiated with Deffenbaugh.

:doh!: :cuss:

Hydrae
02-26-2009, 04:36 PM
It's just a con to make you pay them.

Anyone know how they got 'elected' to take our trash. Bunch of thieving shysters if you ask me. Not real market system to who we choose to take our trash. Seems like a monopoly. Illegal one.

A couple of years ago we went from 3 trash services to choose from to a single one that we pay through the city. The reason they gave was to cut down on the number of heavy trucks driving on neighborhood streets and thus less wear and tear on those roads.

wild1
02-26-2009, 04:38 PM
freecycle, a goodwill store in your area, or give it to a neighborhood church or school

Brock
02-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Sometimes they'll have a community dump off day for electronic junk. It's usually in the spring, so keep an eye out.

stlchiefs
02-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Take it to anywhere near Rockhurst Univ (54th and Troost/Paseo) and set it out on the curb on trash day. Someone will "claim" it. Best Buy is another good option.

Molitoth
02-26-2009, 05:09 PM
I threw an old TV in a bonfire and the f'er blew up sky high,... it was badass until the fire department showed up.

Bwana
02-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Wait until after midnight and stick it on a neighbors back deck. You know, the guy in every neighborhood that everyone thinks is a dickweed. If he's a real prick, put it on top of his hood. :)

stlchiefs
02-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Wait until after midnight and stick it on a neighbors back deck. You know, the guy in every neighborhood that everyone thinks is a dickweed. If he's a real prick, put it on top of his hood. :)

Or behind his car on the passenger side, so he doesn't see it until he gets out to figure out what the hell he just hit. :evil:

You can always wait until fall and bury it in your leaf pile for protective purposes.

Bwana
02-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Or behind his car on the passenger side, so he doesn't see it until he gets out to figure out what the hell he just hit. :evil:

You can always wait until fall and bury it in your leaf pile for protective purposes.

Saaaaaaaaaaay! Now you're talking.

aturnis
02-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Recycle it? Take it to Goodwill for some other poor family to use.

If it doesn't work...take it to Goodwill, they have a recycling program, they take old computers and equipment to recycle too. If that's what you want to do with it...they will not put it on shelves.

cabletech94
02-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Costs in Johnson county-

Defenbaugh - $25 per item on a sceduled day ! WTF

Johnson county landfill - $28 per load. $60 for truck load.

Remember the days these guys would actually haul your trash.

Anyone think this is a ripoff.

Any trash haulers do it for less?

Move to a cooler town.

Goldmember
02-26-2009, 06:46 PM
take it to Best Buy, they'll take up to two a day

Iowanian
02-26-2009, 08:04 PM
It costs them more to get rid of electronics. They have to pay to have appliances cleaned of capaciters and whatnot.

landfill prices are going up exponentially, landfills are getting pickier about what they'll take and how. Its all relative.

I mean....good google man, don't you care about global warming and the environment? $28 is a bargain for our children's future!

stlchiefs
02-26-2009, 08:38 PM
take it to Best Buy, they'll take up to two a day

If they say they won't take it, just leave it sitting out front by the door on your way out. What are the going to do?

mdstu
02-26-2009, 09:23 PM
I know alot of junk haulers frequent craigslist.
You can get rid of anything there.

DJ's left nut
02-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Put it on the sidewalk with a 'free' sign on it.

When that doesn't work, put a sign on it that says '$10' and someone will still that MFer in a heartbeat.

Did it twice in Kirksville with a couch and a dryer. Nobody wanted them with the 'free' sign on them but both were gone by the next morning when we put the $10 sign on them. I guess someone would rather steal stuff than have it given to them. Honest day's labor and what not...