PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock: Chiefs’ All-Pro guard Waters wants out of Kansas City

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tribal Warfare
02-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Chiefs’ All-Pro guard Waters wants out of Kansas City (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1057650.html)
By JASON WHITLOCK
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs Pro Bowl guard Brian Waters asked the organization Thursday to release or trade him this offseason, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Waters asked for his release two days after a brief meeting with new head coach Todd Haley and after being told by first-time general manager Scott Pioli that he had no interest in meeting with Waters, the source said.

Waters, according to the source, was offended and shocked by the arrogance of Haley and Pioli. Waters’ meeting with Haley and follow-up phone conversations confirmed in the nine-year vet’s mind that the negative reports about Haley that he heard from Arizona Cardinals players while at the Pro Bowl were accurate, according to the source.

The Cardinals players told Waters and tight end Tony Gonzalez that Haley, Arizona’s offensive coordinator, was aloof, condescending and ignored by veterans, the source said. Anquan Boldin, Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald Jr. — Arizona’s offensive stars — were all members of the NFC Pro Bowl team.

Haley could not be reached for comment Thursday night. Haley bickered with Boldin and Warner during the NFC championship game. And when he was an assistant with the Cowboys, Haley had several run-ins with flamboyant receiver Terrell Owens.

The source said when Waters informed Haley of his desire to relocate, Kansas City’s coach scolded Waters and indicated that the Chiefs would not release Waters from his contract. Waters signed a seven-year contract extension with the Chiefs in 2005. Waters, a four-time Pro Bowler, is 32 and would seemingly have decent trade value.

Waters declined public comment on Thursday.

He is the second high-priced Chiefs offensive star to ask for his release. Running back Larry Johnson has repeatedly asked to be let go. All-pro tight end Tony Gonzalez expressed disappointment when coach Herm Edwards was fired and has stated he will take a wait-and-see approach with the new regime.

Waters’ dissatisfaction is surprising given his reputation as a locker-room leader and his dedication to the organization. Waters is heavily involved in charitable activity in the Kansas City community and was a finalist for the NFL’s 2008 Man of the Year Award.

According to the source, Waters flew to Kansas City specifically to meet with Haley and Pioli and hear their plan for the direction of the organization. Pioli declined to meet with Waters, saying they had nothing to discuss, the source said. And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said.

Waters considered his options Wednesday, flew to Dallas and then tried reaching owner Clark Hunt and Pioli before telling Haley on Thursday that he felt their differences were irreconcible, the source said.

Waters joined the Chiefs in 2000 and became a starter in 2001.

CaliforniaChief
02-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh dear God.

doomy3
02-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Wow. Pretty telling about what we can expect from Haley IMO.

Douche Baggins
02-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Boo hoo, Waters. There's no head coach here to coddle you.

Woodrow Call
02-26-2009, 11:09 PM
LMAO

btlook1
02-26-2009, 11:09 PM
I hope this is just Fatlock blowing again....We need Waters he's the best O lineman that we have right now!

Douche Baggins
02-26-2009, 11:10 PM
BOO HOO WATERS.

BOO FUCKING HOO.

SIX MONTHS AGO YOU WERE BLOWING HERM EDWARDS.

STFU

AND

STFD

philfree
02-26-2009, 11:11 PM
We're drafting an O.T. .....:)

PhilFree:arrow:

CaliforniaChief
02-26-2009, 11:11 PM
"And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said."

Epic smack...

Fruit Ninja
02-26-2009, 11:12 PM
I really dont care about this. Imo, he hasnt looked good since Big Willie retired. He is getting beat alot the last 2 years. I know the rest of the guys suck, but i have seen him beat quite a few times. If he wants to go, later.

QuikSsurfer
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/gifs/2zqh05v.gif

RUSH
Why should Pioli personally meet with him to discuss the state of the team? He is an employee signed to a contract. He doesn't have to disclose anything to Waters.

unothadeal
02-26-2009, 11:13 PM
LMAO

doomy3
02-26-2009, 11:13 PM
"And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said."

Epic smack...

Damn. That's pretty crazy.

Douche Baggins
02-26-2009, 11:14 PM
He's absolutely right, though.

Why does Waters deserve special treatment?

Because he made a fucking Pro Bowl?

Fuck Brian Waters.

QuikSsurfer
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/l_f89b2b60d2d195b4679499ec07437e9e.gif

Sure-Oz
I thought Mr. waters was supposed to be "All class"

STFU

Woodrow Call
I'm so damned tired of players like Waters and TG crying and whining all the damned time. They have been coddled by Herm and DV types for too damn long.

Win SOMETHING or shut the hell up.

Douche Baggins
02-26-2009, 11:15 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT AND FEAR THIS MAN, BRIAN WATERS.

http://www.azcentral.com/i/sized/3/C/2/e298/j350/PHP4835EEA4582C3.jpg

EyePod
Wow, Herm seems like one of those mothers who let their kids get away with anything, and now that his players are living with someone else, they're having a hard time adjusting to the new rules and the fact that they aren't the most important part. They need to stop being fucking babies and realize that this is a TEAM.

Woodrow Call

Epic smack...

I love Todd Haley

BigChiefFan
02-26-2009, 11:16 PM
If we can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him, we should do it. This is a good year for O-lineman.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-26-2009, 11:16 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/chalkitdown/TV%20Shows/Entourage/arigtfo.gif

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-26-2009, 11:17 PM
I have to agree with Rush. Why would Hunt or Pioli care what Waters has to say?

No playoff wins since 1993. There isn't anyone on the team THAT important any more.

Work your butts off, win some games, we'll take you more seriously.

CaliforniaChief
02-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Damn. That's pretty crazy.

Yeah, how does this happen?

WATERS: "Hi Todd, just wanted to check in and see h..."
HALEY: "22 players on the street could have won 2 games."
WATERS: "I'm shocked and offended."
HALEY: "What's your name?"
WATERS: "I'm gonna tell Jason Whitlock on you. Veterans are respected around here, ya know."
HALEY: "Sorry man. Herm's gone. Veterans aren't respected around here any more...they're released."

unothadeal
Fuck Brian Waters.

Douche Baggins
GOD Haley has some balls. I love the bastard.

Sure-Oz
02-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm sure Brian was pushing to have thiggy be the starter

Basileus777
02-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Oh Christ Waters....

This whole fucking team is full of cry-babies.

ChiefRon
02-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Damn, has this organization done an about face or what?

unothadeal
02-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Seriously, fuck Brian Waters.

cdcox
02-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Is "22 guys off the street could win two games" the new "STFD and STFU"?

doomy3
02-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Rotoworld picked this up:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1371

Brian Waters-G- Chiefs Feb. 27 - 1:17 am et

Chiefs LG Brian Waters has reportedly asked the organization to release or trade him this offseason.
Waters reportedly had a sit-down with head coach Todd Haley recently after being told GM Scott Pioli would not meet with him one-on-one. A four-time Pro Bowler and two-time All Pro, Waters was "shocked by the arrogance" of the Chiefs' new regime, which told him his demand would not be honored.
Source: Kansas City Star

Sure-Oz
Waters is so butthurt

'Hamas' Jenkins
I wanted to use that .gif for fun, but there is a lot more to this story than what Whitlock is telling.

It comes off like Waters either has a major axe to grind, or that Haley is the world's biggest cocksucker. Now, I'm not trying to be a turd in the punch bowl, but Haley better realize that he can't act like Benito Mangini or Adolf Coughlin without results.

At the same time, he can't let veterans walk all over him.

I don't know how things went down, but it probably should have gone down like this:

Coach: Look Brian, we know that you've been a fixture here for a long time, but things have to change. No one deserves the benefit of the doubt on a team that won six games over two years. If you don't like that, that's your problem, but we're going to build a team, not a collection of individuals that need to suckle our teats.

Sure-Oz
02-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Is "22 guys off the street could win two games" the new "STFD and STFU"?

I thought that was a hilarious answer

ChiefRon
02-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Actually, Haley's probably right about that. Anybody catch the lineup Gretz put together of the FAs?

Could these guys win 2 games?

WR – Laveranues Coles had 70 catches for 850 yards and seven touchdowns for the Jets; Marvin Harrison had 60 catches for 636 yards and five touchdowns for the Colts.

TE – Chris Baker caught 21 passes for 194 yards for the Jets.

OT – Ephraim Salaam played in 14 games for the Texans; Kwame Harris played 13 games with the Raiders.

G – Jeremy Bridges played in 14 games for the Panthers.

C — open

QB – Trent Green threw for 525 yards for the Rams; Damon Huard threw for 477 yards for the Chiefs

RB – Warrick Dunn ran 186 times for 786 yards with the Buccaneers

FB – Justin Griffith caught nine passes for 85 yards and a touchdown with the Raiders

DE—Anthony Weaver had 43 tackles and one interception in 16 games for the Texans; Kalimba Edwards had five sacks in 15 games for the Raiders

DT — open

LB – Derrick Brooks had 111 tackles, one interception and one forced fumble for the Bucs; Cato June had 104 tackles and one interception for the Bucs; Marcus Washington had 40 tackles in nine games with the Redskins.

CB – Chris McAlister had 19 tackles, three interceptions and a fumble recovery for the Ravens; Dre Bly had 62 tackles, two interceptions and one forced fumble for the Broncos.

S – Gibril Wilson had two interceptions in 16 games for the Raiders; Will Demps had 30 tackles in eight games for the Texans.

SBK
02-26-2009, 11:25 PM
I officially have a man crush on Todd Haley.

"I want to discuss the direction of the team"

"22 guys off the street can win 2 games."

HAHAHAHAHAHA, Waters got pwnt.

doomy3
I wanted to use that .gif for fun, but there is a lot more to this story than what Whitlock is telling.

It comes off like Waters either has a major axe to grind, or that Haley is the world's biggest one who sucks the penis. Now, I'm not trying to be a turd in the punch bowl, but Haley better realize that he can't act like Benito Mangini or Adolf Coughlin without results.

At the same time, he can't let veterans walk all over him.

I don't know how things went down, but it probably should have gone down like this:

Coach: Look Brian, we know that you've been a fixture here for a long time, but things have to change. No one deserves the benefit of the doubt on a team that won six games over two years. If you don't like that, that's your problem, but we're going to build a team, not a collection of individuals that need to suckle our teats.

I fully agree with that. You can't be a total dick to a player for no reason.

tk13
Sucks for Waters, understand where he's coming from, but I can't see any player under Parcells or Belichick being allowed to sit down and talk about the "direction" of the team.

DeezNutz
02-26-2009, 11:26 PM
ROFL Off the street. ROFL

No hugs and tears at 1 Arrowhead anymore.

"According to a source." Nice code for Waters.

I'd imagine that some will freak out, though, about the possibility of losing a Pro-Bowl Guard. If we lose a G and a TE in the same off-season?!?

I'd be shocked if Haley went full asshole for no reason, however. Seems strange.

BigChiefFan
02-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Time for operation clean sweep. Gonzo, Waters, and LJ can all turn in their playbooks as far as I'm concerned. Take the picks, take the cap hit and cut our losses and move on. Enough of their utter disregard for the team concept. No wonder we haven't been winning... the superstars of the team, aren't fucking team players. Wishes granted, QUITTERS.

doomy3
02-26-2009, 11:28 PM
ROFL Off the street. ROFL

No hugs and tears at 1 Arrowhead anymore.

"According to a source." Nice code for Waters.

I'd imagine that some will freak out, though, about the possibility of losing a Pro-Bowl Guard. If we lose a G and a TE in the same off-season?!?

I'd be shocked if Haley went full asshole for no reason, however. Seems strange.

Truth is though, we lose Waters, TG and LJ all in one offseason, and we may truly see if 22 guys off the street can win more than 2 games.

Sure-Oz
02-26-2009, 11:29 PM
The patriot way is all about team, not individual BS

Waters will find out the direction with everyone else

CaliforniaChief
Did Nick "Assclown" Athan give Waters his key-card to get past the new amped-up security at 1 Arrowhead? How on earth did that meeting even happen?

Either way, there's "no situation" here. He's a Chief and he's under contract. Have fun riding in coach on the team flights and sitting together with LJ on the bench during the games next year.

SBK
What's hilarious about Waters wanting to sit down and discuss the direction of the team is that by the time we're good he's too old anyway.

RUSH
02-26-2009, 11:30 PM
I fully agree with that. You can't be a total dick to a player for no reason.

But you can be a dick to a player who thinks he is entitled to know the direction of the team, because he made a pro bowl on a 2 win team. It sure sounds like he didn't make an appointment either, and that he just showed up. Very rude thing to do. Who the hell does he think he is? Take your paycheck and shutup

DeezNutz
Truth is though, we lose Waters, TG and LJ all in one offseason, and we may truly see if 22 guys off the street can win more than 2 games.

LJ is a non-issue, IMO. But Waters and Gonzo would definitely sting in the short term.

Gonzo would be especially useful for a young QB.

Reaper16
"22 players off the street could win two games."

Christ almighty, do I like our new head coach. Hell yeah.

DaWolf
First, this article is by Whitlock so half of it is probably BS or very exaggerated.

Second, good. This is why this organization never got anywhere, players think that they need to have input into how the team is put together. Do your damn job, and let the big boys do theirs. I don't just get to walk into my CEO's office and ask what's up with the company...

doomy3
02-26-2009, 11:31 PM
But you can be a dick to a player who thinks he is entitled to know the direction of the team, because he made a pro bowl on a 2 win team. It sure sounds like he didn't make an appointment either, and that he just showed up. Very rude thing to do. Who the hell does he think he is? Take your paycheck and shutup

Like Hamas said, this is just part of the story. Who knows what else happened leading up to this. It is weird that him and Haley were having some conversation in the hallway and Haley makes the line about 22 players. The whole thing seems strange.

FAX
02-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Wow.

My first reaction was, "Damn. Waters is a good guy (one of our locker room leaders) and they pissed him off for no reason!" Then, I started thinking about all the changes that are necessary here in order to turn things around. Pioli and Haley have an enormous task ahead of them. Good management practices aside, they have their hands full with little time to give meetings to an offensive guard regarding the future direction of the team - a direction they probably don't have nailed down yet.

The stunning aspect of this is the difference in philosophies. Uncle Dick and Herm would have given Waters a soda and a hug. It appears that hugs will be few and far between in this regime. Still, in this day and age it's important to demonstrate respect throughout the food chain. People expect it. From that perspective, it's a little worrisome.

FAX

Frosty
So Waters flew to KC on the eve of free agency, with Pioli and Haley still evaluating the team and wanted them to drop everything to talk to him? :spock:

"Sorry Brian. We're a little busy at the moment."

doomy3
This does sound very familiar to what Parcells is known for though...

This is very similar to Jason Taylor last year

kcchiefsus
I like it but I hope this is smoothed over, as well as issues with some of our other malcontents. We already have enough needs without adding left guard and tight end to the list.

God this team seriously sucks ass. But yeah, i'm sure we can do it entirely through the draft /rolls eyes

Douche Baggins
First, this article is by Whitlock so half of it is probably BS or very exaggerated.

You say his sources were lying?

This is not a typical whitlock article. It's almost as if he is playing reporter instead of columnist.

Christofire
02-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Sure sounds like Whitlock is firing up a little anti-Pioli propaganda here:

Waters asked for his release two days after a brief meeting with new head coach Todd Haley and after being told by first-time general manager Scott Pioli that he had no interest in meeting with Waters, the source said.

The fact that he goes to the effort to tag him as a "first-time GM" says to me that his next article is going to rip Pioli for not having the experience to recognize how his attitude/actions are going to hurt the team, blah blah blah. How ironic ... Whitlock spends years and years and years ripping Carl for arrogance, etc., and now within two months, he's already on the same path with Pioli.

Reaper16
02-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Every player on the Chiefs roster needs to buy into the TEAM concept. Haley clearly intends to coach a team, not a group of individuals.

I mean, I love Waters and all. But this story only has me feeling optimistic.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-26-2009, 11:36 PM
God this team seriously sucks ass. But yeah, i'm sure we can do it entirely through the draft /rolls eyes

Might as well, the guys we had last year couldn't do it, period.

No one on the Chiefs the past two years should be considered indispensable. Win and we'll take your feelings into account. Lose and go shut up and sit on the bench. :grr:

SBK

The fact that he goes to the effort to tag him as a "first-time GM" says to me that his next article is going to rip Pioli for not having the experience to recognize how his attitude/actions are going to hurt the team, blah blah blah. How ironic ... Whitlock spends years and years and years ripping Carl for arrogance, etc., and now within two months, he's already on the same path with Pioli.

Whitlock would be the guy ripping the coaches for a bad game plan the day after they won the Super Bowl.

CaliforniaChief
This does sound very familiar to what Parcells is known for though...

This is very similar to Jason Taylor last year

And look at the team's results....

Great observation. him being first-time GM has nothing to do with the story. How about 3-time Super Bowl Champion executive with a different title?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-26-2009, 11:37 PM
I just don't want this to turn into a Pete Kendall/Eric Mangini situation.

We can get rid of LJ, I don't give two shits. I do not want us to get rid of Tony in any way shape or form if we draft a QB.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-26-2009, 11:38 PM
I expect a lot of anti-Pioli articles from the KC media.

They're used to getting all these great sound bites from Carl and Herm. Now Clark, Pioli and Haley are shutting them out while they build a team. The press has their feelings hurt, so they're going to try and use the bully pulpit to force management to give them scoops.

Personally, if they win, I don't care if the coach, general manager or owner ever give another interview.

Lord knows, I'm still trying to decipher most of Herms from 2007.

KevB
02-26-2009, 11:39 PM

I'd say we have more history here with Brian Waters being a class guy than we do Haley's demeanor. A vet of Waters stature deserves a respectful answer if he asks about the direction of the team IMO. Would you rather have a team leader who went through the off-season with no concern at all about the team? I don't know what went down, but Waters has always handled himself well. If they didn't want to run their plans by him (totally understand that position), I hope he was turned away respectfully.

unothadeal
02-26-2009, 11:40 PM
This is like Jason Babin coming in and asking for a raise.

FAX
02-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Doesn't Waters have a deal with one of the local radio stations?

FAX

DeezNutz
02-26-2009, 11:41 PM
I do not want us to get rid of Tony in any way shape or form if we draft a QB.

He's nails on Sunday and would be a fantastic security blanket for a young QB. But Gonzo was whining under Herm.

I could envision a scenario where this gets amplified under the new regime, thus mitigating some, certainly not all but some, of the positive qualities that he brings to the locker room.

CaliforniaChief

We can get rid of LJ, I don't give two shits. I do not want us to get rid of Tony in any way shape or form if we draft a QB.

My only fear is that the timing of this might screw with some of our FA targets who are weighing multiple options. I still like it, though. Sometimes to change the culture you have to make an example out of someone. (i.e., Jason Taylor as has already been pointed out.)

DeezNutz
Doesn't Waters have a deal with one of the local radio stations?

FAX

In the Trenches with Brian Waters.

Regular spot with Petro on 810 during the season. Thursdays, I believe.

FAX
02-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks, Mr. DeezNutz. I want to listen to those guys tomorrow. Should be interesting.

FAX

doomy3
02-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Thanks, Mr. DeezNutz. I want to listen to those guys tomorrow. Should be interesting.

FAX

Tomorrow's Friday. His show is on Thursday.

unothadeal
02-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Tomorrow's Friday. His show is on Thursday.

FAX lives in his own universe too good for us mortals where every day is Thursday.

DeezNutz
02-26-2009, 11:46 PM

FAX

But not currently airing, Mr. FAX. This is an in-season thing.

Given Petro's relationship with Waters, I'd say it's very likely he'll be on tomorrow.

One thing that might make this problematic, however, is that Petro is currently in AZ for Royals spring training.

But I suppose the lack of a time switch doesn't affect cell service in AZ.

Tribal Warfare
02-26-2009, 11:47 PM

This all indicates KC will be doing a major overhaul again, and it's starting with the QB position. If you remember Brian is a bigtime Thigpen supporter too.

FAX
02-26-2009, 11:47 PM
True, Mr. doomy3. But those are the guys with the better relationship with Waters. They'll have something to say about this, I'm certain.

A couple of things ... First, it says that Waters "tried" to reach Clark and Pioli after returning to Dallas. Apparently Clark didn't wish to speak with him either. Also, if Waters showed up unexpectedly (assumed because Pioli didn't grant him a meeting) the day before FA begins, that's some really, really poor timing on his part. Are they supposed to drop everything to meet with him? Talk about arrogance.

FAX

Christofire
02-26-2009, 11:50 PM
The source said when Waters informed Haley of his desire to relocate, Kansas City’s coach scolded Waters and indicated that the Chiefs would not release Waters from his contract.

Not sure why, but this quote makes me laugh. I'm trying to imagine what the "scolding" was ...

Christofire
02-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Maybe this isn't all that surprising. If you look at Pioli's Patriots, they weren't afraid to give big name players the boot. Lawyer Milloy? Gone. Ty Law? Gone. Receiver guy who went to the Seahawks and I can't think of his name right now? Gone.

DeezNutz
02-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Maybe this isn't all that surprising. If you look at Pioli's Patriots, they weren't afraid to give big name players the boot. Lawyer Milloy? Gone. Ty Law? Gone. Receiver guy who went to the Seahawks and I can't think of his name right now? Gone.

Branch.

bigdreams1
02-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Am I the only one who is kind of pissed at Haley for this shit. Brian Waters has been great to Kansas City. You don't just come in and treat him like shit. I'm leaning more with Waters. If Haley keeps this shit up I am going to be extremely fucking pissed!

CaliforniaChief
02-27-2009, 12:00 AM
In the Trenches with Brian Waters.

Regular spot with Petro on 810 during the season. Thursdays, I believe.

You are correct. Interestingly enough, I found an archived podcast with Waters and Soren Petro where Petro asks for his reaction to Pioli as GM.

Petro: "Have you had the chance to meet Scott Pioli?"
Waters: "No...outside of this year to be honest with you I've never heard who the guy was."

I guess Brian still hasn't met him.

Waters: "Our record over the last two years gives cause for everyone to be gone. Players, coaches, everybody."

Petro: "Your offseason home is in Dallas. Will you plan on coming back here and trying to get to know Scott Pioli and any new people that are brought in?"

Waters: "Well again, I won't be traveling for any reason. I will make sure that any reason I come back to Kansas City between now will definitely be professionally. This part of the season is business time."

These are just a few snippets of the conversation. You can find the whole thing here:
http://www.stationcaster.com/player.php?s=26&c=373

I probably didn't capture everything verbatim but it's close.

Goldmember
02-27-2009, 12:00 AM

Epic smack...

That was pretty much what the Chiefs had last year

Christofire
02-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Branch.

LOL. Thanks! :)

blueballs
02-27-2009, 12:02 AM
They have been locked in their offices watching film
and fearing for their families having been placed
in a land of dog fuckers/killers -no time or temperment for Waters' shit

BigRock
02-27-2009, 12:03 AM
According to the source, Waters flew to Kansas City specifically to meet with Haley and Pioli and hear their plan for the direction of the organization.

Psst, BDub. Next time, you should probably CALL FIRST.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 12:05 AM
You are correct. Interestingly enough, I found an archived podcast with Waters and Soren Petro where Petro asks for his reaction to Pioli as GM.

Petro: "Have you had the chance to meet Scott Pioli?"
Waters: "No...outside of this year to be honest with you I've never heard who the guy was."

I guess Brian still hasn't met him.

Waters: "Our record over the last two years gives cause for everyone to be gone. Players, coaches, everybody."

Petro: "Your offseason home is in Dallas. Will you plan on coming back here and trying to get to know Scott Pioli and any new people that are brought in?"

Waters: "Well again, I won't be traveling for any reason. I will make sure that any reason I come back to Kansas City between now will definitely be professionally. This part of the season is business time."

These are just a few snippets of the conversation. You can find the whole thing here:
http://www.stationcaster.com/player.php?s=26&c=373

I probably didn't capture everything verbatim but it's close.

I actually remember that interview, and you've represented it admirably above.

Waters pays a decent amount of attention to what's going on in the league. This is clear from past interviews, so I'm not sure if I'm buying his "never heard of Pioli until this year" bullshit.

In retrospect, it almost seems like Waters might have had his feathers ruffled from the start with the whole regime change.

The Buddha
02-27-2009, 12:05 AM
What the f*ck is up with these players wanting to be on "winning teams?"

YOU SIGNED A FREAKING CONTRACT!!!!

A CONTRACT (in this situation) is an OBLIGATION to do something for a specific period of time for a certain team! These people are grown men making millions. SHUT UP, do your goddamn job, and go home at night to your wife and kids.

If you hate your job, get over it. So do the rest of us.

blueballs
02-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Tomorrow in the Star
Chiefs: troubled Waters recedes

Woodrow Call
02-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Am I the only one who is kind of pissed at Haley for this shit. Brian Waters has been great to Kansas City. You don't just come in and treat him like shit. I'm leaning more with Waters. If Haley keeps this shit up I am going to be extremely ****ing pissed!

Personally I see Waters as a player that has lived off reputation, not production, since Roaf left and this was his reality check. This is how the Parcells tree operates and it seems to work. Some players will respond well and become extremely loyal, the others will be sent packing.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 12:08 AM
What the f*ck is up with these players wanting to be on "winning teams?"

YOU SIGNED A FREAKING CONTRACT!!!!

A CONTRACT (in this situation) is an OBLIGATION to do something for a specific period of time for a certain team! These people are grown men making millions. SHUT UP, do your goddamn job, and go home at night to your wife and kids.

If you hate your job, get over it. So do the rest of us.

Palms up. Palms up, Buddha.

But Waters didn't know it was going to suck when he made himself more coin. And sucking is bad.

He's felt the scorn of Pioli, and hell hath no fury like a jaded guard.

chiefforlife
02-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Hey Brian, STFU!!

beach tribe
02-27-2009, 12:11 AM
This is a case of how Herm, and DV handled their top guys. They were coddled, and now everyone's butthurt that that is not going to happen anymore. Like someone else said, Pioli has a full plate right now. BW is under contract. He needs to shut his mouth, and do what he's told. There's no reason for them to drop what they're doing, and have a meeting with our LG. Good Gosh.

The Buddha
02-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Palms up. Palms up, Buddha.

But Waters didn't know it was going to suck when he made himself more coin. And sucking is bad.

He's felt the scorn of Pioli, and hell hath no fury like a jaded guard.

Well, I guess on a logical level, it doesn't matter. By the time we get to a point where all cylinders are firing, he'll be retired (or broken down).

Besides, its not like he's Will Shields or anything (snap).

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 12:13 AM
The story is incomplete until we know if they arranged a meeting or if Waters just showed up. I doubt Waters just showed up, and I doubt Pioli and Haley gave him the cold shoulder for no reason.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Well, I guess on a logical level, it doesn't matter. By the time we get to a point where all cylinders are clicking, he'll be retired (or broken down).

Besides, its not like he's Will Shields or anything (snap).

Nope.

A QB would need to make only 4 Pro-Bowls to have equal value of Waters instead of 10 to draw even with Shields.

Tiger's Fan
02-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Am I the only one who is kind of pissed at Haley for this shit. Brian Waters has been great to Kansas City. You don't just come in and treat him like shit. I'm leaning more with Waters. If Haley keeps this shit up I am going to be extremely ****ing pissed!

We want winners, not whiners. It's a new day in KC, thank god.

PS: I lost most of my respect for Brian Waters when he went to bat for that fucking idiot moron Herm.

FAX
02-27-2009, 12:18 AM
The story is incomplete until we know if they arranged a meeting or if Waters just showed up. I doubt Waters just showed up, and I doubt Pioli and Haley gave him the cold shoulder for no reason.

The article says Pioli wouldn't give him a meeting, Mr. Sam Hall. Surely, a meeting wasn't scheduled and then Pioli refused to meet ... no, it sounds like Waters just showed up on his doorstep ... the day before FA begins.

FAX

Frosty
02-27-2009, 12:18 AM
I doubt Haley just said something like "Hey Brian. How ya doin'? You know what - 22 guys off of the street could have won more than two games last year. How's that grab ya?"

I'm guessing that BW started campaigning to have things like they were last year and Haley cut it short. Waters was a big Herm and Thigpen supporter. Haley was just probably letting him know that there is a new sheriff in town.

beach tribe
02-27-2009, 12:20 AM
I also think BW has lost a step, and really don't know howhe made the PB. Seriously, Love BW, but his best days are behind him, and he's under contract anyway. His job is to block D-lineman, not discuss the future of the team.

CaliforniaChief
02-27-2009, 12:22 AM
I know I probably get negative rep. for this, but Whitlock is a Facebook friend of mine. Here's his status:

"Brian Waters wants out of Kansas City. Scott Pioli more arrogant than King Carl?"

When another person comments about how Pioli is a proven winner, Whitlock responds with: "Belichick is a proven winner. ... Until we see some proof, Pioli is Romeo Weis Mangini."

When the same friend goes off on Waters for being a wuss, Whitlock responds with:
"Ok, brandon, pioli was responsible for new england's super bowls not belichick. yeah, sure... i'm about to put you on ignore."

In other words, Whitlock's going to run the whole "Pioli's not so smart after all" article because he wouldn't meet with Waters. He's got an axe to grind, and can't find a steak to grind it into.

"

Reerun_KC
02-27-2009, 12:24 AM
We want winners, not whiners. It's a new day in KC, thank god.

PS: I lost most of my respect for Brian Waters when he went to bat for that ****ing idiot moron Herm.

This, I remember the neg rep ass ripping I took from alot of these people saying the same shit I said about Waters during and after the season. Waters was blowing Herms balls and sucking off the pathetic franchise, while not producing on the field...

Funny to see everyone that came to his rescue, all of a sudden change their tune now... Waters can go fuck himself... ANOTHER non productive crybaby gone...

smittysbar
02-27-2009, 12:25 AM
I doubt Haley just said something like "Hey Brian. How ya doin'? You know what - 22 guys off of the street could have won more than two games last year. How's that grab ya?"

I'm guessing that BW started campaigning to have things like they were last year and Haley cut it short. Waters was a big Herm and Thigpen supporter. Haley was just probably letting him know that there is a new sheriff in town.

I agree. He may have even tried to make a case for Tyler, or how he would want a loose schedule at TC. Who knows? What it looks like we do know, is one side of the story, and that side is most likely BW's. Looks to me he just used Whitlock to put the story out.

Will be interesting to see if Haley addresses this, and defends himself.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Bye bitch. If you dont want to be here and buy in get the fuck out.

Reerun_KC
02-27-2009, 12:26 AM
I know I probably get negative rep. for this, but Whitlock is a Facebook friend of mine. Here's his status:

"Brian Waters wants out of Kansas City. Scott Pioli more arrogant than King Carl?"

When another person comments about how Pioli is a proven winner, Whitlock responds with: "Belichick is a proven winner. ... Until we see some proof, Pioli is Romeo Weis Mangini."

When the same friend goes off on Waters for being a wuss, Whitlock responds with:
"Ok, brandon, pioli was responsible for new england's super bowls not belichick. yeah, sure... i'm about to put you on ignore."

In other words, Whitlock's going to run the whole "Pioli's not so smart after all" article because he wouldn't meet with Waters. He's got an axe to grind, and can't find a steak to grind it into.

"

Whitlock and take his fat buffett eating ass with Waters... He gives nothing while eating everything...

Whitlock is ilrelevant now...

blueballs
02-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Brian was not just a player checking in
he's also an agent -if just his own

orange
02-27-2009, 12:29 AM
The article says Pioli wouldn't give him a meeting, Mr. Sam Hall. Surely, a meeting wasn't scheduled and then Pioli refused to meet ... no, it sounds like Waters just showed up on his doorstep ... the day before FA begins.

FAX

It was at least two days ago. (Read second paragraph above).

FWIW Brain Waters isn't just another player. He's also KC's NFLPA representative and has a little bit more reason to expect a little respect.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2009, 12:31 AM

FWIW Brain Waters isn't just another player. He's also KC's NFLPA representative and has a little bit more reason to expect a little respect.

He has been a whiny bitch since Roaf has retired. Big Willie earned Waters a shit ton of money.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm sure we will never know the truth.

baitism
02-27-2009, 12:33 AM

Ill respect him when his performance matches his salary. I give two shits about how much money he donates to charity; his job is to contribute to winning games.

Reerun_KC
02-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Ill respect him when his performance matches his salary. I give two shits about how much money he donates to charity; his job is to contribute to winning games.

This....

The Buddha
02-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Whitlock and take his fat buffett eating ass with Waters... He gives nothing while eating everything...

Whitlock is ilrelevant now...

Whitlock should become our new guard. He's so f*cking fat that even if he stood still it would take Freeney 10 seconds to get around him. We wouldn't even need a LT!

orange
02-27-2009, 12:36 AM

No, actually he does a few other jobs for the Chiefs, too.

• Is a spokesperson for the Chiefs breast cancer awareness campaign.
• Serves as a spokesperson for the NFL’s “What Moves U” fitness campaign.
• Serves as chairman of the Chiefs First Downs for Down Syndrome program which raises $400,000 annually based.

And if his performance hasn't been matching his salary, Pioli should have cut him.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 12:38 AM
The story has too many holes. We can't assume Waters is being totally honest, and we haven't heard from Pioli and Haley.

Reerun_KC
02-27-2009, 12:38 AM

• Serves as chairman of the Chiefs First Downs for Down Syndrome program which raises $400,000 annually based.

And if his performance hasn't been matching his salary, Pioli should have cut him.

I am pretty sure stalking is illegal...

Reerun_KC
02-27-2009, 12:39 AM
The story has too many holes. We can't assume Waters is being totally honest, and we haven't heard from Pioli and Haley.

Well there is one constant... Waters and whining....

The Buddha
02-27-2009, 12:40 AM

Male breast cancer survival rate is 0%... If you get it you die.

So f*ck him! Aware of SH*T!

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 12:40 AM

That's what it looks like.

Woodrow Call
02-27-2009, 12:41 AM

Exactly

blueballs
02-27-2009, 12:41 AM
spy
kill him

baitism
02-27-2009, 12:43 AM

I don't think you are quite understanding my point, so lets put it this way.

I am a teacher, and I am also a basketball coach. I have coached my team to 2 state titles in 4 years, but my students are doing terrible in class and my teaching evaluations are horrid. So should I get fired? Because, after all, I am a teacher first; coaching is secondary.

Much like Waters off the field things are secondary to his primary job, being a football player.

Frosty
02-27-2009, 12:43 AM

So, right when they got back from the Combine?

Short Leash Hootie
02-27-2009, 12:45 AM
I don't know if I really like the fact our GM and coach think they are that much bigger than the players...it's unnecessary if you ask me.

orange
02-27-2009, 12:45 AM

I am a teacher, and I am also a basketball coach. I have coached my team to 2 state titles in 4 years, but my students are doing terrible in class and my teaching evaluations are horrid. So should I get fired? Because, after all, I am a teacher first; coaching is secondary.

Much like Waters off the field things are secondary to his primary job, being a football player.

Again, if Waters sucks on field, why hasn't Pioli simply released him?

My impression is he'd be out the door if he wasn't earning the money.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 12:47 AM
This doesn't surprise me Waters was the first guy out after Herm was fired with "the success this team has in the future is because of Herm Edwards"

smittysbar
02-27-2009, 12:48 AM
I don't know if I really like the fact our GM and coach think they are that much bigger than the players...it's unnecessary if you ask me.

At this point, we really don't know if this is the case. We have only heard half the story.

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. (something my dad used to say)

The Buddha
02-27-2009, 12:48 AM

With the way things are these days, you'd be given a raise if you took your team to two state titles. You'd probably be BY FAR the highest paid teacher in the school.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 12:51 AM
Waters was one of the biggest supporting mouth pieces for the past regime this shouldn't be surprising.

Douche Baggins
02-27-2009, 12:51 AM

HOF!

Reerun_KC
02-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Waters was one of the biggest supporting mouth pieces for the past regime this shouldn't be surprising.

When he started that, he lost alot of respect from many of us...

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 12:53 AM

That's the other part of this. The team sucked, but 22 players off the street would not have won two games. Twenty-two players off the street could not have defeated the Lions.

Reerun_KC
02-27-2009, 12:54 AM
That's the other part of this. The team sucked, but 22 players off the street would not have won two games. Twenty-two players off the street could not have defeated the Lions.

You could take the AFC Probowl team and Herm would struggle to win 9 games a year with them...

You give a good coach 22 warm bodies and they will win a football game or two.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 12:56 AM
You could take the AFC Probowl team and Herm would struggle to win 9 games a year with them...

You give a good coach 22 warm bodies and they will win a football game or two.

Not in the NFL. Those guys would need some talent.

Reerun_KC
02-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Not in the NFL. Those guys would need some talent.I cant argue that, but you can see where coaching can overcome marginal to minimal talent and someone wins a game or two..

But you can also see where a coach like Herm actually hurts the talent and causes them to be less effective that normal....

The Buddha
02-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Not in the NFL. Those guys would need some talent.

I'm thinking someone like the Cyclones last year would have gotten PWNED by the Lions.

But, if you're talking NFL-quality walk ons, like players that just don't QUITE make teams, then we totally could have won a few games with really good coaching.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:02 AM
I cant argue that, but you can see where coaching can overcome marginal to minimal talent and someone wins a game or two..

But you can also see where a coach like Herm actually hurts the talent and causes them to be less effective that normal....

I don't think Haley has proven enough to make that comment. He comes across like twenty-two random people off the streets of downtown KC could win two games. That's wrong.

baitism
02-27-2009, 01:03 AM
I don't think Haley has proven enough to make that comment. He comes across like twenty-two random people off the streets of downtown KC could win two games. That's wrong.

Only if they played the Chiefs twice...

smittysbar
02-27-2009, 01:05 AM

Your right, they would need a kicker, make it 23 :D

orange
02-27-2009, 01:08 AM
You guys know that Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 with a lineup that included Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, and Herschel Walker, right?

Douche Baggins
02-27-2009, 01:10 AM
Shut up donk troll. You seek to discredit our new regime.

The Buddha
02-27-2009, 01:12 AM
You guys know that Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 with a lineup that included Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, and Herschel Walker, right?

Yeah, Aikman was a ROOKIE, and they had no offensive line! or an adequate d.

Why you gotta be raining on our parade!?!

orange
02-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Shut up donk troll. You seek to discredit our new regime.

An 0-0 head coach talking smack to a two-time All-Pro....hmmm.

Claythan, admit it. YOU'RE Todd Haley!

smittysbar
02-27-2009, 01:14 AM

Did they do charity work?

Mecca

I'm pretty sure the comment is basically to tell Brian Waters when your team is 2-14 you aren't in the position to ask for anything.

DaneMcCloud

That's NOT what he's saying and you are sadly mistaken if that's the way you interpret it.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm pretty sure the comment is basically to tell Brian Waters when your team is 2-14 you aren't in the position to ask for anything.

Than that's what he should have said. No one could have argued with that.

Mecca
I'd like to ask people what makes Brian Waters think he should be "in the know" like he's above the other players or some such...didn't Scott Pioli when he came here talk about being a team and not individuals?

DaneMcCloud

I'm pretty sure these East Coast attitudes aren't gonna fly in KC and the surrounding states for long. I expect to see many more columns like these until the Chiefs begin to actually win.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:17 AM
That's NOT what he's saying and you are sadly mistaken if that's the way you interpret it.

Those were his words.

Mecca
Than that's what he should have said. No one could have argued with that.

It's called making a point, this is Brian Waters a guy who's played for Vermiel and Herm Edwards who thought Herm was awesome and said this line "this teams future success is because of Herm Edwards"

Todd Haley just told him he thinks the players Herm brought in for the most part are replacement level.

Mecca
I'm pretty sure these East Coast attitudes aren't gonna fly in KC and the surrounding states for long. I expect to see many more columns like these until the Chiefs begin to actually win.

People like the nice feel good shit, instead of doing what it takes to win. Coddling players is not how you win.

orange
02-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Yeah, Aikman was a ROOKIE, and they had no offensive line! or an adequate d.

Why you gotta be raining on our parade!?!

They had Newton, and Stepnoski, and Tuinei, and Gogan, and Darryl Johnston...

Ken Norton, Bates, Jeffcoat...

Quite a few of their mainstays in the coming dynasty were already there. Hardly 22 guys off the street.

Douche Baggins
02-27-2009, 01:18 AM

Claythan, admit it. YOU'RE Todd Haley!

Todd Haley has been associated with more playoff football in ONE YEAR than Brian Waters has been in his ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE.

He takes better care of his body, too.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2009, 01:20 AM
Those were his words.

"Off the streets" imply free agents and street free agents. Not players drafted and groomed by an NFL franchise.

Mecca
I think the simple point is, why does a 32 year old guard feel he needs to have a personal meeting with the GM about the teams future?

Scott Pioli probably wondered the same thing...

orange

That's the best thing you've said in weeks.

Douche Baggins
02-27-2009, 01:21 AM
I think the simple point is, why does a 32 year old guard feel he needs to have a personal meeting with the GM about the teams future?

He's against breast cancer. You need other reasons?

CoMoChief
02-27-2009, 01:21 AM
This doesn't surprise me one bit. He was one of the biggest Herm supporters you could possibly find. we could be 0-16 and Waters would say shit like .......oh well we need to be positive going into our next game like we're gonna win........UHHHHH NO SHIT DUMBASS, we should go into every game like we're gonna win.

Its no question to the fact that Herm instituted a losing atmosphere in the locker room. No wonder people like Tony G are getting pissed. Waters obviously has been brain washed by Herm. Herm can lose a game and be like "its ok........its football, sometimes this happens etc" and the excuses can go on etc.

Fuck that shit , we need a coach that HATES to lose. And when players get soft they get their asses chewed for it. These players have the PRIVILEGE of being in the NFL and if they dont play hard, they should be yelled at and fucked with until the msg gets across.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:22 AM
"Off the streets" imply free agents and street free agents. Not players drafted and groomed by an NFL franchise.

Right, and those guys would not have won two games.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Right, and those guys would not have won two games.

Says you.

How many NFL games have you coached or coordinated again?

Mecca
That's the best thing you've said in weeks.

I can't wait till we have people posting about how they "aren't fans of the Chiefs anymore" saying that we are run by arrogant douchebags and our franchise is now arrogant like Boston and New York..

Just wait, I guarantee it will happen.

baitism
He's against breast cancer. You need other reasons?

He better be with those manboobs...

Sam Hall
Says you.

How many NFL games have you coached or coordinated again?

The same amount you have coached or coordinated.

orange
02-27-2009, 01:24 AM

Scott Pioli probably wondered the same thing...

NFLPA representative. You know, one of the team's leaders. Selected by his teammates.

He may well have wanted to know what the Chiefs are planning to do with their $57 million cap room.

Mecca
NFLPA representative.

And that has exactly what to do with wanting to talk to Scott Pioli about his plans for the team?

DaneMcCloud
The same amount you have coached or coordinated.

Um, that's not the point.

Todd Haley: Guys off the street could win 2 games.

Sam Hall: No, they couldn't.

ROFL

Mecca
02-27-2009, 01:25 AM

ROFL

This is going to end up being funny several fans are going to turn on this team because "they're arrogant now"

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:27 AM

ROFL

Yeah, the point is everyone here sucks except youROFL

Mecca
02-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Ok over under...

How long before we have threads about how "these east coast douchebags have turned the Chiefs into an arrogant franchise I can no longer follow"

orange
02-27-2009, 01:29 AM
And that has exactly what to do with wanting to talk to Scott Pioli about his plans for the team?

I filled in more while you were responding.

NFLPA representative. You know, one of the team's leaders. Selected by his teammates.

He may well have wanted to know what the Chiefs are planning to do with their $57 million cap room.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Brian Waters was wrong, and Haley should not have made that comment. The end.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 01:30 AM
I filled in more while you were responding.

I bet he'd have enjoyed his answer of, none of your business.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2009, 01:34 AM

Haley has every reason to make that comment.

THIS is why nothing is coming out of Arrowhead.

They're smart enough to know that anything they say might upset the fans.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 01:35 AM

Well we have a fan base that has an inferiority complex, cares more about being classy than winning oh and has an attachment to old players...

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:36 AM

keep spinning

I'd like to know how many games you have coached or coordinated.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Well we have a fan base that has an inferiority complex, cares more about being classy than winning oh and has an attachment to old players...

In what other NFL city would Boomer Grigsby be a star?

Mecca
02-27-2009, 01:38 AM
In what other NFL city would Boomer Grigsby be a star?

That's what I'm talking about...

I guarantee you at some point there will be a thread on this forum from a fan about how "I can't be a fan of this team anymore they're an arrogant douchebag east coast run team now, they ruined it"

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2009, 01:39 AM
keep spinning

I'd like to know how many games you have coached or coordinated.

Sam, once again, you've proven your a complete and utter dumbfuck.

You said Todd Haley was wrong. Not once, but several times.

You said he was wrong about the comment AND you said he was wrong for making the comment.

Go study for your "post graduate" degree.

Something tells me you'll need it.

orange
02-27-2009, 01:39 AM
I bet he'd have enjoyed his answer of, none of your business.

He DID get that answer, didn't he. And he enjoyed it so much he's demanding a trade.

GO TEAM! (.. to Oakland, and Tampa Bay, and...)

Mecca
02-27-2009, 01:40 AM
He DID get that answer, didn't he. And he enjoyed it so much he's demanding a trade.

GO TEAM! (.. to Oakland, and Tampa Bay, and...)

Something tells me Matt Light doesn't walk into the upper management offices of the Patriots and go "I'd like to discuss the future of this team"

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:42 AM
Sam, once again, you've proven your a complete and utter dumb****.

You said Todd Haley was wrong. Not once, but several times.

You said he was wrong about the comment AND you said he was wrong for making the comment.

Go study for your "post graduate" degree.

Something tells me you'll need it.

It must be tough when your smack gets thrown back at you.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2009, 01:42 AM
It must be tough when your smack gets thrown back at you.

Huh?

Woodrow Call
02-27-2009, 01:43 AM

It was a comment that needed to be made. I've never seen players on a 2-14 team act like they are owed something. That false sense of entitlement has been a major problem since the paper champion DV days and it seems to me Pioli and Co see the problem and are going to fix it.

IMO this was a much needed warning shot to every player on the roster.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Huh?

Go back and read what you said. You asked me how many games I've coached or coordinated. It's the same amount as you: None.

smittysbar
02-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Go back and read what you said. You asked me how many games I've coached or coordinated. It's the same amount as you: None.

It was Haley that made the comment, not Dane...........

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2009, 01:45 AM

Goddamit, you stupid sonofabitch!

The reason I said that was because you think that YOUR opinion is more important than that of Todd Haley's.

Get it?

After 10 fucking replies?

Are you high?

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:46 AM
It was a comment that needed to be made. I've never seen players on a 2-14 team act like they are owed something. That false sense of entitlement has been a major problem since the paper champion DV days and it seems to me Pioli and Co see the problem and are going to fix it.

IMO this was a much needed warning shot to every player on the roster.

My point is what you're saying would've been better than the "22 players off the street" comment.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:47 AM
Goddamit, you stupid sonofabitch!

The reason I said that was because you think that YOUR opinion is more important than that of Todd Haley's.

Get it?

After 10 ****ing replies?

Are you high?

That's where you're wrong. You're overreacting again to an opinion you disagree with.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2009, 01:53 AM
That's where you're wrong. You're overreacting again to an opinion you disagree with.

JFC.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 01:57 AM
JFC.

All you have is me replying to other posters. You're overreacting again.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 02:03 AM
The true fan boards are having a field day with this one it's basically everyone going "fuck whitlock he doesn't know shit" or "how dare Pioli and Haley disrespect Waters they are already hurting us more than helping us"

Crush
02-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Within the past few months, when Clark Hunt proceeded to fire Carl and hired Scott Pioli to take his place, I thought a big cloud was lifted off this franchise. Because gone were the days when the primadonnas and the whiners of this team silently ran the team. Gone were the days of Gunther spitting on everybody. Gone were the days of the DV-Herm Edwards-crying-over-spilled-milk-pussiness.

Those assholes said, “When we're done with this team, we're going to go here. We're going to go there. We're almost there. We're going to get a shot at the Super Bowl...” Well all that shit never happened!

So here is the team, floundering along, there’s nothing going its way, because the incompetence in the front office and the coddling of the locker room kept one of the best franchises in football on the goddamn ground! What are you supposed to do? On one hand, they’re paying these no-talent assclowns a bunch of money – they’re paying THESE NO-TALENT ASSCLOWNS a bunch of money. While on this hand they’re saying “Hey, we're almost there. This is the year. Next year we'll get where we need to be.”

They say you are what you eat. With the Chiefs, they didn’t feed this team nothing but garbage, so they let the team become garbage. We, as fans, became complacent with everything they said. As long as we went 8-8…maybe we weren't happy with everything that was going on, but we became complacent.

Then they give us Herm – the big embarrassment! Herm delivers the shot heard around the damn world – This team is now 2-14. All of a sudden this team starts scrambling to get this stick of mediocrity out of its ass. Clark Hunt, whether he re-mortgaged his house one time, two times, maybe three times, came up with the right figure for Scott Pioli to make the decision to take over.

So Scott strolls in the league-famous Arrowhead Stadium – the biggest piece of crap that he has ever seen. You got Tony. You got LJ. You got the "32" D. You got Tyler Thigpen, you got Glass Bones, you got Sackintosh. You got a bunch of damn MISFITS, running around thinking that they can actually play footabll. All Pioli has seen in this organization is a bunch of crap and that’s exactly what he'll call it ‘cos that’s exactly what it is. Scott Pioli is here to win football games. It’s what he does best. It’s what he plans to do better than anyone in the world.

Dick Vermeil, Marty Schottenheimer, they got the big send-off. Tears were in everybody’s eyes. It was a big deal. All this team got was a good swift kick in the ass as Carl left us high and dry. There’s no Carls here. There’s no Herms here. There’s not a Dick Vermeil and there damn sure as hell isn’t a Gunther Cunningham here. There’s no-one that can hold back this team now.

"The 5 year plan?" Tossed it out the window. Never was meant to be. This fanbase is gonna find out first hand what Scott Pioli and Todd Haley can do. And they are gonna show everyone here exactly what a true team is supposed to do, what a true team is supposed to be. Because no-one here can hold this team back. Not Carl. Not Herm. Not Dick Vermeil. Nobody. This team is gonna be the championship team that I always knew it could be, because there’s no-one - no-one that can stop it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-27-2009, 02:31 AM
My interpretation of Crush's post:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICdXAmd1TWA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICdXAmd1TWA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

orange
02-27-2009, 02:47 AM
"As God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill, as God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."
http://www.corporate-aliens.com/quotes/scarlettohara.jpg

Douche Baggins
02-27-2009, 03:08 AM
Within the past few months, when Clark Hunt proceeded to fire Carl and hired Scott Pioli to take his place, I thought a big cloud was lifted off this franchise. Because gone were the days when the primadonnas and the whiners of this team silently ran the team. Gone were the days of Gunther spitting on everybody. Gone were the days of the DV-Herm Edwards-crying-over-spilled-milk-pussiness.

Those assholes said, “When we're done with this team, we're going to go here. We're going to go there. We're almost there. We're going to get a shot at the Super Bowl...” Well all that shit never happened!

So here is the team, floundering along, there’s nothing going its way, because the incompetence in the front office and the coddling of the locker room kept one of the best franchises in football on the goddamn ground! What are you supposed to do? On one hand, they’re paying these no-talent assclowns a bunch of money – they’re paying THESE NO-TALENT ASSCLOWNS a bunch of money. While on this hand they’re saying “Hey, we're almost there. This is the year. Next year we'll get where we need to be.”

They say you are what you eat. With the Chiefs, they didn’t feed this team nothing but garbage, so they let the team become garbage. We, as fans, became complacent with everything they said. As long as we went 8-8…maybe we weren't happy with everything that was going on, but we became complacent.

Then they give us Herm – the big embarrassment! Herm delivers the shot heard around the damn world – This team is now 2-14. All of a sudden this team starts scrambling to get this stick of mediocrity out of its ass. Clark Hunt, whether he re-mortgaged his house one time, two times, maybe three times, came up with the right figure for Scott Pioli to make the decision to take over.

So Scott strolls in the league-famous Arrowhead Stadium – the biggest piece of crap that he has ever seen. You got Tony. You got LJ. You got the "32" D. You got Tyler Thigpen, you got Glass Bones, you got Sackintosh. You got a bunch of damn MISFITS, running around thinking that they can actually play footabll. All Pioli has seen in this organization is a bunch of crap and that’s exactly what he'll call it ‘cos that’s exactly what it is. Scott Pioli is here to win football games. It’s what he does best. It’s what he plans to do better than anyone in the world.

Dick Vermeil, Marty Schottenheimer, they got the big send-off. Tears were in everybody’s eyes. It was a big deal. All this team got was a good swift kick in the ass as Carl left us high and dry. There’s no Carls here. There’s no Herms here. There’s not a Dick Vermeil and there damn sure as hell isn’t a Gunther Cunningham here. There’s no-one that can hold back this team now.

"The 5 year plan?" Tossed it out the window. Never was meant to be. This fanbase is gonna find out first hand what Scott Pioli and Todd Haley can do. And they are gonna show everyone here exactly what a true team is supposed to do, what a true team is supposed to be. Because no-one here can hold this team back. Not Carl. Not Herm. Not Dick Vermeil. Nobody. This team is gonna be the championship team that I always knew it could be, because there’s no-one - no-one that can stop it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/sparkley_dudette/clap.gif

Fritz88
02-27-2009, 04:01 AM
I'll wait and see.

ChiefGator
02-27-2009, 04:01 AM
So Waters flew to KC on the eve of free agency, with Pioli and Haley still evaluating the team and wanted them to drop everything to talk to him? :spock:

"Sorry Brian. We're a little busy at the moment."

This. Exactly. Umm.. there's something really big happening right now, Brian. Don't think I have time to talk to you.

ChiefGator
02-27-2009, 04:04 AM
That false sense of entitlement has been a major problem since the paper champion DV days and it seems to me Pioli and Co see the problem and are going to fix it.

And Herm too. He somehow convinced these clowns they were always really close to being a good team. Bogus.

the Talking Can
02-27-2009, 04:25 AM
Chiefs’ All-Pro guard Waters wants out of Kansas City (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1057650.html)

....And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said.

i don't believe that either of those things happened....this reads like an issue of Teen Beat written by Whitlock.....

i'd bet a million dollars that Pioli that didn't say he had "no interest" in meeting with Waters, ditto for Haley's comment....

And the only person who would have leaked this info is Shields...and if he did, he can beat it with the rest of the pussies still crying about Herm...

beach tribe
02-27-2009, 05:28 AM
:DWaters.

Tuckdaddy
02-27-2009, 05:35 AM
This is BS. He flew to KC to hear the plan for the off season. As if coaches have private meetings with guards about that.

If Brian wants to move on then let him. Scott doesn't need players that don't want to be here. Trade 'em all I say and get some hungry players that want to win.

nychief
02-27-2009, 05:37 AM
Perhaps Brian just wanted to show off his championship rings to the new guys?

No wonder we have lost for so long... our players are babied... take off the diapers Todd.

Also I love this part: "And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said."

PRIEST
02-27-2009, 05:52 AM
Oh Christ Waters....

This whole ****ing team is full of cry-babies.

Well said , This could be the Chiefs whole problem.Sack it up girls this is a Fu#king Football team:clap:

PhillyChiefFan
02-27-2009, 05:54 AM
I was waiting for something like this to happen.

KCUnited
02-27-2009, 05:54 AM
This is bs. My girlfriend has a friend that works down at Epic Nails. Apperently Brian flew in to have his eyebrows manicured and thought he might get a word in with Scott and Todd while he was he. This is a non story.

beach tribe
02-27-2009, 05:55 AM
I'm pretty sure Whitlock wrote this to create contempt for our new FO, and HC.

Didn't quite work out the way he planned.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 06:01 AM

I think it's pretty obvious just with the comments we know have been made Vermiel followed by Herm created an atmosphere of nothing but spoiled players who think they are the greatest thing walkin.

the Talking Can
02-27-2009, 06:02 AM

yup...does anyone believe that Pioli would actually respond in such a childish way?

these are caricatures...Whitlock is way out of his depth at the moment, this kind of clown bait worked with Carl...

and for the record, I don't give a shit why Pioli didn't meet with Waters, assuming that is even true...

Mecca
02-27-2009, 06:08 AM
yup...does anyone believe that Pioli would actually respond in such a childish way?

these are caricatures...Whitlock is way out of his depth at the moment, this kind of clown bait worked with Carl...

and for the record, I don't give a shit why Pioli didn't meet with Waters, assuming that is even true...

Actually yea I do...looking back on things with the Patriots and such it wouldn't surprise me at all.

FringeNC
02-27-2009, 06:09 AM
Didn't Waters make some bizarre comment along the lines that any future success the Chiefs had would be because of Herm Edwards?

Mecca
02-27-2009, 06:09 AM
Didn't Waters make some bizarre comment along the lines that any future success the Chiefs had would be because of Herm Edwards?

Yes he did, he was probably the biggest Herm supporter.

Kerberos
02-27-2009, 06:13 AM

This was my first reaction.

But then I started thinking about how Waters "MAY" have come in unannounced and was put back by new regime that is NOTHING like King Carl and Herm.

Sorry boys and girls but there is a NEW sherrif in town and he isn't here to be liked. He is here to win games..... PERIOD. i agree with this last post completely. Pioli is not going to be afraid to lose a vet or two that want to be cry babies.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 06:17 AM
Bill Parcells basically told Jason Taylor to fuck off....this is what happens when you get people from this tree.

FringeNC
02-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Yes he did, he was probably the biggest Herm supporter.

I don't understand what Waters wanted to meet about. From the reading of the article, it seems that the he was only interested in having a confrontation with Haley over innuendo he heard at the Pro Bowl.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Brian Waters has always been a class and team guy and if this is true I would be disappointed in how this was handled.

Rausch
02-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Sorry boys and girls but there is a NEW sherrif in town and he isn't here to be liked. He is here to win games..... PERIOD. i agree with this last post completely. Pioli is not going to be afraid to lose a vet or two that want to be cry babies.

This is true. I'd be fine with that.

If Waters was an UFA and asking for a bunch of money I'd agree we should let him move on, but that's not the case. Waters wanted to talk to his HC and his head coach is a tempermental d!ck.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 06:21 AM
I'd like to know what a 32 year old guard is wanting to talk about the future of the team for anyway, unless he actually thinks Scott Pioli gives a shit what he thinks seeing as odds are he won't be here much longer either way.

Red Beans
02-27-2009, 06:22 AM
Wow, talk about our organization doing an about face. No more favoritism, no more coddling, cuddling or stoking of egos. It appears that the Chiefs have brought some no nonsense people to the table. This is not something I'm real familiar with but I like it. You sign the damn deal you play out your contract. If Waters wanted out perhaps he shouldnt have signed a 7 yr extension. I mean, the guy negotiates his own contracts so man up! Honor the contract. I for one am tired of whiners and soft ass cry babies.

rad
02-27-2009, 06:22 AM

That's a pretty dumb post.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 06:24 AM
That's a pretty dumb post.

Obviously a head coach should not have control over the players.

BigRedChief
02-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Who cares if Pioli and Haley are arrogant and aloof if they win? Lombardi, Parcells, Bellicheck, Caughlin etc the list goes on and on. Their are many approaches to winning in the NFL other than being a players coach.

It's obvious that they are going to be about the team first and not individual players. If a player can't get onboard with team first approach then there is the door. And as long as they win we won't give a crap about whether they are nice to the players.

tomahawk kid
02-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Me thinks maybe Mr Waters did this to stir up shit and force the organization to trade him.

Kerberos
02-27-2009, 06:27 AM
This is true. I'd be fine with that.

If Waters was an UFA and asking for a bunch of money I'd agree we should let him move on, but that's not the case. Waters wanted to talk to his HC and his head coach is a tempermental d!ck.

Todd Haley and Vermeil/Edwards could NOT be more completely opposite in their approach to players.

Haley spoke to him in a way that he isn't used to. Waters needs to learn the ways of the organization all over again. He doesn't like it and is pouting IMO.

Just my thoughts on that.

the Talking Can
02-27-2009, 06:31 AM
the real story here is that one of our "leaders" just leaked a story to Whitlock for the sole purpose of embarrassing our new coach and GM..

what does that tell you about Waters?

rad
02-27-2009, 06:35 AM
My point is what you're saying would've been better than the "22 players off the street" comment.

It's not about the best 22 players, it's about the right 22 players.

Rausch
02-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Todd Haley and Vermeil/Edwards could NOT be more completely opposite in their approach to players.

Haley spoke to him in a way that he isn't used to. Waters needs to learn the ways of the organization all over again. He doesn't like it and is pouting IMO.

Just my thoughts on that.

I'd agree with Pioli. They really don't have anything to talk about right now. Pioli's job is to get talent on this team. That's what he's trying to do.

Haley's job is to get them to win. And there's a world of difference between someone saying there's nothing to dicscuss and "you won 2 games last year so you're a douchebag."

Mecca
02-27-2009, 06:42 AM
I'd agree with Pioli. They really don't have anything to talk about right now. Pioli's job is to get talent on this team. That's what he's trying to do.

Haley's job is to get them to win. And there's a world of difference between someone saying there's nothing to dicscuss and "you won 2 games last year so you're a douchebag."

I think the point of that comment, if he did say it would be, "You're on a 2-14 team stop acting self important" alot of Chiefs players seem to have this attitude where they think they're something special and have accomplished all sorts of great things and deserved to be treated like they are hot shit.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 06:48 AM
the real story here is that one of our "leaders" just leaked a story to Whitlock for the sole purpose of embarrassing our new coach and GM..

what does that tell you about Waters?

Waters is probably the closest to Whitlock of any Chiefs player so that would not surprise me at all if the "source" was indeed Waters.

jettio
02-27-2009, 06:50 AM
If the article were completely true, I would have to say that Waters ought to make an appointment with the person he plans to meet with, if he travels interstate for the sole purpose of meeting with someone. I could see you travelling a long ways to visit family and expect to be greeted unannounced, but it seems like an oversight to plan a trip without telling the person you want to meet that you will be showing up for a meeting.

Aside from that, Waters may not be the one trying to get this story out. He apparently did not comment for the story.

Also, Waters is his own agent, and because of that he should be able to make an appointment with the GM, and the GM should be willing to make time to meet with him given reasonable notice. I am sure that Pioli takes time to talk to player agents, as a routine course of business.

As for Haley, the jury is still out. If he fails because of the way he deals with players, Pioli will send his azz packing. I do not know if that is a legit criticism of Haley, but I am certain that we will find out in the next 2-3 years.

philfree
02-27-2009, 06:55 AM
New GM and HC who are running behind as free agency is starting and Waters wants to force his own interview with Pioli so they can talk about the direction of the team? These guys don't even have it all mapped out yet so a meeting with Waters is a huge waste of time. Sorrry Brian but there will be no more butt rubs to make you feel special.

PhilFree:arrow:

BigRedChief
02-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Yes, he did.

Does anyone remember the story that Tony G told about how Bellicheck treated him at the Pro Bowl?

Tony G came to the sideline and Bellicheck made a comment about giving more effort out there.

Next time he came to the sidelines Bellicheck yelled at him to finish his route correctly.

Next time he came off the field after making a great catch for a TD bellicheck said nice catch gonzalez.

You remember how there was a whole thread on how we wish we had someone like Bellicheck as our head coach? If he's that intense at the Pro Bowl whats he like during the season?

Jerm
02-27-2009, 06:56 AM
LOL love Whitlock and his "sources familiar with the organization"...what friggin' sources? He has NONE. The news has been ZILCH coming out of Arrowhead since Pioli and Haley arrived but suddenly Whitlock has the scoop? Ok whatever.

Waters is just using him as a mouthpiece to get his whining out into the public.

Whitlock took full advantage to print it and also to turn it into an anti Pioli/Haley article so he could take shots at them while in the context of the story.

It's pathetic but I'd expect nothing less from him.

keg in kc
02-27-2009, 06:57 AM
At the risk of trying to interject a little logic to the discussion, when it's the first day of free agency and there's an article citing an "anonymous source" that rails on the franchise and states that a player "wants out of Kansas City", common sense would indicate that said there's a contract issue, the agent (in this case, wouldn't that be Waters himself? for some reason I have it in my head that he acts as his own agent, but I'm not sure about that) is using the media as a microphone, and you probably shouldn't take anything you hear without a grain of salt...

Just to throw another log on that fire, Waters is a 32-year old guard entering the fourth year of an extension he signed in 2006, and according to reports at the time (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2315107), he's due $3.6 million in base salary this year.

On a personal note, with all due respect to Waters, he isn't Will Shields. So if he really wants to go, then best of luck with his future endeavors.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 06:59 AM
LOL love Whitlock and his "sources familiar with the organization"...what friggin' sources? He has NONE. The news has been ZILCH coming out of Arrowhead since Pioli and Haley arrived but suddenly Whitlock has the scoop? Ok whatever.

Waters is just using him as a mouthpiece to get his whining out into the public.

Whitlock took full advantage to print it and also to turn it into an anti Pioli/Haley article so he could take shots at them while in the context of the story.

It's pathetic but I'd expect nothing less from him.

Jason Whitlock is paid to write negative articles..I know that he knows Waters so this is an easy story for him to right. But for him to continue to do his piece in the paper successfully he needs fans to agree with him an easy way to do that is to consistently talk about players like Waters and Gonzalez because this is a market where fans are easily attached to players.

Micjones
02-27-2009, 07:02 AM
I love the fan sentiment that Waters just marched into the stadium, with his ass on his shoulders, demanding to be seen by the GM and Head Coach.

He's been a class act throughout his Chiefs tenure.
That's out of character for a player of his stature.

Something tells me there's more to the story.

I'm not suggesting that he be apprised of everything the organization plans to do, but to say that Chiefs brass doesn't need to have a rapport with veteran players is ridiculous.

I think there's a way to handle situations like these.
From the sounds of it... I'm not sure Haley had the best idea.

Jerm
02-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Jason Whitlock is paid to write negative articles..I know that he knows Waters so this is an easy story for him to right. But for him to continue to do his piece in the paper successfully he needs fans to agree with him an easy way to do that is to consistently talk about players like Waters and Gonzalez because this is a market where fans are easily attached to players.

Yeah I know what you're saying but I just don't think Whitlock's shtick is going to work with the new regime in place...he's probably dead to them now after this article lol.

I'm sure all we'll get from him is the negative BS because he's not getting anything from them after this IMO.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Yeah I know what you're saying but I just don't think Whitlock's shtick is going to work with the new regime in place...he's probably dead to them now after this article lol.

I'm sure all we'll get from him is the negative BS because he's not getting anything from them after this IMO.

He's going to do his me against the front office stuff unless they win and win big...his job is to be negative Pos is the positive guy and Teicher is the "news guy" even though he sucks at it.

He's already set it up with articles about Gonzalez and now Waters, if the Chiefs were to get rid of either or both of those players he could talk about how stupid the new front office is and casual fans would agree with him.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 07:09 AM
This story could have some implications in regards to FA. Alot of FA's might have had the Chiefs on their radar but now they see this story and think if this is how they treat a loyal veteran respected Pro Bowl player why would I want to go there.

Second this isn't really about football or the NFL this is just like the majority of us that have real jobs. If you went to your immediate boss and he told you that some scrub could come off the street and do your job better, well in Mecca's case that is true, but for the rest of us we would probably be pissed off and felt disrespected. It is really all about treating people with respect.

Brian Waters isn't LJ the guy has been a loyal soldier and yes he supported Herm just like he supported DV and Gunther before him. He has always been a team player.

Also just curious how does it make sense for the HC and GM to have an adversarial relationship with players? Belichick doesn't even have that his player love him.

Just my .02 cents.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 07:11 AM
This story could have some implications in regards to FA. Alot of FA's might have had the Chiefs on their radar but now they see this story and think if this is how they treat a loyal veteran respected Pro Bowl player why would I want to go there.

Second this isn't really about football or the NFL this is just like the majority of us that have real jobs. If you went to your immediate boss and he told you that some scrub could come off the street and do your job better, well in Mecca's case that is true, but for the rest of us we would probably be pissed off and felt disrespected. It is really all about treating people with respect.

Brian Waters isn't LJ the guy has been a loyal soldier and yes he supported Herm just like he supported DV and Gunther before him. He has always been a team player.

Also just curious how does it make sense for the HC and GM to have an adversarial relationship with players? Belichick doesn't even have that his player love him.

Just my .02 cents.

Go up to the guy who runs your company during the busiest time of the year...and ask him for a sit down meeting pertaining to the future of the company and watch the reaction you are given.

Rausch
02-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Go up to the guy who runs your company during the busiest time of the year...and ask him for a sit down meeting pertaining to the future of the company and watch the reaction you are given.

That's true.

But the reaction of your supervisor should be a helluva lot different.

MahiMike
02-27-2009, 07:14 AM
This is awesome. There's a new Sheriff in town and he and his deputy are laying down the new law. I think it sets the perfect tone. Telling even their veterans aren't gonna get special treatment. You can bet the other guys have their ears pinned back right now. Training camp will be a brutal competition.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 07:14 AM

I do and have and I work with him almost every day.

My point was more directed at Haley then Pioli because Pioli is running the company not Haley.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 07:16 AM
That's true.

But the reaction of your supervisor should be a helluva lot different.

Yep.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 07:16 AM
I do and have and I work with him almost every day.

My point was more directed at Haley then Pioli because Pioli is running the company not Haley.

I'll say what I said earlier about Haley which was..

I think the point of that comment, if he did say it would be, "You're on a 2-14 team stop acting self important" alot of Chiefs players seem to have this attitude where they think they're something special and have accomplished all sorts of great things and deserved to be treated like they are hot shit.

keg in kc
02-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Doesn't anybody remember the 2005 offseason, when Waters straight-up skipped several weeks of workouts because he wasn't happy with his contract. Nobody knew what was going on at the time, because he wasn't saying anything publicly, and as I recall after it was done he tried to sell it as "needing to spend time with his family". But he fired his agent and then signed a new deal during the next few months.

So, as good a guy as he is, he's got a bit of a history of wacky negotiating...

nychief
02-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Listen to what Pioli said during his first presser.... he is going to build the best TEAM... You have to trust him, and trust that it is good news that our GM is not going over the off season plan with a freakin' Offensive Tackle...

Trade Waters for a 2nd... Let's light this roman candle.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Listen to what Pioli said during his first presser.... he is going to build the best TEAM... You have to trust him, and trust that it is good news that our GM is not going over the off season plan with a freakin' Offensive Tackle...

Trade Waters for a 2nd... Let's light this roman candle.

He's a Guard which makes him actually more worthless than a tackle.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 07:21 AM
I'll say what I said earlier about Haley which was..

If he said that would be appropriate.

But he said this supposedly, " by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games", which is not appropriate.

You know you could take that quote and say that Haley was criticizing the players and absolving the coaching staff.

Chiefnj2
02-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Too many facts missing from the story.

It seems like KC is a NY Jets bizzaro world. The Jets had a Super Bowl winning coach who comes up short, next they bring in the young player friendly Herm (I'm skipping the one Groh season). Herm looks good at first. People like him, he wins some games. Then, the fans and media see the chinks in his armor and notice he's killing the team. Herm jumps ship and the Jets go in the opposite direction. They grab mini-Bilichick from NE. He rules with an iron fist, limits media info, etc., just like his old boss.

KC seems to have done the same thing. You have the Bradway/Peterson connection, the old Super Bowl winning coach to Herm and now to Pioli/Haley.

People are loving the tough ass style of Pioli just like NY liked Mangini at first. If the draft doesn't go as people like and the team is 2-6 at the half-way point this town is going to turn on these guys quickly. The dictator act gets old really fast if the team isn't winning.

keg in kc
02-27-2009, 07:22 AM
You know you could take that quote and say that Haley was criticizing the players and absolving the coaching staff.You could also take it to mean exactly the opposite.

StcChief
02-27-2009, 07:25 AM

Epic smack...22 guys off the street couldn't win any NFL games.
that's just a stupid comment.... smack not so much.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 07:26 AM
You could also take it to mean exactly the opposite.

I suppose but he said it to a player which in the context meant Herm is a great coach and the players are idiots. :)

I doubt that is what he meant though.