PDA

View Full Version : Football Ray Lewis 'determined to move on' from Ravens

MIAdragon
02-27-2009, 08:28 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=140214

Sources close to Ray Lewis tell Adam Schefter that Lewis "will not return" to Baltimore and that his career with the team is over.

This could be a negotiating ploy or emotions getting the best of Lewis. Don't assume he's gone. The Ravens offered Lewis $17 million guaranteed Thursday, a very good offer, but he's upset with how negotiations have gone. We highly doubt he'll get a better deal elsewhere. With Dallas and New York apparently not interested yet, there are no obvious suitors. Feb. 27 - 9:53 am et

Fat Elvis
02-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Could you imagine Aaron Curry and DJ learning from Ray Lewis and Derrick Brooks for a couple of years?

Molitoth
02-27-2009, 08:46 AM
With all past issues aside, I would love to have Ray Lewis on this team.

keg in kc
02-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Could you imagine Aaron Curry and DJ learning from Ray Lewis and Derrick Brooks for a couple of years?Ray Lewis could teach 'em all to be...(wait on it)...killer linebackers.

(rim shot)

beach tribe
02-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Players are such fuqin babies these days. Things don't go exactly how they want, and they throw a fit.

"That's it, I'm leaving..*sniff sniff*

Garcia Bronco
02-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't want this convict on my team no matter how good he is on a football field.

Detoxing
02-27-2009, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't want this convict on my team no matter how good he is on a football field.

You're probably alone on that one

Chiefnj2
02-27-2009, 08:54 AM

Says the fan of a team that featured Romanowski for years.

htismaqe
02-27-2009, 08:57 AM

Brock
02-27-2009, 08:58 AM

LOL, you had scarface Henry on your team.

Garcia Bronco
02-27-2009, 08:59 AM

Romanowski didn't do anything illegal like get invloved in double murder and then obstruct justice. So now that you've gotten that all out of your system, he should however be in jail for assaulting and battering that kid while he was an Oakland Raider.

Garcia Bronco
02-27-2009, 09:00 AM

And he was let go for his indiscretions as well.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-27-2009, 09:01 AM

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
02-27-2009, 09:02 AM
I think Ray Lewis would be an absolute force for our team. He'd bring DJ straight into stardom.

Brock
02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
And he was let go for his indiscretions as well.

He wasn't let go when he should have been.

Garcia Bronco
ugh

Friday, February 27
Broncos emerge as candidate for LewisRay Lewis | Ravens | Interested: Broncos? Cowboys? Jets?
While the Baltimore Ravens have feverishly tried to retain linebacker Ray Lewis over the last few weeks, his name has been linked in various sources to both the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys. Amid the smoldering chaos as the league has finally entered the opening day of free agency, a darkhorse candidate out west has emerged according to the Baltimore Sun: the Denver Broncos.
Lewis and nascent Broncos defensive coordinator Mike Nolan worked together when Nolan had the same position with the Ravens, and according to the Sun, the two would meet one-on-one on a weekly basis to work on game-plans. In addition, the Broncos have been cutting dead weight since the promotion of general manager Brian Xanders, and the team is expected to be around $30 million under the salary cap. Lewis would be a solid tackling machine in the middle of the field as well as a vocal leader as the team installs Nolan's schemes.

Garcia Bronco
He wasn't let go when he should have been.

You mean after one season?

Brock
02-27-2009, 09:04 AM
You mean after one season?

When he FAILED THE DRUG TEST.

htismaqe
02-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Romanowski didn't do anything illegal like get invloved in double murder and then obstruct justice.

I'm sure his wife was involved in all of that criminal activity COMPLETELY unbeknownst to Romo himself, right?

chiefforlife
02-27-2009, 09:09 AM
I would love to see Ray Lewis as a CHIEF! Come on PIOLI! DO IT!

Garcia Bronco
02-27-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm sure his wife was involved in all of that criminal activity COMPLETELY unbeknownst to Romo himself, right?

Comapred to Ray Lewis it's not even in the same league. Either way it doesn't matter. Bill is no longer in the league.

Toadkiller
02-27-2009, 09:24 AM
One thing that worries me about all the vets in KC wanting out is how that affects FA's from signing here. At what point does a shit load of money sway you to come no matter what you are hearing from the media.

Spicy McHaggis
02-27-2009, 09:37 AM
There might just be a chance, the "Patriot's Way" seemed to involve signing old, future hall of fame linebackers. Keith Brooking is available now too along with Derrick Brooks, we could have an All-2002 linebacking group!!!!!

In all honesty while Ray Lewis certainly wouldn't be a bad signing, I'd rather spend the cash on someone who isn't 33 like a Channing Crowder.

Also, I think we should take a look at Darryl Blackstock. The guy was a heck of a player on the outside in the 3-4 at Virginia. He hasn't done much in the league but he's young and still has some potential. I think he'd be a great guy that the Chiefs could get on the cheap.

Pioli Zombie
02-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Didnt Ray Lewis fuck a dog once?

Pioli Zombie
02-27-2009, 09:40 AM
One thing that worries me about all the vets in KC wanting out is how that affects FA's from signing here. At what point does a shit load of money sway you to come no matter what you are hearing from the media.

hmmmmm

hearing from the media

a shit load of money

I go with B, shit load of money

Mr. Flopnuts
02-27-2009, 09:51 AM
There might just be a chance, the "Patriot's Way" seemed to involve signing old, future hall of fame linebackers. Keith Brooking is available now too along with Derrick Brooks, we could have an All-2002 linebacking group!!!!!

In all honesty while Ray Lewis certainly wouldn't be a bad signing, I'd rather spend the cash on someone who isn't 33 like a Channing Crowder.

Also, I think we should take a look at Darryl Blackstock. The guy was a heck of a player on the outside in the 3-4 at Virginia. He hasn't done much in the league but he's young and still has some potential. I think he'd be a great guy that the Chiefs could get on the cheap.

Crowder re signed with Miami. I wanted to make a run at him myself.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-27-2009, 09:53 AM
No 36 year old linebacker whose production is tied directly to Haloti Ngata deserves rice krispies instead of rat shit for breakfast, let alone 17 million guaranteed.

Fuck Ray Lewis.

Spicy McHaggis
02-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Crowder re signed with Miami. I wanted to make a run at him myself.

Well, damn. Alright, but Blackstock is still there. Shaqtastic!!!!

Bowser
02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
No 36 year old linebacker whose production is tied directly to Haloti Ngata deserves rice krispies instead of rat shit for breakfast, let alone 17 million guaranteed.

Fuck Ray Lewis.

Thank you. Took awhile, but the obvious came to light.

I hope he goes to Denver for 17 million so he can get his ass ran over all season with noone up front to cover for him.

Garcia Bronco
02-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Denver has signed Andra Davis and Ray Lewis is coming tomorrow supposedly with the "inside" track

Garcia Bronco
02-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Grady Jackson is coming tomorrow as well

BigRock
02-27-2009, 02:09 PM
I hope he goes to Denver for 17 million so he can get his ass ran over all season with noone up front to cover for him.

Perhaps I'm overestimating his intelligence, but I don't think Ray is dumb enough to go somewhere where there isn't a dominant NT. He gets blocked out of plays waaaaaay too easily these days.

If he plays behind some crappy D-line somewhere, every week is going to give him flashbacks of the MNF game against us in '04.

Garcia Bronco
02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Perhaps I'm overestimating his intelligence, but I don't think Ray is dumb enough to go somewhere where there isn't a dominant NT. He gets blocked out of plays waaaaaay too easily these days.

If he plays behind some crappy D-line somewhere, every week is going to give him flashbacks of the MNF game against us in '04.

Lewis can still ball. There is no doubt about it. I think you underestimate how good your o-line was then.

BigRock
02-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Lewis can still ball. There is no doubt about it. I think you underestimate how good your o-line was then.

Oh, it was a great line then.

What I'm saying is that Lewis has slowed to the point where, if there's not a badass like Ngata in front of him to keep blockers away, his games are going to resemble that MNF effort. In 2004 it took a great offensive line to make Lewis that ineffective. Today, an offensive a line not nearly as good could do it.

Lewis is a fine player when he's got Ngata and Suggs and these guys around him. But bring him to KC or Denver or somewhere with nobody around him on D and he'll start showing his age real quick. And I bet he ends up staying with Baltimore (unless they don't want him) 'cause I think he's smart enough to know this.

But you are higher on the Lewis of today than I am, I take it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-27-2009, 02:29 PM

When Jordan Black was flat backing him?