PDA

View Full Version : Football Cassel To The Bucs?????

Shox
02-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Anyone else heard any confirmation of this?

BREAKING NEWS : Tampa Bay TV Station FOX 13 is reporting BUCS are finalizing contract extention talks with MATT CASSEL . BUCS and PATS have agreed on DEAL pending CASSEL CONTRACT SIGNING ( 4 years -29.5 million plus performance incentives ) . Buc 's official confirms deal is for Buc's 2009 1st round selection ( 19th overall ) and 2010 conditional 2nd rounder.

doomy3
02-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Wow. Makes sense how they freed up all the money

Tribal Warfare
BOOM!!!!!!1

Buck
4 Years - $30 Mil?

Seems like he'd get more than that. More years I mean.

doomy3
I think Cassel is a much better QB than most here give him credit for too.

DeepSouth
02-27-2009, 04:56 PM
When was the last time the Patriots did NOT have two first round draft picks.

ChiefsCountry
Thank you Mark Dominck if this true. Actually thats a good fit with Solider Boy and Bryant.

Mr. Flopnuts
Good. Fuck a 1st round pick for a 7th round back up qb who led a 16-0 team to an 11-5 record. Glad he's not coming here.

MIAdragon
Link? Who TF typed that shit?

Woodrow Call
Well that takes one topic off the table. The Stafford/Sanchez chances just went through the roof.

doomy3
02-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Thank you Mark Dominck if this true. Actually thats a good fit with Solider Boy and Bryant.

Why is it that every fit is a good fit except for us?

Buck
Its not on KFFL, I don't believe it.

tboss27
Wow. Guess we never stood a chance if someone else was willing to give a first, no way we would give up #3 for him.

Mecca
Well hey they also traded for Kellen Winslow!

DaKCMan AP
02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Good. Fuck a 1st round pick for a 7th round back up qb who led a 16-0 team to an 11-5 record. Glad he's not coming here.

Against the #32 strength of schedule.

Just Passin' By
Patsfans.com isn't buying it. They said the post was a fraud and deleted the thread.

Shox
I can't find any confirmation either.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Why is it that every fit is a good fit except for us?

I view Cassell as a win now acquistion. Tampa fits that mold. Minnesota does. Detroit lord knows to win some games.

yeti
haha good did not want a piece of that anyways

Dicky McElephant
Thank God......I don't want him coming here.

Woodrow Call
Patsfans.com isn't buying it. They said the post was a fraud and deleted the thread.

poop

DaKCMan AP
BTW, I just turned on Tampa's Fox 13 and haven't seen anything about this.

suds79
02-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Thank God......I don't want him coming here.

PBJ Now all we need is for Detroit to pass on Stafford.

Mr. Flopnuts
Against the #32 strength of schedule.

I forgot that part, but absolutely correct.

Woodrow Call
BTW, I just turned on Tampa's Fox 13 and haven't seen anything about this.

double poop

MIAdragon
what the hell is an extention anyway?

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm sure it would be on ESPN.com by now.

Simply Red
02-27-2009, 05:05 PM

totally agree.

Buck
02-27-2009, 05:06 PM
totally agree.

+1

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-27-2009, 05:07 PM
GODDAMMIT!!

OTW, I'm losing all my fucking picks in the mock!!

tboss27
02-27-2009, 05:07 PM
totally agree.

If the Bucs rumor is false I hope Piolli tries to send a second for him

BradyFTW!
02-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Pretty sure that this rumor is false. Some loser's been spreading it all day, and Fox 13 isn't reporting anything. I'd also be shocked if Cassel signed a contract for that little guaranteed money.

sedated
02-27-2009, 05:10 PM
probably BS put out by the Pats front office to make teams like the Chiefs shit their pants

wild1
02-27-2009, 05:23 PM
dont want him. take stafford or sanchez

BradyFTW!
02-27-2009, 05:28 PM
dont want him. take stafford or sanchez

According to Adam Schefter and Mike Lombardi on Total Access, a lot of people around the league consider Cassel to be one of the top eight QBs in the game. On the other side, this QB crop is considered the weakest one in years. I'm sure you know more than the pros though.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 05:29 PM
According to Adam Schefter and Mike Lombardi on Total Access, a lot of people around the league consider Cassel to be one of the top eight QBs in the game. On the other side, this QB crop is considered the weakest one in years. I'm sure you know more than the pros though.

Oh Jesus.

MIAdragon
02-27-2009, 05:31 PM

Well shit just cause a few hacks said he's the next coming of Christ we should just Herschel Walker our entire draft to get this kid under center. Suck it Bradyftw.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Its these Patriot fan trolls that are driving this place into civil war frenzy.

suds79
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
On the other side, this QB crop is considered the weakest one in years.

I've heard this before about this draft.

If this QB crop is so weak, why is it 3 of them will go in the 1st round?

You'd have to go back to the 2006 before you found that many QBs taken in the 1st.

The talent is there.

MIAdragon

Kill them all CC. kill them all.

Simply Red
actually, I'd be surprised if 'Cheat' made any moves w/ Cassell. Has Brady proven healthy?

BradyFTW!
Well shit just cause a few hacks said he's the next coming of Christ we should just Herschel Walker our entire draft to get this kid under center. Suck it Bradyftw.

When did Mike Lombardi and Adam Schefter become hacks? They might be the two most informed football people in the mainstream media. But if MIAdragon on ChiefsPlanet.com says that Matt Sanchez is better, then it must be true.

kaplin42
02-27-2009, 05:33 PM

Wouldn't be no civil war if the tension wasn't already there.

Honestly though, what fun would bullentin boards be if everyone agreed all the time. Half the joy comes from calling some faceless poster an ignorant twunt that probably has to wear a helmet while tieing their shoes.

B_Ambuehl
02-27-2009, 05:35 PM
As long as you realize that when he says "A lot of people around the league" it's most likely referring to those who would benefit from teams giving up a lot for him. That obviously includes the Patriots, but if you're a team with a good quarterback and one or more of your division rivals doesn't have one it benefits you to say good things about him to possibly drive up the demand and price they pay for him.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Kill them all CC. kill them all.

Zach's little triade got me thinking about it. Its Patriot trolls, complete idiots like Zilla and sensiblechief that are causing the major blowup threads.

JASONSAUTO
02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
I've heard this before about this draft.

If this QB crop is so weak, why is it 3 of them will go in the 1st round?You'd have to go back to the 2006 before you found that many QBs taken in the 1st.

The talent is there.

maybe because the whole draft is weak? hell an OLB is rated as the #1 player avail. by most accounts

orange

That's a very short drive. I walk farther than that taking my trash to the curb.

BradyFTW!
actually, I'd be surprised if 'Cheat' made any moves w/ Cassell. Has Brady proven healthy?

Yep. He's on pace for a 100% recovery (according to James Andrews), and there's no reason to think that he won't be fine this year. Add in the fact that it pretty much cripples your salary cap to devote 28M+ to QB, and there you go.

JASONSAUTO
02-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Zach's little triade got me thinking about it. Its Patriot trolls, complete idiots like Zilla and sensiblechief that are causing the major blowup threads.

maybe not, could also be that some dont understand that everyone has an opinion and should not be bashed for it

Hydrae
02-27-2009, 05:59 PM

I saw a headline earlier that he got married to Gisela.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/extramustard/02/27/jewel-steroids-gisele-bundchen/index.html

Don't know what that has to do with this issue but thought I would throw it out there. :D

Chieftain58
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM

I doubt that statement!

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM

Shut the fuck up, and don't ever post again.

doomy3
02-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I doubt that statement!

You doubt that I think Cassel is a much better QB than most here give him credit for? OK?

MIAdragon
02-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Vrabel, Cassell, and pats (23)1st round pick for Chiefs 3rd overall pick and third round pick.

:spock:

MIAdragon
02-27-2009, 06:22 PM
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=43605&page=3

BradyFTW!
02-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Shut the **** up, and don't ever post again.

Took me about 10 minutes of reading this forum to realize that most people think you're an idiot. It's pretty obvious why.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Vrabel, Cassell, and pats (23)1st round pick for Chiefs 3rd overall pick and third round pick.

Ok if that happens I will absolutely blow my lid.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Took me about 10 minutes of reading this forum to realize that most people think you're an idiot. It's pretty obvious why.

Explain to me how one can read with the protein pickup from Just Passing By in one's eyes.

Kyle DeLexus
02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
When did Mike Lombardi and Adam Schefter become hacks? They might be the two most informed football people in the mainstream media. But if MIAdragon on ChiefsPlanet.com says that Matt Sanchez is better, then it must be true.

Who the hell is Matt Sanchez?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Who the hell is Matt Sanchez?

A Mexican rapist who grew up in an affluent Texas Suburb called Mission Viejo, California, whose brother is his agent, is dumb, and whose teammates hate him.

BradyFTW!
02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Explain to me how one can read with the protein pickup from Just Passing By in one's eyes.

Ahh, so you're the resident internet tough guy around here. I'm sure that's working out great for you.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Ahh, so you're the resident internet tough guy around here. I'm sure that's working out great for you.

Please sprint into this with the velocity of Usain Bolt with a rocket up his ass.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/robrabies/robertoalomartree.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
02-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Please sprint into this with the velocity of Usain Bolt with a rocket up his ass.

ROFL

Seriously, my pancreas.

rad
02-27-2009, 06:39 PM

Oh shit, is that the "AIDS Tree"?

OnTheWarpath58
02-27-2009, 06:41 PM

It appears to be the Roberto Alomar Special Edition AIDS Tree.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2009, 06:41 PM

It had the naming rights bought, its the Roberto Alomar Tree.

Gdaddy
02-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Anyone else heard any confirmation of this?

BREAKING NEWS : Tampa Bay TV Station FOX 13 is reporting BUCS are finalizing contract extention talks with MATT CASSEL . BUCS and PATS have agreed on DEAL pending CASSEL CONTRACT SIGNING ( 4 years -29.5 million plus performance incentives ) . Buc 's official confirms deal is for Buc's 2009 1st round selection ( 19th overall ) and 2010 conditional 2nd rounder.

I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE, INCLUDING THE NAMED SOURCE. NOWHERE TO BE FOUND, NOT EVEN A MENTION ON SAT RADIO, NFL NETWORK, TAMPA LOCAL TV AND RADIO OR BOSTON GLOBE....I CALL BS

rad
02-27-2009, 06:46 PM
I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE, INCLUDING THE NAMED SOURCE. NOWHERE TO BE FOUND, NOT EVEN A MENTION ON SAT RADIO, NFL NETWORK, TAMPA LOCAL TV AND RADIO OR BOSTON GLOBE....I CALL BS

OK THANKS BROTHER..........

Gdaddy
02-27-2009, 06:47 PM
ANALYSIS

After stepping back to digest the surprising news of a Patriots-Chiefs trade with Mike Vrabel, two thoughts came to mind:

# 1) How much are finances a part of this decision?

# 2) Could this be part of a larger deal with the Chiefs that might involve Matt Cassel?
What was your initial thought upon learning Mike Vrabel was traded to the Chiefs?
Horrible trade ... It doesn't even matter what the Patriots get back, you don't trade a Mike Vrabel
Good move ... Vrabel was done, whatever they get in return is a bonus
I think this move is setting up something bigger, like maybe clearing room to sign Julius Peppers or as part of a deal that includes Matt Cassel
They traded Vrabel to clear cap room to keep Matt Cassel ... I don't think they're going to trade Cassel

[ View results ]
The 33-year-old Vrabel was entering the final year of his contract in 2009. He was due to earn $2.2 million in base salary, would receive a $1 million roster bonus, and count $4.3 million against the salary cap.

Given Vrabel's contributions to the Patriots -- on the field and in the locker room -- that doesn't seem like much to digest.

So why make the deal?

From a Chiefs perspective, they had one of the youngest rosters in the NFL last season, and new general manager Scott Pioli understands the importance of veteran leadership in the locker room. Vrabel will provide that in Kansas City, likely as a team captain.

The question is why the Patriots would trade Vrabel.

Until more details become available on the trade itself -- and if this is the first domino to fall on a larger deal -- the answer to that question remains open-ended.

DaWolf
02-27-2009, 06:51 PM
This dude thinks it could wind up being a three way trade, with Cassel ending up in Tampa.

http://musketfire.com/2009/02/27/cassel-be-the-newest-chief-or-buccaneer/

Take it with a huge grain of salt, as I don't know who this dude is or where he's hearing stuff from...

kstater
02-27-2009, 06:58 PM
This dude thinks it could wind up being a three way trade, with Cassel ending up in Tampa.

http://musketfire.com/2009/02/27/cassel-be-the-newest-chief-or-buccaneer/

Take it with a huge grain of salt, as I don't know who this dude is or where he's hearing stuff from...

That doesn't even make sense. How exactly are the Chiefs involved with TB?

NCarlsCorner2
02-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Matt Cassel gets 29.5 million and DeAngelo Hall gets 54 million, I'll believe this when I see Cassel holding up a Bucs uniform with his number on it.

MIAdragon
02-27-2009, 07:44 PM
QUIET ON THE PATS-KC FRONT; COULD MEAN CASSEL'S INVOLVED
Posted by Tom Curran: Friday, February 27, 2009 4:10 PM
It smells like there might be a lot more to the Mike Vrabel to the Chiefs deal than simply a benign "undisclosed" draft pick.
New England is locked up tight as a drum this afternoon. There is no conversation going out which is a sure harbinger that there are bigger dominoes wobbling.
My speculation? Since Vrabel is only in KC and his acquisition hasn't been officially declared, he is merely a sidebar in the deal. The holdup - and silence - is being caused by something else that's taking place and my guess is that the something else is negotiations between Matt Cassel's agent David Dunn and the Chiefs GM Scott Pioli.
Cassel, of course, is the franchised Patriots quarterback who's due to make $14.6 million this year if he stays with the Patriots. If New England deals Cassel, he comes off their books, clearing cap space.
And that has me thinking the undisclosed pick is the third overall pick in this draft.
So it may well be Cassel and Vrabel to the Chiefs for the third overall pick and - likely - another later round pick. The financial end of this is what makes it a solid deal for the Pats. Between Cassel and Vrabel, there's almost $20 million in cap space getting cleared. Vrabel would have been a free agent after this year so the Pats are going to get something for him they wouldn't have otherwise.
Wouldn't the Pats want to avoid the third overall pick and the money outlay for an unproven player that comes with it? Not necessarily. They will still win financially in 2009 even adding the third overall pick because of the money they clear with Vrabel and Cassel leaving. And they'll have a good player from that spot going forward (presumably).
So who replaces Vrabel? Hmmmm. The Patriots liked Jonathan Vilma coming out of Miami. He's on the market. And so is Ray Lewis. Would they be fits at outside linebacker where Vrabel played predominantly? It will be interesting to see. And to see if this goes down as I'm suspecting

BucEyedPea
02-27-2009, 07:46 PM
O.M.G. I am mixed on this one being a fan of both teams. I'd think the Pats need to keep Cassel. And the new Bucs coach is good for only one year. I don't like it.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 07:51 PM
If we in any way shape or form trade the 3rd pick for Matt Cassell I'm going to be one pissed off person.

Pasta Giant Meatball
Posted by Tom Curran: Friday, February 27, 2009 4:10 PM
It smells like there might be a lot more to the Mike Vrabel to the Chiefs deal than simply a benign "undisclosed" draft pick.
New England is locked up tight as a drum this afternoon. There is no conversation going out which is a sure harbinger that there are bigger dominoes wobbling.
My speculation? Since Vrabel is only in KC and his acquisition hasn't been officially declared, he is merely a sidebar in the deal. The holdup - and silence - is being caused by something else that's taking place and my guess is that the something else is negotiations between Matt Cassel's agent David Dunn and the Chiefs GM Scott Pioli.
Cassel, of course, is the franchised Patriots quarterback who's due to make $14.6 million this year if he stays with the Patriots. If New England deals Cassel, he comes off their books, clearing cap space.
And that has me thinking the undisclosed pick is the third overall pick in this draft.
So it may well be Cassel and Vrabel to the Chiefs for the third overall pick and - likely - another later round pick. The financial end of this is what makes it a solid deal for the Pats. Between Cassel and Vrabel, there's almost $20 million in cap space getting cleared. Vrabel would have been a free agent after this year so the Pats are going to get something for him they wouldn't have otherwise.
Wouldn't the Pats want to avoid the third overall pick and the money outlay for an unproven player that comes with it? Not necessarily. They will still win financially in 2009 even adding the third overall pick because of the money they clear with Vrabel and Cassel leaving. And they'll have a good player from that spot going forward (presumably).
So who replaces Vrabel? Hmmmm. The Patriots liked Jonathan Vilma coming out of Miami. He's on the market. And so is Ray Lewis. Would they be fits at outside linebacker where Vrabel played predominantly? It will be interesting to see. And to see if this goes down as I'm suspecting

Shox

When isn't New England locked down tight as a drum. They could be holding a press conference and you would get more conversation out of a deaf mute.

RUSH
02-27-2009, 07:52 PM

I'm done following this team closely if that happens.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 07:54 PM
I can accept alot of things but Matt Cassell for a top 3 pick is not one of them.

Saul Good
02-27-2009, 07:56 PM
what the hell is an extention anyway?It's what happened to the dinosaurs.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-27-2009, 07:58 PM
I can accept alot of things but Matt Cassell for a top 3 pick is not one of them.

That would be a tough pill to swallow for sure. I just don't see how anyone can say he is worth that much.

Shox
02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Why is using the #3 pick on Sanchez or Stafford so much more appealing than Cassel. Cassell has proven he can be successful to some degree if you put good people around him. Sanchez and Stafford could very well be the next Ryan Leaf.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to use the #3 pick for any of them, I just don't understand why everyone thinks Cassell is so bad.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:12 PM
The holdup - and silence - is being caused by something else that's taking place and my guess is that the something else is negotiations between Matt Cassel's agent David Dunn and the Chiefs GM Scott Pioli.

That does it. This sumbitch is clearly too immature. Did you see this?

Dunn? All sorts of red flags.

I heard Cassel has a brother, too, and that he used to go to bars when he was at USC.

Fuck this guy.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 08:14 PM

I am with you and if Pioli does this then...well fuck I don't know what to think.

sedated
02-27-2009, 08:20 PM

oops, he re-signed with new orleans already

Uncle_Ted
02-27-2009, 08:34 PM
That would be a tough pill to swallow for sure. I just don't see how anyone can say he is worth that much.

If Pioli thinks that he's worth it based on what he saw from Cassel the last few years, I'm putting a lot more faith in his opinion than anyone else's. That said, it would be a lot easier to swallow if we also got NE's first-round pick as part of the deal.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-27-2009, 08:42 PM
If Pioli thinks that he's worth it based on what he saw from Cassel the last few years, I'm putting a lot more faith in his opinion than anyone else's. That said, it would be a lot easier to swallow if we also got NE's first-round pick as part of the deal.

Oh, he definately knows a hell of alot more about the game than I do, BUT I do not have to like his decision :)

Sure-Oz
02-27-2009, 08:42 PM
If we in any way shape or form trade the 3rd pick for Matt Cassell I'm going to be one pissed off person.

This times a billion

Uncle_Ted
02-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh, he definately knows a hell of alot more about the game than I do, BUT I do not have to like his decision :)

Fair enough!