PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Schefter: "We Will See a New Coach Trade Tony Gonzalez Before the First Game."

doomy3
02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Schefter on NFLN seems pretty confident TG will be traded...

Compared it to new coaches trading Jason Taylor last year and Kellen Winslow today. Schefter doesn't usually make assumptions like this unless there is something to it...

BryanBusby
02-27-2009, 06:30 PM
If they can get a better deal for Tony now, go for it.

Detoxing
02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
bullshit

Woodrow Call
02-27-2009, 06:33 PM
This is going to be a fun ride.

kstater
Ok gang,
The deal is done
Damnit Carl!!!/blueballs

OnTheWarpath58

Yep.

I hope we can at least get a 3rd for him.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM

That's what she said last night.

rad
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM
TG to NE for Cassell....oh wait...

Mojo Jojo
02-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Wait a minute...earlier today everyone was happy that we had a head coach that told a player he could get 22 guys of the street and win two games. Last time I checked TG was one of the 22 guys that could be beat out by someone on the street. It's a new world an on one is safe.

KCtotheSB
02-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm really hoping Tony stays with the Chiefs until he retires and that in staying on, we can give him that playoff run he's always wanted. With that said, I've put my faith in Pioli in getting this team back up and running and installing a new attitude at Arrowhead, so if he believes we can get great value for him....then so be it, I guess. Still won't be happy about it......

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2009, 06:43 PM
We got our tight end today - Mike Vrabel.

DJ_is_the_realdeal
I'm just tired of all the players beatchin! If they don't want to play for us then they have to go. Trade them and try to get something for them.

OnTheWarpath58
We got our tight end today - Mike Vrabel.

LMAO

Jayhawkerman2001
02-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Yep.

I hope we can at least get a 3rd for him.

id say at least a 2nd. no way in hell would we want to get rim of him for less because he continues to play at a high level and most likely we're going to have a young and developing quarterback that can and will benefit from him.

OnTheWarpath58
02-27-2009, 07:11 PM
id say at least a 2nd. no way in hell would we want to get rim of him for less because he continues to play at a high level and most likely we're going to have a young and developing quarterback that can and will benefit from him.

The best offer we got for him last year was a 3rd.

I just can't see the offer going up now that he's a year older and another year closer to retirement.

RippedmyFlesh
02-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Since cleveland just traded winslow how about TG for shaun rogers?
Rogers said he wants out of cleveland and unlike carl scott doesnt have to trade TG to a team of TG's liking.
If we go to 3-4 we would need a big NT.

rad
02-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Rogers said he wants out of cleveland and unlike carl scott doesnt have to trade TG to a team of TG's liking.

No thanks to Rogers

Mecca
02-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Hrm apparently Pioli thinks the "leadership" that was provided by our currents vets was shitty leadership.

Count Alex's Losses
02-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Yes blow it up. Blow it back to god!

HighChief
02-27-2009, 07:30 PM

I really dont think that TG is going to make that big of an impact on developing a QB. Does it help? He might catch some off thrown balls but thats really all he will do.

That is what the coaching staff is for anyway. I see him gone because of what has been said in the previous posts and also the fact that neither NE or AZ had a lot of TE envolvement in the passing game.

Time to move on. Get a 3rd and live with it.

big nasty kcnut
02-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Fuck that tg wont leave.
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief
02-27-2009, 07:31 PM

As I brought up elsewhere, Rogers wants out of Cleveland because Mangini snubbed him in the locker room a few weeks ago. How do you think he'll handle the steely glaze of Haley and silent treatment of Pioli?

Mecca
02-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Fuck that tg wont leave.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's not exactly his decision....

Mecca
02-27-2009, 07:33 PM
As I brought up elsewhere, Rogers wants out of Cleveland because Mangini snubbed him in the locker room a few weeks ago. How do you think he'll handle the steely glaze of Haley and silent treatment of Pioli?

That's a little different, they were both at the pro bowl and Rogers basically said hi to him and Mangini ignored him like he didn't exist.

Count Alex's Losses
02-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I was talking to Nick on the phone today...and compared this to the Patriots.

We basically have three whiny primadonnas on this team...who play insignificant positions for the purposes of winning a championship.

Can you imagine Logan Mankins, Christian Fauria and Corey Dillon pulling this shit?

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 07:52 PM
I will be sad if Tony is traded because he is by far my favorite player. I just hope they do the right thing and trade him to a contender.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
I thought the right thing would be trading him to the team that gives you the highset pick?

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 07:57 PM
I must be heartless, but I truly have no emotional attachment to any single player on this roster. None.

I'm a fan of the franchise, and the city more generally.

I care about Gonzo as much as he cares about me. When he's on the field, I'm cheering him on. Off the field, fuck 'em.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 07:57 PM
I must be heartless, but I truly have no emotional attachment to any single player on this roster. None.

I care about Gonzo as much as he cares about me.

I don't either, Tony Gonzalez has been a part of exactly 0 playoff wins, it's not like we're trading Joe Montana here.

Pablo
02-27-2009, 07:59 PM

I care about Gonzo as much as he cares about me. When he's on the field, I'm cheering him on. Off the field, fuck 'em.I'd probably have more emotional attachment if this team won more than 6 games the last two seasons.

That being said, I'm a huge TG fan and all, but if he wants to go and we can get good value. So long you big sticky-hands Mexican...

Mecca
02-27-2009, 08:00 PM
If he does get traded that would mean both of the guys who went to bat for Herm and Thigpen got told to "fuck off" pretty hard.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 08:00 PM
I thought the right thing would be trading him to the team that gives you the highset pick?

If a team offered a first round pick regardless if they suck or not you have to take the deal my point is if the offers are basically the same I would hope they would send him to a contender in the NFC.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't either, Tony Gonzalez has been a part of exactly 0 playoff wins, it's not like we're trading Joe Montana here.

Yep.

There isn't a single defining moment for this guy, if that makes sense. He's been consistently bad ass, no question, but he doesn't have a moment/game like DT's 7 sack performance. Similarly, Gonzo didn't anchor one of the most successful teams for a decade.

And, let's be honest, he's a TE. The greatest one ever to play, but still a TE.

Just like I'm not that wrapped up in a ****ing guard. Leave. Stay. Whatever.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 08:03 PM

I care about Gonzo as much as he cares about me. When he's on the field, I'm cheering him on. Off the field, fuck 'em.

Would you feel differently if they won or were more successful?

Mecca
02-27-2009, 08:04 PM

I might feel differently if he played a valuable position...isn't it odd of all these good players we've recently had they all played insignificant positions?

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Yep.

There isn't a single defining moment for this guy, if that makes sense. He's been consistently bad ass, no question, but he doesn't have a moment/game like DT's 7 sack performance. Similarly, Gonzo didn't anchor one of the most successful teams for a decade.

And, let's be honest, he's a TE. The greatest one ever to play, but still a TE.

Just like I'm not that wrapped up in a ****ing guard. Leave. Stay. Whatever.

Sure there this. He caught a TD as a rookie in the playoff game against Denver that the refs ruled he was out of bounds when it was plain as day he was in.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:05 PM

Maybe. That's probably a large part of it.

He's just not on the same level (changing sports) as a George Brett for me. That dude's an icon. Wins. Personal accolades. The whole thing. But he's not the greatest ever at his position.

Gonzo is, and I'm a fan, but not to the same degree.

It all goes back to team success, I suppose, and position.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Sure there this. He caught a TD as a rookie in the playoff game against Denver that the refs ruled he was out of bounds when it was plain as day he was in.

Unfortunately, that's probably it.

I know you're joking, but it's the truth. And it feeds into the whiny ass insecurity of this fanbase as a whole.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 08:08 PM
I might feel differently if he played a valuable position...isn't it odd of all these good players we've recently had they all played insignificant positions?

Well that is because they really haven't drafted good players in prime positions.

I am hoping D-Bowe changes that and LJ did good for a couple of years before flaming out.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Well I'd consider RB an insignificant position also.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Maybe. That's probably a large part of it.

He's just not on the same level (changing sports) as a George Brett for me. That dude's an icon. Wins. Personal accolades. The whole thing. But he's not the greatest ever at his position.

Gonzo is, and I'm a fan, but not to the same degree.

It all goes back to team success, I suppose, and position.

I understand what you are saying Brett was the man and probably the only one close to him is Lenny.

Unfortunately, that's probably it.

I know you're joking, but it's the truth. And it feeds into the whiny ass insecurity of this fanbase as a whole.

Actually I wasn't kidding and yes I am still bitter and pissed off.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Well I'd consider RB an insignificant position also.

LMAO I knew you were going to say that

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think all the positions are significant. Tony Gonzalez is up there with George Brett and Len Dawson. He's the best tight end in NFL history.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 08:15 PM
No one in their right mind would argue that a TE or a RG are nearly as significant as a QB or a DE.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think all the positions are significant. Tony Gonzalez is up there with George Brett and Len Dawson. He's the best tight end in NFL history.

No chance.

0 playoff wins < championships, in addition to other success, in the fucking playoffs.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 08:16 PM
No chance.

0 playoff wins < championships, in addition to other success, in the ****ing playoffs.

he wasn't even remotely part of the problem

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 08:17 PM
No one in their right mind would argue that a TE or a RG are nearly as significant as a QB or a DE.

What I'm saying is they're all important.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:19 PM

Doesn't matter.

George Brett, in his prime, would have ****ed every woman in your family just for mentioning him in the same sentence as someone who has played on a host of dogshit teams and won nothing in the post-season.

Mecca
What I'm saying is they're all important.

But not as important as others which is the point...

When your teams "face" or "franchise" is a TE you have a problem.

dirk digler

I agree with this. I feel kind of bad for Tony he got drafted right at the end of the Chiefs resurgence and has been on some shitty ass teams and every year went out and gave 100%.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:20 PM
But not as important as others which is the point...

When your teams "face" or "franchise" is a TE you have a problem.

No, no.

It's guard.

dallaschiefsfan
02-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Pure speculation on Shefter's part. He knows nothing. The loose lips ship has sailed.

KcMizzou
02-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think all the positions are significant. Tony Gonzalez is up there with George Brett and Len Dawson. He's the best tight end in NFL history.Sure they're all significant.

Tony G. is right up there with Brett and Dawson, because he's just about the very best at what he does.

It's just that some positions just naturally have a greater impact on the outcome of the game, (or hell, a season).

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Doesn't matter.

George Brett, in his prime, would have ****ed every woman in your family just for mentioning him in the same sentence as someone who has played on a host of dogshit teams and won nothing in the post-season.

The Chiefs problems haven't been Gonzalez' fault and it doesn't make sense to hold those problems against him. For example, I don't think anyone can blame LaDanian Tomlinson for the Chargers' failures.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Sure they're all significant.

Tony G. is right up there with Brett and Dawson, because he's just about the very best at what he does.

It's just that some positions just naturally have a greater impact on the outcome of the game, (or hell, a season).

Brett
Dawson

Tony G.

Darth CarlSatan
02-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Yes blow it up. Blow it back to god!

ROFL Wendler is bringing the WRATH today! I like it. I'd rep you, but it never does any good.

TG is the one Vet I wish well. Everybody else? Meh.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:24 PM
The Chiefs problems haven't been Gonzalez' fault and it doesn't make sense to hold those problems against him. For example, I don't think anyone can blame LaDanian Tomlinson for the Chargers' failures.

I don't hold anything against him.

But it's a fact. He hasn't won a single post-season game. That's reality. And because of this, he's not on the same level as the all-time greats who have not only won 1, but the whole fucking thing.

Darth CarlSatan
Pure speculation on Shefter's part. He knows nothing. The loose lips ship has sailed.

Excellent point; the press knows JACK. And I like it that way.

sedated
we trade Tony G for a 3rd, and get Vrabel for a 3rd. So we are trading down in the 3rd to trade TG for MV?

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 08:25 PM
It's the same thing with guards. Things haven't been the same since Will Shields retired.

sedated
02-27-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't think anyone can blame LaDanian Tomlinson for the Chargers' failures.

interesting comparison, since sandy eggo has won playoffs games since Tomlinson has been on their roster, but he was sitting on the bench while they did it.

Mecca
It's the same thing with guards. Things haven't been the same since Will Shields retired.

This goes back to what I said, the fact that we had top level players at these positions have made this fan base value them far more than they really should be valued.

You don't build teams around TE's or Guards.

Sam Hall
I don't hold anything against him.

But it's a fact. He hasn't won a single post-season game. That's reality. And because of this, he's not on the same level as the all-time greats who have not only won 1, but the whole ****ing thing.

It's a team sport.

DeezNutz
This goes back to what I said, the fact that we had top level players at these positions have made this fan base value them far more than they really should be valued.

You don't build teams around TE's or Guards.

Don't insult our players. We love them! They're nice guys. /KC/

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 08:28 PM
I wonder if Pioli\Haley would have snubbed Will Shields?

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:28 PM
It's a team sport.

That's a fact. And here's another one:

He doesn't have a single playoff victory on his resume.

KcMizzou
02-27-2009, 08:29 PM
The QB's the main thing.

You have a TE that screws up, you can work around that. Guard, you and work around that. LT? That's tougher, but there are ways.

If you can't count on your QB, the one guy in charge of everything, and the one guy who touches the ball on every snap... you can't hide that weakness.

(Maybe create a gimmic spread offense that will produce yards but no wins. :) )

ChiefsCountry
Tony Gonzalez is not even the best player that Carl drafted. Derrick Thomas was way more valuable than Tony. So I dont see how Gonzo is 3rd in KC sports history. Hell he maybe only the 5th or 6th best Chief of all time.

Count Alex's Losses

Will Shields wouldn't have bothered. He always kept his mouth shut and just kicked ass on the field.

DeezNutz

Yes.

He's a guard. What GM in his right mind is really going to be concerned about if his team's starting guard is happy with the direction the team is going?

Mecca
Don't insult our players. We love them! They're nice guys. /KC/

It just gets on my nerves after awhile we got people who love TE's and guards and RT's and fullbacks and cover backers but it takes 100 pages to even remotely get them to admit a QB might be important.

doomy3
02-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Tony Gonzalez is not even the best player that Carl drafted. Derrick Thomas was way more valuable than Tony. So I dont see how Gonzo is 3rd in KC sports history. Hell he maybe only the 5th or 6th best Chief of all time.

TG is the best player in the history of his position. DT wasn't.

Darth CarlSatan
02-27-2009, 08:30 PM
The QB's the main thing.

You have a TE that screws up, you can work around that. Guard, you and work around that. LT? That's tougher, but there are ways.

If you can't count on your QB, the one guy in charge of everything, and the one guy who touches the ball on every snap... you can't hide that weakness.

(Maybe create a gimmic spread offense that will produce yards but no wins. :) )

T to the H to the I to the S!

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:31 PM

I wasn't trying to rank him. I was just saying that he doesn't belong in the same sentence as a Dawson or a Brett when talking about KC sports legends.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Will Shields wouldn't have bothered. He always kept his mouth shut and just kicked ass on the field.

IIRC the last couple of years of Shields career he started becoming a little more vocal.

Great fucking player though

Mecca
02-27-2009, 08:32 PM

And that answers the question, Derrick Thomas who wasn't the best ever at his position was more valuable by a huge degree than the greatest TE ever.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2009, 08:32 PM
I wasn't trying to rank him. I was just saying that he doesn't belong in the same sentence as a Dawson or a Brett when talking about KC sports legends.

I am. He is overrated by our fan base - I love Tony as a Chief but geez he isnt even close to being the best player in our franchise's history. Dawson, Bell, Lanier, DT and Buck are all better.

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Yes.

He's a guard. What GM in his right mind is really going to be concerned about if his team's starting guard is happy with the direction the team is going?

Well they haven't snubbed TonyG and I am pretty sure they wouldn't snub Will Shields considering he is a lock for 1st ballot HOF.

I was just posing a hypothetical question and Clay is right that is something he would probably wouldn't do

Sam Hall
If you think I'm downplaying quarterbacks, I'm not. I'm saying all the positions are important.

brain1081
I don't either, Tony Gonzalez has been a part of exactly 0 playoff wins

This is irrelevant. Football is the ultimate team game. Without TG the Chiefs were even further from winning a playoff game. He is the greatest TE in the history of the game. So yeah, it is kind of like trading Joe Montana. We shouldn't be so dead set on yes trade or no don't trade him but rather if what we can get is actually more effective in long term success.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2009, 08:34 PM

Jan Stenerud was the greatest kicker of all time. Does that mean he is better than DT?

KcMizzou
02-27-2009, 08:34 PM
I wonder if Pioli\Haley would have snubbed Will Shields?I dunno, and I'm not sure it matters.

As much as we love those guys, we wanted to blow it up, and we got it. We also got the man who was almost unanimously considered the best for the job. (The guy who we supposedly had no shot at.)

Now all you can do is sit back, and let him go to work. You can't freak out every time one of the few players we liked don't fit into the plan.

The slate's been wiped clean.

Count Alex's Losses
02-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Without TG the Chiefs were even further from winning a playoff game.

How is this even quantified?

Darth CarlSatan
02-27-2009, 08:35 PM
How is this even quantified?

True dat.

Count Alex's Losses
02-27-2009, 08:39 PM
How can you be further from winning a game, at least on offense, with the way our Tony-Gonzalez led team played in 06?

dirk digler
02-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I dunno, and I'm not sure it matters.

As much as we love those guys, we wanted to blow it up, and we got it. We also got the man who was almost unanimously considered the best for the job. (The guy who we supposedly had no shot at.)

Now all you can do is sit back, and let him go to work. You can't freak out every time one of the few players we liked don't fit into the plan.

The slate's been wiped clean.

Very true but the slate hasn't been entirely wiped clean they tendered Jeff Webb an offer. :)

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:40 PM
I am. He is overrated by our fan base - I love Tony as a Chief but geez he isnt even close to being the best player in our franchise's history. Dawson, Bell, Lanier, DT and Buck are all better.

I agree with that list.

Well they haven't snubbed TonyG and I am pretty sure they wouldn't snub Will Shields considering he is a lock for 1st ballot HOF.

I was just posing a hypothetical question and Clay is right that is something he would probably wouldn't do

Well, you're right that Shields was a better player and thus could theoretically hold more sway, but I still doubt it would matter.

Agree with the comment of him being less likely to do this in the first place, though.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 08:41 PM
How can you be further from winning a game, at least on offense, with the way our Tony-Gonzalez led team played in 06?

Without Tony Gonzalez we'd be even further away! You know despite only winning 2 games.

doomy3
02-27-2009, 08:41 PM

I have no idea how you can compare these guys, or how they would rank. I certainly don't think TG is overrated by our fan base any more than Marvin Harrison was overrated by the Colts fanbase or Dan Marino was overvalued by the Dolphins fanbase. They are all great players.

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Without Tony Gonzalez we'd be even further away! You know despite only winning 2 games.

But with Thigpen at QB, Gonzo is a lock for 10 catches and around 100 yards.

Don't fuck with my fantasy team.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 08:42 PM
I think what we have, in our minds, is the new regime versus Tony Gonzalez. There's something wrong with that. I don't think that's the way it is.

doomy3
02-27-2009, 08:43 PM

I don't know. Ask the Housh/Chad Johnson led Bengals or the Calvin Johnson led Lions. You could also ask the Torry Holt/Steven Jackson led Rams.

Darth CarlSatan
02-27-2009, 08:44 PM
But with Thigpen at QB, Gonzo is a lock for 10 catches and around 100 yards.

Don't fuck with my fantasy team.

LMAO

Count Alex's Losses
02-27-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't know. Ask the Housh/Chad Johnson led Bengals or the Calvin Johnson led Lions. You could also ask the Torry Holt/Steven Jackson led Rams.

Um Tory Holt has won playoff games. The rest I guess not...

doomy3
02-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Um Tory Holt has won playoff games. The rest I guess not...

Seriously, this is the single most ridiculous argument on all of Chiefs Planet, and that is saying something.

One player does not win a playoff game. This has gone way too far overboard on this argument.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 08:48 PM
There are alot of ridiculous arguments, but TE is pretty low on the position value chart...

Of course people make weird judgments I remember when everyone thought Dwayne Bowe was better than Calvin Johnson, that sure snapped around fast.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 08:49 PM
There's no reason to downplay what Tony Gonzalez has meant and still means to the team.

Sure-Oz
Love gonzo but trade him if we can get a solid pick for him, they are blowin this team up, bout damn time

Mecca
There's no reason to downplay what Tony Gonzalez has meant and still means to the team.

What exactly has he meant, he has nice personal accomplishments.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 08:51 PM

:eek:

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 08:51 PM

Now you've done it. Cover your ass.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2009, 08:55 PM
I have no idea how you can compare these guys, or how they would rank.

Its not that hard. QB is the most important position by far and Dawson won a Super Bowl & for the most part is still the face of the franchise. Bell was a flat out beast of a football player who could be argued as the greatest linebacker of all time. Lainer ditto for the middle linebacker position. Buck was so dominant that Oakland had to draft a Hall of Fame guard to just to slow him down. Go ask Charger fans were Winslow ranks among their greats? Or the Browns with Newsome? You would hear about the same answers.

doomy3
02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Its not that hard. QB is the most important position by far and Dawson won a Super Bowl & for the most part is still the face of the franchise. Bell was a flat out beast of a football player who could be argued as the greatest linebacker of all time. Lainer ditto for the middle linebacker position. Buck was so dominant that Oakland had to draft a Hall of Fame guard to just to slow him down. Go ask Charger fans were Winslow ranks among their greats? Or the Browns with Newsome? You would hear about the same answers.

TG is much better than both those guys. I bet Broncos fans rank Shannon Sharpe pretty high on their all-time list though.

Sam Hall
02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
You can't be so supportive of the new regime that you downplay a guy who is still playing at a Hall of Fame level. The offense is screwed without Tony Gonzalez. He provides things rarely found in the NFL.

CanadaKC
02-27-2009, 09:14 PM
i strongly predict the eagles...for some reason

el borracho
02-27-2009, 09:21 PM

Um, he has contributed about 1,000 yards of offense a season for more than a decade.

For sentimental reasons, I hope we do not trade Gonzalez but, practically speaking, I just hope that whatever we would get in trade would be put to good use.

p.s. If we trade Gonzalez we had better receive about 50 times whatever we gave up for Vrabel today. Jesus, that is a retarded trade!

Chiefnj2
02-27-2009, 09:26 PM
There are alot of ridiculous arguments, but TE is pretty low on the position value chart...

Of course people make weird judgments I remember when everyone thought Dwayne Bowe was better than Calvin Johnson, that sure snapped around fast.

Do you want Sanchez to have TG to throw to as he adjusts to the NFL or Cottam?

brain1081
02-27-2009, 09:29 PM
You can't be so supportive of the new regime that you downplay a guy who is still playing at a Hall of Fame level. The offense is screwed without Tony Gonzalez. He provides things rarely found in the NFL.

Amen, if this team values Vrabel more than draft picks and draft picks more than TG then something has gone terribly wrong. (I keep on seeing rumors that they gave up a 3rd for Vrabel. Considering that's what was offered for Tony last year...)

DJJasonp
02-27-2009, 09:43 PM
For what it's worth....hasnt Belichek and Pioli done similar things with similar players over the past 5-7 years?? (Vrabel being the latest example)

I figure Pioli knows more about building a championship team than this whole board put together....so let's see how this plays out.

If we're still sitting here 2-3 years from now drafting each year in the top 15....then it will be time to bitch.

I agree with other posters....if you dont want to be here.....so long (IF we get good value in return.....and I think that's the Pioli way)

blueballs
02-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Fuck Schefter
and the rat he blew into town on

EyePod
02-27-2009, 09:54 PM
How is it possible to compare Kellen Winslow Jr. to fucking Tony Gonzalez? Unless you're trying to show how terrible Winslow Jr. is compared to Tony G, it's not going to happen...

BigMeatballDave
02-28-2009, 08:12 AM
No one in their right mind would argue that a TE or a RG are nearly as significant as a QB or a DE.RG? What if my QB is a lefty? :D

58-4ever
02-28-2009, 08:23 AM
So we are going to have another new coach and THEY are going to trade Tony?