PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Schefter: Lions and Bucs Entered Sweepstakes for Cassel to Trade Him for Cutler

doomy3
02-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Schefter on NFLN reported that Detroit and Tampa entered talks to acquire Cassel on Saturday morning to trade him to Denver for Jay Cutler! Obviously the deal was made with KC before they got anything done, but if this is true, Wow. Cutler is apparently pissed, FWIW.

If anyone buy Schefter reported this, I would blow it off, but Schefter is usually right on with his Denver news.

BigRock
02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Are you hearing this on NFL Network? Am I hearing it wrong?

I'd swear Schefter said that Tampa and Detroit were trying to land Cassel so they could ship him to Denver in a trade for Cutler.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Repost.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 02:09 PM
If this is true, then this is one of the craziest stories I have heard.

Bowser
02-28-2009, 02:10 PM
How glorious would it be if Tampa traded Brian Griese for Jay Cutler?

Frazod
02-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Hate and discontent in Denver. I love it. :thumb:

Mr. Krab
02-28-2009, 02:14 PM
what if we go ahead and trade Cassel to Denver now for their first round pick and then draft a QB and still have another first rounder to work with?

:)

the Talking Can
02-28-2009, 02:14 PM
this shit is crzy

chiefforlife
02-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I heard it too. Ha!

doomy3
02-28-2009, 02:15 PM
this shit is crzy

Honestly, I can't think of a crazier offseason.

jAZ
02-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Are you hearing this on NFL Network? Am I hearing it wrong?

I'd swear Schefter said that Tampa and Detroit were trying to land Cassel so they could ship him to Denver in a trade for Cutler.

Why am I the only one who keeps tuning into NFLN to see stupid old footage and nothing but a ticker with new news?

eazyb81
02-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Honestly, I can't think of a crazier offseason.

There have also been a ton of FA moves today that we haven't even really had time to discuss yet on here because of today's trade.

Bowser
02-28-2009, 02:17 PM
this shit is crzy

Be careful, Can, or you're going to start having hope for the Chiefs again.

Bob Dole
02-28-2009, 02:18 PM
But...but...but Jay Cutler is a WINNER and a Future Hall of Famer! [/denverfan]

the Talking Can
02-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Be careful, Can, or you're going to start having hope for the Chiefs again.

i had hope the second Carl left

Reaper16
02-28-2009, 02:20 PM
But...but...but Jay Cutler is a WINNER and a Future Hall of Famer! [/denverfan]
My dad says he'll be good some day.

Reaper16
what if we go ahead and trade Cassel to Denver now for their first round pick and then draft a QB and still have another first rounder to work with?

/boner

doomy3
If Brady doesn't ever return to form, and Cassel keeps improving on his play from last year, this will be a true fleecing.

FringeNC
02-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Wow, if McDaniels believes Cassel is better than Cutler...

ChiefsCountry
02-28-2009, 02:23 PM
I am starting to think Bellichek was the brains of the whole Parcells tree.

wild1
02-28-2009, 02:27 PM

i like it.

the fact that McDaniels would even consider flipping his starting QB for picks tells you he is not high on him.

PRIEST
02-28-2009, 02:29 PM

This is what I thought.Now that Cutler knows the Coach wanted to trade for another QB , nice way to start a season :evil:

KCChiefsFan88
02-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Broncos | Cutler upset
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:07:52 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler is a bit upset that the Broncos were fielding calls - from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Detroit Lions - about trading for him. The Broncos say they did not initiate the calls, they simply received them.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

FAX
02-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Broncos | Cutler upset

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler is a bit upset that the Broncos were fielding calls - from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Detroit Lions - about trading for him. The Broncos say they did not initiate the calls, they simply received them.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

ROFL

FAX

dirk digler
02-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Hate and discontent in Denver. I love it. :thumb:

Exactly. I hope Cutler is really pissed off and just has a shitty ass season

easymobee
02-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Luckily the Chiefs ended up with Steve Bono pt 2 and not the Broncos.
Posted via Mobile Device

easymobee
02-28-2009, 02:54 PM
How does it make you feel that the Cassel bidding war involved the chiefs and a bunch of other teams that just wanted him to centerpiece their package to acquire cutler? You did get a good value though (2nd rounder) congrats on that.
Posted via Mobile Device

StcChief
02-28-2009, 02:57 PM

:)crazy talk. Pioli wanted Cassell. period.

Stewie
02-28-2009, 02:59 PM
How does it make you feel that the Cassel bidding war involved the chiefs and a bunch of other teams that just wanted him to centerpiece their package to acquire cutler? You did get a good value though (2nd rounder) congrats on that.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're obviously mad about Cassel coming to KC. And who are you?

Captain Obvious
02-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Luckily the Chiefs ended up with Steve Bono pt 2 and not the Broncos.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey......F U.

StcChief
02-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Broncos | Cutler upset

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl excellent. No Rat, QB Cuntler pissed.

Donxs in turmoil... :clap: :clap: :clap: ROFL

KCtotheSB
02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
I just read up on this. This is even better. Gets our division rival's top quarterback pissed off at his team. :)

OnTheWarpath58
02-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Pioli should be on the phone right now offering Denver Cassel for Cutler, if McDaniels is that fucking stupid.

Shag
02-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Interesting twist. Tells us a couple things...

- McDaniels appears to be very high on Cassel, even with a pro bowl QB on the roster.
- Pats 2008 GM and OC both wanted Cassel on their new teams.
- Detroit really wants to upgrade their QB situation, making it highly likely they take Stafford #1. This would hurt our trade-down options.

stlchiefs
02-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

sour grapes

Fritz88
02-28-2009, 03:17 PM
If this is true, then this is one of the craziest stories I have heard.

too crazy.

KChiefs1
02-28-2009, 03:21 PM

McDaniels watched him in the Pro Bowl.

Brock
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

How do you feel about your coach feeling that he'd rather have Cassel than Cutler?

Chiefshrink
02-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Exactly. I hope Cutler is really pissed off and just has a shitty ass season

Same here or this lights a fire under his ASS and he makes the whole AFC West pay.:shrug:

SoCalBronco
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
How do you feel about your coach feeling that he'd rather have Cassel than Cutler?

It tells me what I've been saying all along. That my coach is an idiot and does not deserve to be the Coach of the Denver Broncos. He's a stupid toddler that doesn't know what he's doing.

He needs to be biatchslapped by ownership, except that Bowlen is too busy on Jim Beam and slobbering on doorknobs to care.

Chiefshrink
02-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Interesting twist. Tells us a couple things...

- McDaniels appears to be very high on Cassel, even with a pro bowl QB on the roster.
- Pats 2008 GM and OC both wanted Cassel on their new teams.
- Detroit really wants to upgrade their QB situation, making it highly likely they take Stafford #1. This would hurt our trade-down options.

Not if Seattle or Niners want Sanchez or a team wants a prized LT.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Not if Seattle or Niners want Sanchez or a team wants a prized LT.

This is what I'm hoping. Is that with Crabtree's questions, that the Seahawks want Sanchez, or at least people think they want him, and a team like San Francisco or the Jets or Bucs make us a deal to move in front of them.

Or, what if it comes out that a team is in love with him, but think he will drop, so Pioli drafts him and tries to move him during the draft.

Der Flöprer
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
There have also been a ton of FA moves today that we haven't even really had time to discuss yet on here because of today's trade.

I'm not happy about Andra Davis going to Denver.

orange
02-28-2009, 03:30 PM

Show us anything that says anything like that and I'll tell you.

Brock
02-28-2009, 03:31 PM

Hey, believe what you want, tell me why the buzz is "Cutler is pissed".

orange
02-28-2009, 03:31 PM
It tells me what I've been saying all along. That my coach is an idiot and does not deserve to be the Coach of the Denver Broncos. He's a stupid toddler that doesn't know what he's doing.

He needs to be biatchslapped by ownership, except that Bowlen is too busy on Jim Beam and slobbering on doorknobs to care.

Don't be a fool. The Broncos picked up the phone is all.

orange
02-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey, believe what you want, tell me why the buzz is "Cutler is pissed".

The 49ers once talked with Baltimore about trading Montana for Elway. Montana got over it.

Brock
02-28-2009, 03:33 PM
The 49ers once talked with Baltimore about trading Montana for Elway. Montana got over it.

You're kind of glossing over the point that these other teams wouldn't have been thinking about doing the deal if Denver wasn't open to it in the first place.

BigRock
02-28-2009, 03:35 PM

Well, this not only suggests that (that McDaniels would rather have Cassel), it suggests McDaniels doesn't want Cutler at all.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/broncos.cutler.nfl.2.946829.html

Broncos Shopping Jay Cutler
Vic Lombardi DENVER (CBS4)

Blockbuster breaking news concerning the Denver Broncos.

Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi has learned the Broncos are actively trying to shop Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler. Lombardi spoke to Cutler this morning. "I've heard the rumors," Cutler said. "I know what they're trying to do. Even though I love Denver and I'd love to remain a Bronco, I know how this business works. If they want me to play somewhere else, so be it."

The Broncos had a three-way deal in the works late last night with the Patriots and Buccaneers. The proposed trade would've sent Cutler to Tampa and Matt Cassel to Denver. That deal fell apart when Cassel was traded to the Chiefs earlier this morning.

Now the Broncos are turning to other teams in an effort to trade Cutler, possibly the Detroit Lions.

CBS4 has also learned tight end Tony Scheffler has also been mentioned in trade talks.

When contacted by CBS4 this afternoon, Broncos GM Brian Xanders denied any plans to trade Cutler.

However, Cutler confirmed to CBS4 that he is aware that trade talks have taken place.

Der Flöprer
02-28-2009, 03:37 PM
And the Patsification of the AFC West continues.

orange
02-28-2009, 03:37 PM
You're kind of glossing over the point that these other teams wouldn't have been thinking about doing the deal if Denver wasn't open to it in the first place.

This was the extremely exploratory stage. Neither Tampa Bay nor Detroit had even talked to the Patriots yet (from what Schefter posted).

I suspect they might have thought McDaniels' prior relationship with Cassel might have led them to think he could be receptive. It might also be that they were as interested in his take on Cassel for their own teams.

Stuff like this happens all the time. Most of it never makes the news because it's so trivial. But the Cassel trade is such a big deal, we'll be hearing every aspect of it for awhile.

rad
02-28-2009, 03:38 PM
It's interesting that not one, but two teams inquired about the same trade......suggests that Denver put something out there.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, this not only suggests that (that McDaniels would rather have Cassel), it suggests McDaniels doesn't want Cutler at all.

Wow, I wonder if Denver is thinking about moving him to Detroit for their #20?

orange
02-28-2009, 03:39 PM

Everything in that is just repeating the same Schefter rumor. There's nothing new there.

Rausch

First the HC and now the QBOTF.

No idea why any feathers would be ruffled...

doomy3
This was the extremely exploratory stage. Neither Tampa Bay nor Detroit had even talked to the Patriots yet (from what Schefter posted).

I suspect they might have thought McDaniels' prior relationship with Cassel might have led them to think he could be receptive. It might also be that they were as interested in his take on Cassel for their own teams.

Stuff like this happens all the time. Most of it never makes the news because it's so trivial. But the Cassel trade is such a big deal, we'll be hearing every aspect of it for awhile.

As a Denver fan, what do you think of this deal for the Chiefs?

What is the general reaction at the Orange Mane?

Rausch
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Everything in that is just repeating the same Schefter rumor. There's nothing new there.

Right now Schefter is the only person out of Denver that appears to know WTF he's talking about...

doomy3
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM

Except for this part in the article:

Now the Broncos are turning to other teams in an effort to trade Cutler, possibly the Detroit Lions.

orange
02-28-2009, 03:43 PM
As a Denver fan, what do you think of this deal for the Chiefs?

What is the general reaction at the Orange Mane?

Not a bad deal overall for the Chiefs... except for the salary they're going to have to pay Cassel.

I'm kind of happy about it because the idiot NE fans who've been spending their two new first-rounders on Pats forums are now eating cowpies from the heartland.

(Also, I'm not on the Orangemane. Maybe someone else will jump in here).

orange
02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Except for this part in the article:

No, look again. The Lions were part of the original rumor.

When someone starts talking about Cutler for the Lions' draft picks or something, then that will be news.

BigRock
02-28-2009, 03:46 PM

I haven't heard Schefter say the Broncos are STILL trying to trade Cutler.

And you said to show you anything that suggested McDaniels would rather have Cassel than Cutler. I think that story does exactly that, especially if they're still trying to trade Cutler even with Cassel off the market.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
No, look again. The Lions were part of the original rumor.

When someone starts talking about Cutler for the Lions' draft picks or something, then that will be news.

I read that, but it reads like they didn't get that done, so now they are talking to the Lions about a trade. May be pure speculation though. Probably is.

Der Flöprer
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
(Also, I'm not on the Orangemane. Maybe someone else will jump in here).

Really? I always wondered why I liked you in spite of your Bronco fandom. I guess that must be it.

orange
02-28-2009, 03:50 PM
I haven't heard Schefter say the Broncos are STILL trying to trade Cutler.

And you said to show you anything that suggested McDaniels would rather have Cassel than Cutler. I think that story does exactly that, especially if they're still trying to trade Cutler even with Cassel off the market.

But I don't think they are. That story doesn't even mention the Lions version of the Cassel three-way. It just mentions the Lions with no details. I think Rausch hit it above - Schefter is the only one on top of this right now.

philfree
02-28-2009, 03:55 PM
If Detroit was wanting Cutler then they must not think Stafford is worth the 1st pick in the draft.

PhilFree:arrow:

mylittlepony
02-28-2009, 03:55 PM
I wouldnt touch cutler with a 10 foot pole. He reaks of bad leadership. I remember him throwing one of his teammates under the buss and Shanny on occation. Cutler will amount to Nothing (championship wise) but might have good stats due to his natural ability.

Chiefshrink
02-28-2009, 03:56 PM
But I don't think they are. That story doesn't even mention the Lions version of the Cassel three-way. It just mentions the Lions with no details. I think Rausch hit it above - Schefter is the only one on top of this right now.

I don't think they are either Orange, but I do think what is going on is McDaniels by allowing this type of stuff to leak is sending a very loud shot across the bow to Cutler, "You may have physical talent kid but you need to GrowTFU!!!! and be a true leader if you are going to be my QB!!

orange
02-28-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't think they are either Orange, but I do think what is going on is McDaniels by allowing this type of stuff to leak is sending a very loud shot across the bow to Cutler, "You may have physical talent kid but you need to GrowTFU!!!! and be a true leader if you are going to be my QB!!

I'd be willing to go along with that - IF McDaniels was old enough to shave.

BigRock
02-28-2009, 03:59 PM
But I don't think they are. That story doesn't even mention the Lions version of the Cassel three-way.

I don't think you're reading the story right. Or something. But the CBS4 story I posted said that with Cassel being traded to the Chiefs, "Now the Broncos are turning to other teams in an effort to trade Cutler".

In other words, they wanted to trade Cutler when Cassel was available, and they STILL want to trade him even now that Cassel is gone.

(So obviously they must think Cassel > Cutler, because they apparently think anything > Cutler.)

Schefter is the only one on top of this right now.

I have no idea if the CBS4 story is accurate. This Lombardi guy could be Denver's Nicky Athan. But you DID say to show anything.

orange
02-28-2009, 04:02 PM
I have no idea if the CBS4 story is accurate. This Lombardi guy could be Denver's Nicky Athan.

Bullseye!

orange
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
(So obviously they must think Cassel > Cutler, because they apparently think anything > Cutler.) >> According to Vic Lombardi

But you DID say to show anything.

Okay, I'll tell you then. In the Vic Lombardi version of reality, I would think Josh better learn to do things the DENVER way. The NEW ENGLAND way hasn't turned out so well outside of New England.

p.s. BigRock - congratulations on your first poll. A stunning, forum-shaking success!

beach tribe
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Seems that everyone who has worked with Cassel thinks he's going to be a good player.

Let's hope they're right.

aturnis
02-28-2009, 04:15 PM

Why would the Bronco's trade their first rounder to us for Cassel when they could have just traded to NE for Cassel?

Idiot...:D No, but seriously.

BigRock
02-28-2009, 04:26 PM
p.s. BigRock - congratulations on your first poll. A stunning, forum-shaking success!

Thank you! It was a very exciting moment for me.

Chiefshrink
02-28-2009, 04:27 PM
I'd be willing to go along with that - IF McDaniels was old enough to shave.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

He is your new 'Mike Shannahan' callin all the shots!! And Bowlin say's he runs the show? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! Head coach always calls the shots in the Bowlen model.

orange
02-28-2009, 04:36 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

He is your new 'Mike Shannahan' callin all the shots!! And Bowlin say's he runs the show? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! Head coach always calls the shots in the Bowlen model.

I'm thinking X-Man has the final say on personnel.

I truly think there's a New World Order in Denver.

* get the little shoutout to D.C.? :evil:

dirk digler
02-28-2009, 04:37 PM
LMAO Jay is pissed off and it appears is not wanted now in Denver since Shanny is gone

And here's where it gets interesting. Schefter's version creates the impression that the Broncos didn't initiate the talks, and merely responded to the offers presented. Vic Lombardi's version suggests that the Broncos were and are shopping the eleventh overall pick in the 2006 draft.

"I've heard the rumors (http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/broncos.cutler.nfl.2.946829.html)," Cutler told Vic Lombardi. "I know what they're trying to do. Even though I love Denver and I'd love to remain a Bronco, I know how this business works. If they want me to play somewhere else, so be it."

Despite Cutler's generally P.C. comments, Schefter contends that Cutler was angered by the news.

There's a consensus in league circles that Cutler has plateaued after showing some improvement early in the 2008 season. He has been criticized in some circles for having a nonchalant demeanor.

The reality is that, whenever there's a new coach, there's a chance that he'll want to pick his own quarterback. Regardless of whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks, the fact that the Broncos said anything other than "hell no" suggests that new coach Josh McDaniels wants to go in a different direction.

patteeu
02-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Don't be a fool. The Broncos picked up the phone is all.

There's got to be a reason why both Detroit and Tampa were under the impression that Cassel would be the trade bait they needed to get Denver to give up Cutler. At the very least, it sounds like the Broncos picked up the phone and then said "that sounds like an interesting idea".

Frazod
I think Cutler's diabetes may be a big issue here. Sure he's been alright so far, but that could go to shit at any time. If he gets hurt, how will the disease effect his ability to recover? I sure as hell wouldn't want him as my long-term solution guy with these question marks hanging over his head. Tough break for Cutler, but business is business.

the Talking Can
this is awesome

Denver's new coach has just told the whole league that he wishes he had KC's QB......

ROFL

dirk digler
02-28-2009, 04:42 PM
I think Cutler's diabetes may be a big issue here. Sure he's been alright so far, but that could go to shit at any time. If he gets hurt, how will the disease effect his ability to recover? I sure as hell wouldn't want him as my long-term solution guy with these question marks hanging over his head. Tough break for Cutler, but business is business.

I agree. It seems once he was diagnosed with diabetes he has gone downhill a little.

orange
02-28-2009, 04:45 PM
There's got to be a reason why both Detroit and Tampa were under the impression that Cassel would be the trade bait they needed to get Denver to give up Cutler. At the very least, it sounds like the Broncos picked up the phone and then said "that sounds like an interesting idea".

I'd definitely listen to Detroit for a minute if they mentioned "#1 pick."

ChiefGator
02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I'd definitely listen to Detroit for a minute if they mentioned "#1 pick."

Yep, exactly. Not sure Detroit would do it, but I'ld shop Cutler to Detriot in a heartbeart, for the #1. Not the #20 though. Maybe a swap of #1's with Detriot. Of course, then Denver is stuck paying HUGE bank to Stafford, the "Next Elway".

As a Chiefs fan, I'm not sure how I'ld feel about that trade. Cutler puts up great numbers, but for some reason, doesn't seem great to me.

Saul Good
02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I'd definitely listen to Detroit for a minute if they mentioned "#1 pick."It wouldn't be for the number 1 pick. It would probably be for the #1 pick of the second round.

blueballs
02-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Cutler will climb a clock tower and take people out
-repost by me for months

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 05:06 PM
I think people are making more of this than there is... I'm sure they listened to offers, but I just can't reasonably believe for a second that they're interested in moving Cutler for the #1 pick or anything else. Sure, there may have been interest in doing something that brought Cassell and something else in exchange for Cutler... but, apparently there either wasn't enough there to make it happen or the deal never really evolved that far.

But, feel free to run with it. I'll wait to see the implosion of team chemistry before I worry to much about it.

ChiefGator
02-28-2009, 05:08 PM
I think people are making more of this than there is... I'm sure they listened to offers, but I just can't reasonably believe for a second that they're interested in moving Cutler for the #1 pick or anything else. Sure, there may have been interest in doing something that brought Cassell and something else in exchange for Cutler... but, apparently there either wasn't enough there to make it happen or the deal never really evolved that far.

But, feel free to run with it. I'll wait to see the implosion of team chemistry before I worry to much about it.

Hey, it's the offseason, what do you expect.

How would you feel about this trade:
Denver gets #1 overall and a 3rd round pick (and essentially Stafford)
Detroit gets #11 overall (I think that's your pick) and Cutler

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Hey, it's the offseason, what do you expect.

How would you feel about this trade:
Denver gets #1 overall and a 3rd round pick (and essentially Stafford)
Detroit gets #11 overall (I think that's your pick) and Cutler

Totally against it..... I like Cutler and whatever they get at #12.

That trade does nothing for me. Why give up on Cutler for the top rookie QB and an extra R3 pick? Makes 0 sense to me.

I'd like to see what the Denver offense can do when it's not always being let down by the Denver defense. I have no problems with Cutler.

ChiefGator
02-28-2009, 05:19 PM

Makes sense. I'm not as sold on him. Great fantasy qb though....

And you are right, Detriot would probably have to throw in the 2nd rounder to even make it get legs, which doesn't seem like something that a defensive minded coach would want to do on a team with as many holes as the Lions.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 05:20 PM

That trade does nothing for me. Why give up on Cutler for the top rookie QB and an extra R3 pick? Makes 0 sense to me.

I'd like to see what the Denver offense can do when it's not always being let down by the Denver defense. I have no problems with Cutler.

You must not have heard that Stafford and Sanchez are the top QB prospects in the last 5-10 years.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Makes sense. I'm not as sold on him. Great fantasy qb though....

And you are right, Detriot would probably have to throw in the 2nd rounder to even make it get legs.

I don't see how Denver wouldn't get DET's R1 and R2... keeing their own #12. Even then, I don't do it.

ChiefGator
02-28-2009, 05:22 PM
You must not have heard that Stafford and Sanchez are the top QB prospects in the last 5-10 years.

And Stafford is just like that one guy.. uhh.. what's his name again.. John something or other... used to play for that Colorado team?

doomy3
02-28-2009, 05:23 PM
And Stafford is just like that one guy.. uhh.. what's his name again.. John something or other... used to play for that Colorado team?

Yeah, Bronco fans should be drooling over him. He is obviously John Elway and Sanchez is Troy Aikman.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Whatever, not sure if some of these comments are said in jest or not ... but, those two guys still have to prove they can play at the NFL level. Cutler is proven.

I'm sure there was interest in Cassell from a familiarity point of view and if the deal were right, I'm sure they would have done it.

Part of me also thinks that part of this is the new coach and GM wanting to let the team know that nobody is untouchable when it comes to the new look of the team. I'm sure Jay would be miffed... and for good reasons. The question becomes how he will respond and I think he'll respond just fine.

orange
02-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Speaking of John something or other....

Here's something I stumbled on last night while trolling for new FA rumors. Some of you Chiefs fans have come to have a grudging admiration for #7 lately; read this article and you might feel less dirty about it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3930609

doomy3
02-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Whatever, not sure if some of these comments are said in jest or not ... but, those two guys still have to prove they can play at the NFL level. Cutler is proven.

I'm sure there was interest in Cassell from a familiarity point of view and if the deal were right, I'm sure they would have done it.

Part of me also thinks that part of this is the new coach and GM wanting to let the team know that nobody is untouchable when it comes to the new look of the team. I'm sure Jay would be miffed... and for good reasons. The question becomes how he will respond and I think he'll respond just fine.

Yes, they are sarcastic. Those guys have been ballooned up on this board to be the class of 1983.

ChiefGator
02-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Speaking of John something or other....

Skimmed it. Favorite line was when I got a bit bored and looked down and saw this..

"Lil Bob was one of Montana's biggest Broncos fans." One of Joe Montana's fans? Oh..

Seriously, other than that stunt he pulled against Baltimore, hell of a lot of respect for Elway. Sucks. Painful.

Grudging admiration indeed.

Not many other QBs in the history of the game that I would take over Elway. Maybe none.

Frazod
According to Clayton, Cutler is "furious and has demanded a trade." No link - just heard on ESPNews.

Woodrow Call
According to Clayton, Cutler is "furious and has demanded a trade." No link - just heard on ESPNews.

I heard it as well.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

doomy3
02-28-2009, 05:39 PM

yep, heard that too

BigChiefFan
02-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Good to know that we got our guy and they didn't.

ChiefGator
02-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Those guys have been ballooned up on this board to be the class of 1983.

The biggest discussions around here (before today) are whether Stafford is going to be the clear cut best QB ever and Sanchez will be garbage, or if together they will form the dynamic duo and go down in history books as the best QB draft ever.

Well, almost.

orange
02-28-2009, 05:42 PM

The way this thing is spiralling, I'm tempted to say...

THE DEAL IS DONE

... but I won't.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 05:43 PM
I'll just sit back and see what happens, hell it's not like I can control anything that happens.

Bwana
02-28-2009, 06:02 PM

ROFL

Can this day get any better? Gold I tell you, pure gold!

eazyb81
02-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Cutler is now demanding a trade.

LMAO

We stole Denver's dream QB and now the QB they have now wants out.

What a perfect day.

EDIT: looks like frazod already broke the news

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Cutler is now demanding a trade.

LMAO

We stole Denver's dream QB and now the QB they have now wants out.

What a perfect day.

EDIT: looks like frazod already broke the news

I think that's stretching it a bit.

melbar
02-28-2009, 06:09 PM
M. Smith just said that Denver offered their 1st for Cassel...

eazyb81
02-28-2009, 06:09 PM
I think that's stretching it a bit.

How so?

orange
02-28-2009, 06:11 PM

... and New England took #34 instead of #12 ... and threw in Vrabel as well. :rolleyes:

Somehow I don't believe that.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 06:11 PM

Saw that too. Weird that the Pats took our deal for a second instead, and threw in Vrabel. If these reports end up being true and the Broncos or someone confirm them, I think some eyebrows will be raised about BB taking a worse deal because he was dealing with his friend.

FWIW, I find it hard to believe that the Broncos would have traded their first, but I do think it is somewhat likely that the Bucs would have.

KCChiefsFan88
02-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds like you are a bitter fan of a team with the realization (no matter how hard members of your pathetic fanbase may try to claim otherwise) that your top brass WANTED Cassel and now that they didn't get him are stuck trying to repair the relationship (and ego) of their lame duck QB.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Sounds like you are a bitter fan of a team with the realization (no matter how hard members of your pathetic fanbase may try to claim otherwise) that your top brass WANTED Cassel and now that they didn't get him are stuck trying to repair the relationship (and ego) of their lame duck QB.

Now there's a reach.

melbar
02-28-2009, 06:15 PM
... and New England took #34 instead of #12 ... and threw in Vrabel as well. :rolleyes:

Somehow I don't believe that.

Maybe he meant a first like next years? dunno, just what he said. maybe Belechic wanted to help out Pioli and has a problem with McDaniels?

orange
02-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Now there's a reach.

http://mbonillo.xavierre.com/httpdocs/exercises/imageshp/comics/4FMrFantastic.jpg

KCChiefsFan88
Now there's a reach.

Shanahan's personal enema disagrees with you:

Broncos | Cutler upset

eazyb81
Now there's a reach.

No, basically every media report is reporting this.

Speaking of reaches, McDaniels is going to have to give Cutler one hell of a reach around to convince him to play nice and stay in Denver.

Great start to the offseason for Denver! ROFL

ChiefGator
02-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler is a bit upset

Oh, what a glorious day! Cutler is a BIT UPSET! Yes! Has there ever been a better day to be a Chief?

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 06:28 PM
I never implied he wasn't or shouldn't be upset... I'll wait to get worried about any of this until I hear how things go the next few days.

KCChiefsFan88
02-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I never implied he wasn't or shouldn't be upset... I'll wait to get worried about any of this until I hear how things go the next few days.

I'm guessing that having to spend the first week of free agency massaging the bruised ego of your starting QB isn't the way you want to start your offseason.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm guessing that having to spend the first week of free agency massaging the bruised ego of your starting QB isn't the way you want to start your offseason.

Who knows what is really going on... it's all just 'reports' at this point. Could be very true, but we don't know what's going on yet.

buddha
02-28-2009, 06:43 PM
I like Cutler a lot. Denver needs to stop jerking him around and put a defense on the field that can stop ANYBODY. Also, a RB would help the situation greatly. If these reports re: McDaniel are true, he sounds very confused.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 06:44 PM
I like Cutler a lot. Denver needs to stop jerking him around and put a defense on the field that can stop ANYBODY. Also, a RB would help the situation greatly. If these reports re: McDaniel are true, he sounds very confused.

Agreed.

wazu
02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't believe that the Broncos were doing anything more than fielding calls. No reason not to answer and at least hear what the deal is. But there is no way they would let Cutler go for Cassel. The best possible scenario if they did would be that Cassel would play at a level equivalent to the pro bowl QB they already drafted and developed.

I think these teams were just trying to make something happen with the hopes that McDaniels would be madly in love with his former QB and give up Cutler. And it turns out those hopes were unfounded.

notorious
02-28-2009, 06:51 PM
I don't believe that the Broncos were doing anything more than fielding calls. No reason not to answer and at least hear what the deal is. But there is no way they would let Cutler go for Cassel. The best possible scenario if they did would be that Cassel would play at a level equivalent to the pro bowl QB they already drafted and developed.

I think these teams were just trying to make something happen with the hopes that McDaniels would be madly in love with his former QB and give up Cutler. And it turns out those hopes were unfounded.

This.

If TB and Detroit were calling the Chiefs with trade offers for DT in his prime, the Chiefs would still pick up the phone.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 06:51 PM

Another solid view.

notorious
02-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Another solid view.

Pretty simple when people use common sense.

Von Dumbass
02-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Denver wasn't shopping Cutler. They were listening to offers. Other teams were calling THEM for Jay Cutler and Denver declined.

the Talking Can
02-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Denver's coach wants our QB.

ROFL

hilarious

alanm
02-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Bullseye! I was listening to espn radio on the way home from the store. John Clayton also confirmed that the Bronco's are trying to shop Cutler. "And if nothing else happens then McDaniels has some some serious fence building to do between him and Cutler." John Clayton :)

Von Dumbass
02-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Denver's coach knows our QB sucks.

ROFL

hilarious

FYP

doomy3
02-28-2009, 07:00 PM
FYP

Seems there is much more to support the former, douche.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11809351

Ok, so he is a little pissed. :( We'll see what happens.

"Anything can be mended," he said. "I'll always play with the guys we've got. I love playing for those guys. Obviously, Josh and I's relationship has taken a few steps backward. I don't play for the coaches anyway, I play for teammates. As long as we keep the guys we've got I'll go out there and play. I love those guys."

doomy3
02-28-2009, 07:05 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11809351

Ok, so he is a little pissed. :( We'll see what happens.

"Anything can be mended," he said. "I'll always play with the guys we've got. I love playing for those guys. Obviously, Josh and I's relationship has taken a few steps backward. I don't play for the coaches anyway, I play for teammates. As long as we keep the guys we've got I'll go out there and play. I love those guys."

From that article:

"My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler said this afternoon. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity."

"I'm upset. I mean I'm really shocked at this point," he said. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. I just don't get it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."

"I know they love playing for me and I love playing for them," Cutler said. "There's going to be a lot of problems if they try to trade me. Well, they've already tried to trade me, but if they trade me for sure."

Sure sounds like Cutler himself thinks they were doing more than just "fielding calls."

orange
02-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Sure sounds like Cutler himself thinks they were doing more than just "fielding calls."

"It may be important to note, Tampa Bay initiated the deal. And they weren't the only team that inquired about acquiring Cutler.

"He's not the only person in the last few days we've received calls on," McDaniels said. "We've received trade calls on a number of players, which is not uncommon this time of the year. I also think the sensitivity of the other trade that was occurring, with my relationship with New England and the whole Cassel thing, I think that stirred the pot even more."

And then McDaniels made a point of emphasis: "We don't want to trade Jay. We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team.""

Like I said before, the 49ers once talked about trading Montana. Montana got over it.

[edit] Note also that McDaniels is channeling ME and my comments on this thread! Have we found yet another NFLer who secretly reads ChiefsPlanet?

Bwana
02-28-2009, 07:10 PM

It does indeed. :D

JASONSAUTO
02-28-2009, 07:10 PM
"

Like I said before, the 49ers once talked about trading Montana. Montana got over it.

but eventually they did trade montana:evil:

orange
02-28-2009, 07:11 PM
but eventually they did trade montana:evil:

You can have Cutler, too... after he wins four SuperBowls for Denver and we have his Hall Of Fame replacement on the team. ;)

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 07:14 PM
It should all smooth over and work itself out...

Cave Johnson
02-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Only the Lions would pass on Cutler in their 1 non-WR year.

Oh, and if someone has photoshop skills, can you change the caption below my av to nope?

el borracho
02-28-2009, 07:25 PM
I forget... was Cutler the bully or the baby in the Rivers vs. Cutler nonsense?

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 07:25 PM
I forget... was Cutler the bully or the baby in the Rivers vs. Cutler nonsense?

I believe it was SD created... don't really care.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 07:33 PM
ESPN's Michael Smith reports that the Broncos were actually the ones who initiated talks FWIW. This was on ESPN News.

el borracho
02-28-2009, 07:34 PM
I believe it was SD created... don't really care.

What do you mean, "SD created"? Rivers was the bully?

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Even if they did start it... I can't blame them for seeing just exactly what they could get in return.

Valiant
02-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Saw that too. Weird that the Pats took our deal for a second instead, and threw in Vrabel. If these reports end up being true and the Broncos or someone confirm them, I think some eyebrows will be raised about BB taking a worse deal because he was dealing with his friend.

FWIW, I find it hard to believe that the Broncos would have traded their first, but I do think it is somewhat likely that the Bucs would have.

Well everyone says BB hates top picks and would rather be drafting lower in the first..

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 07:44 PM
What do you mean, "SD created"? Rivers was the bully?

Honestly don't know how it all started... I don't know how the whole fiasco with Rivers/Cutler started, but I do believe the SD guys were the ones fueling it.

orange
02-28-2009, 07:45 PM
The proposed trade was supposedly Cutler to Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay's pick(s) to New England, and Cassel to Denver... according to Bill Williamson's source.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-5-587/Source--Spurned-Cutler-wants-to-be-traded.html

BigRock
02-28-2009, 07:46 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1666/Source--Spurned-Cutler-wants-to-be-traded.html

The source said in the aftermath of the news Saturday, Cutler asked permission to find his own trade partner but was denied by the Broncos. The source added that Cutler is still hopeful he will be traded because he feels betrayed by McDaniels.

What a baby.

JASONSAUTO
02-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Honestly don't know how it all started... I don't know how the whole fiasco with Rivers/Cutler started, but I do believe the SD guys were the ones fueling it.

i felt that way at the time too

el borracho
02-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Well, then, that is two checks in the "way too sensitive" column for Cutler. Hell of an athlete, though.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Hopefully this jumpstarts his growing up process...

orange
02-28-2009, 07:50 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1666/Source--Spurned-Cutler-wants-to-be-traded.html

HA! Beat you by a minute.

From that article, I'm guessing the "source" for all this is Cutler's agent.

unlurking
02-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Hopefully this jumpstarts his growing up process...
Can't be worse then a diaper comment.

rad
02-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Cuntler needs to sack-up play ball......this aint ****ing Vanderbilt...

DaWolf
02-28-2009, 07:52 PM
What is it with these players feeling betrayed once a Belichick guy takes over?

DaFace
02-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Wow...I hate to say it, but I have to side with the Broncos on this one. Cutler's acting like a complete baby about this whole deal. Of course, he does the same thing when he doesn't get his way on the field, so I guess it's not a surprise.

DaWolf
02-28-2009, 07:53 PM
CUTLER THINKS HE'S STILL ON THE BLOCK (http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/02/cutler-thinks-hes-still-on-the.html)
Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:25 PM
Despite an effort by the team to explain that it wasn't and isn't trying to trade him, quarterback Jay Cutler considers himself on the block.

"My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler told Mike Klis of the Denver Post. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity."

Past tense. I liked it here.

And there's more.

"I'm upset," Cutler said. "I mean I'm really shocked at this point. I could see why they want [Matt] Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. I just don't get it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."

Coach Josh McDaniels questions the accuracy of Cutler's sources.

"We don't want to trade Jay," McDaniels told Klis. "We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team."

But, really, what else could McDaniels say? If they can't trade Cutler, they need to move forward.

And Cutler seems to be willing to give it a try.

And Cutler offered a warning regarding the potential reaction of his teammates to a trade.

"I know they love playing for me and I love playing for them," Cutler said. "There's going to be a lot of problems if they try to trade me. Well, they've already tried to trade me, but if they trade me for sure."

orange
02-28-2009, 07:54 PM
What is it with these players feeling betrayed once a Belichick guy takes over?

It's the "New England Way." These guys come in high-handed, like they've actually done something on their own without BB.

JASONSAUTO
02-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Wow...I hate to say it, but I have to side with the Broncos on this one. Cutler's acting like a complete baby about this whole deal. Of course, he does the same thing when he doesn't get his way on the field, so I guess it's not a surprise.

i've had the feeling that stafford is the same way. mostly by his demeanor/facial expressions when things go bad

BigRock
02-28-2009, 07:58 PM
HA! Beat you by a minute.

You must have edited that link in!

I CALL SHENANIGANS

doomy3
02-28-2009, 07:59 PM
I don't know how you guys would expect Cutler to act in this situation.

He just got done playing for a coach who continually praised him and played up to the press how great he was. He was an undisputed franchise QB, and has been pretty damn good.

Then a new coach comes in and reportedly initiates trade talks to trade him for Cassel? Or at the very least, considered offers for this.

I can see why Cutler would feel a little betrayed in this.

orange
02-28-2009, 08:01 PM
You must have edited that link in!

I CALL SHENANIGANS

Who, me?

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I think he has every right to be upset, it's no different than any of us being in a job with a new manager coming in and talking about bringing in one of his former star employees to take over your roll.

That being said, he needs to move on...

Brock
02-28-2009, 08:07 PM
"It's a knife to Jay's heart"? Jesus, what a pussy.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1666/Spurned-Cutler-wants-to-be-traded.html

orange
02-28-2009, 08:08 PM

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1666/Spurned-Cutler-wants-to-be-traded.html

That sounds just like an agent, doesn't it?

doomy3
02-28-2009, 08:09 PM

Source: Spurned Cutler wants to be traded

February 28, 2009 7:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Denver Broncos may have seriously damaged their relationship with quarterback Jay Cutler.

A source close to the situation confirmed the Broncos were trying to acquire quarterback Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots by dangling Cutler, their Pro Bowl quarterback.

The trade talk infuriated Cutler, who now wants to leave the Broncos.

The source said the proposed trade was a three-way deal that would have sent Cassel to Denver to reunite with former Patriots offensive coordinator and new Denver head coach Josh McDaniels, Cutler to Tampa Bay and compensation from Tampa Bay to New England.

Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel were traded Saturday to Denver's AFC West rival Kansas City for a second-round pick.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Broncos pursued the trade because McDaniels wanted to be reunited with Cassel, who excelled under McDaniels last season as an injury replacement for Tom Brady.

In the aftermath of the trade Saturday, Cutler asked permission to find his own trade partner but was denied by the Broncos, according to the source. Cutler is still hopeful he will be traded because he feels betrayed by McDaniels, the source said.

The source said Denver is no longer interested in dealing Cutler, who made the Pro Bowl in 2008, his second full season as a starter. The source said Tampa Bay, Detroit and Chicago could be possible destinations if Cutler gets his way and is traded. The source pointed out that until Cutler heard about the trade talks Saturday, he was completely happy playing for McDaniels and being in Denver.

It may be difficult for Denver to trade Cutler now because there are no other quality quarterbacks available. It would be silly to trade him to the Lions for the No. 1 overall pick and try to draft Georgia's Matthew Stafford or USC's Mark Sanchez. Neither of those players is a known commodity, while Cutler has blossomed into one of the NFL's better quarterbacks.

Denver has to regain Cutler's trust immediately or this could turn into one of the NFL's uglier situations.

The source said that while Denver hopes to smooth the situation over, Cutler probably will seek to depart Denver as a restricted free agent in two years. Cutler signed a six-year deal with the Broncos after he was drafted with the No. 11 overall pick in 2006.

The source said Cutler was hurt by the news that McDaniels wanted to start his Denver tenure with Cassel and not him.

"The relationship has been tarnished," the source said. "I think it's beyond repair."

Cutler expressed displeasure when Denver fired coach Mike Shanahan in December. However, he has been publicly supportive of McDaniels and had several good meetings with the coach in the weeks since McDaniels took over. The source said Cutler was confused by the trade talk.

"It's like a knife to Jay's heart," the source said. "It will be hard for him to get past this."

McDaniels will be able to get past this issue, but it may take some time. The Broncos sold McDaniels' hiring as a chance for Cutler to flourish. Seven weeks later, the pairing has taken a sudden and potentially disastrous turn.

Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels, Matt Cassel

Brock
That sounds just like an agent, doesn't it?

I don't think it's the agent wanting to make his own trade. Cutler is coming off looking really weak here.

doomy3
Well, it sounds like both McDaniels and Pioli think Cassel has a better future than Cutler...

wild1
02-28-2009, 08:11 PM
If someone calls your GM with a trade proposal, he's supposed to at least listen. He is not doing his job if he doesn't.

If they are actively trying to dump him then I understand his frustration. I bet he wishes Shanahan was coaching in the league this year.

At least if he leaves Denver we won't have to watch him do his crybaby act to the referee after every down

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Well, it sounds like both McDaniels and Pioli think Cassel has a better future than Cutler...

Heh - right.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Heh - right.

Well, if these reports are true, doesn't it say that?

orange
02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Well, if these reports are true, doesn't it say that?

No. If McDaniel actually thinks Cassel is better, why didn't they make the trade?

JASONSAUTO
02-28-2009, 08:15 PM
No. If McDaniel actually thinks Cassel is better, why didn't they make the trade?

BELICHEK LIKES pioli more

chiefforlife
02-28-2009, 08:16 PM

That is AWESOME. I could hear it a thousand times.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 08:16 PM

That's what I don't get. If the Broncos were the ones initiating these talks like Michael Smith said, it doesn't make sense. Smith said the Broncos offered their first for Cassel, and so did the Bucs.

chiefforlife
02-28-2009, 08:17 PM

The report said that the trade to KC made this deal impossible.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 08:21 PM
It will be hilarious if Cutler really presses the issue and the Broncos end up moving him for below value. Something like Detroit's #20. Then they draft Freeman

DeezNutz
02-28-2009, 08:23 PM
It will be hilarious if Cutler really presses the issue and the Broncos end up moving him for below value. Something like Detroit's #20. Then they draft Freeman

I think some semen just leaked out. A little pre-ejaculate action.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 08:27 PM
I think some semen just leaked out. A little pre-ejaculate action.

Yes, that would be a JIMP moment.

Von Dumbass
02-28-2009, 08:32 PM

Here is a phone interview with Cutler about this whole deal. He doesn't seem to happy about it but I think he still would like to play for the Broncos.

orange
02-28-2009, 08:37 PM
I posted this in the other thread, but that's degenerated into shit-slinging, so I'm bringing it back over here.

sounds like lotls of manlove going on in Denver.

McDaniels should take Cutler to John Elway's restaurant to work things out...

... wait a minute. Probably a bad choice.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 09:25 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3608

Jay Cutler-QB- Broncos Feb. 28 - 10:16 pm et

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Jay Cutler is still "not so sure" he'll be back with the Broncos after they shopped him around the league.
New coach Josh McDaniels is playing with fire. Losing the confidence of Cutler -- the most valuable player on Denver's roster -- could haunt the Broncos all offseason. There isn't a quarterback-needy team in the league that wouldn't want him and the Broncos' only other QB under contract is practice squader Darrell Hackney. McDaniels has some explaining to do.

unlurking
02-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Wow, Thigpen's value keeps rising!

;)

doomy3
02-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Denver fans are in full-meltdown mode over this. Read the comments following this article:

http://broncotalk.net/2009/02/jay-cutler-involved-in-trade-talks/

"I don’t care if Cassal and McDaniels used to reenact scenes of “Brokeback Mountain” together. This is absolute garbage. If this is Josh’s attempt to cast a larger shadow over the franchise and become its face, like his Obi One in Patriot land, then he can go right back to the East coast right now. Right now, Cutler is the Broncos."

ROFL

the Talking Can
02-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Denver's coach wants our QB.

ROFL

Chiefshrink
02-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Denver fans are in full-meltdown mode over this. Read the comments following this article:

http://broncotalk.net/2009/02/jay-cutler-involved-in-trade-talks/

"I don’t care if Cassal and McDaniels used to reenact scenes of “Brokeback Mountain” together. This is absolute garbage. If this is Josh’s attempt to cast a larger shadow over the franchise and become its face, like his Obi One in Patriot land, then he can go right back to the East coast right now. Right now, Cutler is the Broncos."

ROFL

Like I said earlier in this thread that McDaniels allowed this info to be leaked so as to send a "message across the bow" to Cutler "GrowTFU"!!!!!! if you want to play QB here in Denver. Remember Pioli's words describing a successful QB was not only physically talented and smart but more important is 'mentally tough'. And I damn guarantee you McDaniels follows the same philosophy.

McDaniels sent his message today to Jay telling him to toughen up because the immature pouting will not be tolerated:shake:. Denver was never going to trade this guy.:shake:

doomy3
02-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Comment from Broncos' Fan:

"here is more info: Michael Smith reported that the Broncos CONTACTED the Vikings to trade Jay Cutler if the Vikings Acquired Cassel. and not only did the Broncos offer up Cutler, but our first round pick as well for Cassel?? anyone care to enlighten me as to why McDaniels should keep his job? Cutler and a first round pick for Cassel??? PPPPFFFTTTT where is Bowlen in all this?? at the bar with his head in the swill bucket?? at the country club sipping martinis? what the hell is going on? when did Bowlen put this idiot in charge. no wonder Mcdaniels wouldnt coment on this. he is mad he didnt get Cassel and wants Cutler gone. McDaniels has made a fatal mistake by pissing off the franchise QB and nearly made a bigger mistake by getting cassel and losing our first round pick. what an idiot."

ROFL

kcpasco
02-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Yes, Jay is a whiny bitch

doomy3
03-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Another Broncos' Fan comment:

"Dude its looking like McD/X screwed up. I mean really screwed UP! I am really concerned. He just pissed off the franchise QB and has no replacement. Im speechless. He has to patch this up NOW. He has no other options. This could be the dumbest thing i have heard a coach or GM do to a franchise."

Chiefshrink
03-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Another Broncos' Fan comment:

"Dude its looking like McD/X screwed up. I mean really screwed UP! I am really concerned. He just pissed off the franchise QB and has no replacement. Im speechless. He has to patch this up NOW. He has no other options. This could be the dumbest thing i have heard a coach or GM do to a franchise."

I think McDaniels used this situation of these teams wanting Cutler as a way of sending a message to Jay, "Please grow up like Matt has done"!!ROFLROFLROFL But then again, he is 32 y.o. and now Bowlen has paid the price of handing over the reigns to a novice Coach/GM.ROFLROFLROFL

Who knows????????????????????

crazycoffey
03-01-2009, 02:28 PM
but but, cutler was a first round "stud QB" to build a franchise around!!!!

Ralphy Boy
03-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I think McDaniels used this situation of these teams wanting Cutler as a way of sending a message to Jay, "Please grow up like Matt has done"!!ROFLROFLROFL But then again, he is 32 y.o. and now Bowlen has paid the price of handing over the reigns to a novice Coach/GM.ROFLROFLROFL

Who knows????????????????????

Don't you just know that Shanahan is sitting back somewhere, cigar in his hand, laughing his freakin ass off?
http://www.tonsoft-shirts.com/catalog/VMRL.jpg

Woodrow Call
03-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Pioli is in their heads.....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77714&page=3

The only other thing I've heard this morning worth noting is that Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, learned about the reports from Cutler - who heard about them from Adam Schefter. The belief of some is that Schefter learned about it from Pioli.

Sounds like Pioli and KC played us for a fool. They stole the QB we wanted and ruffled the feathers of the QB we're stuck with. Hate to say it, but good day to be a Chiefs fan.

Remember when Pioli was in the running for jobs there were reports that Pioli didn't want McDaniels, he felt he wasn't ready. Did Pioli just prove his point?