PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The opposite of the true fan...

Count Zarth
02-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Is the False Fan.

Anyone who is criticizing what we've done so far to the point where they're saying "oh we're fucked, Cassel is not a franchise quarterback, we won't win a Super Bowl," is going WAY OVERBOARD.

Scott Pioli knows more about football than everyone on this board COMBINED! TIMES A BILLION!

So just sit back and enjoy the ride.

False Fans are just as bad as True Fans...and they can't use being dumb as an excuse, either. CHILL!

unothadeal
02-28-2009, 02:47 PM

Heard that before.

Sam Hall
02-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Also, supporting the new regime to the point of criticizing players who don't deserve it, such as Tony Gonzalez and Trent Green.

Stewie
02-28-2009, 02:49 PM
...and thus a religion is born.

Count Zarth
02-28-2009, 02:50 PM
False Fans:

Hamas Jenkins
OTWP58
milkman

Shape up you negative nancies.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Is the False Fan.

Anyone who is criticizing what we've done so far to the point where they're saying "oh we're fucked, Cassel is not a franchise quarterback, we won't win a Super Bowl," is going WAY OVERBOARD.

Scott Pioli knows more about football than everyone on this board COMBINED! TIMES A BILLION!

False Fans are just as bad as True Fans...and they can't use being dumb as an excuse, either. CHILL!

I agree. And I'm definitely not that guy. I've voiced my opinion on it, but I've also said I trust Scott's opinion much more than mine. I'm excited. Matt Cassel is going to be a big upgrade over Tyler Thigpen. A BIG fucking upgrade. Cassel's accuracy alone makes him ten times the QB Thigpen will be.

KCtotheSB
02-28-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm definently excited. We've rebooted (again) and this time it feels a lot more right. No Carl, no Herm, a new attitude....I'm pumped!

Sam Hall
False Fans:

Hamas Jenkins
OTWP58
milkman

DaneMcCloud is the worst of the bunch.

keg in kc
Heard that before.Usually right before the GHB kicks in and you wake up with this awful taste in your mouth and this bizarre vaseline-like ring around your anus.

Oh, wait, out loud.

tk13
I don't know about that, but some people are gonna be upset because they've pretty much sold out over the last 8 months to Stafford or Sanchez, and in the process of 2 days of FA, that has been wiped out. That's why I said then, you don't put all your eggs in one basket. And I like Stafford a lot, but you don't put your eggs in one basket because then you go nuts when the team goes in a different direction. And then you have moments like today when some very smart people say some very silly things out of frustration.

ChiefRon
02-28-2009, 02:52 PM
This is America, we're all entitled to our own opinions.

Jilly
02-28-2009, 02:53 PM
You know there's always going to be people who can't for the life of them see the good.

Fritz88
02-28-2009, 02:54 PM

That's too much. I'd say times 3424.45

Reaper16
02-28-2009, 02:54 PM
This is stupid as fuck.

OnTheWarpath58
02-28-2009, 02:55 PM
False Fans:

Hamas Jenkins
OTWP58
milkman

I agree. And I'm definitely not that guy. I've voiced my opinion on it, but I've also said I trust Scott's opinion much more than mine. I'm excited. Matt Cassel is going to be a big upgrade over Tyler Thigpen. A BIG fucking upgrade. Cassel's accuracy alone makes him ten times the QB Thigpen will be.

So, we're supposed to give Pioli a free pass on every decision he makes, just because he has some hardware?

You act like he's incapable of making a bad decision.

I have news for you - he's human, and makes mistakes. Ask Amnorix. I'm sure there are numerous decisions Pioli made that made him shake his head.

For the record, and contrary to popular belief, I've NEVER ONCE CLAIMED that I'm smarter than Scott Pioli. NOT ONCE.

However, last I checked, this place is here for people to voice their opinions, positive and negative.

I said in the other thread that while I think the trade is great value, I don't think that Cassel can lead us to the ultimate goal. That doesn't mean I'm not going to support him.

But what I'm not going to do is become a goddamn WPI poster and never question anything this franchise ever does, and act like everything is fucking rainbows and lollipops.

Flopnuts: I agree, Cassel is a monumental upgrade. But do you think he can lead us to a Lombardi Trophy? Because that's all that matters.

eazyb81
02-28-2009, 02:56 PM
I think some were just so dogmatic in their opinion that we needed to bite the bullet and draft a potential franchise QB with what might be our last top 3 pick for the next decade or so that they have trouble being unbiased about this deal.

I definitely wanted to draft a QB at #3, but Pioli has worked with Cassel every day for the last four years and we just got him and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick. That's a fantastic deal IMO, but I'm not going to call anyone out if they simply don't agree.

keg in kc
02-28-2009, 02:58 PM
You know there's always going to be people who can't for the life of them see the good.And they'll always be balanced out by the people who're gaily skipping along, oblivious to the piano that just rolled out of a third-story window.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-28-2009, 02:58 PM
But do you think he can lead us to a Lombardi Trophy? Because that's all that matters.
That's all that matters TO YOU.

Rain Man
02-28-2009, 02:59 PM
That's too much. I'd say times 3424.45

I need to know how we're calculating knowledge. Are we counting false knowledge as a negative, or are we only counting positive knowledge? So for example, does someone who thinks Roger Staubach was a running back count against us with negative points? Or are they merely bringing zero knowledge?

Stewie
So, we're supposed to give Pioli a free pass on every decision he makes, just because he has some hardware?

You act like he's incapable of making a bad decision.

I have news for you - he's human, and makes mistakes. Ask Amnorix. I'm sure there are numerous decisions Pioli made that made him shake his head.

For the record, and contrary to popular belief, I've NEVER ONCE CLAIMED that I'm smarter than Scott Pioli. NOT ONCE.

However, last I checked, this place is here for people to voice their opinions, positive and negative.

I said in the other thread that while I think the trade is great value, I don't think that Cassel can lead us to the ultimate goal. That doesn't mean I'm not going to support him.

But what I'm not going to do is become a goddamn WPI poster and never question anything this franchise ever does, and act like everything is ****ing rainbows and lollipops.

Flopnuts: I agree, Cassel is a monumental upgrade. But do you think he can lead us to a Lombardi Trophy? Because that's all that matters.

I agree. I said it in six words.

CupidStunt
False Fans:

Hamas Jenkins
OTWP58
milkman

OTW58 is on the borderline. He's not quite stuck on stupid. We'll have to see how he goes over the next few months. The other two have gone full-blown retarded, which is a shame in milkman's case.

By the way, you forgot the worst of the bunch, their inspirational LEADER -- Mecca.

jAZ
Is the False Fan.

Anyone who is criticizing what we've done so far to the point where they're saying "oh we're ****ed, Cassel is not a franchise quarterback, we won't win a Super Bowl," is going WAY OVERBOARD.

True.

Reaper16
02-28-2009, 03:01 PM
True.
False.

unothadeal
02-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Usually right before the GHB kicks in and you wake up with this awful taste in your mouth and this bizarre vaseline-like ring around your anus.

Oh, wait, out loud.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5420181&postcount=216

Sam Hall
02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't have a problem with opinions; it was the way Dane behaved toward people he disagreed with. I hope he finds out what happens on Chiefs Planet when things don't go your way:D

OnTheWarpath58

http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

*speechless*

ChiefRon
At this point in time, with the value that would have been there at 34, I won't call it an "awesome" deal, just a "fair" deal.

I'm ok with it, as long as we didn't give up #3 overall I'll go along with it for now.

If Cassel flops, it will depend on the long-term deal we give him, not necessarily the loss of that 2nd pick.

If Cassel makes the Pro Bowl, then it's a fantastic deal.

At least we won't have to suffer through Thigpen again, that's what I was most worried about and why I was pushing so hard for Stafford/Sanchez at #3.

Now it comes down to Curry, Crabtree, or possibly Brown/Orakpo, IMO.

Basileus777
02-28-2009, 03:03 PM
I think some were just so dogmatic in their opinion that we needed to bite the bullet and draft a potential franchise QB with what might be our last top 3 pick for the next decade or so that they have trouble being unbiased about this deal.

I definitely wanted to draft a QB at #3, but Pioli has worked with Cassel every day for the last four years and we just got him and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick. That's a fantastic deal IMO, but I'm not going to call anyone out if they simply don't agree.

This.

the Talking Can
02-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Is the False Fan.

Anyone who is criticizing what we've done so far to the point where they're saying "oh we're ****ed, Cassel is not a franchise quarterback, we won't win a Super Bowl," is going WAY OVERBOARD.

says the fake journalist

OnTheWarpath58
02-28-2009, 03:09 PM

I'm still baffled by this comment.

Did I miss a meeting this morning, where the NFL announced they have scrapped the idea of crowning a champion in early February, and are going to the little league idea of giving all 32 teams a participation medal?

Holy Christ.

If you don't care about winning the Super Bowl, why in God's name would anyone follow a team?

I guess the comments about the fans just wanting a 8-8 season so their tailgates and parties aren't ruined have some truth to them.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2009, 03:10 PM

I never thought you were in that club. At all. Matter of fact, I think you and I have a lot of the same opinions on the Chiefs.

No. I don't think Cassel can win us a SB outside of a Trent Dilfer type role and have said that in a couple of other threads.

Yes. Pioli is getting a pass from me now in spite of the fact that every move he's made has made me scratch my head and ask WTF? Because I wanted him hired in the first place. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

ChiefRon
02-28-2009, 03:12 PM
I will say this: if Stafford or Sanchez reach a SB and we do not, I will be freakin' pissed beyond all measure.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but if these guys whiff to that extent on this decision, then all of the hope from re-doing the FO will be for nothing.

Count Zarth
02-28-2009, 03:15 PM
OTW58 is on the borderline. He's not quite stuck on stupid. We'll have to see how he goes over the next few months. The other two have gone full-blown retarded, which is a shame in milkman's case.

By the way, you forgot the worst of the bunch, their inspirational LEADER -- Mecca.

I haven't seen Mecca's reaction to this.

OTWP58 said we wouldn't win a Super Bowl in the other thread...

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-28-2009, 03:16 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

*speechless*
Yes, I know it's shocking, but there are people out there that simply enjoy watching the games, and they outnumber the people like you.

OnTheWarpath58
02-28-2009, 03:16 PM

And?

Count Zarth
02-28-2009, 03:17 PM
That's just ridiculous.

keg in kc
02-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes, I know it's shocking, but there are people out there that simply enjoy watching the games, and they outnumber the people like you.Yeah, the last two years have been great. Who needs to win, anyway.

ncCHIEFfan
02-28-2009, 03:19 PM
You know there's always going to be people who can't for the life of them see the good.

...and that is truely sad

OnTheWarpath58
02-28-2009, 03:20 PM
I never thought you were in that club. At all. Matter of fact, I think you and I have a lot of the same opinions on the Chiefs.

No. I don't think Cassel can win us a SB outside of a Trent Dilfer type role and have said that in a couple of other threads.

Yes. Pioli is getting a pass from me now in spite of the fact that every move he's made has made me scratch my head and ask WTF? Because I wanted him hired in the first place. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I'm with you, other than giving Pioli a pass.

I'll never be a fan that blindly follows. If I feel they made a poor choice, I'll say so, and also say that I hope like hell I'm wrong.

I'm always going to call it as I see it. I'll praise him when I agree, and question him when I don't. He's human just like the rest of us, and is going to make mistakes.

That's about as fair as you can get, and I'm getting barbecued over it.

ncCHIEFfan
02-28-2009, 03:20 PM
ya know spoken words are powerful. try speaking posative words into existance

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm still baffled by this comment.

Did I miss a meeting this morning, where the NFL announced they have scrapped the idea of crowning a champion in early February, and are going to the little league idea of giving all 32 teams a participation medal?

Holy Christ.

If you don't care about winning the Super Bowl, why in God's name would anyone follow a team?

I guess the comments about the fans just wanting a 8-8 season so their tailgates and parties aren't ruined have some truth to them.
It does. Carl was many things, but stupid wasn't one of them. I'm not trying to rip on you specifically, but you need to realize not all fans have the same mindset as you, and nothing you do or say is going to change that. It's entertainment for many people, and nothing else.

CupidStunt

It'll be negative, and it'll be borderline stupid. Don't rush to defend him and bash someone like OTW58, who we at least know would actually celebrate any success of the Chiefs in the near future.

Reasonable opinion. We'll see.

-King-
I cant seriously believe what I'm reading. I can understand criticism of the trade, but to say that Sanchez is hands and feet down better than Cassel is rediculous. To say Sanchez can take his team to the SB faster than Cassel can is the dumbest shit ever. He couldnt take his college team to the fucking NC and yet he can take his NFL team to the SB no questions asked? Most likely he'll go to a sub 7 win team, and yet he'll turn them around and take them to the superbowl easily huh? Stafford will go to the Lions...yes, he'll take them to the superbowl just as easy. ROFL Sometimes, I think people here just bitch just for the sake of bitching.

OnTheWarpath58
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
That's just ridiculous.

Be honest.

Do you think that Kansas City will win a Super Bowl with Matt Cassel as the starting QB?

Or are you just happy that we've upgraded at a crucial position, and will be happy with mediocrity and the occasional 1-and-done in the playoffs?

Count Zarth
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Be honest.

Do you think that Kansas City will win a Super Bowl with Matt Cassel as the starting QB?

I don't know.

I think there's a chance.

To rule it out at this point is ridiculous. Ridiculous.

I know one thing for sure - Cassel is NOT Trent Dilfer.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm with you, other than giving Pioli a pass.

I'll never be a fan that blindly follows. If I feel they made a poor choice, I'll say so, and also say that I hope like hell I'm wrong.

I'm always going to call it as I see it. I'll praise him when I agree, and question him when I don't. He's human just like the rest of us, and is going to make mistakes.

That's about as fair as you can get, and I'm getting barbecued over it.

Well, I don't think you should be. I've pretty much came out and disagreed with everything he's done and then stated how much I hoped I'm wrong as well. I don't think our takes are very different at all. And I'm definitely not getting bbq'd over it.

Of course, nobody gives a shit what I think anyways. ;)

ChiefsCountry
Yes, I know it's shocking, but there are people out there that simply enjoy watching the games, and they outnumber the people like you.

I simply do not get this at all.

ncCHIEFfan
I cant seriously believe what I'm reading. I can understand criticism of the trade, but to say that Sanchez is hands and feet down better than Cassel is rediculous. To say Sanchez can take his team to the SB faster than Cassel can is the dumbest shit ever. He couldnt take his college team to the ****ing NC and yet he can take his NFL team to the SB no questions asked? Most likely he'll go to a sub 7 win team, and yet he'll turn them around and take them to the superbowl easily huh? Stafford will go to the Lions...yes, he'll take them to the superbowl just as easy. ROFL Sometimes, I think people here just bitch just for the sake of bitching.

YEEEEEP!!!

OnTheWarpath58
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
It'll be negative, and it'll be borderline stupid. Don't rush to defend him and bash someone like OTW58, who we at least know would actually celebrate any success of the Chiefs in the near future.

Reasonable opinion. We'll see.

Thank you.

I've said numerous times - I don't think he's the answer, but I'll support him. And I'll be rooting like hell for me to prove him wrong.

If he ever does, I'll be first in line for a heaping portion of crow.

I'll even take seconds.

melbar
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I think the jury is out on whether Cassel can lead us to the SB, but I think he has every just as great a chance as the rookies, except we've seen him handle and improve against NFL competition.

Another element to this is that on D and O we have gained guys who were in a winning enviornment. Winning is a habit and so is losing and these 2 guys (Vrabel and Cassel) are used to winning and have seen the prep needed to do so. Our guys have no idea what it takes and I think Pioli is also counting on these guys leading by example.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-28-2009, 03:26 PM
You seriously didn't know that the hardcore sports fan is the minority? I had no idea this was groundbreaking news.

chiefzilla1501
02-28-2009, 03:27 PM
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/0/0/02_2008/Picture%2050_2.larger.jpg

Wa Waaaaaaaaaaa

-King-
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
You seriously didn't know that the hardcore sports fan is the minority? I had no idea this was groundbreaking news.

Meh, you lost me. I love watching the game and all, but damn, I dont want to watch it just to watch it. The point of the game is to win the SB, nothing less.

ChiefsCountry
02-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Meh, you lost me. I love watching the game and all, but damn, I dont want to watch it just to watch it. The point of the game is to win the SB, nothing less.

Exactly
Posted via Mobile Device

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-28-2009, 03:34 PM
So you don't bother watching when your team has no chance to win the SB?

-King-
02-28-2009, 03:37 PM
So you don't bother watching when your team has no chance to win the SB?

Who said that? I just said that I love watching the game.

The point of competing is to be the best right? When you compete, why do you do it? Sure you do it for the fun of it, but if you constantly lose, is it that much fun anymore? Wasn't the 2003 season MUCH more fun than the 2006-2008 seasons combined? Why? Because we actually had a chance at the SB.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Who said that? I just said that I love watching the game.

The point of competing is to be the best right? When you compete, why do you do it? Sure you do it for the fun of it, but if you constantly lose, is it that much fun anymore? Wasn't the 2003 season MUCH more fun than the 2006-2008 seasons combined? Why? Because we actually had a chance at the SB.
Of course the 2003 season was more exciting, but you still watched all those other seasons knowing we didn't have a chance at the SB, and if winning the SB is "all that matters", why did you bother watching them?

Sam Hall
02-28-2009, 03:43 PM

Life goes on whether they win or lose. There's nothing we can do about it.

-King-
02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Of course the 2003 season was more exciting, but you still watched all those other seasons knowing we didn't have a chance at the SB, and if winning the SB is "all that matters", why did you bother watching them?

So... winning the SB this year wouldnt make you a happier man?

Reaper16
02-28-2009, 03:45 PM
For me, I watch the shitty years because I like to see how far away the team is. I like making evaluations so that I can speculate and have informed thoughts about what the team can do in the future to improve. I watch with hope towards the future.

Simplex3
02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
...And I like Stafford a lot...

Does anyone actually think Stafford is going to get past Detroit and StL?

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
So... winning the SB this year wouldnt make you a happier man?
Of course it would, for a while anyway. It's not going to have a significant impact on my life as a whole though.

kcfanXIII
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
i think whats the most frustrating for me, is watching every "debate" take a steady downward spiral into name calling. its gotten old to the point where i want to put the draftubators all on ignore, and typically i enjoy reading hamas, and mecca. however over the last month or so, all i have read out of them is: draft qb, then someone disagrees, then the other person is automatically stupid, or blind, or some other name. <insert insult="" here.=""> its old, and i'm glad that the worst of it is over.</insert>

OnTheWarpath58
02-28-2009, 03:49 PM
For me, I watch the shitty years because I like to see how far away the team is. I like making evaluations so that I can speculate and have informed thoughts about what the team can do in the future to improve. I watch with hope towards the future.

Exactly.

I watch hoping that at some point in my lifetime, the team I've rooted for since I was 6 years old, can be called NFL Champion.

-King-
02-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Exactly.

I watch hoping that at some point in my lifetime, the team I've rooted for since I was 6 years old, can be called NFL Champion.

:clap:

tk13
02-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Does anyone actually think Stafford is going to get past Detroit and StL?
Fair question, I have no idea. I personally like Stafford over Sanchez, but it's hard to get a read on what Detroit is going to do. It's not unrealistic to think Pioli's info tells him that maybe he likes one guy, is afraid he'll be gone, and likes Cassel more than the other guy... in which case he's going to be aggressive and get his guy over risking sticking his hand into the cookie jar and getting nothing. In which case we are really up a creek.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Exactly.

Do you feel that the players also think all that matters is winning a SB? Because that's where my hangup is, if the players aren't committed to it, there's no reason for me to be either.

orange
02-28-2009, 03:59 PM
And they'll always be balanced out by the people who're gaily skipping along, oblivious to the piano that just rolled out of a third-story window.

You know, if you keep looking up for pianos as you walk down the street, you're liable to fall through the open manhole.

orange
02-28-2009, 04:02 PM

Mecca's indisposed. It will be awhile before he gathers himself and assembles his 1000 word rant.

Rausch
02-28-2009, 04:02 PM
You know, if you keep looking up for pianos as you walk down the street, you're liable to fall through the open manhole.

LMAO

Ding!

"The man in the orange summer dress wins a stuffed panda!"

Simplex3
02-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Fair question, I have no idea. I personally like Stafford over Sanchez, but it's hard to get a read on what Detroit is going to do. It's not unrealistic to think Pioli's info tells him that maybe he likes one guy, is afraid he'll be gone, and likes Cassel more than the other guy... in which case he's going to be aggressive and get his guy over risking sticking his hand into the cookie jar and getting nothing. In which case we are really up a creek.

Also, we have Cassel on a one year deal. If by some miracle Stafford is there at #3 and Pioli and Haley like him, they can pull the trigger. All the people crapping their pants over this are just being dumb. Cassel is the only legit NFL QB on this roster. If you took Stafford at #3 you just got two legit NFL QBs for first and second round picks. There's nothing bad about that.

Rausch
02-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Do you feel that the players also think all that matters is winning a SB? Because that's where my hangup is, if the players aren't committed to it, there's no reason for me to be either.

I don't go to the bar because I think everyone else is there to have a good time.

Or because Keg is thinking about pianos and man-holes...

Reaper16
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Also, we have Cassel on a one year deal. If by some miracle Stafford is there at #3 and Pioli and Haley like him, they can pull the trigger. All the people crapping their pants over this are just being dumb. Cassel is the only legit NFL QB on this roster. If you took Stafford at #3 you just got two legit NFL QBs for first and second round picks. There's nothing bad about that.

Heh heh heh. QB will still be the best positional value at #3 and [arguably] the BPA, too.

keg in kc
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
You know, if you keep looking up for pianos as you walk down the street, you're liable to fall through the open manhole.I'm the third kind of person, the one doesn't notice when the piano falls out the window, or that it made a smashed-wood bridge across the open manhole. The oblivious.

orange
02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm the third kind of person, the one doesn't notice when the piano falls out the window, or that it made a smashed-wood bridge across the open manhole. The oblivious.

The Oblivious are the luckiest people (they have to be - the unlucky ones die young).

BradyFTW!
02-28-2009, 04:13 PM

Pioli's going to bring in a bunch of players where that is what matters to them. That's one of the single most important things that they scout for (Thomas Dimitroff, who was Pioli's right-hand man for years, has talked a lot about that, as has Belichick).

bdeg
02-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Agreed.

This keeps even a blowout loss a little interesting.

keg in kc
02-28-2009, 04:19 PM
The Oblivious are the luckiest people (they have to be - the unlucky ones die young).Ironically, I just posted a thread on DC about how much of a role luck has played in my life.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Heh heh heh. QB will still be the best positional value at #3 and [arguably] the BPA, too.

If we took a QB at three....:evil:

Reaper16
02-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Mwahahahahahaha! :fire:

That'd be a Hell of a Russo Swerve.

orange
02-28-2009, 04:28 PM

You know, I wouldn't be shocked by that. Cassel might be Pioli's version of Steve Walsh - a familiar placeholder just in case.

Certainly with the minimal compensation they gave up for him this isn't out of the question.

Count Zarth
02-28-2009, 04:29 PM
You know, I wouldn't be shocked by that. Cassel might be Pioli's version of Steve Walsh - a familiar placeholder just in case.

Certainly with the minimal compensation they gave up for him this isn't out of the question.

That question will be answered by the contract Cassel signs.

Simplex3
02-28-2009, 04:40 PM
That question will be answered by the contract Cassel signs.

If he signs one. Pioli isn't going to be forced to sign a deal with Cassel any time soon.

milkman
02-28-2009, 04:41 PM
False Fans:

Hamas Jenkins
OTWP58
milkman

I don't believe that Cassel is going to be a franchise QB.

I believe that Sanchez is.

I hope that I can some day say "I told you" as it relates to Sanchez.

I hope you can some day tell me "I told you" as it relates to Cassel.

Craqhead
02-28-2009, 04:43 PM
This is America, we're all entitled to our own opinions.

The great thing about opinions is that everyone has one and they all stink.

milkman
02-28-2009, 04:46 PM

When Pioli was hired, I both expected and dreaded this move.
I am surprised by the low price tag he paid for Cassel, but before we heard the details of the trade, when we were just told that we had traded for Cassel, I was pissed, and felt the need to say so.

I'm not going to dwell on the negative, though.
I'm going to do much the same as I did when Herman fucking Edwards was hired.

I had my say, and now I'm going to watch and see how it plays out over the next couple of yearss.

Mr. Krab
02-28-2009, 05:27 PM
False Fans:

Hamas Jenkins
OTWP58
milkman

this

chiefsfan4life1978
02-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Is the False Fan.

True but Carl Peterson knows more about football than anyone on this board too!