PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos FA

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Interesting so far... I like the approach, somewhat modest contracts for the most part. Still not too thrilled with the RBs, but we'll see what happens.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CWINDOWS%5CTEMP%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; text-underline:none; text-decoration:none; text-line-through:none;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Offense:<o></o>
RB JJ Arrington (former AZ) / Correll Buckhalter (former PHI)<o></o>
WR Jabar Gafney (former NE) / David Anderson (former HOU)<o></o>
<o></o>
LS Lonnie Paxton (former NE)<o></o>
<o></o>
Defense:<o></o>
S Brian Dawkins (former PHI) / Renaldo Hill (former MIA)<o></o>
LB Andra Davis (former CLE)<o></o>
DT Darrell Reid (former IND)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3942161
<o></o>

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2009, 04:37 PM
How do you feel about the attempts to trade your franchise pro bowl QB?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Congrats on Andra Davis btw. I think he's going to work out well for you. Which generally means you're doomed.

Bowser
02-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Would have liked to have Buckhalter and Davis here as solid backups.

dirk digler
02-28-2009, 04:39 PM
It is not going to matter now since they have pissed off Jay

thurman merman
02-28-2009, 04:40 PM
the broncos suck. no one cares.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Enh, we'll see what happens with all that... could be more media hyped up BS than anything. I haven't read much on it to be honest. If they were approached, sure I can understand them listening to any deals. Don't know why they'd feel the need to make it public, but we'll see.

the Talking Can
02-28-2009, 04:42 PM
your yearly raiding of the FA market has worked so well....er....

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 04:43 PM
your yearly raiding of the FA market has worked so well....er....

We'll see how this approach works.

SNR
02-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Already by posts in this thread.... I think the hate between our teams is on an upswing.

In a couple seasons we'll be cursing each other out like we used to do in the good ol' days :D

notorious
02-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Already by posts in this thread.... I think the hate between our teams is on an upswing.

In a couple seasons we'll be cursing each other out like we used to do in the good ol' days :D

You got Dawkins for cheap. He has lost a step or two, but he plays absolutely balls out. For 3-4 million a year that is outstanding.

ChiefGator
02-28-2009, 05:31 PM
A good steady selection of second-tier free agents.

I like Gafney, who I think is on the upswing finally after entering the NFL too early. I would have gone all Pete Carroll on his ass if I was his coach when he left.

Buckhalter has always played exceptionally well, and J.J. could be good in the mix and returning kicks. (so could Gaffney I guess).

Brian Dawkins is a great short-term pickup.

Hell, I'm gonna stop right there and say it looks like a good haul without breaking the bank. I'ld be very encouraged right now.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 05:39 PM
I do like the upside and the "mass" of signings for the contract values... they need bodies and am very glad they haven't broken the bank for 1-2 guys. I like the additions overall.

Skip Towne
02-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Andra Davis? You got a girl LB?

Tuckdaddy
02-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Signing a bunch of FA's does not work to win SB's in the NFL. If it did then Denver and Wash would win the SB every year. I do like Gaffney and Buck but Dawkins is 35. He may be effective and bring the fire for one year but like Dion said "35 ain't 25"
good luck though

ChiefGator
02-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Signing a bunch of FA's does not work to win SB's in the NFL. If it did then Denver and Wash would win the SB every year. I do like Gaffney and Buck but Dawkins is 35. He may be effective and bring the fire for one year but like Dion said "35 ain't 25"
good luck though

Oh shit, when did we start listening to Deion?

As a fourth linebacker in the box on obvious running plays or just an enforcer near the line of scrimmage he will excel.

And really, there is a major difference this year between Washington and Denver's pickups.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 06:27 PM
good luck though

I never said these were SB worthy signings... they need a lot of help and I like the approach.

kcchiefsus
02-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Goes to show how much McDaniels thinks of the current Denver RB's such as Hillis, Torain, Young, etc.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Goes to show how much McDaniels thinks of the current Denver RB's such as Hillis, Torain, Young, etc.

I don't see either of the 2 new guys being better than what they have... barring a deal for someone like Ward or a drafted RB being "the main guy", there's just more bodies at RB now.

kcchiefsus
02-28-2009, 06:39 PM
I don't see either of the 2 new guys being better than what they have... barring a deal for someone like Ward or a drafted RB being "the main guy", there's just more bodies at RB now.

But damn, how many runningbacks do they intend on keeping? Most teams only keep 3, maybe 4.

And I agree, neither is probably much better than what they already have which makes the moves kind of strange. What's the point?

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm guessing they want to see what shakes out through camps and the preseason...

ChiefGator
02-28-2009, 06:42 PM
And I agree, neither is probably much better than what they already have which makes the moves kind of strange. What's the point?

Don't you think Buckhalter brings something a little bit different? He is a very balanced, good RB. Not just quick, but he has a little bit of power behind it, and he's proven. I think he will end up getting most the carries.

J.J. Arrington is a great special teams pickup and can contribute in the running game a bit if needed. If they just signed him, I would agree.

Always was a Buckhalter fan, actually.

orange
02-28-2009, 06:44 PM
But damn, how many runningbacks do they intend on keeping? Most teams only keep 3, maybe 4.

All those guys are IR. Nobody knows if any of them can play - least of all a new coach who's never seen them practice.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Injuries have always nagged Buckhalter... I do like his upside, but health is a question. Same with most of the guys on the roster.