PDA

View Full Version : Football More on Cutler: "Spurned"...ROTFL

T-post Tom
02-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Source: Spurned Cutler wants to be traded

February 28, 2009 7:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Denver Broncos may have seriously damaged their relationship with quarterback Jay Cutler.

A source close to the situation confirmed the Broncos were trying to acquire quarterback Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots by dangling Cutler, their Pro Bowl quarterback.

The trade talk infuriated Cutler, who now wants to leave the Broncos.

The source said the proposed trade was a three-way deal that would have sent Cassel to Denver to reunite with former Patriots offensive coordinator and new Denver head coach Josh McDaniels, Cutler to Tampa Bay and compensation from Tampa Bay to New England.

Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel were traded Saturday to Denver's AFC West rival Kansas City for a second-round pick.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Broncos pursued the trade because McDaniels wanted to be reunited with Cassel, who excelled under McDaniels last season as an injury replacement for Tom Brady.

In the aftermath of the trade Saturday, Cutler asked permission to find his own trade partner but was denied by the Broncos, according to the source. Cutler is still hopeful he will be traded because he feels betrayed by McDaniels, the source said.

The source said Denver is no longer interested in dealing Cutler, who made the Pro Bowl in 2008, his second full season as a starter. The source said Tampa Bay, Detroit and Chicago could be possible destinations if Cutler gets his way and is traded. The source pointed out that until Cutler heard about the trade talks Saturday, he was completely happy playing for McDaniels and being in Denver.

It may be difficult for Denver to trade Cutler now because there are no other quality quarterbacks available. It would be silly to trade him to the Lions for the No. 1 overall pick and try to draft Georgia's Matthew Stafford or USC's Mark Sanchez. Neither of those players is a known commodity, while Cutler has blossomed into one of the NFL's better quarterbacks.

Denver has to regain Cutler's trust immediately or this could turn into one of the NFL's uglier situations.

The source said that while Denver hopes to smooth the situation over, Cutler probably will seek to depart Denver as a restricted free agent in two years. Cutler signed a six-year deal with the Broncos after he was drafted with the No. 11 overall pick in 2006.

The source said Cutler was hurt by the news that McDaniels wanted to start his Denver tenure with Cassel and not him.

"The relationship has been tarnished," the source said. "I think it's beyond repair."

Cutler expressed displeasure when Denver fired coach Mike Shanahan in December. However, he has been publicly supportive of McDaniels and had several good meetings with the coach in the weeks since McDaniels took over. The source said Cutler was confused by the trade talk.

"It's like a knife to Jay's heart," the source said. "It will be hard for him to get past this."

McDaniels will be able to get past this issue, but it may take some time. The Broncos sold McDaniels' hiring as a chance for Cutler to flourish. Seven weeks later, the pairing has taken a sudden and potentially disastrous turn.

kcpasco
02-28-2009, 11:03 PM
At least Cassel won't be throwing little girl tantrums

cdcox
02-28-2009, 11:05 PM
This alone might have been worth the 2nd round pick.

notorious
02-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Outstanding.

kcpasco
02-28-2009, 11:11 PM
He's kinda like the LJ of QB's

Just a whiny bitch

CaliforniaChief
02-28-2009, 11:11 PM
This alone might have been worth the 2nd round pick.

This times 1,000.

Gravedigger
02-28-2009, 11:12 PM
This is like one of those elementary tests you take where it says "McDaniels is to Cutler as Pioli is to Waters."

notorious
02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
The Mange is imploding. The only thing better than this would be pounding them on the way to a Superbowl Championship.

cdcox
Denver has to regain Cutler's trust immediately or this could turn into one of the NFL's uglier situations.

Every time I read this sentence, I just get happier.

Fruit Ninja
http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=53858@kcnc.dayport.com

lol

Dayze
02-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Waaaaaa.

Shut up and play. Prove 'em wrong (or, don't...since I hate the Donks lol) and it's a non-issue.

Cry baby.

FAX
02-28-2009, 11:20 PM
ROFL

FAX

Agent V
02-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Awesome. Fire Shanahan, bring in McDaniels who now has to coach against the quarterback he helped groom twice every season, then piss off your young, Pro Bowl quarterback.

And all your running backs are dead.

Awesome.

Rain Man
02-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Rumor has it that Cutler was so mad that he almost changed facial expressions.

Count Zarth
02-28-2009, 11:24 PM
The Donks are literally imploding. They are destroying themselves from within, with no outside influence.

Someone quote me on the Mane. I am taking a leave of absence from that spittoon.

Dayze
02-28-2009, 11:24 PM

ROFL

Rep for you sir.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 11:25 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

The Bad Guy
02-28-2009, 11:27 PM
If I'm Tampa, I'm on the phone offering the 19 every 10 minutes to the Broncos.

Count Zarth
02-28-2009, 11:28 PM

This was his reaction:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2d6xc4.jpg

In Kansas City Pioli was all...

http://i44.tinypic.com/2dawv8l.jpg

Agent V
02-28-2009, 11:29 PM
If I'm Tampa, I'm on the phone offering the 19 every 10 minutes to the Broncos.

If I'M Tampa, I'm also flying to Denver right now to dry his tears with a #6 Bucs jersey.

Dayze
02-28-2009, 11:30 PM
This was his reaction:

dude...that ACTUALLY looks like Cutler with long hair.

Bravo.

Count Zarth
02-28-2009, 11:33 PM
It IS Cutler with long hair. The 70's retro look is back in style in Denver.

doomy3
02-28-2009, 11:34 PM
This was his reaction:

that's too awesome.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2009, 11:49 PM
If I'M Tampa, I'm also flying to Denver right now to dry his tears with a #6 Bucs jersey.

Denver's going to trade him to TB and he'll promptly retire. It'll be like deja vu.

cdcox
02-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Denver's going to trade him to TB and he'll promptly retire. It'll be like deja vu.

Personally, I hope he stays in Denver long enough to trip over his dog and bleed all over his driveway.

Extra Point
02-28-2009, 11:51 PM
"It's like a knife to Jay's heart," Jason Whitcock said. "It will be hard for him to get past this."

BigRock
03-01-2009, 12:06 AM
This might have been mentioned elsewhere, but I heard Chris Morty say that

1) Tampa offered a 1st and 3rd to Denver for Cutler.
2) Denver offered their 1st (not Tampa's) to the Patriots for Cassel.

So at the end of the day, Denver would have gotten Cassel, an extra third, and dropped down 7 spots or so in the first round. Tampa would have gotten Cutler and lost a 1st and 3rd. And the Patriots would have gotten the #12 pick. Which works out pretty good for the Broncos at the end.

But Belichick passed so he could trade Cassel AND Vrabel to his BFF Pioli for a 2nd rounder.

The moral of the story, says Mort, is that Belichick was telling McDaniels to go screw himself sideways. I'm paraphrasing slightly.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 12:14 AM
This was his reaction:

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

SWEET! I'll even rep you though I know it won't do a damn thing; it's thought that counts right?

Count Zarth
03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Every little bit helps. 50,000 more points and I reach zero, and then Bob Dole can reset my rep to -250 billion.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Jesus CHRIST this whiny douchebag of a QB!!!

Why? Why?! WHY?!?!?!?

Why would ANYONE want this guy?! Pro Bowl my ASS; this guy is such a fucking cancer.

Count Zarth
03-01-2009, 12:19 AM
This might have been mentioned elsewhere, but I heard Chris Morty say that

1) Tampa offered a 1st and 3rd to Denver for Cutler.
2) Denver offered their 1st (not Tampa's) to the Patriots for Cassel.

So at the end of the day, Denver would have gotten Cassel, an extra third, and dropped down 7 spots or so in the first round. Tampa would have gotten Cutler and lost a 1st and 3rd. And the Patriots would have gotten the #12 pick. Which works out pretty good for the Broncos at the end.

But Belichick passed so he could trade Cassel AND Vrabel to his BFF Pioli for a 2nd rounder.

The moral of the story, says Mort, is that Belichick was telling McDaniels to go screw himself sideways. I'm paraphrasing slightly.

POST THIS SHIT ON THE MANE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Every little bit helps. 50,000 more points and I reach zero, and then Bob Dole can reset my rep to -250 billion.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL It ain't easy bein' cheesey.

Count Zarth
03-01-2009, 12:20 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL It ain't easy bein' cheesey.

My old moniker was goatcheese...so that's even funnier.

unlurking
03-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Haven't been to the mange since they started requiring registration. I'm sure it's not a pretty sight right now though.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 12:22 AM
ROFL

I may just have to bop on over there, and soak in the misery.:D

BigRock
03-01-2009, 12:27 AM
POST THIS SHIT ON THE MANE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH

I don't post on the Mane. Also, I don't want to die.

Von Dumbass
03-01-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm starting to think this Cutler/Broncos trade thing has been waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy overblown. I have not read a new article where Cutler himself says that he wants to be traded.

Things will work out just fine once training camp gets going. Denver will be VERY good if we keep attacking free agency the way we are. I love Brian Dawkins (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3219&type=broncosTV&year=&month=/) :)

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 12:29 AM

I wonder if my whipping boy Spider would enjoy a nice visit from DCS this evening?

LMAO

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Caddyshack on AMC, yo.

Count Zarth
03-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Caddyshack on AMC, yo.

Overrated.

But makes me think about having sex on a golf course.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Overrated.

But makes me think about having sex on a golf course.

HEATHEN! :cuss::D

Count Zarth
03-01-2009, 12:39 AM
HEATHEN! :cuss::D

The second line makes me a heathen to my Jehovah's Witness relatives.

Basically no one likes me, except cock-hungry mexican milfs.

orange
03-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Could Cassel, who proved he could lead an NFL offense and remained cool under pressure, have brought more to the Patriots? Apparently, the market for him wasn’t as great as first believed.

“That was the best deal they could get for him. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the only deal. In talking with teams, I couldn’t find anyone interested in him, to be honest with you,” said former NFL general manager and current NFL Network analyst Charlie Casserly. “Obviously, Scott Pioli knows him better than anyone else. That’s their advantage. Teams were hesitant about him because he was a one-year guy. How much of it was coaching? How much of it was the players around him? It’s logical the guy that knows him the best ends up trading for him.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1155337&srvc=sports&position=0

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 12:44 AM
The second line makes me a heathen to my Jehovah's Witness relatives.

Basically no one likes me, except cock-hungry mexican milfs.

ROFL Not a bad demographic!

Count Zarth
03-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Casserly is just throwing out his opinion.

tboss27
03-01-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm starting to think this Cutler/Broncos trade thing has been waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy overblown. I have not read a new article where Cutler himself says that he wants to be traded.

Things will work out just fine once training camp gets going. Denver will be VERY good if we keep attacking free agency the way we are. I love :)

Cutler does not want out, it's your new HC who wants a replacement for one of the biggest whiners in the NFL. Meanwhile Cutler is getting ready to blow a fuse, something he doesn't need a whole lot of help doing

88TG88
03-01-2009, 12:50 AM
"A knife to Jay's heart "

bahahahahahhahahahahaha

orange
03-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Casserly is just throwing out his opinion.

The Patriots needed to regain leverage by getting multiple teams into the bidding, and that's where this blackjack hand didn't work out as they hoped.

Outside of the Chiefs, there was little realistic action on the market.

Cassel alone for the 34th overall selection seemed like a fair deal, but Pioli knows all about leverage from his time with the Patriots. Getting Vrabel was shrewd work on his part.

It wasn't about ensuring that Cassel and Vrabel ended up in a good situation.

This was about the Patriots taking an asset that they cultivated from 2005 seventh-round draft choice - a player who appeared to be in danger of being cut entering the 2008 regular season - and seeing what the market would bear.

It was a gamble that didn't produce a major jackpot. The cards didn't quite fall the way they hoped.

By Mike Reiss
Globe Staff

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/03/01/tough_to_win_in_game_of_tag/

Count Zarth
03-01-2009, 12:52 AM
I guess he trumps Mort.

unlurking
03-01-2009, 12:55 AM
The Patriots needed to regain leverage by getting multiple teams into the bidding, and that's where this blackjack hand didn't work out as they hoped.

Outside of the Chiefs, there was little realistic action on the market.

Cassel alone for the 34th overall selection seemed like a fair deal, but Pioli knows all about leverage from his time with the Patriots. Getting Vrabel was shrewd work on his part.

It wasn't about ensuring that Cassel and Vrabel ended up in a good situation.

This was about the Patriots taking an asset that they cultivated from 2005 seventh-round draft choice - a player who appeared to be in danger of being cut entering the 2008 regular season - and seeing what the market would bear.

It was a gamble that didn't produce a major jackpot. The cards didn't quite fall the way they hoped.

By Mike Reiss
Globe Staff

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/03/01/tough_to_win_in_game_of_tag/
Bullshit.

They cleared $20 mill in cap space at the blink of an eye. That's a good move on their part.

orange
03-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Here's one you can have some fun with:

Issues with contract may kill Arrington deal

There's been a glitch in the contract between the Broncos and running back J.J. Arrington.

The Broncos and Arrington had reached an agreement in principle Friday on a four- year contract, according to the player's agent, J.R. Rickert. But in reading through the contract language, some issues arose that threaten to kill the deal.

"J.J's back in Arizona," said Rickert, who did complete a four-year contract with the Broncos on another free-agent running back, Correll Buckhalter. "The deal's not dead yet."

There is enough concern, however, for the Broncos to bring in free-agent running back Derrick Ward for a visit today. The Broncos rated Ward as the No. 1 back in this year's free-agent class, but his initial asking price was beyond their budget.

A splendid backup to Brandon Jacobs with the New York Giants the past two seasons, Ward was seeking a deal similar to the six- year, $34.5 million contract Michael Turner received from Atlanta last season. Turner previously had been a backup to LaDainian Tomlinson in San Diego.

Ward's asking price, however, may be slipping to the Broncos' range after he visited Philadelphia and Cincinnati but left without a contract.

Ward, 28, rushed for 1,025 yards on just 182 carries last season. He would likely become the Broncos' starting running back with Buckhalter slipping to the 1B position.

Mike Klis The Denver Post
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11811514

:rolleyes:

orange
03-01-2009, 12:58 AM
I guess he trumps Mort.

Boston beat writer?

vs. "Shanahan to KC" Mortensen?

Yeah, I think so.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Boston beat writer?

vs. "Shanahan to KC" Mortensen?

Yeah, I think so.

Gotta' agree. Mortensen gets my journalistic "Bag O' Dicks" Award in 2009 for sure.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 01:09 AM
"Blazing Saddles" on AMC, yo.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 01:21 AM
Oh, here's a Mange gem for the ages ROFL:

HEAV (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1364) <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register(&quot;postmenu_2308144&quot;, true); </script>
The kid is a freaking loud mouth with a chip on his shoulder! Vic L. is loving this, the entire time he's on the other side of the phone just smiling and thinking to himslef "I have gold here!"

Jay doesn't beleave that teams called Denver. He doesn't see players like Rivers or Manning in trade talks... Kid as much has it pains me to say...you not better than Rivers. Also as it pains you to beleave your not near wither Manning status.

You're a third year, sub .500 winning percentage, 1 popularity contest (ProBowl) game invite, even in that game you choked!

So stop thinking you are something bigger than you really are! You haven't won sqaut in the NFL.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 01:31 AM
http://www.foxfm.com/images/kasey.jpg

"And the hits just keep on coming": ROFL

Originally Posted by Taco John http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2308155#post2308155)
He did.

You have to understand that people like HEAV are wearing a lot of egg on their faces right now with these front office mis-steps, and they're going to do everything they can to make Cutler look like a bad guy.

No egg here. I stand behind the BRONCOS, unlike you, who is just out to stand on your soap box and rally the Issac was right chants from the sad sheep that follow your lead.

Has for making Jay look like the bad guy, he's doing that for himself! But you sure where on a tear to make Jake Plummer look like a bad guy when he was winning games for the team!

Why can't you admit that your boy crush is immature and isn't ready to handle the total job of NFL quarterback. He's mentally weak when it comes to the business of the NFL.

orange
03-01-2009, 01:41 AM
From the other Boston paper (Denver once had two papers... sigh):

What the Patriots learned during the past few weeks is the market for Cassel was neither deep nor strong. Even two teams thought to be interested, Detroit and Tampa, are now said to have been seeking Cassel only to deal him to Denver to acquire the more highly regarded Jay Cutler.

If those whispers are true, then there was no market for Cassel outside of Kansas City, which has enough cap space to carry his $14.65 million franchise tag until it can work out a long-term deal.

To net only a second-round choice for Cassel and Vrabel may seem as though a fire sale went on in Foxboro, especially when you consider that was the price the Eagles paid for A.J. Feeley and what it cost Miami to land the one-legged Daunte Culpepper.

But if Cassel performs the way they did, it was a steal for Belichick. And there are far more personnel men around pro football who doubt Cassel than ones who believe he’s quarterback of an 11-5 team.

They think his five losses to playoff-contending teams said more about his long-term chances than the 11 wins did against the likes of the Chiefs, 49ers, Seahawks, Bills and Rams.

“I look at Cassel and I think Scott Mitchell,” one longtime NFC personnel man said yesterday. “That’s who I see.”

Pioli better hope not, because that $5 million-a-year seat he’s occupying could become vacant in a hurry if Cassel turns into Mitchell and Vrabel plays like Willie McGinest did in Cleveland.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2009_03_01_Bill_Belichick_doesn_t_deliver_friendly_favor/

By Ron Borges
Sunday, March 1, 2009

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This whole article is a hoot. Anyone who wants to stoke the flames of dissension on ChiefsPlanet should post it as a thread.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 01:45 AM

What the Patriots learned during the past few weeks is the market for Cassel was neither deep nor strong. Even two teams thought to be interested, Detroit and Tampa, are now said to have been seeking Cassel only to deal him to Denver to acquire the more highly regarded Jay Cutler.

If those whispers are true, then there was no market for Cassel outside of Kansas City, which has enough cap space to carry his $14.65 million franchise tag until it can work out a long-term deal.

To net only a second-round choice for Cassel and Vrabel may seem as though a fire sale went on in Foxboro, especially when you consider that was the price the Eagles paid for A.J. Feeley and what it cost Miami to land the one-legged Daunte Culpepper.

But if Cassel performs the way they did, it was a steal for Belichick. And there are far more personnel men around pro football who doubt Cassel than ones who believe he’s quarterback of an 11-5 team.

They think his five losses to playoff-contending teams said more about his long-term chances than the 11 wins did against the likes of the Chiefs, 49ers, Seahawks, Bills and Rams.

“I look at Cassel and I think Scott Mitchell,” one longtime NFC personnel man said yesterday. “That’s who I see.”

Pioli better hope not, because that $5 million-a-year seat he’s occupying could become vacant in a hurry if Cassel turns into Mitchell and Vrabel plays like Willie McGinest did in Cleveland.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2009_03_01_Bill_Belichick_doesn_t_deliver_friendly_favor/

By Ron Borges
Sunday, March 1, 2009

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This whole article is a hoot. Anyone who wants to stoke the flames of dissension on ChiefsPlanet should post it as a thread.

Is this like the opposite of the old Hee Haw song?

"Well you'll never hear one of us repeating gossip,
so you better be sure and listen close the first time".

Valiant
03-01-2009, 01:48 AM

By Ron Borges
Sunday, March 1, 2009

I hope it does not happen, but that is my viewpoint also.. He was a product of a great team versus a weak schedule.. But man I hope I am wrong..

milkman
03-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Those stories from Boston just support what I sugested earlier.

NFL people don't think of Cassel nearly as highly as the media or Joe Fan.

The_Doctor10
03-01-2009, 03:22 AM

Claythan, I gotta admit, ever since you dropped the Nazi war medals from your sig, you've been one of my fave posters on the Planet.

Keep it up dude, eventually you'll be outta the red!

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 03:41 AM
Claythan, I gotta admit, ever since you dropped the Nazi war medals from your sig, you've been one of my fave posters on the Planet.

Keep it up dude, eventually you'll be outta the red!

Claythan is not, nor ever was, pro-Nazi. He's fascinated by the whole ordeal from a historical, social, and psychological standpoint. And how can you blame him?

Unless you lived it, it's a very complicated, historical era/event to wrap one's head around as it relates to the human experience.

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 03:44 AM
The chances of Pioli getting fired if Cassel busts has to be 0%...

Count Zarth
03-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Claythan is not, nor ever was, pro-Nazi. He's fascinated by the whole ordeal from a historical, social, and psychological standpoint. And how can you blame him?

Unless you lived it, it's a very complicated, historical era/event to wrap one's head around as it relates to the human experience.

Whatever dude, right now I'm marinating the Bernsteins and the Goldmans for the barbecue I'm having tomorrow...I'm inviting my good buddies, the Austerlitzes and the Dietrichs. Dress code is leather overcoat.

The_Doctor10
03-01-2009, 03:45 AM

Ok, I understand now... when I first got here, I was always puzzled by the guy who seemed to be the biggest tool and had the swastikas to boot... but I sincerely apologize for any incorrect assumptions I may have made Claythan. This forum is better with you on it.

Count Zarth
03-01-2009, 03:46 AM
I'm pretty awesome. I just have a little hitch in my goose-step.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Whatever dude, right now I'm marinating the Bernsteins and the Goldmans for the barbecue I'm having tomorrow...I'm inviting my good buddies, the Austerlitzes and the Dietrichs. Dress code is leather overcoat.

ROFL You're not helping...ROFL

Count Zarth
03-01-2009, 03:53 AM
Hey if you can't beat 'em, eat 'em.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 03:54 AM
The chances of Pioli getting fired if Cassel busts has to be 0%...

Winner of today's "Most Obvious Fucking Statement"! ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 04:00 AM
Hey if you can't beat 'em, eat 'em.

Congrats on kicking that Jehovahs Witness habit; that shit'll turn ya' in to Micheal Jackson.

Poor bastard.

That's the ONE celeb in the world I can look at and honestly say "parents fucked this guy's chances at normal development ALL to hell".

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 04:42 AM
Winner of today's "Most Obvious ****ing Statement"! ROFL

You're a fucking tool bag, you know that?

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 04:47 AM
You're a fucking tool bag, you know that?

What the fuck is this shit? This isn't something I posted. Are you trying to imply that I said this?

the Talking Can
03-01-2009, 04:49 AM
Denver's coach wants Kansas City's QB.

marinate in that

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 04:51 AM
What the **** is this shit? This isn't something I posted. Are you trying to imply that I said this?

No, that was an article posted by some writer...and I was responding to it by saying Pioli would not be fired if Cassel busted...and you responded by mocking me.

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 04:52 AM

marinate in that
It's fucking awesome. I always thought, as a kid, the Chiefs were the class of the AFC West...during the 90s...it was great to be a Chiefs fan.

Lately...it's been hard.

I feel like we're getting our mojo back...it's awesome. Who knows, maybe I'll see another playoff win...first time since I was 9 friggin' years old!

Chiefnj2
03-01-2009, 04:53 AM
Somewhere Brian Waters and Jay Cutler are sharing a beer talking about the good old days when their head coaches liked them and would talk to them.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 04:54 AM

marinate in that

Well their fan base is sure playing it off like it's no big deal. What's the money on this thing? Is this guy getting a one-year, 14 million dollar "try out"?

I have no problem with the $$$; it's a more cost-effective route than paying a draftee 45 to 50 million, and praying he doesn't bust. But I'm still not sure how committed we are to this guy.

I will NOT be surprised if we double-down on draft day.

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 04:56 AM
Well their fan base is sure playing it off like it's no big deal. What's the money on this thing? Is this guy getting a one-year, 14 million dollar "try out"?

I have no problem with the $$$; it's a more cost-effective route than paying a draftee 45 to 50 million, and praying he doesn't bust. But I'm still not sure how committed we are to this guy.

ROFLROFLROFL

You're a fucking moron.

Sanchez/Stafford are OUT OF THE PICTURE. It's done. Cassel is the guy...he is going to get a new contract. It's over. Stop praying...stop being an idiot...even the Drafturbators have acknowledged it's probably going to be Raji.

We're not taking Sanchez, giving him $30M, and making sure we have an insurance policy for Cassel.

We're not spending our 1st round pick and our 2nd round pick on a QB.

I know you're not the brightest crayon in the box but try not to be a fucking idiot for one second and soak up this tidbit of knowledge.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 04:57 AM
No, that was an article posted by some writer...and I was responding to it by saying Pioli would not be fired if Cassel busted...and you responded by mocking me.

Well in all fairness, it WAS a rather obvious take. Anywho, you get dogged enough without MY help, so sorry for any offense.

the Talking Can
03-01-2009, 04:59 AM

dude, pull your head out

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 04:59 AM
Well in all fairness, it WAS a rather obvious take. Anywho, you get dogged enough without MY help, so sorry for any offense.

I am 100 X the poster you'll ever be, so there will never be any offense.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 05:00 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

You're a fucking moron.

Sanchez/Stafford are OUT OF THE PICTURE. It's done. Cassel is the guy...he is going to get a new contract. It's over. Stop praying...stop being an idiot...even the Drafturbators have acknowledged it's probably going to be Raji.

We're not taking Sanchez, giving him $30M, and making sure we have an insurance policy for Cassel.

We're not spending our 1st round pick and our 2nd round pick on a QB.

I know you're not the brightest crayon in the box but try not to be a fucking idiot for one second and soak up this tidbit of knowledge.

Okay, well then fuck you, Mr. know it all; please pull out your magic fucking 8-ball, and read us the future since you know the mind of Pioli better than all of us!

Dick.

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 05:01 AM
dude, pull your head out
This guy is the biggest fucking retard I've ever come across on this site...

I might not agree with the Drafturbators very much with their aggressive takes on everything, but at least they are intelligent and informed...

This guy is just a piece of shit that has to bold, italicize or underline 10 things per post AND CAN'T FIX HIS CAPS LOCK...he thinks he's entitled to having his opinion heard but he's just plain too stupid to even get that.

the Talking Can
03-01-2009, 05:01 AM
Newsflash to all the Goth kids:

the HC of our hated rival has told the whole league that he lusts after our QB

this is funny

for the love of god stop cutting yourselves for a few minutes and enjoy this....hell, orange is one the verge of tears about it....

jesus gravy people....

the Talking Can
03-01-2009, 05:02 AM
This guy is the biggest ****ing retard I've ever come across on this site...

I might not agree with the Drafturbators very much with their aggressive takes on everything, but at least they are intelligent and informed...

This guy is just a piece of shit that has to bold, italicize or underline 10 things per post AND CAN'T FIX HIS CAPS LOCK...he thinks he's entitled to having his opinion heard but he's just plain too stupid to even get that.

i'm still a bit wierded out by this whole we agree thing....

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Okay, well then **** you, Mr. know it all; please pull out your magic ****ing 8-ball, and read us the future since you know the mind of Pioli better than all of us!

Dick.

I don't know shit about Pioli's plan...

I know that he's not going to trade the #34 overall for Cassel and draft Stafford or Sanchez at #3...

I know that for a fact.

I'm 100% certain.

Maybe a guy like Nate Davis if he slips until the 4th or 5th...but still, the QB need has been addressed...

So you're take of the "double down" is single-handedly the most retarded take anyone has had this entire offseason, and that would include anyone that wants to take a RT at #3 or for fuck's sake a K at #3...

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 05:04 AM
I am 100 X the poster you'll ever be, so there will never be any offense.

Yes, the forum waits daily with baited breath for the "Coming of the Great One Hootie".

In fact, the last I checked, the US Government was proposing a nation-wide singular time-zone so that we could all be enlightened by your wisdom simultaneously. :rolleyes:

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 05:04 AM
i'm still a bit wierded out by this whole we agree thing....
Well it's good to see that apparently it was just the Carl/Herm stink that put you in such a foul mood all of the time on this board...can't say I blame you...that was a shitty three year ride.

Your posts the last few days have been spot on with what I think...

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 05:06 AM
Yes, the forum waits daily with baited breath for the "Coming of the Great One Hootie".

In fact, the last I checked, the US Government was proposing a nation-wide singular time-zone so that we could all be enlightened by your wisdom simultaneously. :rolleyes:

No, I'll always be one of the most hated people on this board because of the Green/Huard debacle a few years ago...

I will gladly list all of the posters I respect and think share great football knowledge, including guys like Mecca/Hamas/OTWP who I think are assholes...

But you're definitely not on that list and you'll never be on that list, you're a dipshit.

The fact you think there's a chance they'll "double down" just confirms that line of reasoning.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 05:07 AM
I don't know shit about Pioli's plan...

I know that he's not going to trade the #34 overall for Cassel and draft Stafford or Sanchez at #3...

I know that for a fact.

I'm 100% certain.

Maybe a guy like Nate Davis if he slips until the 4th or 5th...but still, the QB need has been addressed...

So you're take of the "double down" is single-handedly the most retarded take anyone has had this entire offseason, and that would include anyone that wants to take a RT at #3 or for fuck's sake a K at #3...

He knows it for a FACT ladies and gentlemen; the Western World can once again sleep peacefully, thanks to the mighty brain power of Hootie The Magnificent!

Yay!

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 05:08 AM
He knows it for a FACT ladies and gentlemen; the Western World can once again sleep peacefully, thanks to the mighty brain power of Hootie The Magnificent!

Yay!
Explain your logic...

You have stated in at least two threads that you think there is a chance we still draft Sanchez.

That makes you a fucking moron.

Plain and simple, I can't be any more cut and dry.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 05:10 AM
No, I'll always be one of the most hated people on this board because of the Green/Huard debacle a few years ago...

I will gladly list all of the posters I respect and think share great football knowledge, including guys like Mecca/Hamas/OTWP who I think are assholes...

But you're definitely not on that list and you'll never be on that list, you're a dipshit.

The fact you think there's a chance they'll "double down" just confirms that line of reasoning.

I will never be on Hooties A-list! Fuck me! Well, it's been fun Planeteers; tomorrow I report to the Solient Green processing center because my life no longer has any meaning!

ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 05:12 AM
Hey, I'm not the one that has suggested the Chiefs will spend their first two picks on QB's...that was you.

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 05:13 AM
Round 1: Mark Sanchez
Round 3: Nate Davis
Round 4: Rhett Bomar

What do you think?

Maybe we can sign a veteran like Jeff Garcia to mentor these guys?

One of them are bound to hit, right?

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 05:13 AM
Sprinkle in Pat White somewhere and grab that dude from Alabama as a UFA and we're on to something...Cassel and Thigpen can play WR and ST if they flame out.

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 05:14 AM
I'd say Cassel/Thigpen/Sanchez would be the first 3 strings...it gets tricky from 4th string to 8th string I'd say...where does Croyle fit in?

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Explain your logic...

You have stated in at least two threads that you think there is a chance we still draft Sanchez.

That makes you a fucking moron.

Plain and simple, I can't be any more cut and dry.

It's dependent upon how much Pioli values the position versus trying to slap an 8-8 team together to appease the ownership and the fan base.

What are the terms of this deal? I was trying to ask this to Talking Can before you began your rant. Is this a one-shot, "make or break" for Cassel?
The other aspect is Tyler Thigpen; does Pioli see him as a valid, workable, #2 overall? If he doesn't, and since we still hold the third overall, do we not then stack our options and draft a suitable #2 for grooming, or to jump in and take over if Cassel is injured or can't cut the mustard?

I'm not saying this has a high probability of coming to pass, I'm just saying that it IS a probability.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 05:26 AM
Anywho, I'm sorry for being an ass to you. I just think that Pioli is operating on a level that is above what most of us can grasp, and he proved it today.

In terms of value, we ass-raped New England big time and created quite a stir in the AFC West in the process. This is a good thing. I feel we're beginning to pull out of our being a doormat stage, and I love it.

Anyway, enough NET; time for me to hit the coffin.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2009, 05:43 AM
Pioli's not going to draft Sanchez or Stafford. He had his chance, and he showed that he'd much rather go through a quick turnaround than a protracted rebuild. If you aspire to be the 2008 Miami Dolphins, I'm happy for you.

The problem is that "the system" doesn't work everywhere. Parcells has never won a playoff game without Belichick. Everywhere Parcells goes and succeeds, Belichick is there. Everywhere Parcells goes and fails, he isn't. Everywhere Belichick assistants go, they fail.

Who is the prime mover here? It's not Scott Pioli, it's Bill Belichick.

It's a great move for the casual fan because they don't have to go through the pain of the rebuilding process. We'll sign several lower tier free agents who are castoffs from Dallas, Miami, and New England, and probably be a 6-8 win team next year.

I just don't see the upside of this. We all agreed that rebuild was the right way to go. But at the first sign of trouble, we dump any plans to draft and develop a more talented QB, and dump what little talent we do have on defense for a scheme that doesn't suit their abilities.

the Talking Can
03-01-2009, 05:55 AM
Pioli's not going to draft Sanchez or Stafford. He had his chance, and he showed that he'd much rather go through a quick turnaround than a protracted rebuild. If you aspire to be the 2008 Miami Dolphins, I'm happy for you.

The problem is that "the system" doesn't work everywhere. Parcells has never won a playoff game without Belichick. Everywhere Parcells goes and succeeds, Belichick is there. Everywhere Parcells goes and fails, he isn't. Everywhere Belichick assistants go, they fail.

Who is the prime mover here? It's not Scott Pioli, it's Bill Belichick.

It's a great move for the casual fan because they don't have to go through the pain of the rebuilding process. We'll sign several lower tier free agents who are castoffs from Dallas, Miami, and New England, and probably be a 6-8 win team next year.

I just don't see the upside of this. We all agreed that rebuild was the right way to go. But at the first sign of trouble, we dump any plans to draft and develop a more talented QB, and dump what little talent we do have on defense for a scheme that doesn't suit their abilities.

acquiring Cassel doesn't mean we're giving up on the rebuild...it simply means that they believe he is the best QB available, so they got him...

that is obviously up for argument, but they idea that it means they simply want win now and be 8-8 is false...

they are going to rebuild in a way you disapprove of...that is not the same as scrapping the rebuild or bailing on the draft...

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2009, 06:01 AM
acquiring Cassel doesn't mean we're giving up on the rebuild...it simply means that they believe he is the best QB available, so they got him...

that is obviously up for argument, but they idea that it means they simply want win now and be 8-8 is false...

they are going to rebuild in a way you disapprove of...that is not the same as scrapping the rebuild or bailing on the draft...

I'm not saying that all they aspire to be is 8-8. I am saying that they are taking shortcuts in the process.

Maybe a bird in hand is worth two in the bush, but this just reeks of a move, that if Carl Peterson made, would be absolutely pilloried by the same people who are lionizing it.

the Talking Can
03-01-2009, 06:08 AM
I'm not saying that all they aspire to be is 8-8. I am saying that they are taking shortcuts in the process.

Maybe a bird in hand is worth two in the bush, but this just reeks of a move, that if Carl Peterson made, would be absolutely pilloried by the same people who are lionizing it.

if they believe that Cassel is a better QB then Sanchez or Stafford, then they aren't taking a shortcut they're simply acting in the manner they deem best to accomplish their goal of winning a title...you're accusing them of bad faith which is of course an argument impossible to refute...

and if you think Pioli, who's been an intimate part of a Championship franchise, who drafted Cassel, who watched Cassel work and prepare and play is the same as Carl flailing for Grbac, then I'm close to having to say that you're being intentionally dishonest...

they're getting ready to gut our defense for a 3-4, a defense for which we have no pieces...a process that will take at least 2 years...the idea that this is part of a desire to shortcut the process of rebuilding in order to win is of course nonsense....

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2009, 06:16 AM
if they believe that Cassel is a better QB then Sanchez or Stafford, then they aren't taking a shortcut they're simply acting in the manner they deem best to accomplish their goal of winning a title...you're accusing them of bad faith which is of course an argument impossible to refute...

and if you think Pioli, who's been an intimate part of a Championship franchise, who drafted Cassel, who watched Cassel work and prepare and play is the same as Carl flailing for Grbac, then I'm close to having to say that you're being intentionally dishonest...

they're getting ready to gut our defense for a 3-4, a defense for which we have no pieces...a process that will take at least 2 years...the idea that this is part of a desire to shortcut the process of rebuilding in order to win is of course nonsense....

I'm not accusing them of acting in bad faith, I'm accusing them of having poor judgment and being too focused on quick returns. Every Parcells team does this. Look at what he did in Dallas, with the Jets, and last year with Miami. First order of business is to get a vet QB that you know. There's no doubt that Matt Cassel will be a better NFL QB than either of those two next year. But it becomes significantly more difficult to argue that, especially with their skill sets, thereafter.

You can pretty easily assimilate parts of a 3-4 through one offseason. Look at what the Dolphins did last year, or the Cowboys before them--trade some mid-low round picks for guys you are familiar with, and sign a number of 3rd tier FAs.

It's not like this is trying to harness chaos theory. There's a pretty clear blueprint of what guys from this tree do, and so far, Pioli is acting exactly according to plan.

CupidStunt
03-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Can is making absolute sense here. The quick-fix idea is rubbish, and that'll be proven when they fail to make moves that support the idea, and instead leave us with a very incomplete roster. I have no doubt we'll be pretty inactive in FA in terms of starter-caliber players, so the idea that they're going for a Dolphins-style turnaround is in all likelihood foolish.

We'll see, but I have little doubt that Pioli made this move because the No. 3 pick, and whatever that produces, plus Cassel blows away the alternative options. Any of 'em. It'd be a different story if they traded No. 3 for him and paid him $70 million, because then we'd be DIRECTLY comparing Cassel and a questionable rookie. Now, we're comparing an elite defensive player and Cassel vs. the questionable rookie and an even more questionable rookie picked at No. 34.

Messier
03-01-2009, 06:42 AM
I'm not accusing them of acting in bad faith, I'm accusing them of having poor judgment and being too focused on quick returns. Every Parcells team does this. Look at what he did in Dallas, with the Jets, and last year with Miami. First order of business is to get a vet QB that you know. There's no doubt that Matt Cassel will be a better NFL QB than either of those two next year. But it becomes significantly more difficult to argue that, especially with their skill sets, thereafter.

You can pretty easily assimilate parts of a 3-4 through one offseason. Look at what the Dolphins did last year, or the Cowboys before them--trade some mid-low round picks for guys you are familiar with, and sign a number of 3rd tier FAs.

It's not like this is trying to harness chaos theory. There's a pretty clear blueprint of what guys from this tree do, and so far, Pioli is acting exactly according to plan.

The odds are fairly good that either Stafford or Sanchez will bust. It happens all the time. The Chiefs just gambled that in giving up a 2nd round pick they have a very good QB that is ready right now, and that will start for 10 years and can lead the team to a SB. I think it's more than worth a 2nd rounder, especially when you throw Vrabel in the mix who can mentor and still has enough, I believe, to play well for a couple of years.

Drafting a QB is such a crap shoot that this move makes much more sense to me than taking Sanchez or Stafford (who I don't think will be there at three anyway).

Mecca
03-01-2009, 06:44 AM
The odds are pretty good that any player will bust...

And who's the elite defensive player? This isn't exactly a great defensive class.

the Talking Can
03-01-2009, 06:48 AM

they may in fact have poor judgment

a separate issue, and one i disagree with, is that they're focused on quick returns...

Cassel is not a veteran QB, and is not similar to Pennington...at all...Pennington was safe aged game manager, Collins was a safe aged game manager, Cassel is a young unproven risk

Messier
03-01-2009, 06:48 AM
The odds are pretty good that any player will bust...

And who's the elite defensive player? This isn't exactly a great defensive class.

There really isn't one. I hope they can trade down in the first.

Mecca
03-01-2009, 06:50 AM
There really isn't one. I hope they can trade down in the first.

Unless you want a QB or an OT the top 5 isn't really a nice place to be sitting this year.

rad
03-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Round 1: Mark Sanchez
Round 3: Nate Davis
Round 4: Rhett Bomar

What do you think?

Maybe we can sign a veteran like Jeff Garcia to mentor these guys?

One of them are bound to hit, right?

What about that Josh Freeman or whatever his name is? Where is hee projected?

Mecca
03-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Josh Freeman is probably really pumped his worst possible scenario is improving all 3 QB's are gone by 19 now.

Messier
03-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Unless you want a QB or an OT the top 5 isn't really a nice place to be sitting this year.

I wouldn't be upset with Curry, although I would rather get a pass rusher later in the first and get another pick.

Mecca
03-01-2009, 06:57 AM
I wouldn't be upset with Curry, although I would rather get a pass rusher later in the first and get another pick.

I just don't really see how Curry fits into a 3-4 very well, I don't think he'd suck but I don't think he could ever justify 3 and the pass rushers this year make me cringe.

rad
03-01-2009, 07:02 AM

1. Pioli attends combine

2. Pioli watches Sanchez workout after presumably watching all his games.

3. Pioli comes home and trades for Cassell.

Is it possible Pioli saw something in Sanchez he didn't like?

Messier
03-01-2009, 07:03 AM
I just don't really see how Curry fits into a 3-4 very well, I don't think he'd suck but I don't think he could ever justify 3 and the pass rushers this year make me cringe.

This will probably be one of those years where the best pass rusher in the draft is 4th or 5th rounder that no one saw coming.

Mecca
03-01-2009, 07:05 AM
1. Pioli attends combine

2. Pioli watches Sanchez workout after presumably watching all his games.

3. Pioli comes home and trades for Cassell.

Is it possible Pioli saw something in Sanchez he didn't like?

I'm going to go with probably not since Stafford hasn't worked out yet and if they were going on that logic they'd want to see both QB's I'm sure.

Iowanian
03-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Phillip Rivers is a prick. Maybe HE'll be nice enough to call Cutler and rub some dirt in it.

This is almost as fun for me as anything the Chiefs have done so far. Its kind of like when a bomb maker accidently blows up his own AQ camp.

tmax63
03-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Not to argue Mecca but I see Pioli saying Thiggy is a work in progress and at best a backup. I also see him grading out Stafford and saying he is off the board before #3. That sets up the logic of seeing something in Sanchez that causes him to fall below Cassel as an option. And getting a defensive player with whom he is familiar with, who can coach on the field and is an upgrade to the lb corps of the Chiefs was just icing on the cake. I don't claim to know why pioli did what he did, I just see a logic to it.

cdcox
03-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Josh Freeman is probably really pumped his worst possible scenario is improving all 3 QB's are gone by 19 now.

If someone drafts Josh Freeman in the first round, they are basically saying Josh Freeman has more up side than Cassel. That shows you what the general opinion of Cassel is in the NFL. I hope we don't give him a ridiculous contract.

Mecca
03-01-2009, 08:10 AM
If someone drafts Josh Freeman in the first round, they are basically saying Josh Freeman has more up side than Cassel. That shows you what the general opinion of Cassel is in the NFL. I hope we don't give him a ridiculous contract.

I have a really hard time seeing these QB's falling past both the Jets and Bucs.

Al Bundy
03-01-2009, 08:18 AM

I disagree with you here. I think Curry is the real deal and will excel in the 3-4, much more than a 4-3. I think if you team him up with Johnson and Vrabel the pass rush instantly becomes better simply because of Vrabel being a coach on the field.

Al Bundy
03-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Ohh and Buc fans want the deal to get done for Cutler. But I don't want to give up our 1st and 3rd, I really want to make it a 3rd and a player.

Mecca
03-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Curry isn't a pass rusher though...in a 3-4 he's a one of the MLB's.

Al Bundy
03-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Curry isn't a pass rusher though...in a 3-4 he's a one of the MLB's.

Seems to me like he would be one of the guys coming off the edge but either way I think the pick will probably be one of those tackles.

Mecca
03-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Seems to me like he would be one of the guys coming off the edge but either way I think the pick will probably be one of those tackles.

You just want me to bash my head in don't you?

tomahawk kid
03-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Phillip Rivers is a prick. Maybe HE'll be nice enough to call Cutler and rub some dirt in it.

This is almost as fun for me as anything the Chiefs have done so far. Its kind of like when a bomb maker accidently blows up his own AQ camp.

Not only his he s prick - he's a f#cking wieney on top of being a prick.

Those are the worst kind - dork's that think they're shit doesn't stink.....

Ultra Peanut
03-01-2009, 09:00 AM
This alone might have been worth the 2nd round pick.Absolutely.

mlyonsd
03-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Source: Spurned Cutler wants to be traded

It's almost like waking up on Christmas morning.

I might whistle all day long.

Adept Havelock
03-01-2009, 09:55 AM

:hmmm:

Absolutely.

:p

Jack
03-01-2009, 09:56 AM
The Mange is imploding. The only thing better than this would be pounding them on the way to a Superbowl Championship.

It is impossible to look at the Orange Mane. I would like to lurk over there to enjoy the fallout of shan-a-gone and this issue. But they lock the site up so tight I wonder how those folks even breath.

It would be nice if the planet mods would have a worm hole to go watch the fun. Anyone have a link?

Jack

Mile High Mania
03-01-2009, 10:01 AM
It is impossible to look at the Orange Mane. I would like to lurk over there to enjoy the fallout of shan-a-gone and this issue. But they lock the site up so tight I wonder how those folks even breath.

It would be nice if the planet mods would have a worm hole to go watch the fun. Anyone have a link?

Jack

I visit there every once and a while... but, the mass hysteria panic attack during times like this drive me crazy. I cruise through a few different Broncos' boards to get a balance of crazy emotions.

FD
03-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Whats great is Cutler will be reminded of this twice a year whenever we play, you know they're going to never stop bringing it up.

wild1
03-01-2009, 10:39 AM
hopefully the people sitting on the visitor's bench side at arrowhead will have some good signs made up for cutler's visit this year

Al Bundy
03-01-2009, 10:46 AM

Nahhh I just had a picture in my mind of Curry coming off the edge.

Bwana
03-01-2009, 10:47 AM

Jack

No, but you can go here. Great stuff. ROFL

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

cabletech94
03-01-2009, 10:57 AM

Hope he remembers to take his diabetes medicine.

Hog Farmer
03-01-2009, 11:03 AM
I haven't read through all the posts but I think this is a good sign that McDaniels wanted Cassell over a probowler in Cutler!

And it's also great that Cutler is taking it all so well!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Kotter
03-01-2009, 11:09 AM
I haven't read through all the posts but I think this is a good sign that McDaniels wanted Cassell over a probowler in Cutler!

And it's also great that Cutler is taking it all so well!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Yup. LMAO

Toad
03-01-2009, 11:15 AM
One of the most entertaining reads ever...

BigRock
03-01-2009, 11:25 AM

Carl Peterson would never make this move because Matt Cassel is not an established veteran QB.

You're comparing this to Parcells and "quick returns" and "vet QBs" and whatnot like we just traded for Chad Pennington or Drew Bledsoe. Cassel is not a "win now" veteran quarterback. The guy is 26 years old. He is by no means a proven commodity.

In terms of experience, he's really no different than Thigpen. He came off the bench because of injury, played well, but nobody knows if it will sustain itself beyond that one season. He could be a one-year wonder. The only major difference compared to Tyler in experience is that Cassel has an extra year or two of sitting on the bench under his belt.

Trading for Cassel is only slightly less of a risk than drafting a QB with the third pick. This is by no means some kind of "win now" move, it's a chance to grab a young QB who could be the guy here for 10 years. The only difference is they traded for one instead of drafting one. Except that's only from a Chiefs perspective... from Pioli's perspective, he DID draft him.

dirk digler
03-01-2009, 11:33 AM
LMAO

Bill trying to screw the Broncos

Mort also suggests that the Pats leaked word of the Broncos’ effort to trade Cutler to the Boston Globe as a way to mess with the Broncos.
Um, wow.
We only wish that the Broncos and Pats played each other twice per year. As a consolation, the Broncos and Chiefs still do.

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Jay Culter needs to grow up

by Mark Knudson, Colorado Sports Examiner

Something has always made me uneasy about Jay Culter. His immature and petulant response to the recent news that his name has been involved in trade discussions just reinforces those feelings.

Be honest. Prior to the scouting combine in 2006, you’d never heard of Jay Culter. If you’d heard the name, it was because of the body builder, not the quarterback. It’s perfectly understandable. You don’t live in SEC country, and unless you studied all the lesser lights of that conference, you’d hadn’t heard of the quarterback from Vanderbilt who never led his team to a winning record, a bowl game, or even a marquee win. (Yes, I know the Commodores beat Tennessee in Culter’s senior year, but that was a lousy Tennessee team that went 5-6. Not a big deal.)

He became a darling of the Mel Kiper Klan during the combine, which is also understandable because of his obvious physical gifts. He ran the option in high school, so he has very good feet, he had cannon for an arm, and they don’t let dummies into Vandy in the first place. On paper, he had all the ‘measureables.’

Yet even while the Denver media was going ga ga over this new phenom when the Broncos traded up to grab him on draft day, I was still wondering exactly why. Something didn’t feel right. Mostly because he hadn’t gone to a bowl game or even played in a game that really mattered in four years of college…and why, if he was so great, did he choose to go to football-poor Vanderbilt and not someplace like nearby Notre Dame in the first place?

It wasn’t the ‘measureables” I was concerned with. It was what doesn’t get measured.

Now that we’re three years into the Cutler era in Denver, we have seen why. While he’s put up glittering stats – just like he did in college – and gotten a pro bowl nod (that he really didn’t deserve when you look at the season as a whole) and lots of accolades about his bright future – the problem is, Cutler still hasn’t produced when and where it matters most – in the win column. Just like college. Again, something's missing.

Sure, you can blame it on the Denver defense, the lack of a running game, injuries and all that. But the fact is other quarterbacks have won more with less around them. There are plenty of examples of Jay Cutler coming up short when it mattered most.

It’s not that he doesn’t have the physical skills, obviously. But something about the intangibles still doesn’t feel right. Am I the only one that notices his TERRIBLE body language? The drooped shoulders when a receiver drops a pass? The look on his face that makes it seem like he’s always deflecting the blame to someone else? Even with the great arm, there’s a penchant for relying on it too much, using poor throwing mechanics, throwing off his back foot too often and not stepping into his throws. It reflects an attitude that would seem to lack some honest self-evaluation. When you watch him, it looks like Cutler thinks he’s better than he is.

A little known example of some poor judgment: During Culter’s rookie year, I had a friend who told me he’d been at a Friday night party that Cutler was also at. (Keep in mind, Cutler was to be under center for the Broncos that coming Sunday at 2 pm.) As Friday night turned into Saturday morning, Culter and some of the other party guests decided to grab a football, I was told, and go out into the front yard where they would use a nearby stop sign as a target. They spent a good chunk of time, my friend said, in a contest that involved firing footballs at that stop sign.

If this is true (and I do trust my source) is this an example of terrible behavior? Certainly not. But you have to wonder about the timing, and the judgment, don’t you? Was that the best thing to be doing with a game about 36 hours away? Again, there seems to be a touch of arrogance mixed with immaturity that is disconcerting.

Now, we get his overreaction to the trade talks. The ‘poor me, I deserve so much better’ attitude reflected in the quotes attributed to him. Here’s a newsflash, Jay: This aint Intramurals, brother! This is professional sports. ANYONE can get traded. ANYONE. Wayne Gretzky got traded in his prime. So did Shaquille O’Neal, Kevin Garnett, Alex Rodriquez, Eric Dickerson. The list is very very long. Full of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers. Better players than Jay Cutler have been traded and worse yet, been ‘rumored’ to be traded. You’re probably staying put, Jay, and guess what? You just have to deal with all of this and still produce on the field. It goes with the job.

You’re not too good, too important or too much of a star to be mentioned in trade talks or anything else. The Broncos were great long before you got here, and they will be great again with or without you. It’s time to start acting like a mature, professional quarterback and not a prim Dona.

Stop whining and start winning.

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 03:40 PM
<object width="440" height="361">
<param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3943257"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3943257" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" width="440" height="361"></embed>
</object>

orange
03-01-2009, 03:43 PM
You realize you just quoted someone who thinks tossing a football around 36 hours before a game is going to ruin a professional quarterback's arm?

I haven't seen the Examiner lately, but the last time I did it was in one of the "Free Paper" racks at the supermarket.

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 03:44 PM
You realize you just quoted someone who thinks tossing a football around 36 hours before a game is going to ruin a professional quarterback's arm?

Just sharing info as it becomes available. But thanks for the heads-up.

FLACHIEF58HOF
03-01-2009, 03:58 PM
ROFLRumor has it that Cutler was so mad that he almost changed facial expressions.

Anyong Bluth
03-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Hell, Pioli is one sneaky fucker.

Let it be known. BB does not like you to be a coach of his and go to another team to HC. He will give you the judas kiss curse on the way out.

You've got various teams clubbing baby seals trying to get some attention to acquire Cassel - presumably by various reports, some to package him to trade for Cutler.

Which jumps to Denver- where it looks like their new HC decided that Jay Cutler ain't his huckleberry, and after trade talks amounted to nothing, word broke and now Cutler is acting like a big stupid bitch on her heaviest flow day.
* If Cassel never amounts to shit, Pioli may have effectively done more to kill Cutler's success, or at least his success in Denver. Spectacular.

Various dickheads with access to keyboards have weighed in on KC's stealing of Cassel & Vrabel for our 2nd. Yeah, I'm talking to you Mariotti. Why the fuck are you still on TV on ATH-- the whole point of the show is to talk to columnists from around the country... YOU DON'T HAVE ONE ANYMORE. On a sidenote: kudos again goes to Michael Smith, who did a phone in about the situation on ESPN. basically stating that the value was fair. No way they were going to get the 1st, the 2nd is plenty high, and the team realistically couldn't even come close to keeping both QB's on at their salary amounts. In addition, he noted that KC also was doing some help to the pats by taking on Vrabel b/c he's an older player with a high cap number this year. We have the cap space and could use the guy, and so it was a win win situation.

I am loving this drama. I've contacted a number of my friends that are Bronco's fans, and can't get 1 response.

mlyonsd
03-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Hell, Pioli is one sneaky ****er.

Let it be known. BB does not like you to be a coach of his and go to another team to HC. He will give you the judas kiss curse on the way out.

You've got various teams clubbing baby seals trying to get some attention to acquire Cassel - presumably by various reports, some to package him to trade for Cutler.

Which jumps to Denver- where it looks like their new HC decided that Jay Cutler ain't his huckleberry, and after trade talks amounted to nothing, word broke and now Cutler is acting like a big stupid bitch on her heaviest flow day.
* If Cassel never amounts to shit, Pioli may have effectively done more to kill Cutler's success, or at least his success in Denver. Spectacular.

Various dickheads with access to keyboards have weighed in on KC's stealing of Cassel & Vrabel for our 2nd. Yeah, I'm talking to you Mariotti. Why the **** are you still on TV on ATH-- the whole point of the show is to talk to columnists from around the country... YOU DON'T HAVE ONE ANYMORE. On a sidenote: kudos again goes to Michael Smith, who did a phone in about the situation on ESPN. basically stating that the value was fair. No way they were going to get the 1st, the 2nd is plenty high, and the team realistically couldn't even come close to keeping both QB's on at their salary amounts. In addition, he noted that KC also was doing some help to the pats by taking on Vrabel b/c he's an older player with a high cap number this year. We have the cap space and could use the guy, and so it was a win win situation.

I am loving this drama. I've contacted a number of my friends that are Bronco's fans, and can't get 1 response.

Great take and rant.

FAX
03-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Good post, Mr. Cocina_Basement. Just so you know, my sources have told me that Cutler has notified his fellow goats that he will no longer be providing the team BJs on Wednesdays and he wants his Barbie Doll collection back pronto.

FAX

Anyong Bluth
03-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Good post, Mr. Cocina_Basement. Just so you know, my sources have told me that Cutler has notified his fellow goats that he will no longer be providing the team BJs on Wednesdays and he wants his Barbie Doll collection back pronto.

FAX

I wonder what the vegas odds are on Griese, McCaffery or Sharpe, blowing up the phonelines as we speak. Just calling, ring ring ring ring - goes to voicemail. Hang up, call. ring ring ring-- over and over.

1 of these 3 lollipop boys is just about to squeal with joy at the thought of being the teams head fluffer boy!

KcMizzou
03-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Hell, Pioli is one sneaky ****er.

Various dickheads with access to keyboards have weighed in on KC's stealing of Cassel & Vrabel for our 2nd. Yeah, I'm talking to you Mariotti. Why the **** are you still on TV on ATH-- the whole point of the show is to talk to columnists from around the country... YOU DON'T HAVE ONE ANYMORE. On a sidenote: kudos again goes to Michael Smith, who did a phone in about the situation on ESPN. basically stating that the value was fair. No way they were going to get the 1st, the 2nd is plenty high, and the team realistically couldn't even come close to keeping both QB's on at their salary amounts. In addition, he noted that KC also was doing some help to the pats by taking on Vrabel b/c he's an older player with a high cap number this year. We have the cap space and could use the guy, and so it was a win win situation.

I am loving this drama. I've contacted a number of my friends that are Bronco's fans, and can't get 1 response.LMAO

KcKing
03-01-2009, 04:36 PM

FAX

There once was a Quarterback named Jay,
That blew goats weekly on the fourth day,
He emptied their balls,
And demanded his dolls,
And that's how we all knew he was Ghey...

:shrug:

tk13
03-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Michael Smith was just on ESPN. He says the Broncos were absolutely trying to trade for Cassel and are now just doing damage control.

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Michael Smith was just on ESPN. He says the Broncos were absolutely trying to trade for Cassel and are now just doing damage control.

Did he offer more proof than Jack Harry did about Priest Holmes' tumor? Or Morton Anderson did about Shanahrat coaching in KC? The donks are sticking to the story that they were only "listening" to offers and never pursued a deal or agreed to a deal. True? Who knows...

“We don't want to trade Jay,” Broncos coach Josh McDaniels told the Denver Post. “We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team.”

the Talking Can
03-01-2009, 05:48 PM

that will never not be awesome

FAX
03-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Did he offer more proof than Jack Harry did about Priest Holmes' tumor? Or Morton Anderson did about Shanahrat coaching in KC? The donks are sticking to the story that they were only "listening" to offers and never pursued a deal or agreed to a deal. True? Who knows...

“We don't want to trade Jay,” Broncos coach Josh McDaniels told the Denver Post. “We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team.”

McDaniels has no alternative other than to take this line, Mr. T-post Tom. Any other approach would alienate Cutler even more - not to mention piss off both Pioli and Hoodie. Nope. He has no choice.

FAX

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 05:59 PM

Is there some system glitch going on with the Planet, or did you co-opt my incredibly dazzling turn of phrase?
With true excellence so hard to come by in this world, I can not fault you for seeking the best of the best. Enjoy! :D

that will never not be awesome

My favorite things with Dungver right now are the non-stop calling of Bowlen a brain-dead alcoholic, and the 8 million "Mc Nicknames" they use for their Head Coach.

LMAO:LOL:LMAO

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 06:03 PM
who cares if it's true or not?

We got a SWEET deal and in the process pissed off the franchise player of the Broncos...

If yesterday wasn't one of the greatest days in Chiefs history, I don't know what is...

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2009, 06:03 PM
(yes, and I realize that's a sad thing to say about the constant failures of this organization)

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 06:07 PM
McDaniels has no alternative other than to take this line, Mr. T-post Tom. Any other approach would alienate Cutler even more - not to mention piss off both Pioli and Hoodie. Nope. He has no choice.

FAX

Probably so, if the accusation was true. I won't disagree with you on that. But has anyone in the press provided anything other than UNSUBSTANTIATED HEARSAY? Personally, I love that Cutler is pizzed. But I find it highly implausible that the Pats turned down a first & a third in lieu of the Chiefs' 2nd. Loyalty or not, the Pats would never screw themselves over like that.

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Is there some system glitch going on with the Planet, or did you co-opt my incredibly dazzling turn of phrase?

Not intentionally, but you have so many...:) What exactly did I steal?

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Not intentionally, but you have so many...:) What exactly did I steal?
Your sig is displaying mine, minus the picture.

Skip Towne
03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
LMAO

You have Donkey fans for friends? Just like a MUron.

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 06:13 PM
who cares if it's true or not?

We got a SWEET deal and in the process pissed off the franchise player of the Broncos...

If yesterday wasn't one of the greatest days in Chiefs history, I don't know what is...

You're right. My concern is that the deal is being called into question without grounds. There seem to be those that really want to create a "Spygate II".

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Your sig is displaying mine, minus the picture.

Must be a glitch on your end. I don't see it.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Must be a glitch on your end. I don't see it.

Cool. As long as it's not messin' with the server, that's great. Thanks.

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Cool. As long as it's not messin' with the server, that's great. Thanks.

Just so you know...

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Just so you know...

Weird.

KcMizzou
03-01-2009, 06:23 PM
You have Donkey fans for friends? Just like a MUron.Whoa not me...

Easy with the friendly fire.

FAX
03-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Probably so, if the accusation was true. I won't disagree with you on that. But has anyone in the press provided anything other than UNSUBSTANTIATED HEARSAY? Personally, I love that Cutler is pizzed. But I find it highly implausible that the Pats turned down a first & a third in lieu of the Chiefs' 2nd. Loyalty or not, the Pats would never screw themselves over like that.

Well, Vrabel was in KC on Friday, right? If so, this deal was made verbally prior to Saturday. I think the timing suggests that Pioli and Hoodie made a deal and the Bucs/Lions/Goats came late to the party. Sure, with anyone else Hoodie might have nixed the verbal agreement but not with Pioli - too much history and friendship there, I imagine.

It's all theory of course, but it makes sense. By the way ... this quote from the article above: "When you watch him, it looks like Cutler thinks he’s better than he is." rings with truthfulism, in my view.

FAX

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Well, Vrabel was in KC on Friday, right? If so, this deal was made verbally prior to Saturday. I think the timing suggests that Pioli and Hoodie made a deal and the Bucs/Lions/Goats came late to the party. Sure, with anyone else Hoodie might have nixed the verbal agreement but not with Pioli - too much history and friendship there, I imagine.

It's all theory of course, but it makes sense. By the way ... this quote from the article above: "When you watch him, it looks like Cutler thinks he’s better than he is." rings with truthfulism, in my view. FAX

Getting such a great deal and bitch-slapping the donks in the same move... I'm loving it.

FAX
03-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Getting such a great deal and bitch-slapping the donks in the same move... I'm loving it.

Homeric.

FAX

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 07:20 PM

I wonder how the few people lamenting "missing out on McDaniels as part of a package deal" are seeing things today?

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Homeric.

FAX

I prefer Ionic Greek. Actually, my favorit Greek is:

http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/NewFashion/VickyKaya2.jpg

orange
03-01-2009, 07:27 PM
I wonder how the few people lamenting "missing out on McDaniels as part of a package deal" are seeing things today?

Your guys screwed up, too, though on a much lesser level (guard vs. quarterback).

ROOKIES!

I mean really, who would they piss off on the Chiefs by trying to trade? Your two highest profile players WANT to be traded.

T-post Tom
03-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Your guys screwed up, too, though on a much lesser level (guard vs. quarterback).

ROOKIES!

I mean really, who would they piss off on the Chiefs by trying to trade? Your two highest profile players WANT to be traded.

You seem to be under the the misapprehension that Carl Peterson and Herm are still calling the shots here in KC. B Dup will be fine now that he understands the new protocol in the FO. And LJ remains an enigma that will either choose to be part of the solution or pack his bags. His issues started way before the new sheriff came to town.

It'll be interesting to see where this conversation is when the playoffs come around.

Danman
03-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Well now we know why Pioli was too busy to see Brian Waters. Let's see, aquiring a starting QB and LB, vs sitting down to talk with a football player that has sand in his vagina cuz they fired his butt buddy Herm.

Darth CarlSatan
03-01-2009, 08:09 PM

ROOKIES!

Oh lord; you think I'm lamenting that? ROFL That dressing-down was the wake up call for ALL parties involved, and I'm glad it was done sooner rather than later!

Can't take crap from the puppies; gotta' swat that nose with a newspaper until the point gets across!