PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Isn't it Amazing?

MahiMike
03-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Can you guys honestly believe what's happening to our beloved team? In a little more than 2 months, we've broken free from the tyranny of a clueless GM, even more clueless coaching staff to this.

Since Pioli's been here, he's hired the young version of Al Saunders to head up a soon-to-be high-powered offense. He's just negotiated a STEAL for the best free agent in the market and got a freebie pro-bowl LB to go with it. And you can put your money on him getting multiple picks for that #3 over that we STILL have.

Now talk of Romeo Crennel to top it all off. I mean, come on! Just pinch me already!

BONUS: The Broncos are imploding with their too young GM/HC.

Fritz88
03-01-2009, 02:17 PM
it's going to be a very interesting ride and I am ready for it.

JASONSAUTO
03-01-2009, 02:18 PM
AMAZING IS SPOT ON

Marco Polo
Hope springs eternal.

MTG#10
I refuse to let myself get my hopes up for this team, Ive been burned too many times. But so far so good.

Groves
03-01-2009, 02:19 PM
like a gentle breeze on the glowing embers of Chief fandom. Burning bright and loving it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-01-2009, 02:24 PM
I seems we're finally being paid back for all the years of embarrassing failure and douchebaggery the Carl era was famed for. We have a GM and a head coach that don't caudle players but rather expect the best effort from everyone. It doesn't matter if your name is Brian Waters or Johnny Schmelzinpoodle... you either re-dedicate yourself to the team concept or they'll find someone who will. Our team is in good hands and for the first time ever I have no concerns about whats going on at Arrowhead. Whether we have a great season this year or not I'm finally confident we're moving in the right direction again.

Now I'm just.........trying to............. resist................the................urge..........to......................give a shit again..............................................believeing has brought nothing but dissappointment before............................................................................... AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rockymtnchief
03-01-2009, 02:24 PM
I refuse to let myself get my hopes up for this team, Ive been burned too many times. But so far so good.
x2

38 years of "next year" makes me this way. But, I like the direction and actions taken so far.

Discuss Thrower
03-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Sun shines on a fat woman's ass from time to time.

DaWolf
03-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Let's win something first, but hey, at least it ain't King Carl...

philfree
03-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Behold The Amazing Pioli! Watch as he mysteriously pulls a QB out of his assistant Bill's ass. Presto!

PhilFree:arrow:

DaKCMan AP
03-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Please don't compare Haley to Al Saunders.

Micjones
03-01-2009, 02:37 PM
VERY Happy with what I've seen thus far.
Excited about the Free Agents still available and the forthcoming Draft.

Trading down, to say the #9 spot, and replacing that #2 we gave up plus a #3 would be a coup.

RedThat
03-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Im really happy with the moves we made. We've improved.

Getting 2 really solid players that were a key part of that NE team last year, and only giving up a 2nd rounder in return is like a 2 for 1 deal. All I gotta say is good job Pioli.

I think there is a lot more moves to come. You're gonna see a lot of changes happening between now, the draft and the start of next season. Im excited.

Huffman83
03-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I say we don't start sucking each others dicks just yet......once I see higher numbers in the W column. I'll be convinced.

But it is great that there is some actual action on this team to make it better. That trade is a statement of how things are going to be. Even if it fails, it was still a drastic change to show the shape of things to come.

tomahawk kid
03-01-2009, 03:19 PM
All I'll say is this - for the first time since I can remember, my 68 year old father has hope about his favorite thing in life.

That in of itself has been awesome.....

Count Zarth
03-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Yeah, and I might get laid soon!

It IS amazing!

MTG#10
03-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah, and I might get laid soon!

It IS amazing!

Whats his name? :)

keg in kc
03-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Little early to be saying anything about the coaching staff. It could end up being no change at all. Impossible to say either way on the first day of March.

ChiefsCountry
03-01-2009, 03:35 PM
We will see, judging by the track record of the Bill Parcells tree other than Belichek more than likely not. Hope they prove me wrong in a big way.

Johnny Vegas
03-01-2009, 03:41 PM
in my 18 years as a fan I feel like its not the Chiefs anymore. I don't know how to respond other than it was fun to be negative during the Carl era. I wasn't alive when the Chiefs won the SB and if the Chiefs do win a SB during Pioli's career here then I might just cry because I waited 20 years to see them win a SB. I can't imagine some of you fans out there that watched the SB when they won and then have a 40 year drought. Chiefs fans have some thick skin.

speak24
03-01-2009, 03:48 PM
:BLVD::toast::popcorn:

What's next...

Noss
03-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I've seen the Chiefs loss SB I and win SB IIII. I want to see W's and SB W's. But so far I have I some hope the Chiefs can get back to the SB in the near future.

MahiMike
03-01-2009, 07:27 PM
in my 18 years as a fan I feel like its not the Chiefs anymore. I don't know how to respond other than it was fun to be negative during the Carl era. I wasn't alive when the Chiefs won the SB and if the Chiefs do win a SB during Pioli's career here then I might just cry because I waited 20 years to see them win a SB. I can't imagine some of you fans out there that watched the SB when they won and then have a 40 year drought. Chiefs fans have some thick skin.

I was 7 when we won the last SB. I'm 48 now. Time to get excited again.