PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Possible trades...........

Tribal Warfare
03-02-2009, 12:10 AM
IMO, it seems Pioli will try to get rid of all the Vermeil/Edward leftovers as possible for picks the players who have some value are probably gone are DJ,LJ,Thigpen and unfortunately Waters. I know most are very obvious, but the DJ trade is very likely due to he's a coverage Linebacker and his lackadaisical work ethic but he still has an assload of talent but no discipline.

smittysbar
03-02-2009, 12:13 AM
And why do you think he will do this?

Tribal Warfare
03-02-2009, 12:16 AM
And why do you think he will do this?

Conflicting attitudes in the lockerroom that the said players won't buy into the system and new leadership.

Thig Lyfe
03-02-2009, 12:22 AM
He won't trade DJ.

Tribal Warfare
03-02-2009, 12:24 AM
He won't trade DJ.

I believe he will, the guy should be a perennial all-pro by now but doesn't have the work ethic to get over the top.

SPchief
03-02-2009, 12:25 AM
I doubt he'll trade young linebackers

Tribal Warfare
03-02-2009, 12:29 AM
I doubt he'll trade young linebackers

He has value, because of his youth but doesn't have attitude or work ethic to be on a winning team. Hell Gunther and Herm have said that he loses focus and gets lazy during games. Who the fuck gets lazy during games, the guy is getting away with this because of his talent and part of the reason why KC was always in the bottom half of league defensively.

Basileus777
03-02-2009, 12:29 AM
What would be the point of trading DJ? Some people here just have unreasonable expectations from him.

Tribal Warfare
03-02-2009, 12:31 AM
What would be the point of trading DJ? Some people here just have unreasonable expectations from him.

One he's a Cover 2 Linebacker, and the other is his attitude and work ethic. Look, Whitlock and others have said this is an issue that his physique looks soft, and is due to his lack of training regiment in the offseason.

Direckshun
03-02-2009, 12:40 AM
I continue to put Tony G at a 3rd.

LJ at a mid-rounder.

Waters at a 3rd.

Thigpen, if anybody out there is genuinely interested, would have to be a performance-based pick, since he could be a gimmick or a legit talent.

tboss27
03-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Conflicting attitudes in the lockerroom that the said players won't buy into the system and new leadership.

Not saying DJ is living up to his potential, but I don't see Pioli trading away the only LB on his team w/ any talent when he's gonna need 4 of them for the defensive scheme he wants to run.

Tribal Warfare
03-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Not saying DJ is living up to his potential, but I don't see Pioli trading away the only LB on his team w/ any talent when he's gonna need 4 of them for the defensive scheme he wants to run.

Pioli even said it himself, " Individuals make probowls, but a team whens championships" Then he went on drafting the right players ect...

Mecca
03-02-2009, 12:43 AM

A LB taken at the 15th pick should be significantly more productive than he is.

The Buddha
03-02-2009, 12:50 AM
One he's a Cover 2 Linebacker, and the other is his attitude and work ethic. Look, Whitlock and others have said this is an issue that his physique looks soft, and is due to his lack of training regiment in the offseason.

Although I agree for where we drafted him it seems like he should be more, we don't need to get rid of adequate players.

We can't recreate the entire team all at once, and he's definitely not the weakest link. Even if he doesn't fit, I'm sure we can find some place for him.

I know other teams like NE have tons of linebackers and switch them all about. Maybe he could be a good 3-4 lb on passing downs. I don't know if teams do that, but my point is that we can make it work. But we shouldn't just try and get a team that's 80% different in one year, you know?

The Buddha
03-02-2009, 12:54 AM

I think after 3 years, it should be totally forgotten where a person was drafted. Its unfair to a player to say they suck when they are a quality (not great) part of a team, yet happened to be drafted in the top ten.

Disappointing he may be, but its time we get over it, accept him for what he is, and learn how to use him. And you can neg rep me for this, that's fine. But I'm trying to be optimistic, that's all. Just forget the past, and focus on the future.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 12:56 AM
After 3 years most players are what they are so then you can declare if they suck or not.

He's in the last year of his deal so learn how to use him probably means waving bye to another guy who didn't pan out.

The Buddha
03-02-2009, 01:06 AM
After 3 years most players are what they are so then you can declare if they suck or not.

He's in the last year of his deal so learn how to use him probably means waving bye to another guy who didn't pan out.

If he's in the last year of his contract, expect 5 INTs 5 sacks and 150 tackles...lol :-)

Lets get rid of him NEXT year.

Barret
03-02-2009, 01:56 AM
I think Tribal and Mecca both make good points. Could one of the reason Pioli is bringing in Vrabel so that he can work with the LB's and bring in the veteran leadership?

If Vrabel says "geez this kid doesnt want to work and wont listen to me or the coaches about hustling" then I would bet he is gone.

BCD
03-02-2009, 02:05 AM
I believe he will, the guy should be a perennial all-pro by now but doesn't have the work ethic to get over the top.I don't think its his work ethic that was holding him back. Lousy fucking coaching. Seems to me he could flourish in a 3-4 on the outside.

BCD
03-02-2009, 02:07 AM
A LB taken at the 15th pick should be significantly more productive than he is.You are correct. I still blame coaching.

Tribal Warfare
03-02-2009, 02:08 AM
I don't think its his work ethic that was holding him back. Lousy fucking coaching. Seems to me he could flourish in a 3-4 on the outside.

Doesn't have the knack for it, if he did they'd blitzed him constantly. losing focus in games like Gunther stated is directly rated to work ethic.

BCD
03-02-2009, 02:12 AM
Doesn't have the knack for it, if he did they'd blitzed him constantly. losing focus in games like Gunther stated is directly rated to work ethic.I stopped believing anything that tool said years ago. You know how that staff loved to throw its players under the bus.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 02:12 AM
I don't think its his work ethic that was holding him back. Lousy fucking coaching. Seems to me he could flourish in a 3-4 on the outside.

He's not an outside 3-4 backer.

Ultra Peanut
03-02-2009, 02:40 AM
After 3 years most players are what they are so then you can declare if they suck or not.Indeed. Sucks for him that he had horrible coaching, and all, but it doesn't matter now.

DJ is the perfect example of how no one is ever a lock.

Dick Bull
03-02-2009, 02:41 AM
He's not an outside 3-4 backer.

I'm curious why you say this? DJ has speed and good coverage skills, why do you feel this way?

Mecca
03-02-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm curious why you say this? DJ has speed and good coverage skills, why do you feel this way?

3-4 outside backers are big like 260 they need to have outstanding pass rush moves. His cover skills aren't that important in a 3-4 what he does as a OLB in a 4-3 is more of what the athletic MLB does in a 3-4 the role a guy like Jarod Mayo plays up in NE.

Think who plays OLB in a 3-4 they're converted DE's.

veist
03-02-2009, 02:49 AM
What're the odds he gets dealt on draft day?

Mecca
03-02-2009, 02:52 AM
What're the odds he gets dealt on draft day?

50/50 if they were to actually take Curry then it goes up because in a 3-4 defense they'd play that same athletic MLB spot...

Now a guy like Tamba Hali is a goner he has no position.

veist
03-02-2009, 03:00 AM
50/50 if they were to actually take Curry then it goes up because in a 3-4 defense they'd play that same athletic MLB spot...

Now a guy like Tamba Hali is a goner he has no position.

Yeah, he's just not a fit for any position in the 3-4. Maybe they can convert him to a FB :rolleyes: lol.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 03:02 AM
There are some players on the Chiefs that do have value if you wanted to move away from them, I suspect they will try Dorsey at end, but if they decided they couldn't with the weak crop of top D players this year you could probably get a team to give you a 1 for him.

Most of this front 7 is likely to be replaced within 2 years, hell I suspect most of the defensive personnel will be replaced in 2 years.

veist
03-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Dorsey can probably hack it at DE considering we were using him at under tackle and he wasn't getting put on his ass, maybe he can be Seymour. I wouldn't turn my nose up at that. Most being everyone not named Brandon Flowers?

tmax63
03-02-2009, 06:38 AM
I think DJ's fate is in the hands of Vrabel. If DJ wants to stay and learn from a "pro" then I think he could still reach his potential. If he cops an attitude like Waters did he outa here. And I think that's part of why Pioli got Vrabel mixed into the deal.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Vrabel was mixed into the deal because the Pats wanted to dump his salary, fortunately for him, he gets to be overpaid rather than being cut and signing somewhere for half of what he'd make this year, given that he's on the precipice of the glue factory.

The Bad Guy
03-02-2009, 07:31 AM
I want to see DJ work with a coach other than Gunther Cunningham.

liljohn7
03-02-2009, 08:17 AM
The knock on DJ coming out of college was that he ran around blocks instead of taking on blockers and shedding them. That is the whole point of a 3 4 defense to keep the blockers off the linebackers. I think he will play much better with good coaching and a better system-
Posted via Mobile Device

RedThat
03-02-2009, 08:23 AM
I wouldn't give up on the guy just yet. we're pretty thin at LB and going to a 3-4, you're gonna need LBer's and he's the best one on our roster right now imo. He has talent no question about it. But like some of you guys said, it's his work ethic at times thats been inconsistent. That's why I think adding a guy like Vrabel is a big thing because it teaches the young guys like DJ to work on other aspects of their game that need improvement.

I agree he had lousy coaches to work with. Sometimes players do well whenever there is a change in the environment around them. Maybe thats what DJ needs?

Shox
03-02-2009, 08:53 AM

Nobody is going to be as productive as they should be in a Herm Edwards defense. His philoshopy is to sit back read and try not to get burned. It allows the offense to dictate to the defense.

When are people going to realize Herm did put his team in the position to have sucess. The Chiefs 2008 defense should have been about 20th if not as high as 15th if they would have had quality coaching. I know there is no way to prove this, but I truely believe it would have been so.

Watch how much better players some of these guys become in 2009.

BigRedChief
03-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Vrabel was mixed into the deal because the Pats wanted to dump his salary, fortunately for him, he gets to be overpaid rather than being cut and signing somewhere for half of what he'd make this year, given that he's on the precipice of the glue factory.
and cap space is not an issue with us. Veterans who can provide leadership and know how to win? We need boatloads of that in the locker room.

boogblaster
03-02-2009, 09:30 AM
DJ can play as well as anyone ... what he becomes is the question .. maybe another team will be what opens his eyes ... that said , I hate to see him go without at least one year under a good coachin system ..

doomy3
03-02-2009, 09:39 AM
He has value, because of his youth but doesn't have attitude or work ethic to be on a winning team. Hell Gunther and Herm have said that he loses focus and gets lazy during games. Who the **** gets lazy during games, the guy is getting away with this because of his talent and part of the reason why KC was always in the bottom half of league defensively.

Do you have a link for this? I don't remember hearing this.

Mr. Krab
03-02-2009, 09:55 AM
He will get rid of players as he has a chance to upgrade that position. There is no reason get rid of anyone before that

Tribal Warfare
03-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Do you have a link for this? I don't remember hearing this.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/12/10/688997/on-derrick-johnson%E2%80%99s-move

doomy3
03-02-2009, 10:25 AM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/12/10/688997/on-derrick-johnson%E2%80%99s-move

I think you are taking those comments out of context. I'm not defending DJ, but it sounds like what Herm is saying there is that because of his move to MLB, he had to focus on things like checks, etc that he didn't have to worry about at OLB. I don't think he was saying that DJ lacks focus.

philfree
03-02-2009, 11:28 AM
I think you are taking those comments out of context. I'm not defending DJ, but it sounds like what Herm is saying there is that because of his move to MLB, he had to focus on things like checks, etc that he didn't have to worry about at OLB. I don't think he was saying that DJ lacks focus.

I didn't read the word lackadaisical any where on that link.

PhilFree:arrow: