PDA

View Full Version : Is BJ Raji worth #3 overall?

Direckshun
03-02-2009, 01:48 AM
A gigantic nose tackle who can penetrate upfield?

Does Raji have what it takes to be a top five pick?

Thoughts.

L.A. Chieffan
03-02-2009, 01:50 AM
suspended for academic reasons? seems kinda of like a mongoloid and not really a pioli type player. big dude tho

Mecca
03-02-2009, 01:53 AM
A NT is not exactly a position that requires a brain.

L.A. Chieffan
03-02-2009, 01:54 AM
A NT is not exactly a position that requires a brain.

i know, but he couldnt even get his bitches to do his homework for him either? thats kinda lazy

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 05:40 AM
I really don't know. It's really disconcerting that we've been put in this situation.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 05:44 AM
It's not a great position to be in but we don't have alot of other than praying to trade down or taking a LB ridiculously high.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 06:01 AM
It's not a great position to be in but we don't have alot of other than praying to trade down or taking a LB ridiculously high.

I know. It's just one of the many reasons why I didn't like the Cassel trade, or the move to a 3-4. It's all related.

I feel like we're getting an inferior QB who is ready now, but not only did that cost us our second rounder, it destroyed our value for our first as well, and even if a guy like Raji works out, we're still wasting Dorsey.

It's just an incredibly myopic trade.

Short Leash Hootie
03-02-2009, 07:26 AM
I know. It's just one of the many reasons why I didn't like the Cassel trade, or the move to a 3-4. It's all related.

I feel like we're getting an inferior QB who is ready now, but not only did that cost us our second rounder, it destroyed our value for our first as well, and even if a guy like Raji works out, we're still wasting Dorsey.

you're smarter than pioli

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 07:33 AM
you're smarter than pioli

If I play Tiger Woods in match play, there's a decent chance that I could win one hole every now and then.

If I play HORSE against Jordan, there is a chance that I could get a letter on him.

It doesn't mean I'm better than either of them at their chosen professions.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 07:51 AM
This whole idea that Pioli is can't be questioned is starting to get out of hand, every move he makes is not going to turn to gold.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 09:40 AM
This whole idea that Pioli is can't be questioned is starting to get out of hand, every move he makes is not going to turn to gold.

This entire fanbase would bend over backwards to give him a dutch rudder. It's ridiculous.

DrRyan
03-02-2009, 09:46 AM
If I play Tiger Woods in match play, there's a decent chance that I could win one hole every now and then.

If I play HORSE against Jordan, there is a chance that I could get a letter on him.

Nope, not possible you would ever win a single hole in match play against Tiger. Maybe, if you pull some Harlem Globetrotter half court hook shot shit and get lucky, you may be able to hang an H on Jordan. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Nope, not possible you would ever win a single hole in match play against Tiger. Maybe, if you pull some Harlem Globetrotter half court hook shot shit and get lucky, you may be able to hang an H on Jordan. :)

If you're telling me that I couldn't birdie a hole, you've never watched me play golf. Hell, pros miss over half their putts from 6-12 feet.

And the last time I checked, Jordan didn't shoot 100% from three point range.

DrRyan
03-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Whatever you say Hamas. I am sure in a casual round, you may be able to scratch out a bird, but if it counted, you would have no chance. It is called pressure, Tiger thrives on it, and I would say it is a pretty safe bet you would not. I have not seen many PGA players thrive under the pressure of playing Tiger, but you may be the one who can.

I get the point you are trying to make though. You don't like the Cassel trade, we sold the future and now we are ****ed in your opinion. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but how about waiting until Cassel has had a season or two in KC and Sanchez and Stafford have been in the league a couple seasons before saying we just made such a bad trade. It is possible that in a couple years when comparing the three, Cassel will be the best option. That is possible right?

eazyb81
03-02-2009, 10:18 AM
"Worth" is relative. There is a finite amount of players to choose from. So, in a sense that Raji would fill a need in arguably the most important position to make a 3-4 scheme function properly, then yeah, I do think he's worth it.

Ideally, we would be drafting him at around 10-15 instead of 3, but the situation is what it is. I think Raji compares very well to Vince Wilfork or Casey Hampton, and yes, they were drafted in the mid-1st, but you can't make perfect comparisons because this draft is weak in blue chip talent and our specific team situation is different.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Whatever you say Hamas. I am sure in a casual round, you may be able to scratch out a bird, but if it counted, you would have no chance. It is called pressure, Tiger thrives on it, and I would say it is a pretty safe bet you would not. I have not seen many PGA players thrive under the pressure of playing Tiger, but you may be the one who can.

I get the point you are trying to make though. You don't like the Cassel trade, we sold the future and now we are ****ed in your opinion. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but how about waiting until Cassel has had a season or two in KC and Sanchez and Stafford have been in the league a couple seasons before saying we just made such a bad trade. It is possible that in a couple years when comparing the three, Cassel will be the best option. That is possible right?

Yeah, it's possible. It also seems to be considered impossible to think that he was a system quarterback and that Pioli wasn't the only guy responsible for the Patriots three titles, the drafting of Tom Brady, and the parting of the Red Sea.

BigChiefFan
03-02-2009, 10:23 AM
For us, yes, he's worth the 3rd overall pick.

oldandslow
03-02-2009, 10:25 AM

I like you politically, but you are just wrong on this entire deal...

Cassel + Vrabel + 3rd pick is > Sanchez + 34th pick. Much greater.

Sanchez is not Jesus, Mohammed, Joe Montana, and Johnny Unitas. Hell, he has competed in 15 college games against defenses other than SEC.

That you cannot see that says more about your myopia than Scott Pioli's.

MTG#10
03-02-2009, 10:29 AM
I just realized Raji is the same height as Dorsey. :hmmm:

eazyb81
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
I just realized Raji is the same height as Dorsey. :hmmm:

and like 40 pounds heavier.

MTG#10
03-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes, but wasnt one of the reasons Dorsey couldnt play in the 3-4 was because he was too short and would get gobbled up by blockers?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I like you politically, but you are just wrong on this entire deal...

Cassel + Vrabel + 3rd pick is > Sanchez + 34th pick. Much greater.

Sanchez is not Jesus, Mohammed, Joe Montana, and Johnny Unitas. Hell, he has competed in 15 college games against defenses other than SEC.

That you cannot see that says more about your myopia than Scott Pioli's.

SEC?

Vrabel was a salary dump. He's washed up.

Again Quality > Quantity. If you don't think that Mark Sanchez (or Matt Stafford) have significantly greater upside than Matt Cassel, I don't know what tools you use to evaluate quarterbacks, quite frankly.

It's the safe move. Again, this franchise gets to duck the growing pains of developing a potential franchise QB, moving on to a guy who, although OK, is by no means a world beater.

If you think that you can win a Super Bowl with Matt Cassel as your quarterback, well then there is no need for us to have any further discussion because I could not disagree more vehemently.

MTG#10
03-02-2009, 10:36 AM
If you think that you can win a Super Bowl with Matt Cassel as your quarterback, well then there is no need for us to have any further discussion because I could not disagree more vehemently.

Trent Dilfer won a SB...just sayin'...

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Trent Dilfer won a SB...just sayin'...

Are you hoping to be the exception to the rule, or the rule?

Even if you have dominant, all-time D's, you can't consistently compete for Super Bowls without a franchise quarterback. Look at the Bears of the 80's, Eagles of the late 80's-90's, and Ravens of 00's.

Phenomenal defenses. Two one-and-dones, and one never was. Those teams should have done much more with what they had.

eazyb81
03-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Yes, but wasnt one of the reasons Dorsey couldnt play in the 3-4 was because he was too short and would get gobbled up by blockers?

Height isn't necessary for an NT, but most 3-4 DEs are tall, such as Seymour, Olshansky, Canty, Warren, etc. All those guys are around 6'5".

MTG#10
03-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Are you hoping to be the exception to the rule, or the rule?

Im hoping Cassell turns out to be a great QB. He's only started one season, and got better and better as the season progressed. You're acting like he has no upside whatsoever.

JASONSAUTO
03-02-2009, 10:47 AM

ROFL i would highly doubt both of these:D

JASONSAUTO
03-02-2009, 10:48 AM
If you're telling me that I couldn't birdie a hole, you've never watched me play golf. Hell, pros miss over half their putts from 6-12 feet.

And the last time I checked, Jordan didn't shoot 100% from three point range.

ROFL do you?

oldandslow
03-02-2009, 10:51 AM
SEC?

Vrabel was a salary dump. He's washed up.

Again Quality > Quantity. If you don't think that Mark Sanchez (or Matt Stafford) have significantly greater upside than Matt Cassel, I don't know what tools you use to evaluate quarterbacks, quite frankly.

It's the safe move. Again, this franchise gets to duck the growing pains of developing a potential franchise QB, moving on to a guy who, although OK, is by no means a world beater.

Matt Stafford is not going to be there. That is a red herring.

To the real question - What tools do you want me to use to compare Sanchez and Cassel? QB rating? Experience? Winning? Watching?

I have done all of that and I would argue that:

Cassel will win a playoff game before Sanchez.

Whether either gets to the SB depends on a bazillion other variables.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 10:55 AM
ROFL do you?

God, you're ignorant.

I make one 30 footer, he misses. It doesn't mean I'm better than him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Matt Stafford is not going to be there. That is a red herring.

To the real question - What tools do you want me to use to compare Sanchez and Cassel? QB rating? Experience? Winning? Watching?

I have done all of that and I would argue that:

Cassel will win a playoff game before Sanchez.

Whether either gets to the SB depends on a bazillion other variables.

I love that it's an absolute that Stafford won't be there at three. We are talking about Detroit. They just went 0-16 and hired from within.

That aside, Sanchez has a better arm, elite intangibles, phenomenal footwork, he's four years younger, he operates very well under center (Cassel was far more effective from Shotgun), and he didn't have to have the best offense in the NFL in order to have slightly above average production.

MTG#10
03-02-2009, 11:04 AM
and he didn't have to have the best offense in the NFL in order to have slightly above average production.

This means absolutely nothing.

NFL defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pac 10 defense

keg in kc
03-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I know. It's just one of the many reasons why I didn't like the Cassel trade, or the move to a 3-4. It's all related.Cassel aside for a moment, this reminds me a lot of people upset in 2001 that we were scrapping the west coast offense and going to the Coryell. I mean, we had all these players, and they'd had some degree of success, so why were we changing to a completely different offensive system that nobody on the roster fit? That's how it is right now changing from the 4-3 to the 3-4.

There are some differences, obviously, Dorsey being one of them - there was no equivalent offensive player to him in 2001 - but all-in-all I can't really get upset that we're switching to a 3-4. Because I've been watching the 4-3 fail here for a decade. Maybe another direction is exactly what they need. And really, what are they losing?

As for Cassel, I didn't want to bring him here, but I understand why they did. And he's about as close to a QBotF as you could possibly get via a trade which makes it slightly easier to stomach. If he was 35 I'd probably be in full meltdown mode, but he's a longer-term kind of move than that. Assuming he doesn't fall flat on his ass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Cassel aside for a moment, this reminds me a lot of people upset in 2001 that we were scrapping the west coast offense and going to the Coryell. I mean, we had all these players, and they'd had some degree of success, so why were we changing to a completely different offensive system that nobody on the roster fit? That's how it is right now changing from the 4-3 to the 3-4.

There are some differences, obviously, Dorsey being one of them - there was no equivalent offensive player to him in 2001 - but all-in-all I can't really get upset that we're switching to a 3-4. Because I've been watching the 4-3 fail here for a decade. Maybe another direction is exactly what they need. And really, what are they losing?

As for Cassel, I didn't want to bring him here, but I understand why they did. And he's about as close to a QBotF as you could possibly get via a trade.

Dorsey, definitely. It's arguable that you could also be losing both Flowers and Carr unless you run a 3-4 Cover 3 shell like Pittsburgh does.

Start from a 0 point. What do we have to fit a 3-4 of value? Nothing.
What do we have to fit a 4-3 of value? A guy who most people believe has Warren Sapp potential.

Does the 3-4 give you a natural advantage over the 4-3 in the NFL?

No. Stats bear this out.

Why then, make the switch?

I said it in another thread. I'm not putting Chris Paul in the Triangle, or making Tim Lincecum a pitch to contact guy. Why waste Dorsey?

If you want a less proven player analogy, how would you feel if the Royals brought up Mike Moustakas, moved him to second base, and told him to be nothing but a slap hitter to the opposite field?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 11:12 AM
This means absolutely nothing.

NFL defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pac 10 defense

You could have put 15 quarterbacks in that offense last year and gotten similar, or better returns.

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2009, 11:13 AM

Its bc they have a raging hard on for the 3-4 and they think its the only way to go.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Its bc they have a raging hard on for the 3-4 and they think its the only way to go.

You mean like they have a raging hardon for bringing in QB's they are familiar with so they can have fast turnarounds to win 9 games?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 11:17 AM
You mean like they have a raging hardon for bringing in QB's they are familiar with so they can have fast turnarounds to win 9 games?

http://images9.cafepress.com/product/135749149v1_350x350_Front.jpg

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2009, 11:18 AM
All hail Pioli, never question him at all.

Molitoth
Only top 10 pick QB's win Super Bowls, didn't you know?

Mecca
Personally I find it to be a sadder state that we have fans on the forum that actually think it's funny and mock us "haha we got Cassell what about Stafford and Sanchez now bitches!"

It must be nice to wish shitty things to the team to spite other posters.

keg in kc

I said it in another thread. I'm not putting Chris Paul in the Triangle, or making Tim Lincecum a pitch to contact guy. Why waste Dorsey?

If you want a less proven player analogy, how would you feel if the Royals brought up Mike Moustakas, moved him to second base, and told him to be nothing but a slap hitter to the opposite field?All I'm saying is why not. There's not a whole lot of positives to point to for why they'd even want to hang onto a 4-3. 3 or 4 players, maybe.

And we don't know that Dorsey will be wasted. I'm sure getting as much production of him as possible will be a major focus, because he's on the books for an awful lot of money the next few years.

Flowers is I think a bigger question. He's definitely a cover-2 corner, so it's going to be interesting to see how they incorporate him.

Anyway, these guys are paid a lot of money to figure this stuff out, and I kind of want to see what they do before I start citing passages from the book of revelations. It may not be as bad as you think. Or it may. Kind of hard to tell right now.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 11:19 AM
All hail Pioli, never question him at all.

That whole thing really gets on my nerves...if this doesn't work I'm going to say a bunch of really nasty shit about him. Because he's already done 2 things I think aren't exactly smart.

buddha
03-02-2009, 11:21 AM

40 pounds FATTER.

I see Fridge Perry when I watch Raji. Is that worth the third pick in the draft? Hell no. Dude could easily eat his way out of the league in a couple of years...has been known to happen, and he's half way there already.

Hamas gets to be the guy who pisses on everything up front and then feels he has the "see, I told you so" privileges down the road. :rolleyes: The sky isn't falling and we gave up a 2nd round pick. Where is the risk in this scenario?

Molitoth
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
That whole thing really gets on my nerves...if this doesn't work I'm going to say a bunch of really nasty shit about him. Because he's already done 2 things I think aren't exactly smart.

Send him Mecca's guide to winning a Super Bowl... I'm sure that will put him in check.

keg in kc
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
As for Raji, he's about as boom and bust as you can get in this draft I think. He could be a great NT. And he could be out of the league in 2 or 3 years. Who the hell knows.

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2009, 11:23 AM

Judging by the history of everybody connected to Parcells if Belichek isnt involved, we are screwed.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 11:26 AM

You are and idiot. You would NEVER get that chance because you are NOT good enough to even be in the same room as either one without paying a fee. No idea of yours should EVER be considered by ANY pro. Not just against you, but you are an amatuer at best, so get off your high horse and come back down to earth with the rest of us. You sound like Dumb and Dumber, "So what your saying is there's a chance!"
"There is a chance I could INT a Peyton Manning pass" ROFL
No, there really isn't even that one chance!

Molitoth
03-02-2009, 11:26 AM
As for Raji, he's about as boom and bust as you can get in this draft I think. He could be a great NT. And he could be out of the league in 2 or 3 years. Who the hell knows.

Everyone is either boom or bust in any draft.

Any Draft pick you take has a 50/50 chance at succeeding.

Thats why IMO it is best to take a Proven player over a non proven player.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Send him Mecca's guide to winning a Super Bowl... I'm sure that will put him in check.

Great the first one is, you don't trade for a 27 year old backup when you have the 3rd pick.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 11:30 AM

Thats why IMO it is best to take a Proven player over a non proven player.

Deep stuff right there.

The only point you could possibly make with that argument is that the Cassell trade was a good one. Is that the point you were going for?

keg in kc
03-02-2009, 11:31 AM

Thats why IMO it is best to take a Proven player over a non proven player.There's going to be around 250 guys drafted in a couple months, and they don't all have a 50/50 shot at success. Higher picks have characteristics that give them a higher chance of success, and it's a pretty complicated matter of balancing risk versus reward to rank them incorporating college performance, character, physical attributes, strengths and weaknesses, et cetera.

Molitoth
03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
A player is either successful or not.

50/50

Molitoth
03-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Deep stuff right there.

The only point you could possibly make with that argument is that the Cassell trade was a good one. Is that the point you were going for?

IMO it was a great trade, but I'm not here to try and convice the naysayers. It may work out to be a BAD trade... but we will not find out until next year.

keg in kc
03-02-2009, 11:36 AM
A player is either successful or not.

50/50Those are the possible results, not the percentage chance each result has of happening.

Molitoth
03-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Those are the possible results, not the percentage chance each result has of happening.

I see your point, and agree.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 11:42 AM
You are and idiot. You would NEVER get that chance because you are NOT good enough to even be in the same room as either one without paying a fee. No idea of yours should EVER be considered by ANY pro. Not just against you, but you are an amatuer at best, so get off your high horse and come back down to earth with the rest of us. You sound like Dumb and Dumber, "So what your saying is there's a chance!"
"There is a chance I could INT a Peyton Manning pass" ROFL
No, there really isn't even that one chance!

I can't believe that you are so fucking stupid that you can't understand the nuance of the situation that I'm talking about.

JFC. Look at the Pebble Beach Pro Am. Every year there are celebs who will do better than a given pro for a hole (even w/o handicap adjustment). Does it mean they are better golfers than them? Hell no. But they did perform better on that hole.

There would be times if I were bowling against PDW that I'd get a strike and he wouldn't. It doesn't make me a better bowler than him.

There are times on Jeopardy where you may know an answer that Ken Jennings doesn't. It doesn't make you smarter than him.

What it means is that no one is infallible and that no one's judgment should be beyond reproach.

This jackbooted hail-Pioli shit is fucking ridiculous. FFS, look at the Patriots 2006 and 2007 drafts, the Warfield signing, the Colvin signing, the Beisel signing, among many, many others.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 11:43 AM
hamas you should see the awesome argument going on in the Cassell Detroit thread.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I can't believe that you are so ****ing stupid that you can't understand the nuance of the situation that I'm talking about.

JFC. Look at the Pebble Beach Pro Am. Every year there are celebs who will do better than a given pro for a hole (even w/o handicap adjustment). Does it mean they are better golfers than them? Hell no. But they did perform better on that hole.

There would be times if I were bowling against PDW that I'd get a strike and he wouldn't. It doesn't make me a better bowler than him.

There are times on Jeopardy where you may know an answer that Ken Jennings doesn't. It doesn't make you smarter than him.

What it means is that no one is infallible and that no one's judgment should be beyond reproach.

This jackbooted hail-Pioli shit is ****ing ridiculous. FFS, look at the Patriots 2006 and 2007 drafts, the Warfield signing, the Colvin signing, the Beisel signing, among many, many others.

You are the one that said there is a chance you could hang with Tiger fucking Woods at golf, or Michael fucking Jordan at Horse!
So, maybe the Chiefs should hire you, or you start a golfing or Basketball career. I bet there is a chance you just stick to posting stupid claims on the computer.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 12:02 PM
You are the one that said there is a chance you could hang with Tiger fucking Woods at golf, or Michael fucking Jordan at Horse!
So, maybe the Chiefs should hire you, or you start a golfing or Basketball career. I bet there is a chance you just stick to posting stupid claims on the computer.

I don't think you read what he said properly.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 12:03 PM

One hole.

One letter.

Cauterize your fucking snatch shut, for the love of the earth's population.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 12:18 PM
One hole.

One letter.

Cauterize your ****ing snatch shut, for the love of the earth's population.

Says the guy with the littlest dick

Mecca
03-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Did you get his point yet?

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 12:26 PM
One hole.

One letter.

Doesn't matter if it was your butt hole, you could not hang one hole or one swing with Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan.

I get your point that not everyone is perfect, just funny to hear you think they could do anything at a pro level. You can't even post at chiefsplanet on a pro level! To think you can evaluate talent or make better moves than one of the better GM's in the NFL is really kind of sad.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 12:27 PM
He was using an analogy....

No one is going to be right 100% of the time so who's to say Pioli is right and we're wrong about this?

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 12:28 PM

No one is going to be right 100% of the time so who's to say Pioli is right and we're wrong about this?

History. Reality.

suds79
03-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Okay can we please direct this away from if Hamas could win a hole on Tiger or get an H on MJ?

Nobody cares.

Is BJ Raji worth the #3 overall pick? IMO no. You don't want to reach.

Now we all know we need a NT but there's other options.

- We could try to trade down an get him (Raji).

- We could try to target his teammate Ron Brace in round 2. 6'3 330.

- We could try to deal for Shawn Rogers.

- There's other DTs prospects later in the draft. Just need a big fatty who's nasty.
examples: Chris Baker - 6'2 326, Terrance Knighton 6'3 321

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Did you get his point yet?

His point that he has a chance to make a better call than a GM is backed by everyone has a chance, and he even has a chance to beat pros?
Oh, I get it, I just think it is totally insane, silly, crazy, dumb and stupid!

BigChiefFan
03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Okay can we please direct this away from if Hamas could win a hole on Tiger or get an H on MJ?

Nobody cares.

Is BJ Raji worth the #3 overall pick? IMO no. You don't want to reach.

Now we all know we need a NT but there's other options.

- We could try to trade down an get him (Raji).

- We could try to target his teammate Ron Brace in round 2. 6'3 330.

- We could try to deal for Shawn Rogers.

- There's other DTs prospects later in the draft. Just need a big fatty who's nasty.
examples: Chris Baker - 6'2 326, Terrance Knighton 6'3 321There's only ONE NT in this draft who is explosive. You either want the best or you don't. Raji is one of the best NT prospects to come along in years. We would be foolish to pass on him, especially considering how important the position is to the 3-4.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 12:39 PM

Pioli resume...Your resume. Do you see the difference? That should be enough. if not, reread it slower. Would it help if I typed it slower for you?

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 12:39 PM
There's only ONE NT in this draft who is explosive. You either want the best or you don't. Raji is one of the best NT prospects to come along in years. We would be foolish to pass on him, especially considering how important the position is to the 3-4.

Gosh, hope you didn't pull something with that incredible stretch.

He is rated as the best prospect at NT in this draft, but the "ONE NT in this draft who is explosive"? The "best NT prospects to come along in years"?

Hyperbole.

CoMoChief
03-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Personally I find it to be a sadder state that we have fans on the forum that actually think it's funny and mock us "haha we got Cassell what about Stafford and Sanchez now bitches!"

It must be nice to wish shitty things to the team to spite other posters.

ROFL JFC

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Pioli resume...Your resume. Do you see the difference? That should be enough. if not, reread it slower. Would it help if I typed it slower for you?

An appeal to authority or argument by authority is a type of argument (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_argument)logic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic). It bases the truth value of an assertion on the authority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authority), knowledge, expertise, or position of the source asserting it. It is also known as in argument from authority, argumentum ad verecundiam (Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_language): argument to respect) or ipse dixit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipsedixitism) (Latin: he himself said it). <sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority#cite_note-0)</sup>
It is one method of obtaining propositional knowledge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propositional_knowledge), but a fallacy in regard to syllogistic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syllogistic) logic, because the validity of a syllogism is independent of the qualities of the source putting it forward. The converse case is an ad hominem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem) attack: to imply that a claim is false because the asserter lacks authority or is otherwise objectionable in some way.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Really I sat here and went round and round with pretty much this entire forum a couple years ago about Antonio Cromartie and Tamba Hali...the Chiefs picked Hali everyone was happy..

Who was right who was wrong?

BigChiefFan
03-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Gosh, hope you didn't pull something with that incredible stretch.

He is rated as the best prospect at NT in this draft, but the "ONE NT in this draft who is explosive"? The "best NT prospects to come along in years"?

Hyperbole.
Oh yea, besides Ngata, please show me all the top NTs to come along projected as top 10 players, please...

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 12:48 PM
An appeal to authority or argument by authority is a type of argument (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_argument)logic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic). It bases the truth value of an assertion on the authority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authority), knowledge, expertise, or position of the source asserting it. It is also known as in argument from authority, argumentum ad verecundiam (Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_language): argument to respect) or ipse dixit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipsedixitism) (Latin: he himself said it). <sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority#cite_note-0)</sup>
It is one method of obtaining propositional knowledge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propositional_knowledge), but a fallacy in regard to syllogistic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syllogistic) logic, because the validity of a syllogism is independent of the qualities of the source putting it forward. The converse case is an ad hominem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem) attack: to imply that a claim is false because the asserter lacks authority or is otherwise objectionable in some way.

It's cute you can find definitions on wikipedia.com & all, but the fact remains you often pretend to be an authoritative source on all things draft related.

Are you claiming to be an authoritative source? Are you merely unfairly judged? Could it be you invite ad hominem attacks when you condescend, or tell people to go f*ck themselves when they dare to disagree with your position?

Yeah, the rest of the world is the asshole, not you. :thumb:

Mecca
03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
If you can point out more than a handful if really good NT's it will be stunning it is an extremely difficult position to find.

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Oh yea, besides Ngata, please show me all the top NTs to come along projected as top 10 players, please...

Considering the fact that few teams run the 3-4, dedicated NTs are not in as high demand by the league. DTs who project to play either litter the first round, including top-10, throughout draft history.

It takes a big, powerful, heavy DT. That's about it. They may be in a 2-gap scheme, or a 1-gap scheme. Either way, they have to be big & strong, hold the line, and close the gap they are assigned to close.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Considering the fact that few teams run the 3-4, dedicated NTs are not in as high demand by the league. DTs who project to play either litter the first round, including top-10, throughout draft history.

It takes a big, powerful, heavy DT. That's about it. They may be in a 2-gap scheme, or a 1-gap scheme. Either way, they have to be big & strong, hold the line, and close the gap they are assigned to close.

Half the league is a few?

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 12:54 PM
If you can point out more than a handful if really good NT's it will be stunning it is an extremely difficult position to find.

It's also not something clearly defined. You would have to look at the teams who run a 3-4, then find the DTs they have taken. "NT" isn't a position tracked by most draft sites.... rather, DT.

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Half the league is a few?

Half the league?

NE, Pittsburgh, Cleve, San Diego, Dallas, NYJ = "half the league"?

The Cards run a 5-2 + combo.

The Bears have run a combo.

SF runs a combo.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Half the league?

NE, Pittsburgh, Cleve, San Diego, Dallas, NYJ = "half the league"?

The Cards run a 5-2 + combo.

The Bears have run a combo.

SF runs a combo.

Look...in case you aren't aware of this..it's about half the league..

3 of the 4 teams in the AFC East and West are going to be 3-4...GB is switching Baltimore is 3-4 and so forth it's about half the league but I don't feel the urge to make the list.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 01:02 PM
An appeal to authority or argument by authority is a type of argument (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_argument)logic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic). It bases the truth value of an assertion on the authority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authority), knowledge, expertise, or position of the source asserting it. It is also known as in argument from authority, argumentum ad verecundiam (Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_language): argument to respect) or ipse dixit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipsedixitism) (Latin: he himself said it). <SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-0>[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority#cite_note-0)</SUP>

I think you lost all sense of reason by saying you might have a better play against Tiger or M J. You can disagree about a trade or the draft or anything else, but you really do have zero chance against Tiger or MJ, or Megan Fox for that matter.

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Look...in case you aren't aware of this..it's about half the league..

3 of the 4 teams in the AFC East and West are going to be 3-4...GB is switching Baltimore is 3-4 and so forth it's about half the league but I don't feel the urge to make the list.

Baltimore is NOT a 3-4 defense. They run a base 4-3 and play 3-4 as a combo defense; not unlike Miami.

What's that make (inl KC & GB), 10 teams? Probably the most we've seen in a couple of decades, but still not "half the league".

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Baltimore is NOT a 3-4 defense. They run a base 4-3 and play 3-4 as a combo defense; not unlike Miami.

What's that make (inl KC & GB), 10 teams? Probably the most we've seen in a couple of decades, but still not "half the league".

Correction - after a bit of research it looks like Rex Ryan considered the 3-4 his base, with 4-3 as the combo, not the other way around as I previously stated. A news report this years states as much (wrt new DC continuing Ryan's scheme)

Basileus777
03-02-2009, 01:12 PM
No, he isn't. The real question is if he is our best option at #3. And that he might very well be.

I love that it's an absolute that Stafford won't be there at three. We are talking about Detroit. They just went 0-16 and hired from within.

The trade for Cassel had to be done now. If you are Scott Pioli you don't base your decisions on the unlikely chance that Detroit fucks up and passes on Stafford. The assumption had to be that Stafford was gone and that's almost certainly going to be what happens.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 01:20 PM
There's only ONE NT in this draft who is explosive. You either want the best or you don't. Raji is one of the best NT prospects to come along in years. We would be foolish to pass on him, especially considering how important the position is to the 3-4.

Dude you are WAY off on this one. A lot of the projections having Raji very high cite his quickness and penetration, which would be neutralized at NT. Ron Brace will be available in the second and is around the same quality for this position. I'm not saying Raji isn't good, but he's no guarantee.

CoMoChief
03-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Really I sat here and went round and round with pretty much this entire forum a couple years ago about Antonio Cromartie and Tamba Hali...the Chiefs picked Hali everyone was happy..

Who was right who was wrong?

Didn't SD pick before us so why would that matter anyway?

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 01:22 PM

Yep. The pick right before Hali as a matter of fact.

Basileus777
03-02-2009, 01:23 PM

It doesn't matter. Besides, it's not as if Cromartie has developed into a great corner, he's an erratic and more often than not, poor cover corner. But hey, he had a bunch of picks 2 years ago!

sparkky
03-02-2009, 01:24 PM
I've wondered too if a "wide body fatty" might be the way to go if we're going to switch.
And I agree the NT doesn't require a brain surgeon type IQ. Something along the lines of a trainable pissed off gorilla may be better.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Lets draft that monkey that ripped that ladies face off.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I think you lost all sense of reason by saying you might have a better play against Tiger or M J. You can disagree about a trade or the draft or anything else, but you really do have zero chance against Tiger or MJ, or Megan Fox for that matter.

If MJ shoots 60% and hamas shoots 40%, each round of horse Hamas has a 16% chance to give MJ a letter. And there is a 48% chance they reshoot for the letter. 36% chance Hamas gets a letter.

The average game would last between 13 and 14 rounds and MJ would average HO per game.

Suck on that.

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Lets draft that monkey that ripped that ladies face off.

lol

Probably not a good idea since they shot it then cut it's head off & shipped the body & head to different labs.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 01:26 PM
God damn it how could they do that a face ripping monkey has a money making career.

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 01:27 PM
God damn it how could they do that a face ripping monkey has a money making career.

Dude, I am seriously LOL right now... the thought of a pissed-off chimp in a Chiefs uni..... hahahaha

Mecca
03-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I bet he could occupy some blockers....he'd then rip Jay Cutler face off but you wouldn't really notice since his facial expression never changes.

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I bet he could occupy some blockers....he'd then rip Jay Cutler face off but you wouldn't really notice since his facial expression never changes.

Occupy? Shit, they'd piss themselves & run, screaming like bitches. It would be monumentally hilarious.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Well the monkey would also shit and throw it at them.

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Well the monkey would also shit and throw it at them.

Major segue: have you played TLAD? One of your missions is to kidnap Roman. He shits himself.... then apologizes for it. Some of the funniest in-game dialogue I've ever heard. I replayed the mission several times just to enjoy his simpering... it was hilarious.

/hijack

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 01:41 PM
If MJ shoots 60% and hamas shoots 40%,

If monkeys fly out Hamas' ass when he talks, and we caught one, there is a chance we could totally teach it to play football and rip the raiders and donks faces off!

orange
03-02-2009, 01:51 PM
If MJ shoots 60% and hamas shoots 40%, each round of horse Hamas has a 16% chance to give MJ a letter. And there is a 48% chance they reshoot for the letter. 36% chance Hamas gets a letter.

The average game would last between 13 and 14 rounds and MJ would average HO per game.

Suck on that.

Not quite. 'Hamas' would have to shoot first and make it. If he doesn't shoot first, or as soon as he misses a shot, he has no further chance because MJ just starts his dunkathon and it's game over.

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Not quite. 'Hamas' would have to shoot first and make it. If he doesn't shoot first, or as soon as he misses a shot, he has no further chance because MJ just starts his dunkathon and it's game over.

You don't think Hamas can dunk from the free throw line? :D

orange
03-02-2009, 01:56 PM
You don't think Hamas can dunk from the free throw line? :D

He definitely has a better chance with the match-play vs. Tiger.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 01:57 PM
OK worst case scenario: Hamas is shooting 20% and MJ is shooting 80%. Hamas has a 4% chance every round. Average game goes 8 rounds and Hamas still has a 28% chance to give him a letter.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 01:58 PM
He definitely has a better chance with the match-play vs. Tiger.

Ya MJ kinda has the trump on that one I guess. Hamas mentioned shooting from the 3, but MJ would just run with it. And ya, it's not like the best golfer gets a birdie every hole.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 01:58 PM

Suck on that.

The chances are ZERO. 0% chance. No way, if there was he would play golf, basketball or GM whatever. He is just full of himself.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 02:00 PM
He's not talking himself up, except with the birdie comment. He's just playing the odds.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Ya MJ kinda has the trump on that one I guess. Hamas mentioned shooting from the 3, but MJ would just run with it. And ya, it's not like the best golfer gets a birdie every hole.

Wow. A guy on here that can hang with the best player in the history of all of golf. That is really impressive. He must be very good. Most PGA players can't but I am sure Hamas can because he has been to cool crest 378 times and is very very good. He is such an athlete he can also score on not just any NBA player, but the greatest NBA player of all time. Oh wow, where do I stand in line to buy these pricey tickets to watch this? By the way, also have a bridge I would like to sell you. What the fuck are you smoking? Don't hide it, divide it!

HC_Chief
03-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow. A guy on here that can hang with the best player in the history of all of golf. That is really impressive. He must be very good. Most PGA players can't but I am sure Hamas can because he has been to cool crest 378 times and is very very good. He is such an athlete he can also score on not just any NBA player, but the greatest NBA player of all time. Oh wow, where do I stand in line to buy these pricey tickets to watch this? By the way, also have a bridge I would like to sell you. What the **** are you smoking? Don't hide it, divide it!

lol Cool Crest? Is that place still in business? That's an OLD SCHOOL KC putt-putt reference :thumb:

bdeg
03-02-2009, 02:13 PM
DUDE, he's not saying he can compete. He's saying he has a chance to steal a hole.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
and "score on" MJ... He is talking about HORSE, not a 1 on 1

Like I said, he's not claiming to be a comparable athlete(except the golf, evidently). He's playing the odds.

I'm done defending Hamas here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 02:17 PM

A chimp would be unblockable. They have the strength of several men, long arms, and great foot speed and agility.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 02:19 PM

I wasn't trying to toot my own horn. I'm between an 8-12 handicap (definitely a 12 after the winter). I average about 1 birdie every 9 holes. Hell, even a 25 handicap could skull a 4 iron into a par 3 and have it roll up to 18 inches.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm done defending Hamas here.

Well then FUCK YOU!!

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 02:27 PM
DUDE, he's not saying he can compete. He's saying he has a chance to steal a hole.

I know what he said, I just find it as redonkulous as the name Hamas! Because reality is he has zero chance to steal a hole from the greatest golfer or steal a shot from the greatest basketball player. The same chance he (or any of us for that matter) has at running a pro football franchise, or making better moves than one of the best GM's in football.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 03:04 PM
I know what he said, I just find it as redonkulous as the name Hamas! Because reality is he has zero chance to steal a hole from the greatest golfer or steal a shot from the greatest basketball player. The same chance he (or any of us for that matter) has at running a pro football franchise, or making better moves than one of the best GM's in football.

Do you understand math? Statistics and probability? If you understand these at a basic level, you must just have poor logic if you read what Hamas and I wrote and don't get it.

ncCHIEFfan
03-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Unbelievable! You guys are still waisting your life talking about......Nothing!

bdeg
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM

So are you. Thats what people do here isn't it?

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Do you understand math? Statistics and probability? If you understand these at a basic level, you must just have poor logic if you read what Hamas and I wrote and don't think Hamas has any chance.

I guess you don't know about the dumb ass factor? You see you don't need math to figure out simple reality. It doesn't matter what % you have, you have to calculate and add the dumbass factor. You see, said dumbass would never be able to "steal a letter from MJ in a game of Horse" or beat Tiger Woods at a fucking game of checkers DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 03:50 PM

Its like a never ending episode of Seinfeld

unothadeal
03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Are we switching to the 3-4 full time? Can't Dorsey play when we're in 4-3 and Raji if we're in 3-4

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Are we switching to the 3-4 full time? Can't Dorsey play when we're in 4-3 and Raji if we're in 3-4

this

ncCHIEFfan
03-02-2009, 04:03 PM
So are you. Thats what people do here isn't it?

No, this can be a great tool used to keep up with my Chiefs. That my friend is not waisting time

ncCHIEFfan
03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Seinfeld?...Thats not good dude

Pestilence
03-02-2009, 04:18 PM

this

So we're paying $100 million dollars for situational players. Yeah...that's great. :spock:

unothadeal
03-02-2009, 04:26 PM
So we're paying $100 million dollars for situational players. Yeah...that's great. :spock:

Using Raji was a bad choice. But just in general couldn't the same thing be done with Dorsey and a late round pick?

L.A. Chieffan
03-02-2009, 04:45 PM
The chances are ZERO. 0% chance. No way, if there was he would play golf, basketball or GM whatever. He is just full of himself.

why couldnt he get a letter against mj?

bdeg
03-02-2009, 05:01 PM
lol don't bother

it's like talking to a broken record player

aturnis
03-02-2009, 05:34 PM
There is no way in hell you would EVER beat Tiger Woods, even on one hole out of 100. I don't care if you think you are pretty good. There are other professionals who I'm sure took quite awhile to accomplish this feat.

As for basketball. A little more likely, but probably not. The only way this happens is if you get first shot...you sink some sort of amazingly lucky shot, and there just really isn't any hope of him replicating the shot. If you miss your first shot, you won't get another chance to lead.

You're silly for saying there's a chance. There's really not, unless you consider 1/1,000,000 a shot. Aside from that...the rest of your arguments are weak. Dorsey "might" be wasted. He's not of prototypical size...but neither are lots of successful players. If he's wasted for us, trade him and move on. I'm excited to be switching to an aggressive defense.

eazyb81
03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
So.....getting back on track here, what people need to keep in mind when thinking about Raji is that it's not exactly fair to compare him to other top NTs that were drafted in the mid-1st round range.

The 3-4 has become much more popular in recent years, and by my count roughly 1/3 of the teams now will run the scheme this coming year. Thus, while 3-4 teams used to have the luxury of waiting on fat NTs and DE/LB tweeners the other teams didn't want, now they have to jump on them quicker.

In Raji's case, he is going to be in huge demand this year because him and Ron Brace are really the only true NT prospects, and Raji is considered by all to be the superior player to Brace. Also, most of the teams switching to 3-4 this year desperately need an NT, so even if we pass on him he will go off the board quickly.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 06:02 PM

He couldn't get a letter against MJ. He couldn't get a letter even against Shaq. He is lucky to get a letter from count dracula

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 06:04 PM
There is no way in hell you would EVER beat Tiger Woods, even on one hole out of 100. I don't care if you think you are pretty good. There are other professionals who I'm sure took quite awhile to accomplish this feat.

As for basketball. A little more likely, but probably not. The only way this happens is if you get first shot...you sink some sort of amazingly lucky shot, and there just really isn't any hope of him replicating the shot. If you miss your first shot, you won't get another chance to lead.

You're silly for saying there's a chance. There's really not, unless you consider 1/1,000,000 a shot.

This.

The Bad Guy
03-02-2009, 06:05 PM

What else is getting out of hand is the idea that we are in a terrible situation with the 3rd pick because we can't take Stafford or Sanchez.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 06:06 PM

Larry Bird? NO IT IS HAMAS FOR FUCK SAKE!!! Get a clue. The ONLY thing he could win is a little dick contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bad Guy
03-02-2009, 06:06 PM

You're silly for saying there's a chance. There's really not, unless you consider 1/1,000,000 a shot. Aside from that...the rest of your arguments are weak. Dorsey "might" be wasted. He's not of prototypical size...but neither are lots of successful players. If he's wasted for us, trade him and move on. I'm excited to be switching to an aggressive defense.

Hamas is cocky enough that I actually think he really believes he could get a letter on Jordan or beat Tiger in one hole of golf.

The Bad Guy
03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
The opposite fanboys are starting to get more out of control than the real ones.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
and MJ is the greatest player of all time. So, no he couldn't even get a freaking shot!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 06:12 PM
and MJ is the greatest player of all time. So, no he couldn't even get a freaking shot!

I'd imagine that explaining the workings of traffic lights to you must be more difficult than teaching super string theory to a squid.

orange
03-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I'd imagine that explaining the workings of traffic lights to you must be more difficult than teaching super string theory to a squid.

Squids have an advantage understanding string theory, given their experience with tentacles.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Stop being stupid. I'm so sick of this.

Golf is not played against a player. It's played against a course. If Hamas averages a birdie every nine holes that won't change if he's playing against Tiger. He's not saying he would beat him straight up, he's saying if he played a whole round of golf he has a chance of beating tiger on one hole out of many. If Tiger gets a birdie every 3 holes, statistically, chances are Hamas would win one hole.

If you can't understand that you need to go read a math book or something. Any book.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-02-2009, 06:16 PM
If you can't understand that you need to kill yourself with a maul to the face

FYP

bdeg
03-02-2009, 06:20 PM
haha thanks that sounds about right. I held back earlier, even edited a post to tame it down, but now she called me a dumbass. I just wish I could remember what I had typed earlier it was really mean.

BigChiefFan
03-02-2009, 06:34 PM
So.....getting back on track here, what people need to keep in mind when thinking about Raji is that it's not exactly fair to compare him to other top NTs that were drafted in the mid-1st round range.

The 3-4 has become much more popular in recent years, and by my count roughly 1/3 of the teams now will run the scheme this coming year. Thus, while 3-4 teams used to have the luxury of waiting on fat NTs and DE/LB tweeners the other teams didn't want, now they have to jump on them quicker.

In Raji's case, he is going to be in huge demand this year because him and Ron Brace are really the only true NT prospects, and Raji is considered by all to be the superior player to Brace. Also, most of the teams switching to 3-4 this year desperately need an NT, so even if we pass on him he will go off the board quickly.
Yes. I believe he's the pick.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 06:38 PM
When I watch Raji I see a lot of Glenn Dorsey. I can't help but think he might be able to add enough weight to be just as good at NT as Raji. If the Chiefs believe Dorsey has that potential they might be looking somewhere else.

aturnis
03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Stop being stupid. I'm so sick of this.

Golf is not played against a player. It's played against a course. If Hamas averages a birdie every nine holes that won't change if he's playing against Tiger. He's not saying he would beat him straight up, he's saying if he played a whole round of golf he has a chance of beating tiger on one hole out of many. If Tiger gets a birdie every 3 holes, statistically, chances are Hamas would win one hole.

If you can't understand that you need to go read a math book or something. Any book.

Hamas MIGHT average a birdie every nine holes...but definitely not on the courses that Tiger plays. You need to understand, the course Tiger plays against is like the Steelers defense, while the course Hamas plays on, is like the Chiefs defense...get it?

AustinChief
03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Hamas MIGHT average a birdie every nine holes...but definitely not on the courses that Tiger plays. You need to understand, the course Tiger plays against is like the Steelers defense, while the course Hamas plays on, is like the Chiefs defense...get it?

This is SO VERY TRUE. People who are casual golfers don't understand that playing Fairview(St Joe in the house!) is not the same as playing The Colonial. Hell, playing the Colonial isn't the same as playing the Colonial when it is setup for pro play.

The tee and pin placements are generally changed around to make it as difficult as possible.

SO, if you average a birdie every three holes on what you imagine is a tough course... you would be DAMN lucky to get 1 birdie out of 18 on a professional course with a difficult alignment.

AustinChief
03-02-2009, 09:24 PM
This is SO VERY TRUE. People who are casual golfers don't understand that playing Fairview(St Joe in the house!) is not the same as playing The Colonial. Hell, playing the Colonial isn't the same as playing the Colonial when it is setup for pro play.

The tee and pin placements are generally changed around to make it as difficult as possible.

SO, if you average a birdie every three holes on what you imagine is a tough course... you would be DAMN lucky to get 1 birdie out of 18 on a professional course with a difficult alignment.

THAT said.. I get what Hamas is saying... no GM is always right and not every rabid fan is wrong when they disagree with the GM... sometimes the fan gets lucky and GUESSES right... but to call it more than an educated guess is folly... we simply don't have access to near enough data to make more than a decent stab at it

bdeg
03-02-2009, 09:24 PM
It's still not 0 chance

Plus we're not even taking into account the chance Tiger gets a bogie. It'd be a lot easier for Hamas to get par. anyway sorry to continue with that

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
It's still not 0 chance

Plus we're not even taking into account the chance Tiger gets a bogie. It'd be a lot easier for Hamas to get par. anyway sorry to continue with that

Thats ok, just made yourself look like a complete jackass idiot. Other than that, apology accepted! :thumb:

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 10:40 PM

This. He probably thinks there is a chance of Hamas becoming president of the US.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 10:41 PM
THAT said.. I get what Hamas is saying... no GM is always right and not every rabid fan is wrong when they disagree with the GM... sometimes the fan gets lucky and GUESSES right... but to call it more than an educated guess is folly... we simply don't have access to near enough data to make more than a decent stab at it

Thank you. Finally, someone with a freaking brain!!!

bdeg
03-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Thats ok, just made yourself look like a complete jackass idiot. Other than that, apology accepted! :thumb:
good one

Obviously I wasn't apologizing to you. You're still wrong.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 10:49 PM
It's still not 0 chance

I would take the odds of Hamas beating Tiger or MJ, OVER the odds of either of you little dick dipshits getting laid without paying, but who knows.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Well you've never met me, so I don't really care. And I'm not going to defend myself to that BS. Read a book, come up with an ARGUMENT other than no he couldn't he sucks!!! then come talk.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Well you've never met me, so I don't really care. And I'm not going to defend myself to that BS. Read a book, come up with an ARGUMENT other than no he couldn't he sucks!!! then come talk.

I would be willing to bet your life that no one from chiefsplanet that sits on a computer all day would ever be able to beat the greatest althlete of that particular sport, it is retarded to think otherwise.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 11:01 PM
It's not about beating them. It's about getting having a chance to get one point out of many, which you refuse to believe is possible since MJ sinks every shot and Tiger birdies every hole.

I'd like to get this thread back on topic and will no longer respond to posts from you.

When I watch Raji I see a lot of Glenn Dorsey. I can't help but think he might be able to add enough weight to be just as good at NT as Raji. If the Chiefs believe Dorsey has that potential they might be looking somewhere else.
Thoughts?

88TG88
03-02-2009, 11:02 PM
This thread makes baby Jesus cry.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 11:02 PM
You know what, I played soccer in HS, I bet I could outscore David Beckham! Yeah, that's the ticket! Pull your head out!

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 11:03 PM
so what your saying is there is a chance?

Pestilence
03-02-2009, 11:11 PM
so what your saying is there is a chance?

That you're a douche? Yep...there is a good chance of that.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 11:17 PM

Great! Another pencildick with a scumbag raider for his hero.

aturnis
03-02-2009, 11:21 PM
It's still not 0 chance

Hamas could NOT get par on a tournament course. Period.

aturnis
03-02-2009, 11:24 PM

His avatar has nothing to do with who he cheers for. It's his statement that no pick, is a safe pick. Our(Iowa) boy Gallery was toast of the town, can't miss, marquee talent. Couldn't cut it on the left side...then couldn't cut it on the right side, and is probably barely cutting it on the inside left.

aturnis
03-02-2009, 11:24 PM

Can girls be doucher's? I've never called one that.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 11:25 PM

Thats what I'm trying to tell him. He also thinks he can compete with MJ.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 11:27 PM
There is a chance Hamas could have more sacks than BJ Raji.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 11:28 PM

But he could get par on one hole if he played a whole course. There's a chance Tiger could bogy the same hole, giving Hamas the win on that hole. Ergo, there is a chance he could win a hole. What don't you get?

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 11:28 PM
chiefs pick is Curry and it is good

Pestilence
03-02-2009, 11:32 PM

You aren't able to comprehend simple thoughts.....are you?

Pestilence
03-02-2009, 11:33 PM
I love how everyone talks shit about how Hamas couldn't get a par on a tournament course.....when you know nothing about the guy. For all you know....he could play professional golf. Just like no one knows anything about anyone here.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Can girls be doucher's? I've never called one that.

orlando has shown us there is an exception to every rule.

How this person learned to use a computer I have no idea.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 11:39 PM
But he could get par on one hole if he played a whole course. There's a chance Tiger could bogy the same hole, giving Hamas the win. Ergo, there is a chance he could win a hole. What don't you get?

I "don't get" the arrogance that someone from this board thinks they could beat the greatest golfer in the history of the game on any hole period! Or that he could score on MJ. That is what I don't "get". Reminds me of some guys I use to know that liked to fight a lot saying "if i got a clean shot I could beat Tyson" Just a really dumb and cocky thing to say.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 11:41 PM
I love how everyone talks shit about how Hamas couldn't get a par on a tournament course.....when you know nothing about the guy. For all you know....he could play professional golf. Just like no one knows anything about anyone here.

Pros don't spend all day on message boards bragging about what an athlete they are

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Noone's talking to you. go away

Why did you change that girl that was in your avitar?

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:25 AM
I "don't get" the arrogance that someone from this board thinks they could beat the greatest golfer in the history of the game on any hole period! Or that he could score on MJ. That is what I don't "get". Reminds me of some guys I use to know that liked to fight a lot saying "if i got a clean shot I could beat Tyson" Just a really dumb and cocky thing to say.

You apparently hang out with idiots.

Mecca
03-03-2009, 02:28 AM
I enjoy how an analogy of odds turned into "no you couldn't you suck"

I'm telling you the reading comprehension and understanding on this board is really low for some posters.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:45 AM
I enjoy how an analogy of odds turned into "no you couldn't you suck"

I'm telling you the reading comprehension and understanding on this board is really low for some posters.

I blame Carl.

He drew a "classier" type of fan.

:D

Kyle DeLexus
03-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Wow....simply stunning. It's crazy how there is one person and one person only arguing with everyone. No one said anything about winning, thats irrelevent. It's about getting a point. KU played Florida Gulf Coast earlier in the basketball season, while Kansas had far better players at every position the score ended up being 85-45.

What that means is KU couldn't stop FGC from scoring every time and they sure didn't get a bucket everytime they had the ball. Now, It's almost a lock KU wins this game everytime they play but maybe Fla Gulf Coast wins a quarter or outscores KU for a half.

Try thinking about it in terms that doesn't involve Tiger and MJ and maybe you'll get what he's saying Orlando.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2009, 05:20 AM
This thread is hilarious.

Chiefs=Good
03-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Damn... this is the funniest thread eva ROFL... ITS SIMPLE MATHS PEOPLE! HE COULD DO IT damn...

OnTheWarpath58
03-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Reading comprehension is apparently something to be feared, because there's a few folks that are making Terri Schiavo look like Marilyn Vos Savant.

Direckshun
03-03-2009, 09:46 AM
So.... if I pick BJ Raji for the Chiefs, who here complains?

unothadeal
03-03-2009, 11:53 AM
So.... if I pick BJ Raji for the Chiefs, who here complains?

Hamas already took Sanchez :D

veist
03-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Well if thats how you feel orlando, I have this great betting system that you just HAVE to hear about.... :rolleyes: I mean its totally impossible for you to flip a coin and it come up heads 30 times in a row, right?

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2009, 11:08 PM
you guys have to remember one thing about hamas when reading his stuff...he took Vernon Gholston first overall in last years mock draft...

That's right...

Vernon Gholston, to Miami, over Matt Ryan...over Jake Long...over Chris Long...Vernon Gholston.

So for as smart as he says he is, just remember he landed the biggest physical freak yet quite possibly the biggest bust in last year's draft.

He's enamored with age and workouts, not actual football talent.

Kyle DeLexus
03-03-2009, 11:13 PM
you guys have to remember one thing about hamas when reading his stuff...he took Vernon Gholston first overall in last years mock draft...

That's right...

Vernon Gholston, to Miami, over Matt Ryan...over Jake Long...over Chris Long...Vernon Gholston.

So for as smart as he says he is, just remember he landed the biggest physical freak yet quite possibly the biggest bust in last year's draft.

While I don't think Gholston would be worth #1 overall last year, it's too early to call him a bust.

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2009, 11:43 PM
While I don't think Gholston would be worth #1 overall last year, it's too early to call him a bust.

True.

I wouldn't say it's looking good, though. I have a feeling that dude is uncoachable.

Direckshun
03-04-2009, 01:01 AM
The Jets really have zero program available to coach up young players.

Nevertheless, Hootie, your point stands.

Hamas, defend thyself!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2009, 06:30 AM
True.

I wouldn't say it's looking good, though. I have a feeling that dude is uncoachable.

Which is why he sought out Lawrence Taylor to help him with his pass rushing moves during the season? Is that why Rex Ryan says he didnt' see anyone in the facility more often than Gholston?

These are now hallmarks of someone who isn't coachable? A guy who seeks out help of the greatest rush backer in history who isn't even a part of the team, and a guy who is there as much as anyone else?

Ok.
-------------

You need to get over this stalker obsession you've developed. You're coming off like a jilted bitch--following me everywhere, trying to make a scene. Well, I'm sorry, but you will be ignored, Dan. So go boil a rabbit somewhere else, you crazy fuck.

Short Leash Hootie
03-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Seems like I'm getting to the arrogant prick again...he knows he's full of shit.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Which is why he sought out Lawrence Taylor to help him with his pass rushing moves during the season? Is that why Rex Ryan says he didnt' see anyone in the facility more often than Gholston?

How did that work out for the great pass rusher again? From the looks of his first season are you sure he wasn't just buying crack from the great LT?

milkman
03-04-2009, 08:35 AM
His point that he has a chance to make a better call than a GM is backed by everyone has a chance, and he even has a chance to beat pros?
Oh, I get it, I just think it is totally insane, silly, crazy, dumb and stupid!

JFC, you are a prime example of why men used to believe that women belonged only in the kitchen and the bedroom.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-04-2009, 08:52 AM
JFC, you are a prime example of why men used to believe that women belonged only in the kitchen and the bedroom.

Is that right Milkman? And you are a prime example that people used to live in caves. You are way more of a little bitch than most women so shut your mouth. If I wanted any shit from you I would have knocked you in your little pin head.

milkman
03-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Is that right Milkman? And you are a prime example that people used to live in caves. You are way more of a little bitch than most women so shut your mouth. If I wanted any shit from you I would have knocked you in your little pin head.

I have to admit that I think Hamas' odds of winning a hole against Tiger is, no doubt, smaller than the percentage you have to give your pimp every night.

OnTheWarpath58
03-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I have to admit that I think Hamas' odds of winning a hole against Tiger is, no doubt, smaller than the percentage you have to give your pimp every night.

LMAO

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Really? I wouldn't think his odds of beating anybody but your meat would be near as small as your dick!

milkman
03-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Really? I wouldn't think his odds of beating anybody but your meat would be near as small as your dick!

I guess when your hole is stretched to it's limit, every dick is small.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-04-2009, 09:07 AM

Milkman? More like Jughead!

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I guess when your hole is stretched to it's limit, every dick is small.

Is that what Hamas told you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Milkman? More like Jughead!

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii25/yanksup6/dumbass.jpg

milkman
03-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Is that what Hamas told you?

I don't know Hamas outside of this forum, but my money says he doesn't spend his money on a skanky ho off the street.

So he didn't meet you.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-04-2009, 09:29 AM
I don't know Hamas outside of this forum, but my money says he doesn't spend his money on a skanky ho off the street.

So he didn't meet you.

Says the milkman who can't get laid without paying a skanky ho off the street.

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-04-2009, 09:35 AM
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens2376717module13463257photo_1231977937poor-kids.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mveHL3n_4ME/SW1ICWX5RZI/AAAAAAAABSM/weXfVkIwZdE/s320/rageboy.jpg

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-04-2009, 09:35 AM
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens2376717module13463245photo_1231977603hamas-summer-camp.jpg

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-04-2009, 09:36 AM
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens2376717module13476772photo_1232056281Hamas-murderer-of-children.jpg

Orlandochiefsgrl
03-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Listen to your Army Group North Commander. Fall in line.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2009, 11:50 AM
What is it with me causing people in this forum to have meltdowns lately?

LMAO

milkman
03-04-2009, 12:09 PM
What is it with me causing people in this forum to have meltdowns lately?

LMAO

It must be that you're a messy drafterbator.

the Talking Can
03-04-2009, 12:14 PM
how many dupes does hootie have?

DaneMcCloud
03-04-2009, 12:19 PM
There's no way 'Orlandochiefsgrl' is a female.

ForeverChiefs58
03-04-2009, 02:52 PM
BJ Raji may not be worth #3 and Curry might not be either, but since they won't be there the next time we pick, getting the top rated player at a position that is in desparate need is a very good thing and can only help the glaring hole. I would be happy with anyone that will help that sorry defense whatever the position.

Direckshun
03-04-2009, 05:42 PM
getting the top rated player at a position that is in desparate need is a very good thing and can only help the glaring hole

huh huh

huh huh huh

Reaper16
03-05-2009, 12:45 AM

That's right...

You should probably not make a judgment on a pass rusher after only one season.

Signed,
Mario Williams

Blick
03-05-2009, 04:58 AM
You should probably not make a judgment on a pass rusher after only one season.

Signed,
Mario Williams

Good point. I feel the same way about Gholston.

Coogs
03-05-2009, 09:34 AM
but since they won't be there the next time we pick

Ah, yes! I remember CP using that method a few times to explain some real head scratcher picks at the time. Kawika Mitchell comes to mind right off.

Cave Johnson
03-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Good point. I feel the same way about Gholston.

Gholston's a bum..... the exception to the rule.

Blick
03-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Gholston's a bum..... the exception to the rule.

It's too early to tell.

Halfcan
03-06-2009, 08:55 PM

:deevee:

We got a badass QB and an outstanding LB for a 2nd rounder-how could we have done better???

How did that destroy our value????

BigChiefFan
03-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I'll take a QB sacking NT over an 3-4 ILBer anyday of the week. Raji is the pick, if we are serious about upgrading the D-line and transitioning to a 3-4. We aren't giving up on Dorsey by getting him some help.

RustShack
03-10-2009, 12:57 PM
BJ Raji may not be worth #3 and Curry might not be either, but since they won't be there the next time we pick, getting the top rated player at a position that is in desparate need is a very good thing and can only help the glaring hole. I would be happy with anyone that will help that sorry defense whatever the position.

:doh!:

DeezNutz
03-10-2009, 01:05 PM
:deevee:

We got a badass QB and an outstanding LB for a 2nd rounder-how could we have done better???

How did that destroy our value????

If the QB isn't a badass and the LB was outstanding 71 seasons ago.

And if the draft were more saturated with elite talent outside of the QB's and LT's.

Pablo
03-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I voted other.

Maclin, Coffman, Hood, Daniels or Moore will do just fine at #3.

milkman
03-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I voted other.

Maclin, Coffman, Hood, Daniels or Moore will do just fine at #3.

Are you fucking high?

htismaqe
03-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Are you fucking high?

I'm sure he's being facetious.

milkman
03-11-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm sure he's being facetious.

Around here, you can never be certain.

CoMoChief
03-11-2009, 08:50 PM
It's too early to tell.

Love the avatar haha

Blick
03-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Love the avatar haha

Thank you kind sir. I like yours as well.

SBK
03-14-2009, 01:00 AM
This thread has nothing about Raji. LMAO

So is he worth the pick or not? Seems to me if he's cut out for NT he'd be a better pick than a coverage LB??

I do hate that moving to the 4-3 wastes the Dorsey pick.

DeezNutz
03-14-2009, 01:04 AM
This thread has nothing about Raji. LMAO

So is he worth the pick or not? Seems to me if he's cut out for NT he'd be a better pick than a coverage LB??

I do hate that moving to the 4-3 wastes the Dorsey pick.

Possibly.

Next question.

Until then, back to the good stuff.

Halfcan
03-14-2009, 01:16 AM
he is short and fat and looks like a bust-PASS

buddha
03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Raji could be Curly Culp...or he could be Ryan Simms. Nobody knows yet. Obviously, if we knew he was destined to be another Culp, you take him in a heartbeat and you grin yourself to sleep that night.

I'm just not that convinced about Raji. He moves very well for a guy his size, but he's another fat guy who carries alot of that weight as fat in his ass and lower body.

I'd go with Curry. He may not have as high a ceiling as Raji, but his floor is much higher.