5) Jarett Dillard, WR, Rice

Cincinnati picks:
1) Everette Brown, DE, Florida State
2) Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina
3) Antonie Caldwell, C, Alabama
3) Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa
4) Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida
5) Vance Walker, DT, Georgia Tech

I love what you've done for the Bengals. A draft like that would definitely improve their team in the long-term. Nice draft for the Bengals, man.

bdeg
04-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Agreed, very good CC, althought I'm a bit uninformed on some of the players. Sf, I like some picks but it's a bit hit or miss for me.

Sfeihc
04-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I agree about the bengals. nice work. A point that you addressed with your picks that most people miss is that the 'Nati was good when their O-line was good. Plus Brown's pass rush will help their good young secondary. Green will fit in nicely in their backfield and Ingram could be the pass catching threat that Carson has never had at TE.

bdeg
04-05-2009, 11:47 PM
At first I was really down on the Loadholt pick, I just don't think he's a 2nd rounder. But I'll admit he's a good fit for the vikings. Hope they realize they need to maintain an emphasis on mobile QB's if that's the case.

Sfeihc
04-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Agreed, very good CC, althought I'm a bit uninformed on some of the players. Sf, I like some picks but it's a bit hit or miss for me.

I feel the same way. The Browns holes are many and with only four picks so far it's tough to patch them all. With the Vikes fixing two holes on their O-line (C and RT) should make their rushing game unstoppable if Sage can throw the ball to the right team and not make 6 turnovers in the last 2 minutes. After that it was a tough call between Magee and M. Freeman OLB OSU in the third for the Vikes. I think Freeman would be and upgrade over Ben Leber at OLB but Magee might be a 3-technique terror at the next level. Burnett gives them some depth at corner with a guy who can also be a factor on special teams.

BigChiefFan
04-06-2009, 12:00 AM
So far, these are how my drafts look...

Redskins picks:
1st round-Michael Oher, OT
3rd round-Brandon Gibson, WR
5th round-Louis Vasquez, Guard

Panthers picks:
2nd round-Fili Moala, DT
3rd round-Phillip Hunt, OLBer
4th round-Tyronne Green, Guard
5th round-Johnny Knox, WR

Steelers picks:
1st Round-Eben Britton, OT (selected By Marco Polo)
2nd Round-Chris Baker, NT (selected By Marco Polo)
3rd round-Rashad Jennings, HB (this is where I took over for Marco Polo)
4th Round-Jason Phillips, ILBer
5th Round-?????

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Chiefs:

1. Mark Sanchez
3. Cody Brown
4. Gerald Cadogan
5. Cornelius Lewis

Bucs:

1. Beanie Wells
3. Coye Francies
4. Rhett Bomar
5. Jonathan Casillas

Patriots:

4. Jasper Brinkley
5. Mike Goodson

Lions:

5. David Bruton

bdeg
04-06-2009, 12:09 AM
I like a lot of those, Cody Brown's a good fit, good value. A bit uninformed on some, and you definitely got a little unlucky having so few picks in the early rounds.

BigChiefFan
04-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Here you go fellas, BTW, nice pick on Knox. The Mangenius wanted him early in the sixth.

Browns
Rd 1 A. Curry, LB, W. Forrest
Rd 2 C. Barwin DE/OLB/TE, UC
Rd 2 B. Robiskie, WR, OSU (before Stallworth killed a guy)
Rd 4 K. Sheets, RB, Purdue

Vikings

Rd 1 A. Mack, C, Cal
Rd 2 P. Loadholt, T, OU
Rd 3 A. Magee, DT, Purdue
Rd 5 J. Burnett, CB/KR, UCF

Your draft for the Browns is pretty solid. It adds some players with huge upside and positions of a big need for them without jumping the gun too much. I think Barwin maybe was picked a tad too early, but you make up for it, by grabbing Sheets in the 4th round, IMO.

The Vikings, while it will seem unspectacular to some, should give them long-term help along their o-line and fill in some gaps with their first two picks. Magee should give them some depth, which, I think you could have saved for later rounds, but Burnett, could provide them with an upgrade in their return game, so I find that great value in the 5th.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Thanks guys on the Bengals. Them and Cowboys are nice mix for me. Cowboys are basically close to being a Super Bowl team so what I am trying to do for them is to build depth and replace some of the aging guys in a year or two with some prospects who could become great but are raw. Bengals I am trying to build that core around Palmer.

BigChiefFan
04-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Chiefs:

1. Mark Sanchez
3. Cody Brown
4. Gerald Cadogan
5. Cornelius Lewis

Bucs:

1. Beanie Wells
3. Coye Francies
4. Rhett Bomar
5. Jonathan Casillas

Patriots:

4. Jasper Brinkley
5. Mike Goodson

Lions:

5. David Bruton I like your draft for the Chiefs. I think Cadogan has a chance to be something special.

Dicky McElephant
04-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Eagles

1st round - Knowshown Moreno, RB, Georgia
1st round - Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
2nd round - Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
3rd round - Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois
4th round - Aaron Kelly, WR, Clemson
5th round - A.Q. Shipley, OC/OG, Penn State
5th round - Darcel McBath, FS, Texas Tech
5th round - Brandon Hughes, CB, Oregon State

Broncos

1st round - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
2nd round - Ron Brace, NT, Boston College
3rd round - Nate Davis, QB, Ball State
4th round - Brandon Willaims, DE/OLB, Texas Tech
5th round - Jason McCourty, CB, Rutgers
5th round - Worrell Williams, ILB, Cal

BigChiefFan
04-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Eagles

Broncos

1st round - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
2nd round - Ron Brace, NT, Boston College
3rd round - Nate Davis, QB, Ball State
4th round - Brandon Willaims, DE/OLB, Texas Tech
5th round - Jason McCourty, CB, Rutgers
5th round - Worrell Williams, ILB, Cal

You got alot of help for the Eagles. Good job. There's alot of "name" players that you get well into the 2nd day.

Dicky McElephant
04-06-2009, 10:49 AM
You got alot of help for the Eagles. Good job. There's alot of "name" players that you get well into the 2nd day.

I'm kind of regretting the Pettigrew pick for the Eagles and I'm definitely regretting the Nate Davis pick for the Broncos. At that time his pro day hadn't happened and Cuter hadn't been traded yet.

EDIT: If I had it all to do over again....I would have taken Ebon Britton with the 28th pick and Ramses Barden with the 85th pick.

Spicy McHaggis
04-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Eagles

I'm a fan of your Eagles picks. Moreno really seems like a spiritual successor to Westbrook and while I'm not a big Ayers fan, he isn't a bad pick in the 2nd. Even though you kind of want to change the pick, Fulton has the tools to develop into a starting LT given a few years. McBath could really suprise some people.

I'm a much bigger fan of my Dolphins draft than my Raiders picks to be honest. Maybe some underlying hatred blinded me.

Miami

1) Larry English DE/OLB
2) Duke Robinson OG
2) Louis Delmas S
3) Ramses Barden WR
4) Scott McKillop ILB
5) Glen Coffee RB

Dicky McElephant
04-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm a fan of your Eagles picks. Moreno really seems like a spiritual successor to Westbrook and while I'm not a big Ayers fan, he isn't a bad pick in the 2nd. Even though you kind of want to change the pick, Fulton has the tools to develop into a starting LT given a few years. McBath could really suprise some people.

I'm a much bigger fan of my Dolphins draft than my Raiders picks to be honest. Maybe some underlying hatred blinded me.

Miami

1) Larry English DE/OLB
2) Duke Robinson OG
2) Louis Delmas S
3) Ramses Barden WR
4) Scott McKillop ILB
5) Glen Coffee RB

Yeah you actually kept stealing the players I wanted with that draft. I wanted Delmas and McKillop for the Broncos and Barden for the Eagles.

BigChiefFan
04-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm kind of regretting the Pettigrew pick for the Eagles and I'm definitely regretting the Nate Davis pick for the Broncos. At that time his pro day hadn't happened and Cuter hadn't been traded yet.

EDIT: If I had it all to do over again....I would have taken Ebon Britton with the 28th pick and Ramses Barden with the 85th pick.
You probably could have gotten better value than a TE, but don't self yourself short, Pettigrew has the skillset to become upper-echelon at the position.

Direckshun
04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
P23...

You've got to do an alternate of what you'd do now with the Bears picks.

Keep in mind, you don't have one of your fifths anymore.

Dicky McElephant
04-06-2009, 03:03 PM
P23...

I'll get right on that. Give me a minute.

So I get an extra 3rd....but I lose one of my 5ths. I'll give them my earliest 5ths just because.

Woodrow Call
04-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Jags
1) Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
2) Max Unger G/C, Oregon
3) Troy Kropog, OT, Tulane
4) Andre Brown, RB, North Carolina St
5) Mike Wallace, WR, Ole Miss

Jets
1) Darrius Heyward-Bey WR, Maryland
2) Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State
3) Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
4) Michael Hamlin, S, Clemson
4) Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon St

Can't say I'm pleased with my Jags draft.

Dicky McElephant
04-06-2009, 03:25 PM
#12 - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU - I would've liked for Rey-Rey to fall one more spot but since he didn't....I'll anchor the 3-4 for the next 8-10 years. I consider it a little bit of a reach for #12 but who else would I take here? Malcom Jenkins could be a thought because of the age and depth of the Bronco's CBs.

#18 - Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois - Yeah I know that Aaron Maybin is sitting there at #18 and he's ready to be picked but I don't see him as the player that some do. With Davis...the Broncos have their starter opposite of Champ Bailey.

#48 - Lawrence Sidbury, OLB, Richmond - Sidbury will team up with Dumerville to give the Broncos a nice passrush in the 3-4.

#79 - Ramses Barden, WR, Cal-Poly - Brandon Marshall is either suspended or injured and Eddie Royal can't carry the team by himself. Orton/Simms are going to need another tall possession receiver to throw too. Marshall and Royal will allow Barden to ease into the starting offense.

#84 - Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman - The Broncos need a NT for their 3-4....enough said.

#110 - David Bruton, FS, Notre Dame - The Broncos are old at safety and Bruton will be able to sit for a year and learn behind of the best....Brian Dawkins.

#141 - Worrell Williams, ILB, California - They need to get younger at ILB. Andra Davis won't be here forever.

OnTheWarpath58
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
P23...

Where are your grades?

I popped in today thinking you may have done them by now.

You can start with mine: :D

Detroit:

1 LIONS (OnTheWarpath58) - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
20 LIONS (OnTheWarpath58) - Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
33 LIONS (OnTheWarpath58) - William Beatty, OT, Connecticut
65 LIONS (OnTheWarpath58) - Evander Hood, DT, Missouri
82 LIONS (OnTheWarpath58) - Derrick Williams, WR, Penn State

Patriots:

23 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State
34 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
47 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon
58 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon
89 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin
97 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - James Casey, TE, Rice

eazyb81
04-06-2009, 04:36 PM
The Arizona Cardinals select Ian Campbell, OLB, Kansas State

I really like Campbell as a sleeper 3-4 OLB in this draft. He's not the fastest guy, but he has the size you look for and he actually has experience in a DE/OLB hybrid role, unlike most guys who require projection.

At best, Campbell can eventually fight for a starting spot in Arizona's new 3-4 scheme in a Vrabel-like role. At worst, he will provide 3-4 OLB depth on a team that simply lacks bodies that can play that position without embarrassing themselves.

BigChiefFan
04-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Jags
1) Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
2) Max Unger G/C, Oregon
3) Troy Kropog, OT, Tulane
4) Andre Brown, RB, North Carolina St
5) Mike Wallace, WR, Ole Miss

Jets
1) Darrius Heyward-Bey WR, Maryland
2) Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State
3) Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
4) Michael Hamlin, S, Clemson
4) Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon St

Can't say I'm pleased with my Jags draft.

Really? I actually like that draft better than the Jets draft.

Direckshun
04-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Where are your grades?

I popped in today thinking you may have done them by now.

You can start with mine: :D

Detroit:

1 LIONS (OnTheWarpath58) - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
20 LIONS (OnTheWarpath58) - Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
33 LIONS (OnTheWarpath58) - William Beatty, OT, Connecticut
65 LIONS (OnTheWarpath58) - Evander Hood, DT, Missouri
82 LIONS (OnTheWarpath58) - Derrick Williams, WR, Penn State

Patriots:

23 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State
34 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
47 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon
58 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon
89 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin
97 PATRIOTS (OnTheWarpath58) - James Casey, TE, Rice

Well your Patriots draft so far is an A+++. Good picks, but you totally benefitted from the Pats accumulating six picks in the first 100.

Your Lions draft started out really good, I loved the first three. Disagree bigtime with your last two. I think Hood is overrated, and I don't think he fits in the 3-4. D. Will, as I said before, is a bust waiting to happen.

First three picks are good enough that I'd give it at least a B+.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Your Lions draft started out really good, I loved the first three. Disagree bigtime with your last two. I think Hood is overrated, and I don't think he fits in the 3-4. D. Will, as I said before, is a bust waiting to happen.

I dont think Detroit is running a 3-4.

Direckshun
04-06-2009, 07:21 PM

Well, I don't think they've been running ANY defense the last five years.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Well, I don't think they've been running ANY defense the last five years.

True but Schwartz and Gun are 4-3 guys.

Sfeihc
04-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Guys we won't finish the draft at this rate.

BigChiefFan
04-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm waiting on Eazy.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm waiting on Eazy.

He picked Ian Campbell, you are up.

BigChiefFan
04-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Steelers select Austin Collie, WR, BYU

Steelers also select Joel Bell, OT, Furman

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-06-2009, 09:51 PM
This guy is a perfect fit for the Pats. He has great raw ability, but is coming off of an injury. Belichick has said that he doesn't have 12 spots open on his roster, but this is the kind of guy that they can draft and then put on IR, thus saving him a roster spot, allowing him to develop, and milking one year out of Joey Galloway. Once that is done, this guy can take over as a lethal return man and a legit slot or #2 option down the road.

The New England Patriots select Brandon Tate, WR, North Carolina

Sfeihc
04-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Remember to pm the next gm and check this thread like it has the puck and we'll finish.

OnTheWarpath58
04-06-2009, 10:19 PM

I didn't think so either...

OnTheWarpath58
04-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Well your Patriots draft so far is an A+++. Good picks, but you totally benefitted from the Pats accumulating six picks in the first 100.

Having a lot of picks doesn't mean you make the most of them.

But since I'm not Carl Peterson, I WIN THE DRAFT!

DaKCMan AP
04-06-2009, 10:23 PM
The San Francisco 49ers select Christopher Owens, CB, San Jose State.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Here is a guy I had rated alot higher than this but I didn't figure he would be around. I think he will be a stud special teamer player but could develop nicely behind DeMarcus Ware.

Dallas Cowboys select Henry Melton, DE/OLB, Texas

Zouk
04-06-2009, 10:39 PM
The Titans select Corvey Irvin, DT, Georgia.

An athletic juco transfer who has not yet played his best football. He can compete to become a rotational contributor for the Titans.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Hamas you are up for double picks.

Sfeihc
04-06-2009, 10:48 PM
The San Francisco 49ers select Christopher Owens, CB, San Jose State.

Is this payback for the gator boy crack? Good pick, Man.:cuss:

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-06-2009, 10:51 PM
There continues to be good value at defense in the later rounds of this draft.

The Lions continue the rebuilding of their secondary. This guy has a lot of talent, and although he may be a slightly better fit for a zone scheme, he's definitely a legit #2 Corner talent, and would be a great C2 guy.

The Detroit Lions select DeAngelo Smith, CB, Cincinnati.

The Chiefs have largely addressed the problems on their offensive line through this draft. The next player has a fair amount of upside and I believe can contribute at any one of three positions on the front of a 3-4 if he works out, which is a ?, no doubt. However, I think that he's worth the risk.

The Kansas City Chiefs select Terrance Knighton, DT/DE, Temple.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-06-2009, 11:01 PM
The Rams are going to add some meat to the defense. This guy is a classic tweener, and frankly the Rams could use him in either role.

The Rams select Orion Martin - DE - Virginia Tech

The guy started off as a walk on, and finished as a 2 time all conference selection. He's got heart.

Sfeihc
04-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I'd like to personally thank Gator Boy, BCF, Hamas and Floppy for blowing up my draft board. The Mangenius needs a minute or two hours you bastages!

After much debate the Mangenius is filing a complaint with the League claiming you scallywags videotaped his draft board.

With their final pick in the 2009 Chiefs Planet Mock Draft the Cleveland Browns select Sammie Stroughter, WR, OSU. Kid had some tough times but is smart and a player. Since the Browns need a lot of help at WR he and Robiskie will get plenty of action.

eazyb81
04-07-2009, 08:48 AM
I feel I have a bit of a steal here, at least from Seattle's perspective. This kid had a down senior year, but his stats were hurt due to a lack of playing time and a change in offensive philosophy.

Seattle is one of the few teams left that still runs a west coast-oriented offense, and we saw what this kid can do in this type of scheme in his All-Big 12 junior year where he ran for 1000+ yards and caught 75 passes. As the #2 RB in the country coming out of HS, we know the talent is there, he just needs to be in the right system to realize it.

The Seattle Seahawks select Marlon Lucky, RB, Nebraska

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Adding some depth for the Bengals in the secondary with a steal of a pick here in the 6th.

Cincinnati Bengals select Captain Munnerlyn, CB, South Carolina

Woodrow Call
04-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Should have my pick in around noon.

Sfeihc
04-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Since the Browns are done picking......

Rd 1 A. Curry, LB, WF
Rd 2 C. Barwin, DE/OLB/TE, UC
Rd 2 B. Robiskie, WR, OSU
Rd 4 K. Sheets, RB, Purdue
Rd 6 S. Stroughter, WR, The Beavers

Woodrow Call
04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
The Jacksonville Jaguars select Courtney Greene, SS/FS, Rutgers

Coogs
04-07-2009, 11:41 AM
It's time for the Pats to replace Kevin Faulk with someone young, faster, and who is able to hit the homerun either on 3rd down, or in the return game.

The New England Patriots select Mike Goodson, RB, Texas A&M.

http://www.gbnreport.com/draftorder.html

This draft is pretty hard to keep up with due to the different numbers being placed by the compensation picks, and I'm not sure it really matters anyway, but I think this pick actually belongs to the Eagles.

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/draftorder.html

This draft is pretty hard to keep up with due to the different numbers being placed by the compensation picks, and I'm not sure it really matters anyway, but I think this pick actually belongs to the Eagles.

If the trade between NE and Philly involving this selection, a 7th round pick and Greg Lewis occurred after the start of our mock then it would not be reflected in the order.

Coogs
04-07-2009, 12:31 PM
If the trade between NE and Philly involving this selection, a 7th round pick and Greg Lewis occurred after the start of our mock then it would not be reflected in the order.

:thumb: Got it!

Spicy McHaggis
04-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Oakland Raiders select Andy Kemp, OG, Wisconsin

Mecca
04-07-2009, 02:35 PM
I've got the message again..the mock can't be updated anymore.

OnTheWarpath58
04-07-2009, 02:47 PM
I've got the message again..the mock can't be updated anymore.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5648409#post5648409

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Packers select Courtney Greene, SS/FS, Rutgers

Jaguars already picked him.

milkman
04-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Let's try again.

Packers select Rashaad Duncan, DT/DE, Pittsburg

BigChiefFan
04-08-2009, 10:51 PM
The Redskins select...Edwin Williams, C, Maryland

BigChiefFan
04-13-2009, 01:44 PM
The Panthers select, Augustus Parrish, OT, Kent State

Smed1065
04-14-2009, 03:57 AM
Let's try again.

Packers select Rashaad Duncan, DT/DE, Pittsburg

Ok this is what happens. LOL

No it is right because I am MM and draft expert-LOL

Just ask me!

Dylan
05-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Direckshun:

no you dit'nt -- you did not draft a DE (project) in the first round?

why? work with me - i'm trying to understand ... LOL

DE Mathias Kiwanuka 26 4yrs
DE Osi Umenyiora 27 7 yrs
DE Justin Tuck 27 7yrs
DE Dave Tollefson 26 3yrs
DE Robert Henderson 25 2yrs

DT Fred Robins 32 10 yrs
DT Barry Cofield 25 3yrs
DT Jeremy Clark 25 2yrs
DT Chris Canty 26 4yrs
DT Anthony Byrant 27 3yrs
DT Jay Alford 25 3yrs
DT Leger Douzable 22 2 yrs

LB Gerris Wilkinson 26 4yrs
LB Antonio Pierce 30 9 yrs
LB Bryan Kehl 24 2 yrs
LB Jonathan Goff 23 2 yrs
LB Zak DeOssie 24 3 yrs
LB Danny Clark 25 2 yrs

LB Clint Sinton 23 R

ya gotta look at these things... http://www.giants.com/team/giants_roster.html

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2009, 11:48 PM
So Direckshun loses the draft?

bdeg
05-08-2009, 12:09 AM
didn't they use their second round pick on a pass rusher? they said in their pc they expect him to get after the qb quite a bit

Dylan
05-09-2009, 03:03 PM
So Direckshun loses the draft?

didn't they use their second round pick on a pass rusher? they said in their pc they expect him to get after the qb quite a bit

I'm rooting for Direckshun to win~

On the Giants Round 2, Pick 45: The Giants drafted LB Clint Sintim, which was a need. The Giants DC said, they would use Sintim on 3rd down situations to rush the passer.

At the start of FA, the Giants signed Chris Canty from Dallas, DT Rocky Bernard from Seattle and LB Michael Boley from Atlanta -- to bring back depth to the defense. Towards the end of the 2008 season with Osi out for the season, the Giants lost key players to injury down the stretch.

The Giants will keep the same schemes Spags brought over from the Eagles, which mainly was multiple schemes, that were fit into the Giants original system.

When Spags was hired as DC, the Giants were not about to change their defensive system. To be more effective and to keep continuity, Spags had to work with the same Giants defensive coaches as in the past. Bill Sheridan and Mike Wauffle played a big roll not only in game planning, but in game day adjustments. Bill Sheridan called down on field ajustments from the booth to Spags on the side-line -- reported by the Giants players during interviews.

Who knows... you got to play the game to see if it all fits in and works out.