PDA

View Full Version : Football Is Ron Borges the most bitter talking head in America?

htismaqe
03-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Every time I hear this guy on the radio, he's talking bad about somebody.

Braincase
03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Nobody is going to listen to Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.

htismaqe
03-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Nobody is going to listen to Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.

Even Jack Harry says something positive ONCE in a while. This guy can't say anything if it's not tearing somebody down.

Booyaa58
03-02-2009, 05:47 PM
He's a typical masshole douchebag....f*ck him. Kietzman listened to his BS for way too long. :mad:

BradyFTW!
03-02-2009, 05:55 PM
The Massachusetts sports media has gotta be the worst in the country this side of New York. It's getting better, and once we finally run Shaughnessy out of town it'll be okay. Mike Reiss is awesome as the Pats beat writer, for starters.

Messier
03-02-2009, 07:10 PM
I just listened to him. Pioli was a lackey and Cassel is a no talent Scott Mitchell like QB that will be found out soon. Geez. Why didn't KK ask him, if Cassel is so bad why did the former O coordinator of the Pats want him so badly?

Amnorix
03-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Borges is complete garbage as a writer. He was given every opportunity to succeed taking over the great Will McDonough's place. Instead, he turned into a bitter cheerleader who loved certain players and hated anyone who messed with them.

As a result, he turned into a huge Belichick hater, and the more the Patriots succeeded, the more ridiculous he looked, and the more he dug in his heels.

If there is a more hated Boston sports writer in the last 30 years, I don't know who it is.

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 09:21 AM
The one that really got me was his reasoning behind why BB took the #34 overall for Cassel.

He said "there wasn't a market for Cassel".

Mort and Schefter both reported the Tampa/Denver thing. Other teams were reportedly eyeing him, including Detroit. And just this morning, Kevin Harlan said he heard there were as many as 4 or 5 teams interested.

Amnorix
03-03-2009, 09:56 AM
The one that really got me was his reasoning behind why BB took the #34 overall for Cassel.

He said "there wasn't a market for Cassel".

Mort and Schefter both reported the Tampa/Denver thing. Other teams were reportedly eyeing him, including Detroit. And just this morning, Kevin Harlan said he heard there were as many as 4 or 5 teams interested.

I'm shocked that Borges is backing up Belichick.

HC_Chief
03-03-2009, 10:01 AM

Yes, he typically oozes hatred for BB from every pore

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 10:06 AM

It was weird, because he never really backed up Belichick other than to say basically that nobody gets one over on him.

He spent most of his time talking about Pioli and why he referred to Pioli as BB's "gopher" as well as why Matt Cassel basically sucks.

HC_Chief
03-03-2009, 10:15 AM
It was weird, because he never really backed up Belichick other than to say basically that nobody gets one over on him.

He spent most of his time talking about Pioli and why he referred to Pioli as BB's "gopher" as well as why Matt Cassel basically sucks.

He said the same shit when we obtained Pioli. KK is just bringing him on to stir shit up. That's KK's shtick.

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 10:18 AM
He said the same shit when we obtained Pioli. KK is just bringing him on to stir shit up. That's KK's shtick.

Actually I've been listening to Kevin ALOT lately and his schtick has CHANGED. Since Peterson got fired, he's been a different guy.

Here's a pseudo-conspiracy theory for you:

I think Kevin is trying to make good with some of the fans (cough, me and you) that he's pissed off over the years. He knows alot of us are jazzed about Pioli, Cassel, etc. and the fact the Chiefs are nationally relevant again.

He's bringing Borges on for the purpose of being an antagonist so that he (KK) can go after him (which he's done both times) and look like the "good guy".

Pioli Zombie
03-03-2009, 10:18 AM
The Massachusetts sports media has gotta be the worst in the country this side of New York. It's getting better, and once we finally run Shaughnessy out of town it'll be okay. Mike Reiss is awesome as the Pats beat writer, for starters.
Exactly. Borges is well known in Boston as a guy who has hated Belichick from the start, was on record as saying the Patriots blew it by drafting Richard Seymour over David Terrell and was ticked when they went with Brady over Bledsoe. The guy is a joke in Boston he knows Boxing, nothing else
Posted via Mobile Device