PDA

View Full Version : Football Kurt Warner has an inflated sense of self-worth.

cardken
03-02-2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i6u2wj9IMbtycIimtJdYo_tAnfMAD96M7N7O3
This guy is incredible, why not take the (Cards) money and negotiate an incentive laden contract.

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2009, 07:23 PM
thankyou jesuuuuuuuuuus

Kyle DeLexus
03-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Are you kidding me? Inflated Sense of self-worth?

Warner passed for 4,583 yards and 30 touchdowns, leading the franchise to its first division title since 1975. He also starred in four playoff games, completing 68 percent of his passes for 1,147 yards and 11 TDs

The man can still play ball and has the right to shop himself to the highest bidder. He doesn't owe the Cards anything, just like they didn't owe him the respect of resigning him before his contract was up. He went into this season knowing that if he got hurt or played poorly his career is likely done, if he wants to cash in on his success more power to him. They flew him in on a private jet, drove him around in a limo and caddy, they are wining and dining him. This is Kurts last trip, he might as well enjoy it and go where he wants.

Garcia Bronco
03-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Dude gives away money better than government program.

The Bad Guy
03-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Kurt Warner deserves every penny he gets.

BigRock
03-02-2009, 07:48 PM
This guy is incredible, why not take the (Cards) money and negotiate an incentive laden contract.

Why don't the Cardinals suck it up and pay a few extra mil to the guy who got them to a Super Bowl?

"Because they're the Cardinals."

Oh.

Kyle DeLexus
03-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Dude gives away money better than government program.

This. Him and his wife pick up the check for someone else ever single time they go out. It's ridiculous to even say that about him. The Cards should have signed him to a new deal before he took them to the Superbowl, he's worth way more now than he was then.

Iowanian
03-02-2009, 08:52 PM
He probably remembers when the Cardinals brought him to Arizona to be the starter, immediately drafted Leinart, and had him splitting time with McKown.

Given his performance this season, the numbers he put up, the clutch drive that should have won them the superbowl...I'd say he's earned the right to find his value on the market, unless he decides to retire.

Would you leave your Job if you knew someone on the other side of town would pay you $5/hr for the same position? You've only worked there 3 years and they've had you training your replacement. You just invented the post-it note and brought them record profits for the year....

Mecca
03-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Why don't the Cardinals suck it up and pay a few extra mil to the guy who got them to a Super Bowl?

"Because they're the Cardinals."

Oh.

It probably has more to do with that they have salary cap issues.

Stinger
03-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Unlike many QB's that came into the league Kurt never got that big time money most get when they break into the NFL. This is his chance to make up for that.

Iowanian
03-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Will his self worth be "overinflated" if the 49ers pay him?

Iowanian
03-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Don't forget the highly paid shitty, USC "can't miss" first round draft pick QB sitting on the bench...

Mecca
03-02-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the Rams gave him a huge contract. So he's been paid.

stlchiefs
03-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Why would a veteran signing his last contract after just leading his team to a Superbowl sign an incentive laden deal? Where is the benefit to him? Kurt has the bargaining power and deserves to get paid. If the Cards weren't willing to lock him up before he became a FA then he is smart to shop himself for the most money out there, not to mention the Cards don't deserve any hometown discount as they showed him 0 respect in these negotiations.

Out of all the contract negotiations in the league and all the greedy players you attack one of the few truly good guys? Is this the 1st time you've opened your eyes to NFL contract negotiations?

BradyFTW!
03-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Why shouldn't he demand top salary? Sure he's old, but it's short money, and he makes a lot of teams instant SB contenders. He's one of the top 5 QBs in the game, and wants to be paid accordingly. I can't really begrudge him that.

Saul Good
03-02-2009, 09:46 PM
The guy takes the Arizona Cardinals to the Super Bowl, and you're saying that he has an inflated sense of self worth? Are you kidding me? The Arizona freaking Cardinals?

Stinger
03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm pretty sure the Rams gave him a huge contract. So he's been paid.

What I can piece together

Warner was earning a modest salary with the Rams at a time when he was a great quarterback. From 1999 through 2001, Warner averaged more than 300 completions, 4200 yards and 32 touchdowns a season with a median quarterback rating of almost 103. Yet he earned only $2 million in 2000, and roughly $2.2 million in 2001.

Riding those numbers and one particularly phenomenal 2000 season when he led the Rams to a Super Bowl win, Warner was awarded with $6.625 million in 2002, and $5.4 million in 2003.

http://www.askmen.com/sports/business_100/115_sports_business.html

The Cardinals signed Warner to a three-year contract following the 2005 season, and has a base salary of $4 million this season. The team in 2006 signed first-round draft choice Matt Leinart to a six-year deal that ESPN.com said was worth a maximum of $50.8 million.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=aBdk.CH3F5R8&refer=home

Not sure what he made in NY?

Mecca
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
That doesn't factor in his signing bonuses...

whoman69
03-02-2009, 10:08 PM

No, its the Cardinals. This is the club that since they moved to St. Louis has won under 40% of its games. This is one of the worst run organizations in football and the reason behind that is the ownership that had taken everything on the cheap almost every step of the way. This is the same ownership that complained in St. Louis about needing a bigger stadium (taxpayer financed of course) when they couldn't fill the one they had. How many times did he pull an Al Davis type maneuver and screw over every location that he moved the club to until he finally had his dream facilty? The Chicago/St. Louis/Phoenix/Tempe/Arizona (did I miss any?) Cardinals are a reflection of the man at the top.

unothadeal
03-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah he's a douche :rolleyes:

AROUND THE WEB
Warner will take less money in Arizona to keep Boldin
Posted: Around The Web | Adam Rank | Tags: Arizona Cardinals, Kurt Warner, San Francisco 49ers

Kurt Warner might be one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, but his negotiating skills probably need some work.

Warner took a trip to San Francisco on Monday, but his agent told the Arizona Republic that while the QB enjoyed his visit with the 49ers, he wants to remain with the Arizona Cardinals. For less money:

So Mark Bartelstein made another contract proposal to the Cardinals on Tuesday. The 2-year, $23 million proposal includes $12 million in guarantees and is less than what the 49ers were offering, Bartelstein said.
Warner also instructed Bartelstein to tell the Cardinals that he would give up $1 million in each year of the deal if the team re-signed receiver Anquan Boldin.
“It’s a home run for the team,” Bartelstein said. “It’s much less than we can get on the market. We’re hoping we’re going to get a ‘yes.’”
Now Warner will have to wait for the Cardinals’ reaction.

Rausch
03-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Will his self worth be "overinflated" if the 49ers pay him?

Seems pretty simple to me.

If he can get a retarded deal he'll take it, and should. If he can't he's happy where he is.

Spott
03-03-2009, 04:42 PM
God must have told him that 10 million dollars a season wasn't enough.

Brock
03-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Why shouldn't he get as much money as he can? Oh yeah, because he's a christian and they're not allowed to be rich.

Skip Towne
03-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Why shouldn't he demand top salary? Sure he's old, but it's short money, and he makes a lot of teams instant SB contenders. He's one of the top 5 QBs in the game, and wants to be paid accordingly. I can't really begrudge him that.

I blame "Dollar Bill" Bidwell.

BigRock
03-03-2009, 04:47 PM

Only if by "issues" you mean the "mo' money, mo' problems" kind of thing. The Cards aren't in cap trouble, they had like $30 million when FA started.

HonestChieffan
03-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Stupid thread.

John_Wayne
03-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Are you kidding me? Inflated Sense of self-worth?

Warner passed for 4,583 yards and 30 touchdowns, leading the franchise to its first division title since 1975. He also starred in four playoff games, completing 68 percent of his passes for 1,147 yards and 11 TDs

The man can still play ball and has the right to shop himself to the highest bidder. He doesn't owe the Cards anything, just like they didn't owe him the respect of resigning him before his contract was up. He went into this season knowing that if he got hurt or played poorly his career is likely done, if he wants to cash in on his success more power to him. They flew him in on a private jet, drove him around in a limo and caddy, they are wining and dining him. This is Kurts last trip, he might as well enjoy it and go where he wants.

This....

I really don't know what that means. But I see everyone else saying it. So, I thought I'd give it a try.

Thig Lyfe
03-03-2009, 04:59 PM
He won't sign any contract worth less than $Jesus.

Sure-Oz
03-03-2009, 06:32 PM
He should get paid, it's his last contract. They should've won that SB with his drive

Saul Good
03-03-2009, 06:44 PM
God must have told him that 10 million dollars a season wasn't enough.What does money have to do with religion?

Denver Dave
03-03-2009, 08:01 PM
$14.65 million was the franchise tag for a QB this year.

Bidwill is offering an under market contract to a guy who was one of the top five QBs in football over the last two years.

StcChief
03-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Why shouldn't he get as much money as he can? Oh yeah, because he's a christian and they're not allowed to be rich.
and he gives his 10% to church I'm sure. and then some. The dinners out are peanuts.

KCtotheSB
03-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Of all the people to call out, you pick Kurt Warner? The guy's worth every penny.