PDA

View Full Version : Life So, I got Laid-off today...

BCD
03-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I saw it coming. No surprise, really. Now, I'm gonna sit on my fat ass and collect unemployment. I've never done that. They said it could be a month or 3 months or longer. I'm a CNC Machinist. I had been working 10 hrs. Monday-Friday for the past 5 yrs. 3 weeks ago, my hrs were cut to 9 hrs./day. Starting today, everyone was cut down to 8 hrs/day. 4 people were let go last friday. I guess the main reason for the lay-offs were due to a customer cutting half their orders. We machine bearing component parts for Timken, pillowbiter, MRC, SKF, American Roller, Emerson, etc. The parts we make are the copper-alloy retainers that hold the rollers.

So, I guess I'll be padding my post count...

EDIT: I found a job!

58-4ever
03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Sorry man. It just happened to my best friend too. It's tough out there. I'm glad my company is still making a shit-load of money.

kcpasco
03-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Ya I'm at the bottom of my seniority group, I've been worried myself. I'm just glad Obama is throwing a bunch of money back into the economy.

Fairplay
03-02-2009, 06:29 PM
These are tough times man. I hope you get through this and find another job soon.

KcMizzou
03-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Sorry to hear it, man. My place just went through a round of layoffs as well. We lost the bottom 8 in seniority from my department. Scary stuff.

Sounds like you're about as prepared for it as anyone can really be expected to be. Good luck to you, man. Here's hoping things turn around soon.

kcpasco
03-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Thats the only thing bad about seniority, the guys at the top can sit around and do absolutley nothing and not have anything to worry about.

Play cards and take 5 hour lunch breaks, bunch of bastards.

Herzig
03-02-2009, 06:36 PM
My sister in law just got laid off from Walmart World HQ. She was a buyer for the apparel dept. She just got promoted and they laid off almost everyone in the apparel dept. and moved it to New York.

Hang in there man!

KcMizzou
03-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Thats the only thing bad about seniority, the guys at the top can sit around and do absolutley nothing and not have anything to worry about.

Play cards and take 5 hour lunch breaks, bunch of bastards.Yep, we've got a couple of those.

I've still got like a dozen people below me, (one of which is my brother)... I just wanna see shit get better. It's never fun seeing people lose their jobs, and it's gotten to the point to where I'm stating to sweat it a bit myself. All I can really do is sell my ass off, I guess.

chief52
03-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Sorry Dude. Times are tough. Hopefully better times are ahead.

memyselfI
03-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Been there before. It sucks. But it also could be an opportunity. When I was laid off there were 'retraining' programs that paid for you to go back to college to study a different field for two years.

Check it out. It might not still be in effect but if it is then it's a good program especially if you end up taking almost a year on UE. You are basically getting free college and being paid to stay home and study for a year.

wild1
03-02-2009, 06:39 PM
use the time to do something for your resume. take a training class, do some volunteer work, attend a networking group. ask if you can job-shadow at a company you might like to work for. there's always a way to become more marketable when you have time on your hands.

BCD
03-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Seniority means shit where I work. It just so happens that the customer that pulled orders, is 70% of what I produce.

kcpasco
03-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Yep, we've got a couple of those.

I've still got like a dozen people below me, (one of which is my brother)... I just wanna see shit get better. It's never fun seeing people lose their jobs, and it's gotten to the point to where I'm stating to sweat it a bit myself. All I can really do is sell my ass off, I guess.

Ya I hear ya man

The only good thing is I got 18 months of call back rights if I do get axed

BCD
03-02-2009, 06:44 PM
If I'm off more than 2 weeks, I'm gonna go nuts. My GF is gonna get sick of me real quick.:D

luv
03-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Sorry to hear about it. I have a few really good friends that are collecting unemployment right now. They're going through some tough times. My best friend from elementary school is currently raising two girls on student loans and grant money. Deadbeat dad doesn't pay child support due to being in nd out of jail. I do th best I can by them nd help them out when I can, bu I'm kind of living paycheck to paycheck myself.

Dayze
03-02-2009, 06:48 PM
sorry man; I've been out since October with no real hope in sight as it relates to jobs.

JASONSAUTO
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
SORRY to hear it man, i'll do my best to push bearings FWIW:D

MTG#10
03-02-2009, 06:53 PM
pillowbiter? ROFL

stlchiefs
03-02-2009, 06:56 PM
pillowbiter? ROFL

I wondered that myself but didn't ask.

Sorry to hear about the job loss man. Collect while you can, but definitely take the advice given and work to better yourself while you're unemployed. Making job searching a full time job and do what you can to pad that resume and skill set. Good luck, these times suck. :thumb:

BCD
03-02-2009, 07:02 PM
pillowbiter? ROFLFAG?:D Yep. They are part of a larger group...

http://www.fag.com/content.fag.de/en/company/schaeffler-group/schaeffler-group.jsp

Buck
03-02-2009, 07:04 PM
pillowbiter? ROFL

pillowbiter?:D Yep. They are part of a larger group...

http://www.pillowbiter.com/content.pillowbiter.de/en/company/schaeffler-group/schaeffler-group.jsp

http://tinyurl.com/mhvuj

There you go.

DeezNutz
03-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Sorry to hear this, man.

I hope this becomes a blessing in disguise.

MTG#10
03-02-2009, 07:07 PM
http://tinyurl.com/mhvuj

There you go.
Wow. They had a lot of balls naming their brand that. Or maybe they just like balls so they named their brand that.

Buehler445
03-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear it BCD. Hopefully things turn around quickly.

Rain Man
03-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Perhaps your company needs to do more market research. Let them know, okay?

kc rush
03-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear it. I went through the same thing last summer and into the fall. Its going to take us a while to get out from other things, but at least I'm working now.

Hopefully things turn around for you soon.

stevieray
03-02-2009, 07:16 PM
bummer, man..good fortune to you down the road.....

...on the other side of the coin, a good friend of mine had to layoff 30 people last Friday....it really hit him hard...not an easy thing to do...

Saulbadguy
03-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Bummer.

In the mean time, get educated.

BCD
03-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Wow. They had a lot of balls naming their brand that. Or maybe they just like balls so they named their brand that.If memory serves, its an acronym. Fischer and some other long German words.

BCD
03-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Bummer.

In the mean time, get educated.Yeah, I'm looking into something online. Not sure,yet.

memyselfI
03-02-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm to lazy to read if the plan I used is still in force but here is the link to the website which talks about the Workforce Investment Act.

http://www.doleta.gov/USWORKFORCE/WIA/
http://www.doleta.gov/etainfo/

Tits McGee
03-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Ya I'm at the bottom of my seniority group, I've been worried myself. I'm just glad Obama is throwing a bunch of money back into the economy.

Keep telling yourself that...

CoMoChief
03-02-2009, 07:57 PM

Yeah taxing the people that create jobs for people is going to do a lot of good.

Giving stimulus checks to people that dont pay any taxes isn't going to do shit to this economy.

Expect a huge inflation hit in about a year or so.

kcpasco
03-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah taxing the people that create jobs for people is going to do a lot of good.

Giving stimulus checks to people that dont pay any taxes isn't going to do shit to this economy.

Expect a huge inflation hit in about a year or so.

Well since I work directly under a goverment contract, I'll see the money a lot quicker.

wild1
03-02-2009, 08:02 PM
the spending is backloaded anyway. what little actually is stimulus won't hit the economy for a couple of years, even if you believe it will work

memyselfI
03-02-2009, 08:04 PM
The talking heads on CNBC today said that the government's internal reports indicate that the unemployment rate will hit 10% in 2010 and they were lamenting that they think the government is padding that to keep people from panic and it will be worse. They believe the government's figures are pretty much fallacies at this point and they their inability to act in a way to help the situation is because they are at a loss as to what to do.

kcpasco
03-02-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm kinda in a different boat then most, my job security doesn't come from a companies profit. It comes from goverment funding, so by all means I want Obama to just keep spending away.

Fat Elvis
03-02-2009, 08:13 PM
The talking heads on CNBC today said that the government's internal reports indicate that the unemployment rate will hit 10% in 2010 and they were lamenting that they think the government is padding that to keep people from panic and it will be worse. They believe the government's figures are pretty much fallacies at this point and they their inability to act in a way to help the situation is because they are at a loss as to what to do.

If you use the old metrics, it was over 10% long before Obama took office. Don't try to pull your shit here and blame everything on him.

http://www.shadowstats.com/imgs/sgs-emp.gif

The SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate reflects current unemployment reporting methodology adjusted for SGS-estimated "discouraged workers" defined away during the Clinton Administration added to the existing BLS estimates of level U-6 unemployment.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data

bkkcoh
03-03-2009, 12:49 PM
the spending is backloaded anyway. what little actually is stimulus won't hit the economy for a couple of years, even if you believe it will work

Just about the time of the 2010 elections, incredible timing.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I feel for anyone in the manufacturing industry... My dad was there, keyword, "was."

It'll get better. It may suck for a while, but it'll get better.

R&GHomer
03-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Sorry to hear that man, I work for that big cell phone company here in KC and our next big round of layoff's is the 13th. Wish you the best of luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Midnight_Vulture
03-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Damn sorry to hear that man. Keep your head up. There will be other jobs out there for ya.

Hog Farmer
03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Damn sorry to hear that man. Keep your head up. There will be other jobs out there for ya.

What do you do for a living ?

BigRedChief
03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Just about the time of the 2010 elections, incredible timing.
Don't polute this thread with politics.

Sorry to hear ya got laid off man. Any prospects? Got your resume online etc?

bkkcoh
03-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Sorry to hear that man, I work for that big cell phone company here in KC and our next big round of layoff's is the 13th. Wish you the best of luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

how appropriate, Friday 13th. I am sure that wasn't intentional!

bkkcoh
03-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Don't polute this thread with politics.

Sorry to hear ya got laid off man. Any prospects? Got your resume online etc?

I got my notice the end of January.

3-30-09 is my last day.

I have a few decent leads, at least I think, for another job.

Rausch
03-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I saw it coming. No surprise, really. Now, I'm gonna sit on my fat ass and collect unemployment. I've never done that.

Ditto.

Got laid off about a month ago. Filed for welfare.

It's more work getting unemployment than fucking working.

I will admit that the food channel has broadened my horizons and I'm actually able to feed myself now. I mean, $#it other than pasta in a can or ramen noodles...

BigRedChief
03-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Ditto.

Got laid off about a month ago. Filed for welfare.

It's more work getting unemployment than ****ing working.

I will admit that the food channel has broadened my horizons and I'm actually able to feed myself now. I mean, $#it other than pasta in a can or ramen noodles...
What do you get weekly for unemployment? Never used it so I have no idea.

Rausch
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
What do you get weekly for unemployment? Never used it so I have no idea.

I was supposed to get a little over $150 a week (OMG BINGO!) but so far I've had $35 put on my little welfare card.

I was told that all the back would be paid this week, which is nice because I've become spoiled by all the heat and electricty lately...

Sure-Oz
03-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Sorry man, i hope you get something real soon. Until then keep applying and enjoy a little bit of a break, but not too much

BCD
03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
It's more work getting unemployment than fucking working.
I filed as soon as I got home yesterday. Everything done online. Quite simple really. Only one day in and I'm bored. No clue how much I'll get. I've been told its a bit less than half of what I grossed.

MOhillbilly
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
cut a dude loose here acouple months ago, first time ever. put me back in the warehouse took my car but i still have a job. had to retrain again, better than lookin for a new employer though.

BCD
03-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear that man, I work for that big cell phone company here in KC and our next big round of layoff's is the 13th. Wish you the best of luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.Good luck.

Rausch
03-03-2009, 01:36 PM
I filed as soon as I got home yesterday. Everything done online. Quite simple really. Only one day in and I'm bored. No clue how much I'll get. I've been told its a bit less than half of what I grossed.

That's what I did.

Then two weeks passed with no mon-ay. I tried to call the number but no one ever answers, they're flooded with calls.

Finally some gal called me and said they needed more information. I worked for a school in 07-08. Left in May of 08.

She said they had to be sure I wasn't on summer break or vacation from the school.

:spock:

"Um, ma'm, it's fucking February..."

"Yes. Uh....we just had to be sure."

Ok. Whatever.

Good news is that there were slow days at the plant and they'd pay you like $50 a day for "shared work." I have about 5 of those days coming yet plus my 3 weekly checks they're behind.

But if something does go wrong good luck finding out what or getting ahold of someone to straighten it out...

BCD
03-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I just heard from a guy I worked with that they let a total of 15 go. This is a small company. The most they have ever employed at one time was around 60.

BCD
03-03-2009, 01:42 PM
She said they had to be sure I wasn't on summer break LMAO Stupid bitch.

BCD
03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Good news is that there were slow days at the plant and they'd pay you like $50 a day for "shared work." I have about 5 of those days coming yet plus my 3 weekly checks they're behind.

Yeah, I've got 6 days a vacation. I'm not sure if i should take them now or save them. They told me they could "hold" them for me in the event I return. Not sure what to do. If I take them, It will delay my benefits a week.

BigRedChief
03-03-2009, 01:59 PM
I was supposed to get a little over $150 a week (OMG BINGO!) but so far I've had $35 put on my little welfare card.

I was told that all the back would be paid this week, which is nice because I've become spoiled by all the heat and electricty lately...
jeeeZ I'd be bankrupt in a couple of months at that rate. I thought with unemployment you got enough to live on?

ChiTown
03-03-2009, 01:59 PM
What do you do for a living ?

Midnight Vulture is a professional cock gobbler.

-King-
03-03-2009, 02:15 PM
jeeeZ I'd be bankrupt in a couple of months at that rate. I thought with unemployment you got enough to live on?

I guess they figure you only need food. How the hell are you supposed to pay the mortgage/bills etc on only 150 a week? I guess they want you to be a fed homeless person lol.

But good luck to all of the guys laid off, hopefully you can get jobs in the near future, better jobs hopefully :thumb:

Rausch
03-03-2009, 02:20 PM
I thought with unemployment you got enough to live on?

http://76.163.41.133/images/Laughter%20Chain.jpg

Stewie
03-03-2009, 03:41 PM
This is supposed to be the weekly unemployment pay by state. Plus, $25 on top of these rates that the Federal Gov't is pitching in. Are these payouts incorrect? These are based on a single person's benefit.

<table><caption>Weekly unemployment benefits by state</caption><tbody><tr><th>State</th><th> Maximum </th><th>State</th><th> Maximum </th></tr><tr><td>Alabama
</td><td> $255
</td><td>Montana
</td><td> $407
</td></tr><tr><td>Alaska
</td><td> $370
</td><td>Nebraska
</td><td> $308
</td></tr><tr><td>Arizona
</td><td> $240
</td><td>Nevada
</td><td> $362
</td></tr><tr><td>Arkansas
</td><td> $409
</td><td>New Hampshire
</td><td> $427
</td></tr><tr><td>California
</td><td> $450
</td><td>New Jersey
</td><td> $584
</td></tr><tr><td>Colorado
</td><td> $475
</td><td>New Mexico
</td><td> $455
</td></tr><tr><td>Connecticut
</td><td> $519
</td><td>New York
</td><td> $405
</td></tr><tr><td>Delaware
</td><td> $330
</td><td>North Carolina
</td><td> $494
</td></tr><tr><td>District of Columbia
</td><td> $359
</td><td>North Dakota
</td><td> $385
</td></tr><tr><td>Florida
</td><td> $275
</td><td>Ohio
</td><td> $372
</td></tr><tr><td>Georgia
</td><td> $330
</td><td>Oklahoma
</td><td> $392
</td></tr><tr><td>Hawaii
</td><td> $545
</td><td>Oregon
</td><td> $482
</td></tr><tr><td>Idaho
</td><td> $362
</td><td>Pennsylvania
</td><td> $539
</td></tr><tr><td>Illinois
</td><td> $385
</td><td>Rhode Island
</td><td> $528
</td></tr><tr><td>Indiana
</td><td> $390
</td><td>South Carolina
</td><td> $326
</td></tr><tr><td>Iowa
</td><td> $443
</td><td>South Dakota
</td><td> $285
</td></tr><tr><td>Kansas
</td><td> $423
</td><td>Tennessee
</td><td> $275
</td></tr><tr><td>Kentucky
</td><td> $415
</td><td>Texas
</td><td> $378
</td></tr><tr><td>Louisiana
</td><td> $284
</td><td>Utah
</td><td> $444
</td></tr><tr><td>Maine
</td><td> $496
</td><td>Vermont
</td><td> $409
</td></tr><tr><td>Maryland
</td><td> $380
</td><td>Virginia
</td><td> $378
</td></tr><tr><td>Massachusetts
</td><td> $628
</td><td>Washington
</td><td> $541*
</td></tr><tr><td>Michigan
</td><td> $365
</td><td>West Virginia
</td><td> $424
</td></tr><tr><td>Minnesota
</td><td> $566
</td><td>Wisconsin
</td><td> $363
</td></tr><tr><td>Mississippi
</td><td> $230
</td><td>Wyoming
</td><td> $387
</td></tr><tr><td>Missouri
</td><td> $320
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Rausch
03-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Those are averages I'm sure.

What they told me was it's based on your average earnings over the last 14 months.

Keep in mind that this is the same woman who had to ask if I was still on summer vacation, so take that that for what it's worth...

KC Dan
03-03-2009, 03:52 PM
bummer, man..good fortune to you down the road.....

...on the other side of the coin, a good friend of mine had to layoff 30 people last Friday....it really hit him hard...not an easy thing to do...
tell me about it..................Divorce was easier...........

Rausch
03-03-2009, 04:07 PM
tell me about it..................Divorce was easier...........

This might sound stupid but I felt worse for the plant manager than I did for me.

He actually showed up at the Christmas party and had a beer. Good guy, not above anyone, just there to have a good time and hang out with the people working under him. Kind of guy you want to work for.

I wasn't making all that much to begin with but there were a lot of guys that needed that job.

About a month after gettting to know all the new guys as people he had to turn around and axe them.

BigRedChief
03-03-2009, 04:26 PM
$320.00 a week? I'll be hosed if I can't find work.:deevee:

soundmind
03-03-2009, 04:41 PM

No doubt, I've been out 2 months, 1 week and 3 days - and sh*t isn't getting any easier. I have applied like crazy, and have yet to get even one phone call. I've been out on foot, on the phone....nothin.

Hope you know someone that can get you a job, that's the only shot anyone's got right now.

Chief Henry
03-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Good luck dude.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Best of luck!

Dayze
03-03-2009, 05:36 PM

I am getting abotu 25% of my net etc.
i think it varies on how much you make.

taxes aren't taken out of the unemployment checks, which surprised me when I did my taxes a few weeks ago.

Cave Johnson
03-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Those are averages I'm sure.

What they told me was it's based on your average earnings over the last 14 months.

Keep in mind that this is the same woman who had to ask if I was still on summer vacation, so take that that for what it's worth...

Those are maxes, not averages.

Missouri in the bottom 10. Wooooo!

Rain Man
03-03-2009, 05:49 PM

If you want to keep your resume up to date, I'll give you an unpaid internship.

Dayze
03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
yeah, it's bad. Basically the unemployment covers the house and some other incidentals; the wifes checks covers utilities, car payments etc. after that, fuel/groceries etc have to be put on CC.

We were darn close to paying off the CC; not anymore.
Already sold one motorcycle; trying to sell the other one (CBR 600RR anyone?); car will be paid for in 16 months. Once paid for I'm never buying a 'new' car again. I can't imagine the economy will turn around anytime soon.

To add insult to injury, houses in our sub division are going for $20k less than what we bought ours for 3 yrs ago. Joy.

Chieftain58
03-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Banks have to lighten up on the loan requirements or we will be in this turmoil for a long time. We have been developers/General Contractors in Arizona and have 3 projects on hold due to new lending requirements. Which would employ upwards of 100 people per project.. plus all the suppliers.. We are hanging on but running out of cash.. everyone in our company has taken pay cuts and have layed off 95% of workers.
A project I bid last week ---the person getting the bid said we were one of 6 legal contractors left in the area that they could find on the R.O.C. list.. and there had to be 50+ the last few years in our town.
In fact the main project we had the loan officer/VP of the bank said it was a 9 out of 10 loan-- which was backed by the Government. Now we have to come up with direct cash injection of 20% and can't do it.

Anyway.. come on Obama! throw some more money out there!

StcChief
03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
If I'm off more than 2 weeks, I'm gonna go nuts. My GF is gonna get sick of me real quick.:Dgo file for un-employment . your last company paid into it, you deserve it, may take long than you think. The first week you won't ever be paid for (your waiting week).... Just do it.

BCD
03-03-2009, 06:36 PM
go file for un-employment . your last company paid into it, you deserve it, may take long than you think. The first week you won't ever be paid for (your waiting week).... Just do it.I did yesterday, right after I got off. I did it all online.

HMc
03-03-2009, 07:34 PM
cripes you can make bank on unemployment in boston, can't you

Simply Red
03-03-2009, 07:52 PM
cripes you can make bank on unemployment in boston, can't you

no

MahiMike
03-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Sorry to hear that. Good luck to you.

HMc
03-03-2009, 08:38 PM
no

We all know you're well off.

But 620 (tax free?) a week aint bad for doing nothing.

Skip Towne
03-03-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm on social security and they pay me more per month now than they did when I was in the service and had to work every day

Chiefaholic
03-03-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm a certified welder and will find out tomorrow what my future is in the company I've worked for the last 7 years. Since the corporation I work for doesn't believe in the term "layoff", there's no call back date for those of us let go.

BCD
03-04-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm a certified welder and will find out tomorrow what my future is in the company I've worked for the last 7 years. Since the corporation I work for doesn't believe in the term "layoff", there's no call back date for those of us let go.
I didn't get a callback date either.

-King-
03-04-2009, 02:05 PM

Good thing you dont live in NY. Can you imagine living in New York on only 405 a week?

BCD
03-04-2009, 03:44 PM
taxes aren't taken out of the unemployment checks, which surprised me when I did my taxes a few weeks ago.Ohio gives you the option of 10% fed deduction.

Skip Towne
03-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Ohio gives you the option of 10% fed deduction.

So unemployment is taxable income?

KC Dan
03-04-2009, 04:16 PM
So unemployment is taxable income?
Yep...

badgirl
03-04-2009, 10:05 PM
I saw it coming. No surprise, really. Now, I'm gonna sit on my fat ass and collect unemployment. I've never done that. They said it could be a month or 3 months or longer. I'm a CNC Machinist. I had been working 10 hrs. Monday-Friday for the past 5 yrs. 3 weeks ago, my hrs were cut to 9 hrs./day. Starting today, everyone was cut down to 8 hrs/day. 4 people were let go last friday. I guess the main reason for the lay-offs were due to a customer cutting half their orders. We machine bearing component parts for Timken, pillowbiter, MRC, SKF, American Roller, Emerson, etc. The parts we make are the copper-alloy retainers that hold the rollers.

Sorry to hear this, I once interviewed for a CNC operator job, they make better money than the rest of the operators. My interview was a couple of years ago at a place called Kennametal. They get paid good there, but I did hear they cut like 80 jobs a couple of months ago, so I guess I am glad I didn't get it.

cdcox
03-04-2009, 10:08 PM
TO feels your pain.

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I used to be a CNC guy before I took over autoCad duties.Waht kind of Machines did you run? Haas, Okuma, Mori Seiki?

BCD
03-05-2009, 03:31 AM
I used to be a CNC guy before I took over autoCad duties.Waht kind of Machines did you run? Haas, Okuma, Mori Seiki?Okuma. Lathe and mill.

BCD
10-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Good news. I have a job. I should start next week. I already took the drug test. Just waiting on the background check. Same field. Money is a bit less than I was making, but its better than unemployment.

pr_capone
10-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Congratulations on finding work!

Seems to be a rarity these days.

DaneMcCloud
10-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Good news. I have a job. I should start next week. I already took the drug test. Just waiting on the background check. Same field. Money is a bit less than I was making, but its better than unemployment.

Congrats, Dave! That's great news!

:thumb:

cdcox
10-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Sweet -- congrats!

Coach
10-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Congrats.

Sure-Oz
10-03-2009, 12:11 PM
excellent

TrebMaxx
10-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Great news!

BCD
10-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks, everyone! My son is stoked. He was worried about Christmas. LMAO Kids...

Mr. Flopnuts
10-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Nothing to see here. No more professional loafer. Congrats dude. I've always been a firm believer that talented individuals won't be out of work for long. Recent times have proven that wrong to some degree. Now you need some luck to go along with it. :toast:

patteeu
10-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Good luck in the new job. :thumb:

Skip Towne
10-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Congrats, Dave.

stevieray
10-03-2009, 05:36 PM
..can't keep a good man down

:toast:

RJ
10-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Great news, Dave, good luck with the new gig!

Deberg_1990
10-03-2009, 05:39 PM

Good deal. Happy to hear that for you.

seclark
10-03-2009, 07:29 PM
good luck dave.
sec

KcFanInGA
10-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear it. I was unemployed from last Dec. to July with no unemployment pay. Good luck finding something else, and use the time like I did to check into doing something you love. Hopefully you won't have as MUCH time as I did to look into that though.

Old Dog
10-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Congrats on the new gig

FAX
10-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Congratulations, Mr. BigChiefDave.

FAX

TEX
10-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Way to go landing another job! :thumb:

Gadzooks
10-03-2009, 08:36 PM

You passed the drug test? j/k. Hope they don't find out about that "time" in the background check. Best of luck.:thumb:

FAX
10-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Way to go landing another job so soon! :thumb:

What's really cool is, when the manager isn't around, we all get free fries!

FAX

TEX
10-03-2009, 09:09 PM

FAX

That's kind of like being on food stamps, but not really supposed to be...

Manila-Chief
10-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Thanks, everyone! My son is stoked. He was worried about Christmas. LMAO Kids...

Congrats!!! Daughter lost her job in May ... got a contract job a couple weeks ago and it's kinda iffy. With 2 kids in lots of activities, know what you mean about your son and C'mas!!! Families are very important in these matters. As I tell my kids ... yeah, it pays less, but it's easier getting a better job if you are working.

Hey! and look on the bright side ... your enjoyment of the Chiefs will be ... well, I started to say enjoyable, but that may not happen for a while ... at least you'll be more relaxed and not concerned about a job.

bevischief
10-04-2009, 06:48 AM

FAX

ROFL

bevischief
10-04-2009, 07:03 AM
cONGRATS!