PDA

View Full Version : Life Oral Surgeon time tomorrow at 8 AM

Gracie Dean
03-02-2009, 09:43 PM
going to get an IV and go to sleep and then when I wake up, it will all be over.

I am a HUGE baby, but will be glad when this is over. I am kind of scared of the IV as well, but ...

taking the plunge

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2009, 09:51 PM
I did this at the end of December. Bye bye wisdom teeth. Everything will be just fine. Have fun being doped up for the next day or two.

Gracie Dean
03-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Planning on sleeping a LOT

googlegoogle
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
i did that for wisdom teeth. Best way really. They don't show you the needles at all. They gave me some gas first which relaxes you. then they tell you to layback and then they inject with a very small needle that you wont feel.

have fun.

SNR
03-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Just remember, WHILE in office, Grover Cleveland had his lower jaw removed in order to get at a tumor. The operation was a pretty big success, and the scars were able to be covered up fairly well.

His only anesthetic? Nitrous oxide. That's it.

Gracie Dean
03-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Just remember, WHILE in office, Grover Cleveland had his lower jaw removed in order to get at a tumor. The operation was a pretty big success, and the scars were able to be covered up fairly well.

His only anesthetic? Nitrous oxide. That's it.

WOW

I could NEVER do that

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2009, 09:59 PM
WOW

I could NEVER do that

Grover was a pretty animated fella.

Gracie Dean
03-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I just know that right now, I am kinda scared...nervous or something. Gonna get some sleep and know that it is almost over!!!:eek:

EyePod
03-02-2009, 10:16 PM
This is going to be you!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N618fLxQP6w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

EyePod
03-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Oh, and I just got two cavities filled the over the weekend, and it blew, but didn't hurt that badly.

Gravedigger
03-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Heres what happens they give you the gas/IV and tell you to count backwards from 100, I got to 97 then I woke up seven hours later with bloody gauze in my mouth in my bed. Make one of your buddies take a photo when you are awake enought o walk out to your car, it'll be a classic... in fact take that picture and post it here for a good laugh.

KCBOSS1
03-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Don't forget to ask for the little pink pills after..... It'll be a fun time. I wish I had a few more wisdom teeth, just for a few days of the little pink pills.

DaneMcCloud
03-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Better than Anal surgery

Buck
03-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Nothing like a 4 day vicodin Binge.

Have fun.

Dayze
03-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Heres what happens they give you the gas/IV and tell you to count backwards from 100, I got to 97 then I woke up seven hours later with bloody gauze in my mouth in my bed. Make one of your buddies take a photo when you are awake enought o walk out to your car, it'll be a classic... in fact take that picture and post it here for a good laugh.

This is true; I had my wisdome teeth taken out at the end of boot camp; no joke, I got to like number 96. They said "Your arm will start getting a little cold. Is it cold yet"?

"Ye-...."
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Woke up about 8 hours later.
lol. Awesome.

Gracie Dean
03-02-2009, 10:29 PM
we have GOOD insurance, but they are not paying up front for the anesthesia

we have to pay 450 bucks and we may get a refund after.

The two teeth coming out have the roots wrapped around each other which is why my regular dentist didnt' take the problem tooth out on the 16th when I went.

So it makes it more than an simple extraction. We will see. Thankfully we have an emergency fund in addition to our savings

sd4chiefs
03-03-2009, 12:28 AM
going to get an IV and go to sleep and then when I wake up, it will all be over.

I am a HUGE baby, but will be glad when this is over. I am kind of scared of the IV as well, but ...

taking the plunge

I pulled mine out myself with a pair of pliers

Gracie Dean
03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Well, its done.. over and finished. I took more stitches than they thought and am really sore. Slept for a few hours and getting ready to doze again

actually it wasn't that bad. The doc did the IV stick in one shot and then said here is some medicine to relax you...boom it was over

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Better than Anal surgery

Is that your face? Or did your butt grow teeth?

SNR
03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, its done.. over and finished. I took more stitches than they thought and am really sore. Slept for a few hours and getting ready to doze again

actually it wasn't that bad. The doc did the IV stick in one shot and then said here is some medicine to relax you...boom it was overI'm sure the doctor gave you good advice on what to eat/not eat.

HEED that advice. It gets messy when things go wrong

Gracie Dean
03-03-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm sure the doctor gave you good advice on what to eat/not eat.

HEED that advice. It gets messy when things go wrong

yes

all clear liquid today as tolerated.

so far I have had one cup of broth and some 7-up

and only 3 cigs

Gracie Dean
03-03-2009, 02:09 PM
yum strawberry jello

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2009, 02:09 PM
yes

all clear liquid today as tolerated.

so far I have had one cup of broth and some 7-up

and only 3 cigs

You better watch those smokes. That's what'll give you dry socket. I kept my mouth loaded with gauze everytime I smoked, and didn't get dry socket either time I had wisdom teeth removed. I know a few people who got it that don't smoke. It's about a 20% chance. Reduce your risk and cover the holes in your mouth when you smoke.

Gracie Dean
03-03-2009, 02:11 PM
You better watch those smokes. That's what'll give you dry socket. I kept my mouth loaded with gauze everytime I smoked, and didn't get dry socket either time I had wisdom teeth removed. I know a few people who got it that don't smoke. It's about a 20% chance. Reduce your risk and cover the holes in your mouth when you smoke.

thanks will do. never thought about that

Gracie Dean
03-03-2009, 02:19 PM
not sure if I will work tomorrow or not

158 7th graders seems daunting right now

googlegoogle
03-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Didn't say what drugs your using now.

Gracie Dean
03-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Didn't say what drugs your using now.

Just 5 mg hydrocodone and IB profein alternating

nothing much

my principal just emailed and said to stay home, they have already asked the sub to stay another day...

seclark
03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Just 5 mg hydrocodone and IB profein alternating

my grandma couldn't cop a buzz on that lightweight crap...eat some beef jerky and call them up saying you need something better for the pain.
sec

Gracie Dean
03-03-2009, 04:44 PM
my grandma couldn't cop a buzz on that lightweight crap...eat some beef jerky and call them up saying you need something better for the pain.
sec

they are pretty mild

but I only weigh 110 lbs

penguinz
03-03-2009, 05:10 PM
they are pretty mild

but I only weigh 110 lbsI hope to god you are female and less shorter than 5'4"

Gracie Dean
03-03-2009, 05:13 PM
I hope to god you are female and less shorter than 5'4"

yes

and

yes:thumb:

bdeg
03-03-2009, 05:32 PM
sec
Try taking 4 of them?:evil:

It's not like she's going to get oxy for this.

I also had oral surgery a few months ago, had to get an implant put in after getting a tooth punched out. It was a very long process, but not too bad.

Gracie Dean
03-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Try taking 4 of them?:evil:

It's not like she's going to get oxy for this.

I also had oral surgery a few months ago, had to get an implant put in after getting a tooth punched out. It was a very long process, but not too bad.

ugg

I don't want to throw up

I am so frikin hungry right now

have had broth, soup, jello and applesauce

I could go for a big cheeseburger or a footlong coney from sonic right about now or chicken strips

mmm now that is good

WilliamTheIrish
03-03-2009, 05:56 PM
We need a forum titled: Who Gives A Fuck, Who Gives A Shit?

Or maybe : Hi I'm Pam, I've Got Multiple Issues And I Need Someone To Hold My Hand.

bdeg
03-03-2009, 05:59 PM
ugg

I don't want to throw up

I am so frikin hungry right now

have had broth, soup, jello and applesauce

I could go for a big cheeseburger or a footlong coney from sonic right about now or chicken strips

mmm now that is good

I highly recommend milkshakes. Not only is it substantial, liquid, and cold, but ice cream and the like are especially enjoyable on opiates(hydrocodone).

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2009, 06:12 PM
thanks will do. never thought about that

It starts really getting dry in your mouth and a major inconvenience after a couple of days, but I suggest toughing it out for 4 to 5. Dry socket doesn't usually set in until 4-5 days after your surgery.

http://www.themordecais.com/files/moreyouknow.jpg

djrcmay
03-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Try a T-bone, seemed to help me.

Micjones
03-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Don't do too much talking after your surgery.
That dry socket is a bitch!!!

I get the chills just thinking about it again...

Gracie Dean
03-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks for all the nuggets of wisdom. I haven't been doing much of anything but dozing

So far the pain hasn't really been unbearable, but the lortabs and the IBProfin seem to be doing their job

Sorry Mr IRish that my one thread about my oral surgery isn't as exciting as say placing a bag of frozen peas on a ball sack or some such daily interesting threads. But hey you clicked on it!!! :)

Skip Towne
03-03-2009, 09:26 PM
We need a forum titled: Who Gives A Fuck, Who Gives A Shit?

Or maybe : Hi I'm Pam, I've Got Multiple Issues And I Need Someone To Hold My Hand.

She's much better than she used to be. She once cured herself of brain cancer you know.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 09:28 PM

There's no way to make this not sound vulgar, but refrain from sucking on anything for the next week or two.

Your husband might not thank you, but your gums/mouth will.

Gracie Dean
03-03-2009, 09:46 PM
yea, all by my self. Experimental drugs had nothign at all to do with it as I am JUST that GREAT!!!

thanks for your concern :)