PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If you had your pick of QB for KC, who would it be?

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm not saying all of these are possible, but I'm just curious as to who all you people would prefer.

Kyle DeLexus
03-03-2009, 12:12 AM
I personally like Stafford, I hope Cassel surprises me and becomes a legit franchise QB.

RustShack
03-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Cutler no question.

jAZ
03-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Cutler right now.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 03:49 AM
Interesting results... I like it!

ncCHIEFfan
03-03-2009, 05:09 AM
right now I am cool with cassel

ncCHIEFfan
03-03-2009, 05:13 AM
however the chiefs could prolly get away with really taking advantage of the situation in donky-land. trade for cutler and there 2nd for cassel. i know it sounds out of this world stupid but first year staff + disgruntle young QB could = disaster

Ultra Peanut
03-03-2009, 06:04 AM
Sanchez.

the Talking Can
03-03-2009, 06:12 AM
stafford

Mecca
03-03-2009, 06:13 AM
Cassells winning the poll...hrm wonder why.

If you had this poll before he was a member of the Chiefs I'd bet any amount of money you could name he wouldn't be winning it.

EyePod
03-03-2009, 06:15 AM
I like the Cassel pickup but Cutler is much better. He's a good version of Brett Favre.

WhitiE
03-03-2009, 06:17 AM

If you had this poll before he was a member of the Chiefs I'd bet any amount of money you could name he wouldn't be winning it.

people liking the direction the chiefs are going!?!?!?!? OMG! what will we ever do!?!?!?!?!

rad
03-03-2009, 06:22 AM
I'm surprised at all the Cutler responses, with the recent behavior he's exhibited....besides the fact he hasn't displayed a very good attitude and never had a winning season. I think he's a good QB, just wouldn't want him on my team.

Mecca
03-03-2009, 06:25 AM
people liking the direction the chiefs are going!?!?!?!? OMG! what will we ever do!?!?!?!?!

That is not remotely the point I was making...people change their tune because he's now putting on the Chiefs jersey.

The big 180.

Delano
03-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Peyton Manning.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 06:54 AM
That is not remotely the point I was making...people change their tune because he's now putting on the Chiefs jersey.

The big 180.

I think if the Poll would have been posted prior to the move, most would assume that the Chiefs wouldn't have the #3 pick after the trade. Most would have assumed the Chiefs would have at least had to trade back to #23.

Also, prior to the move, many would have strongly considered Jay Cutler. However, some view the recent antics as a character flaw.

I agree that fans tend to rationalize certain things. That is the only reason that Sanchez had such a strong level of support on here. Everyone knew that Stafford would be gone and figured that Sanchez was the best 'chance' we had. So, they rationalized every flaw, every red flag..... all to convince themselves that Sanchez was worth the #3 pick.

I think Cassel is the best choice for what the Chiefs were able to do to secure his services, and that Pioli has a history with him.

Mecca
03-03-2009, 06:56 AM
Hey I'll be frankly honest, of those 4 Cassell would be 4th.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong on that but that's how I'd have ranked them a month ago and that's how I rank them today.

philfree
03-03-2009, 07:09 AM

The big 180.

I get what your saying but most Chiefs fans are vested in being Chiefs fans not draft gurus or whatever.

PhilFree:arrow:

Chiefnj2
03-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Cutler.

Von Dumbass
03-03-2009, 07:12 AM

ROFL No kidding just read the first page of this thread. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203311

Mecca
03-03-2009, 07:16 AM
I get what your saying but most Chiefs fans are vested in being Chiefs fans not draft gurus or whatever.

That's not the point the point is it's hypocritical to completely change your view of something due to the uniforms they put on.

philfree
03-03-2009, 07:28 AM
That's not the point the point is it's hypocritical to completely change your view of something due to the uniforms they put on.

Yeah but they don't really care about what their opinion was as much as they care about being a Chiefs fan. They would rather be wrong and Cassel become their hero because he's now a Chiefs and they're Chiefs fans. You on the other hand are a you fan and you would rather be right and the Chiefs and Cassel suck so you're vindicated. You're a you fan they're Chiefs fans. I didn't vote in this pole because I wanted Stafford at the 3rd but I was fine with Cassel for the #34 pick but in the end I want the Chiefs to get it right even if that means going against what I thought was the best thing to do. In the end I'm a Chiefs fan.

Mecca
03-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Um you can be a fan without being hypocritical...hey I said I'd rather be wrong than right about this but I will not 180 my views on a player due to the team he's on.

CoMoChief
03-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Really? Anyone who doesn't choose Cutler is a moron.

rad
03-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Yeah but they don't really care about what their opinion was as much as they care about being a Chiefs fan. They would rather be wrong and Cassel become their hero because he's now a Chiefs and they're Chiefs fans. You on the other hand are a you fan and you would rather be right and the Chiefs and Cassel suck so you're vindicated. You're a you fan they're Chiefs fans. I didn't vote in this pole because I wanted Stafford at the 3rd but I was fine with Cassel for the #34 pick but in the end I want the Chiefs to get it right even if that means going against what I thought was the best thing to do. In the end I'm a Chiefs fan.

Understand that Mecca is the kind of dude that believes what he believes, that's it. some call it stubborn, some call it resolve. But, you will never see a post from Mecca that says "I was wrong about x" or "Eh, what the hell I'll just roll with it."

Oh, and you will never see a comma in a Mecca post. Ever.

oldandslow
03-03-2009, 07:41 AM
I was one who wanted Cassel from the beginning. So, yeah, I am pretty happy. I don't get the Sanchez love and the odds that Stafford would be there at 3 were/are slim and none. Cutler would be great, but the Donks aren't trading him in the division, so I don't know why he is on the poll.

patteeu
03-03-2009, 07:49 AM

You mean before both his former GM and his former offensive coordinator indicated strong confidence in his ability and a preference for him over the two collegians in the case of his former GM and over Cutler in the case of his former OC?

FD
03-03-2009, 07:56 AM

And McDaniels votes Cassel.

BigCatDaddy
03-03-2009, 07:57 AM
You mean before both his former GM and his former offensive coordinator indicated strong confidence in his ability and a preference for him over the two collegians in the case of his former GM and over Cutler in the case of his former OC?

I think they part about McDaniel wanting to bring him in is the most telling sign of his abilities.

MagicHef
03-03-2009, 08:06 AM

And McDaniels votes Cassel.

This is exactly why a lot of Bronco fans aren't excited about McDaniels right now.

El Jefe
03-03-2009, 08:08 AM
I think they part about McDaniel wanting to bring him in is the most telling sign of his abilities.

Yep. I voted Cassel. To be honest I just wanted a QB. I wanted Stafford or Sanchez, but am pleased as punch we have a QB who has proven he can play at the NFL level. AND we got him, and a Veteran LB for the 34th pick, that is awesome IMO.

talastan
03-03-2009, 08:10 AM
I'd prefer Stafford, but I'm not upset at all by the trade Pioli pulled off for Cassel. I hope he becomes the next Trent Green. :thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-03-2009, 08:11 AM

I'm sure it could have nothing to do with the fact that Cutler is a punk who has a losing record as a starter and that Stafford and Sanchez have never taken an NFL snap and are considered highly over-rated by many good football minds... including those now running the Chiefs. Nope it must just be homerism cause I know you're always right.

El Jefe
03-03-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm sure it could have nothing to do with the fact that Cutler is a punk who has a losing record as a starter and that Stafford and Sanchez have never taken an NFL snap and are considered highly over-rated by many good football minds... including those now running the Chiefs. Nope it must just be homerism cause I know you're always right.

No that couldn't be it :)

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-03-2009, 08:13 AM
No that couldn't be it :)

I know... I'm stupid... it's whatever crap Mecca says.

old_geezer
03-03-2009, 08:13 AM

This is a good reason for my vote for Cassel. I think Stafford has higher potential than Cassel in the long run but the fact that we have Cassel plus our 1st round choice intact is the topper. We have more needs than just a QB and this seems to give us the most bang for our buck.

Also I think Cutler is a head case and I'm not sold on Sanchez with our #3. I'll take Cassel with a #2 round choice over either of these QBs.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 08:16 AM

Maybe I'll be proven wrong on that but that's how I'd have ranked them a month ago and that's how I rank them today.

But, just because YOU would rank them that way a month ago doesn't mean anyone else would.

Especially if you look at the surrounding factors.

If the poll said:

Sanchez with the #3 pick

Trade up to #1 for Stafford giving up the second rounder.

Cassel and Vrabel for the 34th pick,

Or, Vrabel and Cutler for the 34th pick, assuming that we could trade Cassel for Cutler straight up, which I doubt.

Cassel would have ben no worse than second.

And, with his diabetes and the way he has acted at times.... Cassel could have very well been #1, and that is before he acted 'hurt' over the weekend.

I know, if someone thinks that Sanchez will be a bust or unworthy of the #3 pick, they are a 'true fan' and 'scared'. And, now that many are in favor of the move to bring in Cassel given the fact that he AND Vrabel were had for a second.... now they are just doing a 180.

Funny how no one can dissagree with you fundamentally without some alternate motivation.

Yet, you can't understand how so many fans rationalized the idea of getting Sanchez with the #3 pick because he was the guy that would be left on the board.

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm surprised at all the Cutler responses, with the recent behavior he's exhibited....besides the fact he hasn't displayed a very good attitude and never had a winning season. I think he's a good QB, just wouldn't want him on my team.

No shit.:spock:

When did computer monitors start emanating brain-liquefying gamma rays?

rockymtnchief
03-03-2009, 08:20 AM
I voted Cutler. Put duct tape on his mouth and he'd be fine.

But, I'm not going to bitch and hope Cassel is as good as Pioli thinks.

IMO, half the disdain towards Cassel came BEFORE the trade from people thinking KC had to give up their #3 pick to get him. It's a lot easier to get excited for the guy knowing you gave up the 34th pick.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 08:22 AM

But, it isn't just becaue of the uniform. It is because of everything else surrounding it.

#1) Cassel and Vrabel were had for the 34th pick.

#2) The fact that McDaniels and Pioli were both trying to get him says a little about what those closest to him believe.

So, just to recap. The coach closest to Sanchez says he isn't ready for the NFL. The GM and coach closest to Matt Cassel (who doesn't already have Tom Brady) were both trying to trade for him.

Do you see why Chiefs fans opinions may have changed a little considering that a week ago, we thought we would give up the #3 pick, and the head coach of the Broncos wasn't trying to get Cassel to REPLACE Cutler?

Do you see how that isn't hypocritical?

Just more evidence that you tend to rationalize your opinions as opposed to formulating them on the most recent and relevant data.

Basileus777
03-03-2009, 08:24 AM
I'd rank them like this:

Cutler
Stafford
Cassel
Sanchez

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 08:25 AM
I voted Cutler. Put duct tape on his mouth and he'd be fine.

But, I'm not going to bitch and hope Cassel is as good as Pioli thinks.

IMO, half the disdain towards Cassel came BEFORE the trade from people thinking KC had to give up their #3 pick to get him. It's a lot easier to get excited for the guy knowing you gave up the 34th pick.

Does the diabetes concern you at all? I must admit that it does concern me. I thought he was the best QB coming out of that draft, and was really, REALLY dissapointed to see him become a Bronco.

But, with his medical condition, I just wonder if it will affect him. If not in the next couple years, long term when he is 32 or so.

I want a guy for the next 10 years.... and that would concern me.

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I think if the Poll would have been posted prior to the move, most would assume that the Chiefs wouldn't have the #3 pick after the trade. Most would have assumed the Chiefs would have at least had to trade back to #23.

Also, prior to the move, many would have strongly considered Jay Cutler. However, some view the recent antics as a character flaw.

I agree that fans tend to rationalize certain things. That is the only reason that Sanchez had such a strong level of support on here. Everyone knew that Stafford would be gone and figured that Sanchez was the best 'chance' we had. So, they rationalized every flaw, every red flag..... all to convince themselves that Sanchez was worth the #3 pick.

I think Cassel is the best choice for what the Chiefs were able to do to secure his services, and that Pioli has a history with him.

Everyone.....what the fu.....you're saying that...Jesus Tapdancing Christ; NEVERMIND!

Chess.

And I'm sorry for putting you in the same reply as Nonsensical; I really should be flogged for such a travesty.

Chiefnj2
03-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick is a much, much, much better value than Sanchez at #3.

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 08:31 AM
But, it isn't just becaue of the uniform. It is because of everything else surrounding it.

#1) Cassel and Vrabel were had for the 34th pick.

#2) The fact that McDaniels and Pioli were both trying to get him says a little about what those closest to him believe.

So, just to recap. The coach closest to Sanchez says he isn't ready for the NFL. The GM and coach closest to Matt Cassel (who doesn't already have Tom Brady) were both trying to trade for him.

Do you see why Chiefs fans opinions may have changed a little considering that a week ago, we thought we would give up the #3 pick, and the head coach of the Broncos wasn't trying to get Cassel to REPLACE Cutler?

Do you see how that isn't hypocritical?

Just more evidence that you tend to rationalize your opinions as opposed to formulating them on the most recent and relevant data.

Oh god; it's like chewing a wad of tinfoil reading this guy.

If you were an Indian, "Chews On Tinfoil" would be your name.

MagicHef
03-03-2009, 08:33 AM
I voted Sanchez, but only because I don't like the Chiefs.

ChiefGator
03-03-2009, 08:34 AM
I'ld rank them as...

First tier:
1. Cassel (young, still has high ceiling and clearly can handle the NFL.)

Secont tier:
2a. Stafford (so much fun opening little draft presents, but a real unknown, and I mostly watched games were he struggled)
2b. Cutler (not as sold on him as others around here are. Took a perennial playoff team and made it 50-50. Another player whos looks better statistically than he really is. Feels soft to me. Hasn't improved much in his three years. Hit a ceiling I think. )

Third tier:
3. Sanchez.

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick is a much, much, much better value than Sanchez at #3.

It was a nice handshake deal between Pioli and New England, one that was probably discussed long before FA even started, and it's a great addition to the team.

Gives us the instant starter we need, and allows us to hold the 3rd overall for the inevitable draft pick that will make certain factions of this board choke on their Cheerios.

Can't wait!

rockymtnchief
03-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Does the diabetes concern you at all?

I don't know a GM or coach that wouldn't be concerned about it. If he monitors it and controls it, he'll be fine.

ChiefGator
03-03-2009, 08:40 AM
I like the Cassel pickup but Cutler is much better. He's a good version of Brett Favre.

Except that in Brett Favre's third year starting he led his team to the conference championship game and his team had a winning season the first ten years he started, except for one year they were 8-8.

If Cutler somehow wins a super bowl next year, maybe we can talk about him being up to holding Brett's jockstrap.

smittysbar
03-03-2009, 08:46 AM

You would mean the behavior that he was pissed because his team was trying to trade him..........I would hope ANY QB would be pissed, would think it would be a worse character flaw if he didn't care that he was traded.

IMO he is completely justified being upset, and would hope our QB would feel that way too.

smittysbar
03-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Except that in Brett Favre's third year starting he led his team to the conference championship game and his team had a winning season the first ten years he started, except for one year they were 8-8.

If Cutler somehow wins a super bowl next year, maybe we can talk about him being up to holding Brett's jockstrap.

Did they have Swiss cheese for an offense also, or did they lose what, 5 RB's. Not trying to defend a Donk, but to act like this kid hasn't got it, is foolish to say the least.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-03-2009, 08:51 AM

But don't you know conventional "wisdom" says you can ONLY succeed if you draft your own QB? Nevermind that Cassel is young, had a good first year as a starter on a team that expects a lot, has had good coaching, has a good attitude, has actual NFL experince, is actually improving while playing in the NFL, is the kind of guy Pioli likes (I belive Pioli knows a little about the "right" kind of players), and should have a long career ahead of him... No none of that matters, We should draft a guy out of college with none of those charactoristics where the NFL is concerned (aside from being young) and who many people see as over-rated just because we can. Pioli obviously doesn't know what he's doing. Fire him NOW! WE'RE DOOOOOOMED!!!!!!

[runs around like head is on fire]

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 08:58 AM
All things being equal, I rank them:

1) Sanchez
2) Stafford
3) Cassel
4) Cutler

That being said, they're not equal. We got Cassel for the #34 pick, not the #3. He has experience, unlike Sanchez. He doesn't have Stafford's arm, but there's a question whether or not Stafford has "it" and Cassel might still have "it".

Jay Cutler clearly doesn't have "it" and doesn't belong in the discussion.

Reerun_KC
03-03-2009, 09:00 AM
But don't you know conventional "wisdom" says you can ONLY succeed if you draft your own QB? Nevermind that Cassel is young, had a good first year as a starter on a team that expects a lot, has had good coaching, has a good attitude, has actual NFL experince, is actually improving while playing in the NFL, is the kind of guy Pioli likes (I belive Pioli knows a little about the "right" kind of players), and should have a long career ahead of him... No none of that matters, We should draft a guy out of college with none of those charactoristics where the NFL is concerned (aside from being young) and who many people see as over-rated just because we can. Pioli obviously doesn't know what he's doing. Fire him NOW! WE'RE DOOOOOOMED!!!!!!

[runs around like head is on fire]

What is funny is when people arent willing to take risks when its not your idea or thoughts... Sadly, Scott Mitchell v2.0 is just as much as a risk as drafting a 1st round QBoTF.... Yes he "proved" (rejoice true fans I used your favorite saying) something in NE... But can he elevate the talent around him to his level..

If Cassel is going to be the man, he has to be a game changer, not a manager (sorry true fans). He has to be the leader of men and the leader on the field. We need him to make Bowe into a Moss type game changer.. IF Cassel can elevate the team around him to his HOF level. Then it is a good pick up and signing...

But if he turns into what the True Rans want, a game manager, or a Herman Edwards QB. Then he wasnt worth the "risk"....

Kyle DeLexus
03-03-2009, 09:09 AM
We should wait till draft day and if Stafford falls to us flip Cassel for what some of these other teams were willing to spend to get him. Have Stafford another 1st and possibly pick up another pick.

Sure-Oz
03-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Cutler just based off his #'s and what ive seen in person and Cassell has had just 1 year

I like that we have cassell though, i hope he can be our franchise guy

Reerun_KC
03-03-2009, 09:10 AM
We should wait till draft day and if Stafford falls to us flip Cassel for what some of these other teams were willing to spend to get him. Have Stafford another 1st and possibly pick up another pick.

True Fans would have a Heavens Gate type of experience...

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 09:11 AM
What is funny is when people arent willing to take risks when its not your idea or thoughts... Sadly, Scott Mitchell v2.0 is just as much as a risk as drafting a 1st round QBoTF.... Yes he "proved" (rejoice true fans I used your favorite saying) something in NE... But can he elevate the talent around him to his level..

If Cassel is going to be the man, he has to be a game changer, not a manager (sorry true fans). He has to be the leader of men and the leader on the field. We need him to make Bowe into a Moss type game changer.. IF Cassel can elevate the team around him to his HOF level. Then it is a good pick up and signing...

But if he turns into what the True Rans want, a game manager, or a Herman Edwards QB. Then he wasnt worth the "risk"....

Who did Tom Brady turn into a Randy Moss type game changer?

To a certain extent, I agree with you. Cassel isn't 'proven'. Lots of guys have one good year.

Brian Griese was the highest rated passer in the NFL one year. Derek Anderson looked like the next big thing just a season ago.

So, yeah, there is some risk.

The difference is that the Chiefs are risking the #34 pick on a guy that has played well in the NFL. They are also getting a veteran leader for the defense, and they still have the #3 pick.

Tom Brady was considered a game 'manager' for a long time.

Plus, even if he is a 'game manager'.... it doesn't prevent the Chiefs from drafting a guy to develop. It just means that they will have the benefit of time to let the young QB's actually develop instead of rushing them onto the field.

Sure, they won't draft a QB at #3, but since Stafford will be gone, all it is doing is preventing them from reaching for a QB.

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 09:13 AM

Nobody WANTS a game manager. That's crazy talk.

And I doubt he's gonna be a Herm Edwards QB, since that would require he get hurt 3 times in the next 12 months.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 09:13 AM

IF Stafford is there, I would be fine with that. The problem is that most teams would not give up a first for a guy that you got for a second just a few weeks earlier.

No GM wants that on their resume.

Kyle DeLexus
03-03-2009, 09:20 AM
IF Stafford is there, I would be fine with that. The problem is that most teams would not give up a first for a guy that you got for a second just a few weeks earlier.

If Denver trades Cutler, I think they would have interest still. The problem would be it's Denver and KC, so who knows if a deal could be worked out. With as much media hype as that trade just got you could be right, but then again teams get kind of crazy on draft day.

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 09:23 AM

1) Sanchez
2) Stafford
3) Cassel
4) Cutler

That being said, they're not equal. We got Cassel for the #34 pick, not the #3. He has experience, unlike Sanchez. He doesn't have Stafford's arm, but there's a question whether or not Stafford has "it" and Cassel might still have "it".

Finally! Logic in the midst of hair-pulling insanity. Salute! :bravo:

True Fans would have a Heavens Gate type of experience...ROFLROFLROFL

These.

And that's why Cassel is staying right here in KC as our immediate starter.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-03-2009, 09:34 AM

I'll defer to Mr. Pioli's sense for these things. And I don't believe Cassel is the same kind of risk Stafford/Sanchez are.

BigChiefFan
03-03-2009, 09:50 AM

[runs around like head is on fire]Good post, man.

boogblaster
03-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Truthfully Id like either the kid from Texas Tech or the kid from Texas A & M ...

smittysbar
03-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Truthfully Id like either the kid from Texas Tech or the kid from Texas A & M ...

:shake:

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 10:10 AM
:shake:

This.

Reerun_KC
03-03-2009, 10:11 AM
I'll defer to Mr. Pioli's sense for these things. And I don't believe Cassel is the same kind of risk Stafford/Sanchez are.

Thats my point exactly... As long as they are going the route you would prefer, then you will defer to them and support their so called safe choice...

Thanks for proving my point... Rep...

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Thats my point exactly... As long as they are going the route you would prefer, then you will defer to them and support their so called safe choice...

:bravo:

Johnny/Beer Me, you know I dig ya' brother, but ZING!

Von Dumbass
03-03-2009, 10:22 AM

Brett Favre had a stacked team. Robert Brooks, Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, Dorsey Levans, Santana Dotson, Leroy Butler, Reggie White, Gilbert Brown... I can't remember the rest of their D-line but they were dominant.

Cutler is 11-1 when his defense gives up fewer than 23 points.

He is also THIRD all time in rookie QB Rating behind only Big Ben (1) and Dan Marino (2)

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Brett Favre had a stacked team. Robert Brooks, Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, Dorsey Levans, Santana Dotson, Leroy Butler, Reggie White, Gilbert Brown... I can't remember the rest of their D-line but they were dominant.

He is also THIRD all time in rookie QB Rating behind only Big Ben (1) and Dan Marino (2)

Hey man, I hope you guys get it worked out! I like Cutler right where he is.

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM

It goes both ways, Ree.

I see alot of people on here that AREN'T willing to defer to them solely because they DIDN'T go the route they would prefer...

Just Passin' By
03-03-2009, 10:37 AM
The question really isn't a fair one, because people's answer might change depending upon the system that gets implemented. For all the Broncos fans who are pitching hissy fits alongside Nancy, their current starting QB, the simple reality is that Cutler hasn't played in the McDaniels system and Cassel has shown he can succeed in it (albeit with great talent around him). Stafford doesn't appear to have the needed accuracy for the system, at least at this time. Sanchez would seem to be a better fit for the Haley/Pioli offense than Stafford due to his superior accuracy.

On the other hand, If the team were to employ a "bombs away" type of game, Cutler (for those who don't mind the need for diaper changes) or Stafford might be rated higher by people.

Reerun_KC
03-03-2009, 10:38 AM
It goes both ways, Ree.

I see alot of people on here that AREN'T willing to defer to them solely because they DIDN'T go the route they would prefer...

Agree, that is the point....

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 10:48 AM
It goes both ways, Ree.

Agree, that is the point....

Heh heh...We're not at the end of the "route" just yet.

vailpass
03-03-2009, 10:50 AM

I can't believe McDaniel even thought about trading Cutler and picking up bench-boy Cassell. Fuck the Patriots, fuck their system and fuck Junior Josh if he can't run his show any better than this. I'm missing Shanny already.

MahiMike
03-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I'll take whatever we can get for a 2nd-rounder as long as they throw in a pro bowl LB with it...)

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 10:56 AM
I can't believe McDaniel even thought about trading Cutler and picking up bench-boy Cassell. Fuck the Patriots, fuck their system and fuck Junior Josh if he can't run his show any better than this. I'm missing Shanny already.

DCS is here for you, friend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZG-VvlErJY

http://images.main.uab.edu/imedpub/Kleenex.jpg

vailpass
03-03-2009, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=Darth CarlSatan;5550778]DCS is here for you, friend:

Aren't you the clown who lied and said he lived in Pine Top? Where are you this week? Showlow? Gila Bend?
n00b.

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
[quote=Darth CarlSatan;5550778]DCS is here for you, friend:

Aren't you the clown who lied and said he lived in Pine Top? Where are you this week? Showlow? Gila Bend?
n00b.

LMAO I sense the love isn't flowing. Please have another token of my esteem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQtlrBziyzI

vailpass
03-03-2009, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=Darth CarlSatan;5550790][quote=vailpass;5550783]

LMAO I sense the love isn't flowing. Please have another token of my esteem:QUOTE]

In other words you lied, got caught and don't want to talk about it. Back to the kids table you wack job.

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 11:09 AM
[quote=Darth CarlSatan;5550790][quote=vailpass;5550783]

LMAO I sense the love isn't flowing. Please have another token of my esteem:QUOTE]

In other words you lied, got caught and don't want to talk about it. Back to the kids table you wack job.

LMAO
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/07S8eN0U0Qk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/07S8eN0U0Qk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PBJPBJPBJPBJ

beach tribe
03-03-2009, 11:27 AM
The ONLY reason I say Cassel now is the fact that denver's head coach thought enough of him to trade Cutler for him , and Pioli thought enough of him to take him over the rooks. I'm going with Cassel now, because it seems like our coach, AND denver's coach would too.

beach tribe
03-03-2009, 11:29 AM

Doesn't surprise me at all.

patteeu
03-03-2009, 11:29 AM
The ONLY reason I say Cassel now is the fact that denver's head coach thought enough of him to trade Cutler for him , and Pioli thought enough of him to take him over the rooks. I'm going with Cassel now, because it seems like our coach, AND denver's coach would too.

Those types of things don't impress people like Mecca. He's watched these guys play! LOL

MagicHef
03-03-2009, 11:44 AM

I think you must take into account that Denver's Head Coach has shown severe signs of being an idiot.

Delano
03-03-2009, 11:45 AM
I think you must take into account that Denver's Head Coach has shown severe signs of being an idiot.

This is awesome. LMAO

ChiefGator
03-03-2009, 01:03 PM

And Trent Green was something like 4-0 when his defense gave up less than 30 points.

Ryan was one point away from Cutler's rookie QB Rating, and interestingly, Cutler's ranking hasn't increased with experience. It has stayed about the same, or actually drifted down a bit.

I'm not saying he's not in the top 10 of the league, but I'm not throwing him on the pedestal that some are here.

rad
03-03-2009, 03:56 PM
You would mean the behavior that he was pissed because his team was trying to trade him..........I would hope ANY QB would be pissed, would think it would be a worse character flaw if he didn't care that he was traded.

IMO he is completely justified being upset, and would hope our QB would feel that way too.

I agree, but keep it in-house.

Rain Man
03-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I like proven guys, so Cutler would be #1, even though I hate the Broncos.

Probably Stafford #2, then maybe Sanchez over Cassel by a whisker.

evolve27
03-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Always Cassel.

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 06:25 PM
[quote=Darth CarlSatan;5550778]DCS is here for you, friend:

n00b.

Tis a balmy day in olde Pinetop.

<script language="javascript">if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['DNaLIdj8elE-']='&U=13ffep1hu%2fN%3dDNaLIdj8elE-%2fC%3d385205.13241068.13378413.8629072%2fD%3dWCL1%2fB%3d4012299%2fV%3d1'; </script><noscript>http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=aupfmEWTUG.4XeNVSYM.8SbGRVyHAEmt1_oAAqU.&T=17u6tb1u3%2fX%3d1236129786%2fE%3d20078731%2fR%3dwt%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d280 3971111%2fG%3dCnVzCgo-%2fH%3dbG9jaWQ9VVNBWjAxNzIgc2l0ZWlkPXd3dy53ZWF0aGVyLmNvbSBwYWdldmFsdWU9Zm9yZWNhc3QgY29udGVudD0iY2xvd WR5O3RlbXBfNjBfNjk7Ig--%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3dE17CFCD8&U=13ffep1hu%2fN%3dDNaLIdj8elE-%2fC%3d385205.13241068.13378413.8629072%2fD%3dWCL1%2fB%3d4012299%2fV%3d1</noscript>
Pinetop Weather

[/URL]

F | [URL="http://weather.yahoo.com/Pinetop-Arizona-United-States/USAZ0172/forecast.html?unit=c"]C (http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USAZ0172_f.html#changelocation)

Current conditions as of 6:10 pm MST Cloudy

<dl><dt>Feels Like:</dt><dd>61</dd><dt>Barometer:</dt><dd>30.18 in and falling</dd><dt>Humidity:</dt><dd>22%</dd><dt>Visibility:</dt><dd>10 mi</dd><dt>Dewpoint:</dt><dd>21</dd><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>SW 7 mph</dd><dt>Sunrise:</dt><dd>6:45 am</dd><dt>Sunset:</dt><dd>6:18 pm</dd></dl> 61

High: 64 Low: 40

Detailed Forecast (http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USAZ0172_f.html#text)
Records & Averages (http://weather.yahoo.com/Pinetop-Arizona-United-States/USAZ0172/statistics.html)
Get Yahoo! Weath (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=37752/*http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/yahoo-weather)

melbar
03-03-2009, 08:31 PM

Who says "true fans" want that? You "shrew-fans" love saying that whoever doesnt agree with you WANTS mediocrity, or WANTS a game manager. Thats just the typical exaggeration and self-indulgence we've come to expect. What, a rookie who has never played a game in the NFL is automatically a game changer? Cassell didnt have Tom Brady numbers with Bradys team in his first year starting, so he's a mediocre QB? I doubt many 1st year starting QB's would have done better.

I want the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl because I'm a true football fan and a true Chiefs fan. Not a fan of my own posts or Avatar. This isnt directed at you in particular, but the whole class of "let me tell you how smart I ams". Instead of cute nicknames for those who dare to have an oppinion thats not yours, how bout making your point without resorting to attacking and twisting peoples words or latching on to loose comparisons like Scott Mitchell?

milkman
03-04-2009, 06:50 AM

1) Sanchez
2) Stafford
3) Cassel
4) Cutler

This.