PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who thinks Cassel is the next Len Dawson?

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 07:35 AM
I read in Gretz's column this morning that the Chiefs are trying to prevent all the fans from thinking that Cassel is the second coming of Len Dawson. He went on to say that it was impossible, because Chiefs fans already think that.

I am wondering who? Who really thinks that? I like the move because it gives us a good prospect for a second round pick. I like the move because I feel like Cassel is at the very least, a John Kitna type QB who can manage the game. That is a nice 'starting' point. It solidifies the position. They aren't under any pressure to draft a guy early to try to 'solve' a problem. Now, they can draft guys late at the QB position in hopes of developing them down the road.

I don't even look at Cassel as the absolute starter on opening day. Yes, I think it is likely that happens. However, if Thigpen takes a big step forward, and Cassel doesn't look great, then Thigpen 'could' be the guy.

In other words, I don't think that Cassel is the next Len Dawson. I 'hope' Cassel is the next Len Dawson. I think Cassel is still ascending in his career.

Heck, I hope that Cassel is the next Trent Green. Seriously, if Cassel can be as effective in this system as Green was in Saunder's system... then the Chiefs made a great move. Especially considering that Cassel would be able to play for a decade here, or nearly twice as long as Trent Green.

Anyways, I don't get the sense that the Chiefs fans think this guy is the next Len Dawson. Am I wrong? Do you think he is the next Len Dawson?

BigMeatballDave
03-03-2009, 07:40 AM
I really don't know. I just hope we improve this D, so Cassel can lead this team to some wins.

Mecca
03-03-2009, 07:42 AM
I dunno the same people who think Tamba Hali can play OLB?

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Dawson? :spock:

Heck, I'd be pleased as punch if he's the second coming of Trent Green. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2009, 07:50 AM

Out of curriosity, I understand Hali is unlikely to become a OLB--even in the 3-4.

However, how did/does Vrabel get the job done there in your opinion? :shrug:

:hmmm:

MahiMike
03-03-2009, 07:50 AM

Exactly. Trent was the best QB this team ever had (in Al's system).

Cassel is much better than Kitna. I'd say closer to a Brad Johnson when he was with the Vikings.

Pioli Zombie
03-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Len Dawson? How about Otto Graham while we are at it.

One thing the trade has done. It sure has exposed the truly dense media in both cities.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Exactly. Trent was the best QB this team ever had (in Al's system).

Cassel is much better than Kitna. I'd say closer to a Brad Johnson when he was with the Vikings.

Glad to know we could have had Stafford instead of Brad Johnson with the Vikings.

Mecca
03-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Glad to know we could have had Stafford instead of Brad Johnson with the Vikings.

Yea no kidding.

I enjoyed all the 180 views that happened in a finger snap.

MOhillbilly
03-03-2009, 08:07 AM
http://www.hattscrib.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/the-deer-hunter.avi-0051814261.jpg

chiefs1111
03-03-2009, 08:07 AM
The people that think Cassel is the next Len Dawson must be smoking some good stuff

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 08:13 AM

I thought I was the only one, and I don't think he is the next Len Dawson... so, can't be me.

Maybe it is the same people who thought Sanchez was worth the #3 pick.

Planetman
03-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Only Lenny Dawson will ever be Lenny Dawson. That being said, the first time Cassle throws an interception, half of the goobers on this board will start calling him Casshole.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Out of curriosity, I understand Hali is unlikely to become a OLB--even in the 3-4.

However, how did/does Vrabel get the job done there in your opinion? :shrug:

:hmmm:

Because Vrabel is much bigger and faster than Tamba Hali... oh, wait.

I don't know, how did he do it for so long and be such a key member of three Championship teams and one team that was undefeated going into the Super Bowl?

Mecca
03-03-2009, 08:18 AM
HGH and roids make Mike Vrabel good, he was complete balls in Pittsburgh...

Don't take this post at face value either but dude has a huge jaw/chin so if you asked me if he ever did HGH I would judging on that say possibly.

Pioli Zombie
03-03-2009, 08:20 AM
How about another obscure to people under 50 reference

He's a cross between John Brodie and Daryl Lamonica
Posted via Mobile Device

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 08:25 AM

#1) I don't think Stafford will be available. So, I dont' think the Chiefs could have had Stafford.

#2) The Chiefs certainly could not have taken Stafford with the 34th pick.

#3) The Chiefs would have had to give up at least a late round pick to get Vrabel.

#4) Finally, I liked Stafford. I think he is the cream of the crop and that is the only QB that I would have liked to see at #3. With THAT said, time will tell how good the guy is. Maybe he is the next John Elway, which is who he reminds me of, and who I think he will compare to. Or, maybe he is the next Ryan Leaf.

Either way, the Chiefs have two solid players for the 34th pick AND they can still take a stud at #3, OR trade down and acquire more picks.

Oh, and I think the only way they get Stafford is to trade up, but I could be wrong.

Ultra Peanut
03-03-2009, 08:27 AM
I think you're fucking retarded.

Dave Lane
03-03-2009, 08:28 AM

What kind of complete deluded moron could possibly believe anything so painfully retarded?

Mecca
03-03-2009, 08:28 AM
What kind of complete deluded moron could possibly believe anything so painfully retarded?

The guy who started this thread thinks it...

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Yea no kidding.

I enjoyed all the 180 views that happened in a finger snap.

I think a ton of people would have chosen to get Cassel and Vrabel with the 34th pick over drafting Stafford or Sanchez with the #3 pick.

I think most thought that the Chiefs would lose their #3 pick to get him. If nothing else, trading back to #23.

I think if said the Chiefs would get Vrabel and Cassel for #34 AND still keep the #3, there would have been massive support.

There was support when it was reported the Chiefs traded for Vrabel. Many said a fifth or lower for just Vrabel was 'good value'.

I know being intellectually honest isn't your thing, as evidenced by your man love for Sanchez.... but at least try.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 08:32 AM

I do. In fact, I think he will be a good player in this scheme. The great news is that we get to find out in a few months just how 'retarded' I am.

Pioli Zombie
03-03-2009, 08:33 AM
I heard Tamba Hali is being tried out at free safety
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
03-03-2009, 08:35 AM
The guy who started this thread thinks it...

That would be so awesome! Hali chasing some TE or a slot WR. Think of the YouTube moments that could bring.

Tipford
03-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Lets not jump off the deep end here. I don't want Cassell to be the 2nd coming of Len Dawson. I just want him to be himself, and first help lead the Chiefs back to the playoffs. That should be our first concern. Once there, then we can worry about him leading the Chiefs to the promiseland of the Superbowl.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 08:39 AM
That would be so awesome! Hali chasing some TE or a slot WR. Think of the YouTube moments that could bring.

OLB in a 3-4, not a 4-3.

Big difference. Not sure if you are aware.

Pioli Zombie
03-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Tamba Hali: Shutdown corner
Posted via Mobile Device

rad
03-03-2009, 08:46 AM
This guy does:

QuikSsurfer
03-03-2009, 08:49 AM
This guy does:

"I got a goo gooo goood brain"

Skip Towne
03-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Is Cassel the seventh son of a seventh son? Lenny is.

HypnotizedMonkey
03-03-2009, 09:02 AM
What # will Cassel wear?

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 09:05 AM
I read in Gretz's column this morning that the Chiefs are trying to prevent all the fans from thinking that Cassel is the second coming of Len Dawson. He went on to say that it was impossible, because Chiefs fans already think that.

I am wondering who? Who really thinks that? I like the move because it gives us a good prospect for a second round pick. I like the move because I feel like Cassel is at the very least, a John Kitna type QB who can manage the game. That is a nice 'starting' point. It solidifies the position. They aren't under any pressure to draft a guy early to try to 'solve' a problem. Now, they can draft guys late at the QB position in hopes of developing them down the road.

I don't even look at Cassel as the absolute starter on opening day. Yes, I think it is likely that happens. However, if Thigpen takes a big step forward, and Cassel doesn't look great, then Thigpen 'could' be the guy.

In other words, I don't think that Cassel is the next Len Dawson. I 'hope' Cassel is the next Len Dawson. I think Cassel is still ascending in his career.

Heck, I hope that Cassel is the next Trent Green. Seriously, if Cassel can be as effective in this system as Green was in Saunder's system... then the Chiefs made a great move. Especially considering that Cassel would be able to play for a decade here, or nearly twice as long as Trent Green.

Anyways, I don't get the sense that the Chiefs fans think this guy is the next Len Dawson. Am I wrong? Do you think he is the next Len Dawson?

And I got MY fucking thread-start privileges yanked?!:doh!:

Good God...:spock:

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 09:07 AM
And I got MY ****ing thread-start privileges yanked?!:doh!:

Why did you get yours yanked?

Mr. Arrowhead
03-03-2009, 09:11 AM
So anyone thinking that Cassel is the next Len Dawson is saying that he is a Hall of Famer, that is a little bit unreasonable expectation. How bout lets start by getting something we havent gotten in 16 years and thats a playoff win.

talastan
03-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Has the potential to be maybe Trent Green. There will never be another person like Lenny Dawson to the Chiefs. I hope Cassel is able to begin his own Chiefs legacy. :thumb:

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Why did you get yours yanked?

For being stupid.

And that said, stupid comes in many nuances and flavors.

Garcia Bronco
03-03-2009, 09:15 AM
The next Len Dawson will have to come by at some point. Why not now.

ChiefRon
03-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Hey, at this point I'll be happy as long as he's not the next Scott Mitchell.

Well, err...not really.

EyePod
03-03-2009, 09:26 AM
I think either him or Thigpen can be. Thigpen would have had a MUCH better season last year had we put out an actual defense.

Reerun_KC
03-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Hey, at this point I'll be happy as long as he's not the next Scott Mitchell.

Well, err...not really.

This....

Chiefnj2
03-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Based on his one year as a starter I think Cassel is good enough to be a systems QB that can get KC into the playoffs and win a game or two.

StcChief
03-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Lets not jump off the deep end here. I don't want Cassell to be the 2nd coming of Len Dawson. I just want him to be himself, and first help lead the Chiefs back to the playoffs. That should be our first concern. Once there, then we can worry about him leading the Chiefs to the promiseland of the Superbowl.this.

don't judge early, why don't arm chair GM's here let Pioli run the team and see what happens.

rockymtnchief
03-03-2009, 09:54 AM
A better thread would've been, "Who thinks LJ is the next OJ?"

Cassel has a lot to prove before he can be compared to any Hall of Famer.

The Bad Guy
03-03-2009, 09:57 AM
It's good to know that Mecca and Hamas will turn every Cassel thread into a Stafford love fest.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 10:01 AM
A better thread would've been, "Who thinks LJ is the next OJ?"

Cassel has a lot to prove before he can be compared to any Hall of Famer.

I am much closer to believing that LJ would kill his exwife than Cassel would be a Hall of Famer.

With LJ's history of domestic abuse, it isn't much of a leap.

jAZ
03-03-2009, 10:05 AM

That's what people expect he will be. Now if Trent had won a Super Bowl... ? But he didn't even get a win in the playoffs. :sulk:

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Based on his one year as a starter I think Cassel is good enough to be a systems QB that can get KC into the playoffs and win a game or two.

That might just be his FLOOR, too.

He's still developing. Like I've said before, it's really the best of both worlds.

He's semi-established and can run an NFL offense. But he's 26 and still learning.

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 10:08 AM
I think either him or Thigpen can be. Thigpen would have had a MUCH better season last year had we put out an actual defense.

A good defense isn't going to help Thigpen be more accurate or learn to take snaps from a traditional formation.

The guy has GLARING flaws in his game that have everything to do with HIM, not his line, his receivers, his defense, or his coaches.

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 10:15 AM
That's what people expect he will be. Now if Trent had won a Super Bowl... ? But he didn't even get a win in the playoffs. :sulk:

They're really aiming high, aren't they? :rolleyes:

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 10:22 AM
They're really aiming high, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Few could logically say that Green was the reason the Chiefs didn't win a Super Bowl.

All the Stafford and Sanchez over Curry Arguments were based on if Sanchez or Stafford were just 'top 10' QB's in the NFL, then they are worth more than the best linebacker in the NFL.

Trent Green was top ten in four of the five years he started a full season. He was probably top five in those for years, but easily top ten.

Pioli Zombie
03-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Like I've asked before and was never answered. Did Trent Green keep the Chiefs from winning the Super Bowl in 2003?

No. That offense was championship caliber. The defense sucked. If that D could have stopped ANYTHING the Chiefs would have beaten the Colts and most likely could have gone all the way and everyone here would be hailing Trent Green as a 4,000 yard Super Bowl Champion.
Posted via Mobile Device

boogblaster
03-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Green had a great Oline ... Lenny had a great team ... Cassel will need a great team too ... Things have changed you have to have both O and D to compete ...

Pioli Zombie
03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Green had a great Oline ... Lenny had a great team ... Cassel will need a great team too ... Things have changed you have to have both O and D to compete ...
Point being there is no basis to bashing Green as a guy couldn't win a sb. He would have had he had a defense.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Can we talk about something more interesting than Trent Green, say...feminine hygiene products?

:D

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Like I've asked before and was never answered. Did Trent Green keep the Chiefs from winning the Super Bowl in 2003?

No. That offense was championship caliber. The defense sucked. If that D could have stopped ANYTHING the Chiefs would have beaten the Colts and most likely could have gone all the way and everyone here would be hailing Trent Green as a 4,000 yard Super Bowl Champion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriots would have bitch slapped that team in Foxboro even if we had beaten the Colts.

beach tribe
03-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I would JIMP if he was as effective as green. We're gonna have to have a lot more O-linemen if we expect that to happen.

beach tribe
03-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Patriots would have bitch slapped that team in Foxboro even if we had beaten the Colts.

I bet that team would have dropped 28 on their ass though.

58kcfan89
03-03-2009, 12:11 PM
How about we just let Cassel be the first Matt Cassel? There won't ever be another Derrick Thomas or Len Dawson, so why can't we move forward with the guys we have now? I'm not asking you to forget our past greats, but why does Cassel have to be the "next" anybody?

DeezNutz
03-03-2009, 12:15 PM

He's still developing. Like I've said before, it's really the best of both worlds.

He's semi-established and can run an NFL offense. But he's 26 and still learning.

I need some of this optimism. I see Cassel, who will be 27 in May, as Trent Green, at best. And though one could do far worse, I'm ready for a "franchise" guy and not another "system" guy. Someone whose play doesn't drastically fall off when his line is no longer other-worldly.

Hope I'm wrong about Cassel.

A good defense isn't going to help Thigpen be more accurate or learn to take snaps from a traditional formation.

The guy has GLARING flaws in his game that have everything to do with HIM, not his line, his receivers, his defense, or his coaches.

Couldn't agree more.

The best thing that could happen for Thigpen would be for people to stop talking about him. Stay off the radar and work on trying to develop because he needs A LOT of work at this point.

beach tribe
03-03-2009, 12:15 PM
How about we just let Cassel be the first Matt Cassel? There won't ever be another Derrick Thomas or Len Dawson, so why can't we move forward with the guys we have now? I'm not asking you to forget our past greats, but why does Cassel have to be the "next" anybody?

I agree, but everybody is always the next somebody, because somebody is always going to compare somebody to somebody, and everybody to everybody, but you don't have to be that somebody, who compares somebody to everybody. Got It?

58kcfan89
03-03-2009, 12:32 PM
I agree, but everybody is always the next somebody, because somebody is always going to compare somebody to somebody, and everybody to everybody, but you don't have to be that somebody, who compares somebody to everybody. Got It?

ROFL yeah I got it...

beach tribe
03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
ROFL yeah I got it...

Welcome nOOb. If you have an opinion, share it. No matter how hard we beat for it.

RippedmyFlesh
03-03-2009, 12:45 PM
There will never be another lenny dawson it was a different era. It was nfl vs afl. The afl proved 3 yards and a cloud of dust isn't the only game in town. Thats why there will never be another lenny in terms of his epic hero status but there will be a super bowl winning qb for my beloved chiefs soon.

keg in kc
03-03-2009, 12:47 PM
I think the 'system QB' thing is thrown around way too much. It's not a matter of 'system QB' versus 'franchise quarterback', it's a matter of 'good quarterback' versus 'bad quarterback'. Every quarterback is a system quarterback; every quarterback has a comfort zone, they all have a specific system that fits their attributes. Obvious physical requirements aside (if you can't make the throws you'll never be anything...) greatness comes mostly from intangibles like an ability to see the field and make the right reads quickly, and an ability to sense pressure and know when it's time to get the hell out of the pocket or throw the ball away. Regardless of what system a guy plays in.

If Cassel succeeds here, it'll be because he's good. And because they've put good players around him. And because the system elevates the play of all 11 guys. Because it takes all of that for a guy to become a franchise quarterback. It's like that with everybody, from Brees to Brady to Manning to Ryan to Rivers.

If he doesn't have those intangibles, than, well, no amount of system magic will turn a turd into a diamond.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 12:48 PM

He may not be Len Dawson, but that's not the real question.

The question is, could he win a SB if we had a defense as good as the 69 Chiefs?

Chiefnj2
03-03-2009, 12:52 PM

Exactly. Based on one year he's shown he can get a good team 11 wins. He still has room to improve. He still has room to slide.

I don't think being a systems QB is a bad thing. IMHO, almost every QB is a systems QB. Montana was, Brady is and Cassel will likely be one also.

DeezNutz
03-03-2009, 12:55 PM
I think the 'system QB' thing is thrown around way too much. It's not a matter of 'system QB' versus 'franchise quarterback', it's a matter of 'good quarterback' versus 'bad quarterback'. Every quarterback is a system quarterback; every quarterback has a comfort zone, they all have a specific system that fits their attributes. Obvious physical requirements aside (if you can't make the throws you'll never be anything...) greatness comes mostly from intangibles like an ability to see the field and make the right reads quickly, and an ability to sense pressure and know when it's time to get the hell out of the pocket or throw the ball away. Regardless of what system a guy plays in.

If Cassel succeeds here, it'll be because he's good. And because they've put good players around him. And because the system elevates the play of all 11 guys. Because it takes all of that for a guy to become a franchise quarterback. It's like that with everybody, from Brees to Brady to Manning to Ryan to Rivers.

If he doesn't have those intangibles, than, well, no amount of system magic will turn a turd into a diamond.

There's merit in what you're saying here. My interpretation, however, is that the franchise vs. system debate has become a euphemism for elite talent vs. above average/serviceable.

This is a more nuanced argument, but not wholly different, from the good/bad terms you use above.

RippedmyFlesh
03-03-2009, 12:55 PM
He may not be Len Dawson, but that's not the real question.

The question is, could he win a SB if we had a defense as good as the 69 Chiefs?
Another way to look at it is " Is he a good enough qb to beat the best defense? at the time (which minnesota was when lenny played today could be the giants in the sb while matt is playing )
The 69 chief's defense was filled with HOF's but an average qb doesn't score enough points against minnesota to win it.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 12:56 PM

Another system QB who can't do jackshit without a Hall of Fame line blocking for him?

No thanks.

RippedmyFlesh
03-03-2009, 01:03 PM
He won't put up greens numbers but I don't think it's a stretch to think matt could turnout better than green.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Another system QB who can't do jackshit without a Hall of Fame line blocking for him?

No thanks.

Ne never got the chance to do jack shit without a Hall of Fame line.

It looked bad for all few quarters it happened, but we'll still never know.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Ne never got the chance to do jack shit without a Hall of Fame line.

It looked bad for all few quarters it happened, but we'll still never know.

Uh, 2001?

That was more than a "few" quarters.

Tiger's Fan
03-03-2009, 01:37 PM

:deevee:

Tiger's Fan
03-03-2009, 01:46 PM
And I got MY ****ing thread-start privileges yanked?!:doh!:

You did? WTF is this, Christmas?

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Uh, 2001?

First year doesn't count... :-)

Tiger's Fan
03-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Len Dawson sucks, after all, we didn't draft him.

Chiefnj2
03-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Uh, 2001?

Snoop, Parker and Alexander had great careers after 2001.

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 02:17 PM

No thanks.

Mmm...wisdom. :hmmm:;)

You did? WTF is this, Christmas?

Yes. In September. Way to be on the ball, there Reero! :thumb:

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM

Actually, the Chiefs would have matched up well with the Pats at the time. I am not saying they would have won, but they would have at least made it interesting.

Rausch
03-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Actually, the Chiefs would have matched up well with the Pats at the time. I am not saying they would have won, but they would have at least made it interesting.

Didn't we lose to them in OT like the year before?...

MadMax
03-03-2009, 02:29 PM
I do. In fact, I think he will be a good player in this scheme. The great news is that we get to find out in a few months just how 'retarded' I am.

Eeeeew, fun times ahead for you.. :) I predict he will be what he is, a not so good QB. I hope I am wrong.

Darth CarlSatan
03-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Eeeeew, fun times ahead for you.. :) I predict he will be what he is, a not so good QB. I hope I am wrong.

I feel like a kid waiting for the latest gaming console for Christmas.

In August.

MadMax
03-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I feel like a kid waiting for the latest gaming console for Christmas.

In August.

Should be very entertaining here ;) I can't wait.

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Snoop, Parker and Alexander had great careers after 2001.

Chris Thomas FTW! ROFL

JohnnyV13
03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Wow...don't you get how clever Gretz is? He's hoping to make us THINK Cassel is the next Len Dawson by saying he hopes the fans don't think that.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Wow...don't you get how clever Gretz is? He's hoping to make us THINK Cassel is the next Len Dawson by saying he hopes the fans don't think that.

This is classic psychology. Like saying that I am not as good looking as Johnny Depp... Now, you're already associating the two of us, whereas before, there was absolutely NO correlation whatsoever.

milkman
03-04-2009, 08:13 AM

From a physical standpoint, the comparison has merit.

Neither had/have exceptional arms, both were/are prototypical pocket passers who had/have enough mobility to escape the rush.

Both were/are accurate in the short to intermediate passing game.

Lenny threw a better deep ball, though, and he was the unquestioned leader of his Chiefs teams.
He also was as cool in pressure situations as any QB to ever play the game.

The fact that both were backups for years before moving to the Chiefs and getting the chance to be the team's starter also leads Gretz to that comparison.

Cassel has a long way to go before the comparison can gain any legs.

ChiefsNow
04-29-2012, 02:06 AM
From a physical standpoint, the comparison has merit.

Neither had/have exceptional arms, both were/are prototypical pocket passers who had/have enough mobility to escape the rush.

Both were/are accurate in the short to intermediate passing game.

Lenny threw a better deep ball, though, and he was the unquestioned leader of his Chiefs teams.
He also was as cool in pressure situations as any QB to ever play the game.

The fact that both were backups for years before moving to the Chiefs and getting the chance to be the team's starter also leads Gretz to that comparison.

Cassel has a long way to go before the comparison can gain any legs.

Good point :thumb:

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 02:12 AM
I really don't know. I just hope we improve this D, so Cassel can lead this team to some wins.LOL

-King-
04-29-2012, 02:20 AM
Why the fuck was this bumped?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefspants
04-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Lol, there are some terrific nuggets in here.

Well, at least we were wrong about Tamba, if only we could say the same thing about Mark Castle..

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 02:38 AM

LOL Ouch

ChiefsNow
04-29-2012, 02:54 AM
To think I was happy about getting Cassel at this time.:banghead:

Fruit Ninja
04-29-2012, 05:47 AM

lol!

bevischief
04-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Just ban them...

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Cassel is at the very least, a John Kitna type QB who can manage the game.

Jon Kitna career stats:

60.3 %
6.7 YPA

Matt Cassel career stats:

59%
6.6 YPA

:facepalm:

KCChiefsFan88
04-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Cassel is more like Lake Dawson than Len Dawson

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2012, 09:31 AM

Brad Johnson career stats:

61.7%
6.7 YPA

Brad Johnson when he was with the Vikings

61.6%
7.2 YPA

Matt Cassel career stats:

59%
6.6 YPA

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2012, 09:39 AM
BTW, Matt Cassel career CHIEFS stats:

57.1%
6.39 YPA

http://behindblondiepark.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/jon-kitna1.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/557/325/1845008_display_image.jpg?1291951498

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Cassel is more like Lake Dawson than Len Dawson

Career playoff appearances

Lake Dawson: 3
Matt Cassel: 1

BoneKrusher
04-29-2012, 09:42 AM

very interesting LMAO

KCChiefsFan88
04-29-2012, 09:49 AM

Shit, Cassel can't even compare to Lake Dawson.

Coogs
04-29-2012, 09:51 AM
I read in Gretz's column this morning that the Chiefs are trying to prevent all the fans from thinking that Cassel is the second coming of Len Dawson.

So he is going to be a Sportscaster? Who knew? :shrug:

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't think it's a stretch to think matt could turnout better than green.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_Bfgd297oBv0/R-Fjab-aUcI/AAAAAAAAJ2M/eqLxE9qU3ZY/s320/NM_GREEN_070606_ms.jpg

Matt Cassel career CHIEFS stats:

57.1%
6.39 YPA

Trent Green career Chiefs stats:

61.9%
7.7 YPA

boogblaster
04-29-2012, 09:54 AM
ima gettin' sick .. again .....

KCChiefsFan88
04-29-2012, 09:57 AM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_Bfgd297oBv0/R-Fjab-aUcI/AAAAAAAAJ2M/eqLxE9qU3ZY/s320/NM_GREEN_070606_ms.jpg

57.1%
6.39 YPA

61.9%
7.7 YPA

Give Trent Green the Chiefs current defense and it is reasonable to think they could have made a legit Super Bowl run.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2012, 09:59 AM
How about we just let Cassel be the first Matt Cassel?

According to his Chiefs stats he's roughly the second Steve Bono.

BoneKrusher
04-29-2012, 10:01 AM

57.1%
6.39 YPA

61.9%
7.7 YPA

Trent was surrounded with a great cast on offense but the defense couldn't stop a team led by Pee Wee Herman.

milkman
04-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Wow what a shock, you are spewing Fat Scott's talking points that the Chiefs don't have any immediate needs to fill on the roster.

Teams like the NY Giants don't have immediate needs and can afford to draft strictly for depth in the early parts ot he draft.

Teams like the Chiefs who are coming off a 7-9 season and set the franchise record for fewest points scored per game don't have that luxury.

Give Trent Green the Chiefs current defense and it is reasonable to think they could have made a legit Super Bowl run.

On the one hand, I am "spewing Fat Scott's talking points".

On the other, this team, with Trent Green, could make a legit SB run.

Which is it?

whoman69
04-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Trent was surrounded with a great cast on offense but the defense couldn't stop a team led by Pee Wee Herman.

I know you are, but what am I...Francis

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2012, 01:06 PM
I think you're fucking retarded.

http://i.imgur.com/L0qfX.gif

Bowser
04-29-2012, 01:21 PM

Those '03 and '04 teams with our current defense would have been unstoppable.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2012, 01:56 PM
I would rather have 42* year old Trent Green than 30 year old Matt Cassel.

* :deevee:

KCChiefsFan88
04-29-2012, 02:31 PM
On the one hand, I am "spewing Fat Scott's talking points".

On the other, this team, with Trent Green, could make a legit SB run.

Which is it?

JFC You are a dumbshit.

Let's walk through this nice and slowly so even someone at your advanced age can comprehend.

What position did Trent Green play? QB

Where is the Chiefs biggest hole on their roster? QB

What is the most important position in the NFL currently towards winning a Super Bowl? QB

Al Bundy
04-29-2012, 02:44 PM
According to his Chiefs stats he's roughly the second Steve Bono.

But does he like Kansas City's restaurant's?

okcchief
04-29-2012, 02:52 PM
He's not the next Lake Dawson. Give me a fucking break.

Guru
04-29-2012, 02:55 PM

57.1%
6.39 YPA

61.9%
7.7 YPA

Difference being, Trent Green knew how to manage an offense.

milkman
04-29-2012, 02:56 PM
JFC You are a dumbshit.

Let's walk through this nice and slowly so even someone at your advanced age can comprehend.

What position did Trent Green play? QB

Where is the Chiefs biggest hole on their roster? QB

What is the most important position in the NFL currently towards winning a Super Bowl? QB

I am not the dipshit who doesn't get it.

On the one hand, you bitch about that lack of talent on this roster, telling me that I "spew Fat Scott's tlking points.

On the other, you claim that Trent Green would be capable of leading this team to a SB.

QB is our biggest hole.
Everyone knows that.

But you don't get to SB with a roster devoid of talent, even with an outstanding QB.

So, which is it?
Is this team lacking the talent, or is this team that is a QB away from contending?

You can't have it both ways, dipshit.

Dave Lane
04-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Lol, there are some terrific nuggets in here.

Well, at least we were wrong about Tamba, if only we could say the same thing about Mark Castle..

Well mine at least was at least kind of tongue in cheek I thought there was a chance Tamba could pull it off.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Well mine at least was at least kind of tongue in cheek I thought there was a chance Tamba could pull it off.

Yeah.

Mecca was ADAMANT that Hali could not play OLB. There are several posts to prove it.

He avoids this topic like the Plague.

Simply Red
04-29-2012, 10:34 PM

What a fraudulent google searcher you are. Your football opinions are turds.

Psyko Tek
04-29-2012, 10:42 PM
I thin Cassell can be the next MItch Holthiss