PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Engram visiting KC

Huffman83
03-03-2009, 09:01 AM
According to the NFL network. It came up on the bottom ticker. Bobby Engram visiting KC today.

Hi....I mean....36 year old WR Bobby Engram........:rolleyes:

SenselessChiefsFan
03-03-2009, 09:02 AM
According to the NFL network. It came up on the bottom ticker. Bobby Engram visiting KC today.

Hi....I mean....36 year old WR Bobby Engram........:rolleyes:

Hey, they said they weren't quite done filling out the coaching staff!

Huffman83
03-03-2009, 09:03 AM
zing!!!

BigChiefFan
03-03-2009, 09:03 AM
WTF? I'd rather look to the CFL than make this move.

Detoxing
03-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Shrug, maybe he makes a good slot receiver?

Goapics1
03-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Thought he was retired.

Reerun_KC
03-03-2009, 09:06 AM
ROFL that is funny!

He has something left in the tank, He can show someone some ropes, bring him in for a look!

ROFL

StcChief
Vet min? cannon / camp fodder.

Mr. Flopnuts
Engram isn't going to cost much and his production in Seattle has been better than anyone imagined. A lot of that had to do with the decimation of the receiving corps last year, but he's been very productive since he got there. Some veteran leadership on this team at the right price isn't going to hurt. He'll also prove to be a good target for Cassel. This wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

Huffman83
03-03-2009, 09:07 AM
I guess that means Jason Taylor or Vonnie Holliday could make an appearance since KC's willing to take more over the hill players.

Reerun_KC
03-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Youngest roster to oldest roster in a matter of 3 months!

ROFL....

ChiefRon
03-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Engram isn't going to cost much and his production in Seattle has been better than anyone imagined. A lot of that had to do with the decimation of the receiving corps last year, but he's been very productive since he got there. Some veteran leadership on this team at the right price isn't going to hurt. He'll also prove to be a good target for Cassel. This wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

I would tend to agree, his production has been more than anyone was expecting from him, even though he's old I think this would be a decent move, especially for close to veteran min = no risk

ChiefRon
03-03-2009, 09:10 AM
I guess that means Jason Taylor or Vonnie Holliday could make an appearance since KC's willing to take more over the hill players.

The Patriots way!

Mr. Arrowhead
03-03-2009, 09:12 AM
I dont have a problem with this as long as its for the Vet min

L.A. Chieffan
03-03-2009, 09:13 AM
sippios available

Pioli Zombie
03-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Sheeesh. Relax people. Its not like he's coming in to be the #1 receiver. if its for the veteran min what does it hurt
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
This is exactly what I was expecting them to do.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=203540

htismaqe
Sheeesh. Relax people. Its not like he's coming in to be the #1 receiver. if its for the veteran min what does it hurt
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly.

DaKCMan AP
03-03-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't see the field much except in limited 3 WR sets and in 4 WR sets. He can be valuable in the locker room and on the practice field, but I'd rather have Franklin, Bradley and whoever we draft to get the in-game experience.

Hog Farmer
03-03-2009, 09:26 AM
I would have rather spent the money on Housh or washington!

nychief
03-03-2009, 09:29 AM
he is a backup... a vet who has had success in the past... I don't have a problem with this, as long as we don't pay too much. Might be good for the Franklin's on the roster.

raybec 4
03-03-2009, 09:29 AM
I would wager we'll get more out of Engram at 36 than Webb and Darling combined.

CoMoChief
03-03-2009, 09:30 AM

To be fair Vonnie Holliday has played better than any chiefs DL outside Jared Allen, since he left here initially.

CoMoChief
03-03-2009, 09:31 AM
I would have MUCH rather had Marvin Harrison, since age obvioulsy isn't an issue here.

Goapics1
03-03-2009, 09:31 AM
I would have MUCH rather had Marvin Harrison, since age obvioulsy isn't an issue here.

He won't sign fo vet minimum.

raybec 4
03-03-2009, 09:32 AM

I'm sure price is a huge factor there.

Just Passin' By
03-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Unless he's coming in to be the team's #1 WR, what's the big deal? The year before last, he caught 94 passes. It's not as if the Chiefs can't afford to eat any wasted salary if he's completely shot and can't make the team.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Marvin Harrison is a grade A cocksucker. At least Bobby Engram could provide a locker room presence. Anything over the vet minimum is too much, though.

BigChiefFan
03-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Apparently Scott thinks the teams needs some veteran leadership. I don't like the move, but I can see why they would go this route.

Mr. Flopnuts
Engram isn't going to sign for the vet minimum. He's leaving Seattle over money and was disenfranchised last year over his contract. He's in no way going to break KC's bank over the next year or two though, this won't be a bad move. At all.

Short Leash Hootie
Youngest roster to oldest roster in a matter of 3 months!

ROFL....
God forbid we bring in some veterans to go along with all of the youth we have on the roster...

JFC

Who gives a shit if we have 10 people over 30 on the roster?

raybec 4
03-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Marvin Harrison is a grade A cocksucker. At least Bobby Engram could provide a locker room presence. Anything over the vet minimum is too much, though.

You mean the shooting incident overshadows his good guy persona? Wow, just because a gun he owned was involved in a shooting on his property doesn't mean he had anything to do with it!! It wouldn't surprise me to hear he and Plexico have started their own gun club.

Pioli Zombie
03-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Again its the pattern in 2001 the Patriots brought in about 15 cheap veterans to bring up the talent level and mentor the kids thru traing camp then the ones that couldn't help they let go and the ones that could contribute stayed and it worked. That's how Roman Pfifer and Mike Compton helped so much

Engram isn't going to be the star brought in. He's just a part.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2009, 09:39 AM
You mean the shooting incident overshadows his good guy persona? Wow, just because a gun he owned was involved in a shooting on his property doesn't mean he had anything to do with it!! It wouldn't surprise me to hear he and Plexico have started their own gun club.

Or the fact that he choked a kid at the Pro Bowl...

nychief
03-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Does Brian Waters approve of this potential signing?

Goapics1
03-03-2009, 09:41 AM

Isn't that part of the Pro Bowl "Experience"?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2009, 09:41 AM

Yeah but who hasn't choked a bitch at some point in their life?

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2009, 09:42 AM
I think Bowe and Bradley with Engram in the slot and Tony Gonzalez + Brad Cottam at TE is a pretty good set of weapons for Matt Cassell.

If we shore up the offensive line a bit, offense shouldn't be a problem for the 2009 Chiefs...I eagerly await watching this defense, though.

mightyphoenix1
The problem I see with this possible pick up is that he will be a number 3 or 4 WR and those guys typically have a role on special teams and with Engram you know he'll probably not want to play special teams and I doubt he'll sign for the vet min.

raybec 4

Ooooh I missed that completely, was it a fan?

Goapics1
03-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Ooooh I missed that completely, was it a fan?

No, some kid approached Marvin seeking an autograph. Marvin choked him.

raybec 4
03-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Awesome, fuck that kid anyway, he probably needed to have a drink spit on him

Micjones
03-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Not sure I understand this.
There are younger more productive veterans available at WR.

Woodrow Call
03-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Alot worse players to blow money on, he has always been solid. Having a crafty vet around certainly wouldn't hurt Bowe, Franklin, etc.

BigChiefFan
03-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Two words: Troy Brown

tomahawk kid
03-03-2009, 10:02 AM

Seriously?

Goapics1
03-03-2009, 10:04 AM

Retired.

Reerun_KC
03-03-2009, 10:05 AM
God forbid we bring in some veterans to go along with all of the youth we have on the roster...

JFC

WTF are you whining about now?

Reerun_KC
03-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Does Brian Waters approve of this potential signing?

Yeah I heard he was all choked up over it...

Micjones
03-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Alot worse players to blow money on, he has always been solid. Having a crafty vet around certainly wouldn't hurt Bowe, Franklin, etc.

I would rather a guy like Laveranues Coles or Amani Toomer.

Goapics1
03-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Seriously?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113167

BigChiefFan
03-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Retired.
Our version of...

RustShack
03-03-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm kinda surprised we haven't brought in Marty Booker, hes only 32(four years younger than Engram) and worked under Haley with the Bears.

DaWolf
03-03-2009, 10:14 AM
It's about creating competition, and when you bring in veterans who know the game, and force guys like Jeff Webb to actually have to raise their game up and compete for a roster spot, you wind up with a better football team. Herm's method of throwing a bunch of young guys together and handing them jobs didn't really get us anywhere...

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Again its the pattern in 2001 the Patriots brought in about 15 cheap veterans to bring up the talent level and mentor the kids thru traing camp then the ones that couldn't help they let go and the ones that could contribute stayed and it worked. That's how Roman Pfifer and Mike Compton helped so much

Engram isn't going to be the star brought in. He's just a part.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep.

This is EXACTLY the type of moves we should expect.

Woodrow Call
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Nothing new just the print version......

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/03/with-houshmandzadeh-in-seattle-engram-visits-chiefs/

With Houshmandzadeh in Seattle, Engram visits Chiefs

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Bobby Engram, Kansas City Chiefs

After adding a quarterback over the weekend, Kansas City now is looking at a wide receiver.

Seattle’s free-agent wide receiver Bobby Engram is in Kansas City today visiting with the Chiefs. The visit makes sense on various fronts.

Back when Engram played in Chicago, he spent one season working with a young assistant coach, Todd Haley, who now is the Chiefs head coach.

Also, Seattle moved on a receiver of its own Monday, when it signed T.J. Houshmandzadeh, leaving that much less playing time for Engram, a 13-year vet.

But Engram has produced at his two previous stops — five seasons in Chicago and the last eight in Seattle. Now he could have the chance to do the same in Kansas City.

CoMoChief
03-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Marvin Harrison is a grade A one who sucks the penis. At least Bobby Engram could provide a locker room presence. Anything over the vet minimum is too much, though.

Marvin Harrison has been one of the good guys in the NFL as far as Im concerned. The whole gun incident means nothing to me.

RustShack
03-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Nothing new just the print version......

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/03/with-houshmandzadeh-in-seattle-engram-visits-chiefs/

With Houshmandzadeh in Seattle, Engram visits Chiefs

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Bobby Engram, Kansas City Chiefs

After adding a quarterback over the weekend, Kansas City now is looking at a wide receiver.

Seattle’s free-agent wide receiver Bobby Engram is in Kansas City today visiting with the Chiefs. The visit makes sense on various fronts.

Back when Engram played in Chicago, he spent one season working with a young assistant coach, Todd Haley, who now is the Chiefs head coach.

Also, Seattle moved on a receiver of its own Monday, when it signed T.J. Houshmandzadeh, leaving that much less playing time for Engram, a 13-year vet.

But Engram has produced at his two previous stops — five seasons in Chicago and the last eight in Seattle. Now he could have the chance to do the same in Kansas City.

I thought Engram left Chicago in 2000 and Haley wasn't there until 2001...

ChiefGator
03-03-2009, 10:43 AM

Once you reach the age of 26 you are old. You KNOW this!

If we get one more player over 30, though, seriously, I'm gonna quit being a fan.

DeezNutz
03-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Meh. Who gives a fuck?

It will be cheap, and if he's productive on the field and/or provides guidance for young players, it will be worth the roster spot.

Not much to see here, unfortunately.

MahiMike
03-03-2009, 10:56 AM
He's good for a year stop-gap. The guy's money on 3rd down. Every year I put him on my fantasy team because he's a steady-Eddy. Always gets a few points when other guys are up and down.

The Bad Guy
03-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Marvin Harrison has been one of the good guys in the NFL as far as Im concerned. The whole gun incident means nothing to me.

He's a complete scumbag.

Do a google search on how he ripped apart a ball boy a few years ago.

sedated
03-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Engram seems like a Pioli guy, no surprises here.

But there's bound to be a few planeteers that think every player we sign should be Haynesworth, Suggs, Housh, Hugh Douglas-type guys.

Ultra Peanut
03-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Ooooh I missed that completely, was it a fan?Not anymore.

kysirsoze
03-03-2009, 11:53 AM
He's a complete scumbag.

Marvin Harrison is just quiet in the media so everyone assumed he was a nice guy. He's practically a gang boss back in Philly. I think it's amazing it took this long for this stuff to get out. Pretty dissappointing, though.

Chiefless
03-03-2009, 12:06 PM
He's been pretty steady up here in Seattle. By Far Seattle's most consistent receiver.

BigChiefFan
03-03-2009, 12:10 PM
If he can help mold Bowe into a better player, I'm all for it.

Chiefshrink
03-03-2009, 12:32 PM

Precisely. And the sad thing is I will put Bobby's hands up against anybody in our offense except maybe for Tony. So if we are looking to "catch the ball" then I am all for him and mentoring the WR position as well to the young guys.:thumb:

Sure-Oz
03-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Engram will be our black wes welker without the speed, but he moves the chains yessssss

Sure-Oz
03-03-2009, 12:40 PM
He's a complete scumbag.

Ball Boys Better Recognize Marvin Harrison’s Personal Space
1-liner, NFL TheBigLead January 15th. 2009, 9:45am

Marvin Harrison: “You threw the ball at me!” Harrison screamed. “You’re a professional! You should do your job better than that!” Everyone on the field froze. Prior asked Harrison to back away. Instead, Harrison grabbed Prior by the throat and lifted him off the ground. While fans watching on the stadium’s video screen chanted for their ball boy to fight back, players and workers tried to separate the two. As Harrison argued with security, Prior was taken to a medical station, where marks were found around his neck. “This was a violent incident,” says Dan Santos, security manager at the Meadowlands that day. “Coaches tried to downplay it, but we were one step from making an arrest.” (ESPN the Mag)
thebiglead.com

DeezNutz
03-03-2009, 12:42 PM

Marvin Harrison: “You threw the ball at me!” Harrison screamed. “You’re a professional! You should do your job better than that!” Everyone on the field froze. Prior asked Harrison to back away. Instead, Harrison grabbed Prior by the throat and lifted him off the ground. While fans watching on the stadium’s video screen chanted for their ball boy to fight back, players and workers tried to separate the two. As Harrison argued with security, Prior was taken to a medical station, where marks were found around his neck. “This was a violent incident,” says Dan Santos, security manager at the Meadowlands that day. “Coaches tried to downplay it, but we were one step from making an arrest.” (ESPN the Mag)
thebiglead.com

Wow. I didn't realize what a dumbass this guy is.

Goapics1

thebiglead.com

Don't mess with Marvin!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!11

raybec 4

thebiglead.com
Leave Marvin alone, he's under a great deal of pressure.

Micjones
03-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Engram seems like a Pioli guy, no surprises here.

But there's bound to be a few planeteers that think every player we sign should be Haynesworth, Suggs, Housh, Hugh Douglas-type guys.

I'm not one of them.
I just think a younger veteran with more service time left in him would've been a wiser choice.

I'm not going to lose sleep over the Chiefs signing Engram.
I just think there were better options available.

Tuckdaddy
03-03-2009, 04:28 PM
He's to old. Let him leave with no contract.

Count Zarth
03-03-2009, 04:45 PM
He's a possession receiver.

Right, Dane?

Joe Seahawk
03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Man, I DO NOT want to lose engram.. Neither does Hasselbeck, i assure you.. My gut says he'll be back, i doubt anyone will offer more $$ than us.

OnTheWarpath58
03-03-2009, 05:15 PM
He left without a contract:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=538

BigRock
03-03-2009, 05:19 PM
He left without a contract:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=538

He left without a contract offer according to the Star.

And the Star was Rotoworld's source, yet they botched the story and even speculated about what Engram was offered. Roto does this ALL THE TIME. How hard is it to read a paragraph and recite it back on your own site?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2009, 05:20 PM

Good god, you're retarded.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2009, 05:21 PM

thebiglead.com

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PnjmsuDGhFc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PnjmsuDGhFc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 05:21 PM

Right, Dane?

He's a speedster

Micjones
03-03-2009, 05:23 PM

Right, Dane?

ROFL

Micjones
03-03-2009, 05:23 PM

Right, Dane?

ROFL

Left without a contract offer? Okay then.

Count Zarth
03-03-2009, 07:13 PM
He's a speedster

Sorry. I'm just needling you. :evil:

BigChiefFan
03-03-2009, 08:08 PM
No contract offered...

Engram leaves without contract offer
The Chiefs also had veteran wide receiver Bobby Engram in for a visit today but he left without a contract offer, according to his agent.

Engram is 36, but had the best season of his 13 in the NFL with Seattle in 2007. He had 94 catches and six TDs.

He caught 47 passes last year.

Submitted by Adam Teicher on March 3, 2009 - 5:18pm.

KcFanInGA
03-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Good god, you're retarded.

haha!ROFL

KcFanInGA
03-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Seems to be obvious Pioli and Haley are bringin in vets to teach our young guys the right way to learn. Hands on teachin baby! I like it! And not just overall team leader guys, maybe one in every position. Coach/players. Just my .02 Do you like my avatar? Dont let pussy kill you!

whoman69
03-03-2009, 09:03 PM
I hope he's just visiting his cousin.

MahiMike
03-03-2009, 09:18 PM

Nicely done.:thumb:

RustShack
03-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Even though Seattle receiver Bobby Engram departed Kansas City without a contract, the two sides could still make a deal.

ESPN

Count Zarth
03-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Even though Seattle receiver Bobby Engram departed Kansas City without a contract, the two sides could still make a deal.

ESPN

Even though Seattle receiver Bobby Engram departed Kansas City without a contract, the two sides could still NOT make a deal.

Claythan