PDA

View Full Version : Football Antonio Cromartie on the trading block

orange
03-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Cornerback Cromartie on the trading block?

By Kevin Acee

On his way to a team-record 10 interceptions in 2007, Antonio Cromartie supplanted Drayton Florence as the Chargers' starting right cornerback.

Now their correlation may be coming full circle.

According to league sources, the Chargers plan to put Cromartie on the trading block if they can sign Florence as a free agent.

After Cromartie's Pro Bowl campaign in '07, Florence was allowed to leave via free agency. He signed a six-year, $36 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. But he was released last month and notified the Chargers through his agent he would like to return. The sides are talking now, and a deal could be in place this week.

Cromartie suffered a serious slide in production in 2008. He injured his hip in the season opener -- which he later called a fracture -- and had just two interceptions. If he is not traded, 2009 is considered a make-or-break year for him with the Chargers.

The departure of Cromartie and arrival of Florence would not necessarily mean Florence would regain his starting job. In fact, it appears more likely Antoine Cason would move into that role.

Contacted Monday, Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith would neither confirm nor deny his plans regarding Cromartie. The player's agent, Gary Wichard, said he had not been notified of any plans the Chargers had to trade Cromartie.
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/mar/02/cromartie-block/?chargers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

On a busy Monday night:

The San Diego Union Tribune reports that the Chargers would consider trading cornerback Antonio Cromartie if they bring back Drayton Florence. The word around the league Monday night is that the Chargers would take a third-rounder for Cromartie, who had 10 interceptions in 2007 but whose production and cover ability suffered in 2008.
It makes sense. The team would then likely make Antoine Cason, the first-round pick from 2008, the starter. Even though he had a poor season in 2008, Cromartie would likely get interest around the league in trade talks.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest

Reerun_KC
03-03-2009, 02:59 PM
He would be a good addition to the secondary....

L.A. Chieffan
statute of limitations does not apply here i believe

CoMoChief
for a 3rd rounder? I'd jump on that like a sum bitch.

We can still deal LJ and we still have a 1st rd pick.

MIAdragon
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203536

Basileus777
03-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Poor Mecca, the blows just keep on coming.

Cromartie has physical talent, but he's embarrassingly soft against the run and is poor in coverage.

orange
03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
statute of limitations does not apply here i believe

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203536

I did search and didn't see that somehow. :banghead:

First the legs, then the eyes...

At least the Williamson thing adds a little bit.

Buck
03-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Can somebody repost this in Russian please?

Rausch
03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
YEZ PLEEZ!1!

Rausch
03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
for a 3rd rounder? I'd jump on that like a sum bitch.

Like a pound-hound in a rooom full of stuffed animals...

Buck
03-03-2009, 03:25 PM
If its within the Division it'll cost you a 2nd.

Unless you have a top 3 3rd round pick???

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 03:26 PM
If its within the Division it'll cost you a 2nd.

Unless you have a top 3 3rd round pick???

We do. We alternate picks with the Rams, so we have the 3rd pick in the 3rd round.

pr_capone
03-03-2009, 04:23 PM
I would be pretty happy with Cromartie on the squad. Especially if all it costs us is a 3rd.

Perhaps they would take LJ straight up for Cro... thats prolly asking too much tho.

talastan
03-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Where would you put Cromartie? Would you move Carr to nickel at that point? Just curious...

Rausch
03-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Where would you put Cromartie? Would you move Carr to nickel at that point? Just curious...

Where would we put two probowl QB's?

These are the types of problems we want to have...