PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anybody else see Krumrie playing DT on NFL Network today? He started Favre's career.

wazu
03-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Was weird, seeing him not suck. He knocked out some QB who was starting ahead of Favre, and Favre came in as relief. Mackovic, or something like that. Krumrie had at least one sack, two forced fumbles, etc.

Anyway, he may not know how to coach, but it seems like there was a time when he could play.

lazepoo
03-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I played as Krumrie in Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES the other day. I didn't see him doing any hand slaps, though, and he was really slow so I had to switch to someone else.

DeezNutz
03-03-2009, 11:10 PM
I used to use him all the time in Street Fighter II.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/CAPPOD/SF012~Street-Fighter-II-E-Honda-Posters.jpg

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2009, 11:12 PM
http://www.sportsattic2.com/nflphotos/photos5/Majkowski,Don1.jpg

Don Majkowski

rockymtnchief
03-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Don Majkowski (Magic Man) is who he knocked out of the game.

wazu
03-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Don Majkowski (Magic Man) is who he knocked out of the game.

Thanks. Being a veteran poster, I don't even bother looking things up anymore. I just leave it to noobs, and rep them as payment for their servitude. Congrats!

Skip Towne
03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks. Being a veteran poster, I don't even bother looking things up anymore. I just leave it to noobs, and rep them as payment for their servitude. Congrats!

You have me to thank for that. I take out all the unruly n00bs. Good to see you using the good ones to serve you.

rockymtnchief
03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Actually, I didn't have to look it up. I remember him quite well. I wasn't sure I spelled his name right until I saw ChiefsCountry's post.

wazu
03-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Actually, I didn't have to look it up. I remember him quite well. I wasn't sure I spelled his name right until I saw ChiefsCountry's post.

I'd rep you again, but no other noobs have helped me, and therefore it will just tell me I need to spread it around before coming back your way. (A little knowledge I've accumulated over the years.)

Skip Towne
03-03-2009, 11:31 PM

BTW, Adam, are you the guy who used to do the ~back under rock~ ? Or who was that?

wazu
03-03-2009, 11:32 PM
BTW, Adam, are you the guy who used to do the ~back under rock~ ? Or who was that?

No. I used to make comic strips. Sadly that is my only real legacy.

wazu
03-03-2009, 11:33 PM
I also had a signature of a cat scratching his own balls that Phobia made me ditch in 2002 cause too many people were saying it lagged their PCs.

Frosty
03-04-2009, 08:19 AM

That was dollar1

htismaqe
03-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Makovic? How dare you slander the Magic Man that way!

Goldmember
03-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Was weird, seeing him not suck. He knocked out some QB who was starting ahead of Favre, and Favre came in as relief. Mackovic, or something like that. Krumrie had at least one sack, two forced fumbles, etc.

Anyway, he may not know how to coach, but it seems like there was a time when he could play.

You must be a youngster if you don't remember Krum playing football. He was a tough SOB

Widely considered one of the best defensive linemen ever to play for the Bengals, Krumrie was selected to the Pro Bowl twice (1987, 1988) and assisted the team to a Super Bowl appearance. He finished his career with 34 sacks and 13 fumble recoveries for 35 return yards in 188 games. At the time of his retirement, his 34 sacks were the fourth highest total in franchise history.

Krumrie may perhaps be best known for suffering one of the most dramatic football injuries ever televised, a shattered leg during Super Bowl Super Bowl XXIII against the San Francisco 49ers. Although it was reported at the time and widely believed that his foot caught in the grass, causing the break, a Cincinnati videographer had the best angle, and the breaks to Krumrie's leg occurred when Roger Craig's knee smashed through both lower leg bones. Krumrie suffered two breaks in his tibia and another in his fibula. However, he refused to go to the hospital, insisting on staying in the locker room and watching the game on television to root the Bengals on, only finally leaving when the paramedics told him he might go into shock. A 15-inch steel rod was surgically implanted to stabilize the leg, and amazingly, Krumrie was ready by the 1989 regular season and played 6 more years.

Phobia
03-04-2009, 09:17 AM
No. I used to make comic strips. Sadly that is my only real legacy.

You also have a legacy akin to Harvey Williams and Merton Hanks.

DJ's left nut
03-04-2009, 09:36 AM

The best part was early in the game when Krum was on the sideline during a Bengals possession.

He's tucking his shirt in and probably getting things situated a little. The broadcaster says something about him getting 'adjusted' and the color guy says "well why not, he's had his hands on enough balls today"....quick change in subject.

Joe Buck would've been appalled...it was great.

kcbubb
03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
You must be a youngster if you don't remember Krum playing football. He was a tough SOB

Widely considered one of the best defensive linemen ever to play for the Bengals, Krumrie was selected to the Pro Bowl twice (1987, 1988) and assisted the team to a Super Bowl appearance. He finished his career with 34 sacks and 13 fumble recoveries for 35 return yards in 188 games. At the time of his retirement, his 34 sacks were the fourth highest total in franchise history.

Krumrie may perhaps be best known for suffering one of the most dramatic football injuries ever televised, a shattered leg during Super Bowl Super Bowl XXIII against the San Francisco 49ers. Although it was reported at the time and widely believed that his foot caught in the grass, causing the break, a Cincinnati videographer had the best angle, and the breaks to Krumrie's leg occurred when Roger Craig's knee smashed through both lower leg bones. Krumrie suffered two breaks in his tibia and another in his fibula. However, he refused to go to the hospital, insisting on staying in the locker room and watching the game on television to root the Bengals on, only finally leaving when the paramedics told him he might go into shock. A 15-inch steel rod was surgically implanted to stabilize the leg, and amazingly, Krumrie was ready by the 1989 regular season and played 6 more years.

wow. I never knew that he refused to leave the locker room. sounds like he has the same kind of grit that Ronnie Lott had when they had them cut his finger off.

Krumrie gets a lot of heat on CP, but I just can't imagine how a guy like that could be a bad d-line coach. playing d-line is not complicated. it's mostly effort and God given ability. It's not like he calls the plays or sets the schemes.

milkman
03-04-2009, 10:15 AM
wow. I never knew that he refused to leave the locker room. sounds like he has the same kind of grit that Ronnie Lott had when they had them cut his finger off.

Krumrie gets a lot of heat on CP, but I just can't imagine how a guy like that could be a bad d-line coach. playing d-line is not complicated. it's mostly effort and God given ability. It's not like he calls the plays or sets the schemes.

Playing the game and teaching it are two entirely different things.

He exemplifies the old adage. "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach".