Sure-Oz
03-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Per espn bottom line

Cave Johnson
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
To no one's surprise.

HemiEd
03-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Good for them. Now there is more air time for Favre.

L.A. Chieffan
03-04-2009, 12:50 PM
leinarts warmin up the hot tub...

Der Flöprer
03-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I wonder if the former bag boy sniffed anywhere near the 14 mil he was lookin for. Me thinks nuh uh.

oldandslow
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I wonder if the former bag boy sniffed anywhere near the 14 mil he was lookin for. Me thinks nuh uh.

Bet he did.

keg in kc
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Aw man, I was hoping we'd get him.

Just to enjoy the meltdown here.

milkman
03-04-2009, 01:00 PM

I'm betting two years, 25 mil.

FringeNC
03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
I doubt Jimmy Raye would have effectively utilized his talents in San Francisco.

unothadeal
03-04-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm betting two years, 25 mil.

23m per Schefter

Chazno
03-04-2009, 01:29 PM
23m per Schefter

Last I heard a discount was contingent upon re-signing Boldin

milkman
03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
23m per Schefter

Not far off.

BWillie
03-04-2009, 01:46 PM
He will be 38 at the start of next season and he's getting bank. My hat goes off to him. Couldn't be a classier guy.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2009, 01:55 PM
It could be worse, we could have signed a 38 year old QB to that kind of money. Wow, good for him.

SNR
03-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Leinart must suck. A lot.

lazepoo
03-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Leinart must suck. A lot.

Why? Rodgers didn't suck in GB, but they held onto Favre because he gave them a better chance to win. Same thing here. Warner's a better QB at this stage in the game, and Leinart has a chance to learn from a HOF QB until Warner takes a hit to the pelvis or retires at 40. The Cards have a chance to build a winning culture in their locker room, and a legit top 5 QB that's willing to take less money than he's worth in order to preserve some continuity and retain talent on their team. If they let Warner go in these circumstances, they would be complete dipshits.

SNR
03-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Why? Rodgers didn't suck in GB, but they held onto Favre because he gave them a better chance to win. Same thing here. Warner's a better QB at this stage in the game, and Leinart has a chance to learn from a HOF QB until Warner takes a hit to the pelvis or retires at 40. The Cards have a chance to build a winning culture in their locker room, and a legit top 5 QB that's willing to take less money than he's worth in order to preserve some continuity and retain talent on their team. If they let Warner go in these circumstances, they would be complete dipshits.Rodgers never got a chance, and that's because the Packers felt like they owed Brett Favre something... to play for as long as he wants in Green Bay, especially after the impressive seasons he had in 2006 and 2007. When he retired, they gave the team to Rodgers and when Favre wanted back in, they decided it was too late.

Leinart HAD this team and lost it when he started sucking. Warner isn't owed anything by the Cardinals apart from the money in his contract. This is more a case of the Cardinals wanting the best player no matter how old. The Packers probably believed Rodgers was ready for at least a season or two and couldn't wait to give him the reins

Pioli Zombie
03-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Just one more rich guy in san francisco paying for an expensive meal and then getting it right up the ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Last I heard a discount was contingent upon re-signing Boldin

I Heard that too, 1 mil per year if boldin gets done

lazepoo
03-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Warner isn't owed anything by the Cardinals apart from the money in his contract.

I couldn't disagree with you more based on the performance of a team that made their first Super Bowl and playoff wins in forever, largely due to Warner's solid play. If they'd let him walk on the heels of last season after publicly agreeing to a deal for far less money than what he could have made with a division rival, they would have been crucified, and rightfully so.

SNR
03-04-2009, 04:31 PM
I couldn't disagree with you more based on the performance of a team that made their first Super Bowl and playoff wins in forever, largely due to Warner's solid play. If they'd let him walk on the heels of last season after publicly agreeing to a deal for far less money than what he could have made with a division rival, they would have been crucified, and rightfully so.Who's more of an icon? Brett Favre in Green Bay or Kurt Warner in Scottsdale?

Pioli Zombie
03-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I couldn't disagree with you more based on the performance of a team that made their first Super Bowl and playoff wins in forever, largely due to Warner's solid play. If they'd let him walk on the heels of last season after publicly agreeing to a deal for far less money than what he could have made with a division rival, they would have been crucified, and rightfully so.

I am uncomfortable with the linkage of the words Warner and crucified
Posted via Mobile Device

FringeNC
03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
and now that SF loses out on Warner...they are after Damon Huard.

lazepoo
03-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Who's more of an icon? Brett Favre in Green Bay or Kurt Warner in Scottsdale?

That could be debatable after the rather messy way things went down with Favre...

That said, Warner is all that franchise has in the way of playoff success. The fact that he hasn't been there as long is just as important as the history of the franchise, and Green Bay had a lot more going for it than just Favre both then, in the past, and now. Kurt Warner's the best thing that's happened to the Cards in a long time, and he's gone out of the way to accomodate them. He saved them from being another also-ran, and he's the face of the franchise, so whether you agree with it or not, they owe him a lot more than the money in his contract, and they know it which is why they resigned him.

The original point, though, is that the signing has everything to do with Warner and nothing to do with Leinart or how good/bad he is. If your best player (and the face of the franchise) is willing to work for below market value, you stick with him. That they have a first-round talent on the bench is just gravy, especially when you know that Warner's old and potentially a big hit away from retirement.

Pioli Zombie
03-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Cutler just lashed out at the cardinals for not trying to trade for him
Posted via Mobile Device