PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Posted on the "other" Chiefs forum. So don't shoot the messenger!

Frankie
03-04-2009, 12:00 PM
"I have some Serious Chiefs News from a source at metro sports so take it for what its worth.

Friday- Romeo Crennel will be named this teams DC

Attention to FA questions the source told me we are in negotiations with Ray Lewis

Also, there are several trade offers on the table one is that Tampa Bay wants Thigpen and the offer on the table is a 3rd round pick and the other is a deal between us and Philly in which we would send them the package of Lj, Waters and Tony G for one of their two first round picks.

So again this isn't me just speculating this came from a source at Metro Sports."

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=9587

keg in kc
03-04-2009, 12:02 PM
LG, Waters and Tony G for a first round pick sounds like somebody did their research in Madden '09.

And Thigpen for a 3rd? I'd take that in an instant.

I think Crennel is a foregone conclusion. I don't know about Ray Lewis.

milkman
03-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Sounds like a load to me.

milkman
03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
LG, Waters and Tony G for a first round pick sounds like somebody did their research in Madden '09.

But.....but....LJ, Waters and Tony should be worth three first rounders.

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
A worthless RB, a guard, and a HOF TE with 1-2 more years left would bring a 1st? Ok.

For what it's worth, I have a hard time believing that TG will be moved. The new regime is going to want their new boy, Cassel, to have legit targets.

KC_Clipse
03-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Well i dunno how accurate all this is but, i would be pleased with the addition of Crennel. If you are planing to dump tyler a third round choice is about optimum value. As far as ray lewis goes i dont know that kc is a good fit for him but i couldn't be to pissed about suring up the ILB position, but 1 HOF TE, a PB gaurd, and a PB running back for a first rounder no thanks

bdeg
I don't think a 1st is out of the question when you consider Tony could be worth a high 2nd to the right team. LJ honestly is worth a high 3 or low 2. It's hard to say with Waters, it depends on how much longer he wants to play.

I'd take all those trades, dunno about Ray Lewis though. Vrabel should bring plenty of leadership, but we have the cap space and I wouldn't mind seeing Lewis ripping some heads off for the next few years. If he could bring the Ravens attitude to our D, that would be a blast to watch and hopefully it would last longer than his stay here.

milkman
A worthless RB, a guard, and a HOF TE with 1-2 more years left would bring a 1st? Ok.

For what it's worth, I have a hard time believing that TG will be moved. The new regime is going to want their new boy, Cassel, to have legit targets.

Agreed, and this from someone that doesn't value the TE position.

But I could live with a Waters and LJ to Philly for a 2nd.

FringeNC
03-04-2009, 12:07 PM
What is Metro Sports? Do they have ties to Athan or Jack Harry?

ChiefsCountry
First one seems likely. Second one not as much but a good chance. Then it got plain retarded.

Frankie

This.

sedated
how many times has there been a 3 player for 1 pick trade? I can't remember one.

and the thing about Crennel - why the delay in signing him? If we want him, and he wants to be here, why wasn't this done weeks ago?

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Tony could be worth a high 2nd to the right team.

You're overvaluing a player with maybe only 1 year left who plays an ancillary position.

Mr. Flopnuts
Okay gang,

milkman
Well i dunno how accurate all this is but, i would be pleased with the addition of Crennel. If you are planing to dump tyler a third round choice is about optimum value. As far as ray lewis goes i dont know that kc is a good fit for him but i couldn't be to pissed about suring up the ILB position, but 1 HOF TE, a PB gaurd, and a PB running back for a first rounder no thanks

I wouldn't lend too much credibility to the post on that site.

The guy posting has a total of three posts.

DJ's left nut
03-04-2009, 12:09 PM
First one seems likely. Second one not as much but a good chance. Then it got plain retarded.

Yup.

By the end, it was 'assclown' material.

Nothing to see here, folks...

Frankie
03-04-2009, 12:09 PM
LJ honestly is worth a high 3 or low 2.

Based on?

bdeg
03-04-2009, 12:10 PM
You're overvaluing a player with maybe only 1 year left who plays an ancillary position.

Tony has shown no signs of slowing down, to assume he has only 1 year left is silly. I'd give him 3-5. And do you realize what he would do for Donovan McNabb?

Frankie
03-04-2009, 12:10 PM
But I could live with a Waters and LJ to Philly for a 2nd.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GONNA POST!

bdeg
03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Based on?

It's only my opinion. He has a lot of carries, but I believe he can still be a 1500 yard back for a couple years.

unothadeal
Schefter already said Ray Lewis is pretty close to signing with Baltimore IIRC so that leads me to believe the rest is bullshit too.

Blick
They all seem like possibilities except for the Philly deal.

Thigpen had one of his better games against Tampa, so I could see them giving up a third. However, they already gave Cleveland a 2nd and a 5th for K2. But, they don't have a QB. Who knows what they're thinking over there.

Nobody knows what's going on with Ray Lewis or our front office, so it wouldn't surprise me if something was going on there.

DeezNutz
Tony has shown no signs of slowing down, to assume he has only 1 year left is silly. I'd give him 3-5. And do you realize what he would do for Donovan McNabb?

3-5? This is more unrealistic than saying LJ could bring a low 2nd.

TG has two more years left, max, at a productive level.

LJ couldn't bring a large bag o' dicks.

keg in kc
What is Metro Sports? Do they have ties to Athan or Jack Harry?They're a local sports network. And I don't think so, on either count.

They actually do fairly good Chiefs coverage.

milkman
03-04-2009, 12:12 PM
how many times has there been a 3 player for 1 pick trade? I can't remember one.

and the thing about Crennel - why the delay in signing him? If we want him, and he wants to be here, why wasn't this done weeks ago?

Crennel has been thinking about what he wants to do, and whether he wants to be on the sideline, or at home recuperating this season after surgery.

raybec 4
03-04-2009, 12:13 PM

Yeah, they could cry on each others shoulders about how the team has treated them and they want out. Waters could tell everyone what a great guy Herm was while LJ adds to his collections of bad hats and women abused.

milkman
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GONNA POST!

Well then, I mus be fucked up today.

:D

KC_Clipse

Do you really believe that as hard as tony works, the way he is a major health freak, and the fact that his play hasn't dropped off but marginally over the last 10 years that he only has 1 good year left?

jAZ
03-04-2009, 12:14 PM
[I]...the other is a deal between us and Philly in which we would send them the package of Lj, Waters and Tony G for one of their two first round picks.

If we back up the game of he said telephone going on here and think through this with a bit of reason... I could see how Philly might be interested those players and how we would want a late 1st... but I'd guess it's more reasonable to suspect that the negotiations involve all 3 names, but the deal for a 1st wouldn't involve all 3 players.

JMO.

Frankie
03-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Crennel has been thinking about what he wants to do, and whether he wants to be on the sideline, or at home recuperating this season after surgery.

He could sit in the booth, ala Gunther.

Frankie
03-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Well then, I mus be ****ed up today.

:D

Or,

on rare occaisions you get lucky and post a good football post. ;)

alanm
03-04-2009, 12:17 PM

and the thing about Crennel - why the delay in signing him? If we want him, and he wants to be here, why wasn't this done weeks ago?I believe he had surgery.

milkman
03-04-2009, 12:18 PM
He could sit in the booth, ala Gunther.

With hip surgery, I believe, I'm not sure that would be better.

BigCatDaddy
03-04-2009, 12:18 PM

I think they also mentioned him having some type of buyout in the works from his Cleveland contract.

the Talking Can
03-04-2009, 12:19 PM
hilarious

Detoxing
03-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Do you really believe that as hard as tony works, the way he is a major health freak, and the fact that his play hasn't dropped off but marginally over the last 10 years that he only has 1 good year left?

Tony can and will play for as long as he wants to play. 1 year of solid production is one of the stupidest comments i've ever heard. He just wrapped up one the best seasons of his career and now all of a sudden he has 1 season of production in him? Jesus people, WTF happened to common sense?

Stop comparing TG to every other player out there. Time after time again, he's proven he's not like the rest. He has shown no signs of slowing down.

As far as the 3 player trade goes; some one has been playing too much Madden. And whomever said that they won't trade TG because Cassel needs weapons is right.

Cassel is our franchise boy now. They're going to give him every possible tool they can for him to succeed. You really think an offensive minded coach is going to trade away his best weapon? I mean really?

milkman
03-04-2009, 12:21 PM
I think they also mentioned him having some type of buyout in the works from his Cleveland contract.

Why would they have to buy out his Cleveland contract?

He was fired.

htismaqe
03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Yes on Crennel.

Yes on Thiggy for a 3rd rounder.

And Yes on trading those 3 for a 1st rounder. Even though it will never happen.

KC_Clipse
03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Tony can and will play for as long as he wants to play. 1 year of solid production is one of the stupidest comments i've ever heard. He just wrapped up one the best seasons of his career and now all of a sudden he has 1 season of production in him? Jesus people, WTF happened to common sense?

Stop comparing TG to every other player out there. Time after time again, he's proven he's not like the rest. He has shown no signs of slowing down.

As far as the 3 player trade goes; some one has been playing too much Madden. And whomever said that they won't trade TG because Cassel needs weapons is right.

Cassel is our franchise boy now. They're going to give him every possible tool they can for him to succeed. You really think an offensive minded coach is going to trade away his best weapon? I mean really?

Agreed, i dont want to see tony go anywhere expecially considering how undervalued the TE position is. I'll let everyone else try to drown gonzo in their pessimisim, while i watch him be significantly productive for another four seasons

htismaqe
03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Why would they have to buy out his Cleveland contract?

He was fired.

They don't have to buyout his contract.

But coaches have guaranteed money in their contracts. There is some financial wrangling that needs to take place between the Chiefs and Browns.

DaWolf
03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
package of Lj, Waters and Tony G for one of their two first round picks
ROFL

milkman
03-04-2009, 12:40 PM
They don't have to buyout his contract.

But coaches have guaranteed money in their contracts. There is some financial wrangling that needs to take place between the Chiefs and Browns.

Why?

Browns are on the books for X amount of dollars.

Chiefs hire him for Y amount, which is less than X, so the Browns would have to pay the differnce remaining between X and Y.

Not all that complicated.

sparkky
03-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I could see Tony getting moved for the right deal. I don't think Pioli or Haley either one come from a system very dependent on TE production.
Granted neither had a HOF TE at their disposal while having very good WR talent.

Basileus777
03-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Lj, Waters and Tony G for one of their two first round picks is not a plausible deal.

Micjones
03-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Lj, Waters and Tony G for one of their two first round picks is not a plausible deal.

For the Eagles or for the Chiefs?

Basileus777
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
For the Eagles or for the Chiefs?

For Philly. I can't see them giving up a first round pick for that.

Johnny Vegas
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
let LJ stay.

bdeg
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
You have to keep in mind Philly is in a very win-now mode IMO.

StcChief
03-04-2009, 12:50 PM

EXACTLY. LJ/Water's I believe will be gone.

Tony's is staying here. he IS the primary receiving weapon, goto guy.... Cassell has to depend on him, (until Cottam or other new TE can attempt to fill the shoes)... Bowe, Franklin, Darling, etc will get the ball when we can move it down field. Knowing Tony is the threat.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2009, 12:53 PM
For Philly. I can't see them giving up a first round pick for that.

3 Pro Bowlers for a 1st round pick, screws us over, not them. We could probably get a 2nd round pick for Tony by himself.

CupidStunt
03-04-2009, 12:55 PM
You have to keep in mind Philly is in a very win-now mode IMO.

They're still a cheap-ass organisation that does things their own way. I very much doubt they pull the trigger on a deal anything like this.

bdeg
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Think about if from their perspective. Your best players are getting old, would you rather take a player who might contribute next year and be good in a few, or 3 players at the top of their game? Tony alone is probably between 1/2 and 2/3 of the value of the trade. He would make that offense one of the top, especially if they could grab a tackle with their other 1st. Add in Waters and LJ and that team could be up there with the Pats as the top offense.

Basileus777
03-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Tell Brian Dawkins about how the Eagles are in a win now mode.

speak24
If this true... :LOL:

the Talking Can
the eagles haven't been successful for a decade by trading for old vets...in fact, they do just opposite and ship them out....

CoMoChief
03-04-2009, 01:08 PM
If anyone is traded, it sure as hell won't be TonyG or Waters.

Trading LJ does seem like a possibility, don't really know where he'd go....maybe Philly but I also don't think we'd get anything higher than a 3rd for him.

As far as Crennel, I dont know. I thought I heard he's taking a season off to rehab from the surgery he had recently. Does that mean he can't coach because of it? I dont really know.

Ray Lewis, pretty sure there would be more on this if it were true. The Chiefs may not open their mouth, but I'm sure that other league sources etc would jump all over this and 810 etc would be slobbering all over this. I havent heard anything.....but that doesn't mean negotiations aren't in process.

You'd be a fuckin moron not to take the 3rd rd pick for Thigpen. Thats basically giving KC a free draft pick. We didn't spend shit on Thigpen, we got him off waivers IIRC.

bdeg
03-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Tell Brian Dawkins about how the Eagles are in a win now mode.
the eagles haven't been successful for a decade by trading for old vets...in fact, they do just opposite and ship them out....
good points

BigRedChief
03-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Sounds like a load to me.
He only has 3 posts over there. No rep behind his words.

BigRedChief
03-04-2009, 01:38 PM
You'd be a ****in moron not to take the 3rd rd pick for Thigpen. Thats basically giving KC a free draft pick. We didn't spend shit on Thigpen, we got him off waivers IIRC.
uhhh its not what you paid its what they are worth now. eg....Cassel a 2nd and Brady was a 7th. What would he fetch on the trade block?

kcfanXIII
03-04-2009, 01:44 PM
I could see Tony getting moved for the right deal. I don't think Pioli or Haley either one come from a system very dependent on TE production.
Granted neither had a HOF TE at their disposal while having very good WR talent.

everyone questioned how TG would fit into the vermeil/saunders system too. i think he's the type of guy that will fit into any system if they just bump TE up the progression chart. if the right deal is offered, i think he'll be moved, but i don't think they are looking to dump him for anything they can get.

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 01:49 PM
ROFL

Maybe they don't know who our GM is.

We do the ass-raping, not the other way around.

I mean, we raped the Pats for pete's sake. Who's the last team that can say that? Business wise, I mean.

Frankie
03-04-2009, 01:55 PM
I'll let everyone else try to drown gonzo in their pessimisim, while i watch him be significantly productive for another four seasons

I'm on that boat.

Frankie
03-04-2009, 01:56 PM
let TG stay.

FYP

MiDW3sT
03-04-2009, 02:03 PM
For some reason I can't start new topics, but Herm is on ESPN now for NFL Live

-King-
03-04-2009, 02:11 PM
"I have some Serious Chiefs News from a source at metro sports so take it for what its worth.

Attention to FA questions the source told me we are in negotiations with Ray Lewis

Also, there are several trade offers on the table one is that Tampa Bay wants Thigpen and the offer on the table is a 3rd round pick and the other is a deal between us and Philly in which we would send them the package of Lj, Waters and Tony G for one of their two first round picks.

So again this isn't me just speculating this came from a source at Metro Sports."

I think there is a good chance we get Romeo.
I dont see where in two hells the Ray Lewis thing came from. I doubt it's happening.
Thigpen thing maybe, but I doubt they are offering a 3rd.
The last one is just plain silly. Literally silly.

raybec 4
03-04-2009, 02:14 PM
For some reason I can't start new topics, but Herm is on ESPN now for NFL Live

Is he flustrated??

kc rush
03-04-2009, 02:19 PM
If Tampa is offering a 3rd for Thigpen, I couldn't make that deal fast enough. If I was in the Chief's FO, I'd offer to pick up the moving cost.

Chris Meck
03-04-2009, 02:28 PM
really? A pretty solid back-up QB for a 3rd round pick?

I don't know that I'd do it.

kysirsoze
03-04-2009, 02:31 PM

FWIW the Cassell trade wouldn't pass the Madden test either...

DJ's left nut
03-04-2009, 02:34 PM
really? A pretty solid back-up QB for a 3rd round pick?

I don't know that I'd do it.

Quinn Gray is a pretty solid backup QB and he was free.

Take the 3rd, stick Gray as your backup and draft Chase Patton as the next Matt Cassel.

Fritz88
03-04-2009, 02:43 PM

All sound two good to be true :)

chiefsfanintx
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Lewis staying with Ravens or so it says on P.F.T.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
The Bucs must really want him, but they don't have a 2nd rounder because they used that to get Kellen Winslow, jr. I'm hearing the Bucs have upped the offer for Thigpen.

htismaqe
03-04-2009, 02:48 PM
The Bucs must really want him, but they don't have a 2nd rounder because they used that to get Kellen Winslow, jr. I'm hearing the Bucs have upped the offer for Thigpen.

Totally awesome.

raybec 4
03-04-2009, 02:49 PM

Did they agree to take LJ off of our hands?

the Talking Can
03-04-2009, 02:53 PM

holy crap that would rule

BigChiefFan
03-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Totally awesome.What's even weirder is Carolina is supposedly in the sweepstakes, as well.

tomahawk kid
03-04-2009, 02:56 PM
What's even weirder is Carolina is supposedly in the sweepstakes, as well.

You got a pretty solid source there BRC?

RJ
03-04-2009, 03:00 PM

Those guys have a lot of experience, they should be worth more than first rounders.

keg in kc
03-04-2009, 03:10 PM
FWIW the Cassell trade wouldn't pass the Madden test either...Three players for a first round pick is a madden trade. Cassel/Vrabel for a second...notsomuch. Cassel by himself was supposedly being shopped for a first and third originally, and other teams offered similar or greater value than KC. The Chiefs happened to bite first. This 3 player fantasy isn't anything like that.

Hey, I'd love it if it happened. But I'd say none of them alone has more value than a 4th, maybe an outside shot at a 3rd for Gonzalez. I just don't see how throwing the three of them together would give us some magical first round value.

Kyle DeLexus
03-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Those guys have a lot of experience, they should be worth more than first rounders.

A little too much experience. They are all pretty old and likely won't get much so it could be about right.

Ray Lewis just resigned with the Ravens though, so I would further question these rumors.

soundmind
03-04-2009, 03:13 PM
This just in from my friends in a world based on reality: This thread is full of wishful sh*t.

Never, under any circumstances, trade TGon. You will never get appropriate compensation for the best TE to ever play the game.

And who would give a first day pick for Thigpen when we just gave a 2nd for Cassel? They may be interested and up their anti if we threw in BW and LJ I guess, but its not happening people, they'd have been better to re-sign Simms.

Chiefnj2
03-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Cassel is Pioli's boy. He's going to protect him and give him some targets to throw to. Getting rid of Waters and TG accomplishes neither goal and makes his life a lot more miserable.

Kyle DeLexus
03-04-2009, 03:18 PM

IIRC, He was pretty spot on with some other info given here. I could be confusing him with another poster though so who knows....I'm just a n00b

HemiEd
03-04-2009, 03:30 PM
This is funny stuff, is the guy in Nick Athan training?

HemiEd
03-04-2009, 03:31 PM
This just in from my friends in a world based on reality: This thread is full of wishful sh*t.

Never, under any circumstances, trade TGon. You will never get appropriate compensation for the best TE to ever play the game.

And who would give a first day pick for Thigpen when we just gave a 2nd for Cassel? They may be interested and up their anti if we threw in BW and LJ I guess, but its not happening people, they'd have been better to re-sign Simms.

3rds are no longer first day.

the Talking Can
03-04-2009, 03:41 PM

yeah, and he doesn't make shit up ala warpaint...

htismaqe
03-04-2009, 03:50 PM
BCF's "source" is as good as it gets.

Period.

Kyle DeLexus
03-04-2009, 03:56 PM
BCF's "source" is as good as it gets.

Period.

In other words.....BCF IS Clark Hunt!!!

FringeNC
03-04-2009, 04:00 PM
holy crap that would rule

It's not really that surprising considering Thigpen is "free" from a salary standpoint.

Dave Lane
03-04-2009, 05:43 PM

the Talking Can
03-04-2009, 05:55 PM
It's not really that surprising considering Thigpen is "free" from a salary standpoint.

true...but the idea of basically getting Cassel for nothing if we trade Thigpen is amazing to me...if we traded thiggy for a 3rd, then Cassel would have only cost us the difference between our 2nd and 3rd round pick...

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 06:02 PM

You're hearing this from whom? Where?

Didn't know that you had a source...

Kyle DeLexus
03-04-2009, 06:04 PM
You're hearing this from whom? Where?

Didn't know that you had a source...

IIRC, he was spot on with some of the other stuff that has happened this offseason with Pioli and all that when no one else seemed to know anything.

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
I knew that BRC has a source, but not BCF.

brandon
03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
NOOOO!!! RAY RAY!

melbar
03-04-2009, 06:10 PM

I agree with your point about 1 year and that TE is useually ancillary, but his reception production puts him in the WR range. He still makes a ton of catches over the middle and short to intermediate could be a huge help to a young QB.

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 06:12 PM
I agree with your point about 1 year and that TE is useually ancillary, but his reception production puts him in the WR range. He still makes a ton of catches over the middle and short to intermediate could be a huge help to a young QB.

He's going to be a great asset on any team he's on next year. Maybe even the next 2 years. That's why I don't think he's going anywhere because the current regime will want to give Cassel more, not less.

You know how this league works, though. When players reach the end, they fall off a cliff.

Tony is old enough now, that no one should be surprised when this happens.

melbar
03-04-2009, 06:14 PM
He's going to be a great asset on any team he's on next year. Maybe even the next 2 years. That's why I don't think he's going anywhere because the current regime will want to give Cassel more, not less.

You know how this league works, though. When players reach the end, they fall off a cliff.

Tony is old enough now, that no one should be surprised when this happens.

Especially when you look at Piolis history in NE.

wild1
03-04-2009, 06:29 PM
seems obvious it will be crennel

milkman
03-04-2009, 06:32 PM
true...but the idea of basically getting Cassel for nothing if we trade Thigpen is amazing to me...if we traded Thigpen for a 3rd, then Cassel would have only cost us the difference between our 2nd and 3rd round pick...

It really would be pretty amazing.

DrRyan
03-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't lend too much credibility to the post on that site.

The guy posting has a total of three posts.

...and everyone knows that unless a poster has 10,000+ posts, they cannot be correct. Quantity does not equal quality. Look around here.

That said, this trade could not be any more unlikely to happen.

milkman
03-04-2009, 06:40 PM
...and everyone knows that unless a poster has 10,000+ posts, they cannot be correct. Quantity does not equal quality. Look around here.

That said, this trade could not be any more unlikely to happen.

With only three posts, you don't know if that person has any credibility.

When a poster has been around for awhile you get a sense of his credibility.

Skip Towne
03-04-2009, 06:52 PM
N00bs have some really screwy ideas.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2009, 06:53 PM
What about a Donald Penn for Thigpen swap?

FD
03-04-2009, 06:57 PM

Exactly. The man is a VEGAN, which I'm pretty sure means he will live forever.

Frankie
03-04-2009, 07:19 PM
All sound two good to be true :)

You misspelled gwod.

bowener
03-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey, Im bored and want to make up trade rumors:

Chiefs will draft Sanchez at #3, and trade Cassel and Waters to the Lions for their #20 pick, and their #82 pick.

Or

Chiefs will draft Sanchez at #3, and trade Cassel, LJ, Waters, and their third rounder to the Lions for their #20 pick, # 33 pick, and #82 pick.

Or

Chiefs will draft Raji at #3, and trade Thigpen, Waters, and LJ to the Lions for their #20 pick.

ForeverChiefs58
03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
NOOOO!!! RAY RAY!

The Ravens have agreed in principle to a contract with free agent LB Ray Lewis.

The deal will ensure that he finishes his career in Baltimore. Re-signing Bart Scott was the Ravens' preference at inside linebacker, but they were outbid by Rex Ryan and the Jets. Lewis will likely get a three-year deal, but it remains to be seen if it even approaches Baltimore's initial $24M offer. Mar. 4 - 4:54 pm et
Source: Baltimore Sun

Kyle DeLexus
03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
The Ravens have agreed in principle to a contract with free agent LB Ray Lewis.

The deal will ensure that he finishes his career in Baltimore. Re-signing Bart Scott was the Ravens' preference at inside linebacker, but they were outbid by Rex Ryan and the Jets. Lewis will likely get a three-year deal, but it remains to be seen if it even approaches Baltimore's initial $24M offer. Mar. 4 - 4:54 pm et
Source: Baltimore Sun

Thats not a rumor n00b! We are starting rumors in this thread. Plus thats a repost.

ForeverChiefs58
03-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Thats not a rumor n00b! We are starting rumors in this thread. Plus thats a repost.

Must have missed where I said it was a rumor. And I also was replying to someone else who commented on Ray Lewis comming to KC.
Learn to read stupid n00b!!!

ForeverChiefs58
03-04-2009, 10:06 PM
THREE YEARS, $22 MILLION FOR LEWIS, EVENTUALLY
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 6:49 p.m.
Here’s a weird one.

The Ravens and Ray Lewis agreed to terms on Wednesday. According to Adam Schefter, it’s a three-year, $22 million deal.

But, per Schefter, Lewis won’t be signing the deal for roughly two weeks.

No reason has been given for the delay.

Also, the amount of guaranteed money in the deal presently isn’t known.

Lewis had no other options. As we’ve heard it from multiple sources, Lewis’ salary demands caused the Jets to focus on Bart Scott. The Cowboys were never interested, and no other teams emerged.

Kyle DeLexus
03-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey, Im bored and want to make up trade rumors:

Chiefs will draft Sanchez at #3, and trade Cassel and Waters to the Lions for their #20 pick, and their #82 pick.

Or

Chiefs will draft Sanchez at #3, and trade Cassel, LJ, Waters, and their third rounder to the Lions for their #20 pick, # 33 pick, and #82 pick.

Or

Chiefs will draft Raji at #3, and trade Thigpen, Waters, and LJ to the Lions for their #20 pick.

:LOL:

Must have missed where I said it was a rumor. And I also was replying to someone else who commented on Ray Lewis comming to KC.
Learn to read stupid n00b!!!

You totally missed where I was going with that. The post before yours is quoted above and states that he is bored and wants to make up rumors, so I was running with that.

But your post was def. a repost, it had been stated a couple times in the thread that he had signed with the ravens and thus the rumor in the OP didn't hold much merit.

ForeverChiefs58
03-04-2009, 11:18 PM
:LOL:

You totally missed where I was going with that. The post before yours is quoted above and states that he is bored and wants to make up rumors, so I was running with that.

But your post was def. a repost, it had been stated a couple times in the thread that he had signed with the ravens and thus the rumor in the OP didn't hold much merit.

totally missed it, but then again, I am a stupid n00b. Sorry, my bad.

smittysbar
03-04-2009, 11:52 PM
totally missed it, but then again, I am a stupid n00b. Sorry, my bad.

I guess I did too. The whole time I was reading the thread, I was looking at the times........ESPN sent it out on text, with the numbers just after 4. Made the thread seem pretty funny, but I guess it was posted and missed it, fuck.

Stayed at the bar to long I guess :banghead:

ForeverChiefs58
03-05-2009, 06:44 AM
I was on chiefsplanet most of the day and still missed it. That is why some reposts are good for those that miss it.

BigRedChief
03-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Not a speck of info leaking out.
Sorry guys with the new regime the source info has slowed to a trickle just like all info getting out of one arrowhead drive. I think everyone is afraid of losing their jobs if they speak out. But the source is still in place and will be in the future. So we shall see.:hmmm: