View Full Version : Chiefs D-Bowe's reaction to the Cassel move

talastan
03-04-2009, 03:55 PM
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/story/11457837/rss

On The Record: Bowe happy about CasselMarch 4, 2009
By Dave Richard
Senior Fantasy Writer
Tell Dave your opinion!

FT. LAUDERDALE -- It didn't take long for Dwayne Bowe to get acclimated to the NFL. In two seasons, he has 156 catches, 2,017 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns. He improved from year one to year two across the board.

And he's done all of this while the Chiefs have juggled quarterbacks.

Those days are over as Kansas City traded for Matt Cassel, giving them their quarterback of the future to go with their wide receiver of the present and future. Appearing at the Moss Brothers' Dare to Dream Charity Event, Bowe talked about his new teammate and what it could mean for his stats.

Over your first two NFL seasons, you've played with several different quarterbacks. How difficult does that make your job?
Bowe: It's been tough but it made me a great player to be able to cope with quarterback after quarterback. Injuries do happen. You just have to be a professional and get your timing down. At first it's kind of tricky when you start throwing with the new guy -- you feel like you can't ever get it right. But time makes that better to prepare for. The more quarterbacks I played with, the better I became. Everybody has their different style, which makes me better because now I know that if we're ever in a game and we have to switch quarterbacks, we'll be prepared for it.

So while we're on the subject of quarterbacks, let's talk about your new one in Matt Cassel. What was your reaction?
Bowe: "I was shocked, but this is a business and things do happen. I don't really watch TV but people were calling me and saying 'You got Matt Cassel'! and I thought that was cool. Then they were asking me 'Do you know what your stats are going to be like?' Things happen for a reason.

Have you talked to him yet?

Bowe: "He called me (Tuesday) morning and said 'Hey, D. Bowe, wake up! I've been watching film on you for two days -- you better get your mind down here.' I'm going to fly to Cali and go see him (this week)."

Wow, that's fast. Are you going to get used to how he throws, or are you just going to chill out with him? Bowe: "No, I'm just going to chill, nothing serious. When we meet up in Kansas City later this month, we'll get our timing down then."

Did you watch Cassel play last year? Were you impressed by him? Bowe: "Yeah, I really was. He did great under pressure. He's a veteran who never got a lot of publicity, but from watching him, he's a great quarterback."

Is your potential to play at your best even better now because the Chiefs brought in Cassel who will be your guy for the whole season whereas the last two years involved multiple passers?
Bowe: "It's a possibility. I don't know yet, but if he does, my percentages will go up a lot and if not, I'll still make it happen."

How does it feel to be a part of an organization that's taking on the whole Patriots mentality with their former G.M., their former quarterback, their former linebacker and a whole new way of doing things? Bowe: "That business side, I have no clue what goes on. I haven't talked to (new G.M.) Scott Pioli yet. I try to stay out of there because I want to get my main job done. That higher office, I see it, I wave and I just keep going."

So while Cassel arrives, Tyler Thigpen finds himself likely battling for a backup role, which is too bad because he was pretty effective last season for the offense.
Bowe: "Tyler is my man. I like both quarterbacks. I'm a receiver, I like any quarterback who can get me the ball. Tyler's my boy, but things happen."

Have you checked in with Tony Gonzalez about this development? There's been news about whether or not he wants to stay with the Chiefs, and a lot will depend on the moves they make this offseason. Bowe: "Tony's a different person. You never know how Tony feels about a situation. I'm thinking he should love it, but you never know."

Kansas City has the third pick in the NFL Draft. I know you don't like to deal with front-office stuff, but let's say you were the G.M. Who should the Chiefs take at No. 3 overall?
Bowe: "Michael Crabtree. I love competition, he's a good guy and he'll stretch the field and make me better in that no one can double-team me, so I'd go with him."

Micjones
03-04-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm usually the last person to call a player out for things like this, but damn...
How many times did he mention his own production and how he'll benefit?
How about the team?

Get your ass on a Juggs machine and learn to catch the damn ball!
That'll help your productivity!

Kyle DeLexus
03-04-2009, 04:00 PM
How does it feel to be a part of an organization that's taking on the whole Patriots mentality with their former G.M., their former quarterback, their former linebacker and a whole new way of doing things? Bowe: "That business side, I have no clue what goes on. I haven't talked to (new G.M.) Scott Pioli yet. I try to stay out of there because I want to get my main job done. That higher office, I see it, I wave and I just keep going."

Take notes Waters! ROFL

On a side note: Bowe is and idiot. Crabtree with the third what a dumbshit

lazepoo
03-04-2009, 04:00 PM

Have you checked in with Tony Gonzalez about this development? There's been news about whether or not he wants to stay with the Chiefs, and a lot will depend on the moves they make this offseason. Bowe: "Tony's a different person. You never know how Tony feels about a situation. I'm thinking he should love it, but you never know."

This speaks volumes to the lack of veteran leadership in the locker room.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:04 PM

Take notes Waters! ROFL

That's a player thing they always think about what will happen them the most, atleast it's been a player thing with this team. Last year Tony Gonzalez basically pined for Jake Long so he wouldn't have to help block anymore.

Detoxing
03-04-2009, 04:05 PM

Bowe: "Michael Crabtree. I love competition, he's a good guy and he'll stretch the field and make me better in that no one can double-team me, so I'd go with him."

Good. crabtree, bowe, Gonzo, Bradley. Hot-diggity damn!

Detoxing
03-04-2009, 04:07 PM

Take notes Waters! ROFL

He's a WR. God forbid we have a cocky showboat at a play-making position.

Chocolate Hog
03-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I hope Bowe has been working alot this off-season he's got alot of talent and I think with Haley he could be a pro-bowler. With that being said all his pictures on Facebook from this off season have been of him partying.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Good. crabtree, bowe, Gonzo, Bradley. Hot-diggity damn!

Yes it would really excite me to draft an average sized slow WR with a busted foot.

Reerun_KC
03-04-2009, 04:09 PM

God forbid we should expect someone who is cocky and showboating back it up with actually catching the fucking ball?

StcChief
03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Stil think Curry is the man for us at #3.

ZootedGranny
03-04-2009, 04:13 PM
How does it feel to be a part of an organization that's taking on the whole Patriots mentality with their former G.M., their former quarterback, their former linebacker and a whole new way of doing things?

Bowe: "That business side, I have no clue what goes on. I haven't talked to (new G.M.) Scott Pioli yet. I try to stay out of there because I want to get my main job done. That higher office, I see it, I wave and I just keep going."

Hahaha, I bet that's the case now.

notorious
03-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Yes it would really excite me to draft an average sized slow WR with a busted foot.

That would be the perfect fit for our large, average speed WR with stone hands.

What a dangerous pair they would make ROFL.

Chocolate Hog
03-04-2009, 04:16 PM

Is there anyone you like in football besides Matt Sanchez?

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Stil think Curry is the man for us at #3.

I hope not...

DaneMcCloud
03-04-2009, 04:17 PM

I'd take Hayward-Bey any day of the week over Crabtree.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:17 PM

Who the hell is Matt Sanchez?

Chocolate Hog
03-04-2009, 04:18 PM

The Draft bust from USC. Your Sarcasm meter sucks.

Detoxing
03-04-2009, 04:18 PM
God forbid we should expect someone who is cocky and showboating back it up with actually catching the ****ing ball?

Can't argue with you there.

RustShack
03-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Its all the same to me now. Crabtree and Curry are reaches. No LT is appears to be the next HOF one this year plus we drafted one last year. Since we won't be drafting a QB now I really don't care who it is. I would love to trade down, but I don't see it happening. Bad year for us to have a high pick.

rockymtnchief
03-04-2009, 04:20 PM

He works out with Mark Cassel.

Detoxing
03-04-2009, 04:20 PM

He's a play maker. I don't care how slow you think he might be, he plays fast. I could give a shit if he ran a 4.6 as long as he makes TD's.

Chocolate Hog
03-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Its all the same to me now. Crabtree and Curry are reaches. No LT is appears to be the next HOF one this year plus we drafted one last year. Since we won't be drafting a QB now I really don't care who it is. I would love to trade down, but I don't see it happening. Bad year for us to have a high pick.

Last year was a good year to have a high draft pick and we fucked it up. I trust Pioli will be able to get a good player.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:22 PM

I just people would realistically argue for their guy, Michael Crabtree isn't going to strech the field, he wasn't even a good deep threat in college.

Aaron Curry isn't a 3-4 OLB, it's like some people can't accept what players are.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
He's a play maker. I don't care how slow you think he might be, he plays fast. I could give a shit if he ran a 4.6 as long as he makes TD's.

Should we have a reality session about what he is?

KcMizzou
03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
People are just hard on Bowe because they can see that, as good as he is, he has the potential to be much better.

In his "sophomore slump" season, he had a case of the dropsies... but was still a 1,000 yard receiver. He's a talented, valuable weapon.

I'm excited about his future.

RustShack
03-04-2009, 04:24 PM
I just people would realistically argue for their guy, Michael Crabtree isn't going to strech the field, he wasn't even a good deep threat in college.

Aaron Curry isn't a 3-4 OLB, it's like some people can't accept what players are.

If what you say about Crabtree is true that makes him fit our team even more. Cassel isn't a downfield kind of guy. As for Curry, oh well anyone we draft this year is a reach.

Pioli Zombie
Bowe calls himself a great player? Um, ok?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
If we pick at #3 We probably should get an O-linemen. It'd be foolish to pay a QB 14.5 mil and put him behind a shitty right side of the o-line.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:25 PM
If what you say about Crabtree is true that makes him fit our team even more. Cassel isn't a downfield kind of guy. As for Curry, oh well anyone we draft this year is a reach.

Michael Crabtree is big bodied for hs height and he has good hands but he's going to have the lingering question if he can separate or not.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:25 PM
If we pick at #3 We probably should get an O-linemen. It'd be foolish to pay a QB 14.5 mil and put him behind a shitty right side of the o-line.

You just don't take a RT that high, you'll kill your cap.

Chocolate Hog
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
You just don't take a RT that high, you'll kill your cap.

I agree hopefully we can trade down but I doubt it. I'm not big on Aaron Curry he seems like a cover linebacker. Would you rather have a Cover Linebacker or a Good Right Tackle?

Detoxing
Should we have a reality session about what he is?

Do you like anyone? Really? I was on your side for awhile, but now im starting to see what everyone else is talking about. Glass half empty kinda guy huh?

So, who do you think we should take at #3? and don't say a QB cuz that ship already sailed.

the Talking Can
a. I like that Cassel reached out to Bowe, and watched film on him...

b. Bowe, unlike Waters, knows his place in the franchise....and it ain't GM or coach

Fruit Ninja
03-04-2009, 04:31 PM
I dont know why people think Bowe had bad hands. He has pretty damned good hands. What his problem is, is that he tries to run before catching the damned ball. He will learn and fix that problem as the years go by. Hell, i think he's going to have a hell of a year. Bowe makes some amazing circus catches. The guy doesnt have stone hands. He has a looking to run before actually having the ball problem. That can be corrected.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2009, 04:31 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/4syweg.png

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Do you like anyone? Really? I was on your side for awhile, but now im starting to see what everyone else is talking about. Glass half empty kinda guy huh?

So, who do you think we should take at #3? and don't say a QB cuz that ship already sailed.

Look I'm not saying he's a garbage player, but a WR has to be a near perfect prospect to go this high. He needs to be Calvin Johnson or something close.

Crabtree has way to many question marks, he hasn't even done anything to separate himself from the other WR's in the pack.

RUSH
03-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Love him or hate him, you gotta respect how Cassel is already watching film and reaching out to his new teammates. Very good sign.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:34 PM
I agree hopefully we can trade down but I doubt it. I'm not big on Aaron Curry he seems like a cover linebacker. Would you rather have a Cover Linebacker or a Good Right Tackle?

Anything is better than a RT....

I don't think Curry is the same prospect the 2 guys were last year either on an even playing field I think he'd be the 3rd one taken.

KcMizzou
03-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I dont know why people think Bowe had bad hands. He has pretty damned good hands. What his problem is, is that he tries to run before catching the damned ball. He will learn and fix that problem as the years go by. Hell, i think he's going to have a hell of a year. Bowe makes some amazing circus catches. The guy doesnt have stone hands. He has a looking to run before actually having the ball problem. That can be corrected.That onside kick drop at the end just kinda put the exclamation point on the problem for a lot of people.

It's not like we have a ton of really good players, but Bowe's certainly one of them.

Detoxing
03-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Look I'm not saying he's a garbage player, but a WR has to be a near perfect prospect to go this high. He needs to be Calvin Johnson or something close.

Crabtree has way to many question marks, he hasn't even done anything to separate himself from the other WR's in the pack.

Ok, i understand where your coming from. I would agree with you, but i just don't see anyone else worth taking at that spot either. Of all the available players, Crabtree would be the most exciting for ME.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:36 PM
I'd rather have Heyward-Bey to be honest with you.

Kyle DeLexus
03-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Never once did I say he's a cocky showboat. I tend to like that in star players if they can back it up, and it doesn't take away from their focus. TO for example works as hard/harder than anyone.

I just called him an idiot for wanting this

at #3 overall.

Fruit Ninja
03-04-2009, 04:37 PM
That onside kick drop at the end just kinda put the exclamation point on the problem for a lot of people.

It's not like we have a ton of really good players, but Bowe's certainly one of them.

Yeah, him playing something he hasnt. That imo has nothing to do with him playing wide receiver. Its not like he fumbles alot of balls during the season. That didnt bother me one bit. We sucked last year, so we didnt go 3-13. What i really care about is him focusing when he's playing the position of wide receiver.

KcMizzou
Ok, i understand where your coming from. I would agree with you, but i just don't see anyone else worth taking at that spot either. Of all the available players, Crabtree would be the most exciting for ME.No consideration for Maclin? Obvious Mizzou bias aside, I think if I were forced to take a WR for this team... I'd take Maclin over Crabtree.

KcMizzou
Yeah, him playing something he hasnt. That imo has nothing to do with him playing wide receiver. Its not like he fumbles alot of balls during the season. That didnt bother me one bit. We sucked last year, so we didnt go 3-13. What i really care about is him focusing when he's playing the position of wide receiver.Agreed.

Chocolate Hog
03-04-2009, 04:39 PM

I don't think Curry is the same prospect the 2 guys were last year either on an even playing field I think he'd be the 3rd one taken.

What about moving Albert to Right Tackle and putting Monroe at LT? Although Albert did play pretty good for a rookie I suppose it wouldn't make alot of sense to move him to RT.

MTG#10
03-04-2009, 04:41 PM

Ive already asked him this. If we switch to a 3-4, his answer is Raji (I agree). I couldnt get an answer out of him if we stayed at a 4-3, but he seemed to lean more towards OT.

Detoxing
Never once did I say he's a cocky showboat. I tend to like that in star players if they can back it up, and it doesn't take away from their focus. TO for example works as hard/harder than anyone.

I just called him an idiot for wanting this

at #3 overall.

He's a ball player that's already on the club. I doubt Bowe gives a rats ass where the other WR comes from, as long as he gets a playmaker on the other side of the field with him. I doubt that he follows this shit as much as we do, and if everyone is telling him that Crabtree is the best, then he's gonna go by it. If drafted Crabs at #3, i wouldn't complain. Maybe Haley and Pioli know something that we dont.

Kyle DeLexus

And this. Burner who has the talent. I had hoped he would fall to us in the 2nd, but it doesn't look like he will fall now. And of course we don't have our 2nd.

Mecca
What about moving Albert to Right Tackle and putting Monroe at LT? Although Albert did play pretty good for a rookie I suppose it wouldn't make alot of sense to move him to RT.

You're still essentially using a top 15 pick on a RT...and then when the contract comes up you're going to have an RT that wants LT money.

Detoxing
03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Ive already asked him this. If we switch to a 3-4, his answer is Raji (I agree). I couldnt get an answer out of him if we stayed at a 4-3, but he seemed to lean more towards OT.

I wouldn't mind Raji either. Dude is monster.

Count Zarth
03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
His real reaction:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6609/bowe.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bowe.jpg)

Blick
03-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Heyward-Bey is the Vernon Davis of WR's. Oh, he ran a 4.3 at the combine you say? Cool. Where was his production on the field?

ROFL at people thinking Crabtree, the guy who actually produced on the field, has question marks.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Heyward-Bey is the Vernon Davis of WR's. Oh, he ran a 4.3 at the combine you say? Cool. Where was his production on the field?

ROFL at people thinking Crabtree, the guy who actually produced on the field, has question marks.

Any shitty scrub can produce in the spread, where is Jarrett Hicks great NFL career?

Darius Heyward-Bey comes from Maryland where he had no QB...they did anything including giving him handoffs to get him the ball because he was far and away their best player...

To act like he never produced is stupid and to say Crabtree is better because he produced more is dishonest because he's in a system that inflates numbers.

Detoxing
03-04-2009, 04:44 PM
You're still essentially using a top 15 pick on a RT...and then when the contract comes up you're going to have an RT that wants LT money.

I agree. I think investing another high draft pick on the O line again wouldn't be good financially. They will both come for big pay days, and we'll only keep one. It's essentially a draft pick for a player that we'll have for 4 years...

Kyle DeLexus
03-04-2009, 04:45 PM
He's a ball player that's already on the club. I doubt Bowe gives a rats ass where the other WR comes from, as long as he gets a playmaker on the other side of the field with him. I doubt that he follows this shit as much as we do, and if everyone is telling him that Crabtree is the best, then he's gonna go by it. If drafted Crabs at #3, i wouldn't complain. Maybe Haley and Pioli know something that we dont.

He is wanting someone that will make him better....plain and simple. If he cared about the team he would see that our D lost us a lot of football games last season and would want that addressed. It is tough to fix with this draft though. If only Curry could rush the passer, but Raji is a pretty sweet name so thats a plus.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:46 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyjaBWuo4zA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyjaBWuo4zA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Look at that WR who never produced.

Fruit Ninja
03-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Any shitty scrub can produce in the spread, where is Jarrett Hicks great NFL career?

Darius Heyward-Bey comes from Maryland where he had no QB...they did anything including giving him handoffs to get him the ball because he was far and away their best player...

To act like he never produced is stupid and to say Crabtree is better because he produced more is dishonest because he's in a system that inflates numbers.

ughh, we are probably going to be running alot of spread formations. Alot of shotguns like the Patriots and the Cardinals did last year.

I just dont think this is going to be a power running back kind of team. The Chiefs are goign to fling it.

notorious
03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I agree with you on a lot of posts, Mecca, but I will bring up a point that I think you brought up a few months ago: Watch out for the Combine warriors. The guys that post amazing measurables and shoot up the draft board are the ones to be worried about.

If you liked H-B before the combine, I apologize.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
ughh, we are probably going to be running alot of spread formations. Alot of shotguns like the Patriots and the Cardinals did last year.

I just dont think this is going to be a power running back kind of team. The Chiefs are goign to fling it.

That's nice and all but even if you do that in the NFL it's nothing like doing it in college where you can get a matchup of your best player on their 2 star scrub CB from some little town. The worst CB's in the NFL were almost all the best players on their college teams.

Also a WR from the spread has not run many NFL routes, doesn't come from a regular NFL passing tree and so forth, so he has big numbers but his learning curve is steeper.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 04:52 PM
I agree with you on a lot of posts, Mecca, but I will bring up a point that I think you brought up a few months ago: Watch out for the Combine warriors. The guys that post amazing measurables and shoot up the draft board are the ones to be worried about.

These are the stats of him by year...

2005 RS - - - -
2006 13 45 694 15.4 5
2007 13 51 786 15.4 3
2008 12 42 609 14.5 5
Totals 38 138 2,089 15.1 13

Now if anyone here can name another Maryland player or say that is unproductive I will be stunned, I don't consider him a combine riser I consider him a productive player that was saddled with a bad team that has more top end talent than the other receivers do/

Tiger's Fan
03-04-2009, 05:05 PM
a. I like that Cassel reached out to Bowe, and watched film on him...

b. Bowe, unlike Waters, knows his place in the franchise....and it ain't GM or coach

Yep, more guys need to know their place, and worry about their own job. It's no myth that it takes everyone doing their job correctly for any system to function smoothly.

And I think Cassel may just be a student of the game, and no prima donna. It would be nice to have some leadership on this team for a change.

warrior
03-04-2009, 05:07 PM
These are the stats of him by year...

2005 RS - - - -
2006 13 45 694 15.4 5
2007 13 51 786 15.4 3
2008 12 42 609 14.5 5
Totals 38 138 2,089 15.1 13

Now if anyone here can name another Maryland player or say that is unproductive I will be stunned, I don't consider him a combine riser I consider him a productive player that was saddled with a bad team that has more top end talent than the other receivers do/

That Maryland QB sucks. Surprised Bey wasn't hurt going up to get most of them passes. He's exactlly the type of reciever to compiment bowe.

Kyle DeLexus
03-04-2009, 05:08 PM

I know you weren't talking to me here, but I said that I Wated HB also.

I didn't see Heyward-Bey in this one. He would be another one I'd take a long look at if he fell to us in the 2nd.

Posted on 1-21-09 after Rotoworld's 1st mock. He's my #1 reciever in terms of potential.

JASONSAUTO
03-04-2009, 05:09 PM
That onside kick drop at the end just kinda put the exclamation point on the problem for a lot of people.

OH YOU mean the one where he was hit by 2 players?:p

JASONSAUTO
03-04-2009, 05:15 PM

HB ran the ball 25 times in three years, and 138 receptions avgabout 15 ypc, crabtree did produce MUCH more and for a slow guy had about a 13 ypc avg p

Mecca
03-04-2009, 05:16 PM
ANYONE can have big numbers in the college spread when you throw it 50 times a game...if pure spread production was all that mattered there'd be successful NFL WR's from Texas Tech other than Wes Welker.

You take into account natural talent, situations and such.

I still feel Crabtree has done nothing to separate himself or answer any of his questions.

Valiant
03-04-2009, 05:16 PM

Or trade down if that is the case..

Deberg_1990
03-04-2009, 05:18 PM
People are just hard on Bowe because they can see that, as good as he is, he has the potential to be much better.

In his "sophomore slump" season, he had a case of the dropsies... but was still a 1,000 yard receiver. He's a talented, valuable weapon.

I'm excited about his future.

This.

Compare DBowes first two years against guys like Terrel Owens and Marvin Harrison.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Or trade down if that is the case..

Well another team has to actually want to move up you know.

Valiant
03-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I dont know why people think Bowe had bad hands. He has pretty damned good hands. What his problem is, is that he tries to run before catching the damned ball. He will learn and fix that problem as the years go by. Hell, i think he's going to have a hell of a year. Bowe makes some amazing circus catches. The guy doesnt have stone hands. He has a looking to run before actually having the ball problem. That can be corrected.

Umm that is still bad hands..

He does make some amazing catches, but he drops some downright simple ones.. So far in two pro season he has not improved upon it, maybe he needs to work out with other people in the offseason to shore it up.. I am thinking Fitz could help him..

kysirsoze
03-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Bowe worries me a little when he talks like this. If he thinks he's great now, what is he gonna think of himself when he actually becomes great. He's got diva written all over him. At least Haley won't be afraid to put him in his place.

Fruit Ninja
03-04-2009, 05:22 PM

He does make some amazing catches, but he drops some downright simple ones.. So far in two pro season he has not improved upon it, maybe he needs to work out with other people in the offseason to shore it up.. I am thinking Fitz could help him..

I dont think thats the case at all. Tony Gonzalez had 20 drops his 2nd year in the league. He has some of the best hands from a tight end ever. He's going to be fine. We just need a competent fucking head coach.

Mecca
03-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Some guys are always going to drop balls, dropping balls was a knock on him when he was in the draft.

Deberg_1990
03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Bowe worries me a little when he talks like this. If he thinks he's great now, what is he gonna think of himself when he actually becomes great. He's got diva written all over him. At least Haley won't be afraid to put him in his place.

Dude, relax. All good WR's have a certain arrogance about themselves.

This is a problem Mecca and I have talked about for awhile. The KC fanbase mentality is: " We only need to have nice guys on our team"

FAX
03-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Hmmm. I really like the fact that Cassel reached out to Bowe. Nice.

As for Bowe's attitude, I'm all for a little self-confidence in a wide receiver. I only hope he practices catching footballs as often as he reminds himself how awesome he is.

FAX

LOCOChief
03-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Bowe: It's been tough but it made me a great player The more quarterbacks I played with, the better I became. Everybody has their different style, which makes me better because now I know that if we're ever in a game and we have to switch quarterbacks, we'll be prepared for it.

2 things, be humble, and don't drop the ball.

stevieray
03-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Dude, relax. All good WR's have a certain arrogance about themselves.

This is a problem Mecca and I have talked about for awhile. The KC fanbase mentality is: " We only need to have nice guys on our team"

there is a big difference between arrogant and nice.

Count Zarth
03-04-2009, 05:39 PM
there is a big difference between arrogant and nice.

Dan Marino was arrogant.

veist
03-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Bowe comes across more as confident than arrogant in that whole exchange to me. For instance here "Then they were asking me 'Do you know what your stats are going to be like?' Things happen for a reason", if he was arrogant he'd have been saying "I'm putting up 20TDs". On the topic of Heyward-Bay, at the combine he just put up the numbers people who watched him play expected honestly.

R&GHomer
03-04-2009, 06:06 PM

This might be wishful thinking, but Haley is going to get Bowe to fix that shite or he's not going to be around very long. New Mayor, new Sheriff... Bowe better invest in some humble pills.

KcMizzou
03-04-2009, 06:08 PM
This might be wishful thinking, but Haley is going to get Bowe to fix that shite or he's not going to be around very long. New Mayor, new Sheriff... Bowe better invest in some humble pills.I don't doubt that Haley can help Bowe get better... but the guy's not even close to getting is walking papers. That's just silly.

crazycoffey
03-04-2009, 06:10 PM

sure, he's fast - but converted track stars don't #3 picks make. little rough, he gets his routes running cleaner and I'm with you.

crazycoffey
03-04-2009, 06:10 PM
No consideration for Maclin? Obvious Mizzou bias aside, I think if I were forced to take a WR for this team... I'd take Maclin over Crabtree.

concur, and over heyward-bey too, IMO

R&GHomer
03-04-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't doubt that Haley can help Bowe get better... but the guy's not even close to getting is walking papers. That's just silly.

I didn't mean to imply that he was on the cusp or anything, that would be ridiculous. I just meant that I think Haley is going to come down on him a bit and try to coach him up and it would be in his best interest to listen, because Haley will not hesitate to call him out.

LOCOChief
03-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Bowe comes across more as confident than arrogant in that whole exchange to me. For instance here "Then they were asking me 'Do you know what your stats are going to be like?' Things happen for a reason", if he was arrogant he'd have been saying "I'm putting up 20TDs". On the topic of Heyward-Bay, at the combine he just put up the numbers people who watched him play expected honestly.

Maybe I'm old school but I don't think any player should have to tell you they've become a "great player"that's why they play the game, especially asecond year player who suffers intermittent case of the drops.

Denver Dave
03-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Broncos fans applaud the Chiefs acquisition of Cassel.

It's the same old shit that has been going on at Arrowhead for the last 20 years. No guts. Instead of making the bold move to draft a potential franchise QB like Stafford and Sanchez, the Chiefs settled for somebody else's backup with limited upside, i.e. Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Trent Green. A noodle armed quarterback that scares no one!

For the last 20 years, the Chiefs either take on somebody else's trash or they go with a short-term option (Joe Montana, Steve DeBerg, Damon Huard).

THE CURSE OF TODD BLACKLEDGE LIVES!!!

the Talking Can
03-04-2009, 06:24 PM
I LOVE HOT GAY SEX

stupid noobs

Count Zarth
03-04-2009, 06:24 PM
some like it hot

keg in kc
03-04-2009, 06:25 PM
and some like it gay.

Some go for the best of both worlds.

Blick
03-04-2009, 06:28 PM

Comparing Jarrett Hicks to Crabtree is retarded.

Heyward-Bey is impressive physically...so was Vernon Davis coming out of the same school, with the same QB excuse you gave...

If he's in a system that inflates numbers, then why aren't we treating him like Hicks, and every QB that comes out of Texas Tech? Why is he considered by everyone to be a top 5-10 pick in the draft?

Because his numbers were THAT good.

R&GHomer
03-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Maybe I'm old school but I don't think any player should have to tell you they've become a "great player"that's why they play the game, especially asecond year player who suffers intermittent case of the drops.

That's kind of the way I feel. Bowe has the potential to be a great receiver, keyword being "potential". He isn't great, not by any stretch.... Helllllooooooo, how many games did your team win over the last two years? How many last second, heroic catches have you made to help push your team to victory??

Proclaiming yourself a great player at this point in your career is fat headed. JMHO

melbar
03-04-2009, 06:33 PM

I know you arent high on the guy, but just about every evaluator is calling him the best LB prospect in several years. I know your feelings about ILB and pass rushing, but he's excelled at every aspect of the game at LB except pass rushing to this point. I know Rivers was well regarded as a top 10 pick, but even he had questions about smoothness in coverage and relying on athleticism to make up for some deficiencys. I dont recall Highsmith being a top 10 consideration if thats the other you are refering to?

keg in kc
03-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Receivers need swagger. You can have that and still be a good human being.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm usually the last person to call a player out for things like this, but damn...
How many times did he mention his own production and how he'll benefit?
How about the team?

That'll help your productivity!

Uh, the interviewer was pushing that angle.

Take notes Waters! ROFL

These.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/Mr_T_is_Yodaashx.jpg
"Soooo certain are you"?
"Receiver? Meh"
"Left Tackle? Meh"; a competent GM craves
NOT THESE THINGS when two elite QB
prospects are on the board"!
"You are RECKLESS"! :D

KcMizzou
03-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Receivers need swagger. You can have that and still be a good human being.Agreed.

Defenses need it too.

R&GHomer
03-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Receivers need swagger. You can have that and still be a good human being.

I know what you're saying and I'm not saying he's not a good person. I just hate to think of him turning into a Moss, Owens type douche bag. I guess I've just always appreciated the Barry Saunders "sp" Jerry Rice's of the game. They don't have to tell you they're great.

KcMizzou
03-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Barry Saunders was awesome.

His brother Al should have won the Chiefs job over Gunther... but hind sight's 20/20.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2009, 06:47 PM

It's the same old shit that has been going on at Arrowhead for the last 20 years. No guts. Instead of making the bold move to draft a potential franchise QB like Stafford and Sanchez, the Chiefs settled for somebody else's backup with limited upside, i.e. Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Trent Green. A noodle armed quarterback that scares no one!

For the last 20 years, the Chiefs either take on somebody else's trash or they go with a short-term option (Joe Montana, Steve DeBerg, Damon Huard).

A Bronco fan talking shit after:

-his team collapses
-fires the only coach that ever took them anywhere
-hires a coach completely over his head
-said coach tries to trade "franchise" QB for the "someone else's backup with limiited upside"

In conclusion, fuck off.

R&GHomer
03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Barry Saunders was awesome.

His brother Al should have won the Chiefs job over Gunther... but hind sight's 20/20.

:rolleyes: aren't you the witty one

KcMizzou
03-04-2009, 06:51 PM
:rolleyes: aren't you the witty oneDamned straight.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 06:54 PM

You are soooo gonna' suck my balls on draft day.

R&GHomer
03-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Damned straight.

Guess I'm just old school on this one. It's one thing to have confidence in yourself and know what you're capable of, it's an entirely different thing to just act like a self absorbed ass hat. I'm not saying he's at that point.... but you're blind if you don't see the potential.

Bottom line is, there is a reason why the Moss's and Owen's of the NFL get shopped around more than a top shelf hooker. After the love shoots out of you and they open there mouth to speak, the end has already begun.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Guess I'm just old school on this one. It's one thing to have confidence in yourself and know what you're capable of, it's an entirely different thing to just act like a self absorbed ass hat. I'm not saying he's at that point.... but you're blind if you don't see the potential.

Bottom line is, there is a reason why the Moss's and Owen's of the NFL get shopped around more than a top shelf hooker. After the love shoots out of you and they open there mouth to speak, the end has already begun.

LMAO

Dark Horse
03-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Michael Crabtree is big bodied for hs height and he has good hands but he's going to have the lingering question if he can separate or not.

That question won't linger for long. Once he steps on the field in the Not For Long league everyone will know.

munkey
03-04-2009, 08:32 PM
That question won't linger for long. Once he steps on the field in the Not For Long league everyone will know.

Agreed...He is SO over rated. Hopefully the raiders take him at 6.:)

Dark Horse
03-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Agreed...He is SO over rated. Hopefully the raiders take him at 6.:)

I was not agreeing I'm just stating that The NFL answers those type of questions very quickly.

munkey
03-04-2009, 08:36 PM
I was not agreeing I'm just stating that The NFL answers those type of questions very quickly.

Yep...Just like Sanchez and Stanford. In some eyes they are all HOF's yet haven't played a down in the NFL.

Denver Dave
03-04-2009, 08:45 PM
A Bronco fan talking shit after:

-his team collapses

So 2-14 gives you the right to talk shit?

I love that the Kansas City Chiefs are in the NFL record book right next to: Fewest Sacks By Team (Season)

-fires the only coach that ever took them anywhere

Well the only coach that took you anywhere has been gone for 35 years.

At least Red Miller and Dan Reeves took us on a Super Bowl vacation.

-hires a coach completely over his head

His W-L record will speak for itself. It would be premature for me to say Todd Haley is over his head at this point in time.

-said coach tries to trade "franchise" QB for the "someone else's backup with limiited upside"

Cutler is still a Bronco so it's irrelevant. I will take my chances with our guy over yours!

In conclusion, **** off.

God Bless You.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Yep...Just like Sanchez and Stanford. In some eyes they are all HOF's yet haven't played a down in the NFL.

Yes, that's exactly it; we're all just a bunch of fucking Homers who never watched games, never watched film, and did no research for months on these guys.

You're right, we're wrong, and we should just bow down gracefully to the will of herd because you're all so much more in tune with the ways of professional football.

And if you believe what I just typed, then your as dumb as that fucking picture in your avatar suggests.

SBK
03-04-2009, 08:52 PM

You tell yourself whatever you need to, we know which QB your coach would prefer.

munkey
03-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Yes, that's exactly it; we're all just a bunch of ****ing Homers who never watched games, never watched film, and did no research for months on these guys.

You're right, we're wrong, and we should just bow down gracefully to the will of herd because you're all so much more in tune with the ways of professional football.

And if you believe what I just typed, then your as dumb as that ****ing picture in your avatar suggests.

Why are you being a dick???

-King-
03-04-2009, 08:55 PM

I dont know why people are saying Bowe was arrogant in this interview. I mean, everything he said was correct. Working with 3 different qbs in one season DOES make him better. He has had to adjust(and he adjusted pretty well) to three differently thrown balls. How the hell does that make him better?

What would you like for him to say?

And all WRs are overconfident. All the great ones know they are good and show it. After the plays, no matter if they were quadripal covered, they need to have the cockiness to say "The qb should have thrown it to me! I was wide open". Thats the attitude any WR should have.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2009, 08:56 PM

I love that the Kansas City Chiefs are in the NFL record book right next to: Fewest Sacks By Team (Season)

Hey asshole - look up at the address bar on your webpage. It says Chiefsplanet. It doesn't say Orangemane or any other homo-erotic Broncos message boards where you and your boyfriends can circle jerk yourselves over signing another never-was RB.

How does a fan of a team that choked that bad have the balls to even open his mouth after the clusterfuck your front office and new HC have presented?

10 years and 35 years have a lot of things in common. They are both a long time ago and no one gives a fuck.

Congratulations, you got to be a bridesmaid those times.

Cutler is still a Bronco so it's irrelevant. I will take my chances with our guy over yours!

Funny, if it's irrelevant, then why hasn't your guy talked to the coach since it happened? Why has Josh McDaniels gone into serious damage control?

Face it, jerkoff, the Broncos wanted the Chiefs QB. Since you think the Broncos are so high and mighty, you must also respect the opinion of your new coach. Say it to yourself one more time....

The Broncos wanted the Chiefs QB.

Spin it any way you want, but the QB you are dogging is the same one that your head coach was willing to trade your "franchise" QB for.

God Bless You.

Die in a fire.

DaneMcCloud
03-04-2009, 09:07 PM

No, it absolutely DOES NOT.

It can take years for players to ascend and meet their potential. The question of whether or not they belong in the NFL generally cannot be answered quickly, especially for players picked on Day Two.

munkey
03-04-2009, 09:09 PM

It can take years for players to ascend and meet their potential. The question of whether or not they belong in the NFL generally cannot be answered quickly, especially for players picked on Day Two.

This...

Thanks Dane

Dark Horse
03-04-2009, 09:09 PM

The question was can he separate or not. That question will be answered quickly.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 09:12 PM

Two is a great number. And by last count, that's exactly how many Hall Of Famer's your beloved shit pile has produced since Lamar Hunt gave the OK for the abortion you call a franchise to be born.

Moving on.

Yes, you were just a fucking powerhouse prior to ol' Rat Face McCheese-Eater, and with that Martini-Lunching owner and Ultra-Whiny douchebag of a Quarterback who'd just as soon piss on you and go elsewhere at the helm; I'm sure you'll return to your "powerhouse" status sooner rather than later.

Up Next!

His W-L record will speak for itself. It would be premature for me to say Todd Haley is over his head at this point in time.
It's certainly been telling one hell of an entertaining bedtime tale so far.

Cutler is still a Bronco so it's irrelevant. I will take my chances with our guy over yours!Chances; that's a great way to look at it. Sorta' like, what were the "chances" that a Chiefs team under the brilliant coaching of Herm Edwards would completely wipe the field with your asses upon our first meeting in the 2008 season?

God Bless You.
Eat Fuck Pie.

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I will be major pissed if we take Crabtree. That is one pick that will make lose a little faith in Pioli. That said, I don't see it happening.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
I will be major pissed if we take Crabtree. That is one pick that will make lose a little faith in Pioli. That said, I don't see it happening.

I guess it could happen.

Pioli is going to also get Haley's input in this situation. If it's one thing Haley knows - it's WRs.

I'll still put my trust in Pioli is Crabtree is taken.

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 09:19 PM
The Draft bust from USC. Your Sarcasm meter sucks.

I think your sarcasm machine sucks.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Why are you being a dick???

Because I am sick and tired of hearing about what a "risk" it would be to develop a TRUE franchise quarterback as opposed to picking carrion off the bench of some other team like a goddamned Fire Island dick-buzzard!

It's the mind-set that pisses me off, not you. So I'm sorry for making it sound too personal, especially since you haven't really weighed-in on the debate on a regular basis.

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I guess it could happen.

Pioli is going to also get Haley's input in this situation. If it's one thing Haley knows - it's WRs.

I like everything he's done so far, but we don't need another WR like crabtree the way we need everything else.

DaneMcCloud
03-04-2009, 09:21 PM
I guess it could happen.

Considering that Haley helped to develop a 5th round receiver into a 1,000 yard receiver in his 2nd year (while two other receivers topped 1,000 yards), I really think the Chiefs will pass on Crabtree at #3.

That said, I'd be absolutely shocked if the Chiefs are picking at #3 when their card is up.

I think he'll trade back, regardless of the "Draft Chart".

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Because I am sick and tired of hearing about what a "risk" it would be to develop a TRUE franchise quarterback as opposed to picking carrion of the bench of some other team like a goddamned Fire Island dick-buzzard!

It's the mind-set that pisses me off, not you. So I'm sorry for making it sound too personal, especially since you haven't really weighed-in on the debate on a regular basis.

Thing is if Cassel doesn't work out we're not stuck with him like we would be with Stafford or Sanchez. I didn't want Cassel, but after we ass raped NE for him I can live with it. Got a QB, and still have #3 overall.

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Considering that Haley helped to develop a 5th round receiver into a 1,000 yard receiver in his 2nd year (while two other receivers topped 1,000 yards), I really think the Chiefs will pass on Crabtree at #3.

That said, I'd be absolutely shocked if the Chiefs are picking at #3 when their card is up.

Agreed. Fingers crossed. I'd like to get some more picks with these guys putting in the cards.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 09:26 PM

Stepping up to take that pick with Pioli doing the bartering would be suicidal; I don't see it happening.

Unless of course the Hunt Family would like to own TWO NFL Franchises...:D

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Stepping up to take that pick with Pioli doing the bartering would be suicidal; I don't see it happening.

Unless of course the Hunt Family would like to own TWO NFL Franchises...:D

Don't underestimate the stupidity of a lot of GMs out there. Honestly, I think teams are going to be trying to get up there for Curry believe it or no.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Thing is if Cassel doesn't work out we're not stuck with him like we would be with Stafford or Sanchez. I didn't want Cassel, but after we ass raped NE for him I can live with it. Got a QB, and still have #3 overall.

And until I know with absolute certainty that the 3rd overall has been dealt out to another team?

We're building for the future and taking the understudy.

stlchiefs
03-04-2009, 09:30 PM

YES! The guy could, note could, but a great receiver if he stopped dropping catchable balls. He can make great plays, he needs to start making the routine ones too.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Don't underestimate the stupidity of a lot of GMs out there. Honestly, I think teams are going to be trying to get up there for Curry believe it or no.

That kid is Detroit-bound.

Bank it.

SBK
03-04-2009, 09:36 PM
That kid is Detroit-bound.

Bank it.

If that happens I'll be very disappointed we won't be drafting Stafford.

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 09:41 PM
And until I know with absolute certainty that the 3rd overall has been dealt out to another team?

We're building for the future and taking the understudy.

Brady was Bledsoe's understudy.

I we can protect him, TG, and D-Bo are going to make him a star.

HIChief
03-04-2009, 09:43 PM

Devon Bess came from one of "those" onerous systems, and he is doing really well in Miami. I've seen Crabtree make some incredible plays. So, I'm less worried about his ability to produce than I am his health.

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Heyward-Bay is exactly the kind of WR this team needs.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 09:49 PM
If that happens I'll be very disappointed we won't be drafting Stafford.

Because you think St. Louis will take him?

Look; a portion of Cassel's money came in the door when the "Drab Four" were sent packing two days before the announcement of Vrable.

Cassel will more than likely get a restructured contract for 2 or 3 years at the most. Regardless of what every media hack in KC would like to propagate, this kid is getting his shot, and not the keys to the entire fucking kingdom. The comments from Haley and Pioli make this very clear.

Expect Martin and Gray to be out the door soon, unless we hold them until the first day of drafting is done in order to show a "false hand" to the rest of the NFL.

Croyle's contract will more than likely be either settled, or he'll ride the IR/PUP to finish it out in the 2009 season.

The bottom line is; I'm not admitting defeat for this franchise until it's crystal clear that we have lost.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Brady was Bledsoe's understudy.

I we can protect him, TG, and D-Bo are going to make him a star.

And so shall it be with candidate #1 or candidate #2. You gotta' remember man; this ain't Carl's house no more.

You don't get to collect a check for growing old gracefully or being a nice guy.

The order of the day at Arrowhead regarding the roster from here on out is, "Keep the tree trimmed and healthy, rotate/acquire talent as necessary".

Hallelujah!

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
And so shall it be with candidate #1 or candidate #2. You gotta' remember man; this ain't Carl's house no more.

You don't get to collect a check for growing old gracefully or being a nice guy.

The order of the day at Arrowhead regarding the roster from here on out is, "Keep the tree trimmed and healthy, rotate/acquire talent as necessary".

Hallelujah!

I see Tony becoming a happy camper half way through the 2009 season, buying into the "New" Chiefs, staying with the Chiefs, AND producing through the 2011 season.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 10:16 PM
I see Tony becoming a happy camper half way through the 2009 season, buying into the "New" Chiefs, staying with the Chiefs, AND producing through the 2011 season.

I believe he can do it! He's keeping himself in fantastic shape, and a competent QB like Cassel should be able to spread the workload out better so that he's not getting so banged up.

Tony has spent his entire career in KC, and I don't find him to be so crass that he's doing it just for money. He was the house "Golden Boy" for the last 5 years with Carl to be for sure, but you gotta' remember; Arrowhead is a fucking drug bro', and it's addictive.

When that place is on fire, and big plays are being made, it is energy to the millionth-power, and louder than God.

All Gonzo needs is a little reminder of that a few times, and he'll be dug-in and ready to wage WAR!

:rockon:

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 11:09 PM
I believe he can do it! He's keeping himself in fantastic shape, and a competent QB like Cassel should be able to spread the workload out better so that he's not getting so banged up.

Tony has spent his entire career in KC, and I don't find him to be so crass that he's doing it just for money. He was the house "Golden Boy" for the last 5 years with Carl to be for sure, but you gotta' remember; Arrowhead is a ****ing drug bro', and it's addictive.

When that place is on fire, and big plays are being made, it is energy to the millionth-power, and louder than God.

All Gonzo needs is a little reminder of that a few times, and he'll be dug-in and ready to wage WAR!

:rockon:

I have no doubt that TG can be a top TE for a few more years. If we can win 8 games next season, I believe he will be motivated, and will be worth more to us than any team will give us for him.

Short Leash Hootie
03-04-2009, 11:17 PM

I hope Crabtree is the man in the NFL...I love how the drafturbators have already casted him off as a bust...

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 11:22 PM
I hope Crabtree is the man in the NFL...I love how the drafturbators have already casted him off as a bust...

I don't think anyone thinks he's gonna be a bust. I don't anyway. I just don't think he's what we need, or that he will ever be a dominant receiver, which is what you would be looking for at #3.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 11:26 PM
I have no doubt that TG can be a top TE for a few more years. If we can win 8 games next season, I believe he will be motivated, and will be worth more to us than any team will give us for him.

Damn straight.

Darth CarlSatan
03-04-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't think anyone thinks he's gonna be a bust. I don't anyway. I just don't think he's what we need, or that he will ever be a dominant receiver, which is what you would be looking for at #3.

You wanna' talk about taking a risk, how in the merry, happy hell is he NOT the biggest risk of all in the projected upper echelons?!?!?

I understand the wins and watching the tape( believe me ), but there exists with Crabtree an ACTUAL MEDICAL ISSUE/RISK!!!!

How the fuck people don't get or accept this kind of thing, and still "Homer-On" zealously is beyond me! :doh!:

Short Leash Hootie
03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
great...we got bold, italics and underlining all in one post!!!

jAZ
03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Kansas City has the third pick in the NFL Draft. I know you don't like to deal with front-office stuff, but let's say you were the G.M. Who should the Chiefs take at No. 3 overall?
Bowe: "Michael Crabtree. I love competition, he's a good guy and he'll stretch the field...

Intersting, because that seems to be the primary criticism of most people around here. "Good hands, but we need someone who will stretch the field."

If Bowe knows what he's talking about, then I think there's a chance we take Crabtree.

unothadeal
03-04-2009, 11:51 PM

Don't forget CAPS and a smiley

Darth CarlSatan
03-05-2009, 12:03 AM

It's called articulation; look it up sometime.

See, you have to do this kind of thing because consumer technology has not yet reached the point where I could could physically bludgeon your cornhole with a claw-hammer( virtual or otherwise ), so a firm grasp of the nuances of the King's English is the palette we are still required to work from.

Dick.

soundmind
03-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Intersting, because that seems to be the primary criticism of most people around here. "Good hands, but we need someone who will stretch the field."

If Bowe knows what he's talking about, then I think there's a chance we take Crabtree.

I don't believe DBowe has any scouting credentials, so I don't really give two sh*ts what he says. In this draft, if you want speed and depth, or immediate impact, I'd prefer to have DHB or Maclin from a lower draft selection, but thats just unlikely. I think we're essentially "stuck" with the 3rd overall pick, and will have to trust they chose the BPA. Be that OL, OLB or WR.

I would be hesitant on Crabtree. I had question marks all over him before I found out he's somewhat prone to injuries. He played in the Big 12, in a spread offense as the primary receiver. In case you were under a rock, the Big 12 didn't have a single team with a decent defense this year or last for that matter. I believe his stats are inflated, as is his game tape due to inferior competition, and he'll be the rough equivalent of Charles Rogers/Devery Henderson (high selection, plague of injuries).

I'm not against Crabtree mind you, but they were entertaining Engram for f*ck sake. Maybe they're adding depth and people like Franklin, Engram and Bradley have the preseason to win the 3rd WR spot behind someone like Crabtree? I wouldn't do it though. Give me Boldin.

Darth CarlSatan
03-05-2009, 12:13 AM
I don't believe DBowe has any scouting credentials, so I don't really give two sh*ts what he says. In this draft, if you want speed and depth, or immediate impact, I'd prefer to have DHB or Maclin from a lower draft selection, but thats just unlikely. I think we're essentially "stuck" with the 3rd overall pick, and will have to trust they chose the BPA. Be that OL, OLB or WR.

I would be hesitant on Crabtree. I had question marks all over him before I found out he's somewhat prone to injuries. He played in the Big 12, in a spread offense as the primary receiver. In case you were under a rock, the Big 12 didn't have a single team with a decent defense this year or last for that matter. I believe his stats are inflated, as is his game tape due to inferior competition, and he'll be the rough equivalent of Charles Rogers/Devery Henderson (high selection, plague of injuries).

I'm not against Crabtree mind you, but they were entertaining Engram for f*ck sake. Maybe they're adding depth and people like Franklin, Engram and Bradley have the preseason to win the 3rd WR spot behind someone like Crabtree? I wouldn't do it though. Give me Boldin.

Hey man; D-Bowe and his cousin Sippio ROCKED THE CASBAH!

Oh wait...:doh!:

soundmind
03-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Hey man; D-Bowe and his cousin Sippio ROCKED THE CASBAH!

Oh wait...:doh!:

Hard Knocks was the best and only thing to ever happen to Bobby Sippio. ROFL

Mecca
03-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Devon Bess came from one of "those" onerous systems, and he is doing really well in Miami. I've seen Crabtree make some incredible plays. So, I'm less worried about his ability to produce than I am his health.

I was actually a fan of Bess...lets understand value here Bess went undrafted we're talking about a guy some people are discussing with the 3rd overall pick.

Darth CarlSatan
03-05-2009, 12:36 AM
Hard Knocks was the best and only thing to ever happen to Bobby Sippio. ROFL

Yeah, but look who they cut him for. Meh. He did showcase good hands.:shrug:

soundmind
03-05-2009, 12:42 AM
I was rooting for the guy, I thought it would have been great to have located a needle in a haystack, but he was just 2 steps too slow.

HIChief
03-05-2009, 01:05 AM
I was actually a fan of Bess...lets understand value here Bess went undrafted we're talking about a guy some people are discussing with the 3rd overall pick.

Good point. I forgot about that. Speaking of forgotten things, wasn't Will Franklin supposed to be our field stretcher? I know he got hurt last season, but let's not forget the talent we already have in the fold. Last year, everyone here seemed high on him. Now, he's yesterday's news. How does he stack up against this Macklin dude now being bantered about?

Mecca
03-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Franklin ran a fast 40, but at the same time he was coming from the spread so adjustment period and such.

bdeg
03-05-2009, 01:25 AM
Franklin and Bradley both have solid potential to be good #2's.

Mecca
03-05-2009, 01:34 AM
As much as Bradly has been injured over his career I don't think I'd wanna rely on him.

bdeg
03-05-2009, 01:45 AM
What's his injury history? I know a lot of the time he sat in Chicago it was because he butted heads with Lovie.

Mecca
03-05-2009, 01:56 AM
What's his injury history? I know a lot of the time he sat in Chicago it was because he butted heads with Lovie.

He's blown an ACL...I'm pretty sure he's finished several seasons on IR.

kcfanXIII
03-05-2009, 02:00 AM
I WANT TO FUCK JOHN ELWAY IN THE ASS, THATS WHY I MAKE MY BOYFRIEND WEAR A NUMBER 7 JERSEY

thanks for sharing, but can you please stop yelling?

Dylan
03-05-2009, 02:03 AM
The magnitude of hiring mastermind Scott Pioli as general manager of the Chiefs, is something that cannot be unmatched. I strongly believe that Pioli is about to rock your world. I got to post his personnal philosophy on the draft and building a team.

Matt Cassel made a name for himself by showing steady improvement in the homestretch. Cassel topped 100 plus in quarterback ratings six times last season; with four coming in the month of December. No one expected New England to go 11-6.

Cassel was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week on two occasions in 2008 (Week Seven and Week 12). His contributions helped the Patriots offense average 365.4 total net yards per game the third highest total for any season in franchise history as New England totaled three of the top six single-game net yardage totals in team history.

Cassel threw for 400 yards and also ran for 62 yards, becoming the first player in NFL history to have at least 400 passing yards and 60 rushing yards in the same game.

It appears Jason Whitlock is taking heat for some not so nice remarks he made about Pioli and Cassel in his column.

With respect to Whitlock, to what intent, if any. Before he follows character assassination, follow research or journalistic integrity.

Dylan
03-05-2009, 02:08 AM
sorry, i do not have a link. this piece is behind a wall. you can probably google it. i picked it fast..

Nov. 3, 2005

Mike Mayock: In this week's edition of 'Path to the Draft' we're going to talk about the franchise that, in my opinion, is the benchmark franchise in the NFL. That is the New England Patriots. Why? Because of their sustained excellence over a period of time in an era where the salary cap seems to have thrown a lot of other franchises out of whack. What I've specifically looked to are the personnel decisions at the top-end of the draft. When you look at the New England Patriots' first and second round picks in the Scott Pioli/Bill Belichick era, they just don't miss. Take a look at this:

Logan Mankins, already starting this year as a rookie. Wilfork and Watson, significant contributors from a year ago. Marquise Hill, ready to play coming off an injury. Ty Warren, Eugene Wilson, Bethel Johnson – are you kidding me? Daniel Graham, Deion Branch, Richard Seymour, Matt Light. When I add it all up, they're about eleven for eleven with first and second round picks.

Now we'd like to welcome in the VP of Player Personnel for the New England Patriots, Scott Pioli. And Scott, first of all, thanks very much for joining us. But really, how do you continue to bat a thousand in an era where 50-50 is pretty good on the personnel side?

Scott Pioli: Thanks, Mike. You know, I'm not sure we feel that we're batting a thousand. I mean, there's a lot of work that goes into this whole thing. Philosophically, the biggest thing that we look for in our picks, and when we make decisions, is finding the right guys for our system, finding the right guys for the head coach, and finding people that, personality-wise, makeup-wise, and, of course, skill-wise, fit into what Bill tries to do and the way Bill coaches.

Mayock: Scott, when I talk to people around the league they talk about, well, the first round is about a 50-50 hit ratio. The second round it gets a little more difficult. Yet again, when you look at those ten or eleven names we just talked about, you guys are batting a thousand. And when you talk about fitting your system, I get that – you're a 3-4 defense, you like versatility – but what do you consider to be a "Patriot player"? What does that mean?

Pioli: I think what we try to do is find guys that can respond to Bill's coaching and to being a part of Bill's system. One of the things is you have to be smart. And you have to be dedicated to football. And, you have to be a true professional. We always talk about finding guys that football is one of the most important things in their lives. That manifests itself in several different ways – you see it in their work habits, you see it in their practice habits, you see it when you go to a school and do a visit. It's nice to look around and see which one of the players is spending extra time doing film work, because Bill is a very demanding coach and our system is a very demanding system. And again, we have to find the right kind of players that will fit in and do the things the way that we know that Bill is going to run things, and the demands that Bill is going to make on them not only as football players on the field physically, but again, as football players in terms of the extra commitment that he asks the players to make.

Mayock: As you spoke right there Scott, I couldn't help but think the embodiment of the Patriots player would have to be Tedy Bruschi.

Pioli: Oh, Bruschi – Tedy's a special guy. We fortunately inherited Tedy when we came here. And Tedy, makeup-wise, is very much the man that we look for our players to be. Some of the most important things to Tedy are the things that we look for. Again, a guy whose family, his faith and football are very important to him. Tedy's a true professional.
Mayock: You know, Scott, one of the things that I find really interesting is that when I talk to people around the league they're almost scared to death to be drafting in the top five or the top ten. Not necessarily because that meant they were a bad team a year ago, but there is so much pressure not to miss in that top five because of the guaranteed dollars involved. Do you and Bill sit around and just say, 'Boy, thank goodness we don't have a pick in the top five this year'?

Pioli: Fortunately, we haven't had to be in the top five, but we did have a number six pick in Richard Seymour when we took Richard. And again, something that we think is important [is] when you go to make that kind of investment, and really there is a significant difference in the dollars in one through five, but still, if you're in that top fifteen, there is a significant investment in dollars and years that you're making a commitment to a player. When we do that we want to make sure that the players that we get at that point, [that] we take a player that ... they're going to be people who are mature and can handle the lifestyle they're about to enter. It's no secret that if a player is picked in that first half of the draft they're coming into a lot of money and they're going to be changing their lifestyle dramatically. And we want to have players that we know or we feel have a real good chance to be that solid person. The two picks that have done a great job in that area are Richard Seymour and Ty Warren, who went at 14. Two guys who really came into a situation like that and have handled it truly like gentlemen and responsible people.

Mayock: Scott, from a personal standpoint you and Bill have been kind of joined at the hip. And the success, three Super Bowls in the last four years. You've been the George Young Executive of the Year, which is a tremendous honor given that it's voted on by your peers around the league. I would imagine that all of us have a little bit of an ego. Wouldn't you love to get out there and create your own animal? Just go somewhere else, start over, and build another Super Bowl champion. Is there something inside you that yearns for that?

Pioli: You know, Mike, ego is an interesting thing. It depends on what drives your ego. And again, what drives my ego is being a part of something that's very successful. When I first got into this business my goal wasn't to 'be the man,' that wasn't the thing that I got into this for. To me, it's a quality of life decision. We're fortunate enough to be in a business. And Mike, you've been in this game a long time yourself. My passion is about football. I love being around football, I love being around football people. And again, to me what's most important is coming to work every single day with people that I not only like, but I respect, and that I care about, and that share a lot of the same values not only personally, but professionally, and respect for the game. And right now that's the way things are here. Bill and I have a relationship that also transcends the professional, and it makes coming to work every single day a real treat. And again, my ego isn't such where I sit there and think about being 'the man' or being 'the guy.' Right now I'm enjoying what we have here right now. I really am.

Mayock: Scott, your passion for the game is obvious. We appreciate your time. You know, it's funny, my father always teased me – my dad coached for forty years and he thinks it's a riot that I get paid to talk about football. [Laughter] I appreciate it just as much as you do. So thanks for your time. Scott Pioli, the Vice President of Player Personnel for the New England Patriots.

Blick
03-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Mecca is an exceptional evaluator of talent.

royr17
03-05-2009, 03:13 AM
As much as I would love to have Curry, I feel the Chiefs have to draft Crabtree like Bowe thinks.

Mecca
03-05-2009, 04:07 AM
As much as I would love to have Curry, I feel the Chiefs have to draft Crabtree like Bowe thinks.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k209/gaius_baltar/butthead_beavis.gif

beach tribe
03-05-2009, 05:55 AM
He's blown an ACL...I'm pretty sure he's finished several seasons on IR.

It's a shame too. He has loads of talent.

Kerberos
03-05-2009, 06:59 AM

google came up with a few but this is the pick of the litter that I would actually post.

Hog Farmer
03-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Crabtree would make our offense potent, but we still need the right side of the OL fixed!

mlyonsd
03-05-2009, 08:01 AM
When did Bowe become a "great player" as he suggests?

Hog Farmer
03-05-2009, 08:03 AM
He had a lot of drops last year and still has averaged over 1000 yards in his 2 years. I'd say he's got bragging rights.

Molitoth
03-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Crabtree is the stupidest draft pick we can make.

Not only is WR one of the harder positions to excel in in the NFL, Crabtree can't give us a 40time,... and he has an injury ALREADY. Anyone who drafts him is taking a major risk.

If we draft any WR it should be Bey, but we shouldn't draft a WR this year cause that would be stupid.

Darth CarlSatan
03-05-2009, 08:10 AM

Not only is WR one of the harder positions to excel in in the NFL, Crabtree can't give us a 40time,... and he has an injury ALREADY. Anyone who drafts him is taking a major risk.

If we draft any WR it should be Bey, but we shouldn't draft a WR this year cause that would be stupid.

Excellent. Rep.

CoMoChief
03-05-2009, 08:13 AM

No there isn't...........and it's Herbie Hancock. ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
03-05-2009, 08:15 AM

ROFLROFLROFL REP!

KCrockaholic
03-05-2009, 08:16 AM

so your saying we shouldnt draft a WR at all in this draft? I agree, not a WR in the 1st 2 rounds, but we need to have somebody we can look to as the future opposite Bowe. If Tony is gone soon, we need that other weapon to take his place. We have to draft somebody. How bout Brian Robiskie in round 3?

DaWolf
03-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Well I will say at least it looks like we got a QB who is not shy to call up teammates and start building relationships, and not hesitant to hit the film room. That at least signals to me a good starting point in your QB. I remember Bono and Grbac were pretty much recluses...

Molitoth
03-05-2009, 08:32 AM
so your saying we shouldnt draft a WR at all in this draft? I agree, not a WR in the 1st 2 rounds, but we need to have somebody we can look to as the future opposite Bowe. If Tony is gone soon, we need that other weapon to take his place. We have to draft somebody. How bout Brian Robiskie in round 3?

Actually I was talking about just our 1st round pick. If we pick up the best WR on the board in another round, great.

What about the Robinson we got last year? Ready to give up on him? (I thought that pick was stupid anyway) but I'm willing to give him another chance this year.

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 08:44 AM
That business side, I have no clue what goes on. I haven't talked to (new G.M.) Scott Pioli yet. I try to stay out of there because I want to get my main job done. That higher office, I see it, I wave and I just keep going.

Wow. Who would have thought Brian Waters could learn something from a 2nd-year player.

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 08:47 AM
God forbid we should expect someone who is cocky and showboating back it up with actually catching the fucking ball?

Be careful with this.

Yes, he drops passes.

He's also had the two most-prolific seasons for a Chiefs WR since Stephon Paige or even Otis Taylor.

He's a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over what we've had since Carl Peterson arrived in KC and he can always get better because he's YOUNG.

If you want to bust on some people, look on the other side of the ball.

DaWolf
03-05-2009, 08:47 AM
I think we either take Curry or the best offensive lineman on the board, because if you don't have time to throw, it doesn't matter who your receivers are, and if you can't defend, often times scoring a bunch of points isn't enough...

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 08:48 AM

This.

DaWolf
03-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Be careful with this.

Yes, he drops passes.

He's also had the two most-prolific seasons for a Chiefs WR since Stephon Paige or even Otis Taylor.

He's a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over what we've had since Carl Peterson arrived in KC and he can always get better because he's YOUNG.

If you want to bust on some people, look on the other side of the ball.

This is the type of guy Haley was brought in to make a superstar out of. If nothing else, I like Haley's track record with receivers...

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 08:50 AM
I think we either take Curry or the best offensive lineman on the board, because if you don't have time to throw, it doesn't matter who your receivers are, and if you can't defend, often times scoring a bunch of points isn't enough...

I don't see us taking a tackle at #3 overall. That's an awful lot of money to tie up in a RT. I think we're going to take Raji or Curry myself.

Goapics1
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM

ROFL

Hog Farmer
03-05-2009, 12:50 PM

You dipshit!!!!! Have you watched film on this guy ??????

Larry Fitzgerald move over!

Blick
03-05-2009, 03:17 PM

Nobody cares about Crabtree's 40 time and he'll be fine when it's time to play football.

I agree though on not drafting a WR.