PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The price for boldin

RippedmyFlesh
03-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Welcome to The Show! On Tuesday, ESPN.com NFC East blogger Matt Mosley stops by to talk about the NFL offseason.

Mosley, an award-winning writer for The Dallas Morning News for seven years, joined ESPN.com in January 2007 and writes columns, features and blogs about the NFL.

Matt Mosley: Doug, I don't think the Boldin's thing going to happen unless the Giants give up a second and fourth-rounder. Jerry Reese isn't going to do that. I think there's a sense with the Giants that Burress will be back at some point next season. But that won't preclude them from looking at Nicks or Heyward-Bey in the draft.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25293

NYG 2nd and 4th 348 points according to the chart.

KC 3rd and 4th 359.
Would you trade kc 3 & 4th for boldin?

keg in kc
03-04-2009, 07:29 PM
No.

Chief Roundup
03-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Is he worth that probably but I wouldn't want to give that because we are already without a 2cd. And we need those two picks to turn into two starters LB, OL. :shrug:

RippedmyFlesh
03-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Its less than dallas gave up for williams Id take boldin between the 2 of them.

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 07:33 PM
As long as we get our RT at #3, I'm all for giving up our 3rd and 4th-round selections to get Boldin, since we need a burner opposite Bowe.

J Diddy
03-04-2009, 07:35 PM
As long as we get our RT at #3, I'm all for giving up our 3rd and 4th-round selections to get Boldin, since we need a burner opposite Bowe.

If we spend the third overall pick in the draft on a rt I'm going to hang myself.

Blick
Is he worth that probably but I wouldn't want to give that because we are already without a 2cd. And we need those two picks to turn into two starters LB, OL. :shrug:

This.

Boldin isn't a burner.

RippedmyFlesh
If the #3 pick could turn into pickSS then I would do it in a heartbeat.
Turn the #3 into a 2nd 3rd 4th pick then you d have a normal draft minus 1st round
basically for that 1st round you have cassel boldin vrabel

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
We desperately need a speedster opposite Bowe, and Boldin would be perfect for this.

Two completely different types of targets for our young, franchise QB.

CupidStunt
03-04-2009, 07:38 PM
We desperately need a speedster opposite Bowe, and Boldin would be perfect for this.

:spock:

bringbackmarty
03-04-2009, 07:39 PM
boldin aint fast ya'll.

bringbackmarty
03-04-2009, 07:40 PM
he's big, tough and like bowe on steroids

RippedmyFlesh
03-04-2009, 07:41 PM
I know
But the fact they are the same type rec isnt bad to me..the 3rd wr who will play alot can be the speed guy

Dark Horse
03-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Hes basicly David Boston part 2 and we all know how well he did after leaving Arizona. That being said I'd give up an 8th rounder for him.

Kyle DeLexus
03-04-2009, 07:42 PM

I normally never know if your serious or not at first, but this time ah haa :D

RippedmyFlesh
03-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Hes basicly David Boston part 2 and we all know how well he did after leaving Arizona. That being said I'd give up an 8th rounder for him.
Boldin has already done more than boston.

Pitt Gorilla
03-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Boldin is NOT a burner. J-Mac, though, is.

Saul Good
03-04-2009, 07:45 PM
The only scenario I could even possibly envision would be our first for Boldin and their first and second.

Dark Horse
03-04-2009, 07:47 PM
he's big, tough and like bowe on steroids

Why not just get Bowe his own roids?

RippedmyFlesh
03-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Boldin is NOT a burner. J-Mac, though, is.
Prob need at the very least 12th pick in the 1st to get him and I dont think he's going 3. Trade down and get macklin and make him dante hall part 2

MahiMike
03-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Hey, we're gettin Engram, right?

Fritz88
03-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Welcome to The Show! On Tuesday, ESPN.com NFC East blogger Matt Mosley stops by to talk about the NFL offseason.

Mosley, an award-winning writer for The Dallas Morning News for seven years, joined ESPN.com in January 2007 and writes columns, features and blogs about the NFL.

Matt Mosley: Doug, I don't think the Boldin's thing going to happen unless the Giants give up a second and fourth-rounder. Jerry Reese isn't going to do that. I think there's a sense with the Giants that Burress will be back at some point next season. But that won't preclude them from looking at Nicks or Heyward-Bey in the draft.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25293

NYG 2nd and 4th 348 points according to the chart.

KC 3rd and 4th 359.
Would you trade kc 3 & 4th for boldin?

4th and TG.

Short Leash Hootie
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM

I take it you're joking...

RippedmyFlesh
03-04-2009, 08:11 PM
4th and TG.
would you then start cottam? or get a vet on the cheap?

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Boldin's blazing 4.79 speed would make much sense opposite of Bowe's 4.86.

Who wouldn't want to spend valuable draft picks on a guy who is the polar opposite of any player currently on our roster? I mean, we'll probably just **** those picks up anyway.

This is the Patriots way.

Short Leash Hootie
03-04-2009, 08:15 PM

Who wouldn't want to spend valuable draft picks on a guy who is the polar opposite of any player currently on our roster? I mean, we'll probably just **** those picks up anyway.

Boldin is not a good fit for the Chiefs...but he is WAAAAY more valuable than a 3rd and 4th round draft pick...

Stupid ass drafturbators.

Saul Good
03-04-2009, 08:18 PM

I've never really understood the point of trying to have a big receiver on one side and a burner on the other. It makes more sense to me to have 2 of the same type. That way, you can create mismatches.

If you have one of each, a team puts their bigger corner on one guy and their faster corner on the other. If you have 2 burners or 2 maulers, one is likely to have an advantage over the corner.

RippedmyFlesh
03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Boldin is not a good fit for the Chiefs...but he is WAAAAY more valuable than a 3rd and 4th round draft pick...

I dont understand why he isnt a good fit.
I figure we will run 3 and 4 rec sets so having 2 big receivers wouldnt be a bad thing as oppossed to a team usually having only 2 wideouts on the field.

Dark Horse
03-04-2009, 08:20 PM

Bowe ran a 4.51

EyePod
03-04-2009, 08:24 PM

Ok, Boldin is like a much better Bowe. He is NOT a burner. He is great, has a great football attitude, blocks well, great work ethic, but you have to keep him happy. I'd be fine with this if we fill some holes with FA....

Short Leash Hootie
03-04-2009, 08:27 PM
I dont understand why he isnt a good fit.
I figure we will run 3 and 4 rec sets so having 2 big receivers wouldnt be a bad thing as oppossed to a team usually having only 2 wideouts on the field.

We have too many holes on our team to be giving up multiple draft picks of guys who will make 350K per year for a guy who wants $10M a season.

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 08:28 PM

Of course.

LT in the first. Boldin in the 3rd and the 4th.

boogblaster
03-04-2009, 08:28 PM
If the price is right get him ...

RustShack
03-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Maclin /mizzou fans

Short Leash Hootie
03-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Of course.

LT in the first. Boldin in the 3rd and the 4th.

Idiot.

I am not saying I think the Chiefs should make that trade.

I'm saying his value exceeds that.

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Idiot.

I am not saying I think the Chiefs should make that trade.

I'm saying his value exceeds that.

Of course.

But he would be especially valuable to the Chiefs.

bigdreams1
03-04-2009, 08:32 PM
The only scenario I could even possibly envision would be our first for Boldin and their first and second.

I would love for this to happen!! We also need to sign Kalif Barnes...he'd be a huge upgrade over sacintosh and he will prob come cheaper since he has lasted this long into free agency. That also free's up a draft pick to use for another position!

Short Leash Hootie
03-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Of course.

But he would be especially valuable to the Chiefs.

You drafturbators are fucking stupid.

Saul Good
03-04-2009, 08:41 PM
It's the equivalent of trading him for the 14th pick in the draft.

Gdaddy
03-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Just draft Crabtree and we dont need Boldin.....

Gdaddy
03-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Kalif Barnes is the poop...We definitely need him.......No one is going after him so we will get him at a great price.
God can we get a pass rusher!!!

Dark Horse
03-04-2009, 08:44 PM

D Bowe is that you?

EyePod
03-04-2009, 08:45 PM

This is stupid. Boldin is awesome. The only problems he has are attitude and injuries, and even though he has an attitude, he still plays hard on game days, and even though he gets injured, he usually comes back playing exactly the same (remember when he was out with a face).

munkey
03-04-2009, 08:49 PM

You can't be serious....Crabtree couldn't hold Boldin's jock...If you think he can your an idiot.

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 08:51 PM
You drafturbators are ****ing stupid.

:ksu:

notorious
03-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Dammit. Every WR thread has gotten a case of the "Crabs".

beach tribe
03-04-2009, 08:53 PM

Dude ran like 4.8.

Dark Horse
03-04-2009, 08:55 PM
This is stupid. Boldin is awesome. The only problems he has are attitude and injuries, and even though he has an attitude, he still plays hard on game days, and even though he gets injured, he usually comes back playing exactly the same (remember when he was out with a face).

Attitude and injuries are big problems. He is a player but I'm concerned given a chance to move on he has a higher chance of flame out than success.

Dark Horse
03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
You can't be serious....Crabtree couldn't hold Boldin's jock...If you think he can your an idiot.

You are wrong Crabtree most certainly could hold Boldins jock. I just don't think he would want to at least I hope not.

RustShack
03-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Isn't Boldin the guy who told Waters a bunch of bad stuff about Haley?

munkey
03-04-2009, 09:06 PM
You are wrong Crabtree most certainly could hold Boldins jock. I just don't think he would want to at least I hope not.

WOW....just WOW.

He's just not fast enough to demand double coverage in the NFL. I would compare him to like...Steve Largent/Chris Carter...good route runners in college but that doesn't mean it will equate to jack shit in the NFL....I mean does either have an SB ring?

IMO he's just not fast enough....or tall enough for that matter.

pr_capone
03-04-2009, 09:10 PM
I'd go LJ for Boldin straight up... and perhaps a LOW pick.

Edge is done and Hightower is not a full time back IMHO. They could use a guy like LJ and we want to be rid of him.

*edit

yeah, I know Edge is only a year older but he has a SHIT ton more miles on him than LJ does.

Dark Horse
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
WOW....just WOW.

He's just not fast enough to demand double coverage in the NFL. I would compare him to like...Steve Largent/Chris Carter...good route runners in college but that doesn't mean it will equate to jack shit in the NFL....I mean does either have an SB ring?

Are you sugguesting that Boldin is better than Largent and Carter?

-King-
03-04-2009, 09:17 PM
LJ and a 6th this year and a conditional pick next year for Boldin!! SOLD!!

Mr. Flopnuts
03-04-2009, 09:56 PM

Looks to me like they got out at ya today.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-04-2009, 09:57 PM

Huh. They got out at you too.

Gravedigger
03-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Haley won't bring him in, he probably knows his attitude behind the scenes and he's probably going to have to stay in Arizona.

redngold85
03-04-2009, 10:35 PM
bring em in...he's only 28...better than Bobby Engram

DeezNutz
03-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Huh. They got out at you too.

LMAO

Must spread reputation...

Short Leash Hootie
03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
LJ and a 6th this year and a conditional pick next year for Boldin!! SOLD!!

Yeah, if that conditional pick is a 2nd with the ability to become a 1st...

LJ has no trade value and a 6th is shit.

Rule of thumb...if it sounds good to you, it probably doesn't sound good to them.

pr_capone
03-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Looks like LJ's value in AZ might have just gone up a bit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3950351

Edge wants to be released.

Short Leash Hootie
03-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Edge has wanted to be released for the last 6 months.

redngold85
03-04-2009, 11:44 PM
make the deal Scott!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaper16
03-04-2009, 11:51 PM

Wait, I thought that "drafturbators" was your nickname for posters like Mecca, Hamas, Milkman, etc who have been accused of being smug know-it-all types. Now you're extending the nickname to posters that Mecca, Hamas, etc tend to disagree with? (DeezNuts, btw, is making fun of bad posters).

Can you, like, suck less? It'd be appreciated.

soundmind
03-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Deal #27 in a heartbeat - just get something in return. You work him in on a deal for Boldin and I feel f*ckin ridiculous. That could be a near even trade except for Larry's insane contract which makes him an F-- on the Madden scale. #27 is gonna have to restructure if he wants to land somewhere I bet.

Blick
03-05-2009, 03:46 AM
WOW....just WOW.

Wow. The assessments of players on this site is hilarious.

He's taller and faster than Boldin.

Straight line speed doesn't mean jack shit, though. You have to be quick in and out of your breaks and cuts...that's how you get separation on a corner...straight line speed has nothing to do with it unless you're running a straight up go route.

Mecca
03-05-2009, 04:16 AM
Would I take Boldin on my team, sure, he's big, physical, blocks very well, has outstanding hands and knows how to get open downfield even with his lack of top end speed...

Is he worth a 3 and 4, sure he is when you consider people think Crabtree should go in the top 10 and everyone would shit themselves in joy if he turned into the player Boldin is...

The only way you could do this if you were the Chiefs would be if you could drop in the 1st round and get the picks back so I highly doubt it happens but yes he's worth a 3 and a 4.

kstater
03-05-2009, 04:58 AM
Wow. The assessments of players on this site is hilarious.

He's taller and faster than Boldin.

Straight line speed doesn't mean jack shit, though. You have to be quick in and out of your breaks and cuts...that's how you get separation on a corner...straight line speed has nothing to do with it unless you're running a straight up go route.

We know Crabtree's fast by his great 40 time....

Don't forget him getting open against the tough press coverage in the Big 12...

The guy's never had an injury that he couldn't handle...

Mecca
03-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Notice how he doesn't talk about Crabtree comes from an offense where he doesn't run traditional routes.

PhillyChiefFan
03-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Thanks...but no.

Pioli Zombie
03-05-2009, 05:17 AM
No. No. No.
Posted via Mobile Device

PhillyChiefFan
03-05-2009, 05:20 AM
Notice how he doesn't talk about Crabtree comes from an offense where he doesn't run traditional routes.

I believe you and I are in agreement based on past conversations, but I still don't understand...ESPECIALLY after not running the combine why is he rated so high?

Maclin and Heyward-Bey even Deon Butler I believe are just as good/better receivers.

Mecca
03-05-2009, 06:01 AM
I believe you and I are in agreement based on past conversations, but I still don't understand...ESPECIALLY after not running the combine why is he rated so high?

Maclin and Heyward-Bey even Deon Butler I believe are just as good/better receivers.

Stats and hype, it helps...

Deon Butler is the pure combine guy, where the other guys produced and shined in workouts.

wild1
03-05-2009, 06:02 AM
i think back to when arizona was trying to mount that comeback in the playoffs and he was throwing a fit on the sidelines about not getting the ball.

i dont want that guy on my team

beach tribe
03-05-2009, 06:15 AM
i think back to when arizona was trying to mount that comeback in the playoffs and he was throwing a fit on the sidelines about not getting the ball.

I know one thing though, Haley has no problem telling these guys to sit down, and shut the fuck up.

Mecca
03-05-2009, 06:27 AM

That's a bit overblown, atleast he wants the ball...guy played with a fractured face lets not act like he's some douchebag.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2009, 06:41 AM
You drafturbators are fucking stupid.

http://www.jumperlumps.com/product_images/699/thumbnail_hook-line-sinker.gif

CoMoChief
03-05-2009, 07:01 AM
I would have said yes had we gotten C Brown and G Dockery, but we really need to solidfy that right side of the Oline and we all the picks we can get at this point considering we'll prob draft Curry with the first pick if we don't trade down.

RippedmyFlesh
03-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Would I take Boldin on my team, sure, he's big, physical, blocks very well, has outstanding hands and knows how to get open downfield even with his lack of top end speed...

Is he worth a 3 and 4, sure he is when you consider people think Crabtree should go in the top 10 and everyone would shit themselves in joy if he turned into the player Boldin is...

The only way you could do this if you were the Chiefs would be if you could drop in the 1st round and get the picks back so I highly doubt it happens but yes he's worth a 3 and a 4.
Thats what I was thinking. If you turn #3 into 2 3 4 then you have a normal missing 1st round draft.
And for missing out in 1st round? You have cassel boldin and vrabel. Not a bad draft.

Molitoth
03-05-2009, 07:56 AM

+1

Molitoth
03-05-2009, 07:58 AM
The problem with Boldin is the outragous amount of money he wants.

RippedmyFlesh
03-05-2009, 08:02 AM
The problem with Boldin is the outragous amount of money he wants.
True but if next year is uncapped you can worry about it in 2 years.

Darth CarlSatan
03-05-2009, 08:27 AM
The price for Boldin?

A one-way ticket on a Herpes Boat to Haiti.

-King-
03-05-2009, 01:49 PM

Yeah, God forbid a top 5 receiver want to be in during the most important drive of his/his teams life. If you are a top 5 hell, even a top 15 receiver and you dont complain when you are not in during a playoff drive, then something is wrong with you.

And how about how he played 2 weeks after literally getting his face broken in? He has heart.

I want that guy on my team.

Blick
03-05-2009, 02:57 PM

Your boy Heyward-Bey taking handoffs from the QB will really help him in the NFL as well.

EDIT: And, LOL at "doesn't run traditional routes".