PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What is Croyle's Status?

Donger
03-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Has he been released? The website of the Chiefs still shows him as active.

beach tribe
03-05-2009, 09:33 AM
He's our 3rd guy. I think he's gonna stay that way.

Cave Johnson
03-05-2009, 09:35 AM
He's our 3rd guy. I think he's gonna stay that way.

Doubtful, unless they trade Thiggy or don't pick up a late-round developmental QB.

KCrockaholic
broken back, pulled hamstring, separated shoulder, torn groin

you know, the usual

Scorp
More importantly what is Kelli's status?

bdeg
03-05-2009, 09:37 AM
I think he'll stay on as a developmental QB. Hopefully he will look really good in a preseason game and we can trade him for something.

His biggest knock is he's too frail to be durable, time in the NFL should fix that. He has the tools.

Reerun_KC
03-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Doubtful, unless they trade Thigpen or don't pick up a late-round developmental QB.

I sure hope we can trade Thigpen.... He provides us nothing for the future...

Ecto-I
03-05-2009, 09:39 AM
More importantly what is Kelli's status?

Rumors are flying that she realized she just can't be happily married to a third string quarterback and is looking for a decked out cadillac ambulance to "ride" on the side!

beach tribe
I think he'll stay on as a developmental QB. Hopefully he will look really good in a preseason game and we can trade him for something.

His biggest knock is he's too frail to be durable, time in the NFL should fix that. He has the tools.

I agree. I think if he stays in the league, and puts on some weight....well......let's just say you're right, he has the tools.

Cave Johnson
I sure hope we can trade Thigpen.... He provides us nothing for the future...

As do I, but for a different reason. Barring an injury to Cassel, his trade value will never be higher than right now.

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 09:44 AM
He finished the season on IR and hasn't yet been cleared to play.

So he's on the team until at least that happens.

bdeg
03-05-2009, 09:44 AM
As do I, but for a different reason. Barring an injury to Cassel, his trade value will never be higher than right now.

I couldn't disagree more. Thigpen's value is established, but someone is going to be desperate for a QB at some point after an injury or just missing out on who they wanted to draft. That's when you trade him.

Reerun_KC
03-05-2009, 09:46 AM

Pioli and Haley would be geniouses if they could unload him for a #3 to some retard....

Then we can grab another QB at #3 overall and rebuild the line 3rd and on...

Cave Johnson
03-05-2009, 09:47 AM
I couldn't disagree more. Thigpen's value is established, but someone is going to be desperate for a QB at some point after an injury. That's when you trade him.

Which is offset by a) the learning curve to assimilate a new offense and b) the fact that a team's season is typically screwed when the starter goes down and they don't have a viable backup on the roster (so what's the point in doing the trade).

So, no.

Reerun_KC
03-05-2009, 09:48 AM
I couldn't disagree more. Thigpen's value is established, but someone is going to be desperate for a QB at some point after an injury or just missing out on who they wanted to draft. That's when you trade him.

IF this is established, I hate to see what suck is....

IF someone wants him now, you have to make the move... We cant allow him to go through camp or preseason... His false stock is as high as it can be as of now... Any film of him playing under center in a NFL offense will diminish his value....

Cave Johnson
03-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Pioli and Haley would be geniouses if they could unload him for a #3 to some retard....

No offense, but you're either retarded or in denial if you think we're selecting a QB at 3 after the Cassel trade, under any scenario (i.e. we trade Thiggy, LJ, Waters, and TG).

bdeg
03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
IF this is established, I hate to see what suck is....

Meaning he has proven what he is. I didnt say he was a lot

I see the points about learning the offense though. But get a playoff team without a QB and they will be looking for one, and knowing the offense may or may not be a requirement.

Reerun_KC
03-05-2009, 09:54 AM
No offense, but you're either retarded or in denial if you think we're selecting a QB at 3 after the Cassel trade, under any scenario (i.e. we trade Thigpen, LJ, Waters, and TG).
You have to have something for the future, but I forgot, pro bowl QB's are a dime a dozen in the 7th round...

Glad we wont select a non pass rushing OLB at the #3 spot...

Reerun_KC
03-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Meaning he has proven what he is. I didnt say he was a lot

I see the points about learning the offense though. But get a playoff team without a QB and they will be looking for one, and knowing the offense won't be a requirement.

Ah sorry, I miss understood you... Sorry...

StcChief
03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
You have to have something for the future, but I forgot, pro bowl QB's are a dime a dozen in the 7th round...

if we draft a QB it will be late round for development. I think Curry is the logical choice or trade down.

Fish
03-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Croyle's status is Super Awesome....

Cave Johnson
03-05-2009, 10:02 AM

Dude, it's pretty "true fan" of you to continue to hold out hope for Stafford or Sanchez.

Reerun_KC
03-05-2009, 10:03 AM
if we draft a QB it will be late round for development. I think Curry is the logical choice or trade down.

I am not going to get into the Curry debate, that has been wore the fuck out on this site....

IF they draft him, we make history....

I would like to have a QB for a superbowl run... IF we could trade Pickpen, grab a qbotf in the 1st round.. This would be the offseason of dreams.

Right now, I dont see 7th round QB's being the norm for championships...

Reerun_KC
03-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Dude, it's pretty "true fan" of you to continue to hold out hope for Stafford or Sanchez.

Yep, but IF we could grab a RG at the #3, I would true fan all over my pants.... ROFL

HC_Chief
03-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Pre-broken.

Darth CarlSatan
03-05-2009, 10:07 AM

Now you're cookin' with fire! :thumb:

Croyle = 2007 Priest Holmes status.

Molitoth
03-05-2009, 10:15 AM
A glass vagina can only bleed so many times. Croyle is done.

Darth CarlSatan
03-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Yep, but IF we could grab a RG at the #3, I would true fan all over my pants.... ROFL

"True Fan" my ass; that particular award in this situation goes to all the people who think Cassel is getting the keys to the car on good faith alone.

Kyle DeLexus
03-05-2009, 02:16 PM
"True Fan" my ass; that particular award in this situation goes to all the people who think Cassel is getting the keys to the car on good faith alone.

I wanted Stafford as much as the next guy, but by trading for Cassel and not letting the Lions land him Staff will most likely be gone.

That said it just doesn't make sense to draft a QB #3 overall when you bring in a guy that people think is the guy for your 2nd rounder. We are still under a cap this year and that would be a shit ton of $ for one position. We will draft another QB, but it'll be a late rounder for development. Then you hope by the time Cassel's ready to call it quits, gets unproductive in older age, or he's a bust that the one your developing is ready. If he's not, you probably have a high pick again so you take the high QB when the other one is off your books.

Unless we flip Cassel for more than we gave up for him, the draft a QB train has left the station. Not a chance in hell we have Cassel and a QBotF at #3 on our roster at the same time.

CrazyPhuD
03-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Clearly Croyle is the current starter. Don't you know the rule? You don't lose your starting job due to injury. He's the starter again, well until he injures himself again...which should be the second play of mini-camp.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Brodie Croyle could be knocking over banks for all I care.
He sucks.

talastan
03-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Clearly Croyle is the current starter. Don't you know the rule? You don't lose your starting job due to injury. He's the starter again, well until he injures himself again...which should be the second play of mini-camp.

Ahem....:spock: Herm don't work here. :D

RustShack
03-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Pioli will show Croyle how to eat and work out. He will also introduce him to something called steroids.

Frazod
03-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Croyle's status? Either broken or waiting to be broken.

Darth CarlSatan
03-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I wanted Stafford as much as the next guy, but by trading for Cassel and not letting the Lions land him Staff will most likely be gone.

That said it just doesn't make sense to draft a QB #3 overall when you bring in a guy that people think is the guy for your 2nd rounder. We are still under a cap this year and that would be a shit ton of $ for one position. We will draft another QB, but it'll be a late rounder for development. Then you hope by the time Cassel's ready to call it quits, gets unproductive in older age, or he's a bust that the one your developing is ready. If he's not, you probably have a high pick again so you take the high QB when the other one is off your books.

Unless we flip Cassel for more than we gave up for him, the draft a QB train has left the station. Not a chance in hell we have Cassel and a QBotF at #3 on our roster at the same time.

You know what the great thing about this is?

We're gonna' find out. :p

aturnis
03-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Croyle will compete for a spot on the team with the 4th QB, whom will be picked in April. Probably on the second day of the draft. This isn't a team run by Herm anymore...why WOULDN'T you take 4 or more QB's to camp? Unless you have Tom Brady, Matt Cassel, and another solid guy...but I think you always, every year...try to replace your third guy. Worst that can happen is you waste a 6th or 7th rounder. Best is...you get better at QB.