PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Interested in Daniels

Woodrow Call
03-05-2009, 12:59 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/entry/view/17857/corner_draws_interest_from_pats,_chiefs

Corner draws interest from Pats, Chiefs

Thursday, March 05, 2009
Posted By Albert Breer 9:33 AM

We'll have much, much more on Terrell Owens coming right up, but first a quick piece of house-cleaning ...

With the free-agent market for cornerbacks drying up a bit, Travis Daniels is an intriguing name to keep an eye on. The ex-Brown and Dolphin has drawn interest from the Patriots and Chiefs.

New England coach Bill Belichick and Kansas City GM Scott Pioli showed an affinity for players who'd played for Nick Saban -- whom both worked with in Cleveland in the early 1990s. Daniels, a bigger corner who has battled some injury problems, was recruited to LSU by Saban, and played for him in Miami as well.

It's worth noting too that Daniels played for Romeo Crennel, another former colleague of Belichick and Pioli's, in Cleveland.

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 01:03 PM
More of the same - a backup/roleplayer type.

DeezNutz
03-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Cool.

It would be great to groom a QBOTF behind Cassel.

Molitoth
03-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Cool.

This is a Cornerback, not Chase Daniel.

chiefforlife
03-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Cool.

Whaaaat?

ChiefRon
03-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Doesn't matter, if NE wants him, he'll go there.

Basileus777
03-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I thought this was about Chase Daniel too.

MGRS13
03-05-2009, 01:08 PM

unless we pay him more money.

Dicky McElephant
03-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Free agent DB Travis Daniels has reportedly piqued the interest of Kansas City and New England.

Daniels can play both safety and cornerback, although he's never played either especially well. He isn't known to have set up any free agent visits.

Molitoth
03-05-2009, 01:09 PM

The Chiefs are the new Patriots. Prepare for media love!

sedated
03-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I thought he spelled his name without an "s"

Reerun_KC
03-05-2009, 01:13 PM
MU fans just cried a little bit...

Detoxing
03-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Good to see that the Chiefs and Pats are targeting the same kind of players. Not good to see that we might have to fight with the Pats for those players.

Wilson8
03-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Good to see that the Chiefs and Pats are targeting the same kind of players. Not good to see that we might have to fight with the Pats for those players.

I don't think this is a good thing in this case. Travis started out with the Dolphins when his former college coach out of LSU, Nick Saban drafted him. He played pretty well as a rookie but then struggled his next two years. Some of that may have been an injury. He was traded to Cleveland last year and was on Romeo Crennel's team. He did not play very much and only had 2 tackles. I remember the knock on him coming out of college was he was a little bit slower. His time in the 40 was something close to 4.6. He has good size and he is only 26 years old so maybe they are looking at him for special teams and backup safety. Might be a younger version of Keith Davis who KC is also looking at.

Wilson8
03-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Looks like the New England Patriots are going with Shawn Springs

CB Springs to sign with New England
1:55 PM Thu, Mar 05, 2009

Veteran free agent CB Shawn Springs is expected to sign with the New England Patriots, after visiting with both the Pats and Eagles this week.

(It was reported that Springs was to visit Foxboro on Sunday, but he was delayed by the snow storm that hit the East Coast.)

The former first-round pick was released by the Washington Redskins last week in a salary-cap move. The 6-foot, 207-pound former first-round pick has played 11 seasons.

http://patsblog.projo.com/2009/03/cb-springs-to-s.html

Gdaddy
03-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Its fantastic we are looking at corner backs. Did I miss a few signings? Have we picked up our pass rusher yet?

Maybe we are the sleeper team for Peppers...:x

Der Flöprer
03-05-2009, 02:07 PM
All I'm saying is that they're gettin out at everybody lately.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Its fantastic we are looking at corner backs. Did I miss a few signings? Have we picked up our pass rusher yet?

Maybe we are the sleeper team for Peppers...:x

I think Daniels would be more a reserve and a ST contributor.
Definitely not a starter and probably won't figure prominently into the CB rotation.

Woodrow Call
03-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Update....

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/entry/view/17896/daniels_to_visit_chiefs,_broncos

Daniels to visit Chiefs, Broncos

Thursday, March 05, 2009
Posted By Albert Breer 6:56 PM

Cleveland Browns free-agent cornerback Travis Daniels has set up free-agent visits to AFC West rivals Kansas City and Denver for next week.

Daniels will meet with the Chiefs on Sunday in KC, then the Broncos on Tuesday in Colorado. The 26-year-old has also drawn interest from New England.

Denver Dave
03-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Update....

Daniels to visit Chiefs, Broncos

Thursday, March 05, 2009
Posted By Albert Breer 6:56 PM

Cleveland Browns free-agent cornerback Travis Daniels has set up free-agent visits to AFC West rivals Kansas City and Denver for next week.

Daniels will meet with the Chiefs on Sunday in KC, then the Broncos on Tuesday in Colorado. The 26-year-old has also drawn interest from New England.

Pat Bowlen's check book > Clark Hunt's check book

Broncos facilities > Chiefs facilities

Daniels is ours, whores.

Skip Towne
03-05-2009, 07:50 PM

Daniels is ours, whores.

Clark's grandad, H.L. Hunt was once the richest man in the world. Black Gold, Texas tea.

Silock
03-05-2009, 07:53 PM

Daniels is ours, whores.

lol take him

ChiefsCountry
03-05-2009, 07:57 PM

Clark isnt that wealthy but the whole damn Hunt family > Bowlen

Chiefs just build a brand new practice facility so there.

Denver Dave
03-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Talk is cheap. When was the last time the Kansas City Chiefs went pedal to the metal and maxed out the salary cap?

DeezNutz
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
All I'm saying is that they're gettin out at everybody lately.

ROFL

bowener
03-05-2009, 09:06 PM
MU fans just cried a little bit...

This would be true if the statement were: The chiefs plan on bringing in Chase Daniel, who they happens to have piqued their interest.

I fucking hate that fat bastard choke artist.

bowener
03-05-2009, 09:07 PM

Daniels is ours, whores.

Bowlen's nutsack < Rosie ODonnel's

Thig Lyfe
03-05-2009, 09:12 PM
It's spelled "McDanielson"

Darth CarlSatan
03-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Cool.

LMAO

Sucks the most when you zing yourself, yes?

On a not altogether different note:

It sure looks like ol' Scott is trying to save some serious bread with these FA signings.

I wonder why? What...what would prompt him to be so...frugal?
All that grip under the cap....Mmm? :hmmm:

It's as if.....as if.....he were getting ready to make a rather large purchase....:D

Tylerthigpen!1!
03-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Talk is cheap. When was the last time the Kansas City Chiefs went pedal to the metal and maxed out the salary cap?
sweet. i guess we should start taking after oakland and washington. sweet. i love signing overpaid underachieving FAs....

The Buddha
03-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Bringing in Charlie Daniels is a great idea... His fiddlin' skills will not go to waste.

Darth CarlSatan
03-05-2009, 10:59 PM
This would be true if the statement were: The chiefs plan on bringing in Chase Daniel, who they happens to have piqued their interest.

I fucking hate that fat bastard choke artist.

No shit. Off to Harvard Business School ya' go son!

Color Red
03-05-2009, 11:09 PM

I don't know if it's good, but it's interesting. Problem is we're both assembling teams, but Belichek is the one who has run one of these teams successfully. It'll be interesting to see how Haley coaches one of these teams. There's that word again, interesting.

You know, San Fran popularized the WCO in their most recent success era, the guru was Bill Walsh. He has had coach disciples, but none of them had the success he had.

A few of the Belichek disciples have left the NE fold and have had mixed success. But this year McDaniels and Pioli came to the AFC West to start teams off the NE template. Interesting to see what happens.

There's that word again.

FAX
03-05-2009, 11:19 PM

That's a darn good question. Anyone know?

FAX