PDA

View Full Version : Life Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)

luv
03-05-2009, 12:37 PM
It wasn't cancer.

Reaper16
03-05-2009, 12:39 PM
:(

Donger
03-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks for sharing, luv. How's your sputum?

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 12:41 PM
At least you know now.

luv
03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
At least you know now.

More of a reason for me to work harder to try to get my weight down. Now I know why I gain it so easily.

Hog Farmer
03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Main cause. Lack of giving felatio.

Everybody knows that ingesting sperm will cure all those symptoms

allen_kcCard
03-05-2009, 12:45 PM
You have an ovary under your arm?

Brock
03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
TMI

Rooster
03-05-2009, 12:48 PM

It appears so.

MVChiefFan
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM

And she gives birth by the dozens out of her ear...she's the Chuck Norris of child bearing.

sedated
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM
TMI

This.

Katipan
03-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Wish it was a hair, Luv!

General interventions that help to reduce weight or insulin resistance can be beneficial for all these aims, because they address what is believed to be the underlying cause of the syndrome.

Which would beeeeeeeee?

Jilly
Luv - I have this. I can send you some links to some good online support systems. I control mine with diet and exercise.

1. Get yourself checked for diabetes as they are very closely related
2. Low carb diet - no flour, sugar, stick with whole grains and very little of them.
3. Birth control pills can control the other side effects.

It's a pain in the ass, but manageable. Glad it isn't anything too serious!

Bowser
So was GoChiefs right, and you should have just popped it?

luv
03-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Edited by popular demand. Ladies, you can follow the link and read more about it for yourselves.

Jilly
03-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Wish it was a hair, Luv!

Which would beeeeeeeee?

it is caused by not enough progesterone and too much testosterone....it's just not an equal balance as it is in most women...and sometimes that imbalance is caused by insulin production....

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Which would beeeeeeeee?Dr. Hog Farmer already diagnosed that.

Katipan
How creepy. There are like 5 women on this board and two of them are part of a 5%.

Donger
Do you have endometriosis, luv?

Hog Farmer
03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Can't you just get liposuction and cure it ?

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
How creepy. There are like 5 women on this board You could have stopped there. Damn sausage party.

luv
03-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Luv - I have this. I can send you some links to some good online support systems. I control mine with diet and exercise.

1. Get yourself checked for diabetes as they are very closely related
2. Low carb diet - no flour, sugar, stick with whole grains and very little of them.
3. Birth control pills can control the other side effects.

It's a pain in the ass, but manageable. Glad it isn't anything too serious!

Did you have to try really hard to get pregnant? She suggested Yaz, as it's been found to be the best in helping alot of the areas as well as being birth control. Part of the blood work I'm having done is to also test my cholestorol and blood sugar.

Pennywise
03-05-2009, 12:55 PM
# Deepening of voice

Giddy Up Oom Poppa Omm Poppa Mow Mow

Walk around all day singing this...

luv
03-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Do you have endometriosis, luv?

Not that I'm aware of.

Jilly
Did you have to try really hard to get pregnant? She suggested Yaz, as it's been found to be the best in helping alot of the areas as well as being birth control. Part of the blood work I'm having done is to also test my cholestorol and blood sugar.

We tried for about a year, but, like I said....as long as I maintain my weight to be under a certain amount, I operate like a regular woman. The only time it surfaces is when I allow myself to gain too much. So, I just don't. The other thing too is that during the month you may feel a sharp pain or two in your ovary area....it's just a cyst, they are normal, PCOS women just get more.

FAX
Overshare. Intense overshare.

FAX

Katipan
# Deepening of voice

Walk around all day singing this...

It's PAPA

geez.

Hog Farmer
03-05-2009, 12:59 PM
We tried for about a year, but, like I said....as long as I maintain my weight to be under a certain amount, I operate like a regular woman. The only time it surfaces is when I allow myself to gain too much. So, I just don't. The other thing too is that during the month you may feel a sharp pain or two in your ovary area....it's just a cyst, they are normal, PCOS women just get more.

How much do you weigh ?

Dartgod
03-05-2009, 12:59 PM
How were they able to determine this in one visit?

Donger
03-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Not that I'm aware of.

Do you suffer from intense cramping in your girl parts, particularly during menstruation?

Hog Farmer
03-05-2009, 01:01 PM

Doctors know everything! How do you think they graduated Junior college ?

Jilly
03-05-2009, 01:02 PM
How much do you weigh ?

ON any given week, I weigh prob around 160ish?

luv
03-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Do you suffer from intense cramping in your girl parts, particularly during menstruation?

No.

Katipan
03-05-2009, 01:03 PM

What about the weekends?

poke-poke

Donger
03-05-2009, 01:04 PM
No.

Glad to hear that.

luv

History, as well as symptoms. Also, Blood work done on the 16th will confirm it.

Hog Farmer

I can't believe you actually answered that. That's supposed to be forbidden knowledge in woman land ..suuucckkaaaa!

Ok, Pic's ?

Jilly
03-05-2009, 01:05 PM
What about the weekends?

poke-poke

you stop poking me...you know how it makes me feel

StcChief
03-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Good. glad it's NOT the Big 'C'.

Jilly
03-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I can't believe you actually answered that. That's supposed to be forbidden knowledge in woman land ..suuucckkaaaa!

Ok, Pic's ?

eh, what do I care, really? I know I'm not skinny. I do wear my weight well though, most people just say I'm sturdy. No pics. Nope.

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 01:09 PM
I'd say something about wondering when I switched my chiefsplanet bookmark for oprahplanet, but it's a serious thing she's dealing with.

luv
03-05-2009, 01:13 PM
I'd say something about wondering when I switched my chiefsplanet bookmark for oprahplanet, but it's a serious thing she's dealing with.

Apparently not.

Jilly
03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Apparently not.

I'm not belittling it, Luv, all I'm saying is it is manageable. It will get on your fucking nerves, but I got pregnant with it, it actually motivates me to stay on a more healthy track, and well, it's just a damn annoyance more then anything.

Hog Farmer
03-05-2009, 01:16 PM
eh, what do I care, really? I know I'm not skinny. I do wear my weight well though, most people just say I'm sturdy. No pics. Nope.

160 is not that big, in fact it's classified as petite.

If you're 7' 3"

Jilly
03-05-2009, 01:22 PM
160 is not that big, in fact it's classified as petite.

If you're 7' 3"

yeah....I know...I get it. Damn.

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Apparently not.It reminds me of my sister several years back. She'd had some health issues in her 20s that didn't really seem serious, but in her mid 30s she was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and it turned out that a lot of the smaller issues were symptoms of the larger. So it was kind of a 'lightbulb' moment, albeit not a good one. She had a few really hard years but she seems to be doing fine now.

Something treatable and it's not cancer, so while it may not have been what you were hoping for (nothing...), it could have been much worse.

FAX
03-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Sometimes, when I wear a t-shirt that's a little too tight, my nipples get kind of sore. That's when I like to curl up on the sofa with a new magazine and a cup of hot chocolate.

FAX

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Jogger's nipple sucks.

luv
It reminds me of my sister several years back. She'd had some health issues in her 20s that didn't really seem serious, but in her mid 30s she was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and it turned out that a lot of the smaller issues were symptoms of the larger. So it was kind of a 'lightbulb' moment, albeit not a good one. She had a few really hard years but she seems to be doing fine now.

Something treatable and it's not cancer, so while it may not have been what you were hoping for (nothing...), it could have been much worse.

More motivation to lose the other 75 lbs.

Donger
I'm growing a third testicle.

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 01:28 PM
On your chin?

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 01:35 PM
I think I'm in estrogen overload - beyond this thread, at work right now I'm working on a 2.5 minute fluff piece about the American Girl Place (http://www.americangirl.com/) in Chicago.

Jilly
03-05-2009, 01:41 PM
I think I'm in estrogen overload - beyond this thread, at work right now I'm working on a 2.5 minute fluff piece about the American Girl Place (http://www.americangirl.com/) in Chicago.

do, dude, the other night, we went to this strip club, and this amazing girl rubbed her hair on my crotch...then she and this other girl started to make out...and then this other girl who was jsut at the club took her shirt off and started dancing. Dude, it was awesome.

Midnight_Vulture
03-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Thats good to hear! At least it aint cancerous.

ChiefButthurt
03-05-2009, 01:50 PM
do, dude, the other night, we went to this strip club, and this amazing girl rubbed her hair on my crotch...then she and this other girl started to make out...and then this other girl who was jsut at the club took her shirt off and started dancing. Dude, it was awesome.

:p

Hog Farmer
03-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Thats good to hear! At least it aint cancerous.

Shuddup!

B_Ambuehl
03-05-2009, 02:02 PM
it is caused by not enough progesterone and too much testosterone

No, it's caused by excessive insulin, leptin, and glucose signaling, all primarily caused by being overweight. It is true that testosterone is elevated but the reason it's elevated is due to insulin and leptin resistance, which increase testosterone in females. People don't "catch" PCOS anymore than they "catch" type II diabetes. Lose the weight and it'll go away.

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 02:04 PM
do, dude, the other night, we went to this strip club, and this amazing girl rubbed her hair on my crotch...then she and this other girl started to make out...and then this other girl who was jsut at the club took her shirt off and started dancing. Dude, it was awesome.The funniest thing about that is I'm probably the only guy on here who's never set foot in a strip club. LMAO

luv
03-05-2009, 02:05 PM
No, it's caused by excessive insulin, leptin, and glucose signaling, all primarily caused by being overweight. It is true that testosterone is elevated but the reason it's elevated is due to insulin and leptin resistance, which increase testosterone in females. People don't "catch" PCOS anymore than they "catch" type II diabetes. Lose the weight and it'll go away.

I'm aworkin' on it....lol.

I was a SKINNY kid. People thought I looked malnourished. Then, the summer between 6th and 7th grade...BAM...had problems getting and keeping the weight off ever since. I can do this, though. This just adds to my motivation.

Jilly
03-05-2009, 02:07 PM
The funniest thing about that is I'm probably the only guy on here who's never set foot in a strip club. LMAO

damn it, I was just trying to masculine it up for you.

Katipan
The funniest thing about that is I'm probably the only guy on here who's never set foot in a strip club. LMAO

I bet every girl here has been.

Jilly
I bet every girl here has been.

oh, I'll take this bet.

Katipan
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
oh, I'll take this bet.

... I don't believe you haven't gone. So you must have inside information!!

Jilly
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM

I'm betting Luv hasn't gone...or memsyelfI...but I have noticed they do have more women in them lately.

Jilly
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM

wait, and how do you know ME so well??!

BigVE
03-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Wow Luv, that is really good news overall. My wife was diagnosed with this a couple months back.

Katipan
03-05-2009, 02:12 PM
wait, and how do you know ME so well??!

Seeeee I've never heard her talk of one, but I bet Luv has snuck into one.
I bet memyself has been on stage.

I spent too many years in them to ever go back... For anything less than a girls night out at least.

Jilly
03-05-2009, 02:16 PM

I spent too many years in them to ever go back... For anything less than a girls night out at least.

you danced? And we'd have fun...you need to come to KC

Dartgod
memememe is not even a girl.

luv
I'm betting Luv hasn't gone...or memsyelfI...but I have noticed they do have more women in them lately.

I've gone to two. One full nudity.

I swear. You people must think I'm a total prude.

Buzz
On your chin?

ROFL ROFL

Funniest thing I read all day!

luv
03-05-2009, 02:18 PM

I had a guy pay my way in to the full nudity one. I told the waitress she was better looking and had a much better body than any of the females that had been on stage. She said she'd never get up there though. And the dancers? One impressed me. One.

Katipan
03-05-2009, 02:20 PM
you danced? And we'd have fun...you need to come to KC

No, I bartended. But it's a favorite passtime of our regulars to put the bartender on stage and have the girls dance for her. I've been absolutely raped on stage. With my clothes on.

Once by a 300 lb freak comedic black girl.
When she clapped her ass, you heard thunderous applause.

Donger
03-05-2009, 02:21 PM

I haven't either. Seems rather pointless.

Jilly
No, I bartended. But it's a favorite passtime of our regulars to put the bartender on stage and have the girls dance for her. I've been absolutely raped on stage. With my clothes on.

Once by a 300 lb freak comedic black girl.
When she clapped her ass, you heard thunderous applause.

it's the ones who do the tricks that get the most money...no matter how vile!

keg in kc
I bet every girl here has been.I almost said "person" instead of "guy" so I wouldn't disagree.

sedated
I have noticed they do have more women in them lately.

worthless without pics

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
I haven't either. Seems rather pointless.Exactly.

Katipan
03-05-2009, 02:23 PM
I mean really... Two of what I'd consider to be a top 5 guy on here and they haven't been to that which had been such a horribly evil and wonderful time of my life... huh.

Katipan
03-05-2009, 02:25 PM
it's the ones who do the tricks that get the most money...no matter how vile!

I like the alternative chicks on stage and the barbies dolls on the floor.

I did know this one black girl that would scoot to the top, drop downward so her knees held her up, and then reached back up to pull herself back up. But it would be done so fast it looked like summersaults.

If there was ANYthing that ever made me want to be a stripper it was the damn tricks on the pole.

Jilly
03-05-2009, 02:27 PM
I like the alternative chicks on stage and the barbies dolls on the floor.

I did know this one black girl that would scoot to the top, drop downward so her knees held her up, and then reached back up to pull herself back up. But it would be done so fast it looked like summersaults.

If there was ANYthing that ever made me want to be a stripper it was the damn tricks on the pole.

I LOVE the tricks on the pole. Especially a really high pole. I just saw a girl that did what you describe though....amazing...I'm just in aww when it becomes more of an athletic event like that.

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I mean really... Two of what I'd consider to be a top 5 guy on here and they haven't been to that which had been such a horribly evil and wonderful time of my life... huh.That $50 I promised is in the mail. I'm allowed use the quote anywhere on the 'net, right?

Donger
03-05-2009, 02:35 PM
I mean really... Two of what I'd consider to be a top 5 guy on here and they haven't been to that which had been such a horribly evil and wonderful time of my life... huh.

I don't know what "top 5 guy" means.

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't know what "top 5 guy" means.I think it means you'd get a starting position in a Mer 500, but I'm not sure.

Hog Farmer
03-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I LOVE the tricks on the pole. Especially a really high pole. I just saw a girl that did what you describe though....amazing...I'm just in aww when it becomes more of an athletic event like that.

Keep going. My boars are really putting out!

Katipan
03-05-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't know what "top 5 guy" means.

I want to give a funny response but I'm having a hard time beating keg's...

How about... I'd give a damn if something bad happened to you because you'd be one of the few worth giving a damn about.

Few being relative to the 6-7 billion people there are on earth.

Katipan
03-05-2009, 03:09 PM

I like when they slide headfirst all the way down a high pole holding on with just their ankles. ARE THEY GOING TO DIE?! Oh nope. Just a split.

Jilly
03-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I like when they slide headfirst all the way down a high pole holding on with just their ankles. ARE THEY GOING TO DIE?! Oh nope. Just a split.

yes!

I watched this one girl do fuckin back flips on stage into the splits...with those shoes....holy hell, I couldn't have wanted someone more

Otter
03-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Am I on the right thread?

Well I'm glad it wasn't the "c" word Luv.

luv
03-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Am I on the right thread?

Well I'm glad it wasn't the "c" word Luv.

Thanks.

Donger
03-05-2009, 03:17 PM

How about... I'd give a damn if something bad happened to you because you'd be one of the few worth giving a damn about.

Oh. In that case, I accept your adoration.

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm having a hard time beating keg's... Just slow down a little, maybe reload on the lotion. It'll all come out okay in the end.

I should probably stop hijacking now.

memyselfI
03-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Well it's good that it wasn't cancer but PCOS is no picnic either. Feel better.

memyselfI
03-05-2009, 03:40 PM

I haven't gone. I was interested in maybe going but then I watched the Cathouse and Diva series on HBO and thought it looked depressing. My husband has gone though. He's been to that place in Atlanta where there are billions of girls dancing on the tables.

The Buddha
03-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Congratulations on the good news, and sorry to hear about the bad news. At least its something you are aware of, and can work with.

Did you also say that you produce excess testosterone??? :-)

Manila-Chief
03-05-2009, 10:21 PM
That is good news Luv. I know it's no piece of cake but much better than cancer. We had a young daughter-in-law die of cancer not too long ago, so I'm relieved for you. The goodnews is ... thanks to Tiny ... you are well on your way to solving the problem. Now, I'm pulling for you even more. It's good you didn't follow Clayton's advice, coz now you are informed.

luv
03-05-2009, 10:31 PM
That is good news Luv. I know it's no piece of cake but much better than cancer. We had a young daughter-in-law die of cancer not too long ago, so I'm relieved for you. The goodnews is ... thanks to Tiny ... you are well on your way to solving the problem. Now, I'm pulling for you even more. It's good you didn't follow Clayton's advice, coz now you are informed.

I'll admit that I'm a little freaked by what it could mean in the future. I could be infertile. I don't plan on having kids of my own, but just the thought that I possibly couldn't even if I tried. And I'm at a higher risk of getting cancer in my uterine wall later on in life. IF I fon't do something about it. At least I know now, and I'm still oung enough to try to get the symptoms under control.

The Buddha
03-05-2009, 10:37 PM
I'll admit that I'm a little freaked by what it could mean in the future. I could be infertile. I don't plan on having kids of my own, but just the thought that I possibly couldn't even if I tried. And I'm at a higher risk of getting cancer in my uterine wall later on in life. IF I fon't do something about it. At least I know now, and I'm still oung enough to try to get the symptoms under control.

Worrying about what's going to happen in your life will only drive you insane. Take what you know now, and go with it.

And kids are horrible... They're only fun when they're someone else's

J Diddy
03-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Worrying about what's going to happen in your life will only drive you insane. Take what you know now, and go with it.

I disagree with you wholeheartedly. My kids give me purpose. I rise and fall upon their successes and failures.

J Diddy
03-05-2009, 10:41 PM

yeah

Glad you're alright.

luv
03-05-2009, 10:43 PM

My mom called me this evening and was completely focused on my increased chance for cancer. She asked if getting a hystorectomy would get rid of the problem. I was like, "WHOA! Mom, it doesn't mean I will get cancer. I'm not getting a hystorectomy, and I can get things under control. Let's not overreact." Kinda funny looking back on the conversation.

The Buddha
03-05-2009, 10:46 PM
My mom called me this evening and was completely focused on my increased chance for cancer. She asked if getting a hystorectomy would get rid of the problem. I was like, "WHOA! Mom, it doesn't mean I will get cancer. I'm not getting a hystorectomy, and I can get things under control. Let's not overreact." Kinda funny looking back on the conversation.

Its like the people who get the double mastectomies when they find out they have that certain gene...

I've had a buncha people in my genetic family die of prostate cancer (great grandpa, great uncle, etc.)... And although I will start getting prostate exams at 30 instead of 40, I wouldn't go cutting out part of my prostate (if it worked like that).

Buehler445
03-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Hey luv. Damn, I wish it was an ingrown hair.

Take care of yourself and do what the doctors say.

I'll send up some prayers for your ability to control it.