PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Toyota's I-Real

Count Zarth
03-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Seems kind of pointless.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9IT7qK1hrro&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9IT7qK1hrro&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Buck
03-05-2009, 02:16 PM
That shit is stupid.

Pestilence
03-05-2009, 02:24 PM
The fat get fatter.

L.A. Chieffan
03-05-2009, 02:58 PM
wall-e and idiocracy are not fictional films

talastan
03-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Wow......Toyota asks: "Who needs feet?" :shake:

rockymtnchief
03-05-2009, 03:10 PM
It would be nearly impossible to drive down the road and conceal the fact you're getting a road hummer.

DJ's left nut
03-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Awesome! Yet another vehicle that's supposed to get me excited about saving the environment.

On the plus side, when I get turned into a greasy spot by the first sub-compact that runs a red (nevermind a real vehicle), that should greatly reduce my carbon footprint.

Enough with the coffin-mobiles already.

HC_Chief
03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
A solution searching for a problem.

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 04:28 PM
If my choices are that and a segway, that wins in a fucking landslide.

Guru
03-05-2009, 04:34 PM
The fat get fatter.I don't think they would even fit in that chair. No offense intended to those that fall in that category.

Gravedigger
03-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Put a toilet seat on that badboy and you got yourself an invention!

Braincase
03-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Seems kind of pointless.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9IT7qK1hrro&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

So does this thread.

bowener
03-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Actually this is a pretty ingenious concept. It may seem pointless at first to some, but it takes very little stretch of the imagination to see how useful it can be.

Obviously it is much better than any power wheel chair any of us have seen, or one of those stupid fucking "rascals". If I were forced to use a chair for my mobility, I would happily shell out the $7000-8000 required.

What seems like a much better use for it is obviously large cities. You have to remember not all cities are built like our sprawling US metropolis' and worse yet, our midwest mega-towns. Places like Rome, or London, or Paris are 'walking' cities. You can walk from your house/apartment to the majority of places you need to get, this is where the I-real would be beneficial, especially for the elderly. The cities have smaller, narrower streets and lanes, or avenues that are used for foot traffic.

I read an essay once on NYC and their traffic problems/costs. They were discussing the idea of ripping up the streets and having them replaced with grass/trees/flowers and foot paths along the sides, and streets down the middle that would have taxi-like vehicles (the ones that stack like shopping carts that are free to use, and you just park them somewhere and another person takes them). This would be a way to cut back on maintenance as well as end the horrible congestion in certain parts of the city. A vehicle like the one in the video could be useful in cases such as that.

In the midwest it would obviously be difficult to use that on a daily basis if you had to get across KC, but then why would you buy it?

Buehler445
03-05-2009, 10:11 PM
That is Gay.

TinyEvel
03-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Whjat have you got there, the.. 4 volt? Heh..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/csuZHyW-iGI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/csuZHyW-iGI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reaper16
03-05-2009, 11:41 PM
What seems like a much better use for it is obviously large cities. You have to remember not all cities are built like our sprawling US metropolis' and worse yet, our midwest mega-towns. Places like Rome, or London, or Paris are 'walking' cities. You can walk from your house/apartment to the majority of places you need to get, this is where the I-real would be beneficial, especially for the elderly. The cities have smaller, narrower streets and lanes, or avenues that are used for foot traffic.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Reaper16
03-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Plus, you can pretend that you're Charles Xavier moving about in a floating chair, and that computer that finds other I-Reals is Cerebro.

The Buddha
03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Plus, you can pretend that you're Charles Xavier moving about in a floating chair, and that computer that finds other I-Reals is Cerebro.

Unfortunately, its like EVERYONE has Magneato's helmet...

Cause I would totally manipulate chicks to give me random lap dances... In the I-Real.