PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late round QB pick

skky man
03-06-2009, 12:56 AM
I think Rhett Bomar would be a good second day pick-up. He had all the tools to be a top level QB but obviously got in trouble. I just think he could be a decent QB in time!

The Buddha
03-06-2009, 01:01 AM
I think Rhett Bomar would be a good second day pick-up. He had all the tools to be a top level QB but obviously got in trouble. I just think he could be a decent QB in time!

Hmmm... interesting choice.

In my limited knowledge of college football, I can't remember the last OU QB to be good on a pro-level. But I haven't followed college football for more than a few years now. Plus its the player, not the program a lot of the time.

It sounds like a good risk to take.

BWillie
03-06-2009, 01:16 AM

Yeah if he wouldn't of got caught not selling cars, he would be where Sam Bradford is right now chucking 100 billion TD passes and going to the Heisman Trophy ceremony. The guy played for like Sam Houston State, did a good job. I'd bring him in if he's a fifth round and later pick, but he's going to be gone in round 4, maybe even 3. Don't really need to waste a QB on a top 4 round pick since we already have two of them.

The Buddha
03-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Forget Bomar... We need the 3-4 OLB GREG PEACH

... Count it!

Mecca
03-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Some people think Bomar is gonna get picked ahead of Davis, he's not a late round prospect unless you think 3rd or 4th round is "late".

Kyle DeLexus
03-06-2009, 01:28 AM
As a KU fan it kills me to say this, but I think Chase Patton would be a good late round pick.

Darth CarlSatan
03-06-2009, 01:54 AM
Some people think Bomar is gonna get picked ahead of Davis, he's not a late round prospect unless you think 3rd or 4th round is "late".

But...but...the SIXTH! The SIXTH!

If we go a little earlier, we'll get Tom Brady plus an extra 20 to 30% of ultra-awesomeness!

Isn't that how these things work?!?!? :doh!::cuss:

Blick
03-06-2009, 02:33 AM
We can't afford to take a QB. We better go O-line and front 7 all day.

BigCatDaddy
03-06-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm on the McGee bandwagon as a late round pick. By late I'm talking 6th or 7th round.

Reerun_KC
03-06-2009, 06:33 AM
I'm on the McGee bandwagon as a late round pick. By late I'm talking 6th or 7th round.

That is where franchises are built and championships are won...

RG's are the only position worthy of top #3 picks...

MahiMike
03-06-2009, 06:36 AM
The Chiefs are done acquiring QB's this year. Maybe next year.

Reerun_KC
03-06-2009, 06:52 AM
The Chiefs are done acquiring QB's this year. Maybe next year.

ROFL

That would be Chief like, Take a QB in a defensive loaded draft...

Old Dog
03-06-2009, 07:13 AM
I was hoping (before the Cassel deal) that we would take him in the 4th. He isn't going to be around much longer than that IMO.

penguinz
03-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Patton from MU in the last rd.

InChiefsHell
03-06-2009, 07:17 AM
I thought I read somewhere a while ago that the Pats M.O. is to draft a late round quarterback every season. If that carries through with Pioli, I could see us drafting some late round nobody at QB. But, since this draft is very D heavy and we just got Cassell, I could see them deciding not to this year, just because of Thiggy, Croyle, Gray and Martin on the roster already.

BigCatDaddy
03-06-2009, 07:20 AM
That is where franchises are built and championships are won...

RG's are the only position worthy of top #3 picks...

WTF are you talking about? The thread title is "late round QB's". Obviously we aren't going to take one in the first after trading for Cassell. The Pats almost always throw late round picks at a QB every year and Clark pretty much said the Chiefs will probably draft a QB every year. My point it if Pioli continues this trend I would like to see McGee.

Darth CarlSatan
03-06-2009, 11:52 AM
I thought I read somewhere a while ago that the Pats M.O. is to draft a late round quarterback every season. If that carries through with Pioli, I could see us drafting some late round nobody at QB. But, since this draft is very D heavy and we just got Cassell, I could see them deciding not to this year, just because of Thiggy, Croyle, Gray and Martin on the roster already.

And who would want to mess with THAT quad-core of powerhouse excellence...:rolleyes::doh!::Lin:

Chiefnj2
03-06-2009, 11:55 AM
If you look at the late round QB's taken by the Pats, the guys were all pretty big. I'd say Cantwell or Holbrook.