PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports UFC 96

raybec 4
03-06-2009, 12:34 PM
UFC 96 features a pretty flat fight card IMHO. Rampage vs Jardine has potential but not enough to get me to buy the ppv. I would like to see Carwin vs Gonzaga end up as agood fight simply because the heavyweight division is thin at the top but all in all not worth the 50 bucks to me.

NewChief
03-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I don't follow UFC really closely, but what are the chances that Jardine gives Rampage a run for his money? I was watching some of the preview last night, and it just seems like Rampage will rip through him. Maybe not, though. Like I said, I enjoy watching it, but I don't really follow it enough to predict whose going to win. Unless Anderson Silva is fighting. I usually predict those right.

blaise
03-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Jardine will kick at his legs for two rounds and then get knocked out. The only way he wins is if he gets a shitload of strikes in on his legs and just takes everything out of him. Jardine is a dick though, I hope he gets his ass kicked.

raybec 4
03-06-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't follow UFC really closely, but what are the chances that Jardine gives Rampage a run for his money? I was watching some of the preview last night, and it just seems like Rampage will rip through him. Maybe not, though. Like I said, I enjoy watching it, but I don't really follow it enough to predict whose going to win. Unless Anderson Silva is fighting. I usually predict those right.

Jardine is a really tough guy with an unconventional style. He runs into problems when he under prepares for fights. His chin is suspect as well but he beat Chuck Liddel and Forrest Griffin.

Neither of these guys are immune to getting knocked out so it should be interesting, if they both trained hard.

raybec 4
03-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Jardine will kick at his legs for two rounds and then get knocked out. The only way he wins is if he gets a shitload of strikes in on his legs and just takes everything out of him. Jardine is a dick though, I hope he gets his ass kicked.

Why is he a dick? Personal experience or just opinion?

El Jefe
03-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Jardine is a really tough guy with an unconventional style. He runs into problems when he under prepares for fights. His chin is suspect as well but he beat Chuck Liddel and Forrest Griffin.

Neither of these guys are immune to getting knocked out so it should be interesting, if they both trained hard.

Well said, I agree 100%.

Delano
03-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Do these guys still train at the same place?

I thought they both had the same trainer when preparing to fight Forrest.

NewChief
03-06-2009, 12:51 PM

From what I watched last night in the preview, Rampage is training in England at some place called the Wolf Lair. They were going on and on about how cold it is and how the cold makes him angry.

raybec 4
03-06-2009, 12:51 PM

Jardine still trains in New Mexico with Greg Jackson, I believe Rampage went to Bispings camp in the UK.

Delano
03-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh that's right. I forgot he was with Bisping.

I hope I can find a free source. Rampage is always entertaining, but he can not carry a card alone.

raybec 4
03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh that's right. I forgot he was with Bisping.

I hope I can find a free source. Rampage is always entertaining, but he can not carry a card alone.

Yeah and Jardine has zero entertainment value.

Molitoth
03-06-2009, 01:12 PM
$50 is just too much money. The last UFC PPV I attended... all of the fights were horrible. They need to bring that down to like $25-$30.

raybec 4
03-06-2009, 01:48 PM
$50 is just too much money. The last UFC PPV I attended... all of the fights were horrible. They need to bring that down to like $25-$30.

Yep, for cards like this I go to Buffalo Wild Wings or some other sports bar and watch. For a big card I'll pony up the fitty.

blaise
03-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Why is he a dick? Personal experience or just opinion?

Just opinion. When I see his interviews he just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe "dick" is too strong, but I just don't like him.

Sfeihc
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm trying to stimulate the economy so I'll be there tomorrow night. My first UFC PPV in person.

Delano
03-06-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm trying to stimulate the economy so I'll be there tomorrow night. My first UFC PPV in person.

Well, they always have great ring girls!

Please give a report of the stuff you don't see on television when you get back.

raybec 4
03-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Just opinion. When I see his interviews he just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe "dick" is too strong, but I just don't like him.

That's cool, I was just hoping to hear some poop about him, I guess I'm a gossip whore.

Sfeihc
03-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Well, they always have great ring girls!

Please give a report of the stuff you don't see on television when you get back.

will do

raybec 4
03-06-2009, 03:00 PM
will do

It would be sweet to be there in person, I would like to hear your thoughts on the undercard stuff for sure.

Delano
03-07-2009, 07:59 PM
I hope Sfeihc is having fun.

ArrowheadHawk
03-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I guess I need somebody to merge my threads. I looked back two pages and didn't see nothing.