PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs chiefs add another pats LB/resign McGraw

booger
03-06-2009, 02:36 PM
DARRELL ROBERTSON

no link that i know of. He is on the kcchiefs.com roster

booger
03-06-2009, 02:37 PM
recently cut by the pats. Might have been a waiver claim.

Amnorix
03-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Never heard of him. Probably a practice squad guy.

booger
03-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Kansas City Agrees to terms with S Jon Mcgraw, LB Darrell Robertson
Mar 06, 2009, 3:36:05 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Friday that the club has agreed to terms with S Jon McGraw and LB Darrell Robertson.

McGraw (6-3, 208) has played in 86 games (12 starts) in his seven NFL seasons with the N.Y. Jets (2002-04), Detroit (2005-06) and Kansas City (2007-08). He has recorded 167 tackles (123 solo), four INTs for four yards, 12 passes defensed, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. He also has 99 special teams tackles to go with a fumble recovery and forced fumble on special teams. McGraw has seen action in four postseason contests, registering 11 tackles (eight solo) and four special teams stops. He originally entered the NFL as a second-round draft pick (57th overall) of the Jets in the 2002 NFL Draft. McGraw played in 43 games (19 starts) at Kansas State, finishing his collegiate career with 184 tackles (138 solo), 16.0 tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks, 17 passes defensed and nine interceptions. He prepped at Riley County High School in Manhattan, Kansas.

Robertson (6-4, 246) spent time on the New England practice squad in 2008. He originally entered the NFL in 2008 as a rookie free agent with Dallas. He played in two games for the Edmonton Eskimos of the Canadian Football League a year ago, recording six tackles. He played in 50 games at Georgia Tech, recording 108 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 25.0 tackles for loss and 26 QB pressures. Robertson was a four-year letterman at Jonesboro High School, in Jonesboro, Georgia.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/03/06/kansas_city_agrees_to_terms_with_s_jon_mcgraw_lb_darrell_robertson/

keg in kc
03-06-2009, 02:40 PM
So Jon McGraw's blackmail pics weren't herm or carl. Must be clark.

alpha_omega
03-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Come on out all you McGraw haters....

DeezNutz
03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Come on out all you McGraw haters....

Why?

I think it's mean that the Chiefs forced him to resign. He has to make a living, too.

Woodrow Call
03-06-2009, 03:02 PM
I drafted Robertson for the Cards last year in the CP mock, he's a classic DE/OLB tweener that had a pretty good senior year at Georgia Tech. Worth a look IMO.

Can't say I've very excited about McGraw though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Seems like we are hellbent on having good special teams.

raybec 4
03-06-2009, 03:05 PM

Too bad having good defense doesn't go along with that.

Amnorix
03-06-2009, 03:10 PM

It's actually a Belichickian approach -- start rebuilding with special teams. It's easier than building a good offense/defense, and with good special teams you can help BOTH the offense and defnse with field position.

It can easily help you steal a game or three during a season.

Micjones
03-06-2009, 03:13 PM
It's actually a Belichickian approach -- start rebuilding with special teams. It's easier than building a good offense/defense, and with good special teams you can help BOTH the offense and defnse with field position.

We had a pretty good ST unit not so long ago.
It's definitely important.

Fruit Ninja
03-06-2009, 03:14 PM

Yep, McGraw is a pretty good special teamer. I am all for that. Him playing D, not really for that though.

Deberg_1990
03-06-2009, 03:32 PM

Hmmm...makes me think the Chiefs might be drafting a kicker this year??

Basileus777
03-06-2009, 03:46 PM
There's no guarantee McGraw is going to be on the roster come September anyway.

Ultra Peanut
03-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Fuck Jon McGraw.

Saccopoo
03-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Hmmm...makes me think the Chiefs might be drafting a kicker this year??

First free agent signing should be Louie Sakoda - if the Chiefs don't pick him up in the latter rounds of the draft. From 50 and in, he's as automatic and cool as anyone I've ever seen. Maybe even a better punter than field goal kicker too. I like Colquitt a ton, but two roster spots are two roster spots.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2009, 04:12 PM

I always wondered if Priefer was maybe unfairly outcast as a poor special teams coach, when in fact maybe the team was taking good players away from him in the attempt to build a complete roster. A few names immediately come to mind. Recently, it's Brackenridge and Patterson--two below average players who happened to be exceptional special teamers. I also remember during the Vermeil years, there were a ton of useless players who were tremendous at special teams: Stills, Caver, Bartee, Blaylock, Boerigter. These were guys that were cut because we were so shallow in talent that we had to make sure every roster spots was held by a player who might be able to contribute right away.

Skip Towne
03-06-2009, 04:19 PM
We'll bludgeon other teams with our special teams.

doomy3
03-06-2009, 04:37 PM
**** Jon McGraw.

Here you go with your intermingling of football and sex again. Isn't this what made Bootlegged mad?

WhitiE
03-06-2009, 05:28 PM
First free agent signing should be Louie Sakoda - if the Chiefs don't pick him up in the latter rounds of the draft. From 50 and in, he's as automatic and cool as anyone I've ever seen. Maybe even a better punter than field goal kicker too. I like Colquitt a ton, but two roster spots are two roster spots.

but what happens when he goes down?

Micjones
03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
I always wondered if Priefer was maybe unfairly outcast as a poor special teams coach, when in fact maybe the team was taking good players away from him in the attempt to build a complete roster. A few names immediately come to mind. Recently, it's Brackenridge and Patterson--two below average players who happened to be exceptional special teamers. I also remember during the Vermeil years, there were a ton of useless players who were tremendous at special teams: Stills, Caver, Bartee, Blaylock, Boerigter. These were guys that were cut because we were so shallow in talent that we had to make sure every roster spots was held by a player who might be able to contribute right away.

Hard to tell.

I also wondered if Dante Hall completely forgot how to be an explosive returnman or if all the turnover on ST affected our return game.

I just wanna see some stability there. Whatever that looks like.

CupidStunt
03-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah ... quick fix alright. Just listen to the armchair know-it-alls on ChiefsPlanet - we're going for a quick fix!

Mecca
03-06-2009, 06:31 PM
God damn it I hate Jon McGraw.

Darth CarlSatan
03-06-2009, 06:42 PM

True enough.

Vanover then then "The Human Joystick".

Fuck Jon McGraw.

God damn it I hate Jon McGraw.

ROFL

But...but...New England's twilight clean up crew needs love too! :rolleyes:

KcFanInGA
03-06-2009, 09:07 PM

I disagree. If special teams are good, you pin the opponent deep, and then your d gives up a clock chompin td drive, there is no benefit. If special teams are good, you start off with great field position. Then you go three and out in two minutes, rinse and repeat. But you say this is Belicheckian? Has he done this and had it work? Hope I dont sound sarcastic, not tryin to be. Just curious

Darth CarlSatan
03-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah ... quick fix alright. Just listen to the armchair know-it-alls on ChiefsPlanet - we're going for a quick fix!

I was thinking "Pioli Assisted Living Center For Belichickian Cast-Offs" but hey, to each his own.:p

J Diddy
03-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I disagree. If special teams are good, you pin the opponent deep, and then your d gives up a clock chompin td drive, there is no benefit. If special teams are good, you start off with great field position. Then you go three and out in two minutes, rinse and repeat. But you say this is Belicheckian? Has he done this and had it work? Hope I dont sound sarcastic, not tryin to be. Just curious

The odds are on the side of the defense who's got to protect 90 yards of field to defend the win as well as they are on the offense who's got a short field to drive to win. IMO, smart move.

Halfcan
03-06-2009, 10:52 PM
If he is good enough for the Eskimos he is good enough for the Chiefs.

Blick
03-07-2009, 02:03 AM
I drafted Robertson for the Cards last year in the CP mock, he's a classic DE/OLB tweener that had a pretty good senior year at Georgia Tech. Worth a look IMO.

I agree. I think he'll be in the mix at OLB. He's an athletic tweener like you said and those guys work well in the 3-4.

He was good enough for someone to make a highlights package:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6VG-NwrEI

BigChiefFan
03-08-2009, 03:47 PM
He's only 22 years old and actually has a shot to make our team. I like the move.

ChiefsCountry
03-08-2009, 04:11 PM

See 1986 Chiefs.