PDA

View Full Version : Life You are offically 'old' when.....

mlyonsd
03-06-2009, 08:02 PM
It's Friday night, you're helping out by doing laundry (I understand that's a sign in itself) while your wife is at a prayer service and you need to put on reading glasses to determine if you are folding you or your son's underwear.

keg in kc
03-06-2009, 08:05 PM
If doing laundry on a friday night means you're old, then I've been old for years.

88TG88
03-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Yup, you're old gramps.

mlyonsd
03-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Yup, you're old gramps.

Ok, I'm good since I didn't need the glasses to read this.

nstygma
03-06-2009, 08:41 PM
you're also old when.... you wake up naturally at the crack of dawn with no alarm clock

luv
03-06-2009, 08:42 PM
you're also old when.... you wake up naturally at the crack of dawn with no alarm clock

Nah, that's just habit.

Count Zarth
03-06-2009, 08:42 PM
I just got carded.

luv
03-06-2009, 08:44 PM
I just got carded.

I still get carded....about half the time.

KcMizzou
03-06-2009, 08:47 PM
I still get carded....about half the time.I do about 1/3. Every time at the P&L district though. They're cautious there.

It makes me feel old that my 12 yr old son is as tall as my 27 yr old little brother.

Might not make sense, but it does..

luv
03-06-2009, 08:53 PM
I do about 1/3. Every time at the P&L district though. They're cautious there.

It makes me feel old that my 12 yr old son is as tall as my 27 yr old little brother.

Just wait until he can take you down.

mlyonsd
03-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Wrong crowd for this thread.

BTW, if you're not really old and it's Friday night and you're looking at this thread you really are old.

JazzzLovr
03-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Wrong crowd for this thread.

BTW, if you're not really old and it's Friday night and you're looking at this thread you really are old.

Or really broke. Heh.

dtebbe
03-06-2009, 09:01 PM
You take the Flowmaster exhaust off your truck because it's too loud...

DT

KcMizzou
03-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Just wait until he can take you down.They team up on me. We wrestle around now and then... not as much as they'd like, because I'm old. I can still toss 'em around pretty good, but when I lock up with the older boy, the younger one likes to go for the cheap shots.

It's a blast, but I usually end up with a few bruises. Sometimes I'll lay down and let 'em put an armbar or something on me. They LOVE that. Esp. if I tap.

It's tough to really make it fun without breaking something. I'm always, "Oof! Watch out for the TV!... Ugh!! Stay away from the coffee table, you'll fall on it! Gah!... ok short break... let's move away from the computer."

nstygma
03-06-2009, 09:06 PM
you still have a tv guide magazine on on the stand next to your recliner

munkey
03-06-2009, 09:07 PM

nah...been doing that since I can't remember...littlest one does it too. 6:00AM every damn day of the week.

Bearcat
03-06-2009, 09:07 PM
I still get carded....about half the time.

I do about 1/3. Every time at the P&L district though. They're cautious there.

Really? I don't remember the last time I wasn't carded, and that includes a couple of local dives that used to not care. I thought they bumped it to anyone who looks younger than 60 a while back.

luv
03-06-2009, 09:09 PM
you still have a tv guide magazine on on the stand next to your recliner

You still order pizza over the phone.

I'd say you don't know how to work DVR, have tivo, etc, but I don't hav anything like that.

KcMizzou
03-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Really? I don't remember the last time I wasn't carded, and that includes a couple of local dives that used to not care. I thought they bumped it to anyone who looks younger than 60 a while back.Most of the time, when I'm buying beer, it's at the convenience store around the corner. I'm a regular. They already know me.

nstygma
03-06-2009, 09:10 PM
nah...been doing that since I can't remember...littlest one does it too. 6:00AM every damn day of the week.i wish i could. i got stuck with the night-owl trait

luv
03-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Really? I don't remember the last time I wasn't carded, and that includes a couple of local dives that used to not care. I thought they bumped it to anyone who looks younger than 60 a while back.

When I worked at a convenience store, people had to look 27. Of course, that was 12 years ago.

Bearcat
03-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Most of the time, when I'm buying beer, it's at the convenience store around the corner. I'm a regular. They already know me.

Ah, I'm not a regular anywhere. Maybe that's another sign you're old. :p

KcMizzou
i wish i could. i got stuck with the night-owl traitMe too. I like to stay up all night, but I also like to get home from work really early. It's a rough combination.

booger
you just have to make it more fun.

Example. I'm going out for recess in about 5 minutes to play Dobershit Launch. The weather has wormed up so no more throwning the crap out with the trash. In the cold the garbage man doesn't notice but I imagine he'd gripe so It's time for a new game. Kinda like lacrosse but with a shovel and dog poo. That 100 #er leaves lots of stinky presents in the yard and only so much goes in the compost pile.

Target 1 is the house where nobody has lived for over a year and the tall grass grew up to the genital region and with the rain made for a helluva skeeter orgy. The real tough rock like turds are for the snooty bitch who never waves and her garden. Don't want to break no windows.

mlyonsd
Getting carded this day and age isn't a sign of being young. Sorry. My 60 year old wife is proof of that.

Bearcat
03-06-2009, 09:14 PM
When I worked at a convenience store, people had to look 27. Of course, that was 12 years ago.

I've heard 'under 30' is the norm, but I vaguely remember someone telling me not too long ago that some places are even saying 35 or 40..... and when I was at a Shreveport, LA Buffalo Wild Wings over Thanksgiving, they wouldn't serve a couple of my 50-something relatives because they didn't have ID. LMAO

KcMizzou
Ah, I'm not a regular anywhere. Maybe that's another sign you're old. :pC'mon now, man. It's a convenience store. It's convenient! Of course I'm a regular.

luv
Me too. I like to stay up all night, but I also like to get home from work really early. It's a rough combination.

I missed 3 morning workouts this week. I gotta stop staying up until midnight and trying to get up at 5:30.

luv
03-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I've heard 'under 30' is the norm, but I vaguely remember someone telling me not too long ago that some places are even saying 35 or 40..... and when I was at a Shreveport, LA Buffalo Wild Wings over Thanksgiving, they wouldn't serve a couple of my 50-something relatives because they didn't have ID. LMAO

Someone can look 70. If you ask them for ID, and they don't have it, you can refuse to sell.

KcMizzou
03-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I've heard 'under 30' is the norm, but I vaguely remember someone telling me not too long ago that some places are even saying 35 or 40..... and when I was at a Shreveport, LA Buffalo Wild Wings over Thanksgiving, they wouldn't serve a couple of my 50-something relatives because they didn't have ID. LMAOIt's all silly anyway. One persons 30 may look like another's 40. I don't blame businesses for just carding everyone. Hell, I don't mind.

Bearcat
03-06-2009, 09:17 PM
C'mon now, man. It's a convenience store. It's convenient! Of course I'm a regular.

Eh, I'm never in one place for a few months, so I'm not even a regular at gas stations. I'm not even supposed to be here. :harumph:

PastorMikH
03-06-2009, 09:20 PM

You're old when you can no longer sleep through the night without getting up at least once in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

nstygma
Getting carded this day and age isn't a sign of being young. Sorry. My 60 year old wife is proof of that.when i worked at a gas station, i would card most women. they loved it and took it as a compliment.

Bearcat
It's all silly anyway. One persons 30 may look like another's 40. I don't blame businesses for just carding everyone. Hell, I don't mind.

I agree, and I don't mind... except, even when I point it out, it takes them 5 minutes to find the date because I have an out-of-state license.

But, luv... if someone looks 70, they're not <21. Give them the damn beer. ;)

luv
C'mon now, man. It's a convenience store. It's convenient! Of course I'm a regular.

I worked at a convenience store in a small town just outside of Springfield. Lots of regulars. Most of the time, I would have people's cigarettes ready for them when they got to the counter. I even had one guy's SSN memorized due to writing it on the back of the check so much.

KcMizzou
Eh, I'm never in one place for a few months, so I'm not even a regular at gas stations. I'm not even supposed to be here. :harumph:http://www.scene-stealers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/clerks_xl_01.jpg

luv
03-06-2009, 09:22 PM
I agree, and I don't mind... except, even when I point it out, it takes them 5 minutes to find the date because I have an out-of-state license.

Oh, I know. I'm just saying what the law says, or at least used to say.

When are you supposed to leave town? I thought about heading up there to watch the Big 12 Championship game Saturday, but I'm not gonna be able to afford it.

MadMax
03-06-2009, 09:27 PM
You're old when you can no longer sleep through the night without getting up at least once in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

Aye Pastor aye :(

Bearcat
03-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh, I know. I'm just saying what the law says, or at least used to say.

When are you supposed to leave town? I thought about heading up there to watch the Big 12 Championship game Saturday, but I'm not gonna be able to afford it.

Every week for the past 6 it's been "next Monday"... this time I really think it could be the middle of next week, but I dunno. It'll suck if it's next weekend, because I need time to fill out brackets, damnit! :cuss:

I'll only have a couple day's notice, so it won't be until Wednesday that I know where I'll be next weekend.

I'm torn... the ACC tournament is 3 blocks from my freakin' hotel, but I'd also love to just hang out around the P&L and watch the B12 games. I think I'd rather be in Atlanta. :hmmm:

PastorMikH
03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Aye Pastor aye :(

I'm just thankful I'm still young enough to wake up and get up before going to the bathroom.

MadMax
03-06-2009, 09:30 PM
They team up on me. We wrestle around now and then... not as much as they'd like, because I'm old. I can still toss 'em around pretty good, but when I lock up with the older boy, the younger one likes to go for the cheap shots.

It's a blast, but I usually end up with a few bruises. Sometimes I'll lay down and let 'em put an armbar or something on me. They LOVE that. Esp. if I tap.

It's tough to really make it fun without breaking something. I'm always, "Oof! Watch out for the TV!... Ugh!! Stay away from the coffee table, you'll fall on it! Gah!... ok short break... let's move away from the computer."

ROFL! I can relate to that :)

Jenson71
03-06-2009, 09:30 PM
You're old if Reader's Digest is the most exciting part of your week.

Bearcat
03-06-2009, 09:32 PM
You might live in Iowa if Reader's Digest is the most exciting part of your week.

FYP

munkey
03-06-2009, 09:35 PM
OK...

I'll play...

Cartoons when I was 8 were only on Saturdays which included looney tunes or tom and jerry.

I remember watching the Carol Burnett Show, Laugh In, Muppet Show, Zoom, Million Dollar Man, Greatest American Hero, Mork and Mindy, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Card Sharks, ABC Afternoon Specials, Bionic Woman, Wonder Woman, Spiderman, The Hulk, Shazam, Lost in Space, Land of the lost, Rocky and Bull Winkle, Johnny Quest (favorite cartoon other than looney tunes).

Toys - GI Joe action figures (with kunk fu grip), Adventure People and Evil Kienvel motorcycle stuff, stretch armstrong.

Music - Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Kiss, ELO, Chicago, Bread, Loggins and Mesina, Split Enz, David Bowe, Queen, Boston, Supertramp, Billy Squire, ZZ Top, Rush, Flock of Seagulls, The Fixx, INXS, Ozzy, DIO, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Blonde, Missing Persons, Devo, Oingo Boingo, Huey Lewis & the News, Journey, B52's, Sex Pistols, The Cars (favorite band of all time), The Cure, Tears for Fears...the list goes on and on...

KcMizzou
03-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Looney Tunes was the best...

While grandpa read the paper (He'd give us kids the "funny pages"), grandma was making eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy... then at say... 10am... all us kids would go "exploring" around the pond... down in the woods by the creek...

That's "old school" for me.

I'm kinda sad that my boys don't really have the chance to do that.

My youngest boy's finding his own way, though. There's a wooded area behind our place... he calls it "the jungle". Damned kid drug a huge chuck of quartz out of there, he was damned proud. (Indiana Jones shit) Took it to school for show and tell. To him, it was a treasure.

I'll deal with the occasional poison ivy, and/or nettles... to let him do that.

Nzoner
03-06-2009, 09:51 PM
pvssys..then I'm goin on 22 :toast:

KcMizzou
03-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Sorry, got a little sappy there.

You know you're getting old, when you're getting sappy about things like that.

luv
03-06-2009, 09:54 PM

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.

Pioli Zombie
03-06-2009, 09:56 PM
You know you are old when your back goes out and you collapse in a heap on the floor...from just walking into the living room.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
03-06-2009, 09:57 PM
You know you are old when your back goes out and you collapse in a heap on the floor...from just walking into the living room.
Posted via Mobile Device

That sounds like more than age is a problem.

PastorMikH
03-06-2009, 09:59 PM

Getting sappy like that doesn't say anything at all about getting old, it tells us you've lost all your man cards.

:)

Pioli Zombie
03-06-2009, 10:01 PM
That sounds like more than age is a problem.

Well that is when the snow shoveling and swinging the big for her age child around stopped.
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
03-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Getting sappy like that doesn't say anything at all about getting old, it tells us you've lost all your man cards.

:)Whoa, I'd have thought you would agree with what I posted there.

Is it just the "getting sappy" in general?

Smed1065
03-06-2009, 10:02 PM
They team up on me. We wrestle around now and then... not as much as they'd like, because I'm old. I can still toss 'em around pretty good, but when I lock up with the older boy, the younger one likes to go for the cheap shots.

Guess that is code for do not hurt me? :D

KcMizzou
03-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Guess that is code for do not hurt me? :DYeah... um... exactly.

Smed1065
03-06-2009, 10:06 PM

I love having a military ID because the DOB is on the back.

Usually they look at the front and hand it back, I usually say the DOB is on the back and they look around and turn red. :)

JazzzLovr
03-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Whoa, I'd have thought you would agree with what I posted there.

Or maybe just the "picking on you" in general... :D

KcMizzou
03-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Or maybe just the "picking on you" in general... :DI admit, it's a combover.

Delano
03-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I admit, it's a combover.

Best filter EVAR.

JazzzLovr
03-06-2009, 10:17 PM
I admit, it's a combover.

LMAO

PastorMikH
03-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Whoa, I'd have thought you would agree with what I posted there.

Sure I remember that stuff, but man up and wipe off those tears, no wonder your boys are whipping you

:fire:

luv
03-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Sure I remember that stuff, but man up and wipe off those tears, no wonder your boys are whipping you

:fire:

Pastor's on a roll.

Hydrae
03-06-2009, 10:31 PM
...when you are reminising and talk about it in decades instead of years.

KcMizzou
03-06-2009, 10:32 PM

:fire:Heheh, for a Pastor, you're still kind of an A-hole. (edited for your benefit)

They know I can still whip 'em. That wasn't the point...

PastorMikH
03-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Heheh, for a Pastor, you're still kind of an A-hole. (edited for your benefit)

They know I can still whip 'em. That wasn't the point...

Why thank you.

Good to see you found those man cards.

:D

mlyonsd
03-06-2009, 11:03 PM
You're old if Reader's Digest is the most exciting part of your week.
You're old if you know what Reader's Digest reall is.

greg63
03-07-2009, 01:13 AM
It's Friday night, you're helping out by doing laundry (I understand that's a sign in itself) while your wife is at a prayer service and you need to put on reading glasses to determine if you are folding you or your son's underwear.

You're right, you are now officially over the hill. Trust me, I would know.

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 01:24 AM
When you have to ask?

alanm
03-07-2009, 01:36 AM
You're old when you can no longer sleep through the night without getting up at least once in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I hear ya. :spock:

Rausch
03-07-2009, 02:44 AM
...when you are reminising and talk about it in decades instead of years.

When you start to have arguments with the wife over style.

"Yeah, but you've had that forever."

"But it looks like new. I never really get a chance to wear it. I love this shirt."

"But you've had that shirt for TEN YEARS!"

"I've had you for ten years..."

"..."

Stewie
03-07-2009, 06:54 AM

Saw Palmetto is your friend. It's one of the natural supplements that actually works.

Edit: You know you're old when Saw Palmetto is in your vocabulary.

MTG#10
03-07-2009, 07:00 AM
You're up before 7AM on a Saturday posting on CP. :( (30 in 2 months :deevee:)

MTG#10
03-07-2009, 07:06 AM
You pull a muscle in your back/neck and its still sore two weeks later.

ClearmontChief
03-07-2009, 07:19 AM
...when you're more concerned with your Wife's bowel movements than gettin in her pants.

milkman
03-07-2009, 07:32 AM
You're up before 7AM on a Saturday posting on CP. :( (30 in 2 months :deevee:)

30?
30?

You think 30 is old?

Fuck, I must be ancient.

Pioli Zombie
03-07-2009, 07:33 AM
When you see a hottie and then realize you are probably too old for her mom.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
03-07-2009, 07:39 AM
When you can fondly look back and remember watching The Flintstones in primetime.

Pioli Zombie
03-07-2009, 07:41 AM
When you wish you were cool and good looking like paul mccartney or billy joel.
Posted via Mobile Device

mlyonsd
03-07-2009, 07:44 AM
The last time you watched the Chief's in a SB your younger brother was still in the womb and you went over and thumped mom's belly every time they scored.

And then you realize now he's 39.

Pioli Zombie
03-07-2009, 07:48 AM
When you remember barry bonds and ken griffeys fathers being rookies.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
03-07-2009, 07:54 AM
When you remember mary tyler moore being smoking hot like liv tyler is now (if they ever do a movie remake liv must play her)
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
03-07-2009, 07:56 AM
When you remember mary tyler moore being smoking hot like liv tyler is now (if they ever do a movie remake liv must play her)
Posted via Mobile Device

Mary Tyler Moore was smoking hot in "The Dick Van Dyke Show".

Not so much in her own show.

Pioli Zombie
03-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Mary Tyler Moore was smoking hot in "The Dick Van Dyke Show".

Not so much in her own show.

Agreed rhoda was hotter
Posted via Mobile Device

JohnnyV13
03-07-2009, 09:56 AM
You're old when you see a hot chick, and think she would be good for your son.

BTW...I don't have a son, so this does not apply to me. This is for all of you old geezers out there.

tmax63
03-07-2009, 10:11 AM
when what you used to do all night takes all night to do. And along the same lines, when you see a hottie and think her mom might be hotter yet.

JohnnyV13
03-07-2009, 10:14 AM
You're old when you meet a hot chick, and she thinks you'd be perfect for her mom.

Iowanian
03-07-2009, 11:10 AM
If you want to feel old.....go to Vegas with 9 guys, 7 younger than you...and try to keep up for 4 days.

Pioli Zombie
03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
When you still think of U2 as the new generation of music

When you have clothes that are older than some of the people you work with.

When you see a woman that drives you wild and you find out she's 56.
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
03-07-2009, 09:09 PM
You are officially old when you look like this:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2503/e6wyo9.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e6wyo9.jpg)

chop
03-07-2009, 09:12 PM
You know you have gotten old when you look at a NFL player profile and notice they were born when you graduated high school.

Phobia
03-07-2009, 09:52 PM

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2503/e6wyo9.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e6wyo9.jpg)

Dude - you're the last person on the planet who should be making fun of people for their looks. Give her as much crap as you want for being dumb but leave her looks out of it. If and when you finally find a lady you'll hope she looks that good at 44 because the vast majority do not.

Count Zarth
03-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Oh Phil. You card.

RJ
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
When you remember barry bonds and ken griffeys fathers being rookies.
Posted via Mobile Device

Check.

Check.

Shit.

JOhn
03-07-2009, 10:25 PM
You're old when you meet a hot chick, and she thinks you'd be perfect for her mom.

:banghead::banghead:

cdcox
03-07-2009, 10:47 PM
When you have clothes that are older than some of the people you work with.

I'm clinging to this. I have one shirt that is 36 years old and another that I've had for 33 years (I don't think it was new when I got it).

No more than 10% of the permanent employees of our department are younger than this; therefore, I am still young.

Pioli Zombie
03-08-2009, 06:47 AM
I'm clinging to this. I have one shirt that is 36 years old and another that I've had for 33 years (I don't think it was new when I got it).

No more than 10% of the permanent employees of our department are younger than this; therefore, I am still young.

Nah, I just said "some of the people you work with". 10 percent is some. You are old

Btw. Where do you work where so few people are younger than 36? The cast of Cocoon 3??
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
03-08-2009, 08:39 AM

To be fair, Seedy, you wear the same size you wore in the 6th grade.

stevieray
03-08-2009, 09:08 AM
when you bump into something, and it hurts.

RedNeckRaider
03-08-2009, 09:12 AM
You never pass a bathroom, never waste a hardon, never trust a fart....(The Bucket List)

MahiMike
03-08-2009, 09:30 AM
You're not old - you're pussy-whipped. Men don't do laundry.

boogblaster
03-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Ur old when ... u used to sit on the edge of the bed and cry for more .. and now u just sit on the edge of the bed and cry ............

JohnnyV13
03-08-2009, 09:54 AM

Ok, is this someone I should recognize?

TinyEvel
03-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I thought I was old the fist time I was driving home with a newly-purchased lawnmower in my car. That was ten years ago.
Yesterday, I was playing Drake's Fortune (a PS3 game) and was attempting to jump from a rock ledge to a log sticking out over a cliff. After five unsuccessful attempts,my 8 year old daughter said, "c'mon, dad, try harder"
I said, "You try it if you think it's so easy"

She got it in the first try.

:shake:

luv
03-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok, is this someone I should recognize?

badgirl

Frankie
03-08-2009, 12:04 PM
You are offically 'old' when.....

.... you take a good pee and wanna light a cigarette afterward.

COchief
03-08-2009, 12:06 PM
When I saw a fashion trend from my youth return is when it really hit me, pink shirts and popped collars were even more unbearable the second time around.

Skip Towne
03-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm so old it takes me an hour and a half to watch 60 minutes.

Jilly
03-08-2009, 12:45 PM
nah...been doing that since I can't remember...littlest one does it too. 6:00AM every damn day of the week.

5AM here.....5 months old...I'm hoping she gains an hour for every month

Pioli Zombie
03-08-2009, 12:47 PM
You start sentences with "By Gum"

College kids look like they are 14
Posted via Mobile Device

Jilly
03-08-2009, 12:49 PM
time changes mess you up for a week at least, weather changes are even worse

Frankie
03-08-2009, 12:49 PM
College kids look like they are 14
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup!

Bowser
03-08-2009, 01:04 PM
When you sneeze too hard and totally wrench your back.

Jilly
03-08-2009, 01:05 PM
You fuck too hard and totally wrench your back.

Katipan
03-08-2009, 01:11 PM
When you turn Cartoon Network on for the children in the room and all the grownups freak out because the intro to Snorkels comes on.

Katipan
03-08-2009, 01:12 PM
You **** too hard and totally wrench your back.

You gotta stretch first! :p

Bowser
03-08-2009, 01:13 PM
You fuck too hard and totally wrench your back.

Yeah, that too. People aren't as bendy as they were when they were 22.

Bowser
03-08-2009, 01:15 PM
When you turn Cartoon Network on for the children in the room and all the grownups freak out because the intro to Snorkels comes on.

Or when you actually understand the 70's and 80's references on shows like The Fairly Oddparents and laugh, while your kid looks at you like you're crazy.

StcChief
03-08-2009, 01:16 PM
when TVLand rules.

Pioli Zombie
03-08-2009, 01:18 PM
when TVLand rules.

Yes. When you appreciate the peace and quiet of mayberry.
Posted via Mobile Device

Katipan
03-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Or when you actually understand the 70's and 80's references on shows like The Fairly Oddparents and laugh, while your kid looks at you like you're crazy.

Oh they did not have any idea why we all wanted to watch Snorkels. I think they would have chosen a documentary on rocks over the Snorkels.

I also noticed during the picking of video games, the adults all gravitated to the oldies like Marios 1-3. We got alot of eye rolling from 6yr - 10yr olds for that.

Pioli Zombie
03-08-2009, 01:24 PM
When your idea of a hot friday night is trying to catch the special at cracker barrel
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
03-08-2009, 01:27 PM
When your idea of a hot friday night is trying to catch the special at cracker barrel
Posted via Mobile Device

That's pretty fucking old.

Pioli Zombie
03-08-2009, 01:29 PM
When classmates younger than you are having strokes.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray
03-08-2009, 01:32 PM
When your kids think the cover of a classic song they've just heard by (insert one of eleventy billion teen stars) is actually the original.

JOhn
03-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Your 25th HS reunion :doh!:

StcChief
03-08-2009, 01:37 PM
When your kids think the cover of a classic song they've just heard by (insert one of eleventy billion teen stars) is actually the original.no doubt, or they hear the original and say it's from the WRONG group.

sodcat
03-08-2009, 01:39 PM
when ur prescription drugs out number ur over the counter meds....................

damaticous
03-08-2009, 01:57 PM
When your kids think the cover of a classic song they've just heard by (insert one of eleventy billion teen stars) is actually the original.

yeppers. lol

damaticous
03-08-2009, 01:58 PM
no doubt, or they hear the original and say it's from the WRONG group.

LMAO

mlyonsd
03-08-2009, 02:05 PM
...it's Saturday night, you come in from working in the shop, your wife is in the shower and you find slutty lingerie laid out on the bed and your first thought is "WTF? Can't she hang anything up?".

liljohn7
03-08-2009, 02:11 PM
When you hurt like hell in the mornings. I can remember my day waking up and saying he slept wrong and I thought he was nuts, now I do the same thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
03-08-2009, 03:03 PM
...it's Saturday night, you come in from working in the shop, your wife is in the shower and you find slutty lingerie laid out on the bed and your first thought is "WTF? Can't she hang anything up?".

Sounds more ghey than old. :D

Frankie
03-09-2009, 11:08 AM
You gotta stretch first! :p

I thought she would stretch afterward. Which is OK if it doesn't leave stretch marks.

Frankie
03-09-2009, 11:11 AM
When you realize you are going to more funerals than Birthdays.

Bob Dole
03-09-2009, 11:31 AM
When you get up out of your office chair and you're afraid you might have just broken your hip.

FUCK!

tooge
03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
you couldn't make it on an NFL roster, even as a kicker.

speak24
03-09-2009, 11:50 AM
When everything gives you gas...
:fart:

Inspector
03-09-2009, 12:41 PM
When people talk about how old they are and they are 10 - 20 years younger than your kids......

This was a depressing thread.

kaplin42
03-09-2009, 12:45 PM
When people talk about how old they are and they are 10 - 20 years younger than your kids......

This was a depressing thread.

This made me laugh.

At least you got a good sense of humor.

Inspector
03-09-2009, 12:47 PM
This made me laugh.

At least you got a good sense of humor.

Yeah, we hang on to anything we can.

There are no golden years by the way. It's just a scam.

keg in kc
03-09-2009, 12:48 PM
you're participating in a thread about how you're official old when...

Inspector
03-09-2009, 01:01 PM
you're participating in a thread about how you're official old when...

You forget what your supposed to be posting about by the time you find the right button to push?

blaise
03-09-2009, 01:02 PM
You're old when you start ordering coffee as your beverage at a restaurant. Not like after dinner, but with dinner. As in, "I'll have the meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and to drink I'll have a coffee, black."

keg in kc
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
You forget what your supposed to be posting about by the time you find the right button to push?You forget what button you were looking for before you find it.

PastorMikH
03-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Your 25th HS reunion :doh!:

Don't be so hard on yourself, I bet you weren't the only bald dude there.

:)

El Jefe
03-11-2009, 08:47 AM
When an afternoon of chopping firewood leaves you barely able to crawl out of your bed to go to church the next morning, and you have to wear a back brace under your suit to keep you straight. Or when playing rec. basketball, you have to ice your knees,ankles, and put a heat pad on your back after you're done playing. When you use a bush hog to mow a 10 acre field and after about 2 hours of been thrashed around, your back all but locks up and you can barely get down off the tractor. When the weather changes or you go through a time change and it messes your body up for a week. I get migraines with the weather changes what a PITA. All of these things are things that happen to me consistently and I am younger than most on here, so just remember there are plenty of younger folks who have similar health issues as older people.

mlyonsd
03-12-2009, 05:16 PM
When you're looking at one of your 8th grade son's teachers and are thinking she's hot, but she's probably the same age as your oldest daughter.

stevieray
03-12-2009, 05:33 PM
when you feel compelled to give advice on how to connect with your kid.

Iowanian
03-12-2009, 05:52 PM
You'll feel old when you're scheduling the tests I'm scheduling this week.

Blick
03-13-2009, 02:27 AM
I'm not old, but I feel old when I remember kids in my family or kids of my parents' friends being really little, and then now they're in college.

Frankie
03-13-2009, 08:32 AM
You'll feel old when you're scheduling the tests I'm scheduling this week.

Do tell. :evil:

EyePod
03-13-2009, 09:10 AM

It would have been much worse if you were watching the grandkids at the same time!

PastorMikH
03-14-2009, 05:26 PM
You know you're old when you find yourself changing the zoom level to read what's on the web page.

JOhn
03-14-2009, 05:44 PM
You know you're old when you find yourself changing the zoom level to read what's on the web page.

Just us the BIG icons old man

mlyonsd
03-14-2009, 06:04 PM
It would have been much worse if you were watching the grandkids at the same time!

Old is having twin 6 year old grandaughters that live in Florida and you're very sad you only get to see them a couple times a year.

The only bright side is knowing their mother, your daughter, is always worried when I'm around them that I'll teach them 'bad' stuff.

When they were here while being potty trained I taught them to yell "Don't forget, flush the crapper" when they made a successful trip. They'd run into the bathroom and try just to make me laugh. I'm a kid genious (CP spelling).

Their mom and her MIL were not amused.

PastorMikH
03-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Just us the BIG icons old man

Thanks for the tip Older Man!

:thumb:

keg in kc
03-14-2009, 07:19 PM
You're old when you jog with no problems, and then pull a muscle scrubbing your back in the shower.

True story this afternoon. :( LMAO

speak24
03-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Everything no matter what 's hurts...

Earthling
03-14-2009, 09:35 PM
So the guy tells her..."Know it ? Hell I WROTE it ! "

Oh wait...Oops..Dang, wrong thread I think...

Pioli Zombie
03-14-2009, 10:44 PM
When it takes the effort of a woman pushing out a baby to get a real,good,healthy log of shit to come out.
Posted via Mobile Device

mlyonsd
03-15-2009, 07:51 AM
You're officially old when it's midnight on a Saturday and you're sitting at home watching John Denver on PBS.

milkman
03-15-2009, 07:58 AM
when ur prescription drugs out number ur over the counter meds....................

I don't know about old, but you are officially stupid when you use "ur" instead of actually writing "your".

JOhn
03-15-2009, 08:06 AM
I don't know about old, but you are officially stupid when you use "ur" instead of actually writing "your".

ROFL

damaticous
03-15-2009, 09:26 AM
...when you pull a muscle during sex.

True story, 2 days later I'm still limpin round the house. :(:deevee::shake:

luv
03-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Your main accomplishment for the weekend is getting all of your laundry done.

Pioli Zombie
03-15-2009, 01:29 PM
When a friends asks you over for dinner sunday at 1 and you say "no. I have work in the morning. I think I'm going to lay low and rest today". And the friend is a hot 34 black chick that looks like Halle Berry.
Posted via Mobile Device

mlyonsd
03-15-2009, 01:42 PM
When a friends asks you over for dinner sunday at 1 and you say "no. I have work in the morning. I think I'm going to lay low and rest today". And the friend is a hot 34 black chick that looks like Halle Berry.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's not old, that's just plain stupid.;)

Pioli Zombie
03-15-2009, 01:45 PM
That's not old, that's just plain stupid.;)
Well we've been down that road before. Twice out of a 100 times its resulted in some action. I'm tired and I don't like those odds today.
Posted via Mobile Device

mlyonsd
03-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Well we've been down that road before. Twice out of a 100 times its resulted in some action. I'm tired and I don't like those odds today.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hear you. That stuff happened to me all the time too. 30 years ago.

(Now that's old)